Page 30 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Post Good news!

I am feeling much better and get to start back to work tommorrow. I'm on my third round of antibiotics and the sore throat is gone and now it's just some bouts of cold chills and sweats.-my body fighting off the bacterial infection! I am not contagious since I am on an antibiotic. So, things are going much better and I will be lifting again in about 4 weeks.

I have a local newspaper article I want to share with you guys that talks about my wife and I post competition. The backside of the article talks about how popular Slingshot Training has become but I have not scanned it in yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You'll want to read this!-aiken-standard.jpg  

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    hey congrats on the article must feel good.

GrahamHorgan is offline New Member
    Hey Ronnie, PLEASE HELP!

BTW the post of amazing info, the best info i see about steriods ! Anyway im new to steriod and i have never took them before and i am woundering about Metanabol Steriods. How good are theses? and wile i seen you talking about how you should be working for the best gains etc. Would it still be ok it i do it a normaly way, like the workouts will be intense as always, but maybe 3 to 4 sets, 15 - 20 reps and in following weeks i would lover the rep range and go alot havier. Im also woundering how hard is it to get a ripped stomach on steriods? Sorry theses maybe sound like stupid question, but i need some good advice, Thanks Ron

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by indian muscle View Post
    thanks for the reply ron, you are an inspiration! I develop this lower back pain while doing squats and such exercises and at times hate those exercises so much, but after knowing about your injuries and your urge to go on no matter what i believe i am in a much much better position and can do a lot more. Now its time for another question

1st cycle for 8 wks(around six months ago) - 500mg sust and 200 mg deca per week

2nd cycle - currently in week 7 and following slingshot training - 500mg test enanthate and 300 mg deca per week. After the current 8 week reload i will be doing 2 weeks of deload and again 8 weeks of reload, now my question is should i increase my dosage of test e to 750 mg per week keeping deca at 300mg? Is it fine to use deca & test e again or do you think i should change something?
    i would increase test to 750 mgs per week during second reload and up deca to 400 mgs per week.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    I am feeling much better and get to start back to work tommorrow. I'm on my third round of antibiotics and the sore throat is gone and now it's just some bouts of cold chills and sweats.-my body fighting off the bacterial infection! I am not contagious since I am on an antibiotic. So, things are going much better and I will be lifting again in about 4 weeks.

I have a local newspaper article I want to share with you guys that talks about my wife and I post competition. The backside of the article talks about how popular Slingshot Training has become but I have not scanned it in yet.
    Glad you're feeling better Ronnie. I'd love to read the article; are you going to post it?

IG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dr intensity View Post
    hey ronnie,
    i am 5 feet 8 inches 225 at 11 percent and right now on pct.
    It wud be really nice of you to see my plan for my 20 weeks mass gaining diet and drug cycle.
    My goal is to gain upto 15 quality pounds in these 20 weeks.

My plan for the next mass gaining:- is drug cycle.(start after 6 weeks)
    750mg test + 400mg deca for 8 weeks reload
    2 weeks deload 200mg test/week
    1250mg test + 600mg deca for the last 8 weeks.
    2 weeks deload 200mg test/week
    pct. (anabolic cycle looks good).

the supplements i am using now are:-
    hpta upregulation supplements
    1000iu hcg /week during cycle.
    letrozole 2.5 mg every fifth day during cycle.( stay off letro and use something different if you experience issues with gyno because letro is too strong and using it that infrequent is only going to increase your chances of developing gyno due to estrogen rebound!) arimidex or aromasin is better. A tiny bit of aromasin 3 times per week is best as there is no estrogen rebound on off days!
    nolvadex 10mg( if needed) if needed better to go with aromasin
    finpecia 1 mg/eod

cardio vascular supplements
    1. Niacin 500 - 1000mg (not needed imo)
    2. Aspirin 75 mg (use only 1 baby aspirin at night
    3. Fish oil pills 9000mg.
    4. Ramipril 2.5 mg if needed.

anti oxidants
    vitamin e 800iu
    vitamin c 2000mg
    ao 7 1 tablets

liver support+digestion
    liv 52 6 single strength tablets
    probiotic 1 capsule.

joint support
    glucosamine sulphate 2000mg

general health
    multivitamin + multimineral 1 tablet
    b- complex capsules zevit 1 capsule.

My diet plan

1. breakfast:-20 eggwhites + 5 yolks + 250ml milk (only 1 yolk and 10-15 egg whites is plenty) you want carbs and protein based meals earlier in the day and more protein, greeen veggies and fats later in the day. Keep complex carbs and fats separated for the most part and you will gain more lean mass without the fat because insulin from carbs drives fats to be stored as body fat just as insulin from carbs drives protein to be stored as muscle tissue. Eating oats and ezekiel bread with egg whites for breakfast is the best imo! 2. mid morning meal :- 70 grams of whey + 30ml extravirgin olive oil.
    3.lunch:- 500 grams of chicken + 100 grams of white rice (uncooked)
    4. dinner :-:-20 eggwhites + 5 yolks + 250ml milk (drop the yolks and reduce egg whites to 15)
    5. preworkout :- 70 grams of whey + 75 grams of oatmeal + 30ml oil
    6. post workout :- 70 grams of whey + 75 grams of dextrose. Too many carbs unless you are an true ectomorph who produces less insulin naturally. If you take in 75 carbs pre-workout you do not even need them post workout during meal 6 bfore going to bed. Taking in protein and carbs pre-workout is plenty for most unless they are ectomorphs. I would go with liquid egg whites, a scoop of protein powder and some smart balance peanut butter or better yet ths is the time to go with the whole eggs with yolks. 6-8 whole eggs would be a good plan. SOME RED MEAT EVEY OTHER DAY WOULD BE GOOD AS WELL TO KEEP IRON LEVELS HIGHER. I would keep carbs to around 250 per day,protein 400 grams and the rest fats! 70 grams of whey protein at one sitting is a waste. Stick to whole foods for the most part. Use whey protein post workout or in addition to liguid egg whites for added flavor.
    wud aprreciate your input
    thanks you
    final pct

