Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    -KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Love following this thread... first thing i look at when computer is turned on! keep goin pal

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Love following this thread... first thing i look at when computer is turned on! keep goin pal
    cheers dude

Anything that would make it a stronger thread?

I should hopefully be posting a vid on how to do the oat pancakes 2morow

MY cheat meal was great,,,

I ended up having a 12oz ribeye rather than the monter on the bone ribeye since we had plenty of food going since our guests pulled out last min

My Ribeye steak was honestly the best steak I have ever eaten, this was reastaurent standard meat. In fact I have never ate meat of this quality and ive done my fair share of eating out LOL

It was better than certified Aberdeen Angus IMO and that is saying somthing for a standard breed...

I salted the beef for the last 36 hrs to draw out any extra moisture which worked well. The steak was like wax, it literally cut like it was wax, the fat just melted in the pan like butter, the meat the same in ur mouth... Im doing it agin but this time in the butcher fridge for 6 weeks instead of 3... cant w8, gona do a 5 or 6 rib this time aswell.

A few pics below of just under 2/3 of the final product, notice the depth of colour in the meat, whiteness of the fat and how dry the meat looks... This is what to look for when buying steak

The four steaks are between 9 and 11oz, the bone in is just under 32oz!

Pics 05.03.11

Not great light Sorry

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Your batting this out of the park mate, superb doesent describe it!!

Im starting my cutting phase tomorrow morning...(hopefully 7.30 running if i can drag my ass out of bed), and these pics are motivating for me and im sure for others!!

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    Your batting this out of the park mate, superb doesent describe it!!

Im starting my cutting phase tomorrow morning...(hopefully 7.30 running if i can drag my ass out of bed), and these pics are motivating for me and im sure for others!!
    Cheers man

Make sure u do get up and do ur cardio, if u dont you have already lost and it will be game over, trust me...

My food prepped up for 5 days (3 of 6 meals a day) since im working late all week and wont have a day off to do my prep.

Each box contains 24oz chicken breast and broccoli, yummy

Nando garlic sauce for the chicken and peanut butter for my fats.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Hey bro so I just bought $200 worth of filet mignons from Omaha steakhouse and was wondering how you salt/marinate it. My steaks have been much tastier since the last tips you gave me so I'm looking for more. You can pm it if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Hey bro so I just bought $200 worth of filet mignons from Omaha steakhouse and was wondering how you salt/marinate it. My steaks have been much tastier since the last tips you gave me so I'm looking for more. You can pm it if you want.
    Cool

It all depend if u wanna turn ur lean cut of meat into a less lean cut of meat lol

For some bangin flavour try making a rosemary butter...

U need to buy some fresh rosemary, tbh if i was you i would buy a rosemary plant and grow it in thr garden because its so simple.

U wanna pick a load of rosemary, and blend it in a food processor with 250g butter

Put the mix into a tub or make a roll out of it in tin foil and freeze

Now each time u cook ur fillet steak remember...

Pan screaming hot ( i actually use a cast iron griddle pan that i heat for 10-15 mins in an oven on 300 celcius then pull out and put on full heat)

While ur pan is heating up smother ur steak (make sure ur steak is room temprature so take it out the fridge 45 mins b4 u cook i) in ground black pepper all over and put a little oil over the meat as well. U need oil with a high smoke point so olive oil wont do! Ground nut oil is good. Pat the oil on the meat

Drop the steak in the pan and time about 2 mins each side. If u use a griddle pan u wanna twist the steak after a min to create more grill lines. Remember grill lines equals flavour

Now depending on how well done u want ur steak and how thick the steak is you can either put it in the oven (still in oven proof pan) and cook for a little longer or leave it to rest on a chopping board under foil for 5 mins.

The key for big flavour is to drop thqt rosemary butter into the pan with 60 seconds to go, or put a blob of it on top of the steak b4 it goes into the oven. The butter will almost burn and create a load of nutty, buttery flavour in ur steak and infuse the meat with rosemary.

Remember to flip the steak in the butter and pour it onto the meat when u take it out the pan.

U only use a tablespoon of bhtter and u wont be eating even half of that (unless u want to )

Now if u wanna less fatty steak cook the meat the same but smother the meat in chopped rosemary b4 u cook it along with the pepper.

paddy155 is offline Member
    Awsome mate

Couple questions for you on some issues I haven't really heard you talk about.

