Page 425 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3253754154204214224234244254264274284294304354755259251425 ... LastLast
Results 16,961 to 17,000 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Actually never do underhand. ..sometimes I will use the close grip from the seated rows.

Maybe I'll start implementing underhand next week
    Yeah, I was watching one of the DY vids where he was doing one of his clinics, and he bought up using the underhand grip.I tried it and it defo hits differently. I sent you the link via PM. I tried to post it but I failed miserably.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-13-2015 at 04:40 AM.
    Sfla80 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

One more try. . Think it's around the 2 minute mark?
    Sfla80 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

One more try. . Think it's around the 2 minute mark?
    Almost your all over it its what ive be saying all the long about close grip is better for width than wide grip. My back blow in size thickness and width once I changed my thinking with how to attack back. Its what works guys

I know Dorian is my hero but he was the guy who changed the whole size game with his thickness and granite appearance, watch and learn and you will grow
    DCI, almostgone and Sfla80 like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    That would explain the very calm disposition of the dog then. Must be an all right guy if he loves his dogs.

Edit: Just did a quick Google and he's defo a "dog" person. Did a quick read on him, seems like a humble, solid, good guy.
    Yeh I like him just the natural tag line he uses is a but far fetched but hes not full of bs.

Agreed dogs are great company
    almostgone likes this.

Legs

Due to my lower back injury feeling good for a few weeks now I decided to attack legs with squats first but I went a different approach.

Warm up and stretches

squats
    2 warm up sets
    I did 6 sets pyramiding the weight up and down at the end, I did this to shock my legs and didn't want to take my legs to failure via weight so I went with intensity with a slight different approach than normal. The only trouble I had was my breathing OMFG I was out of breath and couldn't recover in between sets, this was due to my size and ive not done any serious cardio for around 4 weeks except a bit of tabata.

Hack squats
    2 working sets to failure - at this point I was in trouble AGIAN with my breathing and my legs were shaking plus my hands kept having tremors

Let extension
    2 working sets to failure -this is the one movement what really makes me want to puke, the lactic acid build up is immense

lying leg curls
    2 working sets to failure

standing calves
    4 sets high reps

seated calves
    3 sets high reps

walked out like I had shit my pants

Went for a different angle due to my back feeling strong, shocked my quads and I had to do something different cant have Mrs Marcus showing me up
    almostgone, DCI and AllKindsOGains like this.

Dang. From multiset squats to hacks and then the rest. I got tired just reading it.

Hell of a session!!

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Yeh I like him just the natural tag line he uses is a but far fetched but hes not full of bs.

Agreed dogs are great company
    I kind of wondered about the "natty" status myself, but that man can move some weight!

Dang. From multiset squats to hacks and then the rest. I got tired just reading it.

Hell of a session!!
    I wasn't impressed with myself with the rest period in between sets but I was gasping fro breath, wasn't in a good way either. I need to drop 15lbs at least because I will look bigger, feel a lot healthier and be able to keep the rest period down between sets because recovery in between sets on big body parts is getting harder
    almostgone likes this.

Just to add a little tip for those talking about back and underhand grip, the underhand grip is great and really gives another aspect to the movement but if your heavy rowing or doing heavy pulldowns just be careful of the stretch it can have on the bicep, it can tear the fuker off the bone if your not careful so if your going really heavy use a natural grip if your going for the mind muscle connection and as reasonable weight which is that tasking then do the underhand grip. That's how Dorian ripped his bicep doing rows underhand and I know a few other big lifters who have aswell. Ive also experienced extreme tightness in the bicep which didn't feel good when doing heavy rows so be educated about your back workout and implement what works best for you injury free. A lot of back work doesn't need extreme weight anyway

Just a little tip from the Marcus cvnts camp
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Mrs Marcus Because we have been doing a few circuits recently we did straight sets this session and it was hard for her because I added some drops warm up and stretches BB squats 1st set - shoulder width - 15 reps 2nd set - increased weight -15 reps 3rd set - increased weight - 15 reps 4th set -increased weight - 10 reps -drop set another 10 reps, drop again another 10 reps - All the above done with no lockout BB lunges one leg at a time for constant tension 1st set - 12 reps 2nd set - increased weight -12 reps 3rd set - increased weight - 10 reps , drop set 10 reps, drop again 10 reps Lying hip thrusts weighted 1st set - 15 reps 2nd set - increased weight 15 reps 3rd set -increased rep 10 reps, drop 10 reps, drop 10 reps At this stage her legs and glutes were worn out so we left it at that,
    Thx Mr & Mrs Marcus. I like the different routines. Keeps things interesting. And it is time again for legs tonight.

I was training legs on Sunday but moved to mid week bc it's harder to get arm workout in then a leg workout during the week. Arms more popular then legs I guess.
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Thx Mr & Mrs Marcus. I like the different routines. Keeps things interesting. And it is time again for legs tonight.

