Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree424Likes

Thread: *SlimmerMe's Progress Log*

qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    YAY!! good work.. okay i am no expert... and i dont konw if you want "feedback" .. if so. question- where's the green stuff? i only bring this up- having health issues and learning the hard way how important "green"foods are for our health, what is it they have chlorophyll... i think that is good for our cells.. something to think about maybe? some leafy greens? i am trying to add them in slowly.. steaming seems to work. some folks in the bay area eat alot of KALE.. I haven't found a way to cook it yet to taste good.. keep up the good work.!! and thanks for the encouargment!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Thanks...I forgot to mention I had a salad too for dinner!

And I do need to eat more greens....a challenge for me I admit.

And you are welcome!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    a salad is great!
    this might sound really gross.. i but i have tried to make "green protein " smoothies.. -- drink the greens-- easier than eating them for me..

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    We tried this green stuff from GNC, is was a powder that you mix into a drink (like the whey protein powders) its wicked good for you..all your min and vites also it was UTTERLY DISCUTING! lol, it smelld and tasted like something a bunny would regergitate.... but Tiger (being the trooper and dedicated fitness buff he is) finished the whole container off, so maybe you might wanna try it too ...altho we never bought it again, if that says something

Your log is so motovational Slimmer, and great tips/ideas ...I love spying on you. lmao
    SlimmerMe likes this.

Blog Entries
    ever try green vibrance? i dont know how it compares with the GNC yecky stuff..

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I decided (after drinking than my convulsive dry yacking) that I will stick to the solid form of fruits an veggyz in their natural and very yummy state lol, but thanks for the head up

Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    a salad is great!
    this might sound really gross.. i but i have tried to make "green protein " smoothies.. -- drink the greens-- easier than eating them for me..
    I will let you drink them for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    We tried this green stuff from GNC, is was a powder that you mix into a drink (like the whey protein powders) its wicked good for you..all your min and vites also it was UTTERLY DISCUTING! lol, it smelld and tasted like something a bunny would regergitate.... but Tiger (being the trooper and dedicated fitness buff he is) finished the whole container off, so maybe you might wanna try it too ...altho we never bought it again, if that says something

Your log is so motovational Slimmer, and great tips/ideas ...I love spying on you. lmao
    Thanks and glad you are motivated~

ever try green vibrance? i dont know how it compares with the GNC yecky stuff..
    ....sounds yukky~

I decided (after drinking than my convulsive dry yacking) that I will stick to the solid form of fruits an veggyz in their natural and very yummy state lol, but thanks for the head up
    ...natural fruits...love 'em~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Week 18, Day 2

Shake
    1 scoop whey
    raspberries, strawberries

Meal
    Kashi GoLean Cereal
    Skim milk
    Peach

Meal
    Oat Pancake
    Banana
    Dollop greek yogurt
    sugar free syrup

CARDIO: 35 minute HIGH intensity bike ride

Post cardio shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries, couple raspberries

Meal
    Salad with chicken and pecans
    Balsamic Vinaigrette
    5 oz wine
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 08-09-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Not to hijack, but re: green drinks - on my non-carb days, i'm taking 4 servings/day of both Macro Greens and Miracle Reds - both products by Macro Life Naturals. Taste is great, I actually look forward to them, and they are EXCELLENT for you!

Anybody not getting enough fruits and veggies should be supplementing with this or a similar product.

Blog Entries
    good work Slimmer! what is GoLean Ezekiel
    are you eating enough?
    salad with chicken and pecans.. pecans sound awesome!! thanks for the idea.
    I like the way you get to include everyone in one response and it looks so tidey.. how do you do that?

Blog Entries
    gbrice -- do you mix the greens and the reds together?? how does one know which is the right product for them? so many green suppliments.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Not to hijack, but re: green drinks - on my non-carb days, i'm taking 4 servings/day of both Macro Greens and Miracle Reds - both products by Macro Life Naturals. Taste is great, I actually look forward to them, and they are EXCELLENT for you!

