Page 19 of 138 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    yes hit each muscle twice a week when a major plateau occurs from training each muscle once a week.

Ever wonder why some people who have been training each muscle group once a week with volume for a very long time can change over to a lower volume routine like dc training that hits the muscles twice a week and they make some additional gains? I have learned it's not the rest-pause training,etc. What's really going on is that you are now doing less volume and hitting each muscle with more frequency (twice a week)!

This kind of training is good to do on occasion once staleness occurs but it's not the best way to train for the long haul. Training each muscle once a week while using the slingshot approach is superior as a baseline but twice a week muscle group training (for example 3-6 sets done twice per week (totalling 6-12 sets total per week for each muscle) using the slingshot approach should be a part of everyone's plan.
    lmao ronnie..some muscle mags are now starting to copy your ideas...you da man...

YoungBuck024 is offline New Member
    hey Ronnie i came to you a while back to help set up a ph cycle and pct. i need ur help once again becuase ur advices are solid. The too compuonds i will be using is supertest 400 and deca 300. Im not quite sure how many mg i should run a week. Any help u can give me about the cycle and pct will be appreciated .

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Hello Ron, I have read every post on this thread and have followed this thread now for about the last 6 month. I have found the advise you give is invaluable and full credit to you for making the time to answer everyones questions.
    I have been on several cycles over the last couple of years and have never really been satisfied until I tried your Slingshot system. I've been using slingshot now for several months, to be exact, i'm on my 3rd reload. What I mean is: 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off and now back on for 8 weeks. I'm now 3 weeks into my 3rd reload which I plan to run for 5 more weeks, 8 weeks in total. This will mean that with 3 reloads and 2 deloads, the cycle has lasted for a total of 28 weeks (phew that took some typing).
    My question to you is: How much longer can I continue to reload and deload? or, should I come off after this current reload for a while? and if so, for how long?
    Something else I should perhaps mention is I am 40 years old and the only bad side effects I've had is back acne.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    since you said run the test @ 750mg + wouldent that make more sides when running tren ? its to my impression that you should run test lower than tren to let the tren do the work? plus it reduces sides iv heard. It all depends on the person and their goals. If you are wanting to stay harder and not use anti-es, then it can be a good idea to run only 500 mgs of test and just increase tren or add in another compound like winstrol during second 8 week reload. As far as more side effects with larger dosages of test while running tren, it can in some people but you will gain more mass using more test along with the tren. It can be a trade off-hence everyone needs to find their sweet spot as it varies amongst different individuals.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coca cola View Post
    so when we're taking exogenous hgh, it will shutdown our natural gh production regardless of the time its taken, just like how test is... of course it will, just as taking t-3 will stop natural t-3 production after about a week.
    ok, so now that brings me to the next questions, how do we recover our natural gh production after being shutdown? it comes back naturally without any form of pct or supplements.is there any certain substance we have to take?
    Or will it recover by itself?
    How long will it take to recover? i say around 1 week max to get back to normal to be safe

what do you think of dumbbell pullover ronnie? Is it a good chest exercise? No, it's a good lat/serratus exercise but hard on the rotator cuffs. Is it necessary to include in chest day? No how many sets and reps? i would only do 2 sets of bent arm pullovers at the end of back day if you choose to do them. 10-15 reps is best
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    lmao ronnie..some muscle mags are now starting to copy your ideas...you da man...
    I can see that! A lot of people are catching on to the fact Slingshot Training makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Hi ron...

First of all, I want to thank you for your guidance, help, and explanation before.

You're so damn great, ron...
    I used this slingshot for my previous 10 weeks p-plex cycle (kickstarted with 3 weeks of m-drol) with great result.

I started my first injectable cycle on April 11, 2010. (Typo, should be : April 04, 2010)
    I was nervous and shaking like a bitch when doing first time injection LOL... I did it by myself in my right ventro-gluteal. Luckily, everything went well. There was only small pain when the needle was going in. I aspirated, there were small bubbles in the syringe (no blood) then I pushed the plunger slowly (about 40 seconds for 1ml testosterone enanthate ). try pec injections with 22 gauge 1 inch needle. Easier to reach and less painful!
    Today is my second injection, I hope everything goes well...

Here is my cycle layout :
    Week 1-4: 30mg dbol per day
    Week 1-8: 500mg Test Enanthate per week (twice shot EW)
    Week 9-10: 250mg Test Enanthate per week (twice shot EW)

Week 11-13: 10mg M1T per day
    Week 11-18: 500mg Test Enanthate per week (twice shot EW)
    Week 11-18: 60mg Propadrol per day (2 caps)
    Week 19-20: 250mg Test Enanthate per week (twice shot EW)

NB: I use HCG 500IU per week (twice shot) during week 2-21.
    Then do PCT for 4 weeks consists of clomid & nolva.

I would ask some question about HCG, ron. I am going to use 250IU 2x per week on tuesday and friday during week 2-21 (for 20 weeks length). Could that long usage of HCG damage or desenzitize my leydig cells? There are quite a few people who do it with no problems so i think you will be okay.

I bought 4 vial of 5000IU HCG and 1 vial of sterile water containing 20ml.
    I store my HCG vial in fridge. How long can I use the HCG after being reconstituted?
    I am planning to use 1 vial for about 30 days. Is it OK? i would have went with bactosteriactic water as some do not like to keep it for longer than a week in the fridge when mixed with sterile water due to the possibilty of bacteria setting up.Does HCG lose its potency after for 30 days? I think it could lose a small amount of potency but it's the bacteria build up that should concern you!

