Page 32 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,280 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

chrisx is offline New Member
    Ron how does this Blast look?

I need to gain about 40pds for football, so I will be body-building first in Phase 1...then in Phase 2 I will be working out for Strength and Hardness.

This is what I plan on doing...

Phase 1
    Reload: 8 weeks 500mg Test C
    Deload: 2 weeks 250mg Test C
    (Somewhat of a bulk, I know I will retain alot of water weight and it will make me slower but then I will turn that hopefully into hard muscle with Phase 2)

Phase 2
    Reload: 8 weeks 250mg Test E (250mg, not 500)
    8 weeks 200mg Decca (bump up deca to 400 mgs per week)
    8 weeks 25mg Anavar ed (bump up anavar to 50 mgs per day if you can afford it)Deload: 2 weeks 250mg Test E

PCT: weeks 21-24 with Nolva and HCG

How does Phase 2 look Ronnie? Another option I was thinking of is to get rid of the Decca and up the Anavar dosage to 40mg ed. But at the same time I need to gain 40pds of muscle so I can use a little more mass when finishing with Phase 1.It's impossible for anyone to gain 40 lbs of muscle in 20 weeks. Much of what you gain will be fat and anavar will cause more stregnth gains than muscle gains! Increase the deca and it would be a good idea to increase test to 750 mgs per week in addition to the deca and var.

So for phase 2 your advise is...

8 weeks Test E 750mg
    8 weeks Decca 400mg
    8 weeks Var 50mg ed

Ron isn't that a little to much for a first time cycle? What if I told you I didn't want to put that much strain on my body from the aas and have 18months to gain those 40pds of muscle vs 20 weeks (which I know I asked for your 20week recommendation, but I can really take about 18 months), what would you recommend then for Phase 2?

And thanx for your help Ron. Your advice is ALWAYS appreciated, and I speak for EVERYONE!

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Big Ron

What's your opinion on stacking low dose of dbol with low dose of anadrol ?

So instead of running test/deca with only one oral at higher dose (i.e anadrol for 50mg/day for 8 weeks, or dbol for 40mg/day for 8 weeks), I'm thinking of doing test/deca with both 25mg/day of anadrol stacked with 20mg/day of dbol instead?

Do you think this method will provide better synergy while minimizing the side effects of each compound, considering they both have their own advantages and work from different pathways, it sounds like a great idea of combining them both at a half a dose to me?

superquick is offline New Member
    Thanks for taking the time to share that, some great info there.

Archangel. is offline Banned
    Ron, I know you must fel bombarded by my questions, but I need your advice on something else.

I feel I've hit a sticking point in my training, mostly with chest and back. I would like your advice on whether you feel it's training, diet or AAS, or a combination.

My current split is

Mon: bi's/tri's/forearms
    wed: back/traps
    fri: chest/shoulders
    sat: quads/hams/calves

I do 12 work sets for each bodypart, except forearms, traps, hams, calves and shoulders, which I do about 6 work sets for.

Since I'm mostly concerned with chest/back, 'll break that down.

back:
    rack pulls 4 sets X 1, 4-6, 8-10, 8-10
    low pulley row: 4 sets X 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10-12
    Wide grip pulldown: 4 sets X 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10-12
    I then finish out with 4 sets of smith machine shrugs 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10-12

Chest:
    flat barbell bench: 4 sets X 1, 6-8, 6-8, 8-12
    Smith inclines: 3 sets X 4-6, 6-8, 8-10
    flat flyes: 3 sets X 6-10, 6-10, 6-10
    I then finish out with 3 sets of side laterals X 8-10 reps, and rear laterals 3 sets of 8-10 reps. I might also do dumbell presses for 3 sets.

Diet:
    250-275p everyday
    100c on mon/tues/thurs/sun, then 200c on wed and fri (trying to get a boost for chest and back days)
    40-50f everyday

200-220p always caomes from whole food sources like lean meat, fish and egg whites and cottage cheese, and the rest from whey powder.

All carbs come from mostly Oats, whole wheat pasta, a bananna or an apple( post workout) and 10 grams or so from salsa which I use to flavour my meat/pasta.

Half my fat comes from saturated sources i.e. a little in the lean ground beef and egg yolk, and the other half from unsaturated sources like natty PB.

Total cals are about 1850-1950 on the lower carb days, then 2250-2350 on the higher carb days.

I'm on week 16 of my 20 week blast currently running 750mg/test e/week as you suggested. No AI's to suppress estrogen.

I've noticed my weight has stayed virtually the same fo the past 4-6weeks, but I was trying to shed some BF, hence the lower carb days. I'm now 95% happy with my BF% so should I increase and how much, in what macro's??

Also, another thing I've noticed, I HATE stopping working out. I have a serious problem leaving the gym and not going over my alloteted sets. I usually control this, but sometimes I'll do more than I listed above.

So, what do you think? Is 20 weeks to long for me to go on AAS? Like, has my body got too saturated or something? Or is it my diet? Or training

Oh, I get between 8-9 hours sleep, and don't do much cardio at all

Thanks

adiel is offline New Member

Guys check u might wana see dis

ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES
    (GREENSMOKE)

www.greensmoke.com/adiel

GIVING YOU 10 % DISCOUNT

www.greensmoke.com/disc10-18760

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Ron how does this Blast look?

