Page 362 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 2623123523573583593603613623633643653663673724124628621362 ... LastLast
Results 14,441 to 14,480 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ
    Had a rushed leg sesh today, it was highly effective. Legs are obliterated! To top it off - as I finished up a very attractive young lady asked for my advice and help on hip thrusts, winning!
    The best way to do hip thrusts is with her on top.

Can't wait to smash some legs when I get off work!!!
    DrewZ likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Work has been extra hectic. Just woke up; headed to the shop to hit legs. It's pushing 85° so it ought to be interesting.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Work has been extra hectic. Just woke up; headed to the shop to hit legs. It's pushing 85° so it ought to be interesting.
    Sweat it out big boy !!!
    almostgone likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Only.85 lol....where r u....lol. hit like 95 today with humidity felt.like 108
    almostgone likes this.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    ^^
    Hahaha, let me know when you reach the 120's

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Sweat it out big boy !!!
    Oh, I did a great job of that, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Only.85 lol....where r u....lol. hit like 95 today with humidity felt.like 108
    Uggghhh....but you guys get the 4:33 p.m. thunderstorm daily...right? I'm in very rural SC and only have fans in my shop, no AC, so it gets messy sometimes for this old man.

Tell.you guys what....if someone had came up to me this time last year and told me that I would be back in my shop lifting within a year and during August to boot....well, I would've told them they are as full of sh!t as a Christmas turkey.
    This thread and all of y'all have really helped me get back moving towards where I want to be going.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-21-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    DrewZ, Giggle and 64509chvl like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Believe the urethane sleeves and leg extension/ curl machine are 2 of the best things I've done for my knees recently. I noticed during hacks that my knees felt like they moved/tracked waaay smoother.
    Kel, the advice on setting the position of the arm worked perfectly. I found the spots that would set it to load up the muscles right away/eliminate free play, and put a witness mark @ each point.
    Back is still nagging, but it's kind of a background pain.

Toe touches and rack stretches
    Leg extensions-2 w/u, Work-8-4-1. Nice even positive/neg. on these.Still playing with the weight.
    Crunches-2 sets....just to test drive my lower back.
    Calves-2 w/u, Work1-10-5-3, drop, Work2-7.
    Hacks-1 w/u, Work-10-3-1
    Leg curls-1 w/u, Work-10-6. Still finding my weight on these, but believe I'll put them in last next lift.
    Leg press-2 w/u, Work-3-drop-5-1. (new weight).
    Power thrust- didn't get these in this time because I'm still a tad leery about the back and because my legs were smoked. Waddled/teetered back to house slowly.

Time=57 min.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-22-2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: added time...
    marcus300 and clarky. like this.

Killed legs. Started out with a good stretch my hips have been really right lately.

Front squats
    2 warm up sets
    2 feel
    1 to failure

Leg press
    2 sets to failure
    Double drop on last set

Leg extensions
    2 sets to failure
    Triple drop set

Leg curls
    3 sets of 10
    Drop on last set
    Hamstrings have been somewhat tight as well don't want to push it

Stiff leg dl
    3 sets
    Drop set on final to failure

Calve crap

15 minutes on the step mill legs are fried. Had to crawl to the car practically. Will sleep great tonight.
    almostgone, clarky. and marcus300 like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    First tren injection. Off to train legs
    I would never run that sh*t again cuz.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    I would never run that sh*t again cuz.
    Why?

Why?
    Non stop sweating could not eat nor sleep back acne was very bad I had to go to the doc it was that bad. Training was a night mare mate because of no sleep and not eating worst cycle i ever did cuz so it's not for me.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Non stop sweating could not eat nor sleep back acne was very bad I had to go to the doc it was that bad. Training was a night mare mate because of no sleep and not eating worst cycle i ever did cuz so it's not for me.
    Well I hate that man. Hopefully I can tolerate it.

Hope so mate. ppl rave about it you might do great.
    Cuz likes this.

