Page 7 of 138 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

does high protein intake...reload...cause acidic body chemistry???

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Please Read!

I see a lot of repetitive questions in the training section and in the anabolic steroid section. What do you think is the #1 mistake I have witnessed by both natural bodybuilder's and drug enhanced bodybuilder's in my 24 years as a trainer? I bet you thought I was going to say over-training, diet or taking the wrong kinds of drugs didn't you? While those can be problems, the biggest mistake being made by many (and this applies to people on this board) is improper exercise form. Ever noticed how many people on the net are always getting injured? They get shoulder pain, elbow pain, knee pain, and the list goes on and on! And it can be even worse for steroid users because they get stronger faster.

If you train with the right form you will rarely, if ever get an injury that will put you on the sidelines. If you are always striving to beat a log book you should resort to power-lifting, not bodybuilding. Bodybuilding and powerlifting are two different sports. I think many people tend to not understand this. I see them asking how to bring up lagging body part when the answer is simple-use better form!

A true bodybuilder goes to the gym to work his muscle, not lift a certain amount of weight. Sure, you will get stronger to a point as you progress but feeling the muscles stretch, squeeze and contract while using no momentum is what builds the most muscle size and keeps you injury free. In fact, as you progress your goal should be to keep improving your mind muscle link which can mean reducing the weight load. I realize some people just never learn and they are not secure enough within themselves to let someone else lift more weight than them on a particular exercise even if it means throwing the weight. For those who are still searching for how to gain maximum size without dealing with nasty injuries you will want to take this all in. You've got to quit worrying about what others think and start worrying about your own self if you want to keep training for years without having to deal with all sorts of chronic injuries down the road. I steer clear of people who are always bragging about how much they lift. I say who cares unless you are powerlifting! I am never impressed when a bodybuilder comes up to me and says I did 315 for 6 reps on the bench today. What does impress me is when I hear someone say they got a good pump on chest by using perfect form.

Strength is mostly determined by genetics not training routines. And you can take all the steroids you want and never be as strong and many guys who are all natural because they have thicker tendons, etc. Some people are just very strong while others are not so strong. Sometimes it's the big guys who aren't that strong and sometimes it is the big guys who are very strong. Either way you must go to the gym with the attitude I am really going to feel my muscles working today, not with the attitude I am going to lift more weight or get another rep if it kills me. That's a stupid way to train because it causes certain injury over-time and you will not develop the muscles to your ut-most potential.

Most people fail to max out their genetics because they use momentum to lift the weight. When momentum is used the ancillary muscle can do more of the actual work than the targeted muscle group. It's an ego thing and has no part in bodybuilding.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    I see a lot of repetitive questions in the training section and in the anabolic steroid section. What do you think is the #1 mistake I have witnessed by both natural bodybuilder's and drug enhanced bodybuilder's in my 24 years as a trainer? I bet you thought I was going to say over-training, diet or taking the wrong kinds of drugs didn't you? While those can be problems, the biggest mistake being made by many (and this applies to people on this board) is improper exercise form. Ever noticed how many people on the net are always getting injured? They get shoulder pain, elbow pain, knee pain, and the list goes on and on! And it can be even worse for steroid users because they get stronger faster.

If you train with the right form you will rarely, if ever get an injury that will put you on the sidelines. If you are always striving to beat a log book you should resort to power-lifting, not bodybuilding. Bodybuilding and powerlifting are two different sports. I think many people tend to not understand this. I see them asking how to bring up lagging body part when the answer is simple-use better form!