I have been searching that HCG can last for 30-60days after being reconstituted. Does the potency lost depend on the brand of HCG?
    BTW, mine is made in japan. I can't read the japanese characters/letters.
    I think it's intervet (not human pharmaceutical grade). I think all brands pretty much last the same.
    Many thanks ron....
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1111 View Post
    hello ron, i have read every post on this thread and have followed this thread now for about the last 6 month. I have found the advise you give is invaluable and full credit to you for making the time to answer everyones questions.
    I have been on several cycles over the last couple of years and have never really been satisfied until i tried your slingshot system. I've been using slingshot now for several months, to be exact, i'm on my 3rd reload. What i mean is: 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off and now back on for 8 weeks. I'm now 3 weeks into my 3rd reload which i plan to run for 5 more weeks, 8 weeks in total. This will mean that with 3 reloads and 2 deloads, the cycle has lasted for a total of 28 weeks (phew that took some typing).
    My question to you is: How much longer can i continue to reload and deload? Or, should i come off after this current reload for a while? And if so, for how long? you can continue to reload and deload until you get burned out. If you feel as if though you are plateauing i would switch over to training each muscle group twice a week for 10 week training phase (1- 8 week reload and 1-2 week deload)
    something else i should perhaps mention is i am 40 years old and the only bad side effects i've had is back acne. great! The tanning bed can help that!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck024 View Post
    hey ronnie i came to you a while back to help set up a ph cycle and pct. I need ur help once again becuase ur advices are solid. The too compuonds i will be using is supertest 400 and deca 300. Im not quite sure how many mg i should run a week. Any help u can give me about the cycle and pct will be appreciated .
    is this supertest 400 you are goinng to take the pro-hormone or real steroid version?

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Ronnie

I was experimenting with some calculation on Roidcalc dot com, what do you think of it? is it accurate enough tool to rely on?

For example if I do a 20 weeks slingshot cycle with Test E ONLY:
    Week 1-8 = 500mg
    Week 9-10 = 250mg
    Week 11-18 = 500mg
    Week 19-20 = 250mg

According to the calculator when I start PCT at week 21 the total level of mg/day (including the ester weight, not just the active) is 208 mg/day, this means that if I start PCT on week 21, then my body will actually start recovery on start of week 22 where the level drops to 79 mg/day, because the level during week 21 is still too high, is this correct?

If I add 300mg of deca into the stack for the second reload as another example:

Week 1-8 = 500mg TE
    Week 9-10 = 250mg TE
    Week 11-18 = 500mg TE + 300mg Deca
    Week 19-20 = 250mg TE

According to the calculator the level of mg/day on start of week 21 is still 292 mg/day, and even at week 22 the level is still 121 mg/day, which I believe is also still too high and suppressive in order for recovery to commence, so does this mean that in this particular case where both test and deca are involved, I have to postpone PCT for another week, start full pct at week 22 instead of week 21, so that during the second week of PCT (week 23) the level will be low enough for recovery to occur?

bulkomaniac is offline New Member
    Hello Ronnie,
    And the rest.....hope alls well!
    I am presently on clen and T3.....I really need further help guys....Any information will be really appreciated.
    I recently started a cycle of Clen and T3. Been 2 weeks now. I never tried anything close to steroids earlier ever. I am 32 yrs old, male and into fitness.
    I have been really wanting to lean down and accelerate muscle size. Can you please suggest a non test based steroid ? its just that the whole concept of "bitch tits" really scares me....i wouldnt want to start anything that kind and keep worrying how my chest will turn out to be !
    At the moment heres my input
    im 5.11"
    250 lbs
    bench press (3 rep max) - 250 lbs
    squat (") - 260 lbs
    I am decently strong, but my body fat% is 28!
    Would you suggest Anavar ? Please help me out guys. I dont even know where to post exactly, im still a bit confused as I just joined in.

My diet is about 1000gms of boiled chicken and veggies through the day in 5 meals. I do cheat once in a while with a scoop of ice cream here n there...maybe once a month.
    Please help me out.

above
    Hello again Ronnie, Many thanks for your answers. As I mentioned earlier, i'm now 40 years old, do you think cycling at this age is an issue? You also say it should be ok to continue until i'm "burned out". This may sound like a silly question but whats your definition of being burned out? I ask this because I do sometimes feel tired but put this down to age more than cycling, but just wondered what you think. I'm now on my 3rd reload and have increased dosages on each reload. I'm now on 400mg of test blend and 150mg of trenbolone every other day. This is a total of around 1500mg of test and 560mg of tren per week. Would I need to increase this if I decide to continue with a 4th reload? Would you recommend I use a different substance.
    I currently train 4 days per week. Muscle groups I train together are: day 1 chest, biceps and abs, day 2 back and triceps, day 3 legs and calves, day 4 shoulders, forearms and abs. I normally do 9 work sets for each muscle group, except for abs which I only do 3 sets and forearms 6 sets. I would like to try your recommendation of training each group twice per week. How should I change my schedule to accommodate this? Many thanks for all your help.

wnt2grow is offline New Member
    Ronnie,

I was taking 750 mg test, and 600 mg eq a week.

