Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree927Likes

Thread: Cylon357's Super Cool Covid 2020 Weight loss comp log!

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Alright alright alright, here we go again!

Second workout of the week since getting sick with the bronc'. Feeling better, but not yet 100%.

Did a Chest / shoulder workout, but really kept it simple. Barbell bench press, light dumbbell over head press, super setted with shrugs, then wrapping with skull crushers. I'm almost sure there was something else... 4 sets for everything, so 16 total and a relatively short 35 minute workout.

I DID feel pretty good, strength wise, though I know that if I really exerted myself, I would start breathing heavy and thus coughing to hack up a lung. Getting better though.

I also used the figure 8 loops on shrugs. It is a bit early to tell, but I think that I am going to like them. I kept the shrugs lite'ish, the straps will really get put through their paces when I do rows, deads or maybe chin ups for the first time after getting over this bronchitis.

Everything is cool otherwise, ladies and gents!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Squat day!

Still not quite 100%, but doing much better. So, I took it a little easy, but more challenging than the off week. Instead of week 1 of a 3 week cycle, maybe it is like week 0 of a 4 week cycle. That is, this will be more than a deload, but less than a full week, and instead of doing 3 weeks, I will do 4, counting this one.

The fuck am I on about? Damn, Cylon, STFU!

Anyhow....

Squat, back to my 15 rep weight, but only did 2 sets of 10. The breathing was getting a little challenging with the last of the bronchitis lingering a bit, and ironically the low back seemed weak. But, I got 'em done and book it, Jack!

Calf raises, 2x25, 1x20. Chinups, 9, 6, 5.

Leg extensions 3x10-12, leg curls 3x8-15

2x15 kettlebell swings wrapped the weights.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, none to cool down, but I will get LISS in tomorrow.

All is good!

Blog Entries
    In Joey Tribiani voice: "Bench day, baby!"

Started with barbell bench. Did my 8 rep weight for 2x6 and 1x5. It sucks not having a spotter, but my strength is coming back fine, and I am almost 100% over the bronchitis. I will still take it easy'ish for the rest of this week, then make a decision on next week when it arrives (Tuesday, I think).

I ordered some of Titan's dumbell spotter rack components, they were interesting. I did 3 sets of light dumbbell incline presses. I think they will take some getting used to, but should be cool. Maybe more for flat bench, but lets see how it goes.

After that, it was a hodge podge. I did dumbbell curls, 3x12, but I did the first 5 with heavier weight, then dropped to lighter dbells and did 7 more. That was an interesting variation, I guess.

Did some dumbbell overhead presses, 3x8. Finished the weights with 3x10 skull crushers, super setted with pushups, 3x15.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, nothing to cool down. Heading into Christmas weekend just about ready to chill, though work did try to harsh my juju today. It's OK, we got this!

Blog Entries
    Also, I'm going tomorrow to try to donate blood again. Back to the same location, BUT I will ask for a different phlebotomist if I get the same one as last time. Lets see how it goes...

Blog Entries
    I got a good donation yesterday, yay! Oh and the phlebotomist was this early 20s Puerto Rican lady that was S M O K I N G hot. I'm normally a boob guy, but she had those hips, thighs and eyes...
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

Blog Entries
    Back workout today, woo!

Deadlifts, the first time in maybe a month? Kept it light 4x6 to 8.

SORT of super setted barbell rows with chinups, 3x10 rows, 3x5 to 6 chinups.

Did some light hip thrusters off the heavy bag, 3x10.

Finished with 3x25 barbell calf raises.

Did about a 3/4 mile walk to warm up, nothing to cool down. This is the easy'ish week after the bronchitis, which is practically gone now, but not 100%.

And of course, Spotify served up a Christmas appropriate playlist:

Cylon357's Super Cool Covid 2020 Weight loss comp log!-spotifyc357christmaseve.jpg
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Pretty decent play list there; props for adding Slipknot and Anthrax. Whenever I see or hear Last in Line by Dio, I immediately think of a hilarious South Park episode.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Pretty decent play list there; props for adding Slipknot and Anthrax. Whenever I see or hear Last in Line by Dio, I immediately think of a hilarious South Park episode.
    With the Last in Line, take a listen to the Tenacious D version, which is pretty good.

Also, when I hear Dio, I think Why The F do we still have Putin but had to give up RJD??

Hope you and yours are having a good Christmas! Shoulder workout on my agenda shortly, then heading to the Indian restaurant!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Got me a quick shoulder workout in today.

Barbell over head press, 3x8 work sets.

