Page 15 of 138 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerhulk View Post
    only just found this forum and i have to say it is outstanding. A big mention to you ronnie, you break everything down and make it clear so us meer mortals can understand!!! thank you!

i am just about to turn 21 and ready to start my first cycle of test en. At the moment i have purchased 3 vials of test en and 3 boxes of novaldex (tamoxifen ). I was going to do the cycle for 10 weeks, but after reading your posts i have decided to perform the sling shot training and increase my cycle to 20 weeks.good idea!

i was told by the supplier (who is a pt and in awesome shape) that i should take the novaldex at the start of my 2nd week. I would take 20mg per day. Is this to combat gyno before it has begun? there's a good chance you will not get any gyno whatsover so do not take nolvadex but do keep it on hand in case symptoms appear and do not leave after a week or two. Quite often gyno leaves on it's own once your body becomes adjusted to the hormonal change. as i am very concered about getting gyno, do you think i should take the novaldex as a precaution and for my peace of mind? absolutely not!
    here is the cycle i am looking at, please critque an let me know if i need to make any ammendments;

phase 1
    week 1-8 500mg test en (2 shots a week)
    week 9-10 250 mg test en (1 shot a week)

phase 2
    week 11-18 500mg test en (2 shots a week) ( go to 750 mgs of test e per week)week 19-20 test 250 mg (1 shot a week)

week 21-23
    pct
    nolvadex 20mg per day for 4 weeks
    clomid 50mg twice per day for 4 weeks

is my pct to short? you need hcg for 14 days starting week 21!

in phase two i am looking at taking deca , do you think i should stack this with test en, or leave it out? it would be fine to take 400 mgs of deca and 500-750 mgs of test per week during phase 2

cheers ronnie.
    above

gingerhulk is offline New Member
    Thanks Ronnie.

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Ron

What kind of cycle would you do to just put on as much muscle as possible in the offseason?

Will it be a combination of several compounds, or just high doses of testosterone by itself?

What are the advantages of using two compounds such as Test + deca , and just Test by itself? I know that deca helps lubricate the joint but other than that is it also builds muscle better than Test by itself?

Say for example someone do 1000mg of anabolics per weeks:

The first one consist of:
    600mg of testosterone + 400mg of deca

The second one consist of:
    1000mg of testosterone by itself

Which one will yield greater result in term of muscle gain?

And is it true, that by stacking several compounds at a LESS DOSE, but still totalling at the same amount (i.e 1000mg) will minimize the side effect of each compounds and yield greater gains at the same time??

One more thing, I know that u recommend a 20 weeks cycle, but what if at the end of the 20th week I feel good, no sides whatsoever, and I'm using HCG 250iu twice a weeek throughout the 20 weeks and manage to prevent/minimize testicular shrinkage, and I want to throw in another reload and deload phase making it a 30 weeks cycle, is it too risky to undertake (risk of permanent hpta shutdown)?
    Last edited by Coca Cola; 03-06-2010 at 01:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    i am not a big fan of using deca long term as it lowers sex drive. You most certainly need prami or caber when running deca. I would switch over to another compound for second 8 week reload or use more test and less deca. [

b]cool, i will finish what i have and get some caber... I can use the caber for tren when i run it in summer time[/b] yes

go with high reps at around 12-15 for 2 week deloads

got it...

what does your training split look like?

[b]training split is 5 days a week if i can get in 6 i will and thro in bies and tries a second time as well as a week body part - calves or rear delts(thats on the 6th day)
    mon chest/tries
    2 warm up incline bench
    3-4 sets of incline
    3 sets flat bench
    2 - 3 sets decline bench
    getting 8 - 12 reps
    2-3 sets cables or peck deck
    thats 10 - 13 sets when i delode it is 7 sets(hard to do less than that) but very very heavy
    tries would be
    3 - 4 sets skull crushers
    3 - 4 sets push downs
    6 - 8 sets over all... 8 - 12 rep range you'll need to train each body part only once a week and i would suggest using a smith machine for inclines and declines to take the strain off the shoulder. I would completely drop flat bench as it's an ego exercise for many and not a good chest builder! Also, use only a 15 degree angle on both inclines and declines and do not take the bar all the way down on the chest with inclines. Bring bar to nipple line with declines. On inclines do not bring bar too high on chest either as it can over stretch the anterior shoulder capsule that is now giving you problems. Next, decrease weight by 25 percent on all movements by slowing each repetition down. This will allow it to heal and prevent future injury. Think form over weight for muscle size! I would also not over stretch on crossovers and start your chest routine with declines not inclines. Do 3 work sets a piece for each of the 3 exercises (9 sets total).
    are your front delts getting sorer than overall chest with inclines and flat presses?

