Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    gotcha i bug them all the time so i have a feelin this is what there gunna tell you LOL

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    You're cutting...it can work going low carb like that, depends on how you respond is all...I would honestly bump up some healthy fats if you're gonna run it like this....also I suggest a carb load day perphaps every 3 days or so...bump up about 200-300g of carbs on those days from either oats or sweet taters. Some people are different...some like no to low carbing and others don't.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Imma address the last bit first:

Quote Originally Posted by DesiBoy
    Was on a "no carb" diet for 4 weeks before came down to 225 from 250.
    25 lbs in 4 weeks is a shitload.

You're 10 days into this current diet..and your weight is holding, so i figure it's an accurate base weight.

I would not have jumped straight to this type of dieting style to be honestly.

Have you used refeeds during the 'no carb period?

-CNS

DesiBoy is offline Associate Member
    Never tried the refeeds carb thing. I lost some fullness but honestly it probably was about 3 month process of losing the weight but now I feel lean but confused cause some people say to bump carbs while others to keep them this way like the new diet that I posted. By the way I just got back from the store with a bag of red potatoes cause that guy here said to add some carbs and here I am. Please give me advice what to do. I ate 2 potatoes already but if I have to will stick to my diet like posted. By the way with all those diets I didn't loose any size other than my waist and my face changed a lot(was holding water before). How about cycle high and low carbs like I normally take 150-160 carbs(with my new diet) for 2-3 days and then every 3-4 day do 260g carbs day and the next day back on the low carb one.
    Last edited by DesiBoy; 10-14-2008 at 08:48 PM.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by DesiBoy View Post
    Never tried the refeeds carb thing. I lost some fullness but honestly it probably was about 3 month process of losing the weight but now I feel lean but confused cause some people say to bump carbs while others to keep them this way like the new diet that I posted. By the way I just got back from the store with a bag of red potatoes cause that guy here said to add some carbs and here I am. Please give me advice what to do. I ate 2 potatoes already but if I have to will stick to my diet like posted. By the way with all those diets I didn't loose any size other than my waist and my face changed a lot(was holding water before). How about cycle high and low carbs like I normally take 150-160 carbs(with my new diet) for 2-3 days and then every 3-4 day do 260g carbs day and the next day back on the low carb one.
    This thread revolves around the premise that using carbs can be done responsibly and with good results. That in mind, I will address your situation later.

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    sweet ill tune back in when i got home tonight
    no time huh, well at least you have your priorities straight Homework 1st Career is important , i will be waiting LOL
    it's coming man, this week is a blast.

Big Request for Proposal Thursday, and Grad School exam on Friday, biggest of the year.

^^^^Good Luck Drink your tea, eat a Banana and listen to Mozart LOL or Slayer if you prefer.
    you work hard on your body and in school you will be fine

ruwet is offline New Member
    Is half a cup of Brown rice twice a day to much if your trying to cut???

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    This thread revolves around the premise that using carbs can be done responsibly and with good results. That in mind, I will address your situation later.

Thanks for replying, I will go with the 150g carbs daily with every 3rd day bump up 100g more carbs. Let me know if I should give it a try? I actually did my first high carb day today at 200g and now have a hard time finishing my last 2 meals. Really hard to digest the food when there's carbs in there, feel so full, like I am going to explode. By the way do you think I should spread out the extra 100g carbs in two meals or take it in one on my high carb day? If you have a suggestion for me please let me know? Will highly appreciate it. thanks again.

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys i finally got my BF tested, i came in at 11% which was less than i thought
    Now i have been eating a diet based on 2800 maintenance cals for the last week but now it seems i underestimated that number. Using the Katch-McArdle formular it puts my maintenance at 3195 cals, can you guys make sure i am doing that right??

Anyway here is my diet based on my new maintenance cal requirements, i will be following this for 4-6 weeks to see how my body composition changes, then i will change it from there and maybe cycle my carbs on non training days.