I followed the load, deload, reload. It was time for me to start PCT and I decided to keep taking the test because I loved the results. I have since added tren to my cycle. I took the test e at 300 mg for 2 weeks then went up to 600 mg a week. I added Tren A at 100mg a week(first time on tren,less sides? if a better dose please tell me), this is why I lowered the test dose. I am not prone to gyno thus far not even an issue. I do how ever have testicular atrophy, could I start taking hcg while still on cycle to maybe help with the atrophy? I am over 40 and have my kids, not so worried about fertility, just want my boys to hang a little better.I pin every Sunday night and Thursday morning 300 mg test e with 50 mg Tren A per pin.

Thanks again Ronnie,
    Your help is always appreciated, and not telling us what we are doing wrong but helping us do it right is just what I feel this forum is about.
    Last edited by wnt2grow; 04-13-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    Ronnie

I was experimenting with some calculation on Roidcalc dot com, what do you think of it? is it accurate enough tool to rely on? It's not bad at all but there is no exact science regarding pct.

For example if I do a 20 weeks slingshot cycle with Test E ONLY:
    Week 1-8 = 500mg
    Week 9-10 = 250mg
    Week 11-18 = 500mg
    Week 19-20 = 250mg

According to the calculator when I start PCT at week 21 the total level of mg/day (including the ester weight, not just the active) is 208 mg/day, this means that if I start PCT on week 21, then my body will actually start recovery on start of week 22 where the level drops to 79 mg/day, because the level during week 21 is still too high, is this correct? Your levels will be higher during week 21 than 22 but not too high to start an efficient PCT. I say start PCT before you allow test to fall too low-hence avoid losing as much muscle as possible. As test begins to lower slightly your LH is already starting to rebound.

If I add 300mg of deca into the stack for the second reload as another example:

Week 1-8 = 500mg TE
    Week 9-10 = 250mg TE
    Week 11-18 = 500mg TE + 300mg Deca (good choice for 2nd reload)Week 19-20 = 250mg TE

According to the calculator the level of mg/day on start of week 21 is still 292 mg/day, and even at week 22 the level is still 121 mg/day, which I believe is also still too high and suppressive in order for recovery to commence, so does this mean that in this particular case where both test and deca are involved, I have to postpone PCT for another week, start full pct at week 22 instead of week 21, so that during the second week of PCT (week 23) the level will be low enough for recovery to occur? Not neccesarily, it only means that deca stays in your system longer than test. I feel the longer you wait post cycle to start your pct, the harder it can be to fully recover natural testosterone levels. Estrogen levels begin to decline post cycle as androgen levels fall. Remember, it's the injectable test that increases estrogen and once the body is no longer receiving these injections, estrogen levels will also decrease along with androgen levels. The estrogen rebound that occurs POST CYCLE is actually due to an increase in your own natural testosterone production from using hcg. This can causes an imbalance in hormones-estrogen levels get higher than test for a while until testes production keeps up, so we use drugs like aromasin to keep estrogen low so LH can increase. You could wait unitl week 22 or 23 to start pct if desired but I have never seen any real life benefits by doing so.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bulkomaniac View Post
    hello ronnie,
    and the rest.....hope alls well!
    I am presently on clen and t3.....i really need further help guys....any information will be really appreciated.
    I recently started a cycle of clen and t3. Been 2 weeks now. I never tried anything close to steroids earlier ever. you should never use t-3 without using anabolic steroids as you will lose way too much muscle-HENCE BECOME EVEN FATTER!!! It's best to do 3-days of cardio per week and consume a diet high in protein, low-moderate fats and low carbs to lose body fat! i am 32 yrs old, male and into fitness.
    I have been really wanting to lean down and accelerate muscle size. Can you please suggest a non test based steroid ? go with winstrol at 50 mgs per day its just that the whole concept of "bitch tits" really scares me....i wouldnt want to start anything that kind and keep worrying how my chest will turn out to be ! take some aromasin every day with test enanthate and you should not get gyno while on or post-cycle as there is no estrogen rebound with this drug!
    at the moment heres my input
    im 5.11"
    250 lbs
    bench press (3 rep max) - 250 lbs
    squat (") - 260 lbs
    i am decently strong, but my body fat% is 28! not good!would you suggest anavar ? no, its too pricey unless you have a lot of money to spend as you will need at least 40mgs per day to see decent results please help me out guys. I dont even know where to post exactly, im still a bit confused as i just joined in.

My diet is about 1000gms of boiled chicken and veggies through the day in 5 meals. I do cheat once in a while with a scoop of ice cream here n there...maybe once a month.
    Please help me out.
    above

Blog Entries
    Hello again Ronnie, Many thanks for your answers. As I mentioned earlier, i'm now 40 years old, do you think cycling at this age is an issue? no, i do not! You also say it should be ok to continue until i'm "burned out". This may sound like a silly question but whats your definition of being burned out? achy joints and/or feeling very lethargic to the point of dreading going to the gym. I ask this because I do sometimes feel tired but put this down to age more than cycling, but just wondered what you think. I'm now on my 3rd reload and have increased dosages on each reload. I'm now on 400mg of test blend and 150mg of trenbolone every other day. This is a total of around 1500mg of test and 560mg of tren per week. Would I need to increase this if I decide to continue with a 4th reload? Would you recommend I use a different substance. If it were me, I would try staying with that same stack and begin training each muscle twice a week. I would also try increasing calories through mostly protein sources. If you do not gain then you could add in third compound. Or you could go ahead and add in 3rd compound and continue with once a week muscle group training. It's a toss up but if you can make more gains by changing your training program to twice a week muscle group training for 10 weeks and adjusting diet without having to add in more anabolics, it's a good thing!
    I currently train 4 days per week. Muscle groups I train together are: day 1 chest, biceps and abs, day 2 back and triceps, day 3 legs and calves, day 4 shoulders, forearms and abs. I normally do 9 work sets for each muscle group, except for abs which I only do 3 sets and forearms 6 sets. I would like to try your recommendation of training each group twice per week. How should I change my schedule to accommodate this? Many thanks for all your help.
    Do 3-6 sets per body part.