the pain/soarness seems to becoming with in my shoullders ... Under the front delt away from the pec minor... Hurts more during incline bench but that may not be a fair statment cuz that is where i start out and warm up... The discomfort seem to be coming with in the joint. go with the smith machine and do as i have described above. Dont go too wide on grip!
    above

amostofi1999 is offline Associate Member
    I would completely drop flat bench as it's an ego exercise for many and not a good chest builder!
    i saw a video of dorian yates giving exercise advice and he said the same thing. what about dumbbell bench press? is it any better?

ronnie..please explain fat load for pre-contest... dave palumbo... uses on women and some men...

depfife is offline Associate Member

please help me

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Yes, you are confused. LOL. No VET on this board, including myself has ever said such a stupid thing. Please read through this entire thread and then it will make sense.

Please Ronnie... I have read so much of what you have written... but you say

"If you want to get as big as humanly possible then there's no need in going off steroids . You heard me right! The 8 week reload is not a standard 8 week cycle but rather one long continual cycle that stops only when you discontinue making any gains."

So, one could be on steroids, 80% of the year...during reloads... When does your HPTA have the chance to spring back? When are pct drugs used?

please...help ronnie...thx..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by depfife View Post
    sorry if i did...
    I have always been told, that my fragile HPTA system could be damaged if shut down too long... TRUE! Now Ronnie says don't worry about it?..NEVER HAVE NOR WILL I EVER SAY SUCH A THING. pct is not neccessary...YES IT IS! just stay on roids, until i am 70 y.o.? YOU COULD IF THATS THE DECISION YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE. LOOK AT SYLVESTER STALLONE.-confussed in Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by depfife View Post
    Please Ronnie... I have read so much of what you have written...then you know I believe pct is individualistic these things but you say

"If you want to get as big as humanly possible then there's no need in going off steroids . You heard me right! The 8 week reload is not a standard 8 week cycle but rather one long continual cycle that stops only when you discontinue making any gains I was making reference to how to make maximum gains
    So, one could be on steroids, 80% of the year...during reloads...yes but it will increase your odds of infertility When does your HPTA have the chance to spring back? When are pct drugs used? 20 week cycles followed by 10 weeks off for non-serious competitors.
    please...help ronnie...thx..
    above

Braxton2010 is offline New Member
    Very informative. Thanks Ronnie.

BTW - its nice to meet everyone. I'm new to the website. However, I've started using AAS in '08. I stopped for a minute, but now I'm going back on it. This information is great. Before I was following a 12-week cycle, but not anymore after this. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Braxton2010; 03-07-2010 at 07:04 AM.

depfife is offline Associate Member

Thank you so much!!

above
    Thank you so much ronnie... for your knowledge and your patience with me... YOU add so much to this forum!!!!
    -Jeff

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    good info ronnie - i will apply it asap...

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Ron I love all your posts and have some questions. I have been cutting for about 6 weeks now getting ready for a big bulk using the prohormone SPAWN (Tren /Epi). Its a 4 week cycle with 4 week PCT(nova/clomid). In the past I have gained my biggest amount of strength when Using the Iron man HIT bulking routine, but feel like I kinda lack in the overall development because its not enough volume or exercises for each muscle. I am torn between a regular once a week program and the HIT routine for this PH cycle. Does strength gain equal size gain, should I go with more volume to get better overal muscle development?? I have read that the Slingshot method is the best of both worlds and looking for your advice. What is the best way to setup the slingshot around a 4 week cycle for bulking??? Any advice would be really appreciated. I tried reading all I could but the more I read the more confused I got. Thanks again