Dips, no weight, 3x8

Shrugs, 3x15, super setted with close grip pushups, 3x15.

Dumbbell curls, super setted with french presses, 3x12 each.

That's it! Well, I did do about a half mile walk to warm up.... It is in the 40s here, which is nearly fatally cold to Florida People!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Squat day yesterday! Boogie boogie!

I got 12 on my previous 15 rep weight... CV is still the issue here. My blood pressure has been running a bit high (135 - 142 over 70's), which I believe is impacting me some. I need to clean up my diet (it has gone to shit over the past 6 weeks), shed some weight and MAYBE take a look at my dose. I pulled blood work on 125mg Test C per week, but I had only adjusted up like 4 weeks before that, so MAYBE I didn't get good numbers. I did get a good donation in about a week ago, and that feels like it did help. At any rate, I have bloodwork with the doc coming up in a couple of weeks, lets see what it looks like.

I did go for a second set with that weight, but The Wife came in asking questions during the middle of the set. I'm like "damn, normals don't get it. Don't do that stuff". I got 10 out of that set, probably had another 12 at least but that got into my head.

Calf work was next, 4x20 just off the floor, that is no block. Seemed to really get the inner calves for some reason.

Land mine rows were next, Jill! I did like 5 sets of 8-10, just because I always have a hard time finding the right path and foot placement on the first couple of sets. Then I get it dialed in and can REALLY feel it.

Leg extensions, 3x10-15, alternated with leg curls, 4x8-12 wrapped the formal weights.

For LISSy / MISSy stuff after the workout, I did:

2 minutes treadmill run
    6 pull ups
    1 minute rest
    2 minutes climber (with intervals)
    15 kettle bell swings
    1 minute rest

3 rounds of that, so like 21 work minutes total.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, then about 1/2 mile to cool down. I'm off this week, so I got to workout during daylight hours and the temp is coming back up... It was mid 60s during my walk. Very nice.

We went to Seasons 52 for The Wife's birthday after that. I had a "Kona Crusted Lamb Loin" that was fantastic. No leftovers!
    wango and Ghostman_SW like this.

Blog Entries
    Bench day, huzzah!

Audibled at the time of barbell benching to go a little heavier than I have been on my top sets, so did 2x2, then dropped down to my current working weight and did 1x9. Did I have triples in me on those 2x2? IDK, maybe. It's a bear to workout solo sometimes.... I could just get pinned and be done for.

Anyhow, dropped weight a little more and did 2x10 close grip for the triceps, then 1x15, 1x10 skull crushers. Noice tricep pump!

Did ezcurl bar curls, 2x8 with the same skull crusher weight, genuinely super setted with light dumbbell curls, 2x8. Jeenkees!

Did some dumbbell laterals, 2x10, then wrapped with some dumbbell flyes, 2x10.

1/2 mile walk to warm up, 1 mile to cool down and for a lil' bit o' the LISS.

That's all I got today!

Blog Entries
    Deadlifts AGAIN today. That is two weeks in a row... are they back in the rotation?

Nah, but I do like working them into the routine on occasion.

Did deads, 3 warm up sets, only two work sets, but they were fairly intense as I hadn't gone quite this heavy in a bit. I did get to use the figure 8 lifting straps... They were interesting. Not sure I like them a LOT but they do set up nice and quick.

Barbell rows followed, 3x9. Love the dead lift / row combo.

3x6 chin ups, varied grips.

3x6 light front squats, 3x30 light calf raises.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 1.5 to cool down. Showered, then enjoyed some "Hoppin' John" The Wife made.

Happy New Year, brothers and sisters!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Took my first shot of PC Test C that I have NOT filtered today. That is, I drew a shot straight out of their vial, rather than filtering all of their product into a sterile vial and drawing from there. I was probably being overly cautious anyhow, but my previous experience with another UGL made me paranoid as hell. 24 hours should tell the tale...
    Ghostman_SW and wango like this.

Blog Entries
    Overhead press day today.

Did barbell over head presses, just didn't dilly dally getting to the work weight. 1x6, 1x4 heavy work sets, 2x8 lighter weight for the pump.

Dips followed, 3x8, no weight but tried some different hand placement.

Barbell shrugs, light'ish weight, 1x10, then added some weight and did 2x8. I don't normally do barbell shrugs because my donger gets in the way, but eh, I'm at home so I can work around it

Set up the pulley rig thing and did pushdowns super setted with barbell curls, 3x12 on the pushdowns, 3x8 on the curls.

