Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

^^^^Best avi you've had yet (except the red bikini of course).

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    err...thanks...I don't remember wearing a red bikini?!?!?!!

Of course you don't - chloroform really works!

I wondered why I had the bikini line and wax...Just thought my wife had taken advantage of me again.

Diet was great today, around 1200 cals total. Workout was cut short to pick up a sick kid from school. I did chest and biceps and had a good pump on before I had to leave, so not upset about the workout. Busy weekend planned, but all around home so no fear of failing. I am really wanting to make some great gains fast.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Anymore mods or vets that usually ignore me want to chime in
    Feeling left out ? Not one of the gang? In all honesty your much better off when I ignore you. Self proclaiming your a "Guru" or "Transformation Director" this transformation you have going better turn out pretty damn astonishing. Self proclaiming your knowledge hasnt gotten many far, usually meant they were looking for attention and didnt know nearly as much as they thought. First you should live the lifestyle to show your knowledge and that you can do it yourself....action speak louder then self made up titles.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Feeling left out ? Not one of the gang?nope, gang's all here In all honesty your much better off when I ignore you.okay, lets go back to that then Self proclaiming your a "Guru"not me, this is GB and he has definitely earned the title or "Transformation Director"not me again, I am the originator and director of the Transformation challange and admin personally gave me the title, he even came up with it this transformation you have going better turn out pretty damn astonishing.again, wasn't my transformation, but I'd like to do so as well, thank-you Self proclaiming your knowledge hasnt gotten many far,true usually meant they were looking for attention and didnt know nearly as much as they thought.truer First you should live the lifestyle to show your knowledge and that you can do it yourselfI'll somewhat disagree here, some of the best coaches were poor players and some of the greatest players were terrible coaches....action speak louder then self made up titles.truest
    above in bold

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    you are only taking in 1200 cals? was that your total net cals for the day? just wondering if i am missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    you are only taking in 1200 cals? was that your total net cals for the day? just wondering if i am missing something here?
    Had a tough weekend coming up because of two scheduled social events so I wanted to add a little padding, you know, take a few calories off from friday cause I knew I'd be over-eating sat and sun.

gotcha.

I should have skipped eating altogher for several days I put in 4000 cals a day over the weekend, and half of those from two meals.

trust me, i know the feeling! just makes for a week of hard work!

Diet great today. Workout was incredibly, one good rep on Incline Bench Press with 300lbs!

bmor is offline New Member
    Awesome! Is that a record for you?

Quote Originally Posted by bmor View Post
    Awesome! Is that a record for you?
    No. but haven't put that much up on Incline for awhile, also I have only been back lifting for two weeks after being out for six weeks with vacation and work issues.

damn tbody, 300, way to hit it!

damn tbody, 300, way to hit it!
    On Incline Bench! I bet I get 315 within two weeks, that's what I'm shooting for.

only time i ever got to that weight was when i was powerlifting back in college. and i think that is a reasonable number to reach in two weeks.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    300 in incline is impressive, nice bro!

thanks. I have been focusing on upper chest since I've been back in, I need that thickness.

thanks. I have been focusing on upper chest since I've been back in, I need that thickness.
    Preaching to the choir!!!

I was just looking at the remote trainer challange results and back at the names of contestants who didn't finish. What happened to Damien??? And Bigc???

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    300 in incline is impressive, nice bro!
    I have never even done 300 on a flat bench, ever..Then again it's probably been 10 years since I have benched period.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    You can always hit chest hard.....I use to do 6 major sets for chest. And always low reps with as much weight as possible.
    First year I cycled, my incline dumbbell presses were 60lbs. I couldn't do that for the life of me now...but i remember the looks I would get being only 5'3 and tiny.

Don't forget your back as well.....it'll only support the chest with the illusion of thickness (I've talked about that before).

I don't workout any different than men....minus shrugs and major squats.

Your focus is really tuned in now again M.......~hugs!

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    I have never even done 300 on a flat bench, ever..Then again it's probably been 10 years since I have benched period.
    My left rear shoulder has been very tight on all flat bench lately, no matter the weight or hand placement, no matter cold or warmed up, so I actually do 80% dumbbell work on the flat bench. I did the 100 pounders for 7 good reps as my last set yesterday and that was after all of my Incline Bench workout. The most I've ever done is 375lbs on flat bench and that was 2 weeks before my 40th birthday (almost five years ago now) I really want to switch to a program that is better for me in a bodybuilding perspective, but there is so much information out there. It's funny, I could absolutely help anyone else with a program to accomplish things but can't seem to do the same for myself. Anyone here willing to trade out training???

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    You can always hit chest hard.....I use to do 6 major sets for chest. And always low reps with as much weight as possible.
    First year I cycled, my incline dumbbell presses were 60lbs. I couldn't do that for the life of me now...but i remember the looks I would get being only 5'3 and tiny.

