Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 560 of 1630
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101

  1. #521
    bernimx's Avatar
    bernimx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    191
    Thanks a lot for your review of my diet novastepp. I'll definitely apply your solids advices.

  2. #522
    Josh* is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    57
    bump for a critique of my diet please.

  3. #523
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    my diet any good?
    No idea

    Were we supposed to be able to read it?

    I'll disregard the latter part of each meal..and just deal with the numbers for now.

    I'm curious though... Where did you find this?

    Moving on however... we'll start with your stats for reference:

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Stats: 5'8 165 23% bf
    LBM: 127 lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Meal 1 60g Carbs, 35g Protein, 15g Fats 515 Kcals

    4 Serving/s Meat Category 1-Multi
    3 Serving/s Fat Category 1-Fish Oil
    1 Serving/s Fruit Category 1-Sesamin
    2 Serving/s Carbohydrate Category
    1 Serving/s Milk Category - If allergic to or dislike milk you can add to this Meal 1 additional meat and carbohydrate serving
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Meal 2 45g Carbs, 28g Protein, 15g Fats 427 Kcals

    4 Serving/s Meat Category 1-Fish Oil
    3 Serving/s Fat Category 2-CLA
    1 Serving/s Fruit Category
    2 Serving/s Carbohydrate Category
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Meal 3 40g Carbs, 35g Protein, 15g Fats 435 Kcals

    5 Serving/s Meat Category 1-Fish Oil
    3 Serving/s Fat Category 1-Sesamin
    2 Serving/s Vegetable Category
    2 Serving/s Carbohydrate Category

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Meal 4 40g Carbs, 28g Protein, 15g Fats 407 Kcals

    4 Serving/s Meat Category 1-Multi
    3 Serving/s Fat Category 1-Fish Oil
    2 Serving/s Vegetable Category 2-CLA
    2 Serving/s Carbohydrate Category
    0 Serving/s Milk Category - If allergic to or dislike milk you can add to this Meal 1 additional meat and carbohydrate serving

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Meal 5 30g Carbs, 35g Protein, 15g Fats 395 Kcals

    5 Serving/s Meat Category 1-Fish Oil
    3 Serving/s Fat Category 1-Sesamin
    3 Serving/s Vegetable Category
    1 Serving/s Carbohydrate Category

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Meal 6 10g Carbs, 28g Protein, 15g Fats 287 Kcals

    4 Serving/s Meat Category 1-Fish Oil
    3 Serving/s Fat Category 2-CLA
    2 Serving/s Vegetable Category
    0 Serving/s Carbohydrate Category
    0 Serving/s Milk Category - If allergic to or dislike milk you can add to this Meal 1 additional meat and carbohydrate serving
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Total Carbohydrates 225g 15
    Total Protein 189g 27
    Total Fat 90g 18
    Total Calories 2466g
    Referring to your stats once again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Stats: 5'8 165 23% bf
    LBM: 127 lbs

    And your goals:

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Goal: Lean,ripped low bf% and a six pack..i dont think ill bulk anytime soon.. i havent see myself in good enough shape to even think of bulking yet
    You're consuming way too many calories.

    Your bodyfat is way too high (And your LBM way too low) for the kcal intake you're suggesting

    Where did you find this diet?

    To start, there's way too much fat in it for your LBM and body composition.

    This is the maintenance diet of a 200 lb male.

    -CNS

  4. #524
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    bump for a critique of my diet please.
    Critiques there.

    The work-out I'm not touching however.

    This is a diet thread after all... and the workout isn't of your own creation.

    -CNS

  5. #525
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    BTW Josh, '2 servings' (etc.) is very vague.

    This thread is about specifics.

    Please supply these... as it'll make reciprocating easier.

    Thanks.

    -CNS

  6. #526
    Josh* is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    57
    Meal 1
    8each or 268g egg whites 4oz or 113.4g LEAN turkey breast 1 c or 228g NON FAT cottage cheese
    18each or 25.8g almonds 6tsp or 31.8g peanut\almond Butter 3oz or 85.05g avocado
    2tbp or 18g raisins 6.5oz or 184g grapefruit 2.25oz or 64g banana
    1/2c or 40g oatmeal (dry) 1slc or 66g whole grain English muffin 2slc or 64g whole grain toast
    6oz or 170g Yoplait Light yogurt 8floz or 237ml NON FAT milk 6oz or 170g Plain NON FAT yogurt

    Meal 2
    4oz or 113.4g tuna (canned in H2O) 4oz or 113.4g grilled halibut/tilapia 4oz or 113.4g grilled chicken breast
    18each or 25.8g almonds 6tsp or 31.8g peanut\almond Butter 3oz or 85.05g avocado
    3.25oz or 92g apple 3oz or 85g pear 3.5oz or 99g orange (peeled)
    1/2c or 40g oatmeal (dry) 4oz or 114g baked sweet potato 2/3c or 128.7g brown rice (cooked)

    Meal 3
    5oz or 141.75g grilled chicken breast 5oz or 141.75g grilled halibut/tilapia 1.25cup or 285g NON FAT cottage cheese
    18each or 25.8g almonds 6tsp or 13.5g Olive/Enova Oil 3oz or 85.05g avocado
    1 c or 156g steamed broccoli 1 c or 125g steamed green beans 1 1/3c or 250g steamed spinach
    2/3c or 128.7g brown rice (cooked) 4oz or 114g baked sweet potato 2/3c or 92g whole grain pasta

