Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 320 of 1630
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101

  1. #281
    poundcake is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    68
    hey nark, im 27, 70in, 200lbs and about 20% bodyfat due to a 6 month layoff.

    now do you think i should do a timed carb approach first? or can i jump right into your approach? i noticed you said something about your diet not being the right one for people above 18%

    thanks in advance

  2. #282
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    Nice, thanks Nark. Yeah I actually just got done reading Pinnacle's thread. Good stuff, I need a little time to digest his views !)

    I'm not the author of that article my friend. I just posted it to help guys have some kind of understanding about carb cycling.

    The author of that article is " Twin Peaks". I'm just measly ol' Pinnacle

  3. #283
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by poundcake View Post
    hey nark, im 27, 70in, 200lbs and about 20% bodyfat due to a 6 month layoff.

    now do you think i should do a timed carb approach first? or can i jump right into your approach? i noticed you said something about your diet not being the right one for people above 18%

    thanks in advance
    The style of dieting.. yes.

    re: not being the 'right one'.

    I'd advise you do a timed carb approach to preface it.

    -C

  4. #284
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    I'm not the author of that article my friend. I just posted it to help guys have some kind of understanding about carb cycling.

    The author of that article is " Twin Peaks". I'm just measly ol' Pinnacle
    I saw a second part referenced in the article... Are you going to post it Pinnacle?

    -CNS

  5. #285
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    ok im 20 yrs old 190 lbs. 5'9 15ish% BF trying to cut down to 10%BF or lower losing very litttle muscle
    ok.

    Stop fixating on 'not losing muscle'.

    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    i work out 6 days a week and to cardio at 60-74% HR for 45-50 mins usually burn about 350 cals on the stationary bike it works for me , after weights everyday but i have me PWO shake 10 mins b4 i do the cardio
    That makes zero sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    heres my diet i finally got serious and did the Macro's i wanna get serious about this
    pro/carb/fat/ Cals dunno what k calls r?
    MEAL 1
    1/2 cup oats 5/27/2.5/150
    1 scoop of whey 23/3/2/100
    1 cup egg beaters 24/4/0/120

    52/34/4.5/370

    MEAL 2
    1 tbsp Ex Vir Olive oil 0/0/14/120
    1 1/3 serv chicken 37/0/.5/160

    37/0/14.5/180

    MEAL 3
    1 serving Broccoli 5/9/5/90
    1 1/3 serv chicken 37/0/.5/160

    42/9/5.5/250

    MEAL 4
    3 oz. tuna 39/0/0/180
    1/4 oats 2.5/15/1.25/75

    41.5/15/1.25/255

    WORK OUT PWO shake then CARDIO

    MEAL 5 the "shake" lol
    1/2 cup oats 5/27/2.5/150
    banana 0/17/0/67
    2 scoops whey 46/6/3.5/210

    51/33/6/427

    MEAL 6
    1 1/2 chick 42/0/1/180
    tbsp Ex Vir Olive oil 0/0/14/120

    42/0/15/300

    Right B4 bed
    Casein protein shake 23/4/1/120

    daily Total pro-288/carbs-110/fats-47.5/CALS-1902
    It's a decent-looking diet.

    Move the pwo shake til after cardio.

    Doesn't make sense refeeding beforehand.

    You're about 300kcals under where i'd put you.

    So... i'd suggest a re-feed once per week at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    i think im doing it all wrong look like i need about 6 more cals should i go veggies or what i need help thanks all input is openly welcome plz forgive any spelling or grammer errors thanks, AJ


    -CNS

  6. #286
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I saw a second part referenced in the article... Are you going to post it Pinnacle?

    -CNS

    1 & 2 are in this thread, I just didn't edit out the "click here' portion.

    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=347413

  7. #287
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    1 & 2 are in this thread, I just didn't edit out the "click here' portion.

    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=347413
    My bad...I somehow thought there was more.

    -CNS

  8. #288
    T3/T4 GSR's Avatar
    T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Haven't seen 'em as yet.