I was training legs on Sunday but moved to mid week bc it's harder to get arm workout in then a leg workout during the week. Arms more popular then legs I guess.
    Yes we went for stimulating tissue and really targeting the glutes and the tie-ins, next lot of legs it will be a light circuit which will stimulate another set of fibers, she prefers changing things around because she is addicted to DOMS, but I was impressed with her weighted lunges because she stabilised the weight with her core and did constant lunges with one leg at a time which put her through hell. I kind of liked watching it
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Legs

Due to my lower back injury feeling good for a few weeks now I decided to attack legs with squats first but I went a different approach.

Warm up and stretches

squats
    2 warm up sets
    I did 6 sets pyramiding the weight up and down at the end, I did this to shock my legs and didn't want to take my legs to failure via weight so I went with intensity with a slight different approach than normal. The only trouble I had was my breathing OMFG I was out of breath and couldn't recover in between sets, this was due to my size and ive not done any serious cardio for around 4 weeks except a bit of tabata.

Hack squats
    2 working sets to failure - at this point I was in trouble AGIAN with my breathing and my legs were shaking plus my hands kept having tremors

Let extension
    2 working sets to failure -this is the one movement what really makes me want to puke, the lactic acid build up is immense

lying leg curls
    2 working sets to failure

standing calves
    4 sets high reps

seated calves
    3 sets high reps

walked out like I had shit my pants

Went for a different angle due to my back feeling strong, shocked my quads and I had to do something different cant have Mrs Marcus showing me up

My cardio is craptacular, think I was put together to operate in low gear.

What kind of time did that session take, Marcus?
    marcus300 likes this.

My cardio is craptacular, think I was put together to operate in low gear.

What kind of time did that session take, Marcus?
    Longer than normal, it was around 70 mins

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Longer than normal, it was around 70 mins
    Thanks! I was guestimating at least 75-80 min. Maybe I'll throw in one of these every 6 weeks or so just to see how I react. Pretty sure I will hurl before it is over with, but it wouldn't be the first time.

DCI
    Legs always takes long compared to other workouts due to loading and unloading plates from experience
    AllKindsOGains likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    There is no way Ohearn is natural, look at the thickness and density at that bf%. A lot of guys on juice can't even achieve that kind of muscle. I hate when guys say they are all natural when clearly they are not, and what is up with Pianna? He looks horrible, do some more synthol tard, looks like he has been getting surgery on his face too, I don't get it.

Chest was good, felt off today, irritated for some reason. My low back, well my whole body is sore from yesterdays back session, and my knee is bothering me from work. Kept the weight down on bench but brought every rep down to touch my chest, and damn does that make it harder. I had never brought it that deep because my shoulders were always a mess, but it felt good and it needs to be done. Rest day tomorrow, going to need it cause I am completely destroyed right now and today is going to be a very frustrating day at work.
    DCI likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Of course he's not natural fvck obviously ppl have something to lose when they say shit like that. He must think we are all fvcking thick. Piana like the guy honest but he goes to far with that fvcking synthol his arms really look a mess just one big blob.
    almostgone and DCI like this.

The huge beast of the forum Kelkel has finally been interviewed

Its in 3 parts

check it out in the interview section

http://forums.steroid.com/%2A-offici...ml#post6984804

http://forums.steroid.com/%2A-offici...ml#post6984805

http://forums.steroid.com/%2A-offici...ml#post6984806
    almostgone and DCI like this.

DCI
    Legs tonight gonna be fun this new gym has a lot of fitness and crossfit wasters joined there so should be fun when we pile on thebplates

Alright guys so im planning on changing my diet around. In a mager way. Going to go with meal prepping and solid foods, as i am literally having 5-6 protein bars a day, and 5 protein shakes. Any tips on good ways to do this, like what meals, how the macros should be broken down in each meal, etc. Ill go take a gander at the nutition sticky too, but heres where id like to get the info. I know this is hard to believe, but i am literally up to 5200 cals a day. I am taking pics of meals so if you would like me to post what im having currently (for proof if anything else lol) just say the word. I can have them all up by tom morning.

Marcus, do you recommend having fats throughout the day or/and separate from carb-heavy meals? Again, thanks everyone! As the hodge twins would say, im goin balls deep with this!!

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Chest done!

Incline fly 2 feel, 2 working, 2 drops

Incline DB press 1 feel, 2 working 1 drop

Flat flys 1 feel 2 working 2 drops

Hammer strength incline press 2 working, 2 RP reps, 1 drop

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKindsOGains
    Alright guys so im planning on changing my diet around. In a mager way. Going to go with meal prepping and solid foods, as i am literally having 5-6 protein bars a day, and 5 protein shakes. Any tips on good ways to do this, like what meals, how the macros should be broken down in each meal, etc. Ill go take a gander at the nutition sticky too, but heres where id like to get the info. I know this is hard to believe, but i am literally up to 5200 cals a day. I am taking pics of meals so if you would like me to post what im having currently (for proof if anything else lol) just say the word. I can have them all up by tom morning.

