Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    3rd set is 4weeks,today

well like i said 4 weeks ago .. i hope the next 4 weeks is as productive as the last 4 weeks... what do u think?

Bill_boy2005 is offline Associate Member
    Good job on the dieting bro. Making some great progress.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Alot of difference in stomach and chest area. Really starting to see how things are gonna look for you now. This really is excellent progress and pics are a great way to account for that progress. Honestly mate, just keep going as you are, you are definitely on top of this.

I hear you on the cheat meals and your sanity. You guys have thanksgiving this week? There'll be a cheat there yes? And Xmas, there'll be a cheat few days there too? Take a cheat at the mid point of these 2 events also. A word on my weekly cheat - it is always a Saturday night (1 meal only) and it will contain carbs that I have removed from one of my earlier meals. It will be a relatively normal meal but will start with maybe some crisps (chips to you) and finish with dessert. I then miss my final meal of the day. I reckon this gives me a surplus of about 600cals on my normal day but would only be a couple of hundred over maintenance cals.

BTW I put on over 4lbs in 72hrs over the weekend!

LOL on the 4 lbs over the weekend sounds like yall ate well ..

yeh im fairly pleased with my results so far..

thxgiving will def be a cheat meal in there.. prob a cheat meal and a half i have to serve dinner at church at 1800 and am having my dinner at 1300 so ill prob nibble again then.. and then christmas will be good also.. i am really gonna try to keep myself in chk thru the holidays...that sounds good though about splitting the diff between xmas and thanx w a cheat meal.. once i get thru the holidays we can talk again about how im gonna cheat in the future..

as for the ECA i guess i should hold out on that as well ?? was gonna see how my weight loss continues over the next 2 weeks and maybe consider adding it if it slows .. i suppose only dropping 1lb this week doesnt matter really since my bf droppd 0.6% rite which means it didnt necessarily slow..i may have gaind a little muscle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_boy2005 View Post
    Good job on the dieting bro. Making some great progress.
    bill thx man i appreciate it ... im hoping once i get my test levels up ill see some good results as well.. in a way im playing with a handicap with free test being 7.3(8.7-25.1) and total being 349(348-1197)

Fairly pleased? You lost pretty much 18lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

ECA is your choice and yours alone. Losing over 2lbs a week isn't ideal as it will likely impact more on you LBM. So, until your losses are (regularly) dropping below 2lbs/week I would personally hold off. I know you are keen to to get this weight off asap but slow and steady will win this.

See how you go with your TRT first. Trying too many compounds at once and you won't know what's giving you the greatest benefit.

Any workouts today?

yeh i suppose im decently pleased ive been trying almost as hard as i can ..

ECA i think ill hold off like u said and see what the test does.. im hoping to be on it within the next 2 weeks or so..

u know it man 45 mins am fasted cardio at 0430 and chest and bis at lunch

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Wow 405 you dont cease to amaze me man, great job!! Great progress!!

thx pap.. my wife should be getting the spices today so hopefully i can lay off the hot sauce and mustard i thought u were gonna post some pics pap??? u could take them urself in front of a mirror like i do...

Yeah after seeing yours thats exactly what i will do tonight because if i wait for someone to take them i'll post them once my six pack is out lol. I'll post tonight some front facing ones and when i get a chance i'll post some posing back and legs and stuff to really see the difference a few months from now. Yeah im sure you will like the spices, if i like them and i am super picky as you can tell, pretty sure tou will too.

Well the old shoulder is giving me a bit of pain so its gonna be lite weight on chest and shoukder days for awhile.. Mri came bak good so ive got the go ahead on trt.. Awaiting instruction on first injection
    Kinda bummd bout shoulder but hopefully lite wt will let it heal or watever.. Surgery doesnt alwYs fix cuz ive had prob aftr prob ever since i first hurt it and got cut on... Other than that wkout went ok... I can do the weight but it hurts at top And bottom of reps on bench...

Sorry to hear that buddy! Hope the pains goes aways and you get better soon

Thx pap

well woke up at 0430 (ugh) and did my 45 mins fasted cardio.. the tuff part is just getting outta the bed and putting on my clothes... once ive dun that the rest is not much of a prob got legs today at lunch.. have been doing dips also to work tris and thinking of dropping it cuz it does put alot of strain on the shoulder.. apparently i need to baby it more than i have been.. i like 1 handed tri pushdowns which i also do in a superset with the dips.. anyone got a good suggestion for an alternative good tri exercise to replace dips that will give my shoulder a break?? skullcrushers perhaps??

Skull crushers, cables push down w/ both hands, single hand pull down, rope, any seated tricep machine, i do an excercise. With cables i dont know the name, standing up, face front away from cables, arm parallel to floor, the arm comes back to like a 90 degree and the you push forward. Not sure if u got it, love this excersice.

Close grip bench is my alternative. I do with a straight bar but you could use an EZ bar. Def drop the dips!

EZ bar?? is that the one with like the W shape in the middle? a "curl bar"?

Yeah 405 thats the one!

Just make sure your grip isn't that close. Lower the bar with your elbows by your sides. Your wrists should touch the outer side of your chest, that's roughly a shoulder width grip.

yeh i think ill try out the close grip bench... ive done it before.. i dont know how low i can go ill just have to see.. i may be on lite weight for awhile til the pain goes away..i have been going pretty hard up til now with the weight..

how about alternative exercises for chest besides bench??? r there any that work the same muscles???