Cals/Carbs/Pro/Fat

MEAL 1:

5 x egg whites
    2 x full eggs
    80g quick oats

459/45/45/11

MEAL 2:

135g chicken breast
    253g sweet potato
    5ml olive oil

450/45/45/10

MEAL 3:

Repeat of meal 2

MEAL 4:

1 1/2 scoops whey
    80g quick oats
    16 almonds

470/45/50/10

"WORKOUT"

MEAL 5:

1 1/2 scoops whey
    80g quick oats

360/45/45/0

MEAL 6:

repeat of meal 2

MEAL 7:

1 1/2 scoops of 12hr protein
    80g quick oats
    15ml flax oil

495/45/45/15

TOTAL: 3134/315/320/56

On non lifting days instead of using just sweet potato i make the majority of my carbs from broccoli and green peas and only about 10g from sweet potato.
    Also non lifting days i am not having my PWO shake (Meal 5) which is bringing my total cals down a little, do you think i should bump all the other meals up a bit to make up the cals on non lifting days or leave it how it is?? I seem to like it atm...
    I buy and cook all my own food the chicken breast is cooked in a pan on the stove and all my vegies etc are boiled. Sometimes i will have a peice of fruit eg: Pair or Banana in place of about 25g of carbs in some meals just so i dont get bored with what i am eating. Some of my macros might be slightly out as i am using a digital scale that has all the values already programed into it for over 1000 different foods! I think its pretty acurate but you never know..

Here's my stats again:

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 88kg
    BF: 11%
    Goals: bring BF down until i can see my abs without flexing and get more muscular definition, maintain as much LBM as possible and from there add more LBM without loosing my abs and definition (i dont know if this is a feesable goal as so your input is appreciated

I lift 3-4 days a week for anywhere from 1hr to 1.75hrs depending if im training muscles once or twice a week
    I have been lifting weights for over 3 years now
    I have just started doing cardio twice a week in the AM 30-45 mins on off days
    Im a mechanic and my job involves heavy lifting sometimes and a shitload of walking as our complex is huge!

Also i just found a lil problem when adding up my total cals.
    If i add them up from top to bottom it totals what i have listed but if i add them up together for example:

(315 x 4) + (320 x 4) + (56 x 9) it totals 3044 cals instead of 3134

Am i adding up something wrong or not understanding something??

Thanks in advance for your opinions
    Last edited by I_Want_Abs; 10-15-2008 at 05:31 AM.

I'm going to break my one candle rule and post up my current diet without macros.

I feel like many see me post up critiques for all these diets and they see me do this without knowing what my diet looks like. So here it is, I will add values later, but I am in between grad classes today and I feel like talking diet, not health information systems.

Pro/Carb/Fat...

Meal 1:

2 cups skim milk
    2 scoops whey protein
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese + splenda + cinnamon

76/40/2
    Totals: 482cals

my first meal of the day can really bog me down and make it hard for me to eat 2.5 hours later. SO i myself do resort to whey, and milk. However, I feel teh benefits of whey+casein are not only documented, but beneficial to me.

Meal 2; 2.5 hours later:

12oz eye round steak
    2 medium red potatoes

68/48/24
    Totals: 680cals

this meal sums up my diet. I aim for about 50-60g protein in each meal and about 40g carbs.

Meal 3; 2.5 hours later:

16oz pork chops
    one medium sweet potato

72/48/16
    Totals 624cals

This is the time of day where I either feel like a bunny in heat, or i get sluggish, I down as much meat as i can at this point and try to stay a little active so i can survive without a nap. Naps destroy my diet because i always end up sleeping for 3-4 hours...

Meal 4; 2.5-3 hours later; pre workout

12oz eye round steak
    2 medium red potatoes

68/48/24

I also will mix powerade zero + 5g creatine +10g BCAA's. I sip this before i hit the gym, sip a little during my workout (but i mainly drink water when i lift) and i finish the drink after i train.