A true bodybuilder goes to the gym to work his muscle, not lift a certain amount of weight. Sure, you will get stronger to a point as you progress but feeling the muscles stretch, squeeze and contract while using no momentum is what builds the most muscle size and keeps you injury free. In fact, as you progress your goal should be to keep improving your mind muscle link which can mean reducing the weight load. I realize some people just never learn and they are not secure enough within themselves to let someone else lift more weight than them on a particular exercise even if it means throwing the weight. For those who are still searching for how to gain maximum size without dealing with nasty injuries you will want to take this all in. You've got to quit worrying about what others think and start worrying about your own self if you want to keep training for years without having to deal with all sorts of chronic injuries down the road. I steer clear of people who are always bragging about how much they lift. I say who cares unless you are powerlifting! I am never impressed when a bodybuilder comes up to me and says I did 315 for 6 reps on the bench today. What does impress me is when I hear someone say they got a good pump on chest by using perfect form.

Strength is mostly determined by genetics not training routines. And you can take all the steroids you want and never be as strong and many guys who are all natural because they have thicker tendons, etc. Some people are just very strong while others are not so strong. Sometimes it's the big guys who aren't that strong and sometimes it is the big guys who are very strong. Either way you must go to the gym with the attitude I am really going to feel my muscles working today, not with the attitude I am going to lift more weight or get another rep if it kills me. That's a stupid way to train because it causes certain injury over-time and you will not develop the muscles to your ut-most potential.

Most people fail to max out their genetics because they use momentum to lift the weight. When momentum is used the ancillary muscle can do more of the actual work than the targeted muscle group. It's an ego thing and has no part in bodybuilding.
    Great verities (bold).
    I agree with you.
    Nice post indeed.

thank you!! amazing post brother....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    does high protein intake...reload...cause acidic body chemistry???
    Yes it does. By lowering protein intake during a deload you lower acidic ph in the body. This is important because having a high acidic ph lowers muscle mass. As I have stated before, acidosis promotes protein breakdown-hence leading to nitrogen elimination not nitrogen retention that we want to build muscle mass..

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Ronnie, i have been on test prop 600mgs a week, tren A 6oomgs a week.... put on 20 lbs of muscle in 17 weeks... i have been at a platue with weight and strenght and growth.... from what you have stated i would need to cut protine and aas back to minimums for two weeks then back at it again - correct?

note: as of late i have added 200 mgs of winny to the mix and t3/t4 i have lost 2 lbs, and have gotten very ripped- i cut cals from 4000 to 3000... and have not added in any cardio(zero cardio)

what else do you need to know and what would you suggest?

thanks bro!!!

as soon as you get the book ready and any vids let me know i have numerous ppl ready to buy

Yes it does. By lowering protein intake during a deload you lower acidic ph in the body. This is important because having a high acidic ph lowers muscle mass. As I have stated before, acidosis promotes protein breakdown-hence leading to nitrogen elimination not nitrogen retention that we want to build muscle mass..
    Ahh.....slingshot method....coming together for me now...why didn't someone think of this earlier??!!

caliarmy is offline New Member
    I've been training for about one year now 6 months at home 6 months in the military and I am looking to bump muscle mass gains. I am currently 20 years old, 160 pounds and 5'11". We run so much here on base that it is hard to gain weight. Our workouts here contain mainly push ups and other high rep exrcises. I have never taken steroids before but I am looking around to see what would be best. I currently have both protein and creatine supplements. What would you recommend and at what dosages for a decent cycle? I have set a goal of 180 pounds by march. Hard work is nothing new to me ever since I joined the service Im just looking for either oral or injectable steroids. Whats good oral or injectable. Thanks

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by ricky23; 11-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    ronnie, i have been on test prop 600mgs a week, tren a 6oomgs a week.... Put on 20 lbs of muscle in 17 weeks... I have been at a platue with weight and strenght and growth.... From what you have stated i would need to cut protine and aas back to minimums for two weeks then back at it again - correct? yes!

note: As of late i have added 200 mgs of winny to the mix and t3/t4 i have lost 2 lbs, and have gotten very ripped- i cut cals from 4000 to 3000... And have not added in any cardio(zero cardio)

what else do you need to know and what would you suggest? how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh? Also, how many work sets set are you doing during 8 week reloads for major body parts?
    thanks bro!!!