IMO you are doing a lot of cardio, so first of all, how much do you think is too much cardio? and how do you feel about it? ie. I know you enjoy your cardio to a certain extent because it is the means to your goals but do you still look forward to it or do you count down every last second and dread it?

How important do you think it is to set a specific time period, like 12 weeks in your example, for cutting? Do you find that it's much easier to endure knowing that it's only 12 weeks long and that the end is in sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Couple questions for you on some issues I haven't really heard you talk about.

IMO you are doing a lot of cardio, so first of all, how much do you think is too much cardio? and how do you feel about it? ie. I know you enjoy your cardio to a certain extent because it is the means to your goals but do you still look forward to it or do you count down every last second and dread it?

How important do you think it is to set a specific time period, like 12 weeks in your example, for cutting? Do you find that it's much easier to endure knowing that it's only 12 weeks long and that the end is in sight?
    I hate cardio

I love the fact that i have the balls to do it when other wimp out like little girls

IMO any more than 2 hrs a day 6 days a week is too much and i dont think u can maintain that much for very long either

If u set a time frame up i think ur setting urself up to fail since it will generally take longer than u think

Set a goal rather than a time frame

If anyone is looking to begin dieting I basically make simple reccomendations

Calories begin at LBM x 15 or ther abouts

Cardio is 5-10 sessions a week and TBH I think you should start at 10 sessions and just increase the duration each week until you reach your max at about week 6-8...

Doing 10 shorter cardio sessions rather than 5 longer ones is settin u up right from the start in the right ways, it will get u in the routine

I think 2 x 45-60 min sessions a day is the most I would reccomend and a total of 10 sessions a week max...

I think you should have one complete rest day to rest ur mind aswell as ur body

Once u reach ur maximim cardio limit u should watch ur body and then make changes with calorie intake, generally reducing carbs and maybe even the fats as you go along
    Last edited by baseline_9; 03-07-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Had a wkd leg session last night

Leg press
    Seated leg curls
    Lying leg curls
    Seated calf raise
    Calf press

We did the leg press with a low foot position and a narrow stance ( 8 inches between heels) full depth which was amazing, my quads were on fire

Did one drop set on the leg press and one rest pause on the lying leg curl but other that thag it was all str8 sets to failure

Chest and triceps 2nite with a 45 min session of stepmill after

Energy levels are still ok but we will see how i feel on friday after 6 days of low/no carbs...

I am now back on the clen after only 1 week off. I know 2 weeks is reccomended to upregulate the beta 2 receptor but i can tell u for sure that one week off is enough for me to feel it kick in as soon as i was takin it

By the end of my last 2 weeks i could not feel that much. Yesterday at a lower dose i could feel the clen just like i did at the begining of the first 2 weeks

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    If your energy is still going well after 6 days of low carbs.....kudo's to you! I'm a stack of smashed asholes after a few days.

It's good your reading your body with regards to clen . Too many just take without recognizing either there body is reacting to well...or not enough.

You seem to really have gotten your education in line with what your doing Baseline. I see big things for you in the future!!!

HUGS
    KG

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I hate cardio

I love the fact that i have the balls to do it when other wimp out like little girls

IMO any more than 2 hrs a day 6 days a week is too much and i dont think u can maintain that much for very long either

If u set a time frame up i think ur setting urself up to fail since it will generally take longer than u think

Set a goal rather than a time frame

If anyone is looking to begin dieting I basically make simple reccomendations

Calories begin at LBM x 15 or ther abouts

Cardio is 5-10 sessions a week and TBH I think you should start at 10 sessions and just increase the duration each week until you reach your max at about week 6-8...

Doing 10 shorter cardio sessions rather than 5 longer ones is settin u up right from the start in the right ways, it will get u in the routine

I think 2 x 45-60 min sessions a day is the most I would reccomend and a total of 10 sessions a week max...

I think you should have one complete rest day to rest ur mind aswell as ur body

Once u reach ur maximim cardio limit u should watch ur body and then make changes with calorie intake, generally reducing carbs and maybe even the fats as you go along
    Nice answers. I agree with everything you said, especially bold above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    If your energy is still going well after 6 days of low carbs.....kudo's to you! I'm a stack of smashed asholes after a few days.

It's good your reading your body with regards to clen . Too many just take without recognizing either there body is reacting to well...or not enough.

You seem to really have gotten your education in line with what your doing Baseline. I see big things for you in the future!!!

