Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 40 times

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i do what greg blue and hawk did comming out of the blocks. i stumble out almost.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    i have done that and the only reason i do it is so i am really low and can have all my weight on that hand. i almost fall on my face when i lean on my hand that much comming out of the blocks.

see good track coaches tell u not to lean over too much bc u want to have pressure againist the block so u can push off with power, if u have all ur weight on ur hands u dont have any to push off. does that make sense. i played around with it not sure how much i like it

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    see good track coaches tell u not to lean over too much bc u want to have pressure againist the block so u can push off with power, if u have all ur weight on ur hands u dont have any to push off. does that make sense. i played around with it not sure how much i like it
    yea i definately know what you are saying. a kid i used to train with who is decent in the 200 and goes to princeton always said weight on hand. i go back and forth with my stances all the time and it really is hard for me to find the right one bc 1. i am not getting timed and 2. my body is ****ed and it takes me a few starts to get warm

yea i definately know what you are saying. a kid i used to train with who is decent in the 200 and goes to princeton always said weight on hand. i go back and forth with my stances all the time and it really is hard for me to find the right one bc 1. i am not getting timed and 2. my body is ****ed and it takes me a few starts to get warm

its the juice

if someone ask what is top speed how would u explain it

since u been through the process once what changes will u make this time the week before and week of for as training

JJEB2 is offline Member
    its the juice
    i havent been on anything. if anything i could have used it

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if someone ask what is top speed how would u explain it
    i would say speed that is maintained once the acceleration peroid has become constant. i am not a track guy so i tooka stab at it

JJEB2 is offline Member
    since u been through the process once what changes will u make this time the week before and week of for as training
    i would have done my whole set up alot different. i would have steadily increased in volume and then steadily came down the last two weeks and then a constant drop on the last week to go into my combine. it would have been a lot smoother. week before i kept my volume low as i had before. i would keep the workouts lighter than normal. week of depending on when ur combine was going on i would get a heavy bench day on monday and a workout. then a small lift on wed and warm up on wed as well. i would get a massage as i did. i would take in alot of fluids and K. i would rest and stretch.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    its dead now but i just got done with it. not a bad little read. i just dont think you can compare it with a sprinting stance. its a lil different. but the whole concept is good. the analogy of the traingle is very good as well and i have heard to start like that but it takes some work.

what the hell is add to reputation

u look like u had on football cleats on ur 40

JJEB2 is offline Member
    u look like u had on football cleats on ur 40
    nah i had the superfly g5s on. power sprinting spike. i got good traction but idk if i got the dig i wanted on the start. when i use them on the track i get very good push.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    buckeye, i did some of the combine drills that i could on the grass. so i was doing the 45 degree angle drop zone with turning the hips. here is my problem when i plant with my outside leg its almost like it cant handle the impact. hopefully this is making sense to you. i plant and flip my hips but everytime i make a plant i make a divit and then make another divit. i almost bounce twice to turn. it looks really bad i am sure. any ideas how to fix that?

buckeye, i did some of the combine drills that i could on the grass. so i was doing the 45 degree angle drop zone with turning the hips. here is my problem when i plant with my outside leg its almost like it cant handle the impact. hopefully this is making sense to you. i plant and flip my hips but everytime i make a plant i make a divit and then make another divit. i almost bounce twice to turn. it looks really bad i am sure. any ideas how to fix that?
    u may want to have ur position coach to look at it, but u could also continue to work on hip flex and the more u do the drills u will get better.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    u may want to have ur position coach to look at it, but u could also continue to work on hip flex and the more u do the drills u will get better.
    i dont live near my position coach so it is hard. i have my hs coach that could possibly help. i need to round up some local players so i can get one on ones.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    hey do u know anything about nfl europe bc i was looking and have a few front office emails and contact info. you think i should try to market myself or just wait until i attend the RCA?

hey do u know anything about nfl europe bc i was looking and have a few front office emails and contact info. you think i should try to market myself or just wait until i attend the RCA?
    wait after rca, u would do that dec.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    wait after rca, u would do that dec.
    now how would u market someone who can play ball but doesnt have much tape if any at all? is a decent athlete from my combine # and does well in his combine drills. i am undersized by pro standards but i need a catch bc i didnt play bc i moved school to school. none of my schools have it documented why i left the school but i was in trouble at both. what ur thoughts on that?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    call the uncle and get me a tryout haha

now how would u market someone who can play ball but doesnt have much tape if any at all? is a decent athlete from my combine # and does well in his combine drills. i am undersized by pro standards but i need a catch bc i didnt play bc i moved school to school. none of my schools have it documented why i left the school but i was in trouble at both. what ur thoughts on that?