EDIT: I know you advocate 8 week cycles but it seems all the info on TREN/EPI says to run it for only 4 weeks. Also I only bought 4 weeks worth and the substance is now banned
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 03-07-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coca cola View Post
    ron

what kind of cycle would you do to just put on as much muscle as possible in the offseason? test and tren enanthate..some d-bol (especially injectable form) works nicely as well for those who can tolerate it.
    will it be a combination of several compounds, or just high doses of testosterone by itself? several if it can be tolerated. not everyone does well on these drugs, especially when they are stacked

what are the advantages of using two compounds such as test + deca , and just test by itself? deca would lubricate your joints allowing you to lift heavier and i feel deca is harder to kick out of the receptor than test. Thus it hangs around longer providing you more time to stimulate muscle receptors and heal the muscle. I know that deca helps lubricate the joint but other than that is it also builds muscle better than test by itself? i think it depends on the persons genetic make-up. Some feel deca works just as good or better than test but some do not notice any difference between a test only cycle and a test/deca cycle.

Say for example someone do 1000mg of anabolics per weeks:

The first one consist of:
    600mg of testosterone + 400mg of deca

the second one consist of:
    1000mg of testosterone by itself

which one will yield greater result in term of muscle gain? it's going to vary amongst individuals as stated above. Test is more powerful than deca but deca helps build the connective tissue where as test can make connective tissue weaker over-time. That said, test/deca would probably provide better results on a long term basis where as test taken in high dosages alone could provide more gains upfront. I can tell you this much for certain- test/tren has been shown to work consistently better than test/deca or test alone. Also, test/tren/d-bol/gh and slin is how many of these pros are getting so big drug wise.and is it true, that by stacking several compounds at a less dose, but still totalling at the same amount (i.e 1000mg) will minimize the side effect of each compounds and yield greater gains at the same time?? not neccesarily. Some do better on test alone because deca kills their sex drive even at low dosages, eq causes anxiety at low dosages, tren causes insomnia/headaches at low dosages and d-bol causes lethargicness/sleepiness at very low dosages, anadrol equals nausea for many. For those who do not have side effects with these ancillary drugs then adding them to a smaller dose of test can produce less side efects and possibly provide more gains. Some people get high blood pressure with high dosages of test alone or the test just simply won't provide them with the strength gains that can be accomplished by adding in a second or third compound. Some do not make a lot more gains once they go past 1 gram of test but they can make more gains by adding in other compounds such as tren and d-bol. Some take 2 grams plus of test per week and grow like nothing else. It's a very indivualistic matter that takes some experimentation on the users behalf to see where they stand and if the results out weigh the side effects. What works for one does not always work for another. This has to do with your genetic blue print from birth.
    one more thing, i know that u recommend a 20 weeks cycle, but what if at the end of the 20th week i feel good, no sides whatsoever, and i'm using hcg 250iu twice a weeek throughout the 20 weeks and manage to prevent/minimize testicular shrinkage, and i want to throw in another reload and deload phase making it a 30 weeks cycle, is it too risky to undertake (risk of permanent hpta shutdown)? people do it all the time and turn out just fine.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amostofi1999 View Post
    i saw a video of dorian yates giving exercise advice and he said the same thing. what about dumbbell bench press? is it any better?
    Not a lot because it's hard to get the dumbbells in place to do the lift. I've seen tendons torn and lower backs hurt just getting into place for heavy dumbbell work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    ronnie..please explain fat load for pre-contest... dave palumbo... uses on women and some men...
    I do not believe in doing just a fat load with females as Dave has been known to teach. I feel females need to have carbs in their system to fill out just as a males but possibly to a lesser degree (depending on how much muscle they are carrying).

I do agree with Dave that some fats are needed in conjunction with carbs to help fill out properly. Fats help pull glycogen produced from carbs into the muscles so that's what Dave is referring to here. Fats also dictates the need for less carbs to fill out-hence less bloat.