Anybody not getting enough fruits and veggies should be supplementing with this or a similar product.
    THanks. Will check it out. I confess again: I do not get enough greens in so perhaps this will help do the trick.

good work Slimmer! what is GoLean Ezekiel
    are you eating enough?
    salad with chicken and pecans.. pecans sound awesome!! thanks for the idea.
    I like the way you get to include everyone in one response and it looks so tidey.. how do you do that?
    GoLEan Ezekiel is a cereal. There are a couple versions. You want the one with the most protein and least amt of sugar so make sure to compare boxes. And sometimes I wonder if I am eating enough but I think I am. And re: my tidy responses.
    To quote let's say for ex: these 3 quotes here. First from Gbrice, then you, then you again. I click the little far right of Gbrice's quote where the little box with quotation marks are with the + sign. Then I do the same for your post. Click the box with the + sign. And then for the very last post which was yours, I click the box with the quotes that says "Reply with quote" and that is how all 3 will appear. Then you post your remarks in-between the posts.

gbrice -- do you mix the greens and the reds together?? how does one know which is the right product for them? so many green suppliments.
    I think he recommends Macro Greens and Miracle Reds by Macro Life Naturals
    Author Unknown

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

GB got me on about these also (in addition to purple wraath). Bought the Macro Greens and its a good supplement.

Week 18, Day 3

Shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries

Meal
    Kashi GoLean Cereal
    skim milk
    peach

Meal
    Oat Pancake
    Dollop plain greek yogurt
    sugar free syrup
    banana

Shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries

SWIMMING: Laps for 25 minutes

Post swim shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries

Meal
    Ground Beef 96/4 extra lean
    Corn on cob
    5 oz wine
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 08-09-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    GB got me on about these also (in addition to purple wraath). Bought the Macro Greens and its a good supplement.
    Our post went up at the same exact time~

I will try this out....thanks Twist...what the heck is Purple Wrath?
    Author Unknown

branched chain amino acid supplement and great for pumps but without any stimulants so I can drink it.

Yep, I take a serving of each at the same time, for no reason other than convenience. 4oz sugar free grape drink, 4oz water, 1 serving reds, 1 serving greens, done! 4x a day, 3 days straight.

Twist - I know you probably don't 'need' them, but you should check out the reds as well. These 2 go hand in hand! You can be sure you're missing nothing in your diet when you supplement with these 2!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Our post went up at the same exact time~

I will try this out....thanks Twist...what the heck is Purple Wrath?
    branched chain amino acid supplement and great for pumps but without any stimulants so I can drink it.
    ^^ this. It's also an EAA (essential amino acid) supplement - alot of BCAA supps don't have EAA's, which is why Purple Wraath is so great! Bought a different BCAA supp recently and am regretting it - can't wait till it's finished so I can get more PW!

As for no stims - true, but it does contain a small dose of beta alanine which is actually an amino acid and not a stim at all, however it does give you that 'pins and needles' feeling in higher doses, feels 'stimy' at times. personally, I love it!

Agreed but I shouldn't have any issue with antioxidants and I really only take the macro greens every once in a while. I need to use it more though. You go through a tub every 3 days or what? It's not cheap!

I don't ever drink the PW to the dose of having pins and needles. One small scoop and that's all I need. Most I've ever done is two.

Agreed but I shouldn't have any issue with antioxidants and I really only take the macro greens every once in a while. I need to use it more though. You go through a tub every 3 days or what? It's not cheap!
    Haha, not quite that fast but yea, it's on the pricey side.

I don't ever drink the PW to the dose of having pins and needles. One small scoop and that's all I need. Most I've ever done is two.[/QUOTE]

Got ya!

