Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I've been able to all my life, You just draw what you see, not what you think you should draw, hard to explain. I truly believe that artists are born with it. Most things can be taught, I don't think art is one of those things.
    i think you are right with the statement, 'born' with it. i actually miss doing art, once i started playing sports as a kid, art when out the door. i still have some of my old art books from back in the day. any new pieces since this one?

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    No new pieces, but I'll maybe try to incorporate it back into my regular routine, just for the down time it affords. Thanks for the encouragment and kind words about my drawing.

Weigh-In

Dec. 1st, 2011

Weight 186.6 lbs
    Bodyfat 22%
    Belly measurement around the navel 38.25"
    Upper Arm measurement 15.75"
    And for all you new-comers I am 45 years old

I would appreciate all input, guesses on accurate bf% are most welcome, I am concerned about my symmetry(or more specifically glaring lack thereof) let's get hard and heavy after some great progress!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old guy making a comeback...-12022011a.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-12022011b.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-12022011c.jpg  

man, i was expecting worse. just pickin. i would say you are right where u put yourself, 22%. if i know u, it wont take long for you to get after it!

That is the plan. Three weeks of hardcore, clean eating and heavy lifting. I'll even tell you something to let you know how serious I truly am about this deal, if you promise not to tell anyone! I did 23 minutes on the treadmill and 12 minutes on the bike fasted at 6 am this morning!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey t body my first pic on page 7(i think it is) of my post im at 22% based on the wifes caliper readings(which i think has been proven to be fairly accurate)

That is the plan. Three weeks of hardcore, clean eating and heavy lifting. I'll even tell you something to let you know how serious I truly am about this deal, if you promise not to tell anyone! I did 23 minutes on the treadmill and 12 minutes on the bike fasted at 6 am this morning!
    ^^^Good for you man. Keep it up and it will help you drop the BF that much faster.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    We won't tell anyone.....

but I bet it works!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

I'm only doing it to spend the time with my wife, actually it hasn't even beothered me too much, but I haven't really got any muscle to be concerned about losing yet. When I have muscle then I'll be strongly reconsidering particpating in the muscle depleting activity you all call CARDIO!

fasted sure worked for me and I am hoping to hear back from Phate about an article he had somewhere mentioning 2 x's a day for not so long really gets off the BF. During my challenge I did fasted and another one later in the day and the fasted for 20-25 minutes and the later one for 30 minutes and the BF started going going going......and going some more; hence how I met my goal.

By the way speaking of Phate. He chimed in on my thread and I want for you to read what all he wrote. Not about cardio. Food. And it is great info. I will find the pages in my thread so you can see them.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    tbody is back...man where you been! gone for like 8 months and then that genie left you out of her woman cave....welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    fasted sure worked for me and I am hoping to hear back from Phate about an article he had somewhere mentioning 2 x's a day for not so long really gets off the BF. During my challenge I did fasted and another one later in the day and the fasted for 20-25 minutes and the later one for 30 minutes and the BF started going going going......and going some more; hence how I met my goal.

By the way speaking of Phate. He chimed in on my thread and I want for you to read what all he wrote. Not about cardio. Food. And it is great info. I will find the pages in my thread so you can see them.
    I read them, good stuff, thank-you very much! I will post my three week plan to be lean by Christmas Day here soon!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    tbody is back...man where you been! gone for like 8 months and then that genie left you out of her woman cave....welcome back!
    Genie and woman cave seems to be a highly sexual reference to me.... I'm curious if you were meaning that as positively as I took it??? Anyway, I am very glad to be back and more glad to be helped and helping all of you great people on the greatest board know to "fitness seekers" everywhere!

I read them, good stuff, thank-you very much! I will post my three week plan to be lean by Christmas Day here soon!

Genie and woman cave seems to be a highly sexual reference to me.... I'm curious if you were meaning that as positively as I took it??? Anyway, I am very glad to be back and more glad to be helped and helping all of you great people on the greatest board know to "fitness seekers" everywhere!
    I just figured something reallly good was keeping you away for so long......

You are welcome and looking forward to your 3 week challenge~
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Honest criticism, cause I luv u and would expect the same honesty from you??

Obviously BF got out of control, but you knew that. I think arms and lats need to be brought up asap tbh. I know u can do it bro!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Honest criticism, cause I luv u and would expect the same honesty from you??

Obviously BF got out of control, but you knew that. I think arms and lats need to be brought up asap tbh. I know u can do it bro!
    Absolutely what I want and expect. I will be making some impressive gains in the next three weeks, I am confident. I am doing deadlifts like a madman on back day, so the back should come back. My arms have always been an issue and since I had the "tendonitis" issue I'm probably overly cautious with them. I have actually wondered about having issues with them, it seems as if I don't have much feeling in the triceps or biceps, like there is nerve damage or something. My current workout is as follows:

Mon: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Calves
    Tue: Back/Biceps
    Wed: Legs
    Thu: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Fri: Back/Biceps/calves
    Sat: Arms

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I might need a little help here, i thought deadlifts were for hamstrings?