Left the pulley rig in place and did sort of a tri-set of cable flyes, dumbell laterals and reverse cable flyes (almost like a face pull). 2 rounds, various reps, though all were at least 10 each.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 mile to cool down and now all is chill.
    Last edited by Cylon357; 01-03-2023 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Fxed OP sets
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Oh and no reaction from the Test C, no bruise, sign of infection or lump. I guess I really was just being paranoid, but better safe than sorry, once bitten, twice shy etc.
    wango and Ghostman_SW like this.

Blog Entries
    Squat day AGAIN! This feels kind of like a shower: I do one every 8 days, whether I need it or not.

Anyhow...

Was looking to at least get back to 15, but man, I felt it not. I got to 6 on my first set and was like bleah, this must be week 3 (it is).

So, I audibled.

Instead of doing 1x15, I said 'hmm, gotta be creative' and decided to do 8x3, every minute on the minute do a set of 3. What is left over is rest time, on the minute the, next set starts. I actually ended up doing 10x3 like that. First 6 were normal stance, 7 and 8 were narrow, and 9 and 10 were wider stance. I was huffing and puffing, not like the 1x15 has done me before, but still had a nice sweat and heart rate going.

Did some barbell calf raises next, 3x20.

Pullups, 3x6. Ironically, given how my first heavy squat set went, I felt pretty strong on this and was easily putting my chin well over the bar. Go figure.

Leg extensions and leg curls, 4 sets of each. 10-15 on extensions, 8-12 on the curls. I did the last few reps of the last set with a S L O W lowering of the weight and felt the bern. Err, felt the burn, not the Bern. Politics aside, I have no interest in feeling Bernie. I might watch "Weekend at Bernie's" but THAT is a whole different thing.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 1.5 to cool down and feeling good!
    Last edited by Cylon357; 01-05-2023 at 09:16 PM.
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Simple bench workout today as I was strapped for time.

Barbell bench, 3x6 work sets.

3x8 close grip bench

3x12 ez-curl bar curls to wrap.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, nothing for cool down.

Went to a free concert at the local amphitheater. An AC/DC cover band.... eh it was OK, but it was free and literally 5 minutes (or less) from the house, so I'll take it!

Blog Entries
    Nice little back workout tonight.

Did barbell rows, sort of pyarmided the weight 10, 10, 6, 6, 8

Pull ups were next 5x5, various grips.

Did some narrow, parallel grip landmine rows, 4x10. I used the short barbell (4 footer) and it was not ideal. I will stick to the 6 footer from now on, the proper 7 foot olympic barbell doesn't get used for this. Plus, I don't really have the space to use the 7 footer on the land mine.

Light front squats, 3x6-8.

Barbell calf raises, 2x30, super setted with calf raises off the block with the farmers walk handles, 2x15.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, then for MISS / LISS at the end I did 3 2minute run (ok, JOG) intervals with 1 minute walking between them, then walked another mile or so.

I left the farmers walk handles setup for something HIIT'y I am percolating for Friday at lunch... details (and potential light headedness) to follow!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Wooooo week 3 kicking my ass!

Overhead press workout of sorts, but just a few things got done.

Barbell overhead press, normalish weights.

Shrugs with the farmers walks handles.

Ez curl bar curls wrapped it.

That was it. Still have a HIIT thing planned for Friday, though it may get scaled back, depending on how I feel. The end of week 3 is always tough, but let's see!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    "Hammer time!"

Actually, did a circuit style workout today, that basically looked like this:

2 minutes on tread mill (10 minute mile pace)
    2 minutes swinging various hammers and hammer like things at the big tire
    2 minutes putting the gloves on and working the heavy bag

1 minute rest between exercises, and 3 "super rounds", so 18 work minutes total.

I moved the tire into the big bay of the garage because it was a little chilly outside today. That means I couldn't swing the big hammer, but brought that 12 lb slam ball out in its place. Basically, 8 swings with the slam ball, each hand. Alternating swings in each hand with the 4lb short handle sledges, and then 8 slams with the 40 pounds lam ball. If there was any time left in the 2 minutes, I started over again with the slam ball.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 1.25 or so to cool down.

NOICE!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Alright so deload week officially starts now!

But I did get in a HIIT'y thing. You know, I don't know if HIIT is the right term. But you know what? Y'all are all smart ladies and gentlemen, so you tell me.

I did 5 rounds of 2 minute hammer swings, slam ball smashes on the tire, 1 minute between rounds, with a random 2 minute shadow boxing round thrown in the middle for a total of 6 work rounds. 1/2 mile walk to warm up, 1.25 or so to cool down.

Deload starts now, will probably do some light weights Wednesday, then maybe some LISS one day, more light weights on the weekend.