I have learned that some fats combined carbs/water/sodium is what fills out the muscles to their max on show day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    Hey Ron I love all your posts and have some questions. I have been cutting for about 6 weeks now getting ready for a big bulk using the prohormone SPAWN (Tren /Epi). Its a 4 week cycle with 4 week PCT(nova/clomid). YOU CANNOT DO A BIG BULK IN 4 WEEKS. YOU NEED 20 WEEKS. USE THE TREN-EPI TO JUMP START A 20 WEEK CYCLE. YOU NEED MORE SUPPLEMENTS BEFORE BEGINNING In the past I have gained my biggest amount of strength when Using the Iron man HIT bulking routine, but feel like I kinda lack in the overall development because its not enough volume or exercises for each muscle. I am torn between a regular once a week program and the HIT routine for this PH cycle. Does strength gain equal size gain, should I go with more volume to get better overal muscle development?? STRENGTH GAIN DOES NOT ALWAYS EQUAL MORE SIZE GAIN. I THINK DOGGCRAPP TRAINING STARTED PUSHNG THIS CONCEPT AND A LOT OF INEXPERIENCED PEOPLE JUMPED ON THAT BAN WAGON WITHOUT THINKING THINGS THROUGH. TO PROVE MY POINT-SOME POWER-LIFTERS INTENTIONALLY LOSE SIZE/WEIGHT WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THEY ARE GAINING STRENGTH SO THEY CAN LIFT IN A PARTICULAR WEIGHT DIVISION. ROUTINES LIKE DC TRAINING WOULD WORK BEST FOR BEGINNERS JUST STARTING OUT BUT ONCE YOU HAVE TRAINED FOR 3 MONTHS OR SO IT WOULD BE A VERY BAD WAY TO TRAIN IMO.

NOTE: If everyone would start using impeccable form and use a weight and training volume they could handle, growth would come more quickly and less injuries would occur. That said, once you have used Slingshot Training for around 5 years (trained,dieted and took supplements correctly) to the best of your ability, you must accept that you are what you are at this point. There are no secret routines that are going to make you explode with new growth again like when you first started training!

Not everyone can look like a top level competitive bodybuilder but most can get a decent bodybuilders look when they approach things properly. If you cannot push heavy weights using impeccable form after 3-6 months of training or are not genetically gifted in terms of shear muscle size, then you don't have what it takes to be a top-level bodybuilder and no routine will change this! Strength is mostly determined by genetics. Jay Cutler was lifting big time weights at 16 years of age. I will never catch him regardless of how long I train! Several training programs work given you are eating and resting enough. But, the difference is injuries and the long term effects on the body. I have got several ready for power-lifting events. I know one guy who benches 600 lbs and doesn't even look like he lifts that much. I have known of people who could squat large amounts of weight who did not have impressive legs. This is why impeccable form and enough volume is needed to develop muscle mass as strength gains do not always equal muscle gains!

As a bodybuilder you must lift in a way that allows you to put the most possible tension on the muscle and the least amount of tension on the tendons. I have been asked over and over- "What is the best way to workout to get bigger muscle"? Some think you lift very heavy with low reps (4-6) to get big then up their reps (12-15) to get cut. This kind of thinking is wrong! You cannot train like a power-lifter nor should you try and beat a training log once you get past the 3 month break in period. Your objective from a workout as a bodybuilder is to stimulate growth. As simple as it sounds, some people can't do it for letting their ego control them. They place most of their emphasis n how many reps they can get and/or lifting more weight than the last workout. I want to make it clear that after 8 weeks of higher volume lifting, the joints/cns is going to need a two week break. To recap: the muscles will still be able to recover just fine after an 8 week reload , but your joint/central nervous system will not! Also, if something is not recovering well during 8 week reloads something is wrong with your training. Destroying ones joints/cns is not required to make a muscle adapt to stress. Ever hear people talk about how tired they are after lifting on a certain program after only 4 weeks? This means they are over doing things with intensity and/or volume! Quite often people want to do 12 sets for every body part because that's the cut-off point with Slingshot Training. Some do fine the first couple of weeks but then start to crash. I cannot do over 10 sets per body part anymore as I train with great intensity and am 44 years of age. I generally keep things between 6-9 sets once a week per each body part-warm up sets not included. You have to find which set/rep scheme best suits you.