    Meal 4
    1 1/3sc or 40g scoops whey protein 4oz or 113.4g grilled halibut/tilapia 4oz or 113.4g grilled chicken breast
    30each or 28.08g peanuts 6tsp or 31.8g peanut/almond butter 3oz or 85.05g avocado
    1 c or 156g steamed broccoli 1 c or 125g steamed green beans 8oz or 226g steamed asparagus
    2/3c or 128.7g brown rice (cooked) 4oz or 114g baked sweet potato 3tbp or 33.4g cream of wheat (dry)
    0oz or 0g Yoplait Light yogurt 0floz or 0ml NON FAT milk 0oz or 0g Plain NON FAT yogurt

    Meal 5
    5oz or 141.75g grilled halibut/tilapia 5oz or 141.75g grilled LEAN sirloin/fillet 5oz or 141.75g grilled chicken breast
    15each or 22.5g walnut halves 3tsp or 13.5g Olive/Enova Oil 3oz or 85.05g avocado
    4 1/2c or 495g chopped lettuce 1 1/2c or 187.5g steamed green beans 12oz or 339g steamed asparagus
    3/4c or 270g chopped tomato
    0.333c or 64.35g brown rice (cooked) 2oz or 57g baked yam 0.333c or 46g whole grain pasta

    Meal 6
    1 1/3sc or 40g scoops whey protein 1 c or 228g NON FAT cottage cheese 4oz or 113.4g grilled chicken breast
    18each or 25.8g almonds 6tsp or 31.8g peanut/almond butter 3oz or 85.05g avocado
    1 c or 156g steamed broccoli 1 c or 125g steamed green beans 8oz or 226g steamed asparagus
    0c or 0g brown rice (cooked) 0oz or 0g baked sweet potato 0c or 0g oatmeal (dry)
    0oz or 0g Yoplait Light yogurt 0floz or 0ml NON FAT milk 0oz or 0g Plain NON FAT yogurt

  7. #527
    Josh* is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    57
    both workout and diet made by reading scivation books...

  8. #528
    Josh* is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    57
    My goal over all is cut down to 10% bf and increase my LBM

  9. #529
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    ^^The diet isn't suitable to your goals.

    It isn't in anyway related to your LBM.

    LBM should be at the core of diet-planning.

    -CNS

  10. #530
    Josh* is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    57
    so what can i do?

  11. #531
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Reevaluate your diet based on your LBM. we have instructions on how to do so at the beginning of the thread. There is a lot of info. on how to develop a diet based on our ideas.

    Please take the ideas of this thread into mind and redevelop a diet based on this thread's topics. Again, it is no nonsense diet advice and you haven't subscribed to our ideas.

  12. #532
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    ^^Bingo.

    -CNS

  13. #533
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    I had a few simple questions, im doing a serious cut right now, and i wanted to know whether or i should consume any sort or kind of bread. what breads are appropriate?
    what are the macros in 2-4 ounces of sweet potatoes is(not yams)
    also, opinions on brown rice while cutting. -let me know...any advice is welcome thank you aj

  14. #534
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    I had a few simple questions, im doing a serious cut right now, and i wanted to know whether or i should consume any sort or kind of bread. what breads are appropriate?
    what are the macros in 2-4 ounces of sweet potatoes is(not yams)
    also, opinions on brown rice while cutting. -let me know...any advice is welcome thank you aj
    Sweet potato
    4oz
    103kcal
    24g carb
    2.5g pro


    i would never use bead during a cut... especially a "serious" one

    i HATE rice, brow, black, white, green, read, doesn't matter. i hate it. my reason why, is it bloats the hell out of me and makes me feel like 100% absolute garbage. i wouldn't recommend it.

    i'd stick to potatoes if I were you. what carb choices are you using?

  15. #535
    Scarface69 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    229
    Nova, those macros you listed of sweet potato are with or without skin? whats your thoughts of eating the skin?

  16. #536
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface69 View Post
    Nova, those macros you listed of sweet potato are with or without skin? whats your thoughts of eating the skin?
    Depends on your rationale for ingesting the skin.

    I avoid it... but simply because it doesn't agree with me. (gas)

    The notion that the majority of the potato's nutrients is in the skin is an urban myth.

    But... there is the insoluble fiber content. Fiber intake is usually very much overlooked.

    -CNS

  17. #537
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    so im going green veggies, oats,and sweet potatoes thats it for carbs okie doke

  18. #538
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    so im going green veggies, oats,and sweet potatoes thats it for carbs okie doke
    Looks right to me

    -CNS

  19. #539
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface69 View Post
    Nova, those macros you listed of sweet potato are with or without skin? whats your thoughts of eating the skin?
    those macros are just the edible portion (without skin). i rarely eat the skin unless i'm grilling red potatoes. i just don't like the skin on sweet potatoes.

  20. #540
    SmittyTheOX's Avatar
    SmittyTheOX is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    556
    Righto boys, wondering if you could do some looking over my master plan.

    Coming out of winter (here is aus) and took some measurements for the first time in about 5 months. Realized my BF was getting out of hand (even for a Powerlifter). I beleive its important to have someone else advise you on diet, as if you do it yourself you tend to 2nd guess and over analyze too much.

    GOAL
    Drop some BF (up to possibly 10kg) without sacrificing strength/performance.

    STATS
    Age - 25
    Weight - 111.6kg (246lbs)
    BF - 16.67%
    Height - 182cm (6')
    Activity - Moderate at work, low on days off.
    Cardio - No extra cardio outside work.

