Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Next weekend bro - I wanna stay in line with TB and First. =)
    I thought everyone posts pics on saturdays? what did I miss....?

LoL I have my 35th to go to tomorrow =(
    Your 35th? Happy Birthday! Looking better than ever; remember that.
    Bold

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Bold
    Saturday's, yes - but not EVERY Saturday lol! Every other, and tomorrow is the 'off' week.

Thanks again man. Yep, i'm getting older, but i'll go into my 35th year in the best shape of my life, and this is just the beginning. They haven't seen 'nuthin' yet. I keep thinking in my head... (Jack Nicholson's joker voice in the original Batman movie) "Wait'll they get a load of me..." =)

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    LoL I have my 35th to go to tomorrow =(
    Happy 35th, I wish I could be there and gift you a Mass Building Super Stack(Enanthate , Deca + D-Bol) with a side GH Kit!

I'm thinking of gifting this to myself for Christmas and running it in January after my mild mass cycle I'm currently on.

Gb????

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Happy 35th, I wish I could be there and gift you a Mass Building Super Stack(Enanthate , Deca + D-Bol) with a side GH Kit!

I'm thinking of gifting this to myself for Christmas and running it in January after my mild mass cycle I'm currently on.
    This would be sweet! Hey, there's always next year bro!

Okay, kids, here's my diagnoses, I have stalled out on all my progression and I realized that I haven't adjusted any of my calories based upon the new LBM, so I'm thinking that if I adjust my caloric intake up based upon my new TDEE it should fix the problem. Is this logical thinking???

Also did you read this article in MD, Jan 2011, page 74, Three Meals a Day Best for Weight Loss??

First6 is offline Member
    Okay, kids, here's my diagnoses, I have stalled out on all my progression and I realized that I haven't adjusted any of my calories based upon the new LBM, so I'm thinking that if I adjust my caloric intake up based upon my new TDEE it should fix the problem. Is this logical thinking???
    Yeah sounds right. (kinda falls into the category of "duh" right. LOL - I kid)
    Break up your goals into percentages for me. I forget what you are really trying to achieve. (EX. 60% working toward fat loss/40%working toward muscle gain)
    I always thought you were just going for fat loss but somwhere along the way I think I remember you saying your on cycle.

Okay, kids, here's my diagnoses, I have stalled out on all my progression and I realized that I haven't adjusted any of my calories based upon the new LBM, so I'm thinking that if I adjust my caloric intake up based upon my new TDEE it should fix the problem. Is this logical thinking???[/B]?
    100% yes. As body composition changes, so will your TDEE. It always needs to be re-evaluated and adjusted.

Yeah, it was a "DUH", I knew that, but wanted to share anyway.

I am on cycle, but have been focusing on fat loss. Although I must say, I've always been a believer in more muscle burns fat!

I did chest/triceps tonight and I started a 5x5 routine last week, so it was my second week on the new program, flat bench was 275lbs for my work sets, and I do my last set to failure to see if I need to up my weight and did 7 reps on my last set, I currently weight 187lbs, so I thought this was pretty good, then on to Incline bench 205lbs for my sets and last set was also 7 reps, then incline dumbbell flyes followed by skull crushers, my flyes are just three sets of 11 reps, I did 30lbs, 35lbs and then 40lbs for my work sets and my skull crushers were ez curl bar plus 50lbs on each side so I guess 115-120lbs depending on the weight of the ez curl bar.

I have been experiencing quite a bit of minor cramping during lifting and am wondering how terrible it would be to throw a banana into my diet?

Now you kinda know what's new with me, give me that feedback so I can dial this bad-boy in!

Tbody can you give me the breakdown of how your progress has been so far? I mean, what are you measuring your progress with? I can't find anywhere to comment as I see nothing really posted to comment on. I could post whore like all you guys but.... Well maybe I'll do that a little.

Tbody can you give me the breakdown of how your progress has been so far? I mean, what are you measuring your progress with? I can't find anywhere to comment as I see nothing really posted to comment on. I could post whore like all you guys but.... Well maybe I'll do that a little.
    read post #328, that's still about the most accurate up-to-date info.

