Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 1334
Like Tree936Likes

Thread: Cylon357's Super Cool Covid 2020 Weight loss comp log!

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Friday night was an easy bench workout to wrap the weights for deload / reset week.

Today will be some form of cardio, unsure what exactly yet.

Tendinitis seems to be under control with a strap and / or elbow sleeve. Not yet doing skull crushers again, but getting close.

I'm probably going to tweak the ratios on test and mast to closer to 2 to 1, probably 180 test to 90 mast. And switch the mast to E from P. One less injection per week, still going subq, IM is the gateway to "well, I'm doing 500test, 300tren and 200mast"...

All is good, y'all!
    Gotta say, I loved IM using a 5/8” to my pecs & delts - so easy! Why I pinned quads at one time is beyond me. But 300 mg. Tren ?!?
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Gotta say, I loved IM using a 5/8” to my pecs & delts - so easy! Why I pinned quads at one time is beyond me. But 300 mg. Tren ?!?
    This is why I am avoiding IM. I know me, and IM is a gateway to MORE lol!
    wango likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This is why I am avoiding IM. I know me, and IM is a gateway to MORE lol!
    Tried 300mg last time but my be-an-asshole factor increased with about the same so pulled back to 200mg.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Tried 300mg last time but my be-an-asshole factor increased with about the same so pulled back to 200mg.
    I'm not genuinely suggesting I would run 300mg of tren , or any tren at all, BUT I know if I start doing IM, I will be pushing the volume up, and who knows, might be tempted. My 55 year old a** does NOT need that lol!

Blog Entries
    Monday night workout to kick off week 1.

Barbell squats, 12, 6, 6 for work sets. I wanted two sets of 12 but my low back was the limiting factor tonight. I PROBABLY had 2x12, but chose to split the second set.

Front squats, 2x7

Pullups, with the handles, 3x6.

Calf work, oddly 3x22. I didn't have my balance tonight for some reason.

Leg curls, 3x10-12, super setted with leg extensions, 3x12-15. The curls were bitey tonight, thought I might cramp, but did not. Well, at least not yet. With my luck that "3am wake your ass up, sit you straight up in bed" cramp is coming. Hydrating now...

5 rounds 3.5 minute jog, 1 minute walk outside. Even at 8pm, with the sun mostly gone down, I bet it was close to 90 degrees.

About 12k steps total for the day, and only about 2k of that came before the workout, so I should sleep well tonight!
    Last edited by Cylon357; 08-07-2023 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Spelling, punctuation, the usual suspects
    stocky121 and wango like this.

Blog Entries
    Just a 3 mile walk tonight. It is seriously hot out here... it has made it to 98 degrees two days in a row. So last night, when I was doing that jog / walk thing? Almost certainly 90+. Probably the same tonight.

I guess I'm going to have to get some lights for the bicycles and do some night riding! That can be fun, but we got bears and gators oh my!
    stocky121 likes this.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Just a 3 mile walk tonight. It is seriously hot out here... it has made it to 98 degrees two days in a row. So last night, when I was doing that jog / walk thing? Almost certainly 90+. Probably the same tonight.

I guess I'm going to have to get some lights for the bicycles and do some night riding! That can be fun, but we got bears and gators oh my!
    That’s to hot for me that heat would sap everything out of me.
    It’s been a cool summer over here this year and I’m not complaining.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Blog Entries
    Bench day.

Barbell bench, 3 work sets, 10, 6, 6. I may have had 3 8s in me, but my goal was to get to ten with current weight before bumping up. I hit the 10 on that first work set and sort of had that monkey off my back, so I may not have been quite as focused on the subsequent ones

Dips, no weight 12, 9, 9.

Close grip bench, 3x8, supered with 3x10 ez curl bar curls.

2x10 light dumbbell flyes, supered with light lateral raises, 2x10.

1 mile walk this morning, 1 mile pre workout to warm up, 1+ miles post work out and all is good.

I cleaned up my diet a bit today, yay! That is my downfall, I do like the food.

We also got a little break from the heat when rain came through this evening. Yeah, it still made it into the upper 90s today, but the rain did cool things just enough.

