Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

johnq is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    john, I need to know specificially where your shoulders are aching and which exercises you are doing for chest and delts! Also, do you feel it hurting wrose during the performance of any specific chest or shoulder exercises?
    the pain is in the joint between the shoulder and my delts same place on both sides, i have the pain all day, every time i move my arms or lift them up i find it uncomfortable when am sleeping, i need to warm up twice as much as normal when i do chest or shoulders i need to do 100reps of light weight, then when increase the weight and carry on with my routine the pain stops, i find my shoulders hurt more when i do everyday things.
    the pain getting worse everyday.
    am sat here doing pressing movements and my shoulders dont hurt but if i twist n turn my elbows up it hurts alot.
    i dont think the pain as got anything to do with my training or exercises.

chest routine
    bench press flat
    dumbell press incline with DB
    flat flyes with DB

shoulder
    DB press seated
    upright rows
    DB side raises
    Last edited by johnq; 10-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq View Post
    the pain is in the joint between the shoulder and my delts same place on both sides, I AM GOING TO ASSUME YOU MEAN THE PAIN IS LOCATED IN THE PEC/DELT TIE- IN LOCATED IN THE ANTERIOR REGION OF THE SHOULDFER GIRLDLE? i have the pain all day, every time i move my arms or lift them up i find it uncomfortable when am sleeping, i need to warm up twice as much as normal when i do chest or shoulders i need to do 100reps of light weight, then when increase the weight and carry on with my routine the pain stops, i find my shoulders hurt more when i do everyday things. HOW LONG HAS THIS PAIN BEEN GOING ON AND DO YOU REMEMBER INJURING THEM AT ONE POINT? WE ALL KNOW THAT ARIMIDEX CAN CAUSE SEVERE JOINT PAIN BUT HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN INCREASE IN PAIN FROM TAKING GH?
    the pain getting worse everyday. YOU NEED TO STOP ALL PRESSING MOVEMENTS UNTIL THIS THING CLEARS UP!
    am sat here doing pressing movements and my shoulders dont hurt but if i twist n turn my elbows up it hurts alot.
    i dont think the pain as got anything to do with my training or exercises.

chest routine
    bench press flat (CAN BE BAD) YOU NEED TO DO A SLIGHT DECLINE PRESS USING A SMITH MACHINE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

dumbell press incline with DB (WHAT ANGLE OF INCLINE) BAD FOR TIE-IN IF ANGLE IS HIGH OR DUMBBELLS ARE BROUGHT DOWN TOO DEEP
    flat flyes with DB (CAN BE BAD) TOO MUCH STRETCH ON TIE IN. BEST OFF USING A MACHINE AND LETTING ELBOWS COME BACK ONLY TO PARALLEL WITH BODY.
    shoulder
    DB press seated (CAN BE BAD FOR NOW) YOU NEED TO STICK A MACHINE AND LOWER YOUR HANDS ONLY TO THE EAR LOBES
    upright rows
    DB side raises
    I asked a few more question above to try and get more information about your situation and I provided some suggestions.

You'll need to stop all pressing movements until this thing clears up. Once you get back to training, some exercise adjustements will need to be made and your form must change. What your going to need to do is use less weight and do slower repetitions using meticulous form. This means concentrating on the muscle being worked more than trying to lift more weight. You'll want to keep reps high as well.

We all have to make certain adjustments from time to time and if you keep going you could develop permanent tendontitus which could involve getting frequent cortisone shots or worse.

**MC*LB** is offline New Member
    ok so i am new to all this...and as such i am beyond confused. What roids should i use? How should i use them? Can i loose fat and gain muscle in time for football in January? What exactly is stacking...basically...i need to know everything...thanks for your help

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by **MC*LB** View Post
    ok so i am new to all this...and as such i am beyond confused. What roids should i use? How should i use them? Can i loose fat and gain muscle in time for football in January? What exactly is stacking...basically...i need to know everything...thanks for your help
    It all depends on your age and how long you have been lifting! If you are not old enough or have yet to do some things as a natural I would wait on using steroids .

500 mgs a week of test enanthate is good for a first cycle if your gear is not underdosed.

You can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time during a first cycle if you focus on consuming a lot of lean protein but it's best to bulk during a first timer if possible.

Maximum gains are made during weeks 4-8 while reloading with steroids. During the following 2 week deload one should keep a base of testosterone in the equation and then up test dosages and/or add in other compounds for another 8 week reload and so on. This turns out to be one extended cycle and gains are much more pronounced.

The concept of using for 12 weeks and then taking off for 12 weeks is a sure-fire way to loss your gains. You've got to stay on something pretty much year round to keep gains.