Meal 5; PWO (probably 15 or so minutes after I finish lifting)

2 cups skim milk
    2 scoops whey
    1-2 cups of fat free cottage cheese + cinnamon + splenda

76/40/2
    Totals: 482cals (calculated with just one cup of cottage cheese)

Meal 6; 1.5 hours after PWO

12oz beef or steak
    medium sweet potato

68/48/24

This meal is sometimes hard to stomach, but it's all about recovery, so I lay down and take my time eating here.

Meal 7; before bed

12-16oz flat iron steak
    2 cups green beans
    1Tbsp natty peanut butter

74/24/28
    Totals 644cals

I enjoy food before bed, so sometimes I throw in an apple as well.

Daily Totals:
    Pro-502g
    Carb-296g
    Fat-120g
    Cals-4,272kcals

*This is the gist. Certain days require different foods. For example, on thursdays i'm on campus for 6 hours, so i just bake an enitre bag of chicken breasts with me and 5-6 red potatoes. But the amount of protein and carbs consumed stays relatively the same.

I brew hot tea in between every meal that I can. I have quite teh stock pile of teas and I enjoy them with my meals. They also help slow blood sugar spikes if that is something you need to worry about with your diet. I drink tea because of the anti-o's, the flavanoids, and the health benefits... plus i enjoy it.

If it is an off day, I will just eat 10-12oz meat and potatoes in place of my PWO meal, and other meals move to an appropriate time. The appropriate time is 2.5 hours in between meals. The longest I like to go without food is 3 hours in between meals. I aim for 8-9 hours of sleep a night, and if I wake up to use the restroom I will sometimes drink some milk.

Also, I eat about 4 cups of broccoli a day. In meals 2 and 3 i will eat about two florettes or a cup in each meal. I use it to help keep me regular. This isn't really an issue because i eat teh skin on my potatoes as well.

Supplements I consume:

Meal 1: multivitamin + 2 g vitamin c
    Meal 2: b-complex vitamin +400mcg chromium
    Meal 3: 200mg ALA
    Meal 4: n/a
    PWO: 3g vitamin c + 400iu vitamin E
    Meal 6: b-complex vitamin + 400mcg chromium
    Before Bed: 3g Vitamin C

Currently I am

5'9"
    212lbs
    Hovering around the 10%bf mark
    I am bulking, naturally, and I hope to bulk until March or April.
    My goal is to reach 225lbs and stay under 12-13%bf.

I cut down around 8%bf for the summer and I have been bulking for 4 weeks. I have gained about 8 pounds since I started bulking, and I hope to continue to gain weight at a rate of 1-2 pounds per week.

If you have any questions or comments let me know. Again, I will add macros and specific numbers later when I have time at home.
    I realize now that I am shooting waaay to high on my protein intake. I am going to try and add in more carbs for the excess protein intake. Also, I am going to use less steak and more chicken and tuna, to help slightly lower my fat content, i don't like how high it is. But at this time, this is what I've been eating daily.

Hi, you guys a doing a great job here by helping us to fix our diets. I just want to post mine and to see if I can improve anything, so far it works good and so on.

Height: 185cm, 6ft 1inch
    Weight: 103kg, 223-225lbs
    BF: 11-12%
    WORKOUT EXPERIENCE: 10 years

Meal 1:
    1 Cup Oats(blended)300 10 54 5 mixed with a scoop of protein 120 24 3 1
    1 Cup Egg Whites 88 24 4 0
    1 slice bacon 90 5 0 7

Meal 2:
    8oz Chicken breast 250 50 0 1
    salad with 1 Tbs Olive Oil 120 0 0 14

POSTWORKOUT:
    1 cup Oats 300 10 54 5
    2 scoops Whey protein 240 48 6 2 plus 10g glutamine

Meal 3 "30Minutes after PWO meal"
    1 big can of tuna (10oz drained) 250 50 0 2.5
    salad