Fllifter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz

I think it's something everyone has to try once. One day I'm going to try it.

Where has the big guy been?

He recently posted up that work is keeping him very busy, but checks in on this thread regularly.

Got a question for you guys/ladies that wear neoprene sleeves. Do y'all just hand wash with laundry detergent, rinse, and air dry? I saved the insert/packaging that came with mine but it seems to have disappeared....I strongly suspect a mastiff is involved.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-23-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: ....eliminated evidence of a brain fart...

Got a question for you guys/ladies that wear urethane sleeves. Do y'all just hand wash with laundry detergent, rinse, and air dry? I saved the insert/packaging that came with mine but it seems to have disappeared....I strongly suspect a mastiff is involved.
    I was going to hand wash and air dry, but it doesnt smell...yet?

I dont know if it has some antimicrobial properties to the material or what.

I think I still have the insert somewhere, I will report back if I find it.

EDIT: Oops I see you said urethane, mine is Neoprene - like a wet suit.

Oops...I screwed that post up. Machining some urethane and got sidetracked.
    Meant neoprene.....Rehband sleeves. Mine don't smell bad...yet. Just see the potential for it in the future.
    Thanks, Drew!
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-23-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Where has the big guy been?
    I sent him to his room for having to much muscle i'll let him out shortly
    almostgone likes this.

leanmachine6 is offline Associate Member
    just done legs my self and are killing ! will train hamstrings separately in 3 days.

4 sets squat 2 warm up 2 working 8-10 reps
    3 sets walking lunges 30m per set 1 warm up 2 working with dumbells
    3 sets leg press narrow foot position for 10 reps then wide stance for another 10, 20 reps each set
    2 working sets leg extensions
    2 sets calf raises superset with another calf raise exercises

barely walk up the stairs and all done within 45 minutes.
    clarky. likes this.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Between issues in the home, and now the neck injury I've been drinking too much lately. Just can't seem to channel the energy in the right direction lately. I had it for a while, but now it's caught up to my mind.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    Between issues in the home, and now the neck injury I've been drinking too much lately. Just can't seem to channel the energy in the right direction lately. I had it for a while, but now it's caught up to my mind.
    Hang in there D. Things will look up eventually im sure buddy

Get rid of it. Remind yourself of your goals...what you're trying to achieve and find the balance between your home life and your goals.
    Again, push the negative away, Dpyle. These things come and go in cycles. The tougher it gets, the tougher you'll be, and you'll find your focus/energy and things will level out for you!
    You know how stubborn us Southern guys are. Sit down, think your home situation through, and you'll figure it out.
    Don't know if it will help your neck injury, but when my back does the stupid spasm thing, rolling it with a baseball gives me a little relief. Sounds like the script relaxer isn't helping?
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-23-2014 at 11:49 PM.
    Cuz likes this.

Feeling relatively decent this morning. Busy as a madman @ work. Plan to ask the wife to work my lower back over with the baseball again this morning. Shooting for a really mean arm session this evening.
    DCI likes this.

Feeling relatively decent this morning. Busy as a madman @ work. Plan to ask the wife to work my lower back over with the baseball again this morning. Shooting for a really mean arm session this evening.
    X2 on that AG it's bi's for me today in about 1 hour.
    almostgone likes this.

Go whoop them, Clarky!
    clarky. likes this.

Did bi's i changed it up again today. warm up set and some stretching.

Standing db curl 3 sets drop - 3 sets drop - 3 sets

Incline db curl 3 sets no drops

Bb curl 3 sets drop - 3 sets drop - 3 sets

The rep range was not high 10-14 and on the last set of each ex it was down
    to 6-8. Great burn especially on the slow neg and palms facing forward.
    Again only 3 ex but it was a great workout.

64509chvl is offline Associate Member
    Took a deload last week...from training & working on our property, lol!

Did Shoulders this morning...