    MEDS
    TestProp @150mg/day (1050mg/week)
    T3 @ 60mg/day (to prevent my metabolism crashing as it normally does when i drop cals)

    TRAINING
    MON - Legs/LowBack/Abs - Heavy weight, low reps
    WED - Chest/UpperBack/Arms - Heavy weight, low reps
    THUR - Legs/LowBack/Abs - Moderate Weight, higher reps
    SAT - Chest/UpperBack/Arms - Moderate Weight, higher reps

    DIET
    Ive attahed the diet. It had to be in an image format because the program i set it up in wont export it so I had to take a screen dump. Sorry about this but I only realised it after i did it all. I have it in HTML format but thr forum wont let me upload it.


    Thanks lads,
    OX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101-untitled.gif  

  21. #541
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Before I take a crack at that... I have my newest article for you guys to peruse.

    http://www.feelitnutrition.com/blog/...orey-springer/



    Cut Liquid Calories… Cut bodyfat.

    By Corey Springer AKA “Narkissos”
    Friday, September 5th 2008: The NarkSide

    Taken from: “Cut Liquid Calories… Cut bodyfat.” by Corey Springer


    The average gym-goer, when asked, usually claims to have “no idea” why they’re having difficulty losing bodyfat. The usual claim follows the vein of: “I eat no junk food… I eat really healthy man!”

    ‘Healthy’, one of those terms I hate to hear. That, however, is a rant for another time.

    Ok… getting back on track:

    Joe Gym-dude:
    “I eat healthy”.

    Me:
    “Ok… We all do. Why do you then, not look like I do?”

    Joe Gym-dude:
    “I don’t know man… It must be my genetics”.


    (Genetics… another monster of a rant for another time.)


    If you’re a subscriber to "the NarkSide" message board, you will have come across some of my previous articles…and some of the arguments raised therein. One such argument is that people eat a lot worse than they think they do. In addition, people underestimate just how impactful liquid calories are.


    Ergo this article: Cut the liquid Calories… cut the bodyfat.

    Tell me… Do you frequently consume juices, smoothies, coffee concoctions, ‘energy drinks’, or soft drinks with or between meals?

    (Yes… I lumped juices in there with soft drinks, though many fail to make this distinction. Studies show that this is erroneous, as sweetened juices are just as likely to cause weight-gain as non-diet soft drinks.[1][2])

    The answer is probably ‘yes’… and you’d be in the company of millions of failed dieters around the world.

    Yes… millions.


    Using the United States as a gauge, it has been documented that:


    * In the past 50 years, consumption of soft drinks has increased by almost 500%.[3]
    * Half of all Americans and most adolescents consume soft drinks multiple times daily.[4]



    Why does it matter what you drink?


    Well…Weight-loss revolves around a relatively simple mathematical equation:

    * Weight-loss= calories consumed < calories expended


    For argument’s sake, let’s say that the above equation is true regardless of where the calories come from.

    What we drink matters because liquid calories, like all calories, matter.

    Unfortunately, we tend to forget to count these calories.:

    The sodas, juices and teas;

    The cream, creamer and sugar in our coffee;

    It all adds up.

    Adding up… as inches around the waist.

    Every calorie you consume affects your weight-loss goal.


    To give you an idea just much so, let’s review the caloric content of some of the most commonly consumed beverages:


    * Blended coffee drinks: 250-850 calories (i.e. the cumulative calorie count of 1-3 average sized meals)
    * Gatorade: 310 calories per 12 fl oz
    * Coke: 97 calories per 8 fl oz
    * Vitamin Water: 50 calories per 8 fl oz



    With regard to Gatorade and the like: nobody consumes an 8 oz serving…

    Let’s be real with ourselves.

    8 oz isn’t satisfying (though studies do argue that liquid calories aren’t ’satisfying’ period [5]).

    The average beverage intake is 16-20oz per meal.


    This bumps the kcal intake to:


    * Gatorade: <>500 calories
    * Coke: <>240 calories
    * Vitamin Water: <>125 calories



    Putting this all in perspective, what we are looking at is the consumption of basically 1-3 meal’s worth of calories in liquid form in addition to a solid meal.

    The average daily calorie requirement is 1920kcals and 1680kcals for a male and female respectively.

    The indiscriminate ingestion of these beverages can easily result in an aggregate calorie intake double or triple that required for the maintenance of one’s body weight.

    Like I said… It all adds up.

    …Usually around the waist.


    So what can we do?


    Well you could:


    * Swap sweetened juices for unsweetened juices
    * Retain the natural fibers (AKA ‘pith’) in your unsweetened juices. (Increased fiber content blunts the resulting blood sugar elevation.)
    * Drink water/diet beverages with meals.
    * If you must consume alcohol during cocktail hour, choose wine (or the good old vodka + diet coke/diet sprite + lime) over the sugary drinks.


    Little changes beget big results.
    Good luck.