    Link me to the thread when they're up.



    That'd depend on you and your goals...

    At 14%+ you could choose to do it whenever you finally stagnate... (which could be anywhere from 6-12 weeks from now)

    You could do it pre-emptively, in anticipation of stagnation (to stay ahead of the progress curve)

    At any rate, I think you should stick to any changes you make to your diet or training for 6 weeks... and no less.



    There're a number of ways to go about cycling...whether it be carb-cycling or calorie cycling.

    Do you want to carb-cycle specifically?

    -CNS
    I know I gotta hop on those pics...I gotta borrow a camera because I went to take some and my battery is missing and I know that sounds like a cop out excuse haha. Next week I am going to get my body fat checked again. If it hasn't changed much I am going to start to stay ahead of the progress curve like you said. As far as which way to go it seems calorie cycling would be easier but I am not really familiar with exactly how each work. I do know that I want to try and do my best to avoid having to use something like clen as I feel if I do I want it to be the last step and not something to take me from 12-10% more like 9 to 7-8% if I feel I can get that low before I want to start bulking again.

  9. #289
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940

    Thanks in advance Nark

    any and all opinions welcome here, critique as hard as you can, though i would like reasoning behind the critiques, not just "you should do this, but i don't have a reason why" type of stuff, i'm trying to keep my diet very strict but i want to make sure it's good to start off with, thank you in advance

    STATS
    Age: 19
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8
    bf%: 8-10

    i eat every 2.5-3 hours, and i eat the same thing everyday, my diet vary rarely changes except for things like the switching of a sweet potato for the oatmeal, but i weigh the things i'm eating so it wouldn't change the diet much

    Cardio on an empty stomach (when i can) before my first meal and after my workout for 30-45 minutes

    Macros: Food/Calories/Protein-Carbs-Fat

    Meal 1: 60g Oatmeal/225cal/8gP-41gC-2gF
    turkey (99/1)/260/54gP-0gC-3gF
    2 Tbsp Mayo light 40cal/0gP-2gC-3gF

    Meal 2: 40g Oatmeal/150cal/5gP-27gC-1.5gF
    turkey (99/1)/260/54gP-0gC-3gF
    2 Tbsp Mayo light 40cal/0gP-2gC-3gF

    Meal 3: 40g Oatmeal/150cal/5gP-27gC-1.5gF
    beef (96/4)/300/50gP-0gC-8gF
    2 Tbsp Mayo light 40cal/0gP-2gC-3gF

    Meal 4: 10mL flax oil 90cal/0gP-0gC-10gF
    beef (96/4)/300/50gP-0gC-8gF
    2 Tbsp Mayo light 40cal/0gP-2gC-3gF

    Meal 5: 10mL fish oil 90cal/0gP-0gC-10gF
    Tuna 170cal/42gP-0gC-0gF
    3.5 Tbsp Mayo light 70/0gP-4gC-5gF

    Meal 6: Tuna 170cal/42gP-0gC-0gF
    3.5 Tbsp Mayo light 70/0gP-4gC-5gF
    beef or turkey 150cal/25gP-0gC-4gF

    macros:Calories: 2615
    Protein: 335
    Carbs: 111
    Fats: 74



    i will be cooking some chicken and such for next week, just didnt have any this time, i also eat a couple wasa crisps throughout the day with sugar free jam if i get hungry in between, though they are mostly fiber and if i shouldn't be eating them tell me and i'll stop

  10. #290
    xlxBigSexyxlx's Avatar
    xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,966
    Blog Entries
    2

  11. #291
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nark can you recommend any books ? Its hard finding good diet books since so many people have their own opinions.
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 06-07-2008 at 11:05 AM.

  12. #292
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post

    Thanks buddy.

    Thanks also to the members who keep checking it out.

    You guys make the forum what it is.






    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Nark can you recommend any books ? Its hard finding good diet books since so many people have their own opinions.

    I would have to run that question by a couple Vets on my board.