Life is good!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Squat workout to start week 1!

Did my previous 1x15 weight for 2x10. Did not want to jump straight back to 15 because I haven't squatted in almost 2 weeks. Anyhow, still was huffy and puffy, and that low back was dialoging with me about it, but it's all good! Lowered weight and did 1x10 narrow stance to try to get the outer quads.

Did 4x6 pullups, various grips, no weight.

3x25 barbell calf raises off a block.

Leg extensions and Leg curls, 2x15-20 on the extensions, 2x10-15 on the curls.

Did 2 minute run intervals, 1 minute rest, 5 total rounds, then a 1 minute run, walked maybe another 1/2 mile to chill.

Watching football now!

BTW, got my full blood work back... E2 Sensitive at 54 (29 top of range), both total and free t and upper-mid range. Like WTF? Posting full bloods in a separate thread, just now I know why my BP seems to have been up.
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Bench workout tonight.

Work weight, 1x6 1x7

Dips, no weight 4x10, was really feeling it in the chest and triceps.

Skull crushers, 3x10-12 super setted with ez-curl bar curls, 3x10.

Lateral raises, 3x10.

That was it for the weights. Did 3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 to cool down, and all is good now.

2 mile walk yesterday for LISS.

The cut begins today!
    wango likes this.

Fresh2death is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Bench workout tonight.

Work weight, 1x6 1x7

Dips, no weight 4x10, was really feeling it in the chest and triceps.

Skull crushers, 3x10-12 super setted with ez-curl bar curls, 3x10.

Lateral raises, 3x10.

That was it for the weights. Did 3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 to cool down, and all is good now.

2 mile walk yesterday for LISS.

The cut begins today!
    Good timing! My bulk begins soon
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh2death View Post
    Good timing! My bulk begins soon
    I try to time bulks with the holidays, since we are overeating at that time anyhow lol

Fresh2death is offline Junior Member
    I try to time bulks with the holidays, since we are overeating at that time anyhow lol
    Any gear on the cut?
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh2death View Post
    Any gear on the cut?
    Nothing to speak of over trt. Maybe some low dose proviron , but that ought to be part of trt, maybe a little growth, we will see.

Blog Entries
    Easy'ish back day. I cut too many calories today and didn't have the gas. Still, got some stuff done.

Started with pull-ups, various grips, 6x6.

Set up the landmine attachment and did landmine rows, 6x10.

2x6 front squats, super light weight.

Reverse hypers super setted with hyper extensions, 3x10 each.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 1.25 to cool down and for a little LISS, all is good now!
    wango likes this.

Easy'ish back day. I cut too many calories today and didn't have the gas. Still, got some stuff done.

Started with pull-ups, various grips, 6x6.

Set up the landmine attachment and did landmine rows, 6x10.

2x6 front squats, super light weight.

Reverse hypers super setted with hyper extensions, 3x10 each.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 1.25 to cool down and for a little LISS, all is good now!
    It’s really “fun” trying to workout with mega-depleted calories. Good luck & try not to pass out, lol.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Good little shoulder workout today.

I started with overhead barbell press (like what a surprise??). I got right up to my work sets of 6, 2. The 6 was a stretch but they were good solid reps. Another one of those cases where if I had done 5, I might could have got another set of 5, but eh, I left nothing on the table for that first work set. Dropped and did sets of 8, then dropped some more and did a 6 repper. My pressing was done!

Did 3x15 pushups off the handles, then set up the barbell for shrugs and did 1x10, 2x8. How the fuzzknuck do you keep the barbell from rubbing your donger??

Did pushdowns, 3x10, super setted with 3x12-15 dumbbell curls.

Set up the cables and did cable flyes, 3x10, semi - super setted with reverse delt flyes, 3x10.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 mile to cool down. The Wife and I went for a nice dinner and my one cheat meal a week. Surf and Turf for me! Sirloin and shrimp, Jack! No tots this time, but some fries and a couple of drinks so I'm so chill ice thinks I'm cold
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    OHHHH YEAAAHHHH, Jack, SQUAT DAY!

Got to my work weight, my previous 15 repper, ended up doing 12, 6, 8, 6. The last two sets had one minute between them. I think the quest for 20 is getting a bit grindy and I might need to retool and recharge, so to speak. Anyhow, dropped weight and then did 1x8 narrow stance.

Barbell calf raises off the block, 3x30, super setted with a 40# dumbbell in each hand, off the block 3x20. Fire, ladies and gents, fire!

Pullups, 3x6, all good solid reps. Started with a conventional wide grip, then went to a parallel wide grip, then a narrower palms facing at a 45 degree angle. Good stuff for not a back day.

Leg extensions 3x12, semi-super setted with curls, 3x10.

3x15 kettlebell swings, 60 seconds rest between to do the needful and wrap up today.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 to cool down. All good!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Just a little over 2 mile walk this morning, fasted, right after getting up. I have done a couple of stretch the legs walks to get my total to 11k. Good enough for a LISS day!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    BTW, I switched to prescribed injections now. The doc prescribed 140mg a week in 2 subq injections, along with 600-800iu hcg per week. No negative reaction from the cottonseed oil from Hikma, so I call that all good!

Also, added 25mg per day (12.5mg am and pm) and presently doing 1'ish IU of zptrop 5 nights a week. Too early to tell on that. And I say 1'ish because it is a 16iu vial that I will inject from 15 times, so there is the "ish" part.
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Bench workout today, y'all!

Barbell bench to start. After the "feeling grind'y*" on squat day, decided to up the weight a little and drop the reps just a hair on the heavy sets. 2x3 on the heavy work sets, bookended by 4 with my previous work weight (to warm up) and 6 or 8 with that same weight after to get some more reps.

Moved to close grip bench 3x10, semi super setted with barbell curls 3x10.

Dumbell flyes semi super setted with dumbbell laterals 3x10 each.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, almost 2 for LISS and cool down. Sitting at a hair over 10k steps for the day, so I will take it as a win!

* = grind'y, as in "a bit repetitive and wearing", not grindER, which evidently is a gay tinder or some thing. No homo. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    wango likes this.

Bench workout today, y'all!

Barbell bench to start. After the "feeling grind'y*" on squat day, decided to up the weight a little and drop the reps just a hair on the heavy sets. 2x3 on the heavy work sets, bookended by 4 with my previous work weight (to warm up) and 6 or 8 with that same weight after to get some more reps.

Moved to close grip bench 3x10, semi super setted with barbell curls 3x10.

Dumbell flyes semi super setted with dumbbell laterals 3x10 each.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, almost 2 for LISS and cool down. Sitting at a hair over 10k steps for the day, so I will take it as a win!

* = grind'y, as in "a bit repetitive and wearing", not grindER, which evidently is a gay tinder or some thing. No homo. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Grind’y is a perfect word. When joints finally do make that sound loud enough to be audible, it’s something to behold.

Blog Entries
    Back day today, wooooooo!

I was going to do deadlifts, but my quads are still not quite ready for deads of any weight. Plus, I had a light lunch that threw me off.

I did get in there tho.

Started with pullups, 4x6 with varying grips.

Seated good mornings, light 3x8-10. This is partly to make up for missing deads, and partly to strengthen the lower back. The strongest I have ever been with squat and deads is when I had seated good mornings in the rotation, so we will show what it does for the next couple of months or so.

Barbell calf raises, 3x25.

Barbell rows, 3x8.

That was it, but intense enough to get a little sweat going.

1 mile walk to warm up, nothing to cool down. I was gassed from mistiming meals...

Blog Entries
    A little sample of the stash. The mast p and nand p arrived today, thinking about a mini blast involving just a tad of the three Ps (Test, nand, mast) and my regular trt dose of 140mg per week.

Cylon357's Super Cool Covid 2020 Weight loss comp log!-20230204_135044.jpg
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Saturday was a nice cardio day of
    1 mile walk

3 rounds of
    2 minute run on the treadmill, with intervals
    1 minute rest
    2 minutes on the climber with intervals
    1 minute rest

1 mile walk.

Not too bad!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Over head press day today!

Started with barbell over head press, got my work sets.

3x8-10 dips, no weight.

3x10-12 shrugs, 90lbs each side with the farmers walk handles.

3x10 dumbbell curls

3x10 skull crushers

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 mile to cool down.

Decided to hang a light fixture on one of our pre-existing ceiling fans. Found out that of course, and I mean OF COURSE the builder didn't wire it properly. It has the light wires, just not hooked up properly. GRRR I had the same situation with the fan in my home office, ended up replacing that fan with a Hunter. I will try to pull the cover on this one and see if I can re-wire it without taking it down. We will see...
    Last edited by Cylon357; 02-07-2023 at 12:45 PM.
    wango likes this.

A little sample of the stash. The mast p and nand p arrived today, thinking about a mini blast involving just a tad of the three Ps (Test, nand, mast) and my regular trt dose of 140mg per week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230204_135044.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1,023.8 KB 
ID:	182367
    Enjoy. I’ll live vicariously through your adventure.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Thread Information