Page 24 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

[QUOTE=Archangel.;5188847][QUOTE=Ronnie Rowland;5188586]
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel. View Post

I'm 185 lbs @ 5'7. Here's a pic of me from a couple weeks before my 20 week blast (which is also my first cycle ever) I think I'm around 15%, what do you think?
    I think you are good with 250-300 grams of protein per day at 185 lbs. KEEP UP THE NICE WORK!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc2005 View Post
    what do you recommend my first cycle look like?

Stats:
    23yrs old
    5'8
    152pds
    15% bodyfat
    3,150 calories just to maintain (physical job)

and in addition to the cycle you recommend what should i take for pct? first time cycle is always 500 mgs of test e or c per week and the pct has been stated over and over again in this thread. You need to read this entire thread before cycling!
    also, should i take letro 2 weeks in advance of cycle to prevent gyno from occuring? The estrogen rebound from front loading letro may cause gyno, so the answer is a big-no!!!
    thanx for your expert advice in advance!
    above

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Ron

How do someone knows if they have reached their maximum genetic potential?

During deloads is it better to maintain twice a week injection but at 125mg, or just do 250mg once a week is fine? Which one do you prefer?

With dumbbell lateral raises, and rear dumbbell lateral raises, is it better to stick to 8-10 rep range, or higher rep such as 12-15 is better?
    Last edited by Coca Cola; 05-19-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Additional Question

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    does this also apply to triceps? yes! It applies to all muscles groups.i have very long limbs, so i need to build more mass than shorter limbed guys to look the same kind of build. Does that make sense? yes
    anyway, my triceps are ok at the top of my arm, but closer to my elbow there does'nt seem to be much muscle to build. Any tips you could give me ronnie to add mass to this area would be great. What does seem to give me a pump to the little bit of muscle i have i there are skull crushers, but i never really seem to grow from them. i'm sorry, but there's nothing special you can do but skull crushers and tricep pushowns can't be beat for building the overall mass of the triceps.
    many thanks.
    Thanks for the reply Ronnie,
    There are a few different substances that I can get hold of, i'm just struggling to get hold of trenbolone at the moment. Can you give me some choices of what you would consider to be a good substitue for trenbolone, to use with test 400 and winstrol ? It would also be great if you could list in some kind of order from best to worst alternative so I know what to look out for. Please also consider that this will be a cutting reload.
    Kindest regards.

Archangel. is offline Banned
    Ron, when you "examine" yourself for gyno, how do you know if it's little gyno lumps your feeling or just plain old chest fat accumulated around the lower chest/nipple area??

Dave852001 is offline New Member
    Hello im looking to try steroids for the the first time, I do have a regular work out. What im looking for is to bulk out a little and have sharp muscles...
    What would be the best TABLET steroid for me to take as i have seen so many types listed and where can i get these from.

A link on where to buy these would be great.

Dave852001 is offline New Member
    Hello im looking to try steroids for the the first time, I do have a regular work out. What im looking for is to bulk out a little and have sharp muscles...
    What would be the best TABLET steroid for me to take as i have seen so many types listed and where can i get these from.

A link on where to buy these would be great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    Ron

How do someone knows if they have reached their maximum genetic potential? I do not think it's possible to tell because more drugs and food could always be ingested.
    During deloads is it better to maintain twice a week injection but at 125mg, or just do 250mg once a week is fine? Which one do you prefer? Once a week
    With dumbbell lateral raises, and rear dumbbell lateral raises, is it better to stick to 8-10 rep range, or higher rep such as 12-15 is better?12-15
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1111 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Ronnie,
    There are a few different substances that I can get hold of, i'm just struggling to get hold of trenbolone at the moment. Can you give me some choices of what you would consider to be a good substitue for trenbolone, to use with test 400 and winstrol ? It would also be great if you could list in some kind of order from best to worst alternative so I know what to look out for. There's no specific order as everyone reacts differently to each drug. With test/winstrol I would use 3-400 mgs of deca along side to keep joints healthy. Winstrol can be hard on the joints!Please also consider that this will be a cutting reload.
    Kindest regards.
    above

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Archangel.;5190167]Ron, when you "examine" yourself for gyno, how do you know if it's little gyno lumps your feeling or just plain old chest fat accumulated around the lower chest/nipple area??If you get gyno you wil know it as gyno lumps are quite painful.[/QUOTE]above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dave852001 View Post
    hello im looking to try steroids for the the first time, i do have a regular work out. What im looking for is to bulk out a little and have sharp muscles...
    What would be the best tablet steroid for me to take as i have seen so many types listed winstrol and where can i get these from.