    The truth is, I've read so much literature over the last 10 years, I can't really pinpoint any specific eye-opener.

    My advice?

    1. Read everything.

    A couple years ago I started to feel somewhat burnt out because I'd read so much, and was left with so much confusion as to what direction to go.

    So I hired my old coach who broke it back down for me, giving me a secondary view on what I'd read...and where to go with it.

    So that'd be my secondary advice:

    2. Hook up with people who've had experience doing what you're seeking to do.

    That'd lead me to a 3rd point.

    While reading is great... we learn by emulation and execution.

    i.e. we learn by doing.

    Even in cognitive studies it has been shown that people who try to teach others actual retain knowledge more because teaching is the cognitive equivalent of putting information to work.

    So:

    3. read...and do.



    I realized I've digressed... but I believe i got my point(s) across.

    Get to ready mate

    Good luck!

    -C

    3.

  13. #293
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Thanks buddy.

    Thanks also to the members who keep checking it out.

    You guys make the forum what it is.









    I would have to run that question by a couple Vets on my board.

    The truth is, I've read so much literature over the last 10 years, I can't really pinpoint any specific eye-opener.

    My advice?

    1. Read everything.

    A couple years ago I started to feel somewhat burnt out because I'd read so much, and was left with so much confusion as to what direction to go.

    So I hired my old coach who broke it back down for me, giving me a secondary view on what I'd read...and where to go with it.

    So that'd be my secondary advice:

    2. Hook up with people who've had experience doing what you're seeking to do.

    That'd lead me to a 3rd point.

    While reading is great... we learn by emulation and execution.

    i.e. we learn by doing.

    Even in cognitive studies it has been shown that people who try to teach others actual retain knowledge more because teaching is the cognitive equivalent of putting information to work.

    So:

    3. read...and do.



    I realized I've digressed... but I believe i got my point(s) across.

    Get to ready mate

    Good luck!

    -C

    3.
    Thats all i been doing is reading. Like you said, i am starting to get burnt out. Each books has it own way of reaching the same goal. I am at the point of the confusion/burnt out stage. i am currently trying a diet (tweaked it more since i posted) and i am going to see how that works. I guess all i can do now is try and build on top of that. Talking to people about it ? Can't really do that being that non of my friends are into working out like i am , none of them !

  14. #294
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am doing this :
    Cal / PRO / CARBS / FATS


    6:00am
    4 eggs (1 yoke) 118 / 16.8 / 1.6 / 4.8
    oatmeal (1/2 cup) 150 / 5 / 27 / 3
    Flaxseed oil sub
    Multi sub

    8:30am
    6oz ground beef 93/7 255 / 34.5 / 0 / 12
    carrots (2) 70 / 2 / 8 / 0

    10:30-11
    6oz chicken breast 180/ 33 / 1.5 / 3.75
    brown rice half cup 150 / 5 / 27 / 3

    workout

    1:00-
    PWO
    6oz chicken breast 180/ 33 / 1.5 / 3.75
    Shake (1 scoop ) 117 / 24 / 2 / 2
    brown rice (1/4 cup) 170 / 4 / 35 / 1.5

    3:00pm
    6oz chicken breast 180/ 33 / 1.5 / 3.75
    Olive oil 1 Tbsp 120 / 0 / 0 / 14
    celery (2) 38 / .16 / 7.2 / .4

    5:30pm
    2 4oz tilapia fillet 186 / 42 / 0 / 2
    Peanut Butter 2 Tbsp. 210 / 8 / 6 / 16
    veggies.


    8:30pm
    Shake-Time release (1 scoop ) 129/ 21 / 6 / 2
    Olive oil 1 Tbsp 120 / 0 / 0 / 14

    BED

    So then for a average day i have

    Cal pro / carbs /fats
    2265 / 262 / 117 / 93.35

    I feel as though i am still losing weight but slowly. I am going to give it another week then weight myself. If i am still losing i figured id throw in another meal or two then work from there. I have more meats now which will make it easy to do.