Stacking entails combining various steroids together to produce a more anabolic state while experiencing less side effects.

I asked a few more question above to try and get more information about your situation and I provided some suggestions.

You'll need to stop all pressing movements until this thing clears up. Once you get back to training, some exercise adjustements will need to be made and your form must change. What your going to need to do is use less weight and do slower repetitions using meticulous form. This means concentrating on the muscle being worked more than trying to lift more weight. You'll want to keep reps high as well.

We all have to make certain adjustments from time to time and if you keep going you could develop permanent tendontitus which could involve getting frequent cortisone shots or worse.
    thanks for the suggestions ill take it all on board, my training form as been good ive never had any injuries before, now you mentioned hgh my joints have felt sore since starting hgh.
    this is the pain level from 1to 10 of how much it hurts. been on hgh for 9 weeks
    week 3 to week 7 pain level 3 out 10
    week 7 to week 9 pain level 7 out 10
    yesterday i was in pain but today they feel alot better,
    i think it must have something to do with the hgh, then when i added arimidex the pain got worse.
    do you think my joint pain will improve if i carry on taking hgh or get worse?
    am starting week 4 of my deca and test cycle, i heard that deca helps with joint pain if so that should start kicking soon.
    just been reading on the side effects of hgh. if you take to much or increase your dose to quick it can coarse these side effects
    aching and stiff joints
    swollon hands and feet
    water retention
    pins n needles in hands
    i have all of the above sides, shall i drop the dose back down to 2ius then increase the dose slowly like 1iu a week?
    or shall i carry on doing 6ius a day and hope my sides will improve?

Ronnie thanks alot, cheers for your advice.
    Last edited by johnq; 10-25-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Wink

thanks for the suggestions ill take it all on board, my training form as been good ive never had any injuries before, now you mentioned hgh my joints have felt sore since starting hgh.
    this is the pain level from 1to 10 of how much it hurts. been on hgh for 9 weeks
    week 3 to week 7 pain level 3 out 10
    week 7 to week 9 pain level 7 out 10
    yesterday i was in pain but today they feel alot better,
    i think it must have something to do with the hgh, then when i added arimidex the pain got worse.
    do you think my joint pain will improve if i carry on taking hgh or get worse?
    am starting week 4 of my deca and test cycle, i heard that deca helps with joint pain if so that should start kicking soon.
    just been reading on the side effects of hgh. if you take to much or increase your dose to quick it can coarse these side effects
    aching and stiff joints
    swollon hands and feet
    water retention
    pins n needles in hands
    i have all of the above sides, shall i drop the dose back down to 2ius then increase the dose slowly like 1iu a week?
    or shall i carry on doing 6ius a day and hope my sides will improve?

Ronnie thanks alot, cheers for your advice.
    Yes, I feel it's the GH causing your problem. Deca should certainly help with joint pain. I would recommend dropping the GH back to only 2 ius per day and continue staying off the arimidex. Give the deca 3-4 weeks to kick in and then you can start adding 1iu of GH every week and see how you respond. If you start experiencing more pain then back off the GH. Some people cannot tolerate more than 2ius of GH per day. You may be one of those people!

GOOD LUCK!

cheers Ronnie, ill take your advise and see how it goes.

please explain how you gain... during 2 week deload...is this a 10 week cycle total???

Blog Entries
    cheers Ronnie, ill take your advise and see how it goes.
    Please keep us updated!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    please explain how you gain... during 2 week deload...is this a 10 week cycle total???
    Slingshot Training should be looked at as a 10 week anabolic blast cycle! This 10 week anabolic blast is comprised of 8 weeks of reloading and 2 weeks of deloading. The majority of gains are generally made during weeks 4-8 (reload) while gains are finalized during weeks 8-10 (deload).

It's common for some people to feel they make more gains during the short deload (weeks 8-10). This has to do with them hitting a second growth spurt when they decrease training volume from weeks 8-10.

mayan_king is offline New Member
    Hi Ronnie Rowland. THanks for the information.
    I want to make my second cycle.. i did the begginer cycle
    Dbol and Test enanth,
    My last cycle a guy stallion helped me. but i couldnt find his account.

I want to do a test with deca 8 weeks like you put in this ...
    can you help me a little i have something like this

1-8 Weeks 500 mg Test Enanth
    1-8 Weeks 400 mg Deca

i start my pct 1 week after my last injection.
    PCT
    1 Week 40mg clomid 20 mg nolva
    2-4 week 20 mg clomid 20mg nolvadex .