Meal 4at work)
    8oz Orange roughy or tilapia or sometimes just 8oz chicken instead 250 50 0 1
    salad

Meal 5at work)
    1 Tbs Olive Oil 120 0 0 14

CARDIO WORKOUT 30mins
    immediately after cardio 1.5oz(50ml) liquid aminos 120 22 6 0

Meal 6
    10oz cottage cheese 240 45 15 0
    flax seed oil

TOTAL: CAL - 2738, PRO - 388, CARBS - 142, FATS - 53.5

On the legs day I skip the cardio at night, other than that I do it every time after work(I work 5p.m. till 11p.m). Just started this diet about 10 days ago. Was on a "no carb" diet for 4 weeks before came down to 225 from 250. Started taking some var(60mg/day) and got maybe even lower than what my bf% says.(have some veins going around my waist now) Will have to measure it again. Just want to check that everything seems OK with my diet. Let me know if I can improve anything. thanks again.
    thanks bro but anyway I want to hear what nark and novastepp will say about it. also want to know how many carbs to take if this is not enough for the diet.
    Your diet is ok, but you need a standard carb source throughout your day. Potatoes, or oats are good sources. With your activity level you just plain aren't eating enough. That would be the first improvement i would make. You should hop up about 500cals for now. More carbs and fats spread throughout your meals, or at leass incorporating more carbs throughout your meals.

You wanted to know how many to take in... I would say you should at least be up to 220g everyday at your size.

I realize now that I am shooting waaay to high on my protein intake. I am going to try and add in more carbs for the excess protein intake. Also, I am going to use less steak and more chicken and tuna, to help slightly lower my fat content, i don't like how high it is. But at this time, this is what I've been eating daily.
    you do know exactly what your doing, but i a side note i read in a few studies, that naturally is very rare to put on more than 1% of your body weight in a month?<--of Muscle. what is your opinion on this? for example, say a person put on 10lbs of solid muscle they would have actaully gained 14-15lbs because the extra water storage as well as gylcogen in the muscle. what are your thoughs on this? not sure if this is , is so sorry
    Last edited by Deltasaurus; 10-15-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling

^^^^Good Luck Drink your tea, eat a Banana and listen to Mozart LOL or Slayer if you prefer.
    you work hard on your body and in school you will be fine
    I listen to video game music when i study. I think it regresses me to a time when I was so focused, that it focuses me now.

I updated my post to include macros.

you do know exactly what your doing, but i a side note i read in a few studies, that naturally is very rare to put on more than 1% of your body weight in a month?<--of Muscle. what is your opinion on this? for example, say a person put on 10lbs of solid muscle they would have actaully gained 14-15lbs because the extra water storage as well as gylcogen in the muscle. what are your thoughs on this? not sure if this is , is so sorry
    I believe the golden mark is 8lbs a year. But tissue builds in correspondence with everything else. vascularity, fat tissue, connective tissue. So if you gain 5lbs, that is probably 2 pounds of muscle.

I don't know that there is a set point, but that is all determined by genetics. My genetics are garbage. Harder than hell to build a chest, lats lag, i'm a mess

I listen to video game music when i study. I think it regresses me to a time when I was so focused, that it focuses me now.

I updated my post to include macros.
    No way so you bump like the instrumental's of like a hard part on a game where your locked in LOL Thats Friggin Awsome Stepp

Quote Originally Posted by ruwet View Post
    read the thread, please. these kinds of questions absolutely cannot be answered intelligently.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Want_Abs View Post
    Hey guys i finally got my BF tested, i came in at 11% which was less than i thought
    Now i have been eating a diet based on 2800 maintenance cals for the last week but now it seems i underestimated that number. Using the Katch-McArdle formular it puts my maintenance at 3195 cals, can you guys make sure i am doing that right??

Anyway here is my diet based on my new maintenance cal requirements, i will be following this for 4-6 weeks to see how my body composition changes, then i will change it from there and maybe cycle my carbs on non training days.