Thanks Gbrice and Twist. Learn something new ED.....
    Author Unknown

Week 18, Day 4

Shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries

Meal
    Oat Pancake
    banana
    plain greek yogurt
    sugar free syrup

WORKOUT: LOWER BODY for an hour
    Legs Legs Legs
    Leg Press, hack press, incline leg press, leg extensions, curls, abductor, adductor, sit against wall squats, calves and on and on
    Stretching afterwards

Meal Post workout
    2 eggs
    2 bacon strips
    1 wheat toast

Meal
    Greek salad
    Grilled chicken
    5 oz wine
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 08-08-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Author Unknown

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    well slim, it looks like you are back it! i love your post workout breakfast in the evening!

Blog Entries
    Haha, not quite that fast but yea, it's on the pricey side.
    Twist and gbrice.. can you guys actually feel a physical difference when you take these ??? I just got recommended the Paradise ORAC-energy green ..not to untasty.. has imperial adaptogen, which are good for the adrenals and also super antioxidents, but not sure how long it will take to feel it" if i do "feel it"

I don't ever drink the PW to the dose of having pins and needles. One small scoop and that's all I need. Most I've ever done is two.
    Got ya![/QUOTE]

Week 18, Day 4

Shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries

Meal
    Oat Pancake
    banana
    plain greek yogurt
    sugar free syrup

WORKOUT: LOWER BODY for an hour
    Legs Legs Legs
    Leg Press, hack press, incline leg press, leg extensions, curls, abductor, adductor, sit against wall squats, calves and on and on
    Stretching afterwards

Meal Post workout
    2 eggs
    2 bacon strips
    1 wheat toast

Meal
    Greek salad
    Grilled chicken
    5 oz wine
    hey you are swimming for 25mins..that's a great big fat burner isn't it? and look at you on the "legs" in the gym..for an hour ---once years ago when i had a trainer she told me working legs was a great fat burner cause they are the biggest (did she say biggest, or almost biggest) muscles we have in our bodies !! good for you!.. and STRETCHING... i cringe at that word.. lol. i know it is key..

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    well slim, it looks like you are back it! i love your post workout breakfast in the evening!

Blog Entries
    gbrice and twist.. can you tell a difference when you take the powders, greens, reds, purples? i have started on ORAC energy greens that has "super antixodients" and doenst taste too bad.. today when i had it i could feel a bit of a difference.. but not really physically. how to tell if the stuff is really working for ya or not?
    thanks

gbrice and twist.. can you tell a difference when you take the powders, greens, reds, purples? i have started on ORAC energy greens that has "super antixodients" and doenst taste too bad.. today when i had it i could feel a bit of a difference.. but not really physically. how to tell if the stuff is really working for ya or not?
    thanks
    Assuming you are talking about the veggie stuff no. It's like being able to tell when you've eaten veggies or not, not gonna happen (unless you eat broccoli or asparagus then maybe).

Had to come back and log in daily again. Not sure you were around when I stated I had to do this again for at least 2 weeks. Had to make a turn. THANKS OOCajun!

Got ya!

hey you are swimming for 25mins..that's a great big fat burner isn't it? and look at you on the "legs" in the gym..for an hour ---once years ago when i had a trainer she told me working legs was a great fat burner cause they are the biggest (did she say biggest, or almost biggest) muscles we have in our bodies !! good for you!.. and STRETCHING... i cringe at that word.. lol. i know it is key..[/QUOTE]

Thanks qk. I love to swim if for anything else it is meditative for me.

Assuming you are talking about the veggie stuff no. It's like being able to tell when you've eaten veggies or not, not gonna happen (unless you eat broccoli or asparagus then maybe).
    I can tell when I eat asparagus!
    Author Unknown

WEEK 18, DAY 5

Shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries

Meal
    Kashi GoLean Cereal
    Skim milk
    Blueberries

Meal
    Salad with boiled egg
    Feta cheese
    dressing

6 oz plain Greek yogurt
    Blueberries

SWIMMING: Laps for 25 minutes

Post swim shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries

Meal
    Shrimp
    Salad
    Baked Potato
    5 oz wine
    Author Unknown

I tell ya: just 5 days and I mean just 5 days of eating better MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!