There are two types of deadlifts, tradational deads are for the back and are (arguably) the most overall traumatizing and effective exercise for the entire body, Stiff Legged Dead Lifts are for the hamstrings, and absolutely the single most effective exercise for that bodypart. Deadlifts are one of the core powerlifts in the olympics and weight lifting competitions and do not involve the hamstrings much, if at all. SLDL's only work the hamstrings and glutes.

Absolutely what I want and expect. I will be making some impressive gains in the next three weeks, I am confident. I am doing deadlifts like a madman on back day, so the back should come back. My arms have always been an issue and since I had the "tendonitis" issue I'm probably overly cautious with them. I have actually wondered about having issues with them, it seems as if I don't have much feeling in the triceps or biceps, like there is nerve damage or something. My current workout is as follows:

Mon: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Calves
    Tue: Back/Biceps
    Wed: Legs
    Thu: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Fri: Back/Biceps/calves
    Sat: Arms
    not a spot of cardio....what up with that?!?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Did you hate it or did time just fly by because you weren't properly awake? I only ever have time to do 40-45 mins of fasted cardio twice a week but I do it because it does make a difference. Only a little but over a long time a little adds up to a lot! Keep on it, it just needs to become habit.

As for your bf I guess you are about where you think you are. Easier to tell with a tensed ab shot though.

I actually didn't mind the cardio, my wife has been doing am cardio every since she started exercising, so it was nice spending the time with her. I certainly don't push myself too hard, but I'm really going to see what I can do if I do my absolute best in all three areas for three weeks without a cheat. (Lifting/dieting/cardio) And, in case you didn't know, I've only done cardio about ten days in my whole life, combined (thirty years of lifting)

I actually didn't mind the cardio, my wife has been doing am cardio every since she started exercising, so it was nice spending the time with her. I certainly don't push myself too hard, but I'm really going to see what I can do if I do my absolute best in all three areas for three weeks without a cheat. (Lifting/dieting/cardio) And, in case you didn't know, I've only done cardio about ten days in my whole life, combined (thirty years of lifting)
    the cardio actually gets addicting. start doing that with the wife everyday and you will see. i think i have done more cardio in one week than you have done in your entire life! haha! i wish i could go hardcore for 3 weeks but no way with all these christmas parties and family events!

5:30 am wake up, drink 16 oz water with one caffeine tab and a bayer am(aspirin plus caffeine )
    Pee (sitting down)
    Weigh-in (naked) 186.0 lbs
    35 minutes on the bike (treadmills all full) 10 miles total at a level 3, 200 cals burned with an average heart rate of 145
    Home and drank a raw fruit smoothie (blended in my vita-mixer) grapefruit/lemon/carrots/banana/whey protein shot/vitamin c/pom juice/plum-smart juice 32 oz approx 300 cals w/60 carbs/15 proteins/ 0 fats
    3 cups of coffee (sugar free vanilla syrup and a cinnamon stick) NO SUGAR (yes GB you read it correctly- NO SUGAR)

I've only done cardio about ten days in my whole life, combined (thirty years of lifting)
    MY GOSH! Glad you are going to start cardio to help your heart if for any other reason...

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    the cardio actually gets addicting. start doing that with the wife everyday and you will see. i think i have done more cardio in one week than you have done in your entire life! haha! i wish i could go hardcore for 3 weeks but no way with all these christmas parties and family events!
    Cardio is addicting and for the this post? well all I can say is STAY SAFE and try to get some cardio in as much as you possibly can....

5:30 am wake up, drink 16 oz water with one caffeine tab and a bayer am(aspirin plus caffeine )
    Pee (sitting down)
    35 minutes on the bike (treadmills all full) 10 miles total at a level 3, 200 cals burned with an average heart rate of 145
    Home and drank a raw fruit smoothie (blended in my vita-mixer) grapefruit/lemon/carrots/banana/whey protein shot/vitamin c/pom juice/plum-smart juice 32 oz approx 300 cals w/60 carbs/15 proteins/ 0 fats
    3 cups of coffee (sugar free vanilla syrup and a cinnamon stick) NO SUGAR (yes GB you read it correctly- NO SUGAR)
    HIP HIP HOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! TBODY has become a WARRIOR! LOVE IT! Just love it! Proud of ya~
    Author Unknown

Thank you, we will see, this had better work!

Thank you, we will see, this had better work!
    O Ye of Little Faith.....

and you are welcome.

ps: IT WILL WORK!
    Author Unknown

Pee (sitting down) (hahaha- i know who this was directed at!)
    sounds like a good morning and you got to spend time with the wifey! if you are wanting to cut even more, why all the fruits? i understand the vitamin aspect of it but wouldn't replacing that with a multi-v and some oats help out with all the sugar from the fruits? just a suggestion

I am not concerned about the macro break-down, and my wife and I have been on a smoothie kick since we watched the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" video.