I need to gain about 40pds for football, so I will be body-building first in Phase 1...then in Phase 2 I will be working out for Strength and Hardness.

This is what I plan on doing...

Phase 1
    Reload: 8 weeks 500mg Test C
    Deload: 2 weeks 250mg Test C
    (Somewhat of a bulk, I know I will retain alot of water weight and it will make me slower but then I will turn that hopefully into hard muscle with Phase 2)

Phase 2
    Reload: 8 weeks 250mg Test E (250mg, not 500)
    8 weeks 200mg Decca (bump up deca to 400 mgs per week)
    8 weeks 25mg Anavar ed (bump up anavar to 50 mgs per day if you can afford it)Deload: 2 weeks 250mg Test E

PCT: weeks 21-24 with Nolva and HCG

How does Phase 2 look Ronnie? Another option I was thinking of is to get rid of the Decca and up the Anavar dosage to 40mg ed. But at the same time I need to gain 40pds of muscle so I can use a little more mass when finishing with Phase 1.It's impossible for anyone to gain 40 lbs of muscle in 20 weeks. Much of what you gain will be fat and anavar will cause more stregnth gains than muscle gains! Increase the deca and it would be a good idea to increase test to 750 mgs per week in addition to the deca and var.

So for phase 2 your advise is...

8 weeks Test E 750mg
    8 weeks Decca 400mg
    8 weeks Var 50mg ed

Ron isn't that a little to much for a first time cycle? Oh....If it's a first time cycle then stick to testosterone only for first reload at 500 mgs per week. During the second phase I would increase test only to 750 mgs per week or stay at 500 mgs per week with test and add 400 mgs of deca into the mix. Anavar is not needed as it only works well for males in high dosages and it can cause lethargicness. Anavar is a female steroid for the most part.What if I told you I didn't want to put that much strain on my body from the aas and have 18months to gain those 40pds of muscle vs 20 weeks (which I know I asked for your 20week recommendation, but I can really take about 18 months), what would you recommend then for Phase 2? What I just said above!

And thanx for your help Ron. Your advice is ALWAYS appreciated, and I speak for EVERYONE!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    Big Ron

What's your opinion on stacking low dose of dbol with low dose of anadrol ? The combo works well for those who can tolerate the side effects of both drugs. Anadrol makes many feel like they have the flu. D-bol can make you feel sleepy.

So instead of running test/deca with only one oral at higher dose (i.e anadrol for 50mg/day for 8 weeks, or dbol for 40mg/day for 8 weeks), I'm thinking of doing test/deca with both 25mg/day of anadrol stacked with 20mg/day of dbol instead? It works well for those who can deal with the side effects of anadrol.

Do you think this method will provide better synergy while minimizing the side effects of each compound, considering they both have their own advantages and work from different pathways, it sounds like a great idea of combining them both at a half a dose to me? Honestly, just running 50 mgs of d-bol alone per day or 100 mgs of anadrol alone per day should work just as good as combining the two in lower amounts. But if sides are less by combining both drugs at a lower dosage (for you on a personal level) then you come out ahead. A lot of times making gains has to do with combating side effects. If you feel really bad while taking something it's going to hold back your ability to make muscle gains. Those who make the most progress taking steroids tend to be the people who can take large amounts and experience little to no side effects!
    above

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Thx Ron! Gonna give that a try in the future

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member

wtf lol

ok, this is a lot of info... so let me get this straight..

i thought everyone advocates the "dont be on so long " pricinple...

10 - 12 weeks cycles max, and time on = time off...

i read this and im like wtf lol... but this like i said goes with ive always said... it seems to me, the real bodybuilders i know are never off...

so let me get this straight...

ur blast is 20 weeks total... 8 weeks on with long esters, followed by a deload of 2 weeks, almost half the dosage....and the training mimics the same thing... then reload upping everything again for 8 weeks, then deloading again...

wouldn't it make sense to be on short esters? so then the two weeks off would be more effective since the drugs can really leave faster say; test prop vs test e...

so basically 16 weeks on with 4 weeks deloaded cycle n training...

since ive been here everyone was saying dont be crazy with gear... get on, then get off to reach natural levels and not fk urself up...

how would this method not screw u up???...this is not an attack of any kind, simply just complete opposite of what ive been reading since i joined years ago...i am curious...

i was thinking ronnie, from now on...i would just do this..

6 weeks cycles...short esters example... prop, tren , dbol ... then off for 6 weeks... will let my gains stay and i can do this 4 times a year...6 on 6 off 6 on 6 off and so fourth...without any bad shut downs and losing too many of my kinds if any lost at all...

just wanted to understsand this more...its alot of posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie rowland View Post
    above
    thank you thank you thank you!!

DocBman is offline New Member
    Ronnie,

I am desperate need of diet help. I thought my diet was in check, but it is crap. I am having a hard time keeping calories up without changing carbs and fats substantially....