Life is good!
    wango and stocky121 like this.

Blog Entries
    Dead lift / back day.

Deadlifts to start 3 work sets all 6 reps, a little more weight than I have been doing.

Barbell rows, 1x8 with the handles, 3x10 no handles with the figure 8 wraps (I also used those on the work sets of deads).

3x10 pulldowns, really focusing on feeling it in the lats.

3x10 hip thrusters off the heavy bag.

I'm almost sure there was another exercise in there, but dang, it is gone now.

MetCon (?) consisted of tire hammer swings, ball slams with the 40lb slam ball (against the tire), then the last 30 seconds was calf raises with the farmers walk handles.

2:30 work time
    1:00 rest time

5 rounds. Thought I was going to die but didn't, so that's good, I guess.

Stocky, I hit 161 on the heart rate... I imagine that if I had a smart watch instead of a fitbit, it would have been dialing 911.

1 mile walk to cool down, then a hop in the pool, yoga stretches, shower and protein.

All is good here, man!
    stocky121 likes this.

Dead lift / back day.

Deadlifts to start 3 work sets all 6 reps, a little more weight than I have been doing.

Barbell rows, 1x8 with the handles, 3x10 no handles with the figure 8 wraps (I also used those on the work sets of deads).

3x10 pulldowns, really focusing on feeling it in the lats.

3x10 hip thrusters off the heavy bag.

I'm almost sure there was another exercise in there, but dang, it is gone now.

MetCon (?) consisted of tire hammer swings, ball slams with the 40lb slam ball (against the tire), then the last 30 seconds was calf raises with the farmers walk handles.

2:30 work time
    1:00 rest time

5 rounds. Thought I was going to die but didn't, so that's good, I guess.

Stocky, I hit 161 on the heart rate... I imagine that if I had a smart watch instead of a fitbit, it would have been dialing 911.

1 mile walk to cool down, then a hop in the pool, yoga stretches, shower and protein.

All is good here, man!

You been going at it hard mate.

I’ve been trying to find slam balls on eBay for a while now (to tight to pay full price) I do have a 33lb bag that I’ve never used, going to try incorporate when I get a bit fitter.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    no open source posting

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Blog Entries
    Saturday, I got in a 2.75 mile walk, AM and fasted. Was still hot as a murf at 9:30 when I got started, but I got it done, so all good.

Today is a full rest day, at least from exercise. I have to do some house and yard work, but nothing too bad.

An observation on the tendinitis...

Elbow sleeves work best for me for pressing movements, ie bench press and over head presses.

The forearm straps (the ones that wrap around your forearm just shy of the elbow joint) work best for pulling, that is deadlifts, rows, pulldowns, etc.

I'm still not 100% done with it, but with those two items, I can get good workouts.
    Cuz, stocky121 and wango like this.

Blog Entries
    "AAARGH! So sore! What the hell, man?!?!" - my delts, particularly the frontal delts, tonight during over head presses.

Which is unfortunate, because today was over head press day.

Started with barbell over head presses, obviously, and even with just the bar as warm up, the delts were like "WTF, bro??" and I responded "WTF back out you! Where is this soreness coming from??"

Then I remembered, I did the hammer swings / slam ball stuff on Friday. Ah. That was it. Works those delts HARD, which is why I normally do that met con only after bench or over head press day. But, I wanted to see if I could pull it off, especially since there were 2 full days between workouts. All good, net of it is a) keep that metcon where it was and b) ... aww hell, I forgot what b was. The Wife distracted me. If it comes back to me, I will update.

OK I remembered b): it only really cost me a couple of reps off my top work set.

Not that that is important. Not that any of this is important but eh, it beats workin'

I would normally have done dips next, but didn't feel like the delts would permit it, so I went straight to barbell shrugs with the parallel handles. 4 sets, increasing weight, got to 275x8 and weirdly, my left tricep and lat were acting odd. The inner try and sort of upper lat on that side were tapping, and I was like da fuq. So, I called that at 4 sets. I maybe could have gone higher, but with the delts and now the tricep / lats talking to me, I was like "Goddangit, Cy, you falling apart or what?"