    -C.Springer

    Owner Of Apollo Fitness Barbados & “The NarkSide” Fitness Forums




    References:


    1. Julie R. Palmer, ScD; Deborah A. Boggs, MS; Supriya Krishnan, DSc; Frank B. Hu, MD; Martha Singer, MPH; Lynn Rosenberg, ScD. “Sugar-Sweetened Beverages and Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in African American Women”. Arch Intern Med. 2008;168(14):1487-1492.
    2. Lenny R. Vartanian, PhD, Marlene B. Schwartz, PhD and Kelly D. Brownell, PhD. “Effects of Soft Drink Consumption on Nutrition and Health: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”. April 2007, Vol 97, No. 4 | American Journal of Public Health 667-675
    3. Putnam JJ, Allshouse JE. Food consumption, prices and expenditures, 1970?97. Washington, DC: Food and Consumers Economics Division, Economic Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, 1999.
    4. Borrud L, Enns CW, Mickle S. What we eat: USDA surveys food consumption changes. Commun Nutr Inst 1997;27:4?5.
    5. Mattes RD. Dietary compensation by humans for supplemental energy provided as ethanol or carbohydrate in fluids. Physiol Behav 1996;59:179?87.

  22. #542
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    Righto boys, wondering if you could do some looking over my master plan.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    Coming out of winter (here is aus) and took some measurements for the first time in about 5 months. Realized my BF was getting out of hand (even for a Powerlifter). I beleive its important to have someone else advise you on diet, as if you do it yourself you tend to 2nd guess and over analyze too much.
    Gotcha.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    GOAL
    Drop some BF (up to possibly 10kg) without sacrificing strength/performance.
    Doable to a certain extent.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    STATS
    Age - 25
    Weight - 111.6kg (246lbs)
    BF - 16.67%
    Height - 182cm (6')
    Activity - Moderate at work, low on days off.
    Cardio - No extra cardio outside work.
    Noted.

    LBM: 205 lbs


    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    MEDS
    TestProp @150mg/day (1050mg/week)
    T3 @ 60mg/day (to prevent my metabolism crashing as it normally does when i drop cals)
    This isn't a drug advice thread... but i will ask: What is your previous experience with t3?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    TRAINING
    MON - Legs/LowBack/Abs - Heavy weight, low reps
    WED - Chest/UpperBack/Arms - Heavy weight, low reps
    THUR - Legs/LowBack/Abs - Moderate Weight, higher reps
    SAT - Chest/UpperBack/Arms - Moderate Weight, higher reps
    Interesting split.

    Would you mind laying it out?

    Why is there no direct shoulder work?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    DIET
    Ive attahed the diet. It had to be in an image format because the program i set it up in wont export it so I had to take a screen dump. Sorry about this but I only realised it after i did it all. I have it in HTML format but thr forum wont let me upload it.


    Thanks lads,
    OX
    I'm looking at the print out and some of the totals appear off.

    e.g. Fiber.

    You have a food listed which adds fiber... and another that contributes none.

    Yet in the meal total, fiber is 7gr+ higher.

    Why is this?

    -CNS

  23. #543
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    STATS
    Age - 25
    Weight - 111.6kg (246lbs)
    BF - 16.67%
    Height - 182cm (6')
    Activity - Moderate at work, low on days off.
    What do you do for work?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    Cardio - No extra cardio outside work.
    Noted

    For reference:

    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Noted.

    LBM: 205 lbs
    The diet you uploaded... The kcals are about right.

    The fat is marginally higher than i would have laid out... and the protein a lot higher.

    I really do not like how much protein you've chosen to ingest.. I think it's way too high honestly.

    At the very minimum, I think you're trying to pack too much into each meal.

    The kcals overall are adequate as I mentioned...

    If you choose to go this route w/ regard to macros totals... I'd suggest that you add another meal, so you can lower your protein per meal total to something more feasible.

    7 meals: 60 gr protein/meal

    I'd fathom that you'll eventually plateau on this diet... So start it... stick to it for at least 6 weeks..and then come back here to have it revised.

    -CNS

  24. #544
    SmittyTheOX's Avatar
    SmittyTheOX is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    This isn't a drug advice thread... but i will ask: What is your previous experience with t3?
    Ive ran T3 twice in the past with clen . Had good results with it up to a max doseage of about 100mg/day then slowly tapepring off. My 'theory' for using it this time is to basically run it throughout at a dosage of 60mg/day to prevent my metabolism crashing as I slowly reduce calories (when progress stalls).

    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Interesting split.

    Would you mind laying it out?

    Why is there no direct shoulder work?
    My routine might be a bit hard to follow if your not familiar with Westside type powerlifting routines, ill do my best to explain it. I dont do very much direct shoulder work as my shoulders cop a beating from all my heavy pressing/pulling and anything more then a little prehab work with raises seems to set them up for injury.

    MON
    ME SQUAT/DEAD - Work up to a 1-2RM in 1 of the following:
    Squat
    Dead
    Box Squat
    Sumo Deads

    SUPPLEMENTAL MOVEMENT 5x3-5 (reps x sets) of 1-2 of the following
    Good Mornings
    Romanian Deads
    Stiff Leg Deads
    Zercher Squats
    Rack Pulls

    ACCESSORIES
    AB Work - All kinds
    Post. Chain - Pull Throughs, Hypers, etc


    WED
    ME BENCH - Work up to a 1-2RM in 1 of the following:
    Bench
    Incline Bench
    Floor Press

    SUPPLEMENTAL MOVEMENT 5x3-5 (reps x sets) of 1-2 of the following
    CG Incline Press
    DB Floor Press
    Weighted Dips
    JM Press

    ACCESSORIES
    Lat Work - Rows, Cleans
    Tris - Pushdowns, Extensions, skull crushers


    THUR
    DE/RE SQUAT/DEAD - vaires between speed/rep work on:
    Squat
    AND
    Dead