- hcg: 2000mg every second day for two weeks
    - clomid: (start 2 weeks after conclusion of cycle) 50mg two times per day for two weeks (i would not use clomid if it makes you emotional)
    - aromatase inhibitor: Arimidex (.5mg every other day) if you use armoasin on cycle stay with aromasin during pct but it you use arimidex then stay with arimidex.
    above

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    [QUOTE=Ronnie Rowland;5233065]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    Ronnie

Not sure if you got my question on the previous page, I was wondering about what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing 1 week deload instead of 2 weeks? The disadvantage of a 1 week deload is becoming over-trained. Remember, you are still training hard during the 2 week deloads just upping the reps on some exercises and lowering the volume, anabolics and protein some. Your body gets over-trained faster than you think and that's why (unless you are a beginner) doing a 12 week cycle of steroids non-stop and training hard non-stop is going to only hold you back. You will hit a serious training plateau after 8 weeks of training all out with volume and lower reps and it takes even less sets as you become more advanced as a trainer to become over-trained because you can push the intensity harder within each set! Training hard for long periods of time non-stop is how you train when preparing for a bodybuiding show to get cut but not to gain mass/strength while remaining relatively injury free (you need that 2 week deload.) We've tried the one week deload and it wasn't quite enough time for full cns/joint recovery).

Also which exercise target and builds the glutes better, sumo deadlift or romanian deadlift? Sumo[/QUOTE]above
    Thx Ronnie!

Its great to hear u feeling better! Congrats on the article, would love to have a read about it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryEvo View Post
    Ronnie, I have a question. Would this Sling-shot method work if one were to only do 1 cycle ? I'm going to be doing my first cycle in about a month and I don't want to bridge and do a 2nd one. I'd prefer to just do the 1 cycle, get my gains and then continue from then all natural. I may consider another cycle next year but I'm not looking to do them back to back. OF COURSE IT WILL WORK BUT IT'S NOT A LONG ENOUGH CYCLE TO MAKE THE MOST KEEPABLE GAINS BEFORE PCT. LONGER CYCLES GIVES THE BODY MORE TIME TO ADJUST TO THE EXTRA SIZE YOU GAIN AND YOUR CHANCES OF KEEPING MORE GAINS ARE MUCH GREATER. THE 20 WEEK SLINGSHOT CYCLE IS CONSIDERED ONLY 1 CYCLE.
    Also, Is this sling shot method effective for a girl not using any gear? My GF is looking to get into shape and build some muscle while burning fat. At the most, she may try some anavar (20mg a day for 8 weeks) but that would really be it. Please let me know what you think. IT'S THE WAY I TRAIN ALL WOMEN AND MEN WHETHER THEY BE NATURAL OR DRUG ENHANCED. 20 MGS OF ANAVAR IS TOO MUCH FOR HER TO START WITH AND 8 WEEKS IS CERTAINLY NOT LONG ENOUGH FOR SUCH A MILD DRUG. SHE WOULD WANT TO START OUT USING ONLY 5 MGS PER DAY TO SEE HOW HER BODY REACTS TO THE DRUG. SOME WOMEN HAVE TROUBLE RACHING ORGASM IF THEY EXCEED 5 MGS OF ANAVAR BUT SOME ANAVAR DOES INCREASE THEIR LIBIDO BIG-TIME! THEY ALL REACT A BIT DIFFERENTLY BUT A 20 WEEK SLINGSHOT CYCLE OF VAR IS BY FAR THE BEST AS THESE 8 WEEK CYCLES OF VAR FOR FEMALES IS NOT OPTIMAL. I'VE TRAINED ENOUGH OF THEM TO KNOW! START LOW DURING FIRST 10 WEEKS THEN INCREASE AS TOLERATED AS SHE MOVES FORWARD TOWARDS A 20 WEEK SLINGSHOT CYCLE.

PS: Can you define exactly what you mean by sets and volume? Forgive my naivety. I understand sets are a specific work out, lets say a dumbbell curl. So do you mean you'll do 12 sets of the same workout? Or 3 sets each of 4 different work outs? And volume is reps?

9 SETS FOR CHEST WOULD BE:
    3 warm ups sets for incline press-refer below to my bicep warm up instructions for detailed description.
    3 SETS OF INCLINE PRESS FOR 6-12 REPS
    3 SETS OF DECLINE PRESS FOR 6-12 REPS
    3 SETS OF DUMBBELL BENCH PRESS FOR 6-12 REPS[

And do you start off on lower weight and go up? Currently If I'm doing Biceps, I'll do it like this for example. Please take this workout and edit it to fit your reload and deload structure if you dont mind.