As soon as you get the book ready and any vids let me know i have numerous ppl ready to buy sounds good!
    answers above in bold

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by caliarmy View Post
    I've been training for about one year now 6 months at home 6 months in the military and I am looking to bump muscle mass gains. I am currently 20 years old, 160 pounds and 5'11". We run so much here on base that it is hard to gain weight. Our workouts here contain mainly push ups and other high rep exrcises. I have never taken steroids before but I am looking around to see what would be best. I currently have both protein and creatine supplements. What would you recommend and at what dosages for a decent cycle? I have set a goal of 180 pounds by march. Hard work is nothing new to me ever since I joined the service Im just looking for either oral or injectable steroids. Whats good oral or injectable. Thanks
    I'd rather see you wait at least another year to take steroids . In fact, steroids are not going to help you gain a lot of weight if you can't eat more. Gaining weight right now is a chore for me and I am only doing 2-15 minute cardio sessions per week and I am fixing to turn 44 years of age. My point being, hit 180 and then at least year later at age 21 take 500 mgs of test per week for your first cycle. That's my recommendation.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    I'd rather see you wait another year to take steroids. In fact, steroids are not going to help you gain a lot of weight if you can't eat more. Gaining weight right now is a chore for me and I am only doing 2-15 minute cardio sessions per week and I am fixing to turn 44 years of age. My point being, hit 180 and then a year later at age 21 take 500 mgs of test per week for your first cycle. That's my recommendation.
    Why are you advising him to start aas at 21yo?

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    wow, this is a big wake up call for those who train with their egos and not their minds, excellent stuff. ive also seen your youtube video and your physique looks incredible. but could you please clarify steroid use while usin this system. i weigh around 90kg and most of it is muscle i have built naturally. i have never taken roids but i feel the time is right 4 a serious mass cycle, i have researched a ton and am leaning toward trenobol and test but i have also considered dianabol. what would u recommend for the best possible gains. thanks ronnie.
    The majority of people I train in person do not take steroids but they still make their best gains possible with Slingshot Training. There's a good chance you can still make some more gains without having to take steroids at this present time if you follow the Slingshot Training System as outlined.

When gains stop as a natural, testosterone enanthate or cypionate at 500-600 mgs per week is perfect for a first time cycle. Tren and d-bol are for the more advanced. Test makes you feel great where as tren and/or d-bol can make you feel very bad. That's why everyone says test is best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Why are you advising him to start aas at 21yo?
    I'm not. But, if he's dead set on using I am suggesting he wait at least another year.

You'll need to ask him why he wants to use at age 20. I have nothing in the matter nor do I have control over what age others decide to use. I can only hand out sound information.

ronnie.....if someone wants to keep balls from turning to raisens on cyle...how much hcg a week????...

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    ronnie's answer - "how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh? Also, how many work sets set are you doing during 8 week reloads for major body parts?"

weight is 253 lbs... would like to get to 280 lbs - bf is 12 % maybe 10 % the pic in my avatar is from 7 - 8 weeks ago - and i was 265lbs in that pic i would say 14-15% bf - since that pic i have added winny at 200 mgs a week t3/t4 at 75 mgs a day... and cut my cals by 1000 - kept the protien up to normal

work sets during 8 week reloads:
    day one = chest = 2 warm up... 4 flat, 3 decline, 2 incline, 3 cable = 12 sets
    day two = back = 1 warm up... 3 pull ups, 4 bent over rows, 2 dumb bell rows, 3 hammer pull down, 2-3 seated row. = 14 sets
    day three = shoulders = 1 warm up... 3 behind the neck presses, 3 standing presses (no bouncing), 3 shoulder extentions hammer, 3 rotor cuff raises, (maybe side laterals 3 sets if im at that gym that has the equipment i like) = 12 sets
    day 4 = legs = 3 squats, 3 hack, 3 leg press, 2 leg extention, 4 ham strings. = 15 sets
    day 5 = bies 9 sets, tries 9 sets
    day 6 = traps, rear delts and dead lifts = front shrug 4 sets, 3 rear shrugs, 3 seated row shrugs, 3 -45 degree shrugs front. = traps 13 sets,
    rear delts = 9 sets
    deads = 4 - 5 sets one warn up

if a day get blow off it is legs... happens 1x a month

Blog Entries
    ronnie.....if someone wants to keep balls from turning to raisens on cyle...how much hcg a week????...
    250IU every 3rd or 4th day (twice per week) during entire cycle. Totals 500iu per week.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    ronnie's answer - "how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh? Also, how many work sets set are you doing during 8 week reloads for major body parts?"