Cals/Carbs/Pro/Fat

MEAL 1:

5 x egg whites
    2 x full eggs
    80g quick oats

459/45/45/11

MEAL 2:

135g chicken breast
    253g sweet potato
    5ml olive oil

450/45/45/10

MEAL 3:

Repeat of meal 2

MEAL 4:

1 1/2 scoops whey
    80g quick oats
    16 almonds

470/45/50/10

"WORKOUT"

MEAL 5:

1 1/2 scoops whey
    80g quick oats

360/45/45/0

MEAL 6:

repeat of meal 2

MEAL 7:

1 1/2 scoops of 12hr protein
    80g quick oats
    15ml flax oil

495/45/45/15

TOTAL: 3134/315/320/56

On non lifting days instead of using just sweet potato i make the majority of my carbs from broccoli and green peas and only about 10g from sweet potato.
    Also non lifting days i am not having my PWO shake (Meal 5) which is bringing my total cals down a little, do you think i should bump all the other meals up a bit to make up the cals on non lifting days or leave it how it is?? I seem to like it atm...
    you should just spread your meals out accordingly and substitute a meal in place of your PWO meal, very simple.
    I buy and cook all my own food the chicken breast is cooked in a pan on the stove and all my vegies etc are boiled. Sometimes i will have a peice of fruit eg: Pair or Banana in place of about 25g of carbs in some meals just so i dont get bored with what i am eating. Some of my macros might be slightly out as i am using a digital scale that has all the values already programed into it for over 1000 different foods! I think its pretty acurate but you never know..

Here's my stats again:

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 88kg
    BF: 11%
    Goals: bring BF down until i can see my abs without flexing and get more muscular definition, maintain as much LBM as possible and from there add more LBM without loosing my abs and definition (i dont know if this is a feesable goal as so your input is appreciated

I lift 3-4 days a week for anywhere from 1hr to 1.75hrs depending if im training muscles once or twice a week
    I have been lifting weights for over 3 years now
    I have just started doing cardio twice a week in the AM 30-45 mins on off days
    Im a mechanic and my job involves heavy lifting sometimes and a shitload of walking as our complex is huge!

Also i just found a lil problem when adding up my total cals.
    If i add them up from top to bottom it totals what i have listed but if i add them up together for example:

(315 x 4) + (320 x 4) + (56 x 9) it totals 3044 cals instead of 3134

multipliers are tricky, but I find you right around teh same mark, so you are fine.

Am i adding up something wrong or not understanding something??

Thanks in advance for your opinions
    Ok, honestly, your diet looks great and I would advocate you put it to use keep up the hard work. It will show you results. Keep us updated, because I can tell you have your shit together and will, again, have great success.

I believe the golden mark is 8lbs a year. But tissue builds in correspondence with everything else. vascularity, fat tissue, connective tissue. So if you gain 5lbs, that is probably 2 pounds of muscle.

I don't know that there is a set point, but that is all determined by genetics. My genetics are garbage. Harder than hell to build a chest, lats lag, i'm a mess
    Have some what of the same problem. Great Tri's and Delts=like to do chest's work for him LOL. I am slowy tuning things and Correcting the Problem though.
    where i go 4 info from he said 12lbs-to-24lbs for Someone with awsome Gene's and Optimal growth conditions but most likely only the 1st year bummer.
    Im starting to do HIIT for 3 miles or slightly less ED except Rest and maybe Leg days(considering doing it on leg day since im not building legs just maintain) but i've do it so far for about a week and i can say it seems to be making a huge differnce,Whats your thoughts on this do i need to bump anything?
    IMO i think im good i just eat half of breakfast then wait 20-30mins do HIIT then eat the rest.