Bicep work out 1 (alternating hammer curls) THIS IS MOSTLY A FOREARM EXERCISE NOT A BICEP!

set 1 = 15 reps @ 25 lbs
    set 2 = 12 reps @ 30 lbs
    set 3 = 10 reps @ 35 lbs

Bicep workout 2 (Close grip curls on an EZ bar)

set 1 = 15 reps @ 50 lbs
    set 2 = 12 reps @ 70 lbs
    set 3 = 10 reps @ 80/90 lbs

Bicep workout 3 (Alternating standing arm cable curls)

set 1 = 15 reps @ 20 lbs
    set 2 = 12 reps @ 30 lbs
    set 3 = 10 reps @ 40 lbs

YOUR DOING IT ALL WRONG! YOU WANT TO TRAIN THE WAY WARREN BRANCH AND TRICKY JACKSON DOES!
    For example on biceps: Begin with 3 non fatiguing warm ups sets with standing curls for maybe 30 lbs for 15, 40 lbs for 6 reps and 40 lbs for 4-6 reps again. Now 3 work sets begin with standing curls: 1st set 100 lbs 8-10 reps to failure, 2nd set 100 lbs for 8-10 reps, 3rd set 90 pounds for 8-10 reps. For the next two bivceps exercises no warm ups are needed so take each set to failure then you are done!

And then I'll pretty much be done with biceps. That's 9 sets total so I'm trying to apply what I do to what your describing. Please help me spec in an example of a bicep workout on your reload and deload plan. Thank you. On deload just do 2 sets for 3 bicep exercises and keep reps around 12-15 on each set but still train hard! Warm up is still needed with first exercise.
    above

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Glad you're feeling better Ronnie. I'd love to read the article; are you going to post it?

IG
    Thank you! I sure will. Just give me a few days.

MercuryEvo is offline Junior Member
    Ronnie, What I'm confused about now is this:

I wanted to do a 10-12 week cycle and then PCT. I'm seriously interested in trying your slingshot method but I was under the impression that you have to wait 2 weeks before even starting your PCT. I saw you told someone else that wanted to do a 12 week cycle to do a 6 week reload, then 2 week deload, then 6 week reload, then 2 week deload. I like the idea of that as far as AAS goes. But how can I PCT 2 weeks after I finish if I only have a 2 week deload? Or do I not PCT until week 17? I'm only looking to do Test E so for example:

week 1 500mg weekly
    week 2 500mg weekly
    week 3 500mg weekly
    week 4 500mg weekly
    week 5 500mg weekly
    week 6 500mg weekly
    week 7 250mg weekly
    week 8 250mg weekly
    week 9 500mg weekly
    week 10 500mg weekly
    week 11 500mg weekly
    week 12 500mg weekly
    week 13 500mg weekly
    week 14 500mg weekly
    week 15 250mg weekly
    week 16 250mg weekly
    week 17 nothing
    week 18 nothing
    week 19 PCT
    week 20 PCT
    week 21 PCT
    week 22 PCT

Is the above what your suggesting? I'm just a bit apprehensive about being on AAS for 16 weeks straight regardless if I only take 250mg a week for 2 weeks. If the above IS what your suggesting then will 4 weeks PCT be enough? OR do you suggest I do it like this:

week 1 500mg weekly
    week 2 500mg weekly
    week 3 500mg weekly
    week 4 500mg weekly
    week 5 500mg weekly
    week 6 500mg weekly
    week 7 PCT
    week 8 PCT
    week 9 500mg weekly
    week 10 500mg weekly
    week 11 500mg weekly
    week 12 500mg weekly
    week 13 500mg weekly
    week 14 500mg weekly
    week 15 250mg weekly
    week 16 250mg weekly
    week 17 PCT
    week 18 PCT

This really doesnt make sense to me considering that Test E stays active for 13-14 days after you take it. Seems that starting PCT only the following week would be too soon no? Please advise which method is better. Thank you !!

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Ron

I see some UGL release pre-mixed blend version of their gear, such as Test & Tren , or Test & Masteron ? What do you think of these? If I withdraw 1 ml, will I get the right ratio of each compound for every ml that I take?

What's your opinion on making our own blend of anabolics?

Like getting 20 ml sterile vial and fill it with 10 ml of Test Enanth at 300mg/ml, and 5ml of deca at 300mg/ml, so that the vial contains 15ml of Test/Deca Blend with a 2:1 ratio? What could be the problem with this method? Will each withdrawal provide accurate dosing (maintaining the 2:1 ratio of each compound for every ml that we draw)?

What are the differences between making our own blends, and the one pre-mixed by the UGL companies?

I've been wondering also, you said to drop the anabolic dosage by half during Deload, but from what I usually see from your recommendation, you only drop the Test part by half, and totally exclude the second compound?

Say for example I'm doing 500mg of Test + 400mg of Deca per week during Reload, your usual recommendation for Deload would be to do 250mg of Test and 0mg on the Deca, correct?

So why not 250mg of Test + 200mg of Deca instead?

Is it not necessary to keep half the dose of Deca?

I realize that Deca has a long half-life, but if we stop it completely then by the end of the second week of Deload the level will drop too low, and if we plan to use it again in the second Reload, it will take longer to ramp the Deca level back up again?

One more question, from what I read Dbol is stronger than Anadrol mg per mg, (i.e 50mg of Dbol is stronger than 50mg of Anadrol), is this correct? So what are the advantages and disadvantages of someone choosing Anadrol instead of Dbol?

Example in a stack:

Test 500mg/week + Deca 400mg/week + DBol 50mg/day Versus Test 500mg/week + Deca 400mg/week + Anadrol 50mg/day? Which one would have better synergy and overall gains in mass and strength?