The mirror, the belt, the suit, feedback from my wife and from you guys, the guys at the gym, my lifts, people that I see once a week every week with my job, these are all my progress measuring devices.

Newyorkrockstar is offline Associate Member
    read post #328, that's still about the most accurate up-to-date info.

The mirror, the belt, the suit, feedback from my wife and from you guys, the guys at the gym, my lifts, people that I see once a week every week with my job, these are all my progress measuring devices.
    very impressive progress i skimmed thru thread and your killing it, keep it up its all about consistency ... lol btw the suit is a great way to measure progress, literary... my tailer loves me latley lol

I know that's right!

Every week someone says I need to tell my wife to stop washing my shirts in hot water!

Okay, I mis-quoted my own thread. On 9/01/10 I was 31.8% bf, on 10/01/10 I was 22.2% and now you are saying I'm between 15 and 17, so, that means I have lost between 15 and 17 percent bodyfat in three months. My weight has been consistent throughout, so let's just have some mathematical fun, shall we???

185lbs @ 32% bf = 125.8 lbm/59.2 lbs bf - one month later
    185lbs @ 22% bf = 144.3 lbm/40.7 lbs bf 18.5 lbs lbm gain/18.5 lbs of bf lost - two months later
    185lbs @ 17% bf = 153.6 lbm/31.4 lbs bf 9.3 lbs lbm gain/9.3 lbs of bf lost since last check if we use 185lbs @ 15% bf = 157.3 lbm/27.7 lbs bf 10 lbs lbm gain/10 lbs of bf lost

Even if I'm at the higher current bodyfat, let's look at three months results
    27.8 lbs of muscle gained, 27.8 lbs of fat lost.

I understand there are several other factors, water retention, etc.... etc... etc..., but I'll take those results any three months of any year, how about you guys???
    Sick bro 27.8 is great! I would advise you to pick up your cardio game and try to get to a lower bf by the end of this cycle. If weight stays the same, we know muscle mass went up, and therefore the fat loss has to have come down. Let's assume 10lbs is water weight (safe side, probably more like 6), this means the rest is going to be muscle and fat loss mix.
    If you were to hypothetically come off cycle tomorrow, and keep all of your gains from this cycle, all that you would lose would be 10lbs of water. Now this would put you at about 175lbs. Your bf% would go up slightly due to less mass and most of it coming from your muscles, but you would still be 10 lbs down and about half the bf% that you started from.
    I would say end result now would be 175lbs at 17%bf.

PCT is tricky and this is why I said that you should try to lower your bf before the cycle ends; you will want to eat more to preserve the muscle you just gained. Eating more with low levels of testosterone (until it rebounds) is a perfect environment for fat gain. This is why low levels of bf are a good idea.

If you are on trt this is much easier, are you? If so then basically you will be able to keep much of what you end your cycle at.

How long is left in your cycle?

four more weeks of the current cycle. I will run clomid and nolvadex after.

Yeah four more weeks I would start to try to drop bf so you can afford to overeat on your pct. On cycle you will still gain muscle anyway. Just add in some more cardio but up your cals a little too.

Will do, thanks Twist!

Will do, thanks Twist!
    No problem bro. You might look leaner off cycle. Can't tell at this point but time will tell.

Bump for pics!

then & now

10/02/10

12/11/10

then & now

first pic in the series is from 10/2/10 the next is from today 12/11/10, should be a side by side comparison of my progress, the last pic of the five is a shot from today that I don't have a pic from before of that pose, so it's lika a bonus pic. I need bf estimates and critiques please!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old guy making a comeback...-1a.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-1g.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-2a.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-2g.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-9g.jpg  

then & now page 2

again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old guy making a comeback...-3a.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-3g.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-4a.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-4g.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-12g.jpg  

then & now page 3

again, again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old guy making a comeback...-5a.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-5g.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-10022010muscle3.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-6g.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-14g.jpg  

then & now page 3

again, again and again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old guy making a comeback...-7a.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-7g.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-8a.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-8ga.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-10g.jpg  

I would say 15lbs muscle gain and 10lbs fat loss. That's what your ratio looks like to me. Great job Tbody!