    Just made some ground turkey burgers and they are easy enough to eat in a couple mins between another meal.


    P.S
    I feel that what i posted would be good for cutting. I seem to be losing fat since i am getting more muscle definition and at the same time i am still maintaining strength.
    I might try adding more carbs/protein .

    Ground turkey perdue 6oz
    240 / 36 / 0 / 12
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 06-07-2008 at 12:40 PM.

  15. #295
    Johny-too-small's Avatar
    Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sam's Club
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    Sup bros?

    Ive been playing around A LOT with diets. I came up with this and am hoping to drop 2lbs a week on it.

    Please rip away, hahaha:

    CALS PRO CHO FAT
    MEAL 1:
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 5
    1 Tbs Olive Oil 120 0 0 14
    1 Cup Egg Whites 88 24 4 0
    1/2 Scoop Whey 60 12 1.5 0.5

    MEAL 2:
    1 Cup Oats 300 10 54 5
    1 Tbs Olive Oil 120 0 0 14
    6oz Tuna 175 37.5 0 2.5

    MEAL 3: PWO
    1.5 Scoops Whey 180 36 4.5 1.5
    1 Banana 138 1.5 35 1
    1oz Whole Almonds 160 6 6 14
    1/2 Cup Oats 150 5 27 2.5

    MEAL 4: PPWO
    6oz Tuna 175 37.5 0 2.5
    1 Tbs Olive Oil 120 0 0 14
    1 Cup Rice 200 5 45 0

    MEAL 5:
    4oz Chicken Breast 125 25 0 0.5
    1oz Whole Almonds 160 6 6 14



    Totals: 2571 215.5 237 91
    Update:

    HOLY CRAP! Im amazed that I used to set up my meals like this. I actually like the macros that I wrote, however, many of my food choices and timing are all wrong. Its an okay diet, but far from what I consider now to be good. No wonder things didnt really start changing until I made corrections.

  16. #296
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Thats all i been doing is reading. Like you said, i am starting to get burnt out. Each books has it own way of reaching the same goal. I am at the point of the confusion/burnt out stage.
    I understand.

    It is at this point that you need to step back...stop reading, and start doing.

    Choose an approach..and go with it.

    In the end, consistency matters most.

    This is my humble opinion solely however.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    i am currently trying a diet (tweaked it more since i posted) and i am going to see how that works. I guess all i can do now is try and build on top of that.
    Stick with it.

    As long as your diet is 'on'... all you have to do is be consistent with it, and your training/cardio.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Talking to people about it ? Can't really do that being that non of my friends are into working out like i am , none of them !
    This is a bodybuilding network... There's always someone you can talk to.

    If you can't find someone... hit me up.

    I'm always online (although i tend to be busy, i do respond when i can)

    -C

  17. #297
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just edited my post :

    P.S
    I feel that what i posted would be good for cutting. I seem to be losing fat since i am getting more muscle definition and at the same time i am still maintaining strength.
    I might try adding more carbs/protein .

    I am going to stay here for another week. I figure for each small change i do i will give it two weeks and see how my body adjusts. I think personally for me to put on more mass i need to up the carbs/protien while still maintaining a low fat intake.

    another

    P.S

    again i thank you for the time you spent here helping me.

  18. #298
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    http://forums.steroid.com/showpost.p...&postcount=295
    ^^Johnny, you're pleased i take it ?
    Last edited by Narkissos; 06-07-2008 at 12:46 PM.

  19. #299
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I just edited my post :

    P.S
    I feel that what i posted would be good for cutting. I seem to be losing fat since i am getting more muscle definition and at the same time i am still maintaining strength.
    I might try adding more carbs/protein .

    I am going to stay here for another week. I figure for each small change i do i will give it two weeks and see how my body adjusts. I think personally for me to put on more mass i need to up the carbs/protien while still maintaining a low fat intake.
    I think i'm a little confused.

    What are your goals at present DSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    another

    P.S

    again i thank you for the time you spent here helping me.

    np mate... no prob at all.