OR as standalone:

50mg of DBOL Versus 50mg of Anadrol?

Been wondering about this for awhile but keep forgetting to ask. Thx Ron!
    Last edited by Coca Cola; 06-23-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Glad to have you back brother...

Maronn is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maronn View Post
    Hi Ron,

I started my first Slingshot circle on the 1st of May. So first 4 weeks went great but since than I haven't been able to work out due to sickness (will need another few days before starting again)... :-(( What shall I do regarding the timing of the deload? I think it doesn't make sense to start the deload in 2 weeks but postphone it 2-3 weeks. What do you think? Many thanks!
    Hi Ron,

would be great if you could have a look at my question as I'm reaching the end of the first reload. I'll start to work out tomorrow again , so I've had a 3,5weeks break... What would you suggest.

Thx!

diggumsmacks is offline New Member
    Ronnie if your going to leave an old outdated slingshot training system, please for God sake delete it or take it down over at Bodybuilding.com . I am so pissed that ive been following that crap then to find out I was doing it wrong because you have the updated version of the slingshot. It an 8 week blast on this site and a 4 week blast on that site.

Well, shit happens but damn it would be nice to know that the one at BB would have a note in red about it being outdated and to follow this link for the updated one, or take it down.

I def have some questions about the sts, but so far I havent had any response from here yet.

If im only taking deca /test 600 miligrams weekly and dbol 140mgs a week (20 a day) when should be my last shot before my cruise. blast 8 weeks cruise for 2. Stop taking short esters during the two weeks and lower my t dosage a little bit to a hrt dose.

When exactly do i stop/lower my Long estered shots?

Graci

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    hi ronnie, after i finished my aas cycle i used the keto diet to trim off bf i gained while bulking (this is during pct) ive done it now for 5 days zero carbs and an increase in healthy fats but ive lost 6 kilos in this time! ive already lost fat and water but i fear that ive lost muscle tissue aswell. so for the next 3 days im gonna carb up, 600-800g of carbs for 3 days and 2 gallons of water also to help store glycogen back in the muscles. do you think this will be enough to help regain lost muscle?
    thanks

chrisx is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Ron I'm finally getting closer to starting my first cycle and I have a couple questions for you...

1. What's the downside to taking hcg throughout a reload besides the added cost and extra pokings?

2. Do I have to take some type of liver protection (whether it be Liv52 or milk thistle) if I am only taking test c? What about a test/decca cycle OR test/anavar ?

3. In case signs of gyno start to occur, it's ok if I have Nolva on hand instead of Armidex to cure it correct? (I really do not ever want to take Armidex just from what you said it can do to the joints)

4. How many times can I inject in one area before having to switch to another?

Thanx for the help Ron. Like I've said before your the best for doing this
    Ronnie can you please answer the above questions for me? Thanks alot!

This is a repost.

Hey Ronnie I was wondering what your diet looked like during the weeks before the competition?like how much protein/carbs/fats and your water intake and what about your diet during the off season?

I know you say to just do straight sets but what about if I'm training biceps and triceps? Like if I superset them is that okay?

If in ketosis are you still able to make gains in size? You need the carbs to grow correct?

hey big ronnie....opinions on tall people doing squats....

dreadthread is offline New Member
    Thanks a lot for the information, very good read.

Blog Entries

Smile

I'll try to get to everyones questions tommorrow. I work long hours at the gym so i don't get to log on every day. I'm sure you guys understand. I will get to everyone's questions i promise and if i ever miss one just repost it. Sorry for the delay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamhorgan View Post
    hey ronnie, please help!

Btw the post of amazing info, the best info i see about steriods ! Anyway im new to steriod and i have never took them before and i am woundering about metanabol steriods. How good are theses? i am not qualified to answer this question because i have never taken them. You may want to ask this same question in the main steroid section and maybe another vet can give you some insight. and wile i seen you talking about how you should be working for the best gains etc. Would it still be ok it i do it a normaly way, like the workouts will be intense as always, but maybe 3 to 4 sets, 15 - 20 reps and in following weeks i would lover the rep range and go alot havier. it's best to train with lower reps for gaining size. I would stay around 6-10 reps for an (8 week reload) and then 12-15 reps for a (2 week deload). Alternate back and forth between an 8 week reload and a 2 week deload! 6-12 intense work sets per body part during reloads and only half as much during deloads). im also woundering how hard is it to get a ripped stomach on steriods? it's mostly diet and cardio but steroids help some with ab definition as they speed up your metabolic rate. sorry theses maybe sound like stupid question, but i need some good advice, thanks ron
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryevo View Post
    ronnie, what i'm confused about now is this:

I wanted to do a 10-12 week cycle and then pct. I'm seriously interested in trying your slingshot method but i was under the impression that you have to wait 2 weeks before even starting your pct. I saw you told someone else that wanted to do a 12 week cycle to do a 6 week reload, then 2 week deload, then 6 week reload, then 2 week deload. (no, it's always an 8 week reload and a 2 wek dleoad. Must have been a typo error!) i like the idea of that as far as aas goes. But how can i pct 2 weeks after i finish if i only have a 2 week deload? Or do i not pct until week 17? I'm only looking to do test e so for example:

