Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member
    did your strength go down alot with dropping so much BF and weight?

std4 is offline Junior Member
    what's your bf on the new avatar?

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironaddict69
    did your strength go down alot with dropping so much BF and weight?
    Strength is still pretty good and I set a personal best deadlift just this weeks 545 (which I know is probably not the smartest thing to be doing just before a comp, but I like to keep it heavy). I am only down about 10lbs and I actually think my lean bodyweight has increased over the past 14 weeks or so. I'm sure strength will go down a bit when I drop the Tren and Winny however.

Quote Originally Posted by std4
    what's your bf on the new avatar?
    No idea really, maybe 7% or so?

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    looks like ur getting alot of questions so i thought id throw mine in ..... have u seen any joint issues with the winny? i know u have joint issues and was wondering how ur doing on it. ill be throwing in 50mg ed the last 6wks of my cycle and was a little worried about the drying of the joints effect we read about, looking jacked BTW.....

I"m experience some joint issues but nothing all that major really. I wear a neopreme sleeve on one arm for some tendinitis/tendonosis and my shoulders ache after pretty much any pressing movement. Knees are also feeling sore during workouts. I am going a little lighter on certain exercises right now to compensate but honestly the joint problems don't seem any worse than before the winny.

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1
    looks like ur getting alot of questions so i thought id throw mine in ..... have u seen any joint issues with the winny? i know u have joint issues and was wondering how ur doing on it. ill be throwing in 50mg ed the last 6wks of my cycle and was a little worried about the drying of the joints effect we read about, looking jacked BTW.....

wow personal best on deadlift. shit. nice weight too. how old are you? After the comp, and you start bulking again, dont like 20 lbs like POUR on?

wow personal best on deadlift. shit. nice weight too. how old are you? After the comp, and you start bulking again, dont like 20 lbs like POUR on?
    My deadlift has always been my best lift. I'm 27. After the comp, I will take a few days off and then get back to it to hopefully take advantage of a rebound period. Haven't made any real plans for the offseason yet though.

1cc Tren -A into left quad tonight. 80mg winny, 100mg mast.

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    hey man wat are ur future plans for bodybuilding?

Got a good night's sleep last night. I thought the tren might keep give me the sweats but I didn't experience any. No cardio this am as I had to drop off my car early to have some work done. I'll do 15min preworkout and 45 min postworkout.

I also moved all the furniture out of a spare bedroom and set up a couple mirrors to create a posing practice room. I really need the practice and hopefully it will help out now that I can practice at home.

I'm still experimenting a bit on which poses to use in my routine. I like alot of the old poses by guys like Zane which show off symmetry and look good for guys like me who aren't going to rely so much on sheer size.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordfan01
    hey man wat are ur future plans for bodybuilding?
    No real plans yet. I'll evaluate things after my upcoming comp.

Got up at 5:30 this morning and did my 45 mins of cardio. Taking today off from lifting to give my body one last break. I'll do another 15-30mins of cardio this evening.

Plan for today and every other day until the show is:
    1ml tren -a
    80mg oral winny
    50mg oral mast
    .25ml Letro

Tomorrow and every second day will be
    80mg oral winny
    50mg oral mast
    .25ml letro

can i ask why u drop the tren ?

can i ask why u drop the tren?
    I probably didn't explain that very well. I'm continuing to take the tren every other day.

Feeling good today, higher energy and morning cardio went well.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 08-01-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Feeling very tired today. Probabaly a combination of lack of sleep and lack of carbs. Here is a quick update of how things are looking. Mentally, I'm doing pretty good and I'm getting excited about the comp. Physically, I'm just drained.

A normal day right now looks like:

5:30 wake up
    6:00-7:00 to the gym for 45 min cardio
    7:15 - 8:15 shower/shave/eat get ready for work
    8:30-6:00 work (& eat lots of chicken breasts)
    6:30-7:00 tan (every other day)
    7:00-8:15 train
    8:15-8:45 another 20-30mins cardio in the spin room while my friend practices her posing; I normaly practice going through the mandatories for 10-15 mins here too
    9:15 arrive at home and eat
    10:00-10:30 practice posing
    10:30-12:00 shower, eat, etc.
    12:00 go to bed.