    SUPPLEMENTAL MOVEMENT 8-12x3-5 (reps x sets) of 1-2 of the following:
    Leg Press
    Good Mornings
    Romanian Deads
    Stiff Leg Deads
    Zercher Squats
    Rack Pulls

    ACCESSORIES
    AB Work - All kinds
    Post. Chain - Pull Throughs, Hypers, etc


    SAT
    DE/RE BENCH - vaires between speed/rep work on:
    Bench (or variant)

    SUPPLEMENTAL MOVEMENT 8-12x3-5 (reps x sets) of 1-2 of the following:
    CG Incline Press
    DB Floor Press
    Weighted Dips
    JM Press

    ACCESSORIES
    Lat Work - Rows, Cleans
    Tris - Pushdowns, Extensions, skull crushers
    Bis - Curls etc
    Shoulders/Traps - Face Pulls, Lat raises etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I'm looking at the print out and some of the totals appear off.

    e.g. Fiber.

    You have a food listed which adds fiber... and another that contributes none.

    Yet in the meal total, fiber is 7gr+ higher.

    Why is this?

    -CNS
    Thats just the way the program I used totaled it up. Some of the foods wernt in it so I had to add them. All I added was the PFC and cals.


    OX

  25. #545
    SmittyTheOX's Avatar
    SmittyTheOX is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    What do you do for work?
    I work in a timber/trade hardware store and I do a little personal training whilst I study for my S&C title.


    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    The diet you uploaded... The kcals are about right.

    The fat is marginally higher than i would have laid out... and the protein a lot higher.

    I really do not like how much protein you've chosen to ingest.. I think it's way too high honestly.

    At the very minimum, I think you're trying to pack too much into each meal.

    The kcals overall are adequate as I mentioned...

    If you choose to go this route w/ regard to macros totals... I'd suggest that you add another meal, so you can lower your protein per meal total to something more feasible.

    7 meals: 60 gr protein/meal

    I'd fathom that you'll eventually plateau on this diet... So start it... stick to it for at least 6 weeks..and then come back here to have it revised.

    -CNS
    I had my previous bluking/strength diet in the earlier part of this thread. What I did was take that diet and clean it up a little and alter the calories. The idea behind it was not to shock the body with such a dramatic change. By not going 'full on' into a cutting regime, ive given myself plenty of room to move when I do eventually plateau.

    Thanks for your input to mate, like I said before, I think its always important to have someone else help you with your diet top stop you over analysing shit.

    OX

  26. #546
    SmittyTheOX's Avatar
    SmittyTheOX is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    556
    Oh and yes the meals do seem very large but because I have been eating such large meals over the winter, I dont want to all of a sudden drop back to smaller more frequent meals. When Ive done this in the past it has lead to more cheat meals and over eating.

  27. #547
    Prada's Avatar
    Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tampa,Montreal,Paris
    Posts
    4,186
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Before I take a crack at that... I have my newest article for you guys to peruse.

    http://www.feelitnutrition.com/blog/...orey-springer/



    Cut Liquid Calories… Cut bodyfat.

    By Corey Springer AKA “Narkissos”
    Friday, September 5th 2008: The NarkSide

    Taken from: “Cut Liquid Calories… Cut bodyfat.” by Corey Springer


    The average gym-goer, when asked, usually claims to have “no idea” why they’re having difficulty losing bodyfat. The usual claim follows the vein of: “I eat no junk food… I eat really healthy man!”

    ‘Healthy’, one of those terms I hate to hear. That, however, is a rant for another time.

    Ok… getting back on track:

    Joe Gym-dude:
    “I eat healthy”.

    Me:
    “Ok… We all do. Why do you then, not look like I do?”

    Joe Gym-dude:
    “I don’t know man… It must be my genetics”.


    (Genetics… another monster of a rant for another time.)


    If you’re a subscriber to "the NarkSide" message board, you will have come across some of my previous articles…and some of the arguments raised therein. One such argument is that people eat a lot worse than they think they do. In addition, people underestimate just how impactful liquid calories are.


    Ergo this article: Cut the liquid Calories… cut the bodyfat.

    Tell me… Do you frequently consume juices, smoothies, coffee concoctions, ‘energy drinks’, or soft drinks with or between meals?

    (Yes… I lumped juices in there with soft drinks, though many fail to make this distinction. Studies show that this is erroneous, as sweetened juices are just as likely to cause weight-gain as non-diet soft drinks.[1][2])

    The answer is probably ‘yes’… and you’d be in the company of millions of failed dieters around the world.

    Yes… millions.


    Using the United States as a gauge, it has been documented that:


    * In the past 50 years, consumption of soft drinks has increased by almost 500%.[3]
    * Half of all Americans and most adolescents consume soft drinks multiple times daily.[4]



    Why does it matter what you drink?


    Well…Weight-loss revolves around a relatively simple mathematical equation:

    * Weight-loss= calories consumed < calories expended


    For argument’s sake, let’s say that the above equation is true regardless of where the calories come from.

    What we drink matters because liquid calories, like all calories, matter.

    Unfortunately, we tend to forget to count these calories.:

    The sodas, juices and teas;

    The cream, creamer and sugar in our coffee;

    It all adds up.

    Adding up… as inches around the waist.

    Every calorie you consume affects your weight-loss goal.