Week 1 500mg weekly
    week 2 500mg weekly
    week 3 500mg weekly
    week 4 500mg weekly
    week 5 500mg weekly
    week 6 500mg weekly
    week 7 250mg weekly
    week 8 250mg weekly (first reload ends here)
    week 9 500mg weekly (start deload here)
    week 10 500mg weekly
    week 11 500mg weekly (second reload begins here)
    week 12 500mg weekly
    week 13 500mg weekly
    week 14 500mg weekly
    week 15 250mg weekly
    week 16 250mg weekly
    week 17 nothing
    week 18 nothing (second reload ends here)
    week 19 pct (second deload begins here)
    week 20 pct
    week 21 pct (start pct here)
    week 22 pct

is the above what your suggesting? I'm just a bit apprehensive about being on aas for 16 weeks straight regardless if i only take 250mg a week for 2 weeks. If the above is what your suggesting then will 4 weeks pct be enough? Or do you suggest i do it like this:

Week 1 500mg weekly
    week 2 500mg weekly
    week 3 500mg weekly
    week 4 500mg weekly
    week 5 500mg weekly
    week 6 500mg weekly
    week 7 pct
    week 8 pct
    week 9 500mg weekly
    week 10 500mg weekly
    week 11 500mg weekly
    week 12 500mg weekly
    week 13 500mg weekly
    week 14 500mg weekly
    week 15 250mg weekly
    week 16 250mg weekly
    week 17 pct
    week 18 pct

this really doesnt make sense to me considering that test e stays active for 13-14 days after you take it. (enanthates active life is only 7-8 days, you are thinking about cypionate which is 14-15 days)seems that starting pct only the following week would be too soon no? it's works just fine.please advise which method is better. Thank you !!
    above

asto_86 is offline New Member
    Hey Ronnie, I've got one week in the bag of lifting on 500mg test e. Ive attached my routine as a pdf and would like you too have a look at it to hear your ideas on how it looks or where I could change it up. Lifts are already going up! first column is the week before test, 2nd column is week one. Ill be updating this form weekly just to see strength gains. Gonna be charting body measurements as well. Thanks for all this great info and all the help so far!! Glad to have ya back!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    Ron

I see some UGL release pre-mixed blend version of their gear, such as Test & Tren , or Test & Masteron ? What do you think of these? If I withdraw 1 ml, will I get the right ratio of each compound for every ml that I take? I AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT THE IDEA AS I THINK YOU COULD GET MORE OF ONE THAN THE OTHER AND WOULD STICK TO THE STANDARD METHOD THAT HAS BEEN PRODUCING GREAT RESULTS FOR YEARS.
    What's your opinion on making our own blend of anabolics? The 2 biggest downfalls would be getting a nasty bacterial infection from being in an unsterile environment and if you get caught they may charge you with an intent to sell.

Like getting 20 ml sterile vial and fill it with 10 ml of Test Enanth at 300mg/ml, and 5ml of deca at 300mg/ml, so that the vial contains 15ml of Test/Deca Blend with a 2:1 ratio? What could be the problem with this method? Will each withdrawal provide accurate dosing (maintaining the 2:1 ratio of each compound for every ml that we draw)? I do not recommend it.

What are the differences between making our own blends, and the one pre-mixed by the UGL companies? Nothing if it's the same stuff.

I've been wondering also, you said to drop the anabolic dosage by half during Deload, but from what I usually see from your recommendation, you only drop the Test part by half, and totally exclude the second compound? Yes, it gives the body a needed break as test is the safest thing you can take .

Say for example I'm doing 500mg of Test + 400mg of Deca per week during Reload, your usual recommendation for Deload would be to do 250mg of Test and 0mg on the Deca, correct? Yes!

So why not 250mg of Test + 200mg of Deca instead? Test is easier on your body!
    Is it not necessary to keep half the dose of Deca? No, you need to keep your hemocratic levels down as much as possible and deca is a blood builder.

I realize that Deca has a long half-life, but if we stop it completely then by the end of the second week of Deload the level will drop too low, and if we plan to use it again in the second Reload, it will take longer to ramp the Deca level back up again? It doesn't take that long for deca to kick in!

One more question, from what I read Dbol is stronger than Anadrol mg per mg, (i.e 50mg of Dbol is stronger than 50mg of Anadrol), is this correct? fine on anadrol and gain very well.
    Supposedly, but different people respond differently to each compound. So what are the advantages and disadvantages of someone choosing Anadrol instead of Dbol? In general, anandrol cause people to gets angry easy and it causes flu like symptoms totallly killing one's appetite. D-bol causes some letharginess but usually does not kill the appetite so it's better for most in terms of gaining mass but some do just Example in a stack:

Test 500mg/week + Deca 400mg/week + DBol 50mg/day Versus Test 500mg/week + Deca 400mg/week + Anadrol 50mg/day? Which one would have better synergy and overall gains in mass and strength? It's a question no one can answer because it's different for each individual.
    OR as standalone:

50mg of DBOL Versus 50mg of Anadrol? 50 mgs of d-bol for most due to the drol causing flu-like symptoms.

Been wondering about this for awhile but keep forgetting to ask. Thx Ron!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maronn View Post
    Hi Ron,

would be great if you could have a look at my question as I'm reaching the end of the first reload. I'll start to work out tomorrow again , so I've had a 3,5weeks break... What would you suggest.