weight is 253 lbs... would like to get to 280 lbs - bf is 12 % maybe 10 % the pic in my avatar is from 7 - 8 weeks ago - and i was 265lbs in that pic i would say 14-15% bf - since that pic i have added winny at 200 mgs a week t3/t4 at 75 mgs a day... and cut my cals by 1000 - kept the protien up to normal

work sets during 8 week reloads:
    day one = chest = 2 warm up... 4 flat, 3 decline, 2 incline, 3 cable = 12 sets
    day two = back = 1 warm up... 3 pull ups, 4 bent over rows, 2 dumb bell rows, 3 hammer pull down, 2-3 seated row. = 14 sets
    day three = shoulders = 1 warm up... 3 behind the neck presses, 3 standing presses (no bouncing), 3 shoulder extentions hammer, 3 rotor cuff raises, (maybe side laterals 3 sets if im at that gym that has the equipment i like) = 12 sets
    day 4 = legs = 3 squats, 3 hack, 3 leg press, 2 leg extention, 4 ham strings. = 15 sets
    day 5 = bies 9 sets, tries 9 sets
    day 6 = traps, rear delts and dead lifts = front shrug 4 sets, 3 rear shrugs, 3 seated row shrugs, 3 -45 degree shrugs front. = traps 13 sets,
    rear delts = 9 sets
    deads = 4 - 5 sets one warn up

if a day get blow off it is legs... happens 1x a month
    Your workout looks good!

I would not use t3/t4 until you go into a lengthy cutting cycle. 75 mgs of t-3 could cause possible muscle loss without using Growth Hormone .

For more size I would increase testosterone to 1 gram per week along with the tren . Use test enanthate version since it's less painful. For even more size you could add 50 mgs of oral d-bol ed or 50 mgs of the injectable version eod. Try adding 750 cals to your diet by way of healthy fats such as olive oil.

Your workout looks good!

I would not use t3/t4 until you go into a lengthy cutting cycle. 75 mgs of t-3 could cause possible muscle loss without using Growth Hormone .

For more size I would increase testosterone to 1 gram per week along with the tren. Use test enanthate version since it's less painful. For even more size you could add 50 mgs of oral d-bol ed or 50 mgs of the injectable version eod. Try adding 750 cals to your diet by way of healthy fats such as olive oil.
    thanks ronnie - !!!

exactly what is best exercise cadence???

I'm all about taking HCG , I've taken it for my past 2 cycles and i hear people say it is painless... For me it's so painful i usually have to get my girlfriend to do it. It feels like i'm injecting little razor blades, Why is that? I tried injecting into the muscle and fat, both hurt just as bad.

does arimidex .....increase testosterone production....... when taking steroids ....if 100% natural??????

biggerguns is offline Associate Member
    does arimidex.....increase testosterone production....... when taking steroids....if 100% natural??????
    Dont understand your question. Taking steroids ..100% natural??

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    hi ronnie, sorry to bother u again - I have a sustanon -deca -dianabol stack and would really appreciate some advice on how to cycle it. A little info about me- i weigh around 90kg with low bf. my bench is 130kg - deadlift is 200kg and i consume between 200-300g of protein daily along with the same amount of carbs and lots of healthy fats. I am currently using your slingshot program. I was thinking of taking 750mg of sustanon, 400-500mg deca, 60mg dianabol a week but im not sure if this is too little or too much. also, I have heard conflicting views regarding the length of the cycle - some claim that the first cycle should be the longest, recommending 12 weeks whereas some recommend up to 24 weeks of cycling! your info about the 8 week cycle seems to make the most sense and is logical when considering the workout. your advice would really be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Exclamation

I am tied down with work right now. I will get to all pms and questions in this thread ASP. Thank you for your understanding!

