Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I hit chest twice a week and do the the high weight low rep stuff on mondays/low weight high rep on thursdays. No offense taken, the chest does need to come up and so do the legs, and arms, the only things that are coming around are the shoulders and back. I will get there, just don't like how long it takes.
    me either!!

Just chekn in tbody wher ya at man??!! Doing some cardio ?

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    A lot of driving and Christmas parties this weekend, so no cardio for awhile, but keeping the diet in check, for the most part, so I'll be fine.

gotcha.. well thats cool.. hope u had a good time.. glad to see ya droppn in..

181lbs this am, a slight up, but am not too concerned this week. Had a church Christmas dinner last night and I was the protein provider, went with four boneless legs of lamb, and a homemade au jus. Good stuff and I did stuff my face with that wonderful meat! Today was chest/shoulders/triceps/calves, I have been fasting all day so my workout seemed to suffer a tad

Chest
    Bench Press 3x8 with 225
    Incline DB 1x8 w/55, 1x8x60, 1x8x70
    push downs super setted with shoulder presses and toe presses
    push downs 3x15x150
    shoulder presses 3x15x120
    toe presses 3x33x120

leg of lamb..sounds good..

hey tbody u think u could give me a couple difft wkouts so i could break up my lifting routine to keep my body guessing? im gonna get thru this week and then rededicate for 8 more weeks of cutting .. maybe give myself a cheat every 14 days but i wanna step it up workout wise to keep the progression rocking! the only thing is i only have about 45mins i can spend in the gym cuz i do it on my lunch break... thx bro sry to hijack u again.. the leg deal u gave me is great and i enjoy doing 1 major bodypart/day except i do arms on leg and chest days.. i love my workout im doing now i just thought i could use a little variety.. for the "muscle confusion factor" and im not very good at designing workouts..

if u want me to post what im currently doing(assuming ur gonna help and not to put u on the spot) ill do all that in my thread..

Yes, I'd be happy to help, post up your current routine(in your thread) and I'll definitely give you a <45 min routine that will shock and amaze your CNS!

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Isn't lamb more fatty then beef?? Just asking because I do love lamb, I've done the smoke boneless leg of lamb with a wine reduction and it's awesome!! Would love to be able to eat lamb specially on weekends

Yes, I'd be happy to help, post up your current routine(in your thread) and I'll definitely give you a <45 min routine that will shock and amaze your CNS!
    Hey thx bro i appreciate it

Yes, lamb is off limits on a regular BB diet, but I absolutely love the flavor! I am fortunate enough to have access to Amercian Bison on a regular basis and will incorporate that as me last meal of the day red-meat after Christmas!

Yeah i love lamb flavor as well, too bad i cant eat it now. Ohh well i guess is something to look forward to when i get to my maintenance stage, or i could make it a cheat meal for like february or something.

I wish i could get some bison or something down here in Miami but unless i order that stuff online i have no access to it whatsoever, plus it is very expensive so not worth it for me, i'll stick with the ground beef 93/7

The bison for me is even cheaper than the lean beef, it's a friend of mine who raises it right here where we live!

You lucky bastard!!

Blizzard conditions, gym closed today, also wife's Christmas party so not the healthiest meal selection, although I fasted most of the day.

Blizzard conditions, gym closed today, also wife's Christmas party so not the healthiest meal selection, although I fasted most of the day.
    not something ive ever had to worry about i cant believe u dont have weight set at ur house tbody.. whats up with that?? esp considering its de***ber and today is the first day of winter..(and the shortest day of the year..)seems a guy like u would make provisions..

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66
    Yeah blizzard's im sure its got to suck!! Hope you can get back soon buddy!!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

not something ive ever had to worry about i cant believe u dont have weight set at ur house tbody.. whats up with that?? esp considering its de***ber and today is the first day of winter..(and the shortest day of the year..)seems a guy like u would make provisions..
    I have a bowflex decked out in a corner of a room in the house that i bought a few years back!! Used it about 7 times and never used it again!! I hate working out at home.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    A lot of driving and Christmas parties this weekend, so no cardio for awhile, but keeping the diet in check, for the most part, so I'll be fine.
    My first real image of you Tobdy was last year when you mentioned something about Christmas shopping with your tons of kids in a van....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    I have a bowflex decked out in a corner of a room in the house that i bought a few years back!! Used it about 7 times and never used it again!! I hate working out at home.
    yeh i did the same thing with one pap.. i think it took me 3 yrs to pay the damn thing off too!!!