How many times have you heard of someone hitting a new personal best only to get injured several weeks down the road? I know of many! Top level bodybuilders are born with a lot of type-2 muscle fibers but some are not real strong. Some powerlifters are not born with a lot of type-2 fibers but they have thick tendons and good insertions that give them advantage in lifting really heavy weight loads. Therefore, just because you train super heavy does not mean you are going to look like a pro-bodybuilders who use moderate weights because it's all about how many type-2 fibers you possess at birth and how many receptor ssite you have to accept the anabolics you are taking! These top levels guys like Cutler train smart and stimulated the muscle into growing while not destroy themselves with ego lifting. Many top level competitors use lighter weights and higher reps with impeccable form, instead of going past failure on every set. The end result is they stimulate more growth through a series of multiple sets and angles using good form, getting a deep burn and creating a good pump.

Just because you go beyond failure with forced reps or rest-pause training to get a repetition doesn't mean that you have stimulated growth or tapped into more type-2 fibers. This is why I feel routines that teach very low volume are all wrong for intermediate and advanced bodybuilders. It will bring forth certain injury! Take a look at Dorian Yates as an example!
    NOTE: Your primary objective is "not" to focus on getting a certain amount of reps with a certain weight. Your primary objective for building muscle size should be to focus on each rep while feeling the muscle work to the best of your ability. Keep your goal in sight not worrying whether you will make it or not, just stimulate the muscle. Throw away those training journals and learn to train like an advanced top-level bodybuilder!

I have read that the Slingshot method is the best of both worlds and looking for your advice. What is the best way to setup the slingshot around a 4 week cycle for bulking??? You need 8 week reloads and 2 week deloads with all supplements.Any advice would be really appreciated. I tried reading all I could but the more I read the more confused I got. Thanks again

EDIT: I know you advocate 8 week cycles but it seems all the info on TREN/EPI says to run it for only 4 weeks. Also I only bought 4 weeks worth and the substance is now banned
    above

above
    Ronnie thank you so much for the detailed answer! Clear a lot of things up for me!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks a lot ronnie I was slowly comming to this conclusion glad you cleared it up for me. I think what I wAS KINDA deloading in my own way bye switching from the IRON MAN to a 5 day split and thats the strength I was seeing.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Braxton2010 View Post
    Very informative. Thanks Ronnie.

BTW - its nice to meet everyone. I'm new to the website. However, I've started using AAS in '08. I stopped for a minute, but now I'm going back on it. This information is great. Before I was following a 12-week cycle, but not anymore after this. Thanks again.
    Glad I could be of help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by machdiesel View Post
    thanks a lot ronnie i was slowly comming to this conclusion glad you cleared it up for me. I think what i was kinda deloading in my own way bye switching from the iron man to a 5 day split and thats the strength i was seeing.
    yes!

ylfcm is offline Junior Member
    If you can possibly start your reload overseas. Most gains are made during 8 week reloads so extending deloads past 2 weeks is not optimal. After much more than 2 weeks of deloading (reducing hormonal levels and/or training volume) the body will begin to reach homeostastis-hence muscle/strength gains will be on the decline.
    Thanks for reply , Much appreciated.

Ylfcm

Ron

If I'm not mistaken, you recommend to take clomid 50mg twice a day, that means 100mg/ed, is there a lot of difference between just taking 50mg/day and 100mg/day?
    Isn't 100mg too high? causing more frequent tracers, emotional rollercoaster, and really bad acne breakout?
    If someone cannot stand taking 100mg of clomid for prolonged period of time (say for example the entire month of pct), what other alternative can this person do?
    Also is it better to split the dose morning and night, or just taking the entire dose once a day is fine?

One other thing, I don't think you ever commented anything about frontloading of long ester (or i might have missed it?), but what are your thoughts about it? Is it a waste of time and gear, or it could be useful to really optimize the first 8 week of reload when using injectables only?
    Last edited by Coca Cola; 03-09-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel. View Post
    Ron, thanks so much for your help. Could you please lay out a full 20 week blast/cycle for me in complete detail, describing what steroids in what amounts? I already learned what pct to use from this thread.

My goals are quality size and strength gains, and I would like to harden/shred up some too. I don't mind injecting or stacking or orals.
    From what I've learned so far, maybe test-e plus winny? I'm not sure, you lay it out please. I just want to know exactly what to order and not f**k anything up.

I've done one prior six week cycle of h-drol as my history.

I'm 5'7'', 190 at about 15% bf if that helps

Should I have an AI on hand? Which one is best?

