Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree1449Likes

Thread: MuscleScience's Iron Lab

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    The sad thing is there are so many brands and lines out there and they don't stick around for long. And Honestly, 95% of supplements are worthless anyway. I think most of the Pros know it, but endorsement is a way of supplementing their incomes. For me if I was in that position, I think I might be of the opinion that as long as it's not harmful I will endorse product X. Knowing full well that it's probably worthless. I don't know though, I'm not in that position.
    I would sell it saying not to use much because it is bad for you in high doses, just to sell more. Oh! "Of course, do not use if you are under the age of 25 because much like anabolics it can wreak havoc on the endocrine system if you are not fully developed."

That protein powder would fly off the shelves!
    Containers would be lining the ditches at every high school football field.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I would sell it saying not to use much because it is bad for you in high doses, just to sell more. Oh! "Of course, do not use if you are under the age of 25 because much like anabolics it can wreak havoc on the endocrine system if you are not fully developed."

That protein powder would fly off the shelves!
    Containers would be lining the ditches at every high school football field.
    Very true, on the radio I hear fat loss products advertise that if someone loses X amount of weight in a month to discontinue and consult a physician. It's rather brilliant marketing.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning everyone! well got to get my honey do's out of the way before I do anything :/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Good morning everyone! well got to get my honey do's out of the way before I do anything :/
    Morning song, I'm out drinking my morning coffee and checking on the tomato plants to see if I can make fresh salsa tonight lol
    almostgone, songdog and RaginCajun like this.

Blog Entries
    Went to do a chest workout yesterday and switched it to arms. My right shoulder was still a bit toasted from heavy (for me) flat bench press.

I shot some hoops by myself for the first time in over 2 years. My knee felt good doing it, but today I woke up with some mild soreness. So I got some work to still do with my rehab it seems.
    RaginCajun likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Good morning everyone yeah MS I got some green beans out of my garden yesterday along with a few cukes.I had a hawk kill one of my chickens that's the 2nd time that's happened.I do believe it's pay back time.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good morning everyone yeah MS I got some green beans out of my garden yesterday along with a few cukes.I had a hawk kill one of my chickens that's the 2nd time that's happened.I do believe it's pay back time.
    We've had so much rain, our garden has kinda fell flat. Tomatoes are about the only thing producing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Hawks poaching your hens is a problem. Hawks only respond to one thing, pure unapologetic force. If you don't, they will sense weakness and then they will be after your wife and kids next...

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    We've had so much rain, our garden has kinda fell flat. Tomatoes are about the only thing producing.

We haven't had rain much at all here.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    unapologetic
    Thank you for your daily contrib into expanding my English vocabulary.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Good morning everone yes I agree with you MS those hawks are a pain and the worst part was it was at my front door!Well it's nice the guy who owns all the land around here is fixing the drive way where the dump trucks rutted it up That was a bad stretch on this 470yd drive way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Thank you for your daily contrib into expanding my English vocabulary.
    It means zero fucks given
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post

I have been driving for two hours trying to get 20 miles. All roads but one flooded kc is underwater in many aces.

Obs
    But hey, my tomatoes are kickin butt.

Blog Entries
    I have been driving for two hours trying to get 20 miles. All roads but one flooded kc is underwater in many aces.
    I just Left KC, I didn't hear about the flooding until an hour ago lol

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    I just Left KC, I didn't hear about the flooding until an hour ago lol
    It was fast. 36 people rescued in the city.

Blog Entries
    It was fast. 36 people rescued in the city.
    I just found out where it was at. I use to live right where they were doing some of the rescues. 8-9 years ago there was another huge flood that killed a guy. My apartment got flooded out, I heard the water coming down the little valley roe st is at. When they say flash flood they mean it. I saw a wall of water rush by my apartment, craziest thing.
    Obs likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I just found out where it was at. I use to live right where they were doing some of the rescues. 8-9 years ago there was another huge flood that killed a guy. My apartment got flooded out, I heard the water coming down the little valley roe st is at. When they say flash flood they mean it. I saw a wall of water rush by my apartment, craziest thing.
    Wow, that's crazy!

Obs
    Finally got where I was going. We went in on 2hwy and 1 hour later on the way back through the flooding had risen over that highway and was over the road for about half a mile. It was only a few inches deep so we made it across right as a bunch of state guys came to close the road. We would have been royally screwed.

Obs
    Attachment 170088
    Attachment 170089
    This is Freeman Mo at the BP oil refinery.
    When we went through the water was at the bottom of the doors on the two cars and one hour later they were nearly submerged.
    Just my opinion but wouldnt you think the corps of engineers would be trying to at least pump the water away from the leak berms around the 500,000 gallon tanks, just in case the water caused a leak??? Its kinda weird to see that.
    Last edited by Obs; 07-27-2017 at 09:36 PM.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Blog Entries
    Attachment 170088
    Attachment 170089
    When we went through the water was at the bottom of the doors on the two cars and one hour later they were nearly submerged.
    Just my opinion but wouldnt you think the corps of engineers would be trying to at least pump the water away from the leak berms around the 500,000 gallon tanks, just in case the water caused a leak??? Its kinda weird to see that.
    Jesus, that's crazy
    songdog likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Attachment 170088
    Attachment 170089
    It seems they don't do preventive measures, the only do that when things go wrong.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Good Morning everyone! another rainy day here but it's looking like a nice weekend
    BG and MuscleScience like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    It seems they don't do preventive measures, the only do that when things go wrong.
    This is why I live on top of a hill.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    This is why I live on top of a hill.
    Lol me too!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    Forgot to update yesterday.