    To give you an idea just much so, let’s review the caloric content of some of the most commonly consumed beverages:


    * Blended coffee drinks: 250-850 calories (i.e. the cumulative calorie count of 1-3 average sized meals)
    * Gatorade: 310 calories per 12 fl oz
    * Coke: 97 calories per 8 fl oz
    * Vitamin Water: 50 calories per 8 fl oz



    With regard to Gatorade and the like: nobody consumes an 8 oz serving…

    Let’s be real with ourselves.

    8 oz isn’t satisfying (though studies do argue that liquid calories aren’t ’satisfying’ period [5]).

    The average beverage intake is 16-20oz per meal.


    This bumps the kcal intake to:


    * Gatorade: <>500 calories
    * Coke: <>240 calories
    * Vitamin Water: <>125 calories



    Putting this all in perspective, what we are looking at is the consumption of basically 1-3 meal’s worth of calories in liquid form in addition to a solid meal.

    The average daily calorie requirement is 1920kcals and 1680kcals for a male and female respectively.

    The indiscriminate ingestion of these beverages can easily result in an aggregate calorie intake double or triple that required for the maintenance of one’s body weight.

    Like I said… It all adds up.

    …Usually around the waist.


    So what can we do?


    Well you could:


    * Swap sweetened juices for unsweetened juices
    * Retain the natural fibers (AKA ‘pith’) in your unsweetened juices. (Increased fiber content blunts the resulting blood sugar elevation.)
    * Drink water/diet beverages with meals.
    * If you must consume alcohol during cocktail hour, choose wine (or the good old vodka + diet coke/diet sprite + lime) over the sugary drinks.


    Little changes beget big results.
    Good luck.

    -C.Springer

    Owner Of Apollo Fitness Barbados & “The NarkSide” Fitness Forums




    References:


    1. Julie R. Palmer, ScD; Deborah A. Boggs, MS; Supriya Krishnan, DSc; Frank B. Hu, MD; Martha Singer, MPH; Lynn Rosenberg, ScD. “Sugar-Sweetened Beverages and Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in African American Women”. Arch Intern Med. 2008;168(14):1487-1492.
    2. Lenny R. Vartanian, PhD, Marlene B. Schwartz, PhD and Kelly D. Brownell, PhD. “Effects of Soft Drink Consumption on Nutrition and Health: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”. April 2007, Vol 97, No. 4 | American Journal of Public Health 667-675
    3. Putnam JJ, Allshouse JE. Food consumption, prices and expenditures, 1970?97. Washington, DC: Food and Consumers Economics Division, Economic Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, 1999.
    4. Borrud L, Enns CW, Mickle S. What we eat: USDA surveys food consumption changes. Commun Nutr Inst 1997;27:4?5.
    5. Mattes RD. Dietary compensation by humans for supplemental energy provided as ethanol or carbohydrate in fluids. Physiol Behav 1996;59:179?87.
    Who is this Corey Springer character?

    Anyways to add to what "Corey" stated, personally Id rather or much rather eat fruits versus drink "100% juice% .
    The fiber content and vitamins and mineral that may have been lost are essential. Its not processed and it does not contain added sugar. Sodas? I dont even know where to commence with that. I have completely annihilated that from my diet. Good point and article Corey.

    Nark I sincerely hope Corey sues your ass for intellectual property infringement.
    Last edited by Prada; 09-07-2008 at 11:41 AM.

  28. #548
    AdamGH's Avatar
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,353
    Ok, here is my fixed diet from earlier in the thread. I think this is a winner. Only problem Im having is hunger. im hungry within an hour after eating sometimes. do i just starve or what? lol ill restate my stats and goals:

    5'10"
    205lbs
    11% body fat
    Im natural, no supplements either.

    goal:
    8% body fat(see my abs, genetics arent kind to me)

    Your approximate daily caloric maintenance level is: 3061 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to lose weight should be between: 2061 to 2561 calories (kcal)


    Meal 1:
    2 whole eggs - 140 calories, 12g protein, 9g fat
    6 egg whites - 120 calories, 24g protein, 0g fat
    1/2 cup oats - 150 calories, 5g protein, 3g fat, 27g carbs

    Totals: 410 calories, 41g protein, 27g carbs, 12g fat

    Meal 2:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat

    Meal 3:
    2 cans of Tuna - 200 calories, 44g protein, 4g fat
    Mayo 2 tbsp - 90 calories, 8g fat, 4g carbs

    Totals: 290 calories, 44g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat

    Meal 4:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat

    Meal 5:
    2 cans of Tuna - 200 calories, 44g protein, 4g fat
    Mayo 2 tbsp - 90 calories, 8g fat, 4g carbs

    Totals: 290 calories, 44g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat

    Meal 6:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat

    Fish, Flaxseed, Borage Oil – 12 caps - 120 calories, 12g fat
    (spread throughout the day)

    Daily totals:
    2309 calories, 255g protein, 212g carbs, 44g fat

  29. #549
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    Who is this Corey Springer character?
    LMAO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    Anyways to add to what "Corey" stated, personally Id rather or much rather eat fruits versus drink "100% juice% .
    Yeppers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    The fiber content and vitamins and mineral that may have been lost are essential. Its not processed and it does not contain added sugar. Sodas? I dont even know where to commence with that. I have completely annihilated that from my diet. Good point and article Corey.
    :awesomewo

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    Nark I sincerely hope Corey sues your ass for intellectual property infringement.
    You know you're my number 1 fan.