Stats
    Age 24
    weight 225
    height 74in
    BF% 13-14%
    Training 6yrs

currently on first week of basic test e/dbol cycle(slingshot)

Here is my diet plan below...
    This is the diet I do on cardio days which is done in the morning. Workout times vary depending on my schedule for work.

Breakfast
    2 eggs 6 whites
    1 potato
    1 cup peppers
    1/2 cup onions
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 tomato
    Snack
    1 cup tuna
    1 cup romaine
    Lunch
    9 oz chicken
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup carrots
    1/2 cup cucumbers
    1/2 cup peppers
    1/2 tomato
    1 cup romaine
    1/2 avocado
    Snack
    1 cup tuna
    1 cup romaine
    2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup grapes
    Dinner
    9 oz round eye
    1 cup broccoli
    Bed snack
    1 cup cottage cheese
    Pre work out
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    Post workout
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup grapes
    Totals Calories Carbs Protein Fat
    3677 208 489 82.5

Non Cardio days and rest days. on non training days I add the post workout meal into the first snack and the pre workout meal into the second snack.

Breakfast
    2eggs 6 whites
    1 cup peppers
    1/2 cup onions
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 tomato
    Snack
    1 cup tuna
    1 cup romaine
    Lunch
    9 oz chicken
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup carrots
    1/2 cup cucumbers
    1/2 cup peppers
    1/2 tomato
    1 cup romaine
    1/2 avocado
    Snack
    1 cup tuna
    1 cup romaine
    2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup grapes
    Dinner
    7 oz ground beef
    1 cup romaine
    8 asparagus spears
    Bed snack
    1 cup cottage cheese

Pre work out
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    Post work out
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup grapes
    3239 135 415 96

Thank you very much

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel. View Post
    ron, i know you must fel bombarded by my questions, but i need your advice on something else.

I feel i've hit a sticking point in my training, mostly with chest and back. I would like your advice on whether you feel it's training, diet or aas, or a combination.

My current split is

mon: Bi's/tri's/forearms
    wed: Back/traps
    fri: Chest/shoulders
    sat: Quads/hams/calves

i do 12 work sets for each bodypart, except forearms, traps, hams, calves and shoulders, which i do about 6 work sets for. 12 sets for lats is fine but reduce biceps, triceps, chest and quad sets to only 9. You are probably over-training.
    since i'm mostly concerned with chest/back, 'll break that down.

Back:
    Rack pulls 4 sets x 1, 4-6, 8-10, 8-10
    low pulley row: 4 sets x 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10-12
    wide grip pulldown: 4 sets x 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10-12
    i then finish out with 4 sets of smith machine shrugs 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10-12 (increase shrugs to 6 sets) reduce rack pull to only 2 intense work sets.

You need to put rack pulls at the end of your back training just before traps and you need to increase lat width sets to 6 and lat thickness sets to 6. Add one exercise for lat width and one for lat thickness! Try high pully rows and close grip pulldowns (palms facing one another. 3 sets per exercise.

chest:
    Flat barbell bench: 4 sets x 1, 6-8, 6-8, 8-12
    smith inclines: 3 sets x 4-6, 6-8, 8-10
    flat flyes: 3 sets x 6-10, 6-10, 6-10
    i then finish out with 3 sets of side laterals x 8-10 reps, and rear laterals 3 sets of 8-10 reps. I might also do dumbell presses for 3 sets.

Diet:
    250-275p everyday
    100c on mon/tues/thurs/sun, then 200c on wed and fri (trying to get a boost for chest and back days)
    40-50f everyday (you need to increase carbs to around 200 per day to increase size/strength)

200-220p always caomes from whole food sources like lean meat, fish and egg whites and cottage cheese, and the rest from whey powder.

All carbs come from mostly oats, whole wheat pasta, a bananna or an apple( post workout) and 10 grams or so from salsa which i use to flavour my meat/pasta.

Half my fat comes from saturated sources i.e. A little in the lean ground beef and egg yolk, and the other half from unsaturated sources like natty pb.

Total cals are about 1850-1950 on the lower carb days, then 2250-2350 on the higher carb days.

I'm on week 16 of my 20 week blast currently running 750mg/test e/week as you suggested. No ai's to suppress estrogen.

I've noticed my weight has stayed virtually the same fo the past 4-6weeks, but i was trying to shed some bf, hence the lower carb days. I'm now 95% happy with my bf% so should i increase and how much, in what macro's??

Also, another thing i've noticed, i hate stopping working out. I have a serious problem leaving the gym and not going over my alloteted sets. I usually control this, but sometimes i'll do more than i listed above.

So, what do you think? Is 20 weeks to long for me to go on aas? No! Like, has my body got too saturated or something? Or is it my diet? Or training diet n training!
    oh, i get between 8-9 hours sleep, and don't do much cardio at all

thanks
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleaser View Post
    ok, this is a lot of info... So let me get this straight..

I thought everyone advocates the "dont be on so long " pricinple...

10 - 12 weeks cycles max, and time on = time off...i don't know who came up with this idea but i totally disagree.

read this and im like wtf lol... But this like i said goes with ive always said... It seems to me, the real bodybuilders i know are never off...you are correct. And i will tell you the truth as i know it. so let me get this straight...