Marcus, do you recommend having fats throughout the day or/and separate from carb-heavy meals? Again, thanks everyone! As the hodge twins would say, im goin balls deep with this!!
    As far as meal prep goes. If you don't want to invest a lot of time into it you can try what works best for me. I use the slow cooker for most of my meat. Mine holds about 7lbs of chicken breast pretty easy. Toss in the chicken add a couple cups of water, set it on low before bed and when you wake up you have several days worth of meat ready to season any way you want. I usually do 6-7 lbs of chicken and a 3lb beef roast and that covers me for the week. Eggs are another cheap and easy go to for me. As long as I have 20 minutes free then I can crack and scramble a dozen. Oats are my go to carb source but only because they are easily drinkable when mixed in a shake.

DCI
    I bulk cook like dpyle too. I just boil chicken and fry off mince in its own juices with cayenne chilli pepper and paprika for free flavour.

I use 30 chicken breasts a week and 4lbs of mince a week with the odd steak and fish subs in there
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DCI
    I bulk cook like dpyle too. I just boil chicken and fry off mince in its own juices with cayenne chilli pepper and paprika for free flavour.

I use 30 chicken breasts a week and 4lbs of mince a week with the odd steak and fish subs in there
    30 breast a week! You must have smaller chickens across the pond. The ones I buy, a 7-8lb pack usually has about 6 breasts in it.

DCI
    Yeh they work out at about lb for 2 breasts I get. I find they are nicer to eat as take less time to cook due to them being smaller the bigger breasts aren't as nice to eat either.

They are cheap tbh its a euro a breast for me and 10 euro for the mince and 5 euro for a proper big angus steak correctly hung and aged too.

Yeh they work out at about lb for 2 breasts I get. I find they are nicer to eat as take less time to cook due to them being smaller the bigger breasts aren't as nice to eat either.

They are cheap tbh its a euro a breast for me and 10 euro for the mince and 5 euro for a proper big angus steak correctly hung and aged too.
    Price is how I ended up eating mutant chicken. It runs 1.88/lb where the more organic options can be 3-4 dollars/lb
    almostgone likes this.

DCI
    Are they breasts also or other cuts of chicken??

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    Price is how I ended up eating mutant chicken. It runs 1.88/lb where the more organic options can be 3-4 dollars/lb
    Ah, you have to be referring to the ones they have @ Sam's. D@mn things look like a small turkey. , but the price is right.

Are they breasts also or other cuts of chicken??
    Boneless skinless breast. I'll have to throw up a photo tomorrow.
    DCI likes this.

Akog, in addition to the food prep plans above (which are good), if you can cook on a grill, load that rascal up when you cook. I eat a good bit of flank steak and chicken, most of it cooked on the grill.
    So, with your meat based proteins, rice/pasta, or potatoes, get your spinach, asparagus, broccoli, or squash in and you're well on your way.
    DCI likes this.

Thanks for all your help guys! Check this vid out if you have a chance

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xUO_hY0FK_A

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle

Same here.... I get it for $1.19/lb
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Same here.... I get it for $1.19/lb
    Damn, that's cheap.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Did back and traps today stretching and wg pd for a warm up.

Wg pd 3 sets high reps

Cg pd 4 sets high reps

Bb rows 4 sets high reps

Tbar 2 sets high reps

Traps

Db shrugs

Bb shrugs

Behind back bb shrugs

It is quite good having a wee rest from hit using lighter weight but i feel like a tit doing high rep crap again BUT i do get sore which i never got before. I think i will do this for a few more wks maybe then get back to it.
    DCI and almostgone like this.

Akog, in addition to the food prep plans above (which are good), if you can cook on a grill, load that rascal up when you cook. I eat a good bit of flank steak and chicken, most of it cooked on the grill.
    So, with your meat based proteins, rice/pasta, or potatoes, get your spinach, asparagus, broccoli, or squash in and you're well on your way.
    I've been slow cooking my flank in a crock pot man. One peice with a head of cabbage vinegar some garlic and onion . Comes out awesome. But just have to time the cabbage right....depending on your crock pot....1.5 hrs before meat is ready.

Crock pot is a good way too cook a good amount of meals at once also....especially if u r strapped for time.
    Last edited by Sfla80; 01-13-2015 at 03:15 PM.
    almostgone and AllKindsOGains like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    I've been cooking my flank in a crock pot man.
    I bet that has a completely different meaning "across the pond."
    clarky. and almostgone like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

I slow bake my Sam's mutant chicken, I load up the casserole with 5-6 breasts, season to my taste and bake at 275 for 3hr. I then let them cool in their own juices and suck some back in. Bag them in singles then freeze, once thawed they are the same texture as canned chicken, but way better. I do two dishes sometimes, about 10-12lbs, nice and easy and they stay juicy.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post

Lmao yeah didn't think about that :/

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    your understanding our patter big chap
    almostgone likes this.

Hell of an interview Marcus, very good read, well done.
    marcus300 likes this.

Thread Information