179.8 this am and haven't eaten anything since, just coffee and water. We'll see how it goes. I also normally schedule an entire week of no workouts every two months, so this is about that time.

179.8 this am and haven't eaten anything since, just coffee and water. We'll see how it goes. I also normally schedule an entire week of no workouts every two months, so this is about that time.

do tell pls

My regular routine would be seven weeks of any particular program, normally this would be with an emphasis on a specifcally lagging muscle group. I would measure and guage success at the end of the seven weeks, take an entire week without doing any exercising what-so-ever and not sticking with any diet plan either(not pigging out, but not counting cals either) Then redesign my workout and dial my diet in for the next seven weeks. This seems to prevent my body from figuring out my routine. My workouts could change dramatically or simply shift the focus to a different bodypart by keeping the workouts the same just changing the rep range for a few muscle groups. It also allows my body to totally and completely recover from the intense abuse of hardcore lifting for the seven week program.

very interesting..yeh i def wanna keep the old body from getn comfy hence asking ur assistance...

Well, my body is lot's older than your body and the regularly scheduled rest helps to keep it not looking and feeling that way.
    Last edited by tbody66; 12-22-2011 at 10:38 PM.

thats good tbody although how old r u? im 37...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^ he's like 4 times your age bro.

shoot he looks FANTASTIC to be 148 yrs old! tbody whats ur secret?

I'm 45. My secret is Jesus!

I'm 45. My secret is Jesus!
    Thats a secret worth sharing ...

Amen. Something else worth sharing is the workout I just designed specifically for you and posted on your thread, 405! I almost felt sorry for you while I was writing it, visualizing you performing it. It might be the best workout I've ever written for anyone.

Tbody also came from good genes.....look at his daddy...
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Speaking of daddy, he's currently on the market, so if any of you know any older fit women he would appreciate someone who believes in the lifestyle. Oh and he's an over the road trucker so there are about 48 states he's available in.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66
    Speaking of daddy, he's currently on the market, so if any of you know any older fit women he would appreciate someone who believes in the lifestyle. Oh and he's an over the road trucker so there are about 48 states he's available in.
    ^ lol

185.4 lbs this am with two full days of eating on the immediate horizon.

so no lucky lady in Hawaii or Alaska?

Merry Merry Christmas buddy~
    Author Unknown

And too you!

Amen. Something else worth sharing is the workout I just designed specifically for you and posted on your thread, 405! I almost felt sorry for you while I was writing it, visualizing you performing it. It might be the best workout I've ever written for anyone.
    Well i tell u one thing, well 2 things tbody 1 i really appreciate u takn the time to help me out by designing this workout and 2 im really lookn forward to getn startd monday at lunch!

I have been and will continue to look it over so i get it well in my mind for monday to prevent spending quality lifting time reading my cellphone

So far today ive had 64oz sweet tea (with lemon) yum! And a bacon cheeseburger with hashbrowns smothered in ketchup hot sauce and salt and very delicious caramel popcorn and pecans and a snickers bar.. Still have a church dinnr to go to !! Loving it

Sounds great, 405. I've made my Oyster Stew for tonights dinner and finished up the last of my Lamb from our Church's Christmas party today at lunch, put it on 7 grains white bread with a slice of swiss on top, some horseradish dressing and dipped it in it's own au jus with added butter!

First6 is offline Member
    Hey T. Glad to see you around here. It is real tough getting back after being gone. Good job Bro and I am very proud of you!
    I thought about "coming back" a number of times but it is a hard thing to get over the "embarrasment" of dropping off for so long.
    I have been lurking lately and I'm very happy to see you doing well.

Thanks, brother, it would be great to have you back! Post up a thread and let's get back after this stuff crazy hardcore! You know you have a better chance of making progress due to muscle memory(if you've also been out of the gym as well as the boards) anyway, good to hear from you. Let's get things rockin'.

Merry Christmas all, have a blessed and wonderful day!

Thread Information