A link on where to buy these would be great.you are not allowed to ask this question on open forum!
    above

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    hi ronnie, what do you make of dorian yates' 2 day on 1 day off approach for a training week. this would allow each muscle group to be worked once every 6 days, i prefer to train triceps, calves and abs twice a week but i was wondering what your take on it is. also he only does one set til failure and the rest just short of it as warm up sets. thanks for your input ronnie.

[QUOTE=Ronnie Rowland;5192162]
    Ron, when you "examine" yourself for gyno, how do you know if it's little gyno lumps your feeling or just plain old chest fat accumulated around the lower chest/nipple area??If you get gyno you wil know it as gyno lumps are quite painful.[/QUOTE]above
    Thank you, I guess I'm just still a little too fat lol

asto_86 is offline New Member
    Hi Ronnie! Great thread!
    So I have decided to cross over from PH's to injecting.

Current stats:
    weight:175-180
    height: 5'10"
    bf%: 10 +-2%

So after reading a majority of this thread I'd like a critique on what I plan to use based on sts

arimidex : .25mg eod for weeks 1-20 (am prone to gyno, have had puffy nips since puberty).. not sure if I run it all 20 weeks..

Reload 1:
    Test E: 500mg/week

Deload 1
    Test E: 250mg/week

Reload 2
    Dbol : 20mg weeks 1-4
    Winny: 60mg weeks 5-8

Deload 2
    END OF ARIMIDEX

Reload 3 = PCT
    HCG : 2500iu per week for 2 weeks
    Clomid 50mg/2x's ed for 4 weeks
    Nolva: 20mg/ed for 4 weeks

I think ive got it pretty close, just want to make sure.

Really appreciate all the help you given out in this thread!!

I attached a pdf to make it more clear if my words are confusing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by asto_86; 05-21-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    hi ronnie, what do you make of dorian yates' 2 day on 1 day off approach for a training week. i think it's fine and you might want to try 2 on/1 off 2 on/2 off as well. This would allow each muscle group to be worked once every 6 days, i prefer to train triceps, calves and abs twice a week but i was wondering what your take on it is. Also he only does one set til failure and the rest just short of it as warm up sets. Thanks for your input ronnie.warm up and take all sets too good failure. Dorina went beyond failure much of the time and his form was subpar imo
    above

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    thanks for all your input ronnie, im honestly sorry for bothering you with all these queries but your advice does really help. one thing that really puzzles me is the debate about 500+ grams of protein a day. i weigh 266 so i should be having 400g but ive been recently taking in 600g, i remember reading a piece in dave palumbos q & a and he said that he also experimented with the idea as did alot of pros in his era but he came to the conclusion that anything above 500g was going to waste unless the individuals weight is extremely high. after doing research i did agree with him but i read about kai greene having approx. 700 or 800g of protein likewise derek poundstone and i know that off season kai greene weighs around 350 pounds. all 600g did for me was cause serious stomach upsets. i think that calories are more important when protein hits about 500g. what do you think? thanks again.

Ron, I know from studying this thread what your recommended PCT is, BUT my question is; what is the MINIMUM amount of HCG I could take after 2 reloads and 2 deloads (20 week blast)? I know in your recommended PCT it's 2500iu eod, but could I go 2500iu e3d? Or 1500iu eod? What do you think? I plan to do the 4 weeks of PCT then an additional 2 weeks off, then start my next reload. My main concern is I want to remain fertile, as I might want another child in the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    Hi Ronnie! Great thread!
    So I have decided to cross over from PH's to injecting.

Current stats:
    weight:175-180
    height: 5'10"
    bf%: 10 +-2%

So after reading a majority of this thread I'd like a critique on what I plan to use based on sts

arimidex : .25mg eod for weeks 1-20 (am prone to gyno, have had puffy nips since puberty).. not sure if I run it all 20 weeks.. I would not run arimidex until the start of week 3 so estrogen levels will elevate higher and increase androgen receptor site activty-"look at it as front loading with extra estrogen for a better response upfront!"
    Reload 1:

Deload 1

Reload 2
    Dbol : 20mg weeks 1-4 ( I would stay with 25-50 mgs of d-bol through week 1-8 and not use winstrol during the second reload as it takes around 8 weeks to notice the full strength/muscle building benefits of d-bol.)
    Winny: 60mg weeks 5-8 ( Drop this compound until a later reload as d-bol will build more mass than winstrol)Deload 2

END OF ARIMIDEX

Reload 3 = PCT
    HCG : 2500iu per week for 2 weeks
    Clomid 50mg/2x's ed for 4 weeks
    Nolva: 20mg/ed for 4 weeks (LOOKS OKAY!)

I think ive got it pretty close, just want to make sure.

Really appreciate all the help you given out in this thread!!

I attached a pdf to make it more clear if my words are confusing
    above

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by archangel. View Post
    ron, i know from studying this thread what your recommended pct is, but my question is; what is the minimum amount of hcg i could take after 2 reloads and 2 deloads (20 week blast)? honestly, some people require none whatsoever but i don't recommend taking that chance! i know in your recommended pct it's 2500iu eod, but could i go 2500iu e3d? yes or 1500iu eod?yes what do you think? either can work well as many plans work efficiently when it comes to pct i plan to do the 4 weeks of pct then an additional 2 weeks off, then start my next reload. My main concern is i want to remain fertile, as i might want another child in the future. in your case, a good plan of attack would be to take a break from all anabolics for 8-10 weeks after each 20 week slingshot cycle
    above

Blog Entries

Smile My book

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    Ronnie i remember reading something you wrote and you mentioned an aas book that you own, it was something something edition

do you have the name of the book?

Thanks

MaNiCC
    Here's the latest on my book. McGrawHill was the orignal publisher interested in publishing Slingshot Training. Everything was in line until they got rid of the guy my agent and I was working with and decided not to publish anymore hardcore bodybuilding books due to the decline of the economy.

Robert Kennedy has my proposal and has called my house twice. Due to getting ready for this show in 2 weeks I have been unable to get back in touch with him. I think he would be a good candidate for publishing my manuscript. I wasted a lot of time with the other publisher so I plan to not waste a lot more. If all else fails, I will publish the book myself as I am running out of patience but either way I am going to get the book out for everyone as it really puts things in perspective.

Thank for asking!

asto_86 is offline New Member
    above
    Awesome! thanks ronnie!

The only reason I was considering winny at the end of my 2nd reload was I was trying to keep as much water out of play as possible.
    Do you think diet is more of a factor in this sense than what drug one is using?

When you say take 8-10 weeks off betwenn blasts, does that INCLUDE the 4 weeks of PCT, so it would go:

weeks 21/22/23/24=PCT
    weeks 25/26/27/28=No AAS/No PCT (assuming an 8 week break)

OR

weeks 21/22/23/24=PCT
    weeks 25/26/27/28/29/30/31/32=No AAS/No PCT (assuming an 8 week break)

I just want to be very clear on this. From what I think I remember reading earlier in this thread, I think you mean the former, but you tell me.

Also, how should I adjust my training, and most importantly my diet during PCT as well as the time off. My goal would be to try to not lose what I've gained. I'm cutting now, but I'm thinking I should stop that during PCT and increase Macros slightly so I don't catabolize. Could you please instruct me on what I should do during these times, thank you

Ronnie

When I first starting out the bodybuilding lifestyle, I used to try out all kind of supplements, thinking that they will get me big and ripped, but then I realize what matter is training and diet (and steroids .. lol).. Now I consider most of supps are just a total waste of money.

Currently I don't use a lot of supps, in the morning I usually take ACES vitamins consist of (25000iu of beta-carotene, 500mg vit-c, 400iu vit-e, and 100mcg of selenium) with some B-Complex vitamin, then on the evening I add some extra 500 mg of vit-c and some more B-Complex vitamin, so that's a total of 1000mg of vit-c per day (is that enough? I used to take 3000mg per day, but I'm not sure it was necessary to take that much and I don't notice anything different anyway, so I dropped it down to just 1000mg/day). On top of that I also take whey protein, and that's about it for the supplements that I used regularly.

Do you think what I'm taking is sufficient? Are there any other things you would add to that list that you think is pretty crucial? I don't really wanna waste money on things that are not really necessary, I rather allocate my funding to food and steroids.

What about you yourself? Can you list down what kind of supplements you use? I hope its not a long list..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    Awesome! thanks ronnie!

The only reason I was considering winny at the end of my 2nd reload was I was trying to keep as much water out of play as possible.
    Do you think diet is more of a factor in this sense than what drug one is using?
    It's really both diet and steroids . The body eventually adjust pretty good to the extra water retention caused by aromatizing steroids (IT TRIES TO REACH HOMEOSTASIS) and since you are using a-dex eod it will really adjust.

Winstrol actually dries one out but again, if you are taking in a lot of carbs and/or calories you are going to hold water on winstol or might I say body fat! People often claim to be holding water when it's really just body fat. If you bump up a-dex to 1 mg ed during last 4 weeks you should be dry regardless of what compound you use and letro is even more effective. It's best to run d-bol for a reload then run winstrol for a reload but if you need to be really dry during the last 4 weeks you can switch over to winstrol. If you are holding body fat it won't make as much of a difference as you think and some do not hold much water on d-bol to any noticeable degree. You won't know for sure until you see how you react!

Blog Entries
    When you say take 8-10 weeks off betwenn blasts, does that INCLUDE the 4 weeks of PCT, so it would go:

weeks 21/22/23/24=PCT
    weeks 25/26/27/28=No AAS/No PCT (assuming an 8 week break)

OR

weeks 21/22/23/24=PCT
    weeks 25/26/27/28/29/30/31/32=No AAS/No PCT (assuming an 8 week break) The above version can work but to be on the safe-side go with this one
    I just want to be very clear on this. From what I think I remember reading earlier in this thread, I think you mean the former, but you tell me.

would rAlso, how should I adjust my training, and most importantly my diet during PCT as well as the time off. Decrease daily calories by 500 per day by way of carbs and/orf ats and reduce sets by 2-4 per body part .My go would reduce al would be to try to not lose what I've gained. I'm cutting now, but I'm thinking I should stop that during PCT and increase Macros slightly so I don't catabolize. Could you please instruct me on what I should do during these times, thank you
    above

ronnie...this thread just keeps getting.... better....better!!! a few question....why does tren -e decrease odds of getting the nasty tren cough in comparison to tren-a?

ronnie..this makes no sense..please explain...why do so many people say to stop using test-e 4 weeks out from a show.... if the active life is only 7-8 days??? wouldnt keeping in test-e until 10-14 days out help preserve muscle... and still give ample time for water to be gone bye bye???? kinda confused bigron!

ronnie...how much faster does test propionate kick in than test enanthate ???some on this site are saying it takes up to 3 weeks before test-e to kick in.. while prop takes only a day???correct???

ronnie....wouldn't it be counter productive to do a massive shit load before pre-judging??? would not this cause a distented belly?????

one last question bigron...is it growth hormone ..insulin ..eating tons of food..that causes the distented gut of most heavy weights these days..and do you prefer this look or the 80's look???

Ronnie

When I first starting out the bodybuilding lifestyle, I used to try out all kind of supplements, thinking that they will get me big and ripped, but then I realize what matter is training and diet (and steroids .. lol).. Now I consider most of supps are just a total waste of money.

Currently I don't use a lot of supps, in the morning I usually take ACES vitamins consist of (25000iu of beta-carotene, 500mg vit-c, 400iu vit-e, and 100mcg of selenium) with some B-Complex vitamin, then on the evening I add some extra 500 mg of vit-c and some more B-Complex vitamin, so that's a total of 1000mg of vit-c per day (is that enough? I used to take 3000mg per day, but I'm not sure it was necessary to take that much and I don't notice anything different anyway, so I dropped it down to just 1000mg/day). On top of that I also take whey protein, and that's about it for the supplements that I used regularly.

Do you think what I'm taking is sufficient? Are there any other things you would add to that list that you think is pretty crucial? I don't really wanna waste money on things that are not really necessary, I rather allocate my funding to food and steroids.

What about you yourself? Can you list down what kind of supplements you use? I hope its not a long list..
    bump for ronnies answer about his supplement usage!!!

Blog Entries
    Ronnie

What about you yourself? Can you list down what kind of supplements you use? I hope its not a long list.. In all honesty, supplements have never done me any good. However, I do take 2 fish oil capsules daily and 1 cosamine-ds (chondrointon/glucosamine supplement). I will also mix one scoop of optimum nutrition whey isolate protein powder (cookies n cream flavor) in my liquid egg whites just for increasing the flavor.
    above

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=VASCULAR VINCE;5194755]ronnie...this thread just keeps getting.... better....better!!! a few question....why does tren -e decrease odds of getting the nasty tren cough in comparison to tren-a? I think tren enanthate is mostly made from powder where as tren ace is often made from pellets. I have seen a strong correlation for pellets causing tren cough upon injecting and increasing breathing difficulty more so then tren enanthate when doing cardio. Also, I think tren enanthate increases prostaglandins less and this helps with breathing. Glute shots with tren ace also have a tendecy to cause severe tren cough where as upper body injections lessen it to a large degree in many cases.. QUOTE]above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    ronnie..this makes no sense..please explain...why do so many people say to stop using test-e 4 weeks out from a show....It's because their logic is misconscrewed somewhat! They often switch over to test prop doing frequent painful injections, thinking it will somehow cause less water retention but that's not the case! Test is test! if the active life is only 7-8 days??? wouldnt keeping in test-e until 10-14 days out help preserve muscle...I would think the smartest bodybuilders would. Why remove the very compound so early in the prep that made you big/hard to begin with!? and still give ample time for water to be gone bye bye???? kinda confused bigron! Test Enanthate has an active life of 8 days so the water bloat will begin to leave starting day nine. Test prop has an active life of 2 days so the water bloat will begin to leave by day 3. So, it makes no difference which test you use before a show given you stop it soon enough to allow water retention to subside. Also, when using letro at 2.5 mgs per day there would be little to no water retention to begin with as the letro basically turns all forms of test into a non-aromatizing steroid.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vascular vince View Post
    ronnie...how much faster does test propionate kick in than test enanthate ???i think you are confused my friend. Test prop actually kicks in slower than test enanthate not the other way around. What prop does is clear your system sooner but it kicks in slower than enanthate. some on this site are saying it takes up to 3 weeks before test-e to kick in.. Not true! But, it can take that long for some to begin feeling the full-effects while prop takes only a day???correct???
    Testosterone propionate : Maximal testosterone levels in the supraphysiological range where seen 14 hours after injection!

Test enanthate or cypionate : Maximal range where seen "only" 10 hours after injection!

Reference from the book Testosterone Action Deficiency Substitution 2nd edition, Chapter 11 Comparative pharmacokinetics of testosterone esters page 333 and page 335.
    above

Blog Entries
    ronnie....wouldn't it be counter productive to do a massive shit load before pre-judging??? would not this cause a distented belly?????
    Only a small one is best for most people because a lot of food is going to cause your belly to swell.

Blog Entries
    ronnie....wouldn't it be counter productive to do a massive shit load before pre-judging??? would not this cause a distented belly?????Only one small sized load is best for most people because a lot of food is going to cause their belly to swell.
    above

Blog Entries
    one last question bigron...is it growth hormone..insulin..eating tons of food..that causes the distented gut of most heavy weights these days..and do you prefer this look or the 80's look???
    All of the above in the following order:

1) Overeating- as it permanently stretches out the fascia in the stomach-hence causing the abs to become permanently separated. Only a plastic surgeon can fix this problem once it occurs.

2) Insulin

3) GH

NOTE: The bodybuilder's of the 1980's looked much better in my opinion. Today's over sized legs and distended guts is not appealing too me. It takes away from the upper body (beach muscles) that attracted most of us to the sport to begin with.

I do take 2 fish oil capsules daily and 1 cosamine-ds (chondrointon/glucosamine supplement).
    Wow, thats a really short list.. That's all you take? Just fish oil and joint supps? Not even vitamins?

I will also mix one scoop of optimum nutrition whey isolate protein powder (cookies n cream flavor) in my liquid egg whites just for increasing the flavor.
    This is interesting.. How do you eat your liquid egg whites btw? Is it raw and just mixed it with the whey? Or you mixed them up then cooked it?

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Google: EggwhitesInternational. Liquid Pasteurized Egg Whites are completely safe to eat uncooked. Cooking them actually denatures the protein, so you don't get as much per dose.

This is interesting.. How do you eat your liquid egg whites btw? Is it raw and just mixed it with the whey? Or you mixed them up then cooked it?

Thread Information