Can you just help me finishing this =S
    and give me some advice maybe add something else.
    Thanx man.

mayan_king is offline New Member

can you give me a tip for another testosterone

i want some tips for choosing test. the enanthate
    give me alot of nipple problems the last time. in 2 days my nipples started hurting alot maybe i should try other one. Help Please.

chrisx is offline New Member

Will be my 1st Cycle, What should I do?

Ronnie, I would greatly appreciate your help and advice.

I am 22yrs old, 5'8, 153pds, and have 16% body fat. I have been working out for the past 3 and a half yrs, the past 2 very consistently (working out each body part ATLEAST once a week).

The reason I am on these forums is that I want to get to 190 pds (for football), in about 6 months. A friend of mine just introduced me to steroids about 2 weeks ago, and he recommended I do a cycle of Test and Decca, for 12 weeks. THEN I get to these forums, and yall's recommended novice cycle consist of Test and Dbol . THEN, I read your forum! (Which I told my friend about, and he said to NOT cycle for 8 weeks on/ 2 weeks off.) He recommended if I cycle for 8 weeks, then I should be off for 8 weeks.

Ronnie, I'm kind of confused. With your knowledge, can you once and for all recommend the best cycle for me, considering it will be my first, with the info. you have on me and my history. (I also have a pic of myself I can show you so you can see where I'm at right now physically, I just first have to find out how to post it.)

Ronnie your help will be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mayan_king View Post
    Hi Ronnie Rowland. THanks for the information.
    I want to make my second cycle.. i did the begginer cycle
    Dbol and Test enanth,
    My last cycle a guy stallion helped me. but i couldnt find his account.

I want to do a test with deca 8 weeks like you put in this ...
    can you help me a little i have something like this

1-8 Weeks 500 mg Test Enanth
    1-8 Weeks 400 mg Deca

i start my pct 1 week after my last injection.
    PCT
    1 Week 40mg clomid 20 mg nolva
    2-4 week 20 mg clomid 20mg nolvadex .

Can you just help me finishing this =S
    and give me some advice maybe add something else.
    Thanx man.
    If you are going to take some time off after your cycle it would be good to run it as follows:

RELOAD: 1-8 Weeks 500 mg Test Enanth
    RELOAD: 1-8 Weeks 400 mg Deca
    DELOAD: 8-10 Weeks 300 mgs of Test Enanthate

PCT: Weeks 11-14
    hCG at 2500 iu eod for 2 weeks
    clomid at 50 mgs once per day for 4 weeks
    nolva 20 mgs per day for 4 weeks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mayan_king View Post
    i want some tips for choosing test. the enanthate
    give me alot of nipple problems the last time. in 2 days my nipples started hurting alot maybe i should try other one. Help Please.
    Test is test! Changing over to a different type is not going to help.

You may need to add a little arimidex or aromasin for estrogen control if you are prone to gyno. I've seen several people start out with symptoms when they began steroids but once they got adjusted their gyno symptoms went away on their own. I've also seen people who never got over gyno symptoms once they begun. IMO it's better to be safe than sorry since you are already having issues.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Ronnie, I would greatly appreciate your help and advice.

I am 22yrs old, 5'8, 153pds, and have 16% body fat. I have been working out for the past 3 and a half yrs, the past 2 very consistently (working out each body part ATLEAST once a week).

The reason I am on these forums is that I want to get to 190 pds (for football), in about 6 months. A friend of mine just introduced me to steroids about 2 weeks ago, and he recommended I do a cycle of Test and Decca, for 12 weeks. THEN I get to these forums, and yall's recommended novice cycle consist of Test and Dbol . THEN, I read your forum! (Which I told my friend about, and he said to NOT cycle for 8 weeks on/ 2 weeks off.) He recommended if I cycle for 8 weeks, then I should be off for 8 weeks.

Ronnie, I'm kind of confused. With your knowledge, can you once and for all recommend the best cycle for me, considering it will be my first, with the info. you have on me and my history. (I also have a pic of myself I can show you so you can see where I'm at right now physically, I just first have to find out how to post it.)

Ronnie your help will be greatly appreciated!
    Honestly, at 22 years of age you are at a boderline age for using steroids and should not need steroids to hit 190 lbs. Do you understand what I am saying?

Now if you are dead set on using them I might as well help. Anabolic steroids add some temporary water weight but unless you eat more calories you are only going to get harder near your current weight, not shoot up to 190 lbs. I just want to let you know this upfront. Diet and training plays a big role but steroids can help you put on muscular weight faster when you do everything else right.