just write all teams asking for chance i could send you a letter format.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    just write all teams asking for chance i could send you a letter format.
    yea if you could do that i would appreciate it greatly

ill send soon

JJEB2 is offline Member
    sounds good bro

JJEB2 is offline Member
    how is ur guys training going buckeye? ur in the home stretch right now.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also my starts were horrible today. idk why i just wasnt feeling it today. i did drills after and i figured out my prob opn my 45 drop. one my feet werent under me enough and two i wasnt dropping my hips enough. so i did alot better today on my drills.

how is ur guys training going buckeye? ur in the home stretch right now.

its going ok, the guys that were running 4.46's indoor on the track since we have been outside it has been hot but kinda windy so they have only been running 4.50's which is making them feel like shit. like today we went through the warmup and they had great 10 and 20 but only 4.5's 40 dont know if they were tired from the warmups etc or what.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    its going ok, the guys that were running 4.46's indoor on the track since we have been outside it has been hot but kinda windy so they have only been running 4.50's which is making them feel like shit. like today we went through the warmup and they had great 10 and 20 but only 4.5's 40 dont know if they were tired from the warmups etc or what.
    yea that can be discouraging. have you worked out on field turf surface yet? bc i would expect about .04 loss from track to field turf as well. i know the feeling with the heat bc today was the first hot day today and its nothing like down there and my workout was hard.

yea that can be discouraging. have you worked out on field turf surface yet? bc i would expect about .04 loss from track to field turf as well. i know the feeling with the heat bc today was the first hot day today and its nothing like down there and my workout was hard.

no, my guys will be running at north texas on a brand new art turf field which is very fast. i promise all my guys will ran a 4.45 or better when its time to run. our warmup and starts or faster/harder then most people workouts, our fastest 10 today was 1.37 and 20 2.48 and after u run 8x10 and 3x20 u cant expect to 4.38 40. all that surface shit doesnt mean shit ur either fast or u r not like my uncle says.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    no, my guys will be running at north texas on a brand new art turf field which is very fast. i promise all my guys will ran a 4.45 or better when its time to run. our warmup and starts or faster/harder then most people workouts, our fastest 10 today was 1.37 and 20 2.48 and after u run 8x10 and 3x20 u cant expect to 4.38 40. all that surface shit doesnt mean shit ur either fast or u r not like my uncle says.
    those are some very good times. i agree to some extent with the surfaces bc if it wasnt a newer surface then there are chances of the feet getting absorbed more than it would say on a newer surface or track.

those are some very good times. i agree to some extent with the surfaces bc if it wasnt a newer surface then there are chances of the feet getting absorbed more than it would say on a newer surface or track.
    here is what the site says: The Fouts Field complex features a new artificial turf football field, which was installed in 1997 and is surrounded by an eight-lane all-weather track, a shot put area in the north end, upgraded lighting, and an athletic complex that houses a weight room, a sports medicine department and a newly refurbished football locker room

here are his time runs from today:

10: 1.37/1.42
    20: 2.58/2.48
    40: 4.54/4.51/4.54/4.54
    shuttles: 4.15/4.10/4.16/3.98

Mon:
    block cleans 6x45 4x60 3x3x75
    speed snatch 6x50 4x65 4x2x70
    paused jsq 5x4x30
    jump squats reset 4x5x40
    db swing 3x6
    gh 3x10
    quasi iso lunge 1x30x30
    core

also what did you do today?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    here is what the site says: The Fouts Field complex features a new artificial turf football field, which was installed in 1997 and is surrounded by an eight-lane all-weather track, a shot put area in the north end, upgraded lighting, and an athletic complex that houses a weight room, a sports medicine department and a newly refurbished football locker room

here are his time runs from today:

10: 1.37/1.42
    20: 2.58/2.48
    40: 4.54/4.51/4.54/4.54
    shuttles: 4.15/4.10/4.16/3.98