Was doing seated press with 75lb DB's for 7 reps before deload. Today I went to 77.5 with the Power blocks & repp'd 9 of them bad dogs...felt good & siked me up. So I did 5 drops in 10lb increments down to 37.5's & got 4 reps with that weight, lol! Totally destroyed it.

Continued with side DB raises with 1 workset & 2 drops with 1/2 & 1/4 reps. Went to seated bent over rear delts...1 workset & 2 drops with 1/2 & 1/4 reps. Then burned out with shrugs. Great workout today!

Gonna continue training in the AM before work this week...last week went good with the AM workouts (4 AM) but it was only like 20 min workouts (deload)...so I'll see how the real deal goes this week !

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Will be training chest and biceps soon. Im geared up and ive ate good. Should get a decent pump. Will report.
    DCI and almostgone like this.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Back and shoulders today. Didn't do deads due to a tweak in my lower back.

High pulley rows, v grip and wide grip pull downs, then high pulley rows.
    Seated BB shoulder press, then standing DB press. I was exhausted by the time I was done.

My funny gym realization of the day. . I managed to get all that done in about 50 minutes. In that time, one pair of fellows had been there when I showed up, and still there when I left. . And the only muscle they worked the entire time was biceps. LOL!

Vascularity is showing up consistently. I'm really enjoying going to the gym, there's so much more equipment then what I have at home

Ok, this is getting frustrating/ridiculous. I went to lift, did some toe touches, and right when I stand up my lower back starts spasming, and I almost hit the ground. Tried to walk it off but it kept knotting up. The wife is rolling it w/a baseball right now. Guess I'll hit the lift again in the morning and see how it rolls.
    Does anyone think one of those deep tissue massages would be useful? I've got a Dr. app't late this week and I think there's a place in the same building @ the health campus.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Ok, this is getting frustrating/ridiculous. I went to lift, did some toe touches, and right when I stand up my lower back starts spasming, and I almost hit the ground. Tried to walk it off but it kept knotting up. The wife is rolling it w/a baseball right now. Guess I'll hit the lift again in the morning and see how it rolls.
    Does anyone think one of those deep tissue massages would be useful? I've got a Dr. app't late this week and I think there's a place in the same building @ the health campus.
    That sucks man. Hopefully the massage will relieve some pressure. You may have to give it a rest for a few days?

64509chvl is offline Associate Member
    Unfortunately I agree with the rest...it usually is the best way to heal. Just sucks!

If it's injured the massage will aggravate it. Just rest bro

How did you originally hurt it?
    I was having this problem too and the only way I got relief was a good chiro and rest.
    I had hurt mine warming up on deads.

It's still not 100% but its probably 90% 2-3 months after the fact.

Mine was low back

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    How did you originally hurt it?
    I was having this problem too and the only way I got relief was a good chiro and rest.
    I had hurt mine warming up on deads.

It's still not 100% but its probably 90% 2-3 months after the fact.

Mine was low back
    It started acting up a few weeks ago while doing crunches before a back session. I got through the back session but noticed I had a slight twist during deads.
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll continue with the Nsaids and try to work around it as much as I can. Massaging it seems to kill the spasms??
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-24-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Hope you get this sorted soon mate you've been getting a bit of bother from this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    When life throws you some issues you have to deal with head on and don't let the momentum of feeling down get a hold of you. Drinking will multiple your low feelings and thoughts even though you may think its a relief at the time all it does is increase the problems your trying to block out and can cause further problems down the line. Look at each problem and find a solution sometimes life knocks us down and you have to look at these knocks as challenges to get over and don't let the depression set in. You wont always feel like this your not going to stay in this position for the rest of your life and things will get better and you will be stronger for it but help yourself and never add to it. First thing to attack is your drinking then you can address the rest.

Best of luck and don't let anything beat you
    BG and almostgone like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Ahh that sucks, I have issues with my back and massage whether deep tissue or normal does help.
    I also found out by mistake if you get someone with 7" high heels and get them to walk over your back it does distract you from the pain you already have
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Thread Information