I did persevere though and glad I did.

Nothing was exactly hurting, except those front delts, but even that was a sore as fuck type of hurt, not an injury type of hurt.

I super setted dumbbell curls and triceps pushdowns, 3x12-15 each, with a bit more weight on the pushdowns than I have been using. It was good, and seemed to hit the inner tris well, which actually seemed to resolve the earlier issue. IDK, man, I've been in this body for 55 years, and it still has some surprises left.

Cable flyes, 3x12 and cable reverse delt flyes, 3x10-12 were next. Felt good on both, and I could tell I will be feeling it in the AM.

A couple of sets of light lateral raises were next, 2x12, followed by one a bit heavier, 1x10. I was really feeling those too, but I'm trying to go easy on them because they really seem to irritate the tendinitis.

About a 1 mile walk to warm up, 2'ish for LISS and to cool down, and all is good, y'all!

Blog Entries
    Just close to a 3 mile walk at lunch today for LISS. Squat day tomorrow, lets bring it on!

Blog Entries
    Squat day

Barbell squats, work sets 8, 6, 6, 10. The 8 and 10 were with my previous 12 rep weight, the 2 6's were with my target for 12 reps by end of October. Should be doable, even with the oddball workout schedule I am following right now. More on that later.

Anyhow, good squats.

Front squats, 2x8.

Chin ups, 3x6.

Setup the high landmine and did 3x22 calf raises off the block. Yeah, that's a weird rep count. That's how it was tonight.

3x10-12 leg curls, super setted with 2x12-15 leg extensions.

MetCon was 5 4 minute rounds (20 total work minutes), 30 seconds between rounds. Rounds 1, 3 and 5 were jogging on the treadmill, rounds 2 and 4 were working the climber. Basically, just enough time between rounds to grab a drink then switch to the other machine.

1 mile walk to warm up, about 3/4 of one to cool down, then pool, shower, food.

Life is dy-no-MITE!
    Last edited by Cylon357; 08-17-2023 at 07:23 AM. Reason: super setted, not surrounded. Dang autocorrect

Blog Entries
    Bench day.

Barbell bench 6, 7, 8, 4. The 6 8 and 4 rep weights were at my previous 10 repper, the 7 repper was +20lbs. I have goals...

No dips, as the tricep tendinitis really is starting to feel tons better. It probably doesn't hurt that I upped my hgh to a full 2iu, 5 times a week... Anyhow, I really do want to let that heal completely.

Doesn't mean I'm not working the tris a bit though. Today was 2 sets of narrow grip bench, 10 reps each, super setted with 2x12 ezcurl bar curls.

Dumbbell flyes, 2x10 super setted with 2x10 lateral raises. Something else was in there, but it is gone from my brain now....

1 mile walk to warm up, 2.5 after workout to get some LISS, maybe 40 minutes? I was doing a German lesson on my earbuds, so I'm sure the neighbors are like "great..."

All is cope here. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Blog Entries
    Just a 2.75 mile walk this morning, fasted. Got stuff on the schedule for today, but nothing big.

Blog Entries
    Deadlift day!

4 sets of deads 8, 8, 8, 6

I wasn't really focused on the deads, but did make them intense, so actually I guess I ended up focusing on them after all.

4 sets barbell rows, 10, 8, 6, 8

4 sets of hip thrusters, 12, 8, 8, 8.

What is with all these 4s??

Calf raises, 3x25

3x15 kettlebell swings. Hey, there they are again!

1 mile run for MISS, 11:00 mile pace. 1 mile walk before and after, and now, all is well.

I have to go, I have a formally feral cat that is demanding pets.

Later!
    stocky121, wango and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Almost 3 mile walk on Tuesday, at lunch. Hot as a murf but better than it has been.

Blog Entries
    Overhead press day Wednesday.

I had a blood draw this morning and was a little worried it might throw me off.

It did not yay!

Over head press, some work sets, but got 1x6 with my 1x8 goal weight, so I call that good.

Shrugs, 12, 10, 8, 6 progressively higher weight.

Pushdowns, super setted with ez curl bar curls, 3x10-15 each.