Im starting to do HIIT for 3 miles or slightly less ED except Rest and maybe Leg days(considering doing it on leg day since im not building legs just maintain) but i've do it so far for about a week and i can say it seems to be making a huge differnce,Whats your thoughts on this do i need to bump anything?
    IMO i think im good i just eat half of breakfast then wait 20-30mins do HIIT then eat the rest.
    You need to train legs. period.

as far as cardio, I would treat it like a workout, it's doing more than just legs. It's depleting glycogen just like a workout. I would eat your first meal, then do HIIT about an hour later, then eat your next meal afterward. That should keep your meals on track and it would properly fuel your cardio.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ruwet View Post
    No.

Go to the start of this thread.

The first page alone should answer simple questions like these.

-CNS

You need to train legs. period.

as far as cardio, I would treat it like a workout, it's doing more than just legs. It's depleting glycogen just like a workout. I would eat your first meal, then do HIIT about an hour later, then eat your next meal afterward. That should keep your meals on track and it would properly fuel your cardio.
    I do train legs, was just stating that i want to do HIIT on leg day also, which most do not do cardio on leg day.

BTW what do you think of my new split jsut started

Day1 Back,Light Bi's (No Lower Back)and Abs,Cardio Durring day many hours b4 i lift
    Day2 Chest,Tri's,Calves Cardio During day
    Day3 Legs and Lower Back, Cardio During Day
    day4 Shoulders,Bi's,Abs Cardio During Day
    Day5 Laggin Body Part Cardio During day and Low Int. Post_WO
    6 rest of light cardio
    7 rest
    yay nay? seems to work for me so i figure its good

I do train legs, was just stating that i want to do HIIT on leg day also, which most do not do cardio on leg day.

BTW what do you think of my new split jsut started

Day1 Back,Light Bi's (No Lower Back)and Abs,Cardio Durring day many hours b4 i lift
    Day2 Chest,Tri's,Calves Cardio During day
    Day3 Legs and Lower Back, Cardio During Day
    day4 Shoulders,Bi's,Abs Cardio During Day
    Day5 Laggin Body Part Cardio During day and Low Int. Post_WO
    6 rest of light cardio
    7 rest
    yay nay? seems to work for me so i figure its good
    if it works stick with it. plan to train whatever your "lagging body part" is on day 1 or 2. This kind of activity would also strain your CNS, so rest quite a bit whenever you can. It also would play a part in caloric needs, so don't overdo it. But it seems like an o.k. approach for cutting, just as long as you stick with that diet and keep carbs high.

if it works stick with it. plan to train whatever your "lagging body part" is on day 1 or 2. This kind of activity would also strain your CNS, so rest quite a bit whenever you can. It also would play a part in caloric needs, so don't overdo it. But it seems like an o.k. approach for cutting, just as long as you stick with that diet and keep carbs high.
    i dont know if you remember my diet its a few pages back but i was considering tweaking a bit and lower the protein slighty and bumping carbs up. what do u think?

Also, you gotta throw us a pic of you all Yoaked out and Natty

i dont know if you remember my diet its a few pages back but i was considering tweaking a bit and lower the protein slighty and bumping carbs up. what do u think?

I would keep it the way it is, and throw in a few extra grams around your workouts or cardio sessions, just keep it simple.

Also, you gotta throw us a pic of you all Yoaked out and Natty
    I was going to take a few today but my stupid webcam doesn't have a timed feature so I'm SOL until I can find someone to take a few of me.

I was going to take a few today but my stupid webcam doesn't have a timed feature so I'm SOL until I can find someone to take a few of me.
    right on, where do you goto school? or Live?

I am currently pursuing my Master's Degree in Health Informatics at the Indiana University School of Informatics.

I am currently pursuing my Master's Degree in Health Informatics at the Indiana University School of Informatics.
    Geeze What a Baller you are Career's are the way to go, well enough of the off topic stuff, Im gunna go Run for half hour then Feed LOL, TTYL Nova
    thanks for all the help

PS-Have you seen choke yet?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for replying, I will go with the 150g carbs daily with every 3rd day bump up 100g more carbs. Let me know if I should give it a try? I actually did my first high carb day today at 200g and now have a hard time finishing my last 2 meals.
    How did you spread the carb intake out?