    -C

  20. #300
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I think i'm a little confused.

    What are your goals at present DSM?

    -C
    I think i confused myself on that one. I have a tendency to jump around too much between putting on weight and taking it off.

    I am always wanting to gain gain gain since weight come very difficult for me but now since its the summer i think i would like to maintain what i have now.

    I never did a clean bulk and i really never believed (from what i read) in gaining weight while at the same time cutting fat. Do you feel thats possible ?

  21. #301
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    so i should have my PWO shake after cardio not before i usually have it b4 out of fear that maybe i got to hard on cardio and catabolize some muscle

  22. #302
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Thats all i been doing is reading. Like you said, i am starting to get burnt out. Each books has it own way of reaching the same goal. I am at the point of the confusion/burnt out stage. i am currently trying a diet (tweaked it more since i posted) and i am going to see how that works. I guess all i can do now is try and build on top of that. Talking to people about it ? Can't really do that being that non of my friends are into working out like i am , none of them !
    DSM, i'm always on here and you can hit me up anytime, i'm basically in your same boat, though my mom is very knowledgable on nutrition and is a physical therapist so she has incites into anatomy and physiology and my dad is a nationally respected M.D. in his field, but aside from them it's just me and the ignorant high school kids

  23. #303
    poundcake is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    68
    oops double posted

  24. #304
    sam_sneed's Avatar
    sam_sneed is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    np mate.



    Look above the first post on each page of a thread.

    There are mod controls there.

    You should see 'rating'.

    Click on it.. It's a drop down tool.

    In threads where 'rating' isn't visible.. click on 'thread tools'.

    'Rate this thread' will be one of the options.



    You're still taking in way too much protein mate.

    But.. try it.

    If you start to get fat then you know you're piling in waaaaay too much.

    I suspect you WILL get fatter from this diet.

    -CNS

    p.s. what did your previous diet(s) look like? List them.
    > im going to drop meal 3 as im just on a maintenance diet at the moment that will bring the protein below 400. looks a bit more like this will probably use it when it comes to bulking time.
    Daily Totals : (3299/ 381 ( 1524) / 322 ( 1288 ) / 81 ( 729 )

    > are these numbers better? any other flaws i should address?


    Cheers for your pointers mate
    Last edited by sam_sneed; 06-08-2008 at 08:02 AM.

  25. #305
    Johny-too-small's Avatar
    Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sam's Club
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    http://forums.steroid.com/showpost.p...&postcount=295
    ^^Johnny, you're pleased i take it ?
    Well credit to you for getting my ass into basic nutrition 101.

    I realized that I needed to re-focus the specific foods that I am eating. Im now focusing on macros/foods that are highly bio-available, nutrient packed, and anabolic . I eat 8-10 oz of green veggies and 10-15 oz fruit (no starches for now), an EFA oil, and a high quality bio-available protein source such as raw milk, egg whites, LBAs, etc. with every meal. I eat the same ratio of ea. macro for each meal. This allows for an even intake of calories and nutrients throughout the day. In other words, Im eating less food with greater macro efficiency. Results: I am growing into my show. I have dropped 4% b.f. and the scale has moved only a couple pounds south.

    Basic rule of thumb that I cant live without: weigh and measure all my foods. I dont think near enough peeps do this.


    Thanks, Nark. Nice work.

  26. #306
    200byjune's Avatar
    200byjune is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,448
    sup everyone, what do you guys (nova and nark) think about liquid pasterized egg whites? ofcoarse drinkin uncooked. so it would be liquid. any ways to make it better as everyone seems to agree that chewed food is better then liquid food

  27. #307
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    when u say re-feed once a week u mean eat more right for one meal out of the week?