Ur blast is 20 weeks total... 8 weeks on with long esters, followed by a deload of 2 weeks, almost half the dosage....and the training mimics the same thing... Then reload upping everything again for 8 weeks, then deloading again...yes!

wouldn't it make sense to be on short esters? So then the two weeks off would be more effective since the drugs can really leave faster say; test prop vs test e...no because you dont want to crash if at all possible because it's too hard on endocrine system, etc.
    so basically 16 weeks on with 4 weeks deloaded cycle n training...yes and now that i think about it, my friend dave palumbo advocates 16 week cycles.
    since ive been here everyone was saying dont be crazy with gear... Get on, then get off to reach natural levels and not fk urself up...everyone is going to have an opinion. I'll leave it up to you to decide which way is best.
    how would this method not screw u up???...this is not an attack of any kind, simply just complete opposite of what ive been reading since i joined years ago...i am curious...none of my clients have been screwed up doing it.

i was thinking ronnie, from now on...i would just do this..

6 weeks cycles...short esters example... Prop, tren , dbol ... Then off for 6 weeks... Will let my gains stay and i can do this 4 times a year...6 on 6 off 6 on 6 off and so fourth...without any bad shut downs and losing too many of my kinds if any lost at all...you will not keep gains if you take 6 weeks off after a short-lived 6 week cycle! AS SOON AS TH TEST LEAVES YOUR SYSTEM YOU WILL BEGIN LOSING.

just wanted to understsand this more...its alot of posts lol
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBman View Post
    Ronnie,

I am desperate need of diet help. I thought my diet was in check, but it is crap. I am having a hard time keeping calories up without changing carbs and fats substantially....The reason could be that you are adding in too many accesory foods like (onions, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes). Also i feel you need to add some smart balance peanut butter with liquid egg whites mixed with scoop of chocolate protein powder in place of the cottage cheese at night to bump up fat calories and protein. I also feel you need to add in some more protein. liquid egg whites mixed with a scoop of protein powder works great as it requires no chewing and is quick. Your protein intake should be 1.5 to 2 grams per pound of body weight. I find 1.5 grams works well for me in general but I do shoot for 2 grams.
    Stats
    Age 24
    weight 225
    height 74in
    BF% 13-14%
    Training 6yrs

currently on first week of basic test e/dbol cycle(slingshot)

Here is my diet plan below...
    This is the diet I do on cardio days which is done in the morning. Workout times vary depending on my schedule for work.

Breakfast
    2 eggs 6 whites
    1 potato
    1 cup peppers
    1/2 cup onions
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 tomato
    Snack
    1 cup tuna
    1 cup romaine
    Lunch
    9 oz chicken
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup carrots
    1/2 cup cucumbers
    1/2 cup peppers
    1/2 tomato
    1 cup romaine
    1/2 avocado
    Snack
    1 cup tuna
    1 cup romaine
    2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup grapes
    Dinner
    9 oz round eye
    1 cup broccoli
    Bed snack
    1 cup cottage cheese
    Pre work out
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    Post workout
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup grapes
    3677 208 489 82.5

Non Cardio days and rest days. on non training days I add the post workout meal into the first snack and the pre workout meal into the second snack.

Breakfast
    2eggs 6 whites
    1 cup peppers
    1/2 cup onions
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 tomato
    Snack
    1 cup tuna
    1 cup romaine
    Lunch
    9 oz chicken
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup carrots
    1/2 cup cucumbers
    1/2 cup peppers
    1/2 tomato
    1 cup romaine
    1/2 avocado
    Snack
    1 cup tuna
    1 cup romaine
    2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup grapes
    Dinner
    7 oz ground beef
    1 cup romaine
    8 asparagus spears
    Bed snack
    1 cup cottage cheese

Pre work out
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    Post work out
    2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup grapes
    3239 135 415 96

Thank you very much
    above

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    6 weeks cycles...short esters example... Prop, tren, dbol... Then off for 6 weeks... Will let my gains stay and i can do this 4 times a year...6 on 6 off 6 on 6 off and so fourth...without any bad shut downs and losing too many of my kinds if any lost at all...you will not keep gains if you take 6 weeks off after a short-lived 6 week cycle! AS SOON AS TH TEST LEAVES YOUR SYSTEM YOU WILL BEGIN LOSING.
    my question is for the 6 week on and off...

so basically i figured, since the gear got out of me quickly..i would be doing pct on my 6 weeks off...i forgot to mention that...

i would do aromasin and clomid pct for those 6 weeks off..i would def keep all gains...no?

if not, then i def would have to give ur method a try..lol...

but my question really is, after ur 16 week on and 4 weeks off...when do u just stop...or do u continue this all year.??.. and when u do stop ur blast...what says u won't lose ur gains just as fast as my proposed 6 weeks on/off with pct..?