AMAZING....Now back in the GAME!
    Author Unknown

I tell ya: just 5 days and I mean just 5 days of eating better MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!

makes me wonder how 'bad' you were?

Blog Entries
    Nice color!!!

makes me wonder how 'bad' you were?
    Well let me put it this way...I am glad to be BACK ON TRACK!

Nice color!!!
    Me too!
    Author Unknown

SM... love the leg work outs! ..have heard that the bigger muscels (lowerbody) burn more and that = yay!
    set backs or slip ups or **** it all days..do happin, but thats just a brief moment in time...as long as we do as you are; and pull up our big gurl britches, own our "aw shit" moments and trudge foreward in a possitive direction ~thats all that counts
    SlimmerMe likes this.

So glad to read this!!! Obviously you feel better, mentally, physically, etc - but did anything trigger this? (lost some weight, fit into something that was getting tighter, etc) Just curious, but glad in any event!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    SM... love the leg work outs! ..have heard that the bigger muscels (lowerbody) burn more and that = yay!
    set backs or slip ups or **** it all days..do happin, but thats just a brief moment in time...as long as we do as you are; and pull up our big gurl britches, own our "aw shit" moments and trudge foreward in a possitive direction ~thats all that counts
    Lovin the girl power pic

Good for u girls sticking together on the board

Nice to see

Slim...'are you doing another 2 weeks of this cutting diet?

What are the long term goals
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Positive forward motion~ Name of the game! THANKS for the GIRL POWER SEXY4!

So glad to read this!!! Obviously you feel better, mentally, physically, etc - but did anything trigger this? (lost some weight, fit into something that was getting tighter, etc) Just curious, but glad in any event!
    Caught myself justifying "getting by" with a little bit here and there....so....had to wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Lovin the girl power pic

Good for u girls sticking together on the board

Nice to see

Slim...'are you doing another 2 weeks of this cutting diet?

What are the long term goals
    It is nice to see some girls here. Love it!

I am logging in for 2 weeks after a month off from my initial challenge. Needed to come back to the Lion's Den to stay sharp!

Long term? Good question Base. For now I want to maintain my 25 pound loss and if I lose a little bit more gradually then great. I do want to keep my skin taught during this process hence why I want to slow down for a bit and hold tight so to speak. Then in a couple months I plan to take it to another level. More than anything else I want to trust this has become a lifestyle forever. That is my ultimate goal.
    Author Unknown

WEEK 18, DAY 6

Shake
    1 scoop whey
    strawberries

Meal
    Kashi GoLean
    Skim milk
    blueberries

Meal
    Pork slices
    vinegar based cole slaw
    hot sauce

crackers
    diet coke

CARDIO: Jogging in waist/chest high water for 35 minutes, while tanning upper body

Meal
    Grilled Salmon
    Baked potato
    Spinach salad
    lite dressing
    4 oz wine
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    another good day! .. what kind of crackers? i found the kashi cereal, but got home and realiezed i dont have milk!!!

slim, ever consider doing a triathlon? you swim, bike, and run, just curious? love your last cardio session, i remember one of our running backs in high school use to train like that, fastest thing ever!

another good day! .. what kind of crackers? i found the kashi cereal, but got home and realiezed i dont have milk!!!
    Quote from the movie Friday: "put water on it, it won't hurt!"

Hope you like the cereal....crackers? just a couple p-nut butter ones, not the best choice but....GOOD!

slim, ever consider doing a triathlon? you swim, bike, and run, just curious? love your last cardio session, i remember one of our running backs in high school use to train like that, fastest thing ever!
    Triathlon? Don't think so but happy to think you think I might consider it!
    And the cardio in the water? I have done this for a long time. Love it. I also pretend to jump rope too in between jogging. Interesting about your buddy being fast and doing this water jog too~

Quote from the movie Friday: "put water on it, it won't hurt!"
    Water? hmmmmmmmmm......glad I have some milk!
    Author Unknown

Thread Information