Your friend is not wrong in what he says. It's okay to do 8 weeks on/8 weeks off. However, it's not optimal for those wanting to make the most gains possible over time. With Slingshot Training you can follow many approaches and at your age 8 weeks on/8 weeks off would be fine but double that will provide better gains before PCT. You would basically be using anabolics to hit your natural genetic potential faster then trying to hold onto the gains during the 8 weeks off period.

I do not recommend 12 weeks of using the same dosages because for most gains stop around 8 weeks. Gains can be made for an additional 2 weeks during the deload.

For a first time cycle you would only need 500 mgs of test per week. D-bol and deca are not needed.

Any more questions? I'll be glad to help and if it were me I would gain more size before touching steroids.

1st cycle

How long should I do the 500mg of Test cycle for?

And when I'm done with that, how long should I wait to do the next cycle and What should that cycle consist of?

And I appreciate your help!

TODouble2 is offline Associate Member
    hey ronnie,

i want to give this a try but i also dont want to hinder my chances of recovery either. so how many times do you think i should run through this reload/deload before taking time off?

if i did it twice, that would be 20 weeks altogether. During the two week deloads, do you really consider that time off? Since i want to run a long ester like Cyp, it seems like i'll be ON for 20 weeks!

weeks 1-8 reload AAS
    weeks 9-10 deload (since i plan on running a full PCT after week 20, should i run it also here? or just cruise?)
    weeks 11-18 reload AAS
    weeks 19-20 deload start PCT

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    If you are going to take some time off after your cycle it would be good to run it as follows:

RELOAD: 1-8 Weeks 500 mg Test Enanth
    RELOAD: 1-8 Weeks 400 mg Deca
    DELOAD: 8-10 Weeks 300 mgs of Test Enanthate

PCT: Weeks 11-14
    hCG at 2500 iu eod for 2 weeks
    clomid at 50 mgs once per day for 4 weeks
    nolva 20 mgs per day for 4 weeks
    Wouldn't that cause an istologic decay which may lead to a malignant tumour?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Wouldn't that cause an istologic decay which may lead to a malignant tumour?
    The PCT I handed out was actually developed by doctors for people who where in need of full recovery after using steroids . You can do a search on Dr. Michael Scally and find where he has been successful using this approach.

I would not use such an aggressive approach on a frequent basis but it's proven to work-hence maintain your gains as much as possible and that's what people are after.

Blog Entries
    How long should I do the 500mg of Test cycle for? 1-8 WEEKS
    And when I'm done with that, how long should I wait to do the next cycle GO STRAIGHT INTO SECOND PHASE and What should that cycle consist of TEST/DECA?

And I appreciate your help!
    PHASE 1:
    RELOAD: Weeks 1-8 Test Enanthate 500 mgs
    DELOAD: Weeks 9-10 Test Enathate 250 mgs

PHASE 2:
    RELOAD: Weeks 11-18 Test Enanthate 500 mgs and Deca 400 mgs
    DELOAD: Weeks 19-20 Test Enathate 250 mgs
    PCT: Weeks 21-23

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TODouble2 View Post
    hey ronnie,

i want to give this a try but i also dont want to hinder my chances of recovery either. so how many times do you think i should run through this reload/deload before taking time off? TWICE...I WOULD DO 2-10 WEEK PHASES THEN PCT

if i did it twice, that would be 20 weeks altogether. YES During the two week deloads, do you really consider that time off? NO Since i want to run a long ester like Cyp, it seems like i'll be ON for 20 weeks! YES!

weeks 1-8 reload AAS
    weeks 9-10 deload (since i plan on running a full PCT after week 20, should i run it also here? or just cruise?) YOU WOULD CRUISE
    weeks 11-18 reload AAS
    weeks 19-20 deload start PCT YOU COULD START PCT DURING 2ND DELOAD BUT IT'S BEST TO WAIT AFTERWARDS
    Answers above in bold.

Thanks Ron, you da man!

I hope your still here when I'm ready for my 3rd cycle!

Ron just curious why do you suggest Deca instead of Dbol ?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ron, you da man!

I hope your still here when I'm ready for my 3rd cycle!
    I'll be here!

Blog Entries
    Ron just curious why do you suggest Deca instead of Dbol?
    I feel deca is much milder and has fewer side effects. Deca is liver friendly where as d-bol is not. Deca will not raise blood pressure like d-bol and deca will help lube your joints. Some feel very lethargic on d-bol and can barely function. About the only thing you will have to worry about with deca is your sex drive and you can always gets some prami or caber to help fix that if it becomes a problem.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    The PCT I handed out was actually developed by docotors for people who where in need of full recovery after using steroids . You can do a search on Dr. Michael Scally and find where he has been successful using this approach.