Also, since I'm trying to shed some fat, would it be a good idea to include clen in my blast??

Thanks a ton.
    I think it would best for you to post a 20 week cycle you'd like to try and let me critique it as needed because cycles can have many variables according to cycle history, etc. I'm sure you have some sort of idea by now as to what you plan to do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    Ron

If I'm not mistaken, you recommend to take clomid 50mg twice a day, that means 100mg/ed, is there a lot of difference between just taking 50mg/day and 100mg/day? I do not think so for most people but I say 100 mgs just to be aggressive Isn't 100mg too high? Some people do well on this dosage but some must use less due to side effects.causing more frequent tracers, emotional rollercoaster, and really bad acne breakout? maybe. maybe not. Just depends on the person. If someone cannot stand taking 100mg of clomid for prolonged period of time (say for example the entire month of pct), what other alternative can this person do? take 50 mgs of clomid for only 2 weeks. Or you could skip the clomid altogether and just use nolvadex and hcg . Clomid makes a great addition but it's not mandatory. In fact, HCG is the only one that is mandatory because it gets your body to start producing its own natural test once again. I've known people to skip both the nolvadex and clomid and do just fine with hcg alone. Nolvadex is used to reduce estrogen levels but what you want to remember is once the anabolic steroids clear your system they are no longer increasing estrogen. However, hcg does in fact increase estrogen so its a good plan to use nolvadex if possible just not mandatory Understand? Also is it better to split the dose morning and night, or just taking the entire dose once a day is fine? once a day

One other thing, I don't think you ever commented anything about frontloading of long ester (or i might have missed it?), but what are your thoughts about it? Is it a waste of time and gear, or it could be useful to really optimize the first 8 week of reload when using injectables only a few of my clients front load with large dosages of injectables during the first 2-4 weeks but it always brings forth more side effects (usually higher blood pressure and lethargicness). To answer your question, front loading with injectables is effective but you can pay a price.
    Answers above..

Archangel. is offline Banned
    I think it would best for you to post a 20 week cycle you'd like to try and let me critique it as needed because cycles can have many variables according to cycle history, etc. I'm sure you have some sort of idea by now as to what you plan to do.
    I was thinking definitely test-e at 500/week split into two injections 3.5 days apart for my first 8 week reload, then 250/week for my first deload.
    Then 750/week for my second 8 week reload, followed by 250/week for my second deload.
    Then 4 weeks of PCT starting week 21 using your recommended doses from this thread of nolva and HCG . I know you suggest clomid, but I'm opting out of that.
    Having said that, is there anything else I could/should add to the above? My goals are to reduce my bf% and HOPEFULLY put on some quality size and strength. The reason I was thinking of just doing the test, is because I have never ran test before so it would be nice to know how well it works for me, is that a good idea? Should I add another compound?
    Also, the test I have is 350/ml, so I'm a little confused on how to draw out 250, 500, and 750, can you help with this?
    Thanks Ron

Your best macronutrient break down... please...

Yellow is offline Associate Member
    Hi Ronnie,

I am planning to start my 20 weeks slingshot cycle on 4th of April.

I am going to use HCG 250IU twice a week during the cycle from week 2 to week 20.
    Could you tell me how I can determine whether the HCG dose that I am taking per week throughout the cycle is enough?
    Is it determined by the shrinkage of balls?

The basic guidelines is 250IU twice per week but there are some people use 500IU twice a week or 250IU three times a week during the cycle.

Thank You Very Much for your explanation, ronnie...
    GBU..