  28. #308
    johnq is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    414
    narkissos your doing a cracking job.
    im 5ft 11
    200lb
    17% by benediks cal
    i thought my diet was good but its not, after all the reading ive done i now no the foods 2 eat. i want to lose 3 or 4% bodyfat i got a good diet out of the flex magerzine. june edition,its saying consume 3070cals 308gprotein 103gfat a day for the 1st 4weeks then drop my carbs to 150g and fat to 71g thats from week 5 to 8 does that sound ok, but the magarzine dont now my training routine which is.
    mon weights from 4 to 5oclock
    tues boxing from 7 to 8pm very intense no rest
    wed weights from 4 to 5oclock
    thurs boxing 7 to 8 very intense no rest
    fri weights 4to 5
    sat rest
    sun maybe a 30 min run in the morning.
    i dont mind losing a few pound but i want to lean out. wot would you suggest i will stick to diet but i might add more cabs if needed wot do u think.

  29. #309
    FortKnox36's Avatar
    FortKnox36 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    in the kitchen
    Posts
    261
    Sup Nark and Nova,

    I have been reading this thread for a few days now. It is some very interesting stuff.

    My stats:

    197lbs
    11% body fat
    6'1
    Age: 20

    Ill post my diet later but I just have a quick question, if you have time. Can you explain to me what carb cycling is and how to do it? Thanks.

  30. #310
    abbot138's Avatar
    abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I'd put you at just over 10%

    A little hard to tell honestly... Shots of bodyparts don't make for a good gauge.

    -C
    I know man, its sucks. Appreciate the estimate though. I just need to find someone who is competent enough to take a proper body fat test. This guy has everyone at our gym walking around thinking they're sub 10%. Its obnoxious.

  31. #311
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I think i confused myself on that one. I have a tendency to jump around too much between putting on weight and taking it off.
    Well that's a problem.

    You can't make consistent improvements if you are not consistent in your approach.

    Jumping around is a repetition of the 'one step forward, two steps backward' process.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I am always wanting to gain gain gain since weight come very difficult for me but now since its the summer i think i would like to maintain what i have now.
    Get over the numerical fixations.

    It's the bane of bodybuilding.

    Weight is a number... not a quality.

    You should not seek to maintain 'weight', unless 'weight' is functional (i.e. you require it for sport or safety), but muscle.

    I think your thought process needs restructuring.

    Your approach will follow suit.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I never did a clean bulk and i really never believed (from what i read) in gaining weight while at the same time cutting fat.
    There is that word again.

    Let me ignore that question, while posing a more apt one.

    "Do I (Nark) believe that gaining muscle while at the same time cutting fat is possible?"

    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Do you feel thats possible ?
    Possible.. But not easy.

    -CNS

  32. #312
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    so i should have my PWO shake after cardio not before i usually have it b4 out of fear that maybe i got to hard on cardio and catabolize some muscle
    The fear of muscle loss is the reason why most people on bodybuilding forums are horrendously fat by bodybuilding standards.

    -CNS

  33. #313
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_sneed View Post
    > im going to drop meal 3 as im just on a maintenance diet at the moment that will bring the protein below 400. looks a bit more like this will probably use it when it comes to bulking time.
    Daily Totals : (3299/ 381 ( 1524) / 322 ( 1288 ) / 81 ( 729 )

    > are these numbers better? any other flaws i should address?


    Cheers for your pointers mate
    See previous question:

    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    p.s. what did your previous diet(s) look like? List them.
    -CNS

  34. #314
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    Well credit to you for getting my ass into basic nutrition 101.

    I realized that I needed to re-focus the specific foods that I am eating. Im now focusing on macros/foods that are highly bio-available, nutrient packed, and anabolic . I eat 8-10 oz of green veggies and 10-15 oz fruit (no starches for now), an EFA oil, and a high quality bio-available protein source such as raw milk, egg whites, LBAs, etc. with every meal. I eat the same ratio of ea. macro for each meal. This allows for an even intake of calories and nutrients throughout the day. In other words, Im eating less food with greater macro efficiency. Results: I am growing into my show. I have dropped 4% b.f. and the scale has moved only a couple pounds south.

    Basic rule of thumb that I cant live without: weigh and measure all my foods. I dont think near enough peeps do this.