I just have a feel my body responds to less time on rather than more time on...and i also want to make sure i keep the most gains possible without dealing with long term effects or the sides of coming off long cycles...
    thanks for ur time and input
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 07-10-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    my question is for the 6 week on and off...

so basically i figured, since the gear got out of me quickly..i would be doing pct on my 6 weeks off...i forgot to mention that...

i would do aromasin and clomid pct for those 6 weeks off..i would def keep all gains...no? You would only keep around what you could obtain naturally. Once you go off steroids your body gradually loses back down right to what you could have obtained as a natural who has trained properly for several years. Steroids just help you get there faster! The concept of cycling, then going off and keeping most of your gains is for a first time cycler. Once you go above and beyond your natural potential with steroids ,you cannot hold it with your own natural test production or with PCT. To prove my point look at Dorian Yates. I'm confident he is now on HRT which is more potent than PCT and he's no where as big as he used to be.

if not, then i def would have to give ur method a try..lol...

but my question really is, after ur 16 week on and 4 weeks off...when do u just stop...or do u continue this all year.??..[B]It varies according to your goals. Some do 20 weeks on and take 6-10 weeks off. Some take off even longer and others stay on year round. The longer you are on the more gains you will make. /B] and when u do stop ur blast...what says u won't lose ur gains just as fast as my proposed 6 weeks on/off with pct..? Your body needs time to adjust to the increase in size. If you stay on steroids longer you will hold onto to more muscle when you come off. 6 weeks does not give the body enough time to adjust to the increase in size. For example, if you lose weight slowly you can keep it off but if you lose it quick your chances are great it will come back. Similar scenario with using anabolics to increase size. If you gain slower over a longer period of time you are more likely to hold onto to more gains once you decide to come off! The more advanced steroid users hold just above what they could have obtained as a natural once they stop.
    I just have a feel my body responds to less time on rather than more time on...and i also want to make sure i keep the most gains possible without dealing with long term effects or the sides of coming off long cycles...
    thanks for ur time and input YO-YOING (6 weeks on/6 weeks off) IS A BAD IDEA IMO! It's best to do longer cycles and give your body time to adjust. Shocking the body with extremes is never a good idea as it brings forth more unwanted side effects.
    above

DocBman is offline New Member
    Thanks Ronnie!! I appreciate you taking the time to do all of this!

tren ... verses d-bol..... for mass when stacked with test???

hmmm..interesting ronnie...

so basically, once we juice after our first cycle...there really is no coming off ever lol...damn... i guess its just a life style forever...

i always thought after u cycle a few times, u could keep ur gains with the proper protein intake and calories and just keep working out...i didn't know u have to be on forever...

but if one takes gh and causes hyperplasmia to occur, doesn't that exceed ur genetic potential, thus allowing u to keep ''permanent " gains from those new cells that would eventually mature...? what would be the point of taking any steroids at all if we all knew we had to be on forever...?..especially for those who do not ever intend to compete or become THAT big like a pro...

all i ever wanted to do was to achieve a certian look, never wanted to look like MR 0, not even arnold, more like a fitness mag cover...i dont think those guys run juice forever??....

also regards to drugs like primo or anavar ..supposedly "most keepable" gains after a cycle...do u not agree with that?...

im not arguing im trying to learn here LOL... just a lot of stuff here that ive never heard before
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 07-10-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Nikjbax1 is offline New Member
    Whoa this forum is very helpful. I could read these posts all day long.

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    Now I have been keeping up with slingshot training methods, and I am planning out a cycle to run. Now I understand that you would need to do a deload for 2 weeks, but is that really enough to refresh receptors. Also would you need to increase the dosage of test the second phase or you can maintain 500mg test e throughout 20 weeks and just change compound next cycle? Now lastly is it possible to somehow incorporate a bulk/cut ending cycle. I was hoping to run a 20-22 week cycle with bulking and having a short cut at the end to look a bit leaner. How would this sound?

Weeks 1-22 Test E 500mg
    Weeks 1-5 dbol 35mg/day
    Weeks 8-17 Tren E 400mg/week
    Weeks 16-22 Clen /T3/Masteron ( To cut down )

Now this cycle seems to be a little over the place, but how would you construct it and is it generally absurd to incorporate a short cut to end a long cycle? The reasoning for that is because I feel like it is a waste if I wait 10 weeks after and run a whole cycle just to cut down because I am not competing yet until next year. I would appreciate your inputs on my questions thank you big guy.

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by ricky23; 11-10-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Here are some more questions for you Ronnie,
    I recently changed the way I preform a rep, before it would be Full ROM for example incline bench press bring the bar to my chest then back up till pretty well at the top part of the rep there is alot less tension on the muscle (pretty well giving the muscle a break).
    Now when coming up to the top part of the rep it is always 3/4 the way up so there is constant tension on the muscle, now should I keep doing this? Keeping the muscle under constant stress during a set is what you want correct to build the best size?

I also am about to start a cutting phase. Now because I will be cutting and doing a carb cycling diet you said you can just keep it one long reload and no need to deload since your mainly trying to cut and not put on mass (I hope I got that right I swear I saw you had said that somewhere) or could I just incorporate a carb cycling diet into a BLAST? So really what I mean is which one is a better idea? Carb cycling diet with just one long reload or incorporate a 20 week blast with 2 reloads/2 deloads?? P.S I will be doing a 20 week cycle of test E/tren E at this time aswell.

I'm also gonna do cardio 3-5 times a week LIT just on a treadmill with a high incline for anywhere from 25-60min either first thing after waking up before eating or PWO with 5grams BCAA and 5 grams taurine.
    Is it okay to go to upwards of an hour? Or is that simply to much?