HUGS
    KG
    LOL

Cheers kawi

My carbs average about 110g a day if u factor in the cheat meal on saturdays, however Im cycling them higher on training days (120) and lower on non training days (60) so we will se how i go when they begin to drop.

Weight is 174.2 this morning

Exacly the same as it was 12 days ago!

Im just hoping that when i weigh in on sat the weight has gone down

Hopefully with the drop in carbs i will loose somthing

Ahhhhhh

The best part of my day

Eating peanut butter str8 out of the jar

Anyway

Im dropping my fats a little

I was consuming 10 x 0.5 tspns of peanut butter per day for my fats ( other fats come from chicken and beef)

Now im gonna do 6 x 0.5 tspns per day which is 15g of fats

15 fat from peanut butter
    20 fats from other meats
    5 fats from whey
    2 fats from oats

Id say im at about 45-50g a day ATM

Carbs r 125 on training days (4), 65 on non-training days (3) and may balance out a littoe higher because of my one cheat meal

Protein is 300-320 where is stays the same

I drop any additional fats on my cheat meal day to try and balance things out a little

Im a bit jittery 2day from the clen but oh well i will settle

Feeling a little drained at the min

back from the gym and just eaten my last meal b4 bed

It nackerd, drained and jittery from the clen all at the same time = Im getting there LOL

just over 2 weeks left now!

Gotta killl this shit

Im going to up my cardio intensity a little and just see how it goes, although im feeling fuked already just doin what im doin...

A guy at the gym offered to do my BF next week so I will let u know how it turns out..

I dont care really tho since I looked in the mirror at the gym under the good lights and I looked SICK. IMO anyway

Peace out, mother fukers............................................ ......

Just for reference im currently eating all of my ADITIONAL fats in the form of peanut butter in meals 2 and 3 on training days and meals 2, 3 and 4 on non training days

Aditional fats are 30g of peanut butter per day (15g fat)

I now plan to change it so that im consuming 20g of peanut butter per day along with 5 x fish oil caps

This will keep the fat intake the same ( protein loss is so small its not worth thinking about)

Ive just finnish capping up some taurine and caffiene in a ratio of 6 to 1

I plan to take a total of 7g a day (9 of my caps)

This is gonna sound really stupid... Yeh really stupid but it kind o makes some sense to me anyway...

Ive been thinking about stubborn fat. Well basically larger fat stores ( stomach etc..) and some of the reasons you shift that fat last

One reason is down to poor blood flow, thus partly preventing the mobilisation process that is required to use that fat...

So ive been thinking about how you can increase bloodflow that fat basically, creating a better environment for fat to be mobilised-become free fatty acids- and be oxidised

Heat.... Maybe heat in that area could open capillary and increase blood flow... IDK

How can we apply heat? IDK

Maybe Deep Heat muscular Spray

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    are you talking about like doing cardio with cling film wrapped your waist ? or a bin bag over your upper body while cardio ? i think theres some stuff like heated waistbands and for bad backs, might be more suitable than deep heat.

i know you sweat a load more but whether it mobilises fat or not im not sure.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rossapplecart View Post
    are you talking about like doing cardio with cling film wrapped your waist ? or a bin bag over your upper body while cardio ? i think theres some stuff like heated waistbands and for bad backs, might be more suitable than deep heat.

if that were true...woman would never leave a sauna

NO!

Im thinking about trying to increase bloodflow to an area that usually has littel blood flow.

A few pics from last night after the hardest cardio session in my life.... took me a good hour to recover from the cardio lol

weight is 172 (i think)

Comparison between day 1 and day 67

Day 1

Day 67

Day 1

Day 67

Last edited by baseline_9; 03-12-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Day1

Day 67

Day1

Day 67

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    look impressive, very good work bro! keep it up.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Amazing.....you are doing fantastic!

yep abs are defo showing, triceps separated from delts, good work bro, done a BF% caliper test ?

how much more do you want to / think you can lose ?

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    look impressive, very good work bro! keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Amazing.....you are doing fantastic!
    yep abs are defo showing, triceps separated from delts, good work bro, done a BF% caliper test ?

how much more do you want to / think you can lose ?
    Thanks guys

Getting tested next week

I would love to get to single digit BF but im dieting up until my holiday which is just under 5 weeks away and after that i will not be looking to loose any more... I feel it could be counter productive

After my holiday i will probable prime for one more week and the start a cycle
    Last edited by baseline_9; 03-12-2011 at 10:44 AM.