    Thanks, Nark. Nice work.

    No prob buddy.

    4% drop?

    Awesome.

    Sounds like you're enjoying the recomposition effect.


    How far out are you now?

    -CNS

  35. #315
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    sup everyone, what do you guys (nova and nark) think about liquid pasterized egg whites?
    I think they're cool.

    Bump for Nova.

    Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    ofcoarse drinkin uncooked. so it would be liquid. any ways to make it better as everyone seems to agree that chewed food is better then liquid food
    Precede liquid calories with solid food.

    Chew well.

    Chewing initiates the process of digestion.

    So... if you're having a protein + veggies meal..and you're using the liquid eggwhites (or other liquid protein) as your protein source, eat the veggies first.. chew them well... Sip your liquid protein after you've ingested your alloted solid food.

    Same with starchy carbs ('cept I'd suggest sipping the eggwhites in between chews)... and w/ solid fat sources (such as nuts etc.)


    -C

  36. #316
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    when u say re-feed once a week u mean eat more right for one meal out of the week?
    No.

    Bump your kcal intake one day each week.

    Spread your kcals tru-out the day as normal.

    i.e. if on days 1-6 you're taking in 1800 kcals over 6 meals (i.e. 300kcal/meal), on day 7 you'd take in 500kcal/meal (for example)

    -C

  37. #317
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq View Post
    narkissos your doing a cracking job.
    im 5ft 11
    200lb
    17% by benediks cal
    huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnq View Post
    i thought my diet was good but its not, after all the reading ive done i now no the foods 2 eat. i want to lose 3 or 4% bodyfat i got a good diet out of the flex magerzine.
    huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnq View Post
    june edition,its saying consume 3070cals 308gprotein 103gfat a day for the 1st 4weeks then drop my carbs to 150g and fat to 71g thats from week 5 to 8 does that sound ok, but the magarzine dont now my training routine which is.
    mon weights from 4 to 5oclock
    tues boxing from 7 to 8pm very intense no rest
    wed weights from 4 to 5oclock
    thurs boxing 7 to 8 very intense no rest
    fri weights 4to 5
    sat rest
    sun maybe a 30 min run in the morning.
    i dont mind losing a few pound but i want to lean out. wot would you suggest i will stick to diet but i might add more cabs if needed wot do u think.
    I can barely understand what you're typing mate.

    My suggestions?

    Calculate your energy needs based on your weight, your actual bodyfat percentage, and daily energy expenditure.

    Then... read this thread:

    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=75729

    ^^Not flex magazine.

    Design a diet...and post it here:

    http://forums.steroid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

    ^^For critique.

    Then.. when it's ready.. try it.

    Then...and only then, you can come back here and request that it be tweaked to your performance goals.

    As I said earlier in this thread... I started this to assist members in reaping ultimate performance benefits from their diets.

    ...Not to design your diet for you.

    -CNS

  38. #318
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by FortKnox36 View Post
    Sup Nark and Nova,

    I have been reading this thread for a few days now. It is some very interesting stuff.

    My stats:

    197lbs
    11% body fat
    6'1
    Age: 20

    Ill post my diet later but I just have a quick question, if you have time. Can you explain to me what carb cycling is and how to do it? Thanks.
    Taken from the preceding page:

    http://forums.steroid.com/showpost.p...&postcount=273

    -CNS

  39. #319
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    I know man, its sucks. Appreciate the estimate though. I just need to find someone who is competent enough to take a proper body fat test. This guy has everyone at our gym walking around thinking they're sub 10%. Its obnoxious.
    I hear you on that one.

    I worked with 25 models saturday night. (It was the longest consultation of my life... wowzers)

    And there was the guy who was trying to convince me he was 7%... because the 'lady at the gym told him so'.



    Dude was 14% very easily

    -CNS

  40. #320
    200byjune's Avatar
    200byjune is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,448
    nark. since eggwhites are 100% bio available would i need as much protien as i would eating chicken and tuna?

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •