Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    happy birthday big guy
    NACH3, Igifuno and songdog like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for all your responses regarding my B-day - it's funny as you get older you don't remember the damn day anymore!(or just don't want to) hahahaha

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Oh I am not worried about it at all. 9/11 is a different meaning to me, my sister passed on 9/11 2 years prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear that about your sister.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Okay my peeps! I am going to try carb cycling. BIB was trying to help me, but for some reason it wasn't clicking. I think I have finally figured it out and am curious if anyone can give me insight as to this?

BIB suggest my calories be 12k a week.

How are these targets for low (5days a week) and high (2days)
    I was wanting to start tomorrow.

I read a book on it and understand it more so.

I am trying to cut some fat and fluff AND trying to stay on gear so I can fit my formal for the event in 3 weeks. If not then I have to pull off cycle WAY early.

Anyone have experience with carb cycling cutting fluff too (water weight)

Anyone have opinions on diuretics?

Sorry for all the questions. I just don't want to have to end cycle

I usually keep Fat and Protein and locked values and only modify the carbs.

Protein at 1g/lbm
    Fat at 80g
    Carbs at >50g on low days and +65g on top of maintenance calories on high days.

Example:
    Mon, Tues, Wed Carbs at +65g on top of maintenance calories.
    Thurs, Fri, Sat Carbs at maintenance calories.
    Sun >50g

Myfitnesspal allows for Daily Goals which I have found to be very useful.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Same here with water, Girly as well as my w/o's lately too but like you said it's time for a much better wk
    Well, shit, I'm late as usual. Happy birthday, Nach.
    clarky. and songdog like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hi fellas/ ladies, not long finished work. Me and the mrs are off fishing the day/night. Will start back training next wk. Work was just mad, nothing lime AG though lol he's just a fucking work machine lol.
    Hope everyone has a good safe wk end. Catch up the mora as the phone never works in the mountains lol.
    LOL, they are wanted to make a good many process upgrades/machine alterations before things shut down next year and have been after me to work as much as I can tolerate. Not going to work 10-12 hour days, 7 days /week unless it becomes mandatory, but I am grabbing the OT while I can. Figure I better earn what I can towards saving up for medical bills and stashing back what I can. I know I'll regret it later on if I don't.
    Hopefully when all of this wraps up, there will be something good waiting for those of us that stick it out. They keep dropping hints that there will be and they are going to give us some good severance, bonuses, and insurance for a good while.
    Are you going to be ready to jump into a wee bast with me around the second or third week of October?

Edit: What's the catch of the day? Trout? Hope you and the Mrs. catch the limit! Do y'all have catch limits over there?
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-27-2017 at 06:25 AM.
    clarky. and songdog like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    LOL, they are wanted to make a good many process upgrades/machine alterations before things shut down next year and have been after me to work as much as I can tolerate. Not going to work 10-12 hour days, 7 days /week unless it becomes mandatory, but I am grabbing the OT while I can. Figure I better earn what I can towards saving up for medical bills and stashing back what I can. I know I'll regret it later on if I don't.

Hopefully when all of this wraps up, there will be something good waiting for those of us that stick it out. They keep dropping hints that there will be and they are going to give us some good severance, bonuses, and insurance for a good while.
    Are you going to be ready to jump into a wee bast with me around the second or third week of October?

Edit: What's the catch of the day? Trout? Hope you and the Mrs. catch the limit! Do y'all have catch limits over there?
    I know your only doing it for that big guy, smart thinking mate. Aye it was trout mate, it is a wild loch but they do have a limit 6 per rod. Never touched a thing apart from the mrs hahaha l. Tbh mate we were just wanting the peace, i just threw the rods out and sat at the fire and relaxed.
    I usually go out with the fly rod till dark then fish flea (fly) and maggot during the night but am out in the water all night.
    I just wanted time with ma mrs and we loved it.

Edit, ohhh aye we will be blasting hahaha just you say go and am there big guy .
    Last edited by clarky.; 08-27-2017 at 09:54 AM.
    Igifuno, songdog and almostgone like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170827-WA0005.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	170401

Name:	IMG-20170827-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	408.3 KB 
ID:	170402

Name:	20170827_012218.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	170403
    Igifuno, songdog, DCI and 2 others like this.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful pictures clarky! Looks like a great and relaxing time. Thx for sharing!

clarky. and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Beautiful pictures clarky! Looks like a great and relaxing time. Thx for sharing!

Thanks big guy, it was a great night.
    songdog and Igifuno like this.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member

Looks really nice!!!