^^^^^ good plan, lean gain cycle ? dont want spoil all that hard graft with a dirty bulk right ? I plan on doing something similar if other events take there course, 12 weeks test and mast, should be awesome.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Baseline 9 you have done a great job ..... well done!

^^^^^ good plan, lean gain cycle ? dont want spoil all that hard graft with a dirty bulk right ? I plan on doing something similar if other events take there course, 12 weeks test and mast, should be awesome.
    Yeh im done with gaining fat m8

Gotta keep it clean

I actually eat a verry strict diet even when gaining. I end up gaining too much weigh not because I eat crap but simply because I eat too much good food!

B4 this diet began i was eating 5K calories coming from chicken, flank steak, eggs, rice and oats...

From now on im gonna be even stricter but also monitor my weigh and not rush things

Im planning the cycle in my head now and cant w8 to start growing again

Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    Baseline 9 you have done a great job ..... well done!
    Cheers

Baseline, first off the recent set of pics are extremely good and this thread is great, i hope to keep a thread half as good as this over in the members pictures, GT's cutting log btw!!

I have a question, throughout this hole experience, what have you found the hardest and what helped you overcome the obstacles put in front of you?

You obviously have a great knowledge of dieting and cardio right now. How impportant has the cardio been to you? is it the most important thing in your transformation?

Also as you know im beginning to cut and hope to yield results similar to you, what sort of rep range did you stick to? everyone has their own opinion on it?

Sorry for the questions, it just interests me, type of guy who would be a super trainer in this i feel

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    Baseline, first off the recent set of pics are extremely good and this thread is great, i hope to keep a thread half as good as this over in the members pictures, GT's cutting log btw!!

Thanks, I will be checking it out

I have a question, throughout this hole experience, what have you found the hardest and what helped you overcome the obstacles put in front of you?

Well I always stress that you must stick to the plan!

You must stick to ur diet, u must stick to ur cardio schedule

As soon as you slip up it is game over, you have lost ur mental edge, you have given in, you are now just like everyone else who cannot get into shape, you are weak mentaly

SO TO ANSWER UR QUESTION, I FIND IT ALL EASY BECAUSE EACH DAY IM GETTING BETTER AT IT, EACH DAY IS ANOTHER SUCCESS AND I KNOW THAT IM SHARPER THAN 99% OF PEOPLE.

"You can keep a knife sharp easily if you hone it every day, once its blunt though its a different story...

Point here is stay sharp and you will find it easy. Cheat once and its game over

You obviously have a great knowledge of dieting and cardio right now. How impportant has the cardio been to you? is it the most important thing in your transformation?

The most important thing is consistency of diet and cardio together.

Yes cardio is very important but it is also a pain in the ass

The cardio is important to keep the weight coming off while keeping calories higher that normal (if i was doing much less cardio)

Also as you know im beginning to cut and hope to yield results similar to you, what sort of rep range did you stick to? everyone has their own opinion on it?

I train how I feel on the day but u wont get me using high reps in an effort to 'burn fat'.

Train hard and heavy, 6-16 reps, to failure and beyond on some sets

What put muscle on ur frame is likley the best style of training to also keep it on ur frame while u diet

Sorry for the questions, it just interests me, type of guy who would be a super trainer in this i feel
    Firstly, thankyou for your continued support...

I apreciate it whe I see that people are following this log and im not just talking to myself...

See bold for answers to ur q's

Super answers and thank you for taking the time out. Very interesting cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Yeh im done with gaining fat m8

Gotta keep it clean

I actually eat a verry strict diet even when gaining. I end up gaining too much weigh not because I eat crap but simply because I eat too much good food!

B4 this diet began i was eating 5K calories coming from chicken, flank steak, eggs, rice and oats...

From now on im gonna be even stricter but also monitor my weigh and not rush things

Im planning the cycle in my head now and cant w8 to start growing again
    I hear ya, what are your thoughts on either increasing the intake of calories or decreasing the cardio to slowly increase the daily required amount of calories, given that cardio is a pain but still required, i was thinking of tapering it down while keeping the intake of calories the same, I think 20 - 30 mins a day would suffice, so maybe decrease cardio by 15 mins a day for at least a week maybe two until the 20/30 mins is reached and then start to increase intake of calories by say 200 calories per day for a couple of weeksand re-evaluate and increase again all the while monitoring BF% is at the desired level.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Good Lord Base, you are really leaning out nicely. Proof of what 'sticktoit-ivness' will do. I gotta start taking cues from you!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information