Thank you so much Ronnie again you are a legend!

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member

Training Advice

I'm training 5 days each muscle 1x per week. Looking to bulk.

1. Is this too much volume for back?
    Medium grip chins 3 sets
    Wide grip chins 2 sets
    Palm facing pull downs 3 sets
    Deadlift 3 sets
    Barbell Row 3 sets
    T Bar Row 3 sets
    Lower Palm facing pulley row 3 sets

2. I'm doing 10 sets for chest, thinking about cutting back to 9.
    First exercise Decline Smith Bench Press REPS(4-6, 8-10, 8-10, 12-15)
    Should I eliminate the last set of 12-15?

3. Should we still be using the 12-15 rep set while bulking?

4. I noticed you (and many other professional trainers) choose 1 exercise for calf day. Doesn't this mean part of the calf is getting neglected? gastrocnemius or the soleus?

asto_86 is offline New Member
    Hey ron! Just getting started on week 4 and I have been seeing tremendous gains in the gym and in the mirror despite the fact that i am doing daily cardio! I am having absolutely no bloat with this diet and workout regime. Love it! I was curious what you think of my diet...

5am: Cardio

6am: Meal 1
    Fruit: 40g carbs
    Chicken breast: 40g Protein

7am: Lift

9am: Meal 2
    Chicken Breast: 40g Protein

Noon: Meal 3
    Fruit: 40g Carbs
    Spinach or asparagus: 5g Carbs
    Tilapia: 40g Protein

3pm: Meal 4

6pm: Meal 5
    Top Sirloin: 40g Protein

9pm: Meal 6

Fruits= Bananas, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pineapple and apples (in any random assortment as long as the total equals 40g's for the meal).

Total: 260g carbs, 250g (including trace sources) protein, 50g (on average) fat.

I weigh 175lbs at about 8%bf

Some days I will only have the fruit in the first 2 meals if I feel like being at a defecit.

What do you think?

ps, it's only week 4 of being on and i'm going for 275x4-6 reps on 30 degree decline tomorrow, it will be a new personal best for me!

C-Low is offline New Member
    Ronnie, new here...question: i am stacking Test enathate with tren acetate at a dose of MONDAY: 200mg of test and 200 mg of tren, WEDNESDAY: 200 of Tren only and FRIDAY: 200 mg Test and 200 mg Tren, giviing a total of 600mg/week of Test and 600mg/week of Tren. This is my first cycle and am about 3 1/2 weeks into it, plus i am incorporating a anti-estrogen with it due to nipples were starting to get sore and wanted to catch that early!!! I also drink 3 protein shakes a day. I work out about a 1 hour a day for 5 days a week, when would i start REALLY noticing some good cuts and gains? i have gained about 13 pounds already....my goal is to acquire gains but more cut..any feedback on what i am currently doing is greatly appreciated. thanx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    tren... verses d-bol..... for mass when stacked with test???
    Stacking all 3 is best for those who can tolerate side effects.

Once again, it just depends on the persons chemical make-up and how they react to each drug. In general, test/d-bol is better for gains in strength (which translates into gaining more size) while test/tren is better for making leaner muscle gains without as much strength.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo18 View Post
    now i have been keeping up with slingshot training methods, and i am planning out a cycle to run. Now i understand that you would need to do a deload for 2 weeks, but is that really enough to refresh receptors. i say "yes" to refresh but "no" to totally refeshing receptors which can take so long you lose muscle in the process. also would you need to increase the dosage of test the second phase or you can maintain 500mg test e throughout 20 weeks and just change compound next cycle? you could keep test at 500 mgs during second phase and keep making gains given you add in a second compound. Now lastly is it possible to somehow incorporate a bulk/cut ending cycle. I was hoping to run a 20-22 week cycle with bulking and having a short cut at the end to look a bit leaner. How would this sound? you can do that or you can do a lean bulk for 20 weeks which would require no cutting at the end unless you are looking to be shredded.
    weeks 1-22 test e 500mg
    weeks 1-5 dbol 35mg/day
    weeks 8-17 tren e 400mg/week (you must deload after 8 weeks of reloading! During weeks 9-10/19-20 run only around 250 mgs of test per week. Also run test/d-bol during weeks 1-8 (1st reload) and test/tren during second 8 week reload (weeks 11-18). Begin pct on week 21 if you plan to come off. weeks 16-22 clen /t3/masteron ( to cut down )

now this cycle seems to be a little over the place, but how would you construct it and is it generally absurd to incorporate a short cut to end a long cycle? The reasoning for that is because i feel like it is a waste if i wait 10 weeks after and run a whole cycle just to cut down because i am not competing yet until next year. I would appreciate your inputs on my questions thank you big guy.
    above

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=ricky23;5258560]hi ronnie, can you critique my diet please.
    thankyou.

stats -
    252 pounds
    bf 20%+

diet - protein/carbs/fats
    meal 1 - 2 scoops whey protein, 100g oats: 50/60/0 (USE ONLY 1 SCOOP OF PROTEIN POWDER AND MIX IT IN LIQUID EGG WHITES-THEN DRINK)
    meal 2 - 10 egg whites + 2 whole eggs: 52/0/12
    meal 3 - 2 tins tuna, 100g brown rice: 60/60/0(ADD SOME FORM OF GREEN VEGGIES LIKE BROCCOLI,GREEN BEANS, GREEN LEAF SALAD, ETC TO HELP KEEP ACIDITY DOWN FROM ALL THE PROTEIN.

workout

meal 4 - 2 scoops whey protein (to stop catabolism): 50/0/0

40 mins low intensity cardio 110-120bpm

meal 5 - 2 scoops whey protein, 50g glucose (to replenish depleted glycogen stores): 50/50/0 ( I WOULD SKIP MEAL 4 AND REPLACE IT WITH MEAL 5)
    meal 6 - 2 tins tuna, 100g brown rice: 60/60/0

meal 7 - 500g steak: 100/0/25 (ADD SOME FORM OF GREEN VEGGIES LIKE BROCCOLI,GREEN BEANS, GREEN LEAF SALAD, ETC TO HELP KEEP ACIDITY DOWN FROM ALL THE PROTEIN.
    meal 8 - 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs: 52/0/12

macros are -
    protein - 470g
    carbs - 230g
    fats - 50g

kcals - 3250

also have 6-8 litres of water a day. NOT BAD![/QUOTE]ABOVE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicedupmonkey View Post
    Here are some more questions for you Ronnie,
    I recently changed the way I preform a rep, before it would be Full ROM for example incline bench press bring the bar to my chest then back up till pretty well at the top part of the rep there is alot less tension on the muscle (pretty well giving the muscle a break).
    Now when coming up to the top part of the rep it is always 3/4 the way up so there is constant tension on the muscle, now should I keep doing this? Keeping the muscle under constant stress during a set is what you want correct to build the best size? THE BEST WAY IS TO NOT STOP 3/4THS OF THE WAY UP BUT DO A FULL RANGE OF MOTION!
    I also am about to start a cutting phase. Now because I will be cutting and doing a carb cycling diet you said you can just keep it one long reload and no need to deload since your mainly trying to cut and not put on mass CORRECT! (I hope I got that right I swear I saw you had said that somewhere) or could I just incorporate a carb cycling diet into a BLAST? RELOAD AND CARB CYCLE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE DIET. So really what I mean is which one is a better idea? Carb cycling diet with just one long reload or incorporate a 20 week blast with 2 reloads/2 deloads?? LONG RELOAD P.S I will be doing a 20 week cycle of test E/tren E at this time aswell. SOUNDS GOOD!

I'm also gonna do cardio 3-5 times a week LIT just on a treadmill with a high incline for anywhere from 25-60min either first thing after waking up before eating or PWO with 5grams BCAA and 5 grams taurine.
    Is it okay to go to upwards of an hour? Or is that simply to much? I would do 45 minutes max and do it more times during the week. Upwards of 6 times per week (never on leg training day) is an option!
    Thank you so much Ronnie again you are a legend!
    above

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    does the slingshot have to be max 20 weeks? could it be a little longer to incorporate a cut at the end? so 3 reloads in a total cycle, last one being a cut, or that is too much and stick to only 2 deloads?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    I'm training 5 days each muscle 1x per week. Looking to bulk.

1. Is this too much volume for back?

T Bar Row 3 setsMedium grip chins 3 sets
    Wide grip chins 2 sets
    Deadlift 3 sets
    Barbell Row 3 sets

[B]Try this-
    Medium grip chins 3 sets
    Barbell Row 3 sets
    3 sets-Note: Some prefer to do dealifts before rows but since it's mostly a lower back exercise I would put it last (after rows) and focus on rows first since they are more effective for thicknening the upper back. B]2. I'm doing 10 sets for chest, thinking about cutting back to 9.
    First exercise Decline Smith Bench Press REPS(4-6, 8-10, 8-10, 12-15)
    Should I eliminate the last set of 12-15? )It's a personal choice. Some like to stay around 8-10 on last set while some love the burn out set (12-15

3. Should we still be using the 12-15 rep set while bulking?You can!

4. I noticed you (and many other professional trainers) choose 1 exercise for calf day. Doesn't this mean part of the calf is getting neglected? gastrocnemius or the soleus? When you do toe presses on the leg press machine, standing calf raises or donkey's, you mostly hit the gastroc (largest muscle in your calves) but you still stimulate the soleus. One of those 3 exercises is all that's needed to make them grow if they are going to grow. My suggestion is to try training calves with only 6 sets on a leg press machine. Each work set should be like this - do 10-15 reps to failure using a full range of motion. After hitting failure immediatedly reduce the weight and do only partial reps in the upper half of the movement for higher reps to failure once again. Pump them a little faster and really focus on the contraction. Train past the burn!!! That constitutes one set. 6 sets of those will really pump them and stimulates the dense muscle fibers. [/U]
    above

Regulator is offline New Member
    How many calories below BMR for cutting cycle(using carb cycling) do you recommend .Or is there no guidline since the calories would change everyday from the carb differences?