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Light workout today.

almostgone and Baxter35 like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good evening everyone. Late post and little behind on the thread. Will catch up later with everything.

Hit arms this morning, wasn't a bad session, but not the greatest. Sleep night before was horrible, as soon I closed my eyes dreams started. And it lasted all night. It was a very long night.

I'm thinking I'm gonna start taking my nerve blocker again. The foot and leg pain will not go away , very depressing feeling right now. But pushing through.

Arms did mostly supersets tris into bis. When it was possible. Had to single some movements out because of availablity.

One arm db over heads, into seated db curls palms up whole time.

Hammer strength dips into close grip hammer preacher curls.

Incline db curls

Rope pds

Db hammer curls, into reverse one hand cable pds

Wasn't bad but wasn't the best. I'll catch up on the thread on breaks at work tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great weekend

almostgone, Cuz, Igifuno and 3 others like this.

Nice, Clarky, real nice!
    Will defo holler before the next blast starts. I gotta get some of those fancy wading boots to squat in.
    Igifuno and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Good evening everyone. Late post and little behind on the thread. Will catch up later with everything.

Hit arms this morning, wasn't a bad session, but not the greatest. Sleep night before was horrible, as soon I closed my eyes dreams started. And it lasted all night. It was a very long night.

I'm thinking I'm gonna start taking my nerve blocker again. The foot and leg pain will not go away , very depressing feeling right now. But pushing through.

Arms did mostly supersets tris into bis. When it was possible. Had to single some movements out because of availablity.

One arm db over heads, into seated db curls palms up whole time.

Hammer strength dips into close grip hammer preacher curls.

Incline db curls

Rope pds

Db hammer curls, into reverse one hand cable pds

Wasn't bad but wasn't the best. I'll catch up on the thread on breaks at work tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great weekend

Sounds like a good lift to me, Sfla!
    Igifuno and Sfla80 like this.

Finally, I get to go lift!

Sorry for the low level of participation, but work is crazy.
    Cuz, Igifuno, Sfla80 and 2 others like this.

I actually almost don't feel bad posting this lift up, LOL. Weights are still only ~ 50-70% of what they were, but a decent increase on either reps or weights on everything. Grip is starting to come back somewhat as well, which helps a lot!

Cable side laterals- 2 w/u. Work(L)- 8+, rest pause, 5+. Work(R)- 9, rest pause, 4+. Left arm is only about 50% of the right.
    Reverse flyes off back of the bench- 2 w/u, Work1- 10, rest pause, 3. Drop a little weight and a short breather. Work2- 8 reps.
    D'bell presses- 2 w/u at a light weight but high- ish reps. Went until form just started to break and then did 5 more slow, even reps concentrating on keeping my descent at an even speed.
    Work1- 11 reps. Very short break, maybe 30 seconds? Work2- 7 reps. Drop a little weight and another very short breather. Work3- 9 reps. Decided to drop weight one more time. Work4- 7 reps.
    B'bell shrugs- 2 w/u, Work1(front)- 13 nice reps. Dropped off a smidge of weight. Work2( rear)- 12 reps.
    D'bell shrugs to fail- 11 reps.

44 minutes.

Where abouts is that mate? Looks great.

Good afternoon everyone hope you're all well.
    almostgone, clarky. and songdog like this.

Smith incline x3 up to 275lbs

DB incline x3 up to 80lbs could have gone heavier

Hammer Incline x2 both 225lbs

High cable cross overs x3

Name:	IMG_8132.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	512.8 KB 
ID:	170413

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning everyone going to try to hit my chest today but after I mow the lawn.Been too busy the past week there is a lot to be said for nothing to do and being bored.But hey I did play musical furniture with the wife yesterday.Moved everything back the way it was 1 yr ago.:/ go figure

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Hit back and bis last night. I'm really loving getting back into HIT for the time being. When done right it amazes me how much can be done with so little. I trained back first, which pre-exhausted the biceps. So I literally did only 3 sets on biceps (all working sets, no warm up due to back training). 1 set each on barbell, hammers, and preachers. All 3 to failure with 2-3 assisted reps to hit failure on the negative, and today my arms are sore as anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Smith incline x3 up to 275lbs

DB incline x3 up to 80lbs could have gone heavier

Hammer Incline x2 both 225lbs

High cable cross overs x3

Name:	IMG_8132.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	512.8 KB 
ID:	170413
    Nice, Cape! Will be glad when my shoulder will let me start working with the moderate to heavy weight d'bells again.
    LOL, one thing for sure. I'll be assisting putting the dumbbells up with my legs instead of awkwardly hammer curling them up in an improper, wild swinging motion. I'm almost 100% defo sure that is what contributed to the scar tissue buildup and shoulder problems. Plus the left already had earlier trauma.
    Cuz, Capebuffalo, Igifuno and 3 others like this.