    -Corey Narkissos Springer

  30. #550
    bodybuilder1107's Avatar
    bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In The Gym
    Posts
    1,250
    hi narkissos, you dont except pms so i was wondering how to contact you on becoming a client, im starting my first cycle next month and need to get my diet set could you please help me? thanks

  31. #551
    Prada's Avatar
    Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tampa,Montreal,Paris
    Posts
    4,186
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    You know you're my number 1 fan.

    -Corey Narkissos Springer
    I think Ive expressed that enough on the darkside my anti-derivative friend.



    If you dont understand I suggest you take a look at the darkside.

  32. #552
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    hi narkissos, you dont except pms so i was wondering how to contact you on becoming a client, im starting my first cycle next month and need to get my diet set could you please help me? thanks
    PMs were turned off because of a bunch of weirdos who kept contacting me.

    Emails were kept on however.

    I've turned the PM feature back on...

    However, please refer questions of this nature to email.

    Thanks

    -CNS
    Last edited by Narkissos; 09-07-2008 at 01:36 PM.

  33. #553
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX;41***57
    Ive ran T3 twice in the past with clen. Had good results with it up to a max doseage of about 100mg/day then slowly tapepring off. My 'theory' for using it this time is to basically run it throughout at a dosage of 60mg/day to prevent my metabolism crashing as I slowly reduce calories (when progress stalls).
    Gotcha... I prefer to err on the lighter side of ergogenic supplementation.

    Personally I'd start 25mcg (I don't go past 50 mcg)... or since you're not exactly going subcaloric, I'd actually opt for t4 (as this is my cutting compound of preference).

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX;41***57
    My routine might be a bit hard to follow if your not familiar with Westside type powerlifting routines, ill do my best to explain it. I dont do very much direct shoulder work as my shoulders cop a beating from all my heavy pressing/pulling and anything more then a little prehab work with raises seems to set them up for injury.
    I figured that was the rationale... but I preferred to have it stated.

    I also wanted to see how you had it laid out w/ regard to the days stated.

    My understanding was that it'd be EOD... but you had a 2-on 1-off 2-on- 2-off stated.

    So i was wondering if it were a hybrid.

    I'm always interested in trying hybrids.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX;41***57
    MON
    ME SQUAT/DEAD - Work up to a 1-2RM in 1 of the following:
    Squat
    Dead
    Box Squat
    Sumo Deads

    SUPPLEMENTAL MOVEMENT 5x3-5 (reps x sets) of 1-2 of the following
    Good Mornings
    Romanian Deads
    Stiff Leg Deads
    Zercher Squats
    Rack Pulls

    ACCESSORIES
    AB Work - All kinds
    Post. Chain - Pull Throughs, Hypers, etc


    WED
    ME BENCH - Work up to a 1-2RM in 1 of the following:
    Bench
    Incline Bench
    Floor Press

    SUPPLEMENTAL MOVEMENT 5x3-5 (reps x sets) of 1-2 of the following
    CG Incline Press
    DB Floor Press
    Weighted Dips
    JM Press

    ACCESSORIES
    Lat Work - Rows, Cleans
    Tris - Pushdowns, Extensions, skull crushers


    THUR
    DE/RE SQUAT/DEAD - vaires between speed/rep work on:
    Squat
    AND
    Dead

    SUPPLEMENTAL MOVEMENT 8-12x3-5 (reps x sets) of 1-2 of the following:
    Leg Press
    Good Mornings
    Romanian Deads
    Stiff Leg Deads
    Zercher Squats
    Rack Pulls

    ACCESSORIES
    AB Work - All kinds
    Post. Chain - Pull Throughs, Hypers, etc


    SAT
    DE/RE BENCH - vaires between speed/rep work on:
    Bench (or variant)

    SUPPLEMENTAL MOVEMENT 8-12x3-5 (reps x sets) of 1-2 of the following:
    CG Incline Press
    DB Floor Press
    Weighted Dips
    JM Press

    ACCESSORIES
    Lat Work - Rows, Cleans
    Tris - Pushdowns, Extensions, skull crushers
    Bis - Curls etc
    Shoulders/Traps - Face Pulls, Lat raises etc.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX;41***57
    Thats just the way the program I used totaled it up. Some of the foods wernt in it so I had to add them. All I added was the PFC and cals.

    OX
    Gotcha.



    -CNS

  34. #554
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX;41***69
    Oh and yes the meals do seem very large but because I have been eating such large meals over the winter, I dont want to all of a sudden drop back to smaller more frequent meals.
    I'm curious... Can you lay out what your previous diet looks like?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX;41***69
    When Ive done this in the past it has lead to more cheat meals and over eating.
    I'm not suggesting drastic changes... Personally I'm just advocating a more even spread of kcals.

    If you're adamant w/ regard to sticking to the 6 meals... I'd still suggest evenly spreading kcals.

    So you'd be looking at 70gr protein/meal.

    As opposed to 50+ in one meal and 80 in another.

    Get what i'm saying?