Got a really good leg workout in without any knee pain. That's 3 workouts in a row now that I have been able to string together without any complications. I am not going to jinx it but I feel like I am finally back to being injury free.

I have really radically changed my leg days. BG made a great point about adapting training to go along with reality as we age and injuries pill up.

The biggest change I made is how and when I do squats. I love love love to squat and squat heavy. In the past I had judged my leg days based on how good my squat went. All other exercises were ancillary.

Now squat is an ancillary exercise that I do after I'm midway through a workout. I'm still going heavy for my levels of fatigue. My thought is though, if I'm already mid way through a workout and my legs are fatigued. Squatting heavier than my body will allow isn't possible as I can't get even close to my heavy weight. So far it's gone great, I squated 225 for 10 reps with zero pain on my last set. I know I could go heavier if I started earlier in the workout but would my knee hold up as well? I got just as good a workout and my legs were pumped. So in my mind it was an excellent workout and the risk of injury is reduced.
    ghettoboyd and OdinsOtherSon like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Today was back and biceps.

My legs were super sore from yesterday's workout and I was really fighting cramping and dehydration. I did a nice long warmup before I lifted today to prime my body. For some reason this go round my traps have really been building up well. Traps had always been a weakness in the past, but now they are growing and I even have veins in them. Never had that before, maybe it's just my time for them to grow.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good morning everyone! well MS I lost another one of my chickens yesterday evening in the same spot and the rest didn't come back last nite.I believe it's time to kill wats killing my chickens.I would like to have a set up like the old coyote trappers had but on a decoy.They pull on the bait a rd goes off in their mouth.But with a hawk it would be a gut shot or I could spend countless hrs in my garage waiting with my turkey gun.

Got a really good leg workout in without any knee pain. That's 3 workouts in a row now that I have been able to string together without any complications. I am not going to jinx it but I feel like I am finally back to being injury free.

I have really radically changed my leg days. BG made a great point about adapting training to go along with reality as we age and injuries pill up.

The biggest change I made is how and when I do squats. I love love love to squat and squat heavy. In the past I had judged my leg days based on how good my squat went. All other exercises were ancillary.

Now squat is an ancillary exercise that I do after I'm midway through a workout. I'm still going heavy for my levels of fatigue. My thought is though, if I'm already mid way through a workout and my legs are fatigued. Squatting heavier than my body will allow isn't possible as I can't get even close to my heavy weight. So far it's gone great, I squated 225 for 10 reps with zero pain on my last set. I know I could go heavier if I started earlier in the workout but would my knee hold up as well? I got just as good a workout and my legs were pumped. So in my mind it was an excellent workout and the risk of injury is reduced.
    I'm in the midst of learning this same lesson. I turned 43 last week and sometimes it's hard to face the realities of how my body is changing. A lot of things are actually for the better but others aren't. Learning how to adapt when you've been used to using, essentially, the same play book for 25 years can play with your head. I feel your pain MS!!

Good morning everyone! well MS I lost another one of my chickens yesterday evening in the same spot and the rest didn't come back last nite.I believe it's time to kill wats killing my chickens.I would like to have a set up like the old coyote trappers had but on a decoy.They pull on the bait a rd goes off in their mouth.But with a hawk it would be a gut shot or I could spend countless hrs in my garage waiting with my turkey gun.
    Keep your eyes peeled for him hanging out on a power line or fence post, then a .22 will do the job for you...just got to keep it handy. That's why my old man always keeps one behind the seat of his pick-up. Lol

Blog Entries
    We can't legally shoot hawks here. I don't know how I would deal with them.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hire a picciotto to do the job for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Hire a picciotto to do the job for you.
    I don't know any Italians

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Chest/shoulders/tris

Good workout tonight, my upper body is putting on mass like crazy. My shoulders have really started to grow recently. It's been a point of emphasis in my training. I have in the past not focused much on shoulders and arms since they grow well with just pressing and pulling exercises. But I have decided that I am going to build those up especially the shoulders to have that wide shoulder look and help with my V-taper in preparation for competing if I decide to do it.
    OdinsOtherSon and ghettoboyd like this.

Blog Entries

I have adapted my leg training in the last few years like you to work around injurys and getting older so I too pre fatigue my legs with leg extensions and heavy leg presses before I squat so I don't have to go any higher than 315 but It allows me to use perfect form without worry...

Good morning everyone nice day today and yes MS we are not allowed to shoot hawks either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I have adapted my leg training in the last few years like you to work around injurys and getting older so I too pre fatigue my legs with leg extensions and heavy leg presses before I squat so I don't have to go any higher than 315 but It allows me to use perfect form without worry...
    315 is going to be my working rep goal eventually. I think for me, that's the sweet spot between both rep range and heavy enough to stimulate my legs without much risk of injury.
    ghettoboyd and songdog like this.

Blog Entries
    Good morning everyone nice day today and yes MS we are not allowed to shoot hawks either.
    Lucky for them...

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    315 is going to be my working rep goal eventually. I think for me, that's the sweet spot between both rep range and heavy enough to stimulate my legs without much risk of injury.
    its plenty heavy enough.... if I'm feeling it I just do a few more reps...

Obs
    .243 @ 300-500 yards is the most fun way to deal with them. Its like prarie dog hunting except its not just tearing up your field with burrows, it killing your livestock.
    I only cater to the law so far.
    Hawks are in no way endangerd and can be a real pain in the ass.

Lucky for them...
    No it isn't!

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread Information