garythompson is offline Associate Member
    I know that losing weight (fat) doesn't mean a decrease in amount of fat cells, just a reduction in size of the fat cells; so would taking HGH increase the amount of muscle fibers in the body? What exactly grows while on HGH?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel. View Post
    I was thinking definitely test-e at 500/week split into two injections 3.5 days apart for my first 8 week reload, then 250/week for my first deload.
    Then 750/week for my second 8 week reload, followed by 250/week for my second deload.
    Then 4 weeks of PCT starting week 21 using your recommended doses from this thread of nolva and HCG . I know you suggest clomid, but I'm opting out of that. thats fine
    Having said that, is there anything else I could/should add to the above? It looks great for first time test cycle. My goals are to reduce my bf% and HOPEFULLY put on some quality size and strength. The reason I was thinking of just doing the test, is because I have never ran test before so it would be nice to know how well it works for me, is that a good idea? Should I add another compound? noAlso, the test I have is 350/ml, so I'm a little confused on how to draw out 250, 500, and 750, can you help with this? keep it simple. use 2 ccs during first 8 week reload divided into two weekly injections. use 1 cc during 1st deload. During phase 2-2nd reload do 33cs of test per week. draw 1 1/2 ccs into syringe twice a week. 2nd delaod will be 1cc. I know this goes above 500 mgs on first reload and 750 during 2nd reload but just do it anyways. Thats the best advice I can offer you.
    Thanks Ron
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    Your best macronutrient break down... please...
    I can tell you that 6-12 work sets per body part once a week is ideal for everyone. But, this question about protein/carbs/fats is impossible for anyone to answer!

When dieting down I've had people get hard as nails on 300 carbs or more per day while others had to reach ketosis level (40 carbs or less) to obtain the same results.

When gaining mass some of my clients have gone as high as 6-800 carbs per day while others had to eat mostly protein, higher fats and lower carbs in order to prevent excess fat gains.

NOTE: People with a fast metabolism produce less insulin meaning they require more carbs to promote anabolism or prevent catabolism. People with slow metabolisms produce more insulin naturally meaning they require fewer carbs to do the same. The best plan for all body types is to eat enough protein to promote anabolism or hold onto muscle mass depending on whether you are trying to gain or diet down. Keep carbs as high as possible while still be able to gain size without experiencing excess fat accumulations or when dieting down eat as many carbs as possible while still being able to lose body fat. More carbs equals more energy. Endomorphs require very few carbs to maintain energy levels for training and daily functions. Ectomorphs and mesomorphs require more carbs to maintain energy levels for training and daily functions. above

I can tell you that 6-12 work sets per body part once a week is ideal for everyone. But, this question about protein/carbs/fats is impossible for anyone to answer!

When dieting down I've had people get hard as nails on 300 carbs or more per day while others had to reach ketosis level (40 carbs or less) to obtain the same results.

When gaining mass some of my clients have gone as high as 6-800 carbs per day while others had to eat mostly protein, higher fats and lower carbs in order to prevent excess fat gains.

NOTE: People with a fast metabolism produce less insulin meaning they require more carbs to promote anabolism or prevent catabolism. People with slow metabolisms produce more insulin naturally meaning they require fewer carbs to do the same. The best plan for all body types is to eat enough protein to promote anabolism or hold onto muscle mass depending on whether you are trying to gain or diet down. Keep carbs as high as possible while still be able to gain size without experiencing excess fat accumulations or when dieting down eat as many carbs as possible while still being able to lose body fat. More carbs equals more energy. Endomorphs require very few carbs to maintain energy levels for training and daily functions. Ectomorphs and mesomorphs require more carbs to maintain energy levels for training and daily functions. above
    gotcha...are there any steroids ...make veins increase in size???

D_iamond is offline Junior Member
    edited. Please read our rules

Pt

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Ronnie, is this the only info available for dieting while Slingshot training? I thought I remembered reading more diet info a while back,.

**Sorry if this has already been answered, I didn't want to look through nearly 600 posts.

RELOAD DIET: During a reload you will need to increase protein! Do not exceed around 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight during a reload!

DELOAD DIET: During a deload less protein is needed. Protein intake will need to be reduced by 1 gram per pound of body weight. During a deload you will need to keep calories the same (maintenance level) so growth can occur or be maintained. Use mostly healthy dietary fats like olive oil and ***** 3's from various nuts and smart balance peanut butter to replace the protein calories that have been removed. However, carbs can remain the same in order to spare the lesser amounts of protein being taken in but if you need to get leaner before the next reload reduce the carbs. Reaching a sticking point after an 8 week reload is normal. The best way to overcome sticking points is by changing your routine with a deload. The reduced protein intake during a deload will improve insulin sensitivity because less protein will be converetd over to glucose and non-stop anabolic usage has been suggested to cause insulin resistance. When more protein/carbs are added during the next reload more amino acids will have the opportunity to be accepted by muscle cells when they are being broken down the most!