I'm averaging about 5 hours a night of sleep. Feeling pretty exhausted, even with the clen , constant coffee and occassionaly ephedra. Keeping carbs at around 125-150 daily. I will probalby do one high carb re-feed day on like Sunday. Water intake is between 1.5-2 gallons daily.

Still taking 1ml Tren -A EOD
    80mg oral Winny ED
    50mg oral Mast ED
    .5mg Lion's Letro
    150mg? Lion's clen (based on my experience, I think I"m really getting around 75-100mg. I believe the oral clen I have is underdosed)

OTC Supps
    10mg ephedra before cardio and 10mg ephedra preworkout
    15g BCAA's spread through the day 5 before cardio, 5 in the afternoon and 5 after cardio
    10mg Glutamine spread throughout the day
    2 caps Livercare
    Potassium sups throughout the day
    ZMA about 30 min before bed
    1500mg vitamin c 30 min before bed
    Animalpak multivitamin in the afternoon

I think that's everything. Cal's are down quite a bit as I'm trying to really lean out as much as possible and feel a little behind where I want to be. I think that even a couple pound sacrifice of muscle is going to be ok if I can really get the bf down, especially in the novice class.

Diet looks like:
    400g protein
    150g carbs
    40-50g fat

Taking in about 2600-2700 cals, down from around 3600 at the start of my prep.

bro, thats quite a schedule with little rest, no wonder ur cashed out, oh and no carbs, its a wonder ur functioning at the level u r. hope it all calms down after ur comp and u get the needed r&r, peace

hey man i know uve prob asked this but wat sanctioned show are u competeing in?

Yeah, that schedule keeps me pretty exhausted but I can keep it up for one more week.

One week out as of this morning. Changes to diet starting today.

BOUNCER 01 is offline Associate Member
    Doing well there mate!

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER 01
    Doing well there mate!
    Hey thanks man. Quick update. DangerDan is on zero carbs until wednesday afternoon. He is extremely irritable, very hungry, tired and drinking 3 gallons of water daily. Carbs will be reintroduced Wednesday PM. Water will be at 2-3 gallons until Thursday when it will drop to maybe 1/2 to 1 gallon and only ice cubes after Friday pm.

My trainer is planning on putting me on Lasicks (sp) at some point. I get to eat IHOP the morning of the show. Here are a couple quick pics from one week out. The next ones will be the day of the show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DangerDan's PreComp Test/Tren/Winny-temp.jpg   DangerDan's PreComp Test/Tren/Winny-temp3.jpg  

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    dan you are looking amazing ... whats your weight now ?

wow dan, its amazing how much the last week has done for u. cant wait to see the contest photos!

Thanks guys. Things seem to be coming together. My weight is around 197am 202pm at this point and I dont plan to weigh again until Friday Night Weigh-Ins.

Hopefully when I drain out all the water, I will look really dry and hard. Since this is my first comp, I dont really know what to expect but I"m looking forward to this weekend.

Final Countdown (not the song, although the song is awesome)

Here is basically my plan for the rest of the week. I'll be at basically zero carbs and three gallons of water Monday and Tuesday. Cardio for 20min monday, tuesday and wednesday. Workouts monday and tuesday will be one day of push movements and one day pull movements. Light total body workout wednesday. (Just going for a pump in these workouts)

Wednesday – I get to reintroduce carbs sometime in the afternoon and from Wednesday PM until the show diet will be pretty much all carbs. Still drinking three gallons of water. Light workout Wednesday night, 30 min posing practice.

Thursday – Water will be cut to 1.5 gallons. Eating as many carbs as I can get, every two hours. No workout, 30 min posing practice; no flexing legs when practice posing. Will nair/shave entire body Thursday pm.

Friday – (OFF from work) As soon as I wake up, shower and very light shave anywhere that needs it. Try to relax all day and stay off my legs as much as possible. 30 min practice posing but no flexing legs.

Friday Lunchtime - final prep (jantana scrub and moisturizer) and apply first coat of jantana

Friday afternoon – another coat of JanTana if needed (probably will do two coats because the darker I get on Friday, the less to worry about Saturday). Drink about ½ gallon of water Friday and limit any water after like 5pm (only ice cubes as needed).