Thx!
    Begin reloading again for 8 weeks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diggumsmacks View Post
    ronnie if your going to leave an old outdated slingshot training system, please for god sake delete it or take it down over at bodybuilding.com . I am so pissed that ive been following that crap then to find out i was doing it wrong because you have the updated version of the slingshot. It an 8 week blast on this site and a 4 week blast on that site. (sorry about that. That was a long time ago and what happened at bb.com is that there were so many kids over there who thought they knew it all that it become chaos and a waste of my time. Why they left it up is beyond me? On this site you do not have the immaturity because we keep things civil)!

well, shit happens but damn it would be nice to know that the one at bb would have a note in red about it being outdated and to follow this link for the updated one, or take it down. I agree
    i def have some questions about the sts, but so far i havent had any response from here yet.

If im only taking deca /test 600 miligrams weekly and dbol 140mgs a week (20 a day) when should be my last shot before my cruise. Blast 8 weeks cruise for 2. Stop taking short esters during the two weeks and lower my t dosage a little bit to a hrt dose. basically you would run test/deca and d-bol for 8 weeks (this is the reload). Next, you would run only test at around 250 mgs for 2 weeks (this is the deload). Then go back to a second reload using even higher dosages!

when exactly do i stop/lower my long estered shots?read above info and see if you understand now.
    graci
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    hi ronnie, after i finished my aas cycle i used the keto diet to trim off bf i gained while bulking (this is during pct) ive done it now for 5 days zero carbs and an increase in healthy fats but ive lost 6 kilos in this time! ive already lost fat and water but i fear that ive lost muscle tissue aswell. I tend to lose muscle in ketosis as well unless I take in a ton of fats and even then my joints start to hurt so bad I lose strength which eventually causes muscle loss.
    so for the next 3 days im gonna carb up, 600-800g of carbs for 3 days and 2 gallons of water also to help store glycogen back in the muscles. do you think this will be enough to help regain lost muscle? Yes!thanks
    above

ron...i've read of you using the skip load..but...also read of you using the slingshot load..pre-contest before jumping on stage...which do you really use and what's the difference between these two methods????if you can tell use...realize..most people spend cash for this kind of information brother!!!!!understood if you can't give it away for free...

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky23
    hi ronnie, after i finished my aas cycle i used the keto diet to trim off bf i gained while bulking (this is during pct) ive done it now for 5 days zero carbs and an increase in healthy fats but ive lost 6 kilos in this time! ive already lost fat and water but i fear that ive lost muscle tissue aswell. I tend to lose muscle in ketosis as well unless I take in a ton of fats and even then my joints start to hurt so bad I lose strength which eventually causes muscle loss. so for the next 3 days im gonna carb up, 600-800g of carbs for 3 days and 2 gallons of water also to help store glycogen back in the muscles. do you think this will be enough to help regain lost muscle? Yes!thanks

above

thanks for the reply ronnie. do you still follow the keto diet when needed? in the past ive always gone medium carbs and low fats to cut up but afte researching the keto diet and weighing up the pros and cons i went with this but i definetely regret it. thankfully i carbed up and gained the weight back but do you think that it is possible to stop muscle loss during ketosis or is that down to metabolism? i was watching a branch warren vid and he also said that he doesnt really like the zero carbs approach as he gets way too flat, also i was watching a dorian yates seminar where he said that the lowest he ever went on carbs was 200g a day but then he would carb up for 3 days taking in around 100-1500g of carbs! abit much but i think he must have been taking insulin .
    for my next cycle i was thinking of adding primo t3 and clen to test and tren . i finished 1.2g of test and 450mg of tren for my previous cycle but do you think it would be wise to perhaps reduce the test to around 900mg and increase the tren to 750mg ? i think it may help keeping water retention low and help with more quality gains, what do you think? with this cycle i would reduce the carbs to 300g a day, protein would be 500g and fats 50g (i weigh 240 pounds, probably more cos i carbed up) would this be good for lean gains and keeping bf low?
    thanks alot ronnie.
    Last edited by ricky23; 06-26-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Archangel. is offline Banned
    Ron, I need your help concerning my squat form please. Whenever I try to squat, by the time my quads are JUST about parallel with the floor, I feel REALLY tight in the whole hip region/area, and the only way for me to continue to go lower is if I lean my upper body too far forward to the point that I have sprained my low back because I'm now supporting so much weight with just my low back. I don't know what to do. I've tried widening my stance (helped a bit), and if I narow my stance, it's even worse. I see the powerlifters at my gym who squat a ton of weight be ably to squat down and keep their upper body really straight, so all the tension is pretty much on their legs as it should be. I also tried pusing my chest out and looking sort of upward, which also helped a bit, but it's still not perfect. I'm only 5'7 so I shouldn't have this issue. Is this a flexibility thing?? I'm fairly genetically gifted in the leg department, especially the quads, I have a good outer sweep and I can squat 315 for 6. I can do all this with only training my legs twice a year, but the problem is this makes me LAZY for training legs and I no longer want to be like this. I've been incorporating squats for the past several months religiously, but this problem is really putting a damper on my leg training.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    originally posted by chrisx
    ron i'm finally getting closer to starting my first cycle and i have a couple questions for you...

1. What's the downside to taking hcg throughout a reload besides the added cost and extra pokings? increasing your chances of developing gyno and if you do it too often for too long you increase your chances of desensitizing your testes-hence it becomes less effective at getting testicular function back on track.

2. Do i have to take some type of liver protection (whether it be liv52 or milk thistle) if i am only taking test c? no on both accounts as some people (myself included) have an allergic reaction to these herbs and some feel they make less gains when combining oral steroids and liver care products together but some do not. I do know both products make me feel ill but if you choose to use them i don't think they will harm you unless you are allergic or feel they are decreasing your gains. what about a test/decca cycle or test/anavar ?