Just had lunch - 32oz of water with no ice. Now I'm heading to the gym for my weight lifting portion of todays exercise plan.

I am not concerned about the macro break-down, and my wife and I have been on a smoothie kick since we watched the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" video.

Just had lunch - 32oz of water with no ice. Now I'm heading to the gym for my weight lifting portion of todays exercise plan.
    i figured that the wife was having one as well. you are lucky to have a woman to share that with! so the only food you have had today came in the form of your smoothie???

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i figured that the wife was having one as well. you are lucky to have a woman to share that with! so the only food you have had today came in the form of your smoothie???
    I am truly blessed. My wife is a nurse with knowledge in the area of nutrition and lives a healthy lifestyle.

1:30 pm Workout Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Calves

5 minutes on the treadmill at 5.5 speed

Flat Bench Press warm up followed by three sets of 8 reps with 225lbs
    Incline Dumbbell Bench 40lb x 15 reps, 50lb x 13 reps, 60lb x 11 reps
    Upright rows 70lb x 9 reps(plus the ez-curl bar, probably a 15lb bar), 50lb+bar x 15 reps, drop set 70lb x 9 - 50lb x 9 - 20lb x 15
    Tricep pushdown (reverse grip) 60lb x 17, 90lb x 15, 110lb x 11, 150lb x 7
    Toe presses, drop sets of 21's (7 reps toes in heels out, 7 reps heels in toes out, 7 reps toes and heels the same) 180lb, 150lb, 120lb, 90lb

Followed by:

Protein shot 110cals 1 carb/26 prot/0 fat
    Lo-Carb Monster 16oz 20cals 6 carb/0 prot/0 fat

So, up until this time of day the only caloric intake I had was from the smoothie!

I am truly blessed. My wife is a nurse with knowledge in the area of nutrition and lives a healthy lifestyle.

1:30 pm Workout Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Calves

5 minutes on the treadmill at 5.5 speed

Flat Bench Press warm up followed by three sets of 8 reps with 225lbs
    Incline Dumbbell Bench 40lb x 15 reps, 50lb x 13 reps, 60lb x 11 reps
    Upright rows 70lb x 9 reps(plus the ez-curl bar, probably a 15lb bar), 50lb+bar x 15 reps, drop set 70lb x 9 - 50lb x 9 - 20lb x 15
    Tricep pushdown (reverse grip) 60lb x 17, 90lb x 15, 110lb x 11, 150lb x 7
    Toe presses, drop sets of 21's (7 reps toes in heels out, 7 reps heels in toes out, 7 reps toes and heels the same) 180lb, 150lb, 120lb, 90lb

Followed by:

Protein shot 110cals 1 carb/26 prot/0 fat
    Lo-Carb Monster 16oz 20cals 6 carb/0 prot/0 fat

So, up until this time of day the only caloric intake I had was from the smoothie!
    no way you could have had a sustainable energy level thru your workouts with just that! i can barely make it thru the day having 5 meals at this point and all you have had is a shake??? what is your theory behind starving yourself???

Honestly I have a pretty solid will when I choose to. I didn't feel low on energy at all during this particular workout. People post on here all the time lifting in the am fasted, what's the diff?

Honestly I have a pretty solid will when I choose to. I didn't feel low on energy at all during this particular workout. People post on here all the time lifting in the am fasted, what's the diff?
    i guess if you are getting all your nutrients/macro's post workout, then i guess you are fine. just wondering why one would go so long without fueling. you may want to supplement with some BCAA's during this time to help preserve muscle going into your workout. i can do cardio in the AM fasted but i cannot lift weights fasted, feels as if i am about to throwup the entire time, no fun!

I'm not so sure that that many people lift when fasted. Cardio yes, lifting no.

Good luck with the next few weeks hoping it gets you back on track.

Well i do fasted weight lifting without 1 single issue, except sometimes a little sleepy but if i sleep good i have fantastic workouts

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Well i do fasted weight lifting without 1 single issue, except sometimes a little sleepy but if i sleep good i have fantastic workouts
    You do eat something before lifting, right?

Today wasn't the "template" for every day the next three weeks. If I deprive myself day one, and let my body know who is boss, then I can eat moderately the rest of the three weeks and my body thinks it is being treated like royalty. I normally don't even think about working out under-nourished, but the smoothie was still fueling me that late in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

You do eat something before lifting, right?
    Now after you suggested to eat but before i wasnt and had excelent workouts just as i do now!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Have you seen a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Have you seen a doctor?
    Every day, I live in a very small town!

Final Meal
    Two cups of Celery 0/0/0/0
    One cup of Radishes 0/0/0/0
    Zevia Ginger Root Beer 0/0/0/0
    Popcorn with wife while watching monday night football 180/3/34/5
    32 oz of water

Thread Information