Friday night – weigh in as soon as possible, go home and try to relax. Eat carbs. Try to get as much sleep as possible. I may be on lasicks (sp) at this point.

Saturday – (take lots of potassium all day to help with any cramping; I've been slamming it all week already) wake up early, take a light shower to wash of residual jantana. 6:30 am. Go to IHOP with my contest prep guy, can’t drink however. Be at contest about 1 and a half hours early. Touch up my JanTana, but will probably not apply another full coat. Try to relax until 45 minutes before I go on. Pump up, spray on hotstuff and have someone put on JanTana bodyglaze. Hit the stage and try not to vomit or faint.

Break between shows. Try to relax. Sip water or eat ice cubes if necessary.

Night show, Show up around 5:00 p.m. Mike will touch up my JanTana, but will probably not apply another full coat. Try to relax until 45 minutes before I go on. Pump up, spray on hotstuff and have someone put on JanTana bodyglaze. Hit the stage and try not to vomit or faint for a second time.

After the show. . .

EAT EAT EAT AND DRINK BEER, LOTS OF BEER!

EDIT: after talking with a couple folks, the spray tanning is out.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 08-06-2007 at 02:07 PM.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Hey buddy,I've just read all of this thread and I must say that the level of acheivement that has transpired is what real bodybuilding warrior's are made of and is nothing short of magnificint.I hope you do well.,Enjoy your IHOP.

Don't walk the stage own it

your looking excellent dan great transformation ur gonna knock um dead

good job bro cant wait to see how it goes for you, i take mt hat off to anyone who is dedicated enough to do a show, LOTS OF BEER, sounds good!

4 days out. Really feeling rough this morning. Very tired and zero energy. Weight is way down also, 194 as of this morning. I look extremely flat and basically not good. I'm assuming all of this is from depleting my body of any carbs and sodium. I was told to expect this so hopefully things will come back together when I start carb loading.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    no worries dan.... thats the nature of the beast.... you are D E P leted & will feel like total ASS the next few days.... you look great & dont worry.... you will kick sum ass......have fun with it..... leave all your hard work on the stage buddy..

Thanks Jakked. I was told to expect all this but it sucks seeing myself go from looking pretty decent to completely flat. I'm confident in the final result however and excited about the comp.

3 days out now. Weigh-ins the day after tomorrow. I've been on zero carbs since Saturday afternoon (4 days). Feeling very tired and just dont have energy. Still running Clen at around 100mg daily, winny 80mg daily and letro. Also taking BCAA's, Glutamine, Animal Pak Multi, Potassium, zma and vitamin c. Water at 3 gallons daily. Last workout is tonight; plan is to do upper body and just a couple sets for each bodypart then another 30 minutes of posing.

sounds like a plan dan---- you got it down bud.. its great that your weigh in is the nite before-(is that rite?) . monitor your weight & d e p ending on where its at, maybe you can afford to eat more than you thought.... be cautious of spill over though....so eat some, go back to sleep or rest & repeat... I know it took me about 36 hrs to fully fill out, but I ate my face off AFTER the show & was MAD bloated on monday after...so eat small amounts & adjust accordingly as long as you dont spill over/bloat.. you look great bro!

Thanks Jakked. Hey when did you stop flexing your legs when posing? Should I stop that now or should I flex my legs when I pose today and tomorrow and then not flex them on Friday?

STOP flexing them....tues was my last day to flex them to allow all the pooled fluids to dissapate....

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    STOP flexing them....tues was my last day to flex them to allow all the pooled fluids to dissapate....
    Will do.

banana walnut pancakes after..... KILLER!!!!!!!!! LOL

good luck brother!! you have done something truly amazing!! Enjoy it-revel in it--take it all in.... its a great experience... KICK ASS!

Weighed in at 193. I'll update you guys on how I place on Sunday.

howd u do brother?

I didn't place in my class, but am pretty happy with how things went. I ended up in the novice heavyweights which was went from 187.5lbs and up. As I said, I weighed in at 193. I was the only one in the class under 200 and basically got out muscled. It was a very good class and the guys who placed ahead of me deserved too. I'll try to get some pics up from the show in a couple of days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DangerDan's PreComp Test/Tren/Winny-danaftershowedit.jpg  
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 08-12-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information