Carbs vs fats: In regards to the best diet plan for your body type you must figure out whether you do better on higher carbs or higher fats then go from there. Protein always remains high! If you do better on carbs then keep the fats lower. On the other hand, if you do better on less carbs and more fats keep the carbs lower. Some of you with a very fast metabolism may do better utilizing both a high carb and high fat diet. In that case it's good practiced to alternate protein/carb meals with mostly protein

Mr.Westizm is offline New Member
    Hey ronnie, im new to this site and whole era of making my body look and feel better.
    I am going on a "2cc Test 400 and 2cc Deca 300 weekly" and "2 cap dbol daily" cycle. It is my first ever cycle and i am excited but looking to get a little bit more info. It looks like alot of the people on here know much more than I, so i was wondering...
    1. my diet plan is a bit confusing, do you have any suggestions? and
    2. i have been told it would be beneficial to stay on this routine for 10 weeks and then a clenbuterol / clomid/ nolvadex for the last 4 weeks... i am a bit confused, do you have any advice?
    I appreciate the time,
    Mike

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Diamond your post is not allowed and you need to edit it asap. In the future if your second guessing whether or not your post is against board rules or not its probably best not to post it or run it by a mod first.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    H
    You need to edit your post ASAP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garythompson View Post
    I know that losing weight (fat) doesn't mean a decrease in amount of fat cells, just a reduction in size of the fat cells; so would taking HGH increase the amount of muscle fibers in the body? What exactly grows while on HGH?
    GH increases the size of existing muscle fibers (hypertrophy) and it creates more muscle fibers (hyperplasia). It also rebuilds connective tissue to some degree.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Hi Ronnie,

I am planning to start my 20 weeks slingshot cycle on 4th of April.

I am going to use HCG 250IU twice a week during the cycle from week 2 to week 20. GOOD APPROACH
    Could you tell me how I can determine whether the HCG dose that I am taking per week throughout the cycle is enough?
    Is it determined by the shrinkage of balls? Stick to the basic guidelines that have a proven track record as visually analyzing the size of your testicles is poor method of judging testicular function. The size of your testicles is not directly related to the ability to secrete testosterone because the leydig cells make up only around 10% of your testicles size. Your testicles could be only 10% smaller in size while at the same time losing their ability to produce testosterone by 5%. You can not judge testosterone secretion by the size of your testicles!

The basic guidelines is 250IU twice per week but there are some people use 500IU twice a week or 250IU three times a week during the cycle.

Thank You Very Much for your explanation, ronnie...
    GBU..
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fig View Post
    Ronnie, is this the only info available for dieting while Slingshot training? I thought I remembered reading more diet info a while back,.

**Sorry if this has already been answered, I didn't want to look through nearly 600 posts.
    Are you looking or more information pertaining to bulking or cutting?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Westizm View Post
    Hey ronnie, im new to this site and whole era of making my body look and feel better.
    I am going on a "2cc Test 400 and 2cc Deca 300 weekly" and "2 cap dbol daily" cycle. It is my first ever cycle and i am excited but looking to get a little bit more info. It looks like alot of the people on here know much more than I, so i was wondering...
    1. my diet plan is a bit confusing, do you have any suggestions? and
    2. i have been told it would be beneficial to stay on this routine for 10 weeks and then a clenbuterol / clomid/ nolvadex for the last 4 weeks... i am a bit confused, do you have any advice?
    I appreciate the time,
    Mike
    Forget d-bol, clen and use nolva/clomid ptc.. You need to do a 20 week cycle consisting of 2 phases-

PHASE 1
    8 WEEK RELOD- 600 MGS OF TEST
    2 WEEK DELOAD-300 MGS OF TEST

PHASE 2
    8 WEEK RELOAD 600 MGS OF TEST/400 MGS OF DECA
    2 WEEK DELOAD 300 MGS OF TEST

Diet is simple-1) 6 meals per day with 50 grams of protein 2) take in enough clean carbs to fuel training and a little extra to get through daily activites- "varies according to ones metabolism and activity level", 3) the rest are fats (especially healthy fats)!
    WEEK 21 START PCT

Thread Information