Day 1: chest,shoulder,lats HEAVY DAY
    Day 2 : arms/legs/abs HEAVY DAY
    Day 3 : off
    Day 4: same as day 1 LIGHT DAY
    Day 5: same as day 2 LIGHT DAY
    Weekends off.

NOTE: TYPE OUT YOUR WHOLE PROGRAM IN THIS THREAD CONTAINING EXERCISES, SETS, REPS AND I WILL CRITIQUE IF FOR YOU!

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Awesome Ronnie! Thanks man!

Yellow is offline Associate Member
    above
    Thanks for the help, ron..
    You're da man...

Do 3-6 sets per body part.

Day 1: chest,shoulder,lats HEAVY DAY
    Day 2 : arms/legs/abs HEAVY DAY
    Day 3 : off
    Day 4: same as day 1 LIGHT DAY
    Day 5: same as day 2 LIGHT DAY
    Weekends off.

NOTE: TYPE OUT YOUR WHOLE PROGRAM IN THIS THREAD CONTAINING EXERCISES, SETS, REPS AND I WILL CRITIQUE IF FOR YOU!
    Hi Ronnie.
    Here is the information you asked for:

The following are work sets only.
    Day 1:
    Chest:
    3 sets of incline bench press with smith m/c,
    3 sets of flat bench press with smith m/c,
    3 sets of flat or incline flies or pec deck,
    9 sets total, 6 to 10 reps per set. Ocasionally I may use dumbells instead. and sometimes do 3 sets of declines.

Biceps:
    3 sets of barbel or cable m/c curls,
    3 sets of seated dumbell curls,
    3 sets of preachers using bar or dumbell,
    9 sets total, 8 to 10 reps per set.

Abs:
    3 sets of sit ups using a decline bench, 20 reps per set.

Day 2:
    Back:
    3 sets of wide grip lat pull downs,
    3 sets of seated m/c rows,
    3 sets of bent over rows,
    9 sets total 8 to 10 reps per set.

Triceps:
    3 sets of skull crushers,
    3 sets of behind the neck dumbell presses,
    3 sets of tricep cable presses,
    9 sets total 8 to 10 reps per set. Triceps is one of my favourite muscles to train so there are many different excersises I use on a typical day, like close grip dips, close grip b/press, bench dips. With triceps, there seems to be so many excersises one can use.

Day 3:
    Legs:
    3 sets of leg press or squat,
    3 sets of leg extensions,
    3 sets of leg biceps (hams),

Calves:
    2 sets calve m/c toes pointing in,
    2 sets calve m/c toes pointing out,
    2 sets calve m/c normal,
    6 sets total, 10 reps per set.

Day 4:
    Shoulders:
    3 sets of seated m/c shoulder presses,
    3 sets of side dumbell raises,
    3 sets of front dumbell raises,
    3 to 5 sets of shrugs using olympic bar (heavy) sometimes use dumbells for this.
    12 to 14 sets, 8 reps per set.

Forearms:
    6 sets of forearm twists using weighted rope ties to a stick (wrist roller) or 3 sets of forearm curls and 3 sets of reverse forearm curls.

Abs:

This is a typical week for me, although sometimes I change the excersises but the volume stays the same.
    I also have an issue developing my inner chest. When I do exercises like peck deck, cable crossovers or flies and really squeeze at the top of the rep, I get a really good pump but never seem to grow from it. It's as if there's no muscle there to grow. Can you recommend any thing for this?
    One last thing, would you recommend wide grip dips and decline presses for lower chest development, or just flat presses?
    Many thanks again Ronnie, your help and guidance is always appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wnt2grow View Post
    Ronnie,

I was taking 750 mg test, and 600 mg eq a week.

I followed the load, deload, reload. It was time for me to start PCT and I decided to keep taking the test because I loved the results. I have since added tren to my cycle. I took the test e at 300 mg for 2 weeks then went up to 600 mg a week. I added Tren A at 100mg a week(first time on tren,less sides? if a better dose please tell me), I would bump up tren ace to 50 mgs eod! this is why I lowered the test dose. I am not prone to gyno thus far not even an issue.good I do how ever have testicular atrophy, could I start taking hcg while still on cycle to maybe help with the atrophy? You could but this will increase your chances of getting gyno, cause you to go through more painful injections and you will spend money they would be better off spend on steroids . I am over 40 and have my kids, not so worried about fertility, just want my boys to hang a little better. I would not worry about it. Women do not care! I would spend that money on cabergoline or prami because women do care about that! I pin every Sunday night and Thursday morning 300 mg test e with 50 mg Tren A per pin. Tren acetate needs to be ran eod or at the very least mon,wed,fri. The way you are running it would cause more side effects and provide less results. Test injections look good.
    Thanks again Ronnie,
    Your help is always appreciated, and not telling us what we are doing wrong but helping us do it right is just what I feel this forum is about.
    above

wnt2grow is offline New Member
    Ronnie,

Thank you for the response. I will up my Tren pins to mon, weds, fri. I can do that without a problem. As far as the Caber my girlfriend might not like it, so far, lets just say I am ready 3x a day. So, so far no problems there, maybe if it decreases after I up the Tren I will look into it. Was that the reason you suggested it? Again thank you for all your input on this forum you are a great help.
    Last edited by wnt2grow; 04-15-2010 at 11:22 AM.

nanu is offline New Member

YoungBuck024 is offline New Member
    is this supertest 400 you are goinng to take the pro-hormone or real steroid version?
    the real steriod version

mass_iv is offline New Member
    Awesome post Ronnie,
    Iv been browsing around the forum for sometime now, finally registered now...