Don't forget your back as well.....it'll only support the chest with the illusion of thickness (I've talked about that before).

I don't workout any different than men....minus shrugs and major squats.

Your focus is really tuned in now again M.......~hugs!
    Babe,

You get looks anywhere and everywhere and not because your tiny and press massive amounts of weight!

FG - what is your 'meat and potatoes' for chest... dumbbell press? Any reason why you don't bench? Just curious.

Sorry for the hijack T.

FG - what is your 'meat and potatoes' for chest... dumbbell press? Any reason why you don't bench? Just curious.

Sorry for the hijack T.
    He's posted about this before. Alot of pro's don't do flat bench, Victor Martinez tore his pec years ago and hasn't done them since, even Jay Cutler(Mr. Olympia himself) doesn't do flat bench.

Blog Entries
    He's posted about this before. Alot of pro's don't do flat bench, Victor Martinez tore his pec years ago and hasn't done them since, even Jay Cutler(Mr. Olympia himself) doesn't do flat bench.
    i rarely do flat bench barbell anymore cus of shoulder issues ive developed over the years so if i do them its always dumbell cus i can always position them in a way that works for my shoulders...incline barbell dosent bother me as much for whatever reason...getting older sucks but you just learn to work around things and still get a great workout....

I aware of this, i'm curious as to why FG specifically doesn't bench anymore.

Sorry for the hijack T.
    My chest was built almost entirely on incline DB presses and incline DB flys. I benched when I first started working out simply cause I thought that is what you did. It didnt take me long to notice the majority of the guys with big chests were all using DB's while the strongest benchers in the gyms never seemed to have much in the form of pecs. I know there are several exceptions to this but I figured out very early in the game it's not how much you lift but how you lift it that makes your muscles grow. It's because of this I attribute the fact I have been able to train for over 23 years straight and have only taken two one week breaks in that entire time.

My chest was built almost entirely on incline DB presses and incline DB flys. I benched when I first started working out simply cause I thought that is what you did. It didnt take me long to notice the majority of the guys with big chests were all using DB's while the strongest benchers in the gyms never seemed to have much in the form of pecs. I know there are several exceptions to this but I figured out very early in the game it's not how much you lift but how you lift it that makes your muscles grow. It's because of this I attribute the fact I have been able to train for over 23 years straight and have only taken two one week breaks in that entire time.
    I kind of figured this was your rationale but had to hear it! I agree with the bold 200%. There's a reason why people can't press dumbbells anywhere near their benching weight.

F'N wow! i do not think i have heard a comment like that before! mad props!

All good stuff. Maybe that's why I don't have a chest!

F'N wow! i do not think i have heard a comment like that before! mad props!
    Yep, I believe consistency is one of the most underrated aspects of building muscle there is. I can honestly say I can count the number of workouts I have missed in the last 10 years on one hand and not use my thumb. Even when MrsFire and I are on vacation we get in our cardio and weight training. A lot of people give us crap about that and tell us we should be relaxing and having fun (which we do), they cant comprehend that we live this lifestyle because we love it not because we have to or feel an obligation to do it.

It sure seems to work for you.

I'm having some pain and grip issues in my right forearm, getting checked for tendonitis, great thread in the injury section about tendonosis and tendonitis, any personal experiences here?

yup. i had it bad in my left elbow about a year in a half ago. i couldn't even open a door handle. it was mainly my fault, i didn't stop when it started to hurt. the best thing that i did was lay off of it and go see an orthopedic. if it is not to bad, take 800mg ibrofen (can take more, but watch your stomach) and ice the hell out of it! what i did was take small cups and fill with water and freeze them. try to ice when you can, every 15-30 minutes. make sure when your icing to rub really hard on the spot where it hurts, this will help break up scar tissue and bring platelets to the area to help heal. try the above for a week or two, and yes, you will have to lay off for a few weeks. if that doesn't work, ortho my man. he/she will make you get an mri and may suggest doing a cortisone shot, sometimes those work wonders!

thanks, there was a video about some guy with a miracle cure, a personal trainer that had it himself and said he cured it for good. http://www.tenniselbowtips.com/defau...hop=revesearch I haven't bought it yet, but didn't know if anyone else had.

Gym was closed Fri and is closed weekends during the summer. Laid off for most of the week due to the forearm pain, seriously contemplating starting some yoga next week. Also going to reveal the new program and diet for the next 2.5 months, my new deadline for best body ever! Turning 45 July 14th!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Yoga has done wonders for me man, give it a shot! I used to get the worst lower back pumps and ever since I started doing bikram 2x/wk they're gone. Feel much better/looser in general.

Thread Information