Did you change your protein allotment for the day?

Post the 'high-carb' day you did for comparison.

A sidenote: I personally don't consider 200gr of carbs 'high'.

High is relative to the individual, said individual's LBM, and insulin sensitivity.

...The latter more so.

Really hard to digest the food when there's carbs in there, feel so full, like I am going to explode. By the way do you think I should spread out the extra 100g carbs in two meals or take it in one on my high carb day?
    Spread over more than 'two' meals.

This is the premise of the thread: avoiding huge fluctuations in calories ingested... as well as huge fluctuations in blood glucose levels.

If you have a suggestion for me please let me know? Will highly appreciate it. thanks again.
    np.

Height: 185cm, 6ft 1inch
    Weight: 103kg, 223-225lbs
    BF: 11-12%
    WORKOUT EXPERIENCE: 10 years
    Your current bf% is an estimate?

Base kcal intake: 2700kcals (450kcals/meal: 6 meals as laid out)
    Refeed: 3600 kcals (every 6th day)

Meal 1:
    1 slice bacon 90 5 0 7

Meal 2:

POSTWORKOUT:
    1 cup Oats 300 10 54 5

salad

Meal 4at work)
    salad

Meal 5at work)

CARDIO WORKOUT 30mins
    immediately after cardio 1.5oz(50ml) liquid aminos 120 22 6 0

Meal 6
    flax seed oil

TOTAL: CAL - 2738, PRO - 388, CARBS - 142, FATS - 53.5
    That is incorrect.

The macros listed = 2601.5 kcals.

Anyway.. my thoughts on the diet above:

Too much protein... Too little fiber... Too little fat... Too little carbs.

I suspect that on your 'high carb day' you consumed the same amount of protein... correct?

If you were to stick with this form of dieting... I'd suggest a High carb, low protein, low-fat carb-up at least once per week.

Not 200gr 'high-carb' either.

The diet you posted isn't a 'bad' diet by any stretch... Don't get me wrong.

-C

Blog Entries
    i am currently pursuing my master's degree in health informatics at the indiana university school of informatics.
    ygpm.

-cns

Lach01 is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys know you can get busy, last time i was on here got great advise from you both and would really appreciate it if you take a look at the diet i have posted on

been away for 7 months need help for push into right direction

Once again liketo thank you for the time taken to look over cheers.

Ok Nark and Nova I listen to what you said to me and here is my new new diet plan I already follow it( and let me tell u I feel like I will destroy the GYM, so much power, such a good workout). And the digestion is getting better. I was used to the lean protein and salads and there is no problem digesting them, now it takes a little longer before I hit the GYM... anyway..here is the diet, please correct me if there is something that you thing should be fixed and I will fix it right away.

Meal 1:
    1 whole egg 70 7 1 7
    1 slice bacon 90 5 0 7

668 70 62 20

Meal 2:
    2 medium red potatoes(300g) 200 8 52 0

570 58 52 15

POSTWORKOUT:
    1 cup Oats 300 10 54 5

540 58 60 7

1 medium red potato(150g) 100 4 26 0
    salad

470 54 26 16.5

Meal 4at work)
    almonds 160 6 6 14
    salad

410 56 6 15

Meal 5at work)
    1/2 Cup Oats(blended)150 5 27 3

520 55 27 18

CARDIO WORKOUT 30mins

Meal 6
    1 tbsp peanut butter 100 4 3 8
    flax seed oil

340 49 18 8

TOTAL: CAL - 3518, PRO - 400, CARBS - 251, FATS - 99.5

As u guys changed my mind on the carb thing now I will cruise around on this diet plan and will have a carb up day which will be 100g carbs more than what I eat normally but will lower the protein slightly like 50-60g?? what do u think about that, am I right on that and how many times per week I should bump up the carbs. Once again appreciate what u guys are doing. Very helpful. Later.
    Last edited by DesiBoy; 10-16-2008 at 11:44 AM.