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Tbody great job brotha ill have the pics posted up later for you I'm trying to get someone to take mine so i dobt use my phone

I would say 15lbs muscle gain and 10lbs fat loss. That's what your ratio looks like to me. Great job Tbody!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigcwithane View Post
    Tbody great job brotha ill have the pics posted up later for you I'm trying to get some
    one to take mine so i dobt use my phone
    Can't wait!

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn, quads and delts are blowing up. Nice going brother.

Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post
    Damn, quads and delts are blowing up. Nice going brother.
    Thanks brother, gonna get the rest growing too, I hope!

Very very evident LBM gains with fat loss. Just look at the love handles in any of your back poses... night and day. Delts are your best feature IMO - if you can get my delts popping like yours (or at least help me confirm I was born with the fvcking muscle in my body), I'll be forever in your debt.

Wheels are good and thick, just gotta continue cutting bodyfat to get some def. on them. Biggest group needing to be brought up IMO is lats. Welcome to my nightmare.

Overall, great job again, great overall progress TB!

Very very evident LBM gains with fat loss. Just look at the love handles in any of your back poses... night and day. Delts are your best feature IMO - if you can get my delts popping like yours (or at least help me confirm I was born with the fvcking muscle in my body), I'll be forever in your debt.

Wheels are good and thick, just gotta continue cutting bodyfat to get some def. on them. Biggest group needing to be brought up IMO is lats. Welcome to my nightmare.

Overall, great job again, great overall progress TB!
    Thanks, GB, I'm doing 5x5's with back on mondays, so I do deadlifts as my first lift fresh off a rested weekend. I already went from 225lbs for my sets week one to 275lbs week two. I'm hoping this makes my back grow. I still don't like the arms either and have to agree with the shoulders being the dominant bodypart.

No vote on which one to make the new avy? Maybe I'll just do most muscular like you, but I'm too fat to pull that one off.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Delts have really come up big time. Everything looks good. The only lacking area I see (lacking only compared to the rest, not in general) is lat width but from the sound of that deadlift increase, you should be on your way up. Not sure if you're already doing it but a tip I got on here a while back, I wanna say from Twist but I can't recall, is to squeeze your back/traps together at the top of the lift and hold it before going back down. I definitely noticed some mirror changes after a couple weeks. Anyway, I'd still go with double bi/back pose for avi.

Not to mention, you're like me and store that last bit in the form of love-handles and not in the front. You'll look a lot wider when those dissipate soon.

No vote on which one to make the new avy? Maybe I'll just do most muscular like you, but I'm too fat to pull that one off.
    I'll have to give it some thought - but i'd say go with most muscular for now. I'm too fat for it too bro... the way my meaty stomach and loose 'fat boy's skin hangs over. Cropping is your best friend. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    squeeze your back/traps together at the top of the lift and hold it before going back down.
    I've been doing this for a little while now... it thought I 'invented' it but then realized i'm not that brilliant. Anyway, I look at it as sort of a hybrid deadlift/shrug. Not a complete shrug, just a little squeeze.

I'm about to go do it now. Just started my new routine where I do back/tris together and I've been ending the workout with super-det dips/deads. Possibly the greatest thing ever.

All good stuff, boys, thanks as always, for everything!

Deadlifts - Overhand grip (use grips for hold if your hands can't hang; if your hands can hang, then you aren't lifting enough), wide grip, on the way up pull hard with your upper back and lats, at the top squeeze lats and back as if you are trying to pinch a pencil between your middle traps.
    I started posting this after Milos Sarcev pointed it out.

Deadlifts - Overhand grip (use grips for hold if your hands can't hang; if your hands can hang, then you aren't lifting enough), wide grip, on the way up pull hard with your upper back and lats, at the top squeeze lats and back as if you are trying to pinch a pencil between your middle traps.
    I started posting this after Milos Sarcev pointed it out.
    I'll start this tomorrow, thanks, Twist!

First6 is offline Member
    Agree with this. Translates into a great job! keep that going and you will be setting new goals as you surpass your current ones in no time.

Thank's, first, glad to have you back!

Thread Information