3. In case signs of gyno start to occur, it's ok if i have nolva on hand instead of armidex to cure it correct? (i really do not ever want to take arimidex just from what you said it can do to the joints)you could use nolvadex if you choose to do so but when you come off there will be an estrogen rebound and gyno may be worse than ever. Aromasin would be a better drug to use by itself or for the next 2 weeks immediately after coming off nolvadex to prevent estrogen rebound.

4. How many times can i inject in one area before having to switch to another?once a week max is best.

thanx for the help ron. Like i've said before your the best for doing thisronnie can you please answer the above questions for me? Thanks alot!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juicedupmonkey View Post
    this is a repost.

Hey ronnie i was wondering what your diet looked like during the weeks before the competition?like how much protein/carbs/fats and your water intake and what about your diet during the off season? It was modified as i progessed. I began with lowering my fat intake as i do not eat too many carbs and they cause me to bloat in the offseason. Not sure excatly how many i was eating but i tapered down to around 50 grams per day. Protein intake never changes-6 meals times 50 grams per meal. Carbs stayed around 150 on 5 lower carb days from 8 weeks out and then dropped them down to 100 as i approached 4 weeks out.

Sample:

5 lower carb days
    meal 1: Whole egg and several egg whites/oatmeal
    meal 2: Cod, half sweet potato, green beans
    meal 3: Same as meal 2
    meal 4: Scoop of protein powder and liquid egg whites
    meal 5: Chicken breast and large green leaf romaine salad with tiny amount of powder parmasean cheese sprinkled on top.
    Meal 6: Scoop of protein powder/egg whites/2 table spoons of smart balance peanut butter

1 medium carb up day on wednesday- add 100 grams of slow burning carbs and reduce protein so calories remain the same. Fats stay at 50 grams.

1 high carb day on saturday-replace protein calories with slow burning carbs. I do not count carbs on this day and keep fats at 50 grams

i know you say to just do straight sets but what about if i'm training biceps and triceps? Like if i superset them is that okay? not really as it takes away from getting the most out of both muscle groups. Train each muscle on an individual basis then move on to next muscle group. If you ever try supersetting chest with back or quads with hams you will see what i mean! if in ketosis are you still able to make gains in size? You need the carbs to grow correct? i have seen people gain in ketosis given they eat enough fat but their joints can still hurt with no carbs and it's mostly guys with slow metabolisms and females who gain in ketosis. It's a bad idea unless you are severely over weight and are just starting to train
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    hey ronnie, i've got one week in the bag of lifting on 500mg test e. Ive attached my routine as a pdf and would like you too have a look at it to hear your ideas on how it looks or where i could change it up. Lifts are already going up! First column is the week before test, 2nd column is week one. Ill be updating this form weekly just to see strength gains. Gonna be charting body measurements as well. Thanks for all this great info and all the help so far!! Glad to have ya back!
    1. Do incline press as opposed to incline flyes for mass
    2. For back do pulldowns first, rows second, and deadlifts last.
    3. Do not use prep set (low reps on isolation exercise) like bicep curls-too hard on the tendons.
    4. Do not use prep set (low reps on stiff legged deadlifts)-too much strain on lower back. Also do romanian dead lifts as they are easier on the spine than the stiff legged version.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    hey big ronnie....opinions on tall people doing squats....
    Many tall people with long femurs are best to leave squats alone and use the leg press instead as the exercise causes too much strain on their knees and lower back.

asto_86 is offline New Member
    above
    Thanks a ton for clearing that up for me Ronnie! Shoulda been common sense for me to see that isolation exercises like curls and such should stay in the 8-15 rep range. Got it sorted out and ready to rock this next 7 weeks!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel. View Post
    Ron, I need your help concerning my squat form please. Whenever I try to squat, by the time my quads are JUST about parallel with the floor, I feel REALLY tight in the whole hip region/area, and the only way for me to continue to go lower is if I lean my upper body too far forward to the point that I have sprained my low back because I'm now supporting so much weight with just my low back. I don't know what to do. I've tried widening my stance (helped a bit), and if I narow my stance, it's even worse. I see the powerlifters at my gym who squat a ton of weight be ably to squat down and keep their upper body really straight, so all the tension is pretty much on their legs as it should be. I also tried pusing my chest out and looking sort of upward, which also helped a bit, but it's still not perfect. I'm only 5'7 so I shouldn't have this issue. Is this a flexibility thing?? I'm fairly genetically gifted in the leg department, especially the quads, I have a good outer sweep and I can squat 315 for 6. I can do all this with only training my legs twice a year, but the problem is this makes me LAZY for training legs and I no longer want to be like this. I've been incorporating squats for the past several months religiously, but this problem is really putting a damper on my leg training.
    First, I think you are trying to go way too heavy!!! You are bodybuilding not powerlifting! Second, you never go below parallel and especially never lean forward as it can kill your lower back and even blow out a disk! Third, try the smith machine and use a fairly wide stance-nake sure knees do not go pat toes and do not round lower back out. Forth, try placing 5 pound plates underneath both heels when doing free weight squats while reducing weight load and see if that helps keep you more upright when in down position. 5th,Control the descent then push out of the whole squeezing your glutes. Push your knees to the side, and rotate your hips out. 6th, do weighted hyper-extensions once a week to strengthen lower back.