Push ups lol

Well, dumbbells are generally nicer on shoulders than bars, but you use db's anyway. Try decline pressing, various incline angles, try flyes at different angles. Lighten the load and increase reps for a couple of weeks. Have a week off chest. Various things you can work around just depends what's comfy.

AaronJM1984 is offline Member
    good job so far!

thx aaron i appreciate it man

LOL u should see our decline bench stem... mainly its at the top of the movement.. moreso on incline than flat.. ill play with it and see what is comfy and maybe reduce the angle of incline a bit .. go lighter and more reps.. i dont necessarily wanna be huge anyways.. my size or whatever is pretty good anyways.. i mainly want to be cut and chiseled

Well day is dun.. Started TRT tonite.. Got first inject in me .. Hopefully b4 long i will no longer be playing with a handicap tomorrow am fasted cardio and prob tats it til friday...

Good job bud!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    thx aaron i appreciate it man

LOL u should see our decline bench stem... mainly its at the top of the movement.. moreso on incline than flat.. ill play with it and see what is comfy and maybe reduce the angle of incline a bit .. go lighter and more reps.. i dont necessarily wanna be huge anyways.. my size or whatever is pretty good anyways.. i mainly want to be cut and chiseled
    Well, at least you have a decline bench! Shouldn't moan, powerlifters own my gym so there are loads of bars, weights, dumbells and power racks. Not worth knocking your shoulder out for months just do what you can, and if you can't do anything then don't for a week or 2. It won't set you back that far.

a week or two!!? I cant do that SteM i think ill be ok just need to go lighter.. Those 90lb dbs can put alot of pressure on the shoulder.. Think ill stop at 70... Just do 15-20 reps

Do dumbells w/ palms facing inside, i think that way it puts even less pressure on shoulder, 405 SteM is right, sometimes is better to stop for 2 weeks or a month than rather not be able to lift more than 30 lbs ever again!!

This is a good time to start improvising all different variations of chest and just stick with the ones that put less pressure on the shoulder.

yeh ill have to work on figuring that out ..i dont have an injury its just inflamed inside.. thats what they told me when they did surgery.. inflammation and arthritis (which they ground off)

Don't know if this is a silly question but...... do you take anti-inflammatory's and do they help. Is the inflammation seperate from, or caused by, the arthritis. If the latter do you take any joint 'medication'?

no i dont take anything.. maybe a little of both.. they ground my collarbone shorter than it actually was to keep it from rubbing some other bone.. i think where it was rubbing is where the arthritis came from.. said it may take awhile for that bone grinding to heal.. but its been 7 months.. it feels a touch aggravated.. what do u suggest??? for antiinflammatory and joint medication?? and i need to start fish oil 2.. wat kind of fish oil i need to get? wont that help also?? these r the areas i can be lazy.. yeh ill wake up at 430 and do 45 mins cardio but i dont feel like taking 10 minutes to stop at the store and buy joint stuff.. i guess i looke thru everything from will it contribute to fatloss?? and if no then i dont bother with it.. need to fix that//

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Have a Great Thanksgiving 405~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Omega 3 fish oil can help with arthritis but I think it's better for rheumatoid rather than osteo. But it takes time to kick in, several weeks in fact. You'll need about 6g per day. There are plenty of other benefits too - heart and brain health, keep the blood a little thinner. Oh, and it may help in fat loss.

I did read at some point about a recommendation for additional vitamin E to help prevent oxidisation.

There is the option to use glucosamine, chondroitin and msm. Again they take time to work and must be used continuously for their benefit. I don't remember the amounts of each that you would need to take for them to work synergistically but it's something like 1500mg glucosamine, 750mg chondroitin and i don't remember the msm.

Maybe ask your doc or stick a post in the over 40 (I know you're not!) and see what recommendations you get.

Thx for the good suggestions stem.. The extent of ur knowledge never ceases to amaze me i will look into all those tomorrow..

As for yesterday i had family spend the night and enjoyed chicken wings and french fries i must say im paying for it this morning i guess the old tummy isnt used to tat kind of food anymore... Today i also plan to eat well and the bak on the diet again tomorrow... Its funny it seems i appear leaner in the mirror today than yesterday... I do weigh 196 but im not so concernd about the scale as i am the mirror ...

Happy thxgiving to all see yall tomorrow...

Happy Thanksgiving buddy, have fun with the fam and be safe

Some may say it's a mis-spent adulthood gaining this knowledge for none other than personal gain. But it's (one of) my hobby and I love learning about it. Though I did look into the whole treatment thing for my father in law. But he's a special case, he has gout as well and we're trying to treat that through diet.

But I also have no ACL in my left knee and have been advised I'll like have osteoarthritis in years to come so, in reality, I should start dosing up myself pretty soon.

A combination of the mirror, scales and somebody being ultra honest with you is the best gauge of your progress. And the camera, of course.

Well stem i depend on u for that ultra honesty my friend

Also my mom gave me some osteo bi-plex i think 2 bottls for my joints ill get it out of car and retype about it then..

Interesting to see th ecompound list. I remember 1500mg Glucosamine, 1200mg chondroitin and msm as you wish. The msm is an untested study I believe although calcium is also recommended for better absorbtion. Not sure whether you split the dose to 2 or 3 x per day or if you can get the same benefits as a one off.

Thread Information