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    Ok, honestly, your diet looks great and I would advocate you put it to use keep up the hard work. It will show you results. Keep us updated, because I can tell you have your shit together and will, again, have great success.
    Thanks heaps nova! I will come back in and keep you up to date on how things are going. I am due back to get my BF and measurements done again in about 4 weeks so depending on how much it has changed i will adjust the diet accordingly...

Talk soon guys

Double DD is offline New Member
    Hey Nark, I was wondering, I'm 6'1 230, 28% body fat, I've been workout all my life, I'm one of those guys that look good in shirts, but high body fat, I'm looing for a serious diet plan, I've cycled off and on since I was 20, and never got the full affect becasue of my eating, I'm serious now and want to get in the best shape of my life, I'm looking for a good diet to go on, and I was aslo thinking about adding some clen and t-3 in the miss to speed up the process, is that ok?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Double DD View Post
    Hey Nark, I was wondering, I'm 6'1 230, 28% body fat, I've been workout all my life, I'm one of those guys that look good in shirts, but high body fat, I'm looing for a serious diet plan, I've cycled off and on since I was 20, and never got the full affect becasue of my eating, I'm serious now and want to get in the best shape of my life, I'm looking for a good diet to go on, and I was aslo thinking about adding some clen and t-3 in the miss to speed up the process, is that ok?
    Since we discuss priorities in this thread I must say that clen and t3 should be at the bottom of the list.

Your priority at this point is to get on a great diet... bump your insulin sensitivity... and get into a the habit of adhering to a fixed plan.

From there you can add these tools.

Post your current diet so we can get this shit started.

-CNS

Blog Entries
    Desi... um, bro.. You've reaaaaally taken a leap there.

I'll let Nova point out how.

-CNS

hello

7am
    cup of oats
    4-eggs

12am
    protein shake
    banna turkey sand

4pm
    Chicken breast
    brokli 2 cups
    sweet potato

7pm
    4egg white
    rice brown-1 cup
    oaks 1 cup

9pm
    saliad and cottege cheese

Lach01 is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys, could you take a look at my diet and see where i can make improvements, would like to drop down to 10%bf or there abouts to get back to where i was before i stoped due to mum's illness etc, greatly appreicate any advice given cheers.

My Current Stats:
    height - 5'6"
    weight - 165lbs
    BF - 15%

Breakfast(work)
    Oatmeal - P5.4g C22.4g F2.1g CA129
    6eggs - P39.1g C2.9g F11g CA281

Meal 1(work)
    125g deli meat - P21.3g C5.3g F2.1g CA130
    2 bread - P6g C58g F1g CA260

Meal2(work)
    Cup Of veg - P2g C16g F0 CA80
    Chicken Breast6oz - P53.4g C0g F6.1g CA284
    sweet potato - P2.1g C26.8g F0.2g CA115

Meal 3(work)
    yogurt - P7.4g C16.2g F0g CA88
    Tin Tuna - P42.1g C0g F1.4g CA191
    small mayo

Pre-workout(work)
    Apple - P0.4g C19.1g F0.2g CA72
    Protein Shake p50g c3.6g F4.2g CA236

Post workout
    Protein shake p50g c3.6g F4.2g CA236
    Gatorade p0g C17g F0g CA 70
    Banana p1.3g C27g F0.4g CA105

meal4
    Chicken Breast P53.4g C0g F6.1g CA284
    Veg P2g C16g F0 CA80

Meal 5
    Casein Shake p50g c2.8g F1.6g CA220

Total: Protein(p): 385.9g Carbs(c): 236g Fat(f): 40.6g Calories(ca): 2861cal

cheers for all the help

ruwet is offline New Member
    Is there a site with nutritional info for different foods? i.e how much protein/carbs/cals/fat is in x ammount of chicken, or x amount of brown rice??

Thread Information