Dumbell flyes, semi super setted with lateral raises, 3x10 on flyes, 10, 10, 8 on raises.

2 mile walk after for LISS.

Shot about 160mcg ModGrf 1-29 about 30 minutes post workout. I want to try that for a bit (however long that is) to see if I can raise the post workout spike. I'll report back on that later.
    stocky121 likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Almost 3 mile walk on Tuesday, at lunch. Hot as a murf but better than it has been.
    They would have to follow me around with a mop if I did a 3-4 mile walk at lunch.Two days ago it was 96°F with a heat index of ~ 108°F
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    They would have to follow me around with a mop if I did a 3-4 mile walk at lunch.Two days ago it was 96°F with a heat index of ~ 108°F
    It hasn't been quite that hot this week, but man it's not far off. Still, probably low 90s which I will take, after last week where we had 3 98 degree days in a row...
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Squat day today, baby!

But I also mis-timed my carb intake. Bummer, though as you might imagine, I still got something done.

Barbell squats, 2x8, 1x7. The 7 is plus one from the previous squat workout, with my 12 rep goal weight (by end of October).

Barbell calf raises, 3x30.

Then, a what the what?? tri-set, about 30 seconds between exercises, and 1 minute between "rounds" of :

6 pullups
    6 box* jumps
    15 kettlebell swings

3 "rounds" but that wasn't really the goal, that is just how it played out. Oh, and box* means "I didn't jump onto a box, rather the bed to MAYBE save my knees a little."

1 mile walk to warm up, 1mile jog for MISS at the end, then about another mile walk to cool down and get to 10k steps for the day.

All good in Central Florida!
    stocky121 likes this.

Blog Entries
    2.5 mile walk on Saturday, and I may take a page out of Stocky's book and go dust off my weighted vest for walks. It has been a while since I used it, need to up the ante.

Also, blood work is slowly trickling in. I had it drawn on Wednesday, and have some stuff in. Estradiol Sensitive came in this AM, 82 with top of range being 39. That is the highest I have seen it.

4 years ago, that would have freaked my ass right out, and now I'm like "Yeah, I suspected this." I'm having acne (which I haven't had in forever) and libido is slightly off. Not bad, mind you, just not that "shag a hole through a brick wall, all day, every day" feeling I typically get with Masteron in the rotation.

This is actually ironic, because mast in the past has served very well as an AI for me. I had proviron in the mix at the time as well, I will add it back at 25mg per day and see if that moves the needle to where I like it. I also STRONGLY believe that the difference in estrogen levels is due in large part to my inclusion of microdosed finasteride. Blocking the conversion to DHT leaves more test left over to convert to estrogen and free t.... still waiting on Total and Free T, and DHT on the blood work, will be interested to see where they are.

Currently on 180mg Test C / 90 Mast E, 2 iu hgh in the AM, 750 iu HCG .

Get that vest out mate. I think a proper vest where you can place the weight around would be better and more evenly dispersed. What weight can it go upto?
    Cylon357 likes this.
    no open source posting

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121 View Post
    Get that vest out mate. I think a proper vest where you can place the weight around would be better and more evenly dispersed. What weight can it go upto?
    For some reason, I have 2 vests. One goes to 20lbs, the other to 40 lbs.

For some reason, I have 2 vests. One goes to 20lbs, the other to 40 lbs.
    Nice. Fully loaded 40lbs would be a killer, at just 11lbs i can feel it in my knees.
    no open source posting

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Blog Entries
    Bench day. Barbell bench, 8, 6, 8 work sets.

Dips, 3x10 no weight.

Dumbbell curls, supered with tricep push downs, 3x12 and 3x10-15 respectively

3x10 dumbbell laterals.

There was something else... well, maybe there wasn't. This is week 4 of 5 before deload week. I get a little less volume in in the later weeks, though intensity is good.

1 mile walk to warm up, 2 for LISS and all is good!

Bench day. Barbell bench, 8, 6, 8 work sets.

Dips, 3x10 no weight.

Dumbbell curls, supered with tricep push downs, 3x12 and 3x10-15 respectively

3x10 dumbbell laterals.

There was something else... well, maybe there wasn't. This is week 4 of 5 before deload week. I get a little less volume in in the later weeks, though intensity is good.

1 mile walk to warm up, 2 for LISS and all is good!
    Keep on killing it Cy!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Bracing for that bitch Idalia... shouldn't be TOO bad where we are but who knows?
    wango likes this.

Bracing for that bitch Idalia... shouldn't be TOO bad where we are but who knows?
    Yeah, was going to ask you about that. Although I’m thinking the overall intensity of walking against 70 mph winds would burn off a few more calories? Maybe put that weighted vest to use so you don’t blow away while your walking ????

Seriously though, good luck Cy.
    Cylon357 and stocky121 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Yeah, was going to ask you about that. Although I’m thinking the overall intensity of walking against 70 mph winds would burn off a few more calories? Maybe put that weighted vest to use so you don’t blow away while your walking ????

Seriously though, good luck Cy.
    Eh, slept right through it. Non factor here, though no joke in other places.

Blog Entries
    Deadlift day,and definitely starting to run out of gas, but I got this!

Deadlifts, 4 sets, mostly as an intense full body warmup.

Barbell rows, regular grip, 3x10. Nice focus on feel.

Lat pulldowns, parallel medium grip, 3x12.

3x30 barbell calf raises.

1 mile walk to warm up, 2 miles at the end for LISS, and it's done!

Blog Entries
    Blood work is in, looks pretty good. Will post up a little later.
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Blood work is in, looks pretty good. Will post up a little later.
    Blood work posted up below. It doesn't look half bad!

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...st-2023-a.html

Blog Entries
    Thursday was intended to be an off day, but instead I got in about 3 miles of walking: 2 in the morning, 1 in the evening. 11k total steps for the day.... not exactly an off day! I DID have to miss any formal work on Tuesday, due to hurricane prep, so it kind of made up for that.

Blog Entries
    Friday nights overhead press work out went to crap, but I still got a little something done.

I actually made it through over head presses with some good strength, 8, 8, 6, 8 for my work sets.

Pushups, 3x15

Then that was it. I was simply gassed. Not enough carbs for lunch, I guess. All good though, in the later weeks, the volume does tend to go down some.

Today, when the sun comes out real good and dries everything up some, I'm going to swing the hammer!

Thursday was intended to be an off day, but instead I got in about 3 miles of walking: 2 in the morning, 1 in the evening. 11k total steps for the day.... not exactly an off day! I DID have to miss any formal work on Tuesday, due to hurricane prep, so it kind of made up for that.
    You got the vest out yet?
    Cylon357 likes this.
    no open source posting

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121 View Post
    You got the vest out yet?
    Not yet. The knee and ankle both were dialoging with me today. I still got some stuff done tho...
    stocky121 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Man, today I have been tired as fudge all. I even fell asleep on the couch with the cats at one point.

Then I woke up again and got started!

I couldn't decide what to do, so got dressed and started walking.

That turned into a 2.5 mile walk, with a couple of jogs thrown in. The aforementioned knee and ankle did NOT appreciate this one bit. I did want to see if I could work through it, like maybe with a deep warmup, but not today. So I just upped the pace on the walk.

Then I decided to bust out the tire and hammer thing.

I did 5 two minute rounds of 16 hammer swings, 6 40lb slam ball slams, 12 more hammer swings, then 4 more slam ball slams.

At least that was the plan for the first two rounds, the later rounds may have missed a rep or 4. But, the heart was pounding and I made it through.

Another 1 mile walk to cool down, then shower, food, hanging with you heathens.
    Last edited by Cylon357; 09-02-2023 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Da fuq is coupon??
    Cuz, stocky121 and wango like this.

Blog Entries
    So today was an off day.

A 12k+ steps off day

Just some pressure washing of the lanai, cleaning, taking all the patio furniture out of the house and putting it back on the lanai, etc.

I am supposed to do squat day tomorrow, but I may shift everything one day this week. I need a real rest day, rather than a fake one like today. So, instead of MWF, I will do TTS to wrap week 5.

Have a good Labor Day, everyone!

Thread Information