J_SHOCK89 is offline Junior Member
    Hi I am just looking for some freindly advice, I just came off a ten week cycle last week and I was planning to start runing mt pct accordingly. But I won a trip to cancun and it's in 8 weeks from now so I plan on taking another week off than hopping on another one. I usually woouldnt do something like this but since I have never been to cancun I wanna be diced and have a sick time, cus I dont plan on going back. What I was running was 1000mg a week of a test blend, anadrol 50 mg ED and EQ 600mg a week I have almost ten cycles under my belt if your wondering why the dosages are so high and I am also 280 pounds.

Now what I am uncertain of is waht should I run and and waht dosage I have some tren E and another couple bottles of this test 400, by edited. Which by the way is the best lab I have used yet, and I was thinking since I was just running 1000 mg a week of test would it be better for me to take 3 shots a week of the t 400 and 3 of the tren e with a bit of winnny, and prop at the end. I only have seven weeks thats why I am shooting it 3 times a week it fits perfect with my time frame. Or I was thinking that maybe since I took a two week break It wouldnt matter and i could get away with running 600mg a week of the test and 300 a week of the tren e. Any thoughts and should I also runn HCG through the whole 7 weeks considering I was just on a ten week cycle

sorry for this random post but no one has replied to my thread and I need to know asap thanks guys

ronnie...low reps... or... high reps.... best for deloads???

JiffyPop is offline New Member
    Your the man Ronnie!!!
    one of the best posts ive ever read

Im still useing OTC, i'm thinking 8 on 2 off w/ all orals might be too harsh
    any ideas till i man up and start pinning?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicedupmonkey View Post
    I'm all about taking HCG, I've taken it for my past 2 cycles and i hear people say it is painless... For me it's so painful i usually have to get my girlfriend to do it. It feels like i'm injecting little razor blades, Why is that? I tried injecting into the muscle and fat, both hurt just as bad.
    It's just the nature of hcg . Anything cold hurts worse as well so let it warm up some before injecting.

Blog Entries
    does arimidex.....increase testosterone production....... when taking steroids....if 100% natural??????
    I have not seen any evidence that taking arimidex increases natural testosterone production whether on steroids or not. I know what you are asking and the answer is no.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j_shock89 View Post
    hi i am just looking for some freindly advice, i just came off a ten week cycle last week and i was planning to start runing mt pct accordingly. But i won a trip to cancun and it's in 8 weeks from now so i plan on taking another week off than hopping on another one. I usually woouldnt do something like this but since i have never been to cancun i wanna be diced and have a sick time, cus i dont plan on going back. What i was running was 1000mg a week of a test blend, anadrol 50 mg ed and eq 600mg a week i have almost ten cycles under my belt if your wondering why the dosages are so high and i am also 280 pounds. Weight does not dictate how much you need but past cycles and your response to anabolics would. Everyone responds differently to various drugs, combinations and dosages.

Now what i am uncertain of is waht should i run and and waht dosage i have some tren e and another couple bottles of this test 400, by edited. Which by the way is the best lab i have used yet, and i was thinking since i was just running 1000 mg a week of test would it be better for me to take 3 shots a week of the t 400 and 3 of the tren e with a bit of winnny, and prop at the end. I only have seven weeks thats why i am shooting it 3 times a week it fits perfect with my time frame. Or i was thinking that maybe since i took a two week break it wouldnt matter and i could get away with running 600mg a week of the test and 300 a week of the tren e. Any thoughts and should i also runn hcg through the whole 7 weeks considering i was just on a ten week cycle since you are wanting to look good and not hold a bunch of water i would go with 600 mgs of test and 300 mgs of tren per week to gain that hard look when used with proper diet and/or cardio. You do not have to run hcg through entire 7 weeks. Wait until you come off and do a full pct. Hcg increases estrogen-hence increasing your chance for gyno when combined with aromatizing steroids.
    Sorry for this random post but no one has replied to my thread and i need to know asap thanks guys
    answers above.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vascular vince View Post
    ronnie...low reps... Or... High reps.... Best for deloads???
    high reps in order to help decrease myostatin levels!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyPop View Post
    Your the man Ronnie!!!
    one of the best posts ive ever read