Believe I will try to work in some squats tonight? Had planned to do them Tues. night, but I have 11 a.m. labs Wednesday. No way do I want to hit squats, get ready for work, and then have to fast for 10 hours or so. Pretty sure my glucose would bottom out.
    Getting ready for a Poblano pepper stuffed with steamed chicken breast and rice. Maybe have a 1/2 grapefruit or 1/2 cantaloupe as well. The local stores have had some kind of super sweet/flavorful cantaloupe that is pretty f-in awesome.
    After that, it's time to crash.
    Cuz, Igifuno, clarky. and 1 others like this.

Nice, Cape! Will be glad when my shoulder will let me start working with the moderate to heavy weight d'bells again.
    LOL, one thing for sure. I'll be assisting putting the dumbbells up with my legs instead of awkwardly hammer curling them up in an improper, wild swinging motion. I'm almost 100% defo sure that is what contributed to the scar tissue buildup and shoulder problems. Plus the left already had earlier trauma.
    Slow and stayed AG. Getting the weight up for Inclines isn't bad. DB militaries are a different story.
    Igifuno, songdog and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Where abouts is that mate? Looks great.

Good afternoon everyone hope you're all well.
    Where about are you zeus ?.

Nice, Clarky, real nice!
    Will defo holler before the next blast starts. I gotta get some of those fancy wading boots to squat in.
    Bahaha ya mad fucker ...
    songdog and almostgone like this.

Where about are you zeus ?.
    Very close to glasgow. Wee hop and a skip down the motorway away
    clarky. likes this.

Very close to glasgow. Wee hop and a skip down the motorway away
    Sound, am only 20-30 min away from Glasgow mate. It was loch Earn, i fish it as often as i can, not so much as i used to.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Pretty close then.

Looks great. Im in stirling alot. Might take a jaunty up to thr lochs at some point this year. Great view
    clarky. likes this.

Pretty close then.

Looks great. Im in stirling alot. Might take a jaunty up to thr lochs at some point this year. Great view
    Stunning up there mate, am only 15 min from stirling lol.

Probs drive by you everyday haha

Probs drive by you everyday haha
    Lol....

Got squats in tonight.

Leg extensions (light) to warm up the knees- 50 reps
    Crunches - ~ 135

Squats:
    Dry bar- 1x 20
    Plate/side - 1 x 20
    2 plates/side - 1x 20
    3 plates/side - 1x 20, 1 x 15
    2 plates/ side - 2 x 20
    Plate/side - 1 x 20

Seated calf raises w/ double pump at bottom - 11, drop, 8, drop, 12, rest pause, 10, rest pause, 8, rest pause, 6+ .

55 minutes. I had my doubts when I first woke up because my left shoulder was very tight. Nuked it with the IR lamp for 15 minutes, stretched it and felt much better.
    clarky. likes this.

Got squats in tonight.

Crunches - ~ 135

Squats:
    Dry bar- 1x 20
    Plate/side - 1 x 20
    2 plates/side - 1x 20
    2 plates/ side - 2 x 20
    Plate/side - 1 x 20

Seated calf raises w/ double pump at bottom - 11, drop, 8, drop, 12, rest pause, 10, rest pause, 8, rest pause, 6+ .

55 minutes. I had my doubts when I first woke up because my left shoulder was very tight. Nuked it with the IR lamp for 15 minutes, stretched it and felt much better.
    Nice mate.

Morning fellas/ladies, fancy back the night but i'll see. Catch up the night.

Nice mate.
    Thanks, buddy. Legs are complaining so I'm happy.
    AKD_FitChick and clarky. like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Today is d day gonna hammer back. I shall report later.
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Got squats in tonight.

Crunches - ~ 135

Squats:
    Dry bar- 1x 20
    Plate/side - 1 x 20
    2 plates/side - 1x 20
    2 plates/ side - 2 x 20
    Plate/side - 1 x 20

Damn AG. Broke them down. Nice.
    almostgone likes this.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Morning guys!! After 2 days off cause I couldn't lift my right arm. Dang shoulder was hurting. I am back, headed to the gym to get back done.

Yesterday was day 1 of carb cycling. Really hoping I have it right.

There is so much info out there. The carbs I am showing to eat is 300 on high carb days and let me tell you, that's a ton of food. I don't know how I can eat that much, but I will try.

songdog, DCI, almostgone and 1 others like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning everyone!
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Thread Information