Interesting method you have, makes sense to me however find it hard to let go of what i am used to. Anyways iv convinced myself to try it now but have a few questions to finalise my cycle. Basically its my 3rd cycle (first 2 were basic Test E/deca cycles, worked ok but not the greatest combo for me i guess) im looking to gain some good decent size but not too much fat, to be honest i wud love to stay lean (the tricky part) whilst not affecting muscle gain.

Here is a snapshot of what i have jotted down so far, basically i am thinking of a D-Bol, Test E, Tren (A or E not sure need help deciding), EQ and a 4 week PCT. The cycle will span across 16 ON weeks following the 8week reload 2 weeks deload method you mentioned.... here's the plan:

Ok so i need to finalise a few things, what Tren would u recommend? i havent used it before, also what dosages to fit into the graph shown above.
    Secondly during weeks 9-10 the deload weeks, is it ok if i stop tacking my injections the way shown and maybe say hit 20mgED of Nolvadex for the 2 weeks or HCG etc before starting up again as shown? or shud i say keep taking some test/tren etc?
    Finally i was thinking bought introducing T3 towards the end to help cut up if it looks as though im bulking too much, what would you recommend to incorporate it without impacting muscle too much???

Thanks heaps in advance.

why do you think... muscle mags...tell people that training methologies like rest-pause..forced reps.... drop sets, changing exercises... annilating body parts changes shape and enhanced muscle size beyond straight-sets??

tarzan911 is offline New Member

Help!

I am new to this, I am going to try Ronnie's reload and deload. I'm going to try Test Cyp. along with Dbol and was thinking of taking Nolvadex . Is this ok or a good start?

baynethebluepit is offline Junior Member
    good stuff, and good read, just one ?, it sounds like your better off sticking with what works for you as far as gains go. Switching things up just for the sake of switchin isn't smart? Your saying to stick with the certain workouts that you are compfortable with and can tell your getting a good burn and your doing it correctly is more beneficial then trying to find new techniques your not familiar with. With benching you were talking about getting to muscle failiar even in the first set so are you starting with low weight or higher weight and then coming down. I'm a rook so sorry if i'm all over the place, I'm 6'1 250 and with the right diet and help I know I could make some serieous gains, just putting my time in on here. Keep it up thanx for the info

DocBman is offline New Member
    Ronnie,

First off, great write up on the slingshot training. Slingshot really makes sense; and I look forward to getting your book when it comes out. I am planning on cycling anabolics for the first time, but first I am going to do severals blasts to see how my body reacts the best. Anyways, here is what I was thinking so far while on cycle.

Here are my stats FYI....
    Age - 24
    Weight - 225
    Height - 6'2''
    BF - 14%
    Training - 6yrs

8 week reload
    500 Test E weekly, 30mg Dbol daily for first 4wks

I'll do a 6 day split working out twice a day and working muscles groups twice weekly.

First 3 days will be 3 primary movements ie: bench press, squats etc... here are the sets/reps
    1) 1/4-6, 2/8-10, 1/12-15
    2) 4/8-10
    3) 4/8-10

The next three days will be secondary movement eg: Flyes, lateral raises etc...
    1) 4/10-12
    2) 4/10-12
    3) 4/10-12

Here is the split:
    AM PM
    Day 1 - Chest/Calves Back

Day 2 - Shoulders/Traps Bi/tri/Forearms

Day 3 - Quads/Abs Hams

Repeat muscle groups for days 4-6 and rest on 7.

After 8 weeks of reload I will drop Test E to 250mg and begin a 2 week deload

During the deload I will do a 5 day split working muscle groups once a week. I will also do 3 movements per muscle group consisting of 2 primary and 1 secondary lift here are the rep ranges

1) 1/4-6, 2/8-10
    2) 2/8-10
    3) 1/10-12

Day 1 - Chest/Calves
    Day 2 - Back/Forearms
    Day 3 - Shoulders/Traps
    Day 4 - Quads/Hams
    Day 5 - Bis/Tris/Abs

Upon completion of deload I will begin a 6 week reload with the same split as before, but with different movements.

I will be off anabolics for the next 2 week deload with same split as before, but with different movements

The next 6 week reload will be when I start PCT and natural anabolic supps eg: creatine, NO xplode, HMB etc...

it will be a different split not consisting of 2 a days, but working muscle groups twice a week with the same heavy/light concept of the previous reloads.

This reload will be followed by a 2 week deload.

From here I will do 2 more 8 week blast cycles followed by a 2 week prime which will look like this:

I will do a 3 day split with 2 movements per bodypart for first week here are the reps/sets

1) 2/12-15
    2) 2/12-15

The second week will only consist of cardio at 2 days a week.

Of course I will be dieting throughout this whole process. I just want some feedback as far as the splits, reps, and anabolic dosages.

Thank you for your time I look forward to hearing back from you!

Blog Entries
    hi ronnie.
    Here is the information you asked for:

day 1-monday:

chest 6 sets twice a week-
    10 degree decline press on smith machine 2 sets
    10 degree incline press on smith machine 2 sets
    best exercise for inner chest imo is plate loaded hammer wide iso chest press. 2 sets. Cable crossovers also work if done right!

Shoulders:6 sets
    2 sets of seated shoulder presses
    2 sets of side dumbell raises, (do these leaning on bench at 75 degeee angle one arm at a time)
    2 sets of reverse flyes for rear delts (front raises not needed)

back:6 sets
    3 sets of seated rows (use medium grip- "18 inches apart"- with lat bar attachment)

traps: 3 sets
    3 sets of seated dumbbell shrugs

forearms: 4 sets
    2 sets of forearm curls
    2 sets of reverse curls.

day 2- tuesday:

biceps: 4 sets
    2 sets of barbell curls,
    2 sets of seated dumbell curls

triceps: 4 sets
    2 sets of skull crushers,
    2 sets of tricep cable presses

quads: 5 sets
    3 sets of leg press or squat
    2 sets of leg extensions

hams :3 sets
    3 sets of leg biceps (hams)

abs: 4 sets
    2 sets of reverse crunches or weighted crunches. (avoid sit ups using a decline bench as they can cause back trouble and hit the psoas harder than crunches-hence less ab stimulation than weighted crunches. Do 2 sets of weighted crunches on a bosu ball.

the following are work sets only.
    Day 1:
    Chest:
    3 sets of incline bench press with smith m/c,
    3 sets of flat bench press with smith m/c,
    3 sets of flat or incline flies or pec deck,
    9 sets total, 6 to 10 reps per set. Ocasionally i may use dumbells instead. And sometimes do 3 sets of declines.

Biceps:
    3 sets of barbel or cable m/c curls,
    3 sets of seated dumbell curls,
    3 sets of preachers using bar or dumbell,

Abs:

Day 2:
    Back:
    3 sets of seated m/c rows,
    3 sets of bent over rows,
    9 sets total 8 to 10 reps per set.

Triceps:
    3 sets of skull crushers,
    3 sets of behind the neck dumbell presses,
    3 sets of tricep cable presses,
    9 sets total 8 to 10 reps per set. Triceps is one of my favourite muscles to train so there are many different excersises i use on a typical day, like close grip dips, close grip b/press, bench dips. With triceps, there seems to be so many excersises one can use.

Day 3:
    Legs:
    3 sets of leg press or squat,
    3 sets of leg extensions,
    3 sets of leg biceps (hams),

Calves:
    2 sets calve m/c toes pointing in,
    2 sets calve m/c toes pointing out,
    2 sets calve m/c normal,
    6 sets total, 10 reps per set.

Day 4:
    Shoulders:
    3 sets of seated m/c shoulder presses,
    3 sets of side dumbell raises,
    3 sets of front dumbell raises,
    3 to 5 sets of shrugs using olympic bar (heavy) sometimes use dumbells for this.
    12 to 14 sets, 8 reps per set.

Forearms:
    6 sets of forearm twists using weighted rope ties to a stick (wrist roller) or 3 sets of forearm curls and 3 sets of reverse forearm curls.

Abs:

This is a typical week for me, although sometimes i change the excersises but the volume stays the same.
    I also have an issue developing my inner chest. When i do exercises like peck deck, cable crossovers or flies and really squeeze at the top of the rep, i get a really good pump but never seem to grow from it. It's as if there's no muscle there to grow. Can you recommend any thing for this?yes! The hammer strength iso-lateral plate loaded chest press is hard to beat for building inner chest mass!one last thing, would you recommend wide grip dips and decline presses for lower chest development, or just flat presses? just 10 degree decline presses on a smith machine! many thanks again ronnie, your help and guidance is always appreciated.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wnt2grow View Post
    ronnie,

thank you for the response. I will up my tren pins to mon, weds, fri. I can do that without a problem. As far as the caber my girlfriend might not like it, so far, lets just say i am ready 3x a day. so, so far no problems there, maybe if it decreases after i up the tren i will look into it. Was that the reason you suggested it? yes! If your prolactin levels get too on tren high you will need some caber but some people never have any libido issues at all with tren or deca. again thank you for all your input on this forum you are a great help.
    above

Thanks for the reply Ronnie.
    What should the rep range be for heavy and light days on the twice a week training method you suggest?
    I assume I go heavy on the Monday and Tuesday excersises, then repeat on Thursday and Friday light?
    When I switch back from twice a week training, should I go back to what i've been doing? I'm just curious to know what you think to what I've been doing and whether I should change or tweak my typical session?
    "plate loaded hammer wide iso chest press" Not sure what this is, so i'll look it up on the internet. I'm from the UK so it's perhaps called something else here.
    Kindest regards Ronnie.

ylfcm is offline Junior Member
    Ronnie,

Just finished 20wk reload/deload now going on Pct . This is my first cycle , great gains.

So Pct and then wait 10 weeks before I start again do you think?

Im thinking Of adding 1 or 2 compounds next time , this cycle was 500mg Sust up to 750mg sust to 1000mg sust last 3 weeks. Gains slowed dramaticlly in last couple of weeks.
    (I had no sides other than some very minor acne durin deload. I also didnt loose any weight in deload.)

Im thinking Dbol or Tbol to kickstart/ Test/Deca or Dbol or Tbol /Test/ Tren .

When do you recommend starting PCT after a Sust cycle, have I read in this thread that u recommend starting PCT sooner than 18 days.

Your advice appreciated.

Thanks

Ylfcm
    Last edited by ylfcm; 04-17-2010 at 07:06 PM.

badyates is offline New Member
    hi their I'm a 45 year old mane 280lb i was in good shape till 40 220lb all natural body builder till they took my ephedrine a way an 40 came iv let my self go I'm trying to get back in to shape iv ben steady in the gem 4 the last 6 months but i just don't have the piss and vinegar like i once did I'm eaten high protein lowe cards I'm doing aerobic every other day but not drooping fat AR getting much back from my eferts in the gem I'm ready fore some steroids iv never dun them and don't no where to start what would be a good cycle fore me i want to put on mass and get rid of fat licke to look as good as Vincent mickman from the WWE wen I'm 50 that gives me 5 years pleas help

creactiveprotein is offline New Member
    Ronnie -

I only have 6000mgs of test e, im going to run my first cycle, would this be ok:

week 1-8 - test 500mg week - reload
    week 9-10 - test 250mg week - deload
    week 11-12 - test 750mg week - reload

Also, I would start my PCT one week after my last injection? I will be taking hcg 250iu e3d during cycle, when should I stop the hcg? One more thing, I got gyno just from going through puberty, this more then likely means I will get gyno from a cycle correct? I didnt want to use an AI but I think i'll have too?
    Last edited by creactiveprotein; 04-19-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Archangel. is offline Banned
    above
    Ronnie, what do you think of this: This is off one of the main stickies over at tmuscle.com

This is an ideal first cycle for everyone or at least a base to build on:

(NOTE - W X-Y means start of week X to end of week Y)

Cycle Plan
    W 1-10 Test Enth 250mg E3D
    W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD (reduce to 0.125mg EOD in last week)

This would be an example of a camp number 2 keep it simple cycle. You don't really need to get more complicated than this but if you want to below are some typical inclusions for a first cycle...

Optional secondary additions
    W 1-4 Dbol 10mg 3x/d if you want an oral kickstart or just a little something extra thrown in mid cycle when your test is kicking in (seems most lately are going with the latter)
    W 1-8 Deca 300mg/w if you want some additional bulking help
    W 1-8 Tren Enth 150mg E3D if you want additional strength help
    W 6-12 Proviron 25mg 2x/d if you want some help with libido

Optional Ancilliaries
    W 1-12 Nolva 20mg/d if gyno symptoms (itchy/tender nipples) start to show
    W 1-10 Caber 0.5mg 2x/w if you are having prolactin issues (difficulty getting an erection when on tren or deca)
    W 3-10 HCG 250iu 3x/w if you want to prevent your nuts from shrinking and make recovery easier

Post Cycle Therapy starts week 13

It is the same with either approach...you just have to make sure that your gear is cleared from your system before you start PCT (or it won't work because you will still be getting suppressed from the gear).

PCT Option 1 (SERM PCT)
    W 13 Nolva 20mg 2x/d or Clomid 50mg 2x/d
    W 14-16 Nolva 20mg/d or Clomid 25mg/d

PCT Option 2 (Test Stasis and Taper)
    W 10-12 Off (if your cycle was enth 2 weeks is enough to drop down to normal levels)
    W 13-14 Test Enth 40mg E3D (stasis portion to mimic normal hormone levels)
    W 15-16 Test Enth 30mg E3D (taper portion)
    W 17-18 Test Enth 20mg E3D
    W 19-20 Test Enth 10mg E3D

The taper gradually takes your body below normal androgen levels slowly enough that it is able to kick in and compensate. There is a much more detailed explaination of this in the "Test Taper Protocol" sticky thread so I suggest you read that if you are interested in this approach

And this:

hCG Dosing Guidelines

- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin -

For each cycle length the first one listed (1) is for low dose HCG throughout/on-cycle (Preferred method)

The second line (2) is for hCG during last few weeks only of the cycle (only if hCG was NOT used during cycle)

1-6 week cycle
    (1) No hCG needed
    (2) No hCG needed

8 week cycle
    (1) 250iu every 4 days* from week 3-8
    (2) One 1000iu shot per week for 2 weeks with AI? taken daily

12 week cycle
    (1) 250iu every 4 days* from week 3-12
    (2) One 1000iu shot per week for 3 weeks with AI? taken daily

16 week cycle
    (1) 250iu every 4 days* from week 3-8
    Take a 2 week break
    250iu every 4 days* from week 11-16
    (2) One 1000iu shot per week for 3 weeks with AI? taken daily

* Every 4 days = Shoot on Monday, then on Friday, then on Tuesday, ect.
    ? AI - Aromatase Inhibitor (While taking 1000iu shots, I recommend 10mg/ED of Aromasin or .5mg/ED Arimidex to keep estrogen in control. Discontinue 4 days after last hCG shot.)

If you are doing the on-cycle hCG protocol it is important to discontinue hCG 2 weeks prior to AAS clearance. Therefore, when you officially start PCT you will be clean of all AAS's and will be 14 days from your last hCG shot. This allows your testes to become re-sensitized to the body's LH signal from the brain, making for a quick recovery of natural testosterone production as soon as the steroids and hCG clear the system. This is another reason why on-cycle hCG is superior, because it allows you to start recovering as soon as PCT begins.

If you aren't doing hCG on-cycle, then use hCG according to the last few weeks guidelines, and start it 4-5 weeks before the AAS's are expected to clear the system (Or as soon as possible if you are already past this point).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mass_iv View Post
    awesome post ronnie,
    iv been browsing around the forum for sometime now, finally registered now...

Interesting method you have, makes sense to me however find it hard to let go of what i am used to. Anyways iv convinced myself to try it now but have a few questions to finalise my cycle. Basically its my 3rd cycle (first 2 were basic test e/deca cycles, worked ok but not the greatest combo for me i guess) im looking to gain some good decent size but not too much fat, to be honest i wud love to stay lean (the tricky part) whilst not affecting muscle gain.

Here is a snapshot of what i have jotted down so far, basically i am thinking of a d-bol, test e, tren (a or e not sure need help deciding), go with tren enanthate! Eq and a 4 week pct. The cycle will span across 16 on weeks following the 8week reload 2 weeks deload method you mentioned.... Here's the plan: you will want to run a 20 week cycle (2-8 week reloads and 2-2 week deloads)

ok so i need to finalise a few things, what tren would u recommend? Tren enanthate all the way! I havent used it before, also what dosages to fit into the graph shown above. run it at 400 mgs per week (two weekly shots) during weeks 1-8 and 11-18. Get off of it during deloads.secondly during weeks 9-10 the deload weeks, is it ok if i stop tacking my injections the way shown and maybe say hit 20mged of nolvadex for the 2 weeks or hcg etc before starting up again as shown? Or shud i say keep taking some test/tren etc? keep in 300 mgs of test e during deloads and drop the rest of the anabolics. reload 1-run test/tren/d-bol for 8 weeks. Reload 2 run /test/tren/eqfinally i was thinking bought introducing t3 towards the end to help cut up if it looks as though im bulking too much, what would you recommend to incorporate it without impacting muscle too much 50 mcgs per day max on t-3. I would not take t-3, just cut back on carbs/fats and increase cardio. T-3 is a pre-contest drug for most unless they are endomorph or female. Increase cardio as well to lower body fat. Moderate intensity cardio will not eat away at muscle like t-3 has been noted to do for some because moderate cardio burns mostly body fat when done right where as t-3 burns fats, carbs and protein! I see no value in screwing around with thyroid gland unless absolutely needed. ???

Thanks heaps in advance.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vascular vince View Post
    why do you think... Muscle mags...tell people that training methologies like rest-pause..forced reps.... Drop sets, changing exercises... Annilating body parts changes shape and enhanced muscle size beyond straight-sets?? you cannot change the shape of your muscles, only enhance what you are born with. Muscle magazines do have some good information in them from time to time but they are mostly written with an intent to sell. Some people tend to get impatient with their progress and out of desperation they jump on every new training technique that is written about even though they are not as effective as staying with straight sets. The younger generation in particular actually believe a lot of this hogwash that is written. I run into this at gyms very very often.

If various training methods beyond straight sets had the ability to help people break plateaus then i would be encouraging everyone to do a different training method each time they walked into the gym. In a nutshell, the human body does not operate that way and anyone who believes it does needs to get honest with themselves. The best basketball players in the world shoot the ball using the same technique over-and-over again. The best quarter backs, punters and field goal kickers in football use the same techniques over- and- over again. It's their consistency, genetic ability,determination and perseverance that make them a champion and the same rule applies to bodybuilding! straight sets are always the absolute best way to make a muscle grow. obtaining a massive temporary blood pump with methods like strip sets is not comparable in terms of stimulating the type-2 muscle fibers!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan911 View Post
    I am new to this, I am going to try Ronnie's reload and deload. I'm going to try Test Cyp. along with Dbol and was thinking of taking Nolvadex. Is this ok or a good start?
    If it's only your first or second cycle you may wish to stick to only test during first 8 week reload then run d-bol along with test throughout entire 2nd 8 week reload..

NOTE: DO NOT USE NOLVADEX. I WOULD GO WITH AROMASIN IF ANTI-ES ARE IN FACT NEEDED!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baynethebluepit View Post
    good stuff, and good read, just one ?, it sounds like your better off sticking with what works for you as far as gains go. of course! switching things up just for the sake of switchin isn't smart? absolutely right! your saying to stick with the certain workouts that you are compfortable with and can tell your getting a good burn and your doing it correctly is more beneficial then trying to find new techniques your not familiar with. yes! with benching you were talking about getting to muscle failiar even in the first set so are you starting with low weight or higher weight and then coming down. high weight and come down (but only after around 3 good warm up sets on that exercise if used at start of workout) i'm a rook so sorry if i'm all over the place, i'm 6'1 250 and with the right diet and help i know i could make some serieous gains, just putting my time in on here. Keep it up thanx for the info
    above

Blog Entries
    thanks for the reply ronnie.
    What should the rep range be for heavy and light days on the twice a week training method you suggest? depends on the exercise used but for compounds around 6-10 on heavy days and 10-15 on light days. You also have the option of just doing around 8-12 on both days if desired.i assume i go heavy on the monday and tuesday excersises, then repeat on thursday and friday light? thats a good plan
    when i switch back from twice a week training, should i go back to what i've been doing? yes i'm just curious to know what you think to what i've been doing and whether i should change or tweak my typical session? it need some tweaking imo. i'll tweak it later when i get time so be on the look out!"plate loaded hammer wide iso chest press" not sure what this is, so i'll look it up on the internet. I'm from the uk so it's perhaps called something else here. the hands come together during the slight declined movement-hence it really adds mass/cuts to entire inner chest region.kindest regards ronnie.
    above

Thread Information