Im still useing OTC, i'm thinking 8 on 2 off w/ all orals might be too harsh
    any ideas till i man up and start pinning?
    I think the dangers of oral steroids have been a bit exxagerated over the years due to misconceptions. One option for you would be to rotate a milder oral like var with a harsher oral like d-bol every other 8 week reload.

The bottom line is that injectable testosterone is the best and safest drug. I think you can have some success with orals only but why not use small needles (less painful) and be safer while getting better results?
    You could get by with injecting test only once a week if need be.

Blog Entries
    exactly what is best exercise cadence???
    Honestly, there's no set cadence as it can vary among exercises. The best way to tell when you are using good form is to reduce the weight load some and take all momentum out of the equation. It's one of the hardest things for some people to do but I've never had any complaints from anyone once they employed stricter form.

It makes weight training enjoyable again, especially for those who keep getting set back with injuries.

high reps in order to help decrease myostatin levels!
    Low reps.....increase myosatin???

Blog Entries
    Low reps.....increase myosatin???
    Yes, that's what I am saying. Also, steroids /pro-hormones increase myostatin levels (a protein which hinders muscle growth)-hence the need to increase reps while simultaneously reducing anabolics to allow myostatin levels to normalize so further gains can be made.

duck095 is offline New Member
    im just starting out what is a good cycle to begin with test

DS21 is offline Member
    Hi Ronnie,

I just finishing up 20 total weeks of your system. My last 8 week reload consisted of 500mg prop and 350 tren (I can't tolerate high doses of tren) and didn't gain much. My first 8 weeks were fine, I gained about 5 lean pounds, running 500mg of prop and 600mg npp. Do you think I need to up the dose on the test if I do another 8 week reload?

My diet consist of 50 grams protein and 50 grams of carbs for each of my first 7 meals and then a 30 gram protien shake before bed, for meal 8. I can give you the exact foods and weight if needed?

My stats are: 5'10", 235lbs and just over 15% bf.

My goal is: 250lb same BF is okay for now. I tend to grow better with a little bit higher BF%. The end goal is 240-250lb with 10%BF.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by duck095 View Post
    im just starting out what is a good cycle to begin with test
    500 mgs of test enanthate or cypionate per week divided into two weekly injections.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DS21 View Post
    Hi Ronnie,

I just finishing up 20 total weeks of your system. My last 8 week reload consisted of 500mg prop and 350 tren (I can't tolerate high doses of tren) and didn't gain much. My first 8 weeks were fine, I gained about 5 lean pounds, running 500mg of prop and 600mg npp. Do you think I need to up the dose on the test if I do another 8 week reload? YES!

My diet consist of 50 grams protein and 50 grams of carbs for each of my first 7 meals and then a 30 gram protien shake before bed, for meal 8. I can give you the exact foods and weight if needed? I do not need weight but I can look at your diet lay out and tell you what I think.

My stats are: 5'10", 235lbs and just over 15% bf.

My goal is: 250lb same BF is okay for now. I tend to grow better with a little bit higher BF%. The end goal is 240-250lb with 10%BF.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
    Let me see your diet and training routine. Increase test to 1 gram next reload and I would go with enanthate or cypionate as it's less painful.

Some do better on tren enanthate as opposed to tren acetate so that's something to consider. You might try adding d-bol in the future if you stay with test/deca combo.

Thread Information