    -C

  35. #555
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Ok... I'll address the over kcals first:

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Ok, here is my fixed diet from earlier in the thread. I think this is a winner. Only problem Im having is hunger. im hungry within an hour after eating sometimes. do i just starve or what? lol ill restate my stats and goals:

    5'10"
    205lbs
    11% body fat
    Im natural, no supplements either.

    goal:
    8% body fat(see my abs, genetics arent kind to me)

    Your approximate daily caloric maintenance level is: 3061 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to lose weight should be between: 2061 to 2561 calories (kcal)


    Meal 1:
    2 whole eggs - 140 calories, 12g protein, 9g fat
    6 egg whites - 120 calories, 24g protein, 0g fat
    1/2 cup oats - 150 calories, 5g protein, 3g fat, 27g carbs

    Totals: 410 calories, 41g protein, 27g carbs, 12g fat

    Meal 2:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat

    Meal 3:
    2 cans of Tuna - 200 calories, 44g protein, 4g fat
    Mayo 2 tbsp - 90 calories, 8g fat, 4g carbs

    Totals: 290 calories, 44g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat

    Meal 4:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat

    Meal 5:
    2 cans of Tuna - 200 calories, 44g protein, 4g fat
    Mayo 2 tbsp - 90 calories, 8g fat, 4g carbs

    Totals: 290 calories, 44g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat

    Meal 6:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat

    Fish, Flaxseed, Borage Oil – 12 caps - 120 calories, 12g fat
    (spread throughout the day)

    Daily totals:
    2309 calories, 255g protein, 212g carbs, 44g fat
    Your current macro ratio:

    <>17 % Fat
    <>37 % carbs
    <>44 % protein

    ^^Fat's too low.

    kcals are a little lower than i'd suggest... I'd suggest adding another 10-12 gr of supplemental fat spread tru-out the day.

    Bumping your kcals to around 2500kcals.

    (^^Ignore that suggestion if you've neglected to add the 12 grams of supplemental fats you listed to the overall count. While you mentioned them.. you didn't show where they'll be ingested... and their ingestion didn't reflect in the overall kcal count)

    -C
    Last edited by Narkissos; 09-07-2008 at 02:10 PM.

  36. #556
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Meal 1:
    2 whole eggs - 140 calories, 12g protein, 9g fat
    6 egg whites - 120 calories, 24g protein, 0g fat
    1/2 cup oats - 150 calories, 5g protein, 3g fat, 27g carbs

    Totals: 410 calories, 41g protein, 27g carbs, 12g fat
    ^^You need to spread your fat intake more equally tru-out the day.

    Meal 1, for example, is too high... Average 9gr from meal to meal.

    So drop one egg yolk in meal 1.. make up the protein total by filling the deficit w/ eggwhites.

    Make sure you hit your fat totals from meal to meal w/ supplemental fats in the appropriate amounts.


    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Meal 2:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat
    Move the broccoli from this meal.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Meal 3:
    2 cans of Tuna - 200 calories, 44g protein, 4g fat
    Mayo 2 tbsp - 90 calories, 8g fat, 4g carbs

    Totals: 290 calories, 44g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat
    Put the broccoli here.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Meal 4:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat
    Move the broccoli from this meal.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Meal 5:
    2 cans of Tuna - 200 calories, 44g protein, 4g fat
    Mayo 2 tbsp - 90 calories, 8g fat, 4g carbs

    Totals: 290 calories, 44g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat
    ..and put it here.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Meal 6:
    6oz chicken - 165 calories, 34.5 g protein, 3.75 fat
    2 cups Broccoli - 60 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat 23g carbs
    6 oz Sweet potato - 155 calories, 36g carbs, 3.75g protein, 0 fat

    Totals: 380 calories, 42g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat
    ... leave as is.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Fish, Flaxseed, Borage Oil – 12 caps - 120 calories, 12g fat
    (spread throughout the day)
    Show me where.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Daily totals:
    2309 calories, 255g protein, 212g carbs, 44g fat
    w/ the above suggestions, you should be @ 2400 kcals.

    Overall, a pretty solid and thought-out diet.

    Lemme know how the adjustments work.

    -CNS

  37. #557
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    I'm heading out for lunch at the moment... Feel free to continue to post questions etc.

    -C

  38. #558
    AdamGH's Avatar
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Ok... I'll address the over kcals first:



    Your current macro ratio:

    <>17 % Fat
    <>37 % carbs
    <>44 % protein

    ^^Fat's too low.

    kcals are a little lower than i'd suggest... I'd suggest adding another 10-12 gr of supplemental fat spread tru-out the day.

    Bumping your kcals to around 2500kcals.

    (^^Ignore that suggestion if you've neglected to add the 12 grams of supplemental fats you listed to the overall count. While you mentioned them.. you didn't show where they'll be ingested... and their ingestion didn't reflect in the overall kcal count)

    -C
    Yes, my totals did include the supplemental fats. I take 2 capsules(10 cal, 1g fat each) per meal. So I should double my intake and Ill be good.

  39. #559
    AdamGH's Avatar
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    ^^You need to spread your fat intake more equally tru-out the day.

    Meal 1, for example, is too high... Average 9gr from meal to meal.

    So drop one egg yolk in meal 1.. make up the protein total by filling the deficit w/ eggwhites.

    Make sure you hit your fat totals from meal to meal w/ supplemental fats in the appropriate amounts.




    Move the broccoli from this meal.



    Put the broccoli here.



    Move the broccoli from this meal.



    ..and put it here.



    ... leave as is.



    Show me where.



    w/ the above suggestions, you should be @ 2400 kcals.

    Overall, a pretty solid and thought-out diet.

    Lemme know how the adjustments work.

    -CNS

    Thanks! Ill revise my diet with your suggestions.

  40. #560
    bodybuilder1107's Avatar
    bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In The Gym
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    PMs were turned off because of a bunch of weirdos who kept contacting me.

    Emails were kept on however.

    I've turned the PM feature back on...

    However, please refer questions of this nature to email.

    Thanks

    -CNS
    i sent you an email, thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •