Page 28 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Indian Muscle is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    1) type in southcarolina state bodybuilding. http://www.scbodybuilding.com/
    2) click on patrick collard studios on right side of page. http://www.collardphoto.com/
    3) go to store 2010 state show http://puploads125732.yourproimages....s2=no&groupid= 0&bw=false&sep=false&ckw=false

1st place winner in my division is located at bottom on page 7 (had nice legs but my upper body was bigger)
    2nd place located on bottom of page 9 in red trucks (medium size upper body, legs not much larger than mine)
    3rd place top of page 8 (I feel I had this guy beat by a landslide as he was smooth as a babys bottom)
    4th place I am at bottom of page 8 and top of page 9 (I had largest upper body, quads are cut but need more overall lower body development )

note: Go to thumbnails and on bottom of page 7 #11 took 1st, #14 on page 8 took 2nd and 3rd place (smoothy) is number #12 on page 8. I was #13 on page 8

My legs are improving but nerve damage from having had 10 back operations is really really hurting me about getting my legs to respond. I have lost reflexes in both of my ankles and both of knees, so I am struggling with lower body but not giving up hope. I had big ripped-quads before my accident so maybe just maybe they wil come back!

Wifes pics start at page 38 and go on and on as there are many. Her thighs are as big as the overall male winner if you keep scrolling you wil find them..lol
    I got a question for you Ron, So how does one improve lagging body parts especially legs! because you suggest straight sets and not going over 12 sets once a week for major body parts. if we train every body part in a similar fashion then how are we going to bring up the lagging parts? dont you think little extra volume or supersets or any uch things should be introduced when trying to improve lagging parts? btw i am not refering to lagging body parts due to injury or any such setbacks.

DocBman is offline New Member
    Ronnie,

thank you for all of your help and advice! I just recently got some HCG to run with my cycle you critiqued on page 20 or so.

My question is where should I add the HCG in the blast, how long, and how much??

Here is the cycle example:

First Blast
    wks 1-8: 500mg Test E
    wks 9-10: 250mgs Test E

Second Blast
    wks 11-14: 500mg Test E/30mg Dbol
    wks 11-18: 500mg Test E
    wks 19-20: 250mg Test E

PCT
    wks 21-24 Clomid 100/100/50/50
    Nolva 50/50/25/25

I have Arimadex on hand just in case...

Where does the HCG come into play?? should I drop the clomid if i run HCG?

Also, would it make a difference if I kickstarted my cycle with Dbol for the FIRST 4 wks rather add for the second reload?

Thank you very much!!

Doc

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink My hernia surgery went fine!

Sill in a lot of pain but things went well. It wil be n a few days. I am sure i
    '' need to make some needed correctins havisg been so depleted the past few weeks,..

50+
    50+ is offline New Member
    '' need to make some needed correctins havisg been so depleted the past few weeks,..
    The post operation pain can greatly vary from one person to another with Hernia operations. I think mine was about as bad as it gets, I actually think the doc made some kind of mistake or putting it off for way to many years was a mistake on my part. Many people that I've spoken with about this have told me that within a few day they were back to normal. I've had some pretty serious operations through the years and the pain after my hernia operation was by far the worst. I hope for your sake that yours isn't as bad as mine was. Hope you feel better soon.

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Get well soon Ronnie!

Yellow is offline Associate Member
    I hope you bounce back well, ronnie...
    God Bless you and family...

I have finished my first deload phase.
    I noticed that I lose a bit of size and bodyweight during the second week of deload, is this normal?

If I lose a bit of gain in second week of deload, does it mean that it would be better for me to just do 1 week of deload instead of 2?
    Because I once read in one of your post, you mentioned some guy in your gym only use 1 week deload and 10 months later he become a monster, do you think this method will work as well for me instead of doing the normal 2 weeks deload?
    Last edited by Yellow; 06-13-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: correct the typo

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    I noticed that I lose a bit of size and bodyweight during the second week of deload, is this normal?

If I lose a bit of gain in second week of deload, does it mean that it would be better for me to just do 1 week of deload instead of 2?
    Because I once read in one of your post, you mentioned some guy in your gym only use 1 week deload and 10 months later he become a monster, do you think this method will work as well for me instead of doing the normal 2 weeks deload?

Interesting question from Mr. Yellow! I'll be entering my first deload phase as well pretty soon, and I'd like to know about this too, doing a 1 week deload seems like a pretty neat trick, I could get back to second reload sooner, and make gains again, instead of having to lose some gains in the second week deload?

What do you think about this Ronnie?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of 1 week deload compared to 2 weeks?

asto_86 is offline New Member
    Day 1 begins today! Freakin stoked!!!

Archangel. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    I hope you bounce back well, ronnie...
    God Bless you and family...

I wish you all the best Ronnie. My father had a hernia operation several years ago, but he waited WAY too long to have it done. He dealt with that damn hernia for 10 YEARS before having it done, and by the time he did have it done, he was in his late 60's. He was very sore for a little while, but recovered quickly and efficiently. He's now 73 and going strong! If he can recover so well at that age, I KNOW you'll be fine in no time. We miss you bud.

As for your Q yellow, I always pay attention to what you and coca cola have to say, as you 2 and I began our first 20 week blast almost at exactly the same time. I am currently on day 12 of 14 of my first DELOAD, so almost about to start my second reload. I noticed a fluctuation of 5 pounds during this deload, normally staying at the low end of that fluctuation. I'm not sure why because my cals stayed almost exactly the same bcause I followed Ron's rule of cutting Protein in half during deload, and replacing that with an equal amount of healthy carbs GRAM FOR GRAM. So that equals out to be the same overall cals. My fat intake stayed the same. What I've noticed is I've actually gotten LEANER during the deload, which is odd because normally upping the carbs tends to accumulate a little fat/water retention with me, especially over a 2 week period like this. My strength has actually increased a little during the deload, at least for the 12-15 rep range, as that's what he teaches to do while deloading. However, I am curious to see if my strength has increased or at least maintained when I go back to the lower RELOAD rep ranges in 2 days.
    When you say you lost a bit of gain, did you mean size? Strength? Did you keep your overall cals the same, replacing protein with carbs gram for gram?
    Also Yellow, do you have any progress pics? I'd love to see how you're doing. I'm gonna post some up here soon for Ron and everyone to check out. All the praise goes to that man and his STS system.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel. View Post
    As for your Q yellow, I always pay attention to what you and coca cola have to say, as you 2 and I began our first 20 week blast almost at exactly the same time. I am currently on day 12 of 14 of my first DELOAD, so almost about to start my second reload. I noticed a fluctuation of 5 pounds during this deload, normally staying at the low end of that fluctuation. I'm not sure why because my cals stayed almost exactly the same bcause I followed Ron's rule of cutting Protein in half during deload, and replacing that with an equal amount of healthy carbs GRAM FOR GRAM. So that equals out to be the same overall cals. My fat intake stayed the same. What I've noticed is I've actually gotten LEANER during the deload, which is odd because normally upping the carbs tends to accumulate a little fat/water retention with me, especially over a 2 week period like this. My strength has actually increased a little during the deload, at least for the 12-15 rep range, as that's what he teaches to do while deloading. However, I am curious to see if my strength has increased or at least maintained when I go back to the lower RELOAD rep ranges in 2 days.
    When you say you lost a bit of gain, did you mean size? Strength? Did you keep your overall cals the same, replacing protein with carbs gram for gram?
    Also Yellow, do you have any progress pics? I'd love to see how you're doing. I'm gonna post some up here soon for Ron and everyone to check out. All the praise goes to that man and his STS system.
    Thanks for the input on your experience bro! Definitely very valuable for all of us to learn from!

I would like to ask you some questions as well, I'm guessing during your first deload phase you only used 250mg of test per week correct? Did you do one injection a week or did you split this dose into two injections?

Do you noticed any increase in acne during the second week of deload?

skeletal pump is offline New Member
    Hey ronnie great thread man. just wondering what are the best workouts in your opinion to get big and most importantly wide shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    Thanks for the input on your experience bro! Definitely very valuable for all of us to learn from!

I would like to ask you some questions as well, I'm guessing during your first deload phase you only used 250mg of test per week correct? Did you do one injection a week or did you split this dose into two injections?

Yes, my first deload I'm using 250mg/week of test-e. I opted for injecting once per week, as someone asked Ron that Q earlier on in this thread (twice vs once per week during deload), and Ron said once was sufficient. The only increased acne I noticed was very minor, and it began around week 3 of the reload, I haven't noticed any since then because I've had accutane on hand the entire time. I can't really give you a fair opinion on that one. How was your first reload Cola? Hope it's going great for you. I'd love to se some before after pics/stats of you and yellow. I'm gonna put some on soon. Cheers bud

Yes, my first deload I'm using 250mg/week of test-e. I opted for injecting once per week, as someone asked Ron that Q earlier on in this thread (twice vs once per week during deload), and Ron said once was sufficient. The only increased acne I noticed was very minor, and it began around week 3 of the reload, I haven't noticed any since then because I've had accutane on hand the entire time. I can't really give you a fair opinion on that one. How was your first reload Cola? Hope it's going great for you. I'd love to se some before after pics/stats of you and yellow. I'm gonna put some on soon. Cheers bud
    Yeah I think it was me who asked Ron about that once or twice injection thing, lol.. How was your dosing for accutane?

My first reload was pretty good even though I only use test 500mg/week, but I'm in week 7 now, and I feel crushed and so tired, and I'm not making any more significant gains, I think it could be because throughout this first phase, i've been experimenting with different kind of volumes, sometimes I went on the high end, and sometimes moderate, I have a feeling I could be reaching the point of overtraining.

After doing all those experimentation at the moment I feel that my body do best around 6-9 sets per body part per week, ronnie also told me last time that he think my body type prefers the lower range of volume.

I'm kinda in a dilemma right now, I dunno if continuing my reload to the end of the 8th week will be a productive thing to do, maybe I should just go straight to DELOAD next week, or maybe PRIME instead since Ronnie mentioned that if feeling burned out then its about time to PRIME to reset and fix everything up again.

At the moment I'm more inclined in either doing the DELOAD or PRIME next week instead of continuing my reload phase till end of 8th week. I have feeling it would be a better strategy so that when starting my Second Phase I will be in a much better shape, and also by keeping my volumes around 6-9 sets during my second phase, I should be able to go all the way to the end of the 8th week without overtraining next time.
    Last edited by Coca Cola; 06-14-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Yeah I think it was me who asked Ron about that once or twice injection thing, lol.. How was your dosing for accutane?

My first reload was pretty good even though I only use test 500mg/week, but I'm in week 7 now, and I feel crushed and so tired, and I'm not making any more significant gains, I think it could be because throughout this first phase, i've been experimenting with different kind of volumes, sometimes I went on the high end, and sometimes moderate, I have a feeling I could be reaching the point of overtraining.

After doing all those experimentation at the moment I feel that my body do best around 6-9 sets per body part per week, ronnie also told me last time that he think my body type prefers the lower range of volume.

I'm kinda in a dilemma right now, I dunno if continuing my reload to the end of the 8th week will be a productive thing to do, maybe I should just go straight to DELOAD next week, or maybe PRIME instead since Ronnie mentioned that if feeling burned out then its about time to PRIME to reset and fix everything up again.

At the moment I'm more inclined in either doing the DELOAD or PRIME next week instead of continuing my reload phase till end of 8th week. I have feeling it would be a better strategy so that when starting my Second Phase I will be in a much better shape, and also by keeping my volumes around 6-9 sets during my second phase, I should be able to go all the way to the end of the 8th week without overtraining next time.
    I run the accutane at 40mg/e3d or so. How long were you continuously training hard BEFORE you began your first reload? That could play a major role in why you feel beat down. If it were me, I'd go straight to deload if I felt that bad and not worry about doing the final week of relaod. I would deload for 2 weeks performing about 4 sets/body part (in your case) at the 12-15 rep range. Ron might have better advice, but that's my 2 cents. I have a dilemma of my own coming up, I'm going off to work way out in the bush for a week or so, and in 2 days I'm supposed to start my 2nd reload. I can't work out where I'm going, so I don't really want to start taking 750mg/test and "waste it". I'm thinking I might just deload on the 250mg/week till I get back, which would actually mean I would be deloading for 3-4 weeks. I hope that doesn't F everything up lol

How long were you continuously training hard BEFORE you began your first reload?
    I took one week off before starting the first phase to prime my body, I came in into the cycle pretty fresh, although at the beginning I was feeling overconfident and so pumped starting this new program, so I chose to do the higher end of the volume even sometimes exceeding the 12 sets limit. Now I learned that that wasn't such a good idea in the long run.. lol...

If it were me, I'd go straight to deload if I felt that bad and not worry about doing the final week of relaod. I would deload for 2 weeks performing about 4 sets/body part (in your case) at the 12-15 rep range. Ron might have better advice, but that's my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the suggestion bro! I'm considering that myself! I can't wait for this week to end, and just ease up on the workload next week.

I have a dilemma of my own coming up, I'm going off to work way out in the bush for a week or so, and in 2 days I'm supposed to start my 2nd reload. I can't work out where I'm going, so I don't really want to start taking 750mg/test and "waste it". I'm thinking I might just deload on the 250mg/week till I get back, which would actually mean I would be deloading for 3-4 weeks. I hope that doesn't F everything up lol
    That's a pretty tough situation, 3-4 weeks deload is too long I think and u might miss out on some potential gains, but then again going all out is impossible too since you're out in the bush, lol, that is a pretty shitty situation, I hate it too when I'm in the middle of a nice cycle, then had to leave overseas for work, just ruin the momentum I've got going in the beginning.. Hope Ronnie can advice you on this one.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    Ronnie, I'd like your opinion on Blood PH?

I know the slingshot diet incorporates periods of reduced protein intake (brilliant). What do you feel are some negatives of being too acidic?

I did a urine test and it was 6.o? I read 7.2-7.4 is optimal? Please advise.
    NOTE: I'll keeep this as simple as possible and it sounds like your urine test was okay but there is no one size fits all as mine was 7.0 and was still getting kidney stones! I think gallstones would have been next on my list!!!

Well, i stopped having uric acid kidney stones when I laid off the red meat/protein powder and reduce protein intake in half by for 2 week after ach 8 wee reload. Animal protein, in particular, tends to breaks down into amino acids, such as uric acid, and this encourages kidney stone formaton for some like myself. They had to blast the last one as it weas too big too pass so I know I had to make an adjustement. I have yet to have a stone since cutting back protein in half during two week deloads, and replacing protein powder/read meat with liquid egg whites. I am not going to overanalyze it I just know it's working for me and some of my other clients who were forming kidney stones and are now not. And one had issues with gallstones but not anymore!!!!!

Furthermore, calcium carbonate is deposited around your joints causing pain. I think testosterone and other steroids are being used as an escapge goat for joint pain when in reality its too much acid in the body from long term use of high protein. Losing the alkalinity of the body can corrode body tissue and bring forth damage at cellular functions, It can even cause allergies-hence acidity of the blood plasma can weaken many bodily systems. The scary one is that blood vessels can thicken and harden-hence lose their flexibility as a result of all the excess protein. In both atherosclerosis and in hypertension, there can be a hardening and loss of flexibility of the vessels.

Just as omega 3 fish oils ease joiint pain and improve blood flow blood, protein controls the reactions of inflammation, blood clotting, etc. This can stimulate the arachidonic acid present in the saturated fat of animal products high in long term protein: meat, poultry, dairy, etc. An excess of these products can promote inflammatory disorders and vascular problems. So, it's a very wise idea to give the body a break from taking in lage amounts of protein for excessive periods of times, just as its a good idea to give the body a break from high volume training, heavy lifting and using anabolics. Periodization is key!! I also believe in eating an apple and banana a day to help keep things in balance.

NOTE: THE BODY DOES A PRETTY GOOD JOB OF BALANCING ITS PH LEVELS BUT IN ORDER TO DO SO IT STEALS GLUTAMINE FROM YOUR MUSCLE TISSUE. GLUTAMINE MAKES UP AROUND HALF OF YOUR BODY'S AMINO ACID POOL, SO TIS COULD EXPLAIN HOW AFTER A WHILE OF TAKING ON TONS OF PROTEIN YOU ACTUALLY LOSE SOME MUSCLE AND GET A BIT SOFT.

Furthermore, I wil continue to purchase my protein powder off the anabolic review board but I have also learned that I do not deal well with a lot of protein powders or bars. I mae better gains using whole foods. I add 1 scoop of optiminum protein powder (cokies n cream) only to give my liquid egg whites flavor. Many products are not FDA regulated and you can never be assured of what your really getting.

Here's a consumer repsort proving my point. i think eating whole proteins keeeps acid levrels down lower as do eating a lot of green veggies throughout the day. Heres the link-http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/july/food/protein-drinks/overview/index.htm

This article appeared in
    July 2010 Consumer Reports Magazine.
    Test results
    EAS Myoplex Original Rich Dark Chocolate and Muscle Milk Chocolate and Vanilla Crème can expose users to elevated levels of heavy metals when they consume three servings a day. The promises are enticing. Whether you're looking to shed unwanted pounds, get a quick energy jolt, build muscles, or fight the aging process, protein drinks are being boosted by some supplement makers as a scientifically proven way to quickly achieve your goals.

The products, sold as ready-to-drink liquids or powders that you mix with milk, juice, or water to make shakes, attract not just athletes and body-builders but also baby boomers, pregnant women, and teenagers looking for a shortcut to a buff body.

Some ads say that protein supplements, in flavors such as strawberry and vanilla cream, can be a nutritious and time-saving snack or meal replacement.

Marketing for Energy First Pro Energy Whey Protein Isolate says the protein supplement is "ideal" for pregnant women and growing children, and also offers this promise for aging adults who use it: "You will rarely if ever be sick and you will begin to look and feel years younger."

In a testimonial for BSN Lean Dessert Protein Shake, "fitness celebrity" Jennifer Nicole Lee says, "Being a busy mom with 12-hour workdays, I rely upon my Lean Dessert Protein to get adequate amounts of protein without wasting time on creating complex meals ...."

Another product, Muscle Milk, boasts on its website: "Designed after one of nature's most balanced foods: human mother's milk ...."

But our investigation, including tests at an outside laboratory of 15 protein drinks, a review of government documents, and interviews with health and fitness experts and consumers, found most people already get enough protein, and there are far better and cheaper ways to add more if it's needed. Some protein drinks can even pose health risks, including exposure to potentially harmful heavy metals, if consumed frequently. All drinks in our tests had at least one sample containing one or more of the following contaminants: arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. Those metals can have toxic effects on several organs in the body.

NOTE: I got some nasty protein about 5 years ago with mildew in it. Come to find out they knew of the problem and sold it to everyone anyways!!!! Just be choosy and rely mostly on food. Use the protein powder to add flavor to the egg whites not as meal replacers as you will come out ahead in muscle gains. Egg whites are the perfect protein IMO! I just hope our fishing industry isn't being destroyed by the oil spill because cod and egg whites are my two staples for getting hard.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Miserable

Quote Originally Posted by 50+ View Post
    The post operation pain can greatly vary from one person to another with Hernia operations. I think mine was about as bad as it gets, I actually think the doc made some kind of mistake or putting it off for way to many years was a mistake on my part. Many people that I've spoken with about this have told me that within a few day they were back to normal. I've had some pretty serious operations through the years and the pain after my hernia operation was by far the worst. I hope for your sake that yours isn't as bad as mine was. Hope you feel better soon.
    Definetly in pain and my throat is absolutely killing me. I think they jerked the respirator out of my throat and cut it pretty bad. I CAN ONLY EAT ICE CREAM AND SUCH WHICH IS GETTING OLD AND EVEN THAT BURNS! I GO SEE THE DOC TOMMORROW TO FIND OUT WHY MY THROAT IS KILLING ME AFTER ALMOST A WEEK POST SURGERY. MY STITCHES ARE ITCHING LIKE POISON IVY. I GUESS YOU COULD SAY I AM MISERABLE ABOUT NOW!!!!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Archangel.;5221693]I wish you all the best Ronnie. My father had a hernia operation several years ago, but he waited WAY too long to have it done. He dealt with that damn hernia for 10 YEARS before having it done, and by the time he did have it done, he was in his late 60's. He was very sore for a little while, but recovered quickly and efficiently. He's now 73 and going strong! If he can recover so well at that age, I KNOW you'll be fine in no time. We miss you bud.

As for your Q yellow, I always pay attention to what you and coca cola have to say, as you 2 and I began our first 20 week blast almost at exactly the same time. I am currently on day 12 of 14 of my first DELOAD, so almost about to start my second reload. I noticed a fluctuation of 5 pounds during this deload, normally staying at the low end of that fluctuation. I'm not sure why because my cals stayed almost exactly the same bcause I followed Ron's rule of cutting Protein in half during deload, and replacing that with an equal amount of healthy carbs GRAM FOR GRAM. (JUST WATER WEIGHT)So that equals out to be the same overall cals. My fat intake stayed the same. What I've noticed is I've actually gotten LEANER during the deload, which is odd because normally upping the carbs tends to accumulate a little fat/water retention with me, especially over a 2 week period like this. (I ALWAYS GAINS SOME MASS DURING 2 WEEK DELOADS BECAUSE MY CNS RECOVERS FULLY) My strength has actually increased a little during the deload, at least for the 12-15 rep range, as that's what he teaches to do while deloading. However, I am curious to see if my strength has increased or at least maintained when I go back to the lower RELOAD rep ranges in 2 days. (IT MIGHT OR IT MIGHT TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS BUT EITHER WAY YOUR AFTER SIZE AND LONGEVITY MORE THAN STRENGTH UNLESS YOU ARE POWER-LIFTING)When you say you lost a bit of gain, did you mean size? Strength? Did you keep your overall cals the same, replacing protein with carbs gram for gram?
    Also Yellow, do you have any progress pics? I'd love to see how you're doing. I'm gonna post some up here soon for Ron and everyone to check out. All the praise goes to that man and his STS system.I'M GONNA HAVE TO POST SOME PROGRESS PICS OF MY BOYS AND MY BOSS (WIFE)...LOL..[/QUOTE]ABOVE

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by skeletal pump View Post
    Hey ronnie great thread man. just wondering what are the best workouts in your opinion to get big and most importantly wide shoulders
    FORM... FORM... FORM!!!! WAIT 2-3 MINUTES BETWEEN WORK SETS!

1: SEATED DUMBBELL PRESSES OR HAMMER STRENGTH UNI-LATERAL MACHINE PRESS FOR BUILDING FRONT AND SIDE DELTS. 4 SETS TO FAILURE BUT ONLY 3 IS NEEDED WHEN CUTTING DOWN.

2: UNI-LATERAL LEANING LATERAL RAISES SITTING ON ABOUT A 60 DEGREE INCLINE BENCH OR LEANING UNILATERAL (ONE ARM AT A TIME) LATERAL RAISES. dO THEM ONE ARM AT TIME TAKES OUT SOME OF THE TRAPS AND REALLLY TORQUES THOSE SIDE DELTOIDS THAT GIVES YOU THAT CAPPPED LOOKED. 99% OF MOST PEOPLE THROW THE WEIGHT INSTREAD OF LIFTING IT UNDER CONTROL AND WONDER WHY THEY HAVE JOINT PAIN AND LACKING SHOULDER DEVELOPMENT!?!? 4 SETS TO FAILURE BUT ONLY 3 IS NEEDED WHEN CUTTING DOWN

3: REVERSE FLYES USING A CABLE STATION. kEEP HANDS SHOULD WIDTH!
    4 SETS TO FAILURE BUT ONLY 3 IS NEEDED WHEN CUTTING DOWN

NOTE: YOU MIGHT FIND THAT ONLY 3 SETS PER EXERCISE IS ENOUGH WHILE TRYING TO GROW!

Blog Entries

With any type of hormonal fluctuations (whether it be an increase or decrease) comes a bit of acne for many.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    Day 1 begins today! Freakin stoked!!!
    Looking forward to watching you progress. Your lower abs are already freaky as all get out...lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coca cola View Post
    yeah i think it was me who asked ron about that once or twice injection thing, lol.. How was your dosing for accutane?

My first reload was pretty good even though i only use test 500mg/week, but i'm in week 7 now, and i feel crushed and so tired, and i'm not making any more significant gains, i think it could be because throughout this first phase, i've been experimenting with different kind of volumes, sometimes i went on the high end, and sometimes moderate, i have a feeling i could be reaching the point of overtraining.

After doing all those experimentation at the moment i feel that my body do best around 6-9 sets per body part per week, ronnie also told me last time that he think my body type prefers the lower range of volume.

I'm kinda in a dilemma right now, i dunno if continuing my reload to the end of the 8th week will be a productive thing to do, maybe i should just go straight to deload next week, or maybe prime instead since ronnie mentioned that if feeling burned out then its about time to prime to reset and fix everything up again.

At the moment i'm more inclined in either doing the deload or prime next week instead of continuing my reload phase till end of 8th week. I have feeling it would be a better strategy so that when starting my second phase i will be in a much better shape, and also by keeping my volumes around 6-9 sets during my second phase, i should be able to go all the way to the end of the 8th week without overtraining next time.warren branch only does 8 intense work sets for his mammoth chest. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. More is not always better! Smarter work is key!
    above

Great to see you back Ron! Hope all is well.

I asked you a Q on page 27, but I'll just repost it here, cause It's prob a pain in the ass playing catch up to all of our questions:

Hey Ron, good luck with your comp. Above in post #1059, you said this regarding PCT;

"If nolvadex is used stop hcg before using!"

I'm confused, as I thought the HCG, Nolva and Clomid of your recommended full PCT were all run CONCURRENTLY.

e.g. week 1-2 HCG
    week 1-4 Nolva
    week 1-4 Clomid

Or did you mean run the HCG for the first 2 weeks of PCT, THEN start the 4 weeks of Nolva/Clomid????

Can you please clarify this please?

Also, I'm still doing the slingshot carb-cycling, but I also just started my first deload, where as I know I'm to cut protein in half and replace with healthy carbs gram for gram. So would I still incorporate the 1 carb-up day/week I've been doing during the reload?

Also, my last test shot will fall on a wednesday, so when would I begin the HCG eod, and also the nolva ed. (I'm opting out of clomid)

Thank you SO much for everything, and I look forward to not only your answers, but also how well you did in the comp. Have a great day, Ron

p.s. Just thought you'd like to know, you were 100% right about the gyno symptoms/anti-e advice you gave me 2 months back, I didn't need the anti-e's AT ALL. I have absolutely ZERO side effects. If I had of listened to 99% of everyone else on this site I would have doubled the anti-e dosage I was taking, and still be running it. What a WASTE that would have been. Thanks again.

Also, I'm going off to work in the bush for a week, so there's NO way to work out there. This is right at the tie I'm supposed to begin my 2nd reload, SO should I just deload for one more week, making it a total of 3 weeks deloading, then hit up my reload when I return? Or what would you suggest? I just think it would be a waste to start reloading with 750mg test and not train properly, and I don't want to PCT yet, cause I'll be back in a week. Iwill however be doing some semi-intense work/cardio. I'm leaving tomorrow so I hope you see this soon, thanks

For all those that care, and as a testament to Ron's training techniques and advice, I am posting my 10 week before and after pics (halfway through 20 week blast) I utilaized Ron's carb-cycling approach during this time, and am 12 pounds heavier in the after pics and WAY stronger. Thanks for everything Ron, hope you like the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You'll want to read this!-003.jpg   You'll want to read this!-005.jpg   You'll want to read this!-dsc02216.jpg   You'll want to read this!-dsc02221.jpg   You'll want to read this!-dsc02222.jpg  

Last edited by Archangel.; 06-15-2010 at 07:22 PM.

50+
    For all those that care, and as a testament to Ron's training techniques and advice, I am posting my 10 week before and after pics (halfway through 20 week blast) I utilaized Ron's carb-cycling approach during this time, and am 12 pounds heavier in the after pics and WAY stronger. Thanks for everything Ron, hope you like the pics
    Nice progress!! I'm on my 5th week and my progress is similar to yours. After 30 years of training I've made my best gains ever with Ronnies training method. This is my 1st cycle also, I've always trained natural but I still had a decent base to start with. I wish I had taken some before pics but even without them the difference is very noticeable to me and everybody that knows me. My son keeps saying to me, damn, it looks like you've been taking roids. LOL I've told no one what I'm up to.

50+
    Definetly in pain and my throat is absolutely killing me. I think they jerked the respirator out of my throat and cut it pretty bad. I CAN ONLY EAT ICE CREAM AND SUCH WHICH IS GETTING OLD AND EVEN THAT BURNS! I GO SEE THE DOC TOMMORROW TO FIND OUT WHY MY THROAT IS KILLING ME AFTER ALMOST A WEEK POST SURGERY. MY STITCHES ARE ITCHING LIKE POISON IVY. I GUESS YOU COULD SAY I AM MISERABLE ABOUT NOW!!!!

I can't remember which operation it was but at the end of one of them I woke up from the anesthesia with the tube still in my throat. Because I was still out of it I didn't know what the fvck was going on, I thought I was drowning or something. I started flailing my arms around and when they finally noticed what had happened they yanked the tube out of my throat. Being that the damn thing is coiled it severely bruised my throat. It was very sore and uncomfortable for about 2 weeks. Hopefully yours will feel better soon! How's the pain in the area of the cut?

You had recommended that I inject 3 times a week instead of 2. Should I do less per shot to maintain the same quantity or did you mean to up the quantity. I am presently doing 200 mg. (sust.) per shot 3 times per week.

On July 2nd I'm scheduled to get an epidural to hopefully help my back pain. do I need to be concerned with going under anesthesia while on steroids ?

Thanks and hope your feeling better soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel. View Post
    great to see you back ron! Hope all is well.

I asked you a q on page 27, but i'll just repost it here, cause it's prob a pain in the ass playing catch up to all of our questions:

Hey ron, good luck with your comp. Above in post #1059, you said this regarding pct;

"if nolvadex is used stop hcg before using!"

i'm confused, as i thought the hcg, nolva and clomid of your recommended full pct were all run concurrently. (that was a mis rint due to me being low on glycogen levels for my show. Nolva and hcg are always ran together if in fact nolva is used with HCG!!!! I'm not feeling too good so i'm throwing in the towel right here for today.)

e.g. Week 1-2 hcg
    week 1-4 nolva
    week 1-4 clomid

or did you mean run the hcg for the first 2 weeks of pct, then start the 4 weeks of nolva/clomid????

Can you please clarify this please?

Also, i'm still doing the slingshot carb-cycling, but i also just started my first deload, where as i know i'm to cut protein in half and replace with healthy carbs gram for gram. So would i still incorporate the 1 carb-up day/week i've been doing during the reload? Not necessarily but I feel its a good idea.

Also, my last test shot will fall on a wednesday, so when would i begin the hcg eod, and also the nolva ed. (i'm opting out of clomid)wait about 1 week is fine.
    thank you so much for everything, and i look forward to not only your answers, but also how well you did in the comp. Have a great day, ron

p.s. Just thought you'd like to know, you were 100% right about the gyno symptoms/anti-e advice you gave me 2 months back, i didn't need the anti-e's at all. I have absolutely zero side effects. If i had of listened to 99% of everyone else on this site i would have doubled the anti-e dosage i was taking, and still be running it. What a waste that would have been. Thanks again. And that's not because I am smarter than anyone else on this board its because I have a lot more real life experience than most. 25 years worth to be exact!

Also, i'm going off to work in the bush for a week, so there's no way to work out there. This is right at the tie i'm supposed to begin my 2nd reload, so should i just deload for one more week, making it a total of 3 weeks deloading, then hit up my reload when i return? Or what would you suggest? I just think it would be a waste to start reloading with 750mg test and not train properly, and i don't want to pct yet, cause i'll be back in a week. Iwill however be doing some semi-intense work/cardio. I'm leaving tomorrow so i hope you see this soon, thanks You can wait or go ahead and do a 3 cc shot of test before you leave for the bush as you call it and by the time you get back you'll be gun ho and test will be surging.
    above

Blog Entries

Exclamation Important so please read!!!

Guys we are beating a dead horse with all the PCT questions. I think I have answered about all that can be said on that particular topic. So please, let's move on to bigger and better things.

I don't mean to be rude but I'm getting burned out with it and it's beginning to be a huge waste of time. So, let's stick to discussing things of more substance okay.

THANK YOU!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Awesome question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Muscle View Post
    I got a question for you Ron, So how does one improve lagging body parts especially legs! because you suggest straight sets and not going over 12 sets once a week for major body parts. if we train every body part in a similar fashion then how are we going to bring up the lagging parts? dont you think little extra volume or supersets or any uch things should be introduced when trying to improve lagging parts? btw i am not refering to lagging body parts due to injury or any such setbacks.
    ]. NOW THESE ARE THE KIND OF QUESTIONS WE NEED MORE OF...NO MORE PCT PLEASE!!!!) Accupunture can help nerve damage sometimes (i'll try it some this winter to see if it can improve the signal to make my legs grow again. Now my legs have improved but not what they should have. I'll show everyone pics when they get here by mail. My legs do not fire as hard or as long as they use to before by back fusions. I have lost some reflexes in my ankles and knees but they have improved immensley. I used to get foot drop real bad but thnak the good Lord that left! My physique has changed so much that the nurses and my main doctor broke down and cried when they saw me last. They couldn't not believe it!!!) I am the only person in the world to be able to work and "walk" on a bodybuilding stage after 10 major lower back operations. I have turned a disability into an ability with the help of God and hard work. I have been blessed beyond measure.

I plan to do 6 sets twice a week for my thighs as opposed to 12 sets once a week because my quads stop losing their ability to fire with full force much faster than my uninjured muscle groups. I will do one heavy session (6-8 reps) and one light sesssion (12-15 reps). I'll do 4 sets twice a week for hams and calves. If a muscle cannot be trained to failure then extra sets past 12 could help but super sets are a waste of time IMO. This is one area that DOGGCRAPP (DANTE TRUDEL) and I agree on. He believes that less sets but more frequent training sessions brings forth more growth phases. I agree with him on this point regarding my legs and also in using this method to break training plateaus but 99% of all bodybuilders train each muscle group only once a week as a baseline for a reason-it's the most productive way to train as it provides better recovery, pumps, etc. However,everyone should train each muscle twice a week from time to time for 10 week phases to shock the muscles.
    [/B]

Blog Entries
    Honestly, you don't even look like the same person. You can brag on yourself now. Just don't get the bighead..lol

chrisx is offline New Member

Creatine?

Hey Ronnie is it ok to take Creatine while blasting?? I'm all natural now but I seem to get good results with NO xplode and Cellmass which is why I'm asking. Sorry if you have already covered this but I have read every post up to p. 13 and have yet to run into it. Thanx bro your the damn best for helping us all out
    Last edited by chrisx; 06-16-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Damn good!

Damn Arch congrats on your newfound mass! Which cycle did you run and was it your first? I will be starting my first soon and am a litlle nervous about getting started it's good to see what I can look forward to if I do things right. Again bro good job

Ron if you don't mind confirming a source I tried to pm you with no avail it will be my first cycle so just want to make sure the stuff is legit if not I understand

Arch what's your back routine like?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBman View Post
    Ronnie,

thank you for all of your help and advice! I just recently got some HCG to run with my cycle you critiqued on page 20 or so.

My question is where should I add the HCG in the blast, how long, and how much??I would only run HCG during reloads if you wanted to keep ball size. 250 twice a week or 500 once a week is good. Here is the cycle example:

First Blast

Second Blast
    wks 11-18: 500mg Test E (need d-bol here as well)

PCT
    Nolva 50/50/25/25

Where does the HCG come into play?? should I drop the clomid if i run HCG? I woud run clomid first 2 weeks and not use clomid but since you already have clomid might as well go ahead and use it up ifyou don't become an emotional wreck.

Also, would it make a difference if I kickstarted my cycle with Dbol for the FIRST 4 wks rather add for the second reload?You need to run d-bol 8 weeks to make maximum gains not 4!

Thank you very much!!

Doc
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBman View Post
    Ronnie,

My question is where should I add the HCG in the blast, how long, and how much??I would only run HCG during reloads if you wanted to keep ball size. 250 twice a week or 500 once a week is good. Many just use it post tehir 20 week cycle or so.Here is the cycle example:

First Blast

Second Blast
    wks 11-18: 500mg Test E (need d-bol here as well)

PCT
    Nolva 50/50/25/25

Where does the HCG come into play?? should I drop the clomid if i run HCG? I woud run clomid first 2 weeks and not use clomid but since you already have clomid might as well go ahead and use it up ifyou don't become an emotional wreck.

Also, would it make a difference if I kickstarted my cycle with Dbol for the FIRST 4 wks rather add for the second reload?You need to run d-bol 8 weeks to make maximum gains not 4!

Thank you very much!!

Doc
    above

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Ron if you don't mind confirming a source I tried to pm you with no avail it will be my first cycle so just want to make sure the stuff is legit if not I understand
    please re-send me a pm I did not get it!

Thumbs up

Thats an awesome progress!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=50+;5224260]I can't remember which operation it was but at the end of one of them I woke up from the anesthesia with the tube still in my throat. Because I was still out of it I didn't know what the fvck was going on, I thought I was drowning or something. I started flailing my arms around and when they finally noticed what had happened they yanked the tube out of my throat. Being that the damn thing is coiled it severely bruised my throat. It was very sore and uncomfortable for about 2 weeks. Hopefully yours will feel better soon! How's the pain in the area of the cut?
    Quote Originally Posted by 50+ View Post
    I can't remember which operation it was but at the end of one of them I woke up from the anesthesia with the tube still in my throat. Because I was still out of it I didn't know what the fvck was going on, I thought I was drowning or something. I started flailing my arms around and when they finally noticed what had happened they yanked the tube out of my throat. Being that the damn thing is coiled it severely bruised my throat. It was very sore and uncomfortable for about 2 weeks. Hopefully yours will feel better soon! How's the pain in the area of the cut? My throat hurts where it is cut and my wife just took my temp and it was 100 after taking 3 tylenol so it appears I have caught strep throat which is adding on to the throat pain. The incision of the hernia itches and is sore because I had an allergic reaction to the tape. I'll be glad when this is over with. The worst pain was during the first 3 days post surgery. Everytime I went to piss it was like I was being shot with a automatic nail gun in my abs, balls and dick all at once. It was like peeing on an electric fence!!! That was some serious pain right there and the doctor gave me no warning whatsover. I told her today-"[U]THANKS A LOT FOR THE WARNING DOC!" [/U]You had recommended that I inject 3 times a week instead of 2. Should I do less per shot to maintain the same quantity or did you mean to up the quantity. I am presently doing 200 mg. (sust.) per shot 3 times per week. I THINK 200 MGS 3 TIMES PER WEEK IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE.
    On July 2nd I'm scheduled to get an epidural to hopefully help my back pain. do I need to be concerned with going under anesthesia while on steroids ? THEY GENERALLY GIVE YOU A SHOT OF BLOOD THINNER NOW BEFORE GOING UNDER BUT GIVING BLOOD AT THE LOCAL BLOOD BANK TO THIN OUT BLOOD A WEEK PRIOR IS A GOOD STRATEGY.
    Thanks and hope your feeling better soon.
    ABOVE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    hey ronnie is it ok to take creatine while blasting?? yes you can use creatine but it's not needed if taking steroids as cp levels are pretty much maxed out at that point i'm all natural now but i seem to get good results with no xplode and cellmass which is why i'm asking. Sorry if you have already covered this but i have read every post up to p. 13 and have yet to run into it. Thanx bro your the damn best for helping us all out
    above

Thread Information