Ronnie I'm just trying to be as safe as possible with my body and not mess anything up, I'm kind of scared of being on aas for 20 weeks. Since I'm 2 1/2 weeks into my test c cycle, what if I was happy with the gains I made in 8 weeks, would it be ok to stop then and if so what would be a good pct? Or how about in the 2nd phase, I only reload for 4-6 weeks then continuing with deload and pct as normal? Would that be ok??

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Hi Ronnie,
    I'm currently on my 5th week into my 3rd reload and seeing good gains thanks to you. This reload i'm using 60mg of Winstrol ED (which i've never used previously), 525mg of Tren blend PW and 1,400mg of Test blend PW ( both of which I have used many times before prior to using your STS. My problem is that i'm staring to see signs of thinning on the top of my scalp and thought it may be because of the Winstrol. I'm also using a lot more Test and Tren than ever before so could it be that? even though it did'nt seem to effect me on earlier cycles maybe due to me taking less of it. The thinning would be best decribed as all over thinning on the top of my head. There doesn't seem to be any receding of the hair line or bald patch on the crown, so i'm thinking, could it be the Winstrol? I'm hoping you may have seen a case like this in your many years of personal training and could offer me some advise. Should I stop using the Winstrol? Should I reduce the dosage of Test and Tren? If I act now how long should it be until I start seeing positive results? (hair stops thinning)? Will the hair I've lost grow back? Is it worth buying some Regaine from the chemist? Any help you could offer will be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=asto_86;5258723]Hey ron! Just getting started on week 4 and I have been seeing tremendous gains in the gym and in the mirror despite the fact that i am doing daily cardio! I am having absolutely no bloat with this diet and workout regime. Love it! I was curious what you think of my diet...

5am: Cardio

6am: Meal 1
    Chicken breast: 40g Protein

7am: Lift

9am: Meal 2
    Chicken Breast: 40g Protein

Noon: Meal 3

3pm: Meal 4

6pm: Meal 5

9pm: Meal 6

Fruits= Bananas, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pineapple and apples (in any random assortment as long as the total equals 40g's for the meal).

Total: 260g carbs, 250g (including trace sources) protein, 50g (on average) fat.

I weigh 175lbs at about 8%bf

Some days I will only have the fruit in the first 2 meals if I feel like being at a defecit.

What do you think? add in healthy fatsd instead through nuts or smart balance (natural peanut butter). The diet is not bad but I would suggest some slow burning complex carbs for breakfast like oatmeal and have something like a sweet potato with meal 3 (noon). I would also drop all carbs at 9pm and replace them with healthy fats like some extra virgin olive oil on your aspargus. If you feel you need more carbs eat some earlier in the day.
    ps, it's only week 4 of being on and i'm going for 275x4-6 reps on 30 degree decline tomorrow, it will be a new personal best for me! That's great![/QUOTE]

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Regulator;5259469]How many calories below BMR for cutting cycle(using carb cycling) do you recommend .Or is there no guidline since the calories would change everyday from the carb differences? ![/There are no guidlines since the calories would change each day from your carb/activity differencesQUOTE]above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Ronnie I'm just trying to be as safe as possible with my body and not mess anything up, I'm kind of scared of being on aas for 20 weeks. Since I'm 2 1/2 weeks into my test c cycle, what if I was happy with the gains I made in 8 weeks, would it be ok to stop then You can but expect to lose more muscle during pct. PCT always remains the same (HCG)! and if so what would be a good pct? Or how about in the 2nd phase, I only reload for 4-6 weeks then continuing with deload and pct as normal? Might as well go the extra distance. It's only a few weeks more. You will come back just fine! Would that be ok??
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1111 View Post
    Hi Ronnie,
    I'm currently on my 5th week into my 3rd reload and seeing good gains thanks to you. This reload i'm using 60mg of Winstrol ED (which i've never used previously), 525mg of Tren blend PW and 1,400mg of Test blend PW ( both of which I have used many times before prior to using your STS. My problem is that i'm staring to see signs of thinning on the top of my scalp and thought it may be because of the Winstrol. I'm also using a lot more Test and Tren than ever before so could it be that? even though it did'nt seem to effect me on earlier cycles maybe due to me taking less of it. The thinning would be best decribed as all over thinning on the top of my head. There doesn't seem to be any receding of the hair line or bald patch on the crown, so i'm thinking, could it be the Winstrol? I think it's the winstrol! I'm hoping you may have seen a case like this in your many years of personal training and could offer me some advise. I have seen winstrol cause hair loss with others during contest prep. Should I stop using the Winstrol? YES! EShould I reduce the dosage of Test and Tren? Not unless it continues once the winstrol is stopped. If I act now how long should it be until I start seeing positive results? (hair stops thinning)? 2-4 weeks is average. Will the hair I've lost grow back? Hair grows back sort of like after taking chemo but a receeding hair line does not. Is it worth buying some Regaine from the chemist? I would try it for sure! Any help you could offer will be greatly appreciated.
    above

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    above
    Many thanks Ronnie for the quick reply. I will stop using the Winstrol immediatly. I don't have a receding hair line so I may be lucky. When I start using the Regaine (Minoxidol 5%) how long do you think it will take to notice a difference?

Kind regards.

Thread Information