NOTE: I recommend knee wraps and a belt for lower back support.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    ron...i've read of you using the skip load..but...also read of you using the slingshot load..pre-contest before jumping on stage...which do you really use and what's the difference between these two methods????if you can tell use...realize..most people spend cash for this kind of information brother!!!!!understood if you can't give it away for free...
    Yes, most people pay trainer's a lot of money to learn how to hit the stage in the best condition humanlypossible and for good reason! The skip load is very good but yes I do have a Slingshot Load for competitive bodybuilders which has proven more consistent and predictable results for me and those I have worked with. I'm on here to help so I will provide you with the basic concept of the Slingshot Load.

In a nutshell the Slingshot Load for pre-contest:

1. Water cut-off is individual. For most they need to cut out all water at 12 am the day before the show inorder to be completely dried out for pre-judging the next morning. It's also done naturally without any prescription diuretics or over-the- counter diuretics like the skip load.

2. Like the skip load you carb up on monday night and all day tuesday then go back to eating normal diet.

3. Unlike the skip load you do not go into the show eating the low carb diet that got you in that condition to begin with but rather start carbing up and fat loading to some degree the day before the show after water is cut off. This produces a Slingshot effect and really fills you out!

4. Unlike the skip load you always take in a meal like a burger and fries (high in fat/carbs/salt) the morning of the show to help dry out and improve overall detail by using a Slingshot effect.

Archangel. is offline Banned
    First, I think you are trying to go way too heavy!!! You are bodybuilding not powerlifting! Second, you never go below parallel and especially never lean forward as it can kill your lower back and even blow out a disk! Third, try the smith machine and use a fairly wide stance-nake sure knees do not go pat toes and do not round lower back out. Forth, try placing 5 pound plates underneath both heels when doing free weight squats while reducing weight load and see if that helps keep you more upright when in down position. 5th,Control the descent then push out of the whole squeezing your glutes. Push your knees to the side, and rotate your hips out. 6th, do weighted hyper-extensions once a week to strengthen lower back.

NOTE: I recommend knee wraps and a belt for lower back support.
    Thanks Ron. I know one shouldn't lean forward, I just wonder why it feels as though I'm forced to when my hips begin to "tighten up" on the negative?? You say to use a wide stance in the smith machine, do I also want to go wide stance with free weights? Why is going below parallel bad, and is going to parallel just as effective for muscle mass?? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel. View Post
    Thanks Ron. I know one shouldn't lean forward, I just wonder why it feels as though I'm forced to when my hips begin to "tighten up" on the negative?? Proably trying to use too much weight and going down too deep in the hole but you do want to hit parallel. Most people try and use too much weight with squats and bench press which causes pain in the lower back, knees, shoulders and tricep tendons. u say to use a wide stance in the smith machine, do I also want to go wide stance with free weights? Yes, but nothing excessive.Why is going below parallel bad, and is going to parallel just as effective for muscle mass?? Going down too deep put's too much strain on the lower back (especially the S-1/L-5 region) and it can take it's toll on the knees. Yes going to only parallel is just as effective and even more so. Thanks
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky23
    hi ronnie, after i finished my aas cycle i used the keto diet to trim off bf i gained while bulking (this is during pct) ive done it now for 5 days zero carbs and an increase in healthy fats but ive lost 6 kilos in this time! ive already lost fat and water but i fear that ive lost muscle tissue aswell. I tend to lose muscle in ketosis as well unless I take in a ton of fats and even then my joints start to hurt so bad I lose strength which eventually causes muscle loss. so for the next 3 days im gonna carb up, 600-800g of carbs for 3 days and 2 gallons of water also to help store glycogen back in the muscles. do you think this will be enough to help regain lost muscle? Yes!thanks

above

thanks for the reply ronnie. do you still follow the keto diet when needed? NEVER! in the past ive always gone medium carbs and low fats to cut up but afte researching the keto diet and weighing up the pros and cons i went with this but i definetely regret it. thankfully i carbed up and gained the weight back but do you think that it is possible to stop muscle loss during ketosis or is that down to metabolism? I think if you can keep weight loss to 1 lb per week you have a much better chance of holding onto most of your muscle when in ketosis (especially if you have a faster metabolism). was watching a branch warren vid and he also said that he doesnt really like the zero carbs approach as he gets way too flat, also i was watching a dorian yates seminar where he said that the lowest he ever went on carbs was 200g a day but then he would carb up for 3 days taking in around 100-1500g of carbs! abit much but i think he must have been taking insulin . I agree with Branch and yes Yates took slin.
    for my next cycle i was thinking of adding primo t3 and clen to test and tren . i finished 1.2g of test and 450mg of tren for my previous cycle but do you think it would be wise to perhaps reduce the test to around 900mg and increase the tren to 750mg ? i think it will help keep water retention low and help with more quality gains, what do you think? I think by decreasing test and inceasing tren you will have less water retention-hence stay leaner looking. Plus tren is stronger than test so more quality gains! You can try 750 mgs of tren but I would reduce test to 750 mgs as well to relieve even more water. with this cycle i would reduce the carbs to 300g a day, protein would be 500g and fats 50g (i weigh 240 pounds, probably more cos i carbed up) would this be good for lean gains and keeping bf low? I would decrease carbs to 200- 5 days per week if you begin to gain too much body fat and carb up some twice a week while simultaneously reducing protein to keep calories in check. thanks alot ronnie.
    above

Thread Information