I would not use such an aggressive approach on a frequent basis but it's proven to work-hence maintain your gains as much as possible and that's what people are after.
    Thank you for the explanation.

Critical Mass is offline Senior Member
    PHASE 1:
    RELOAD: Weeks 1-8 Test Enanthate 500 mgs
    DELOAD: Weeks 9-10 Test Enathate 250 mgs

PHASE 2:
    RELOAD: Weeks 11-18 Test Enanthate 500 mgs and Deca 400 mgs
    DELOAD: Weeks 19-20 Test Enathate 250 mgs
    PCT: Weeks 21-23
    NICE! This is possibly my nexy cycle oh yaa.

Rocket man is offline New Member
    hey guys. i just wanted to know if you guys could help me out here.
    i want to go on a deca and d bol course.. must i take the deca while i am on my d bol course? how many mg do you suggest i take of the deca per day or week and when should i take it throughout the week?

i have 10mg d bol tabs but how many should i take on my off days and do you guys think taking my tabs in the pyrimid method is a good way or could you suggest me any better ways of taking them.

i am thinking of going on a 4-5 week d bol course but i just need to know if i must take my deca during those weeks aswell??

do you guys think i should do dbol and deca or would d bol and sus give me better results??

thanx guys.
    Last edited by Rocket man; 10-28-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Thumbs up Freakin awesome

Ronnie..just want to say thanks so much..this thread contains the most usable knowledge on the net...woo hoo...~~~~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    i just wanted to know if you could help me out here.
    I want to go on a deca and d bol course.. Must i take the deca while i am on my d bol course? no how many mg do you suggest i take of the deca per day or week and when should i take it throughout the week? 400 mgs split into two weekly injections
    i have 10mg d bol tabs but how many should i
    on my off days and do you guys think taking my tabs in the pyrimid method is a good way or could you suggest me any better ways of taking them. use the same dosage every day
    i am thinking of going on a 4-5 week d bol course but i just need to know if i must take my deca during those weeks aswell??no

do you guys think i should do dbol and deca or would d bol and sus give me better results?? I would not recommend running d-bol or deca without test.

Thanx guys.
    answers above.

Blog Entries
    Ronnie..just want to say thanks so much..this thread contains the most usable knowledge on the net...woo hoo...~~~~
    I truly appreciate the kind words VINCE. I am glad to be of help.

ronnie...when someone is ectomorph.... and struggles to gain weight...do they still keep carbs and fats separated during a reload??

Blog Entries

Wink

ronnie...when someone is ectomorph.... and struggles to gain weight...do they still keep carbs and fats separated during a reload??
    No! In order to gain muscle weight some must combine large quantities of fats and carbs in almost every meal if not all meals.

No! In order to gain muscle weight some must combine large quantities of fats and carbs in almost every meal if not all meals.
    alrighty then.....now we are cooking with gas..

2 guys at the gym cannot gain weight...they have asked me to ask you what to do...would they still need 1.5 or 2 grams of protein.. lb of bw..???

just want to say one more time......thanks for all the help!!!!you have helped me more than you'll ever know...my gains have never been this good in the past and that goes for when i was just starting out.....

TODouble2 is offline Associate Member
    Answers above in bold.
    thanks ronnie! i'll definetely give this a go

Blog Entries
    alrighty then.....now we are cooking with gas..

2 guys at the gym cannot gain weight...they have asked me to ask you what to do...would they still need 1.5 or 2 grams of protein.. lb of bw..???

just want to say one more time......thanks for all the help!!!!you have helped me more than you'll ever know...my gains have never been this good in the past and that goes for when i was just starting out.....
    It's great to hear you are making the best progress of your life using the Slingshot approach!

Regarding protein consumption it varies amongst each individual. For some who have trouble gaining weight I would advise reducing protein from 1.5-2 grams per pound of body weight to 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight until gaining weight becomes easier or until they begin gaining adipose tissue (body fat). The reason for doing this is because protein makes you stay full longer. For someone having problems gaining weight they may not be able to eat enough carbs/fats in order to put on weight if they are consuming a ton of protein.

Note: If they begin gaining too much adipose tissue then they will have no choice but to increase protein while reducing carbs.

when deloading is it okay to use high reps to pump muscle.... and give joints a break instead ofg low reps???

when deloading... is it best to keep both test... and deca .... in cycle or.... only test?

Blog Entries
    when deloading is it okay to use high reps to pump muscle.... and give joints a break instead ofg low reps???
    Absolutely!

Thread Information