Mon:
    block cleans 6x45 4x60 3x3x75
    speed snatch 6x50 4x65 4x2x70
    paused jsq 5x4x30
    jump squats reset 4x5x40
    db swing 3x6
    gh 3x10
    quasi iso lunge 1x30x30
    core

also what did you do today?
    very impressive numbers on his runs.

i did 10 starts. every start was horrible and i noticed i was favoring one leg. i had a huge fall at the combine and landed straight onto my sacrum area/lower back. i stopped after that bc i was making zero progress on my runs. i was disappointed in that. then i did all of the combine drills except the 4 or 5 bag drill bc i didnt have bags. drills went well when i slowed them down and figured out what i was doing wrong.

to top it all off my gym was closed today which i had no clue was going to happen.

this is how the week of will look for his strength work:
    i know u dont like the two bp days but i think its key so he will be able to perform the 225 test well on sat:

Mon:
    hang snatch 3x3x50
    jsq 3x5x65
    bench press 2x1x90 185x10

Wed:
    jsq 3x5xbar
    bench press 2x1x80

JJEB2 is offline Member
    this is how the week of will look for his strength work:
    i know u dont like the two bp days but i think its key so he will be able to perform the 225 test well on sat:

Mon:
    hang snatch 3x3x50
    jsq 3x5x65
    bench press 2x1x90 185x10

Wed:
    jsq 3x5xbar
    bench press 2x1x80
    i dont mind the bench twice a week but it depends on the athlete. it is actually very similar to what i did on my monday prior except i did PP instead of hangs.

i dont mind the bench twice a week but it depends on the athlete. it is actually very similar to what i did on my monday prior except i did PP instead of hangs.

do you think i should go lift and speed on mon, rest on tue, lift and tech work on wed, rest on thur and fri? also im gonna cut the 100rep out this week and just do two rep out sets.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    do you think i should go lift and speed on mon, rest on tue, lift and tech work on wed, rest on thur and fri? also im gonna cut the 100rep out this week and just do two rep out sets.
    yea i would do the layout that you said. lift and speed on monday, then do ur lift and tech work on wed. yea i would def cut the rep work out. did u drop down to 50 last week or stay at 100? i would go heavy on that monday like you said and keep the 80% on wed.

yea i would do the layout that you said. lift and speed on monday, then do ur lift and tech work on wed. yea i would def cut the rep work out. did u drop down to 50 last week or stay at 100? i would go heavy on that monday like you said and keep the 80% on wed.

since the guys were having great results we went seven str weeks during 100reps weeks. this week;

Tue:
    bp 2-1-1-2-1-1
    lockouts 3x2x120
    weight dips 3x5
    rev rows 3x5
    face pulls 15 12 10
    curls 8 6 5

Fri:
    bp workout 225rep 225rep
    circuit:
    front plate raises 1x20
    db tri ext 1x20
    1 arm rows 1x20
    x ham 1x20

let me hear ur prediction what u think my guys will run? also did i tell u one of my guys did a 58-60in box jump last week

JJEB2 is offline Member
    since the guys were having great results we went seven str weeks during 100reps weeks. this week;

Tue:
    bp 2-1-1-2-1-1
    lockouts 3x2x120
    weight dips 3x5
    rev rows 3x5
    face pulls 15 12 10
    curls 8 6 5

Fri:
    bp workout 225rep 225rep
    circuit:
    front plate raises 1x20
    db tri ext 1x20
    1 arm rows 1x20
    x ham 1x20

let me hear ur prediction what u think my guys will run? also did i tell u one of my guys did a 58-60in box jump last week
    the workout looks good bro. the volume is low so thats straight.

i would expect them to do very well. hopefully the field is fast and weather conditions are in check. if that happens then they definatel should be in the 4.4 range. that 10 and 20 is amazing so if he can knock that off on his runs he would hit a 4.38 or so. but i am sure u ran the 10s then 20s and then did the 40s that could have been the reason for 4.54 and if u didnt then u could say its bc he wasnt warm as well.

that jump is very good. lets put it in terms of this i can box jump to a box that comes to a lil under my nipplesand i have a 38" inch vert. so that is only about 50 inches or so. i would expect him with that much explosiveness to hit a 41-42.

i am just hoping that the weather is good for ur guys and that they are ready for scout camps ****ed up way of running shit.

Thread Information