Page 41 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,640 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=BJJ;5318491]Hey Ronnie did you miss my question? It was answered in post 1551. I just forgot to highlight some of it. Sorry about that! Here's the post-
    Quote Originally Posted by bjj View Post
    do you think that only 2 weeks would refresh my receptors to have the best results in the second load? yes, 2 weeks is plenty! Now if you had been on 6-12 months straight i would say it would be a good idea to deload for 4 weeks.

why not 4 weeks? What do i have to lose? WHAT YOU HAVE TO LOSE IS GROWING TIME. UNECCESARY TIME SPENT DELOADING IS TIME YOU AREN'T GROWING MUSCLE TO THE MAX. IT'S DURING THE RELOAD YOU MAKE THE MOST GAINS. 2 WEEK DELOADS SIMPLY SET UP AN ENVIROMENT SO THAT YOU CAN BECOME ANABOLIC ONCE AGAIN FOR ANOTHER 8 WEEKS. Since you are using growth hormone you could get by with 4 weeks without losing any muscle. But, 4 weeks is not needed at this point and the extra 2 weeks is time you could spend making improvements. All you have to lose is -"improvements"![/quote]above
    above

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=chrisx;5319165]Allright Ron I plan on doing 500mg of test for first reload then 750mg for 2nd reload. For the first DEload I wanted to take hcg at 500iu a week for those 2 weeks, then 500iu ed for 14 days in pct. What do you think about that?? I like this a lot![/QUOTE]above

chrisx is offline New Member
    Ron why do some people take Aromasin in pct along with hcg and Nolva? Is it necessary?

[QUOTE=Ronnie Rowland;5319715]
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Allright Ron I plan on doing 500mg of test for first reload then 750mg for 2nd reload. For the first DEload I wanted to take hcg at 500iu a week for those 2 weeks, then 500iu ed for 14 days in pct. What do you think about that?? I like this a lot![/QUOTE]above
    THANK YOU!!

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

HCG on 2nd Deload/Reload

Hi Ron,
    I've been on a 12 week 400 mg Test C/400 mg Deca Cycle I started before I'd read your thread. On week 5 I started using HCG at 125 iu's 2xweek. At week 6 I increased the Test to 800 mg and left the Deca at 400 mg. I also added Proviron at week 8 at 100 mg to aid with some mild ED problems I was having. I know I was kind of all over the place this time around, but I've made some excellent progress so far. I end my 8 week Deload on Sept. 3rd. I'm going to bridge the thing with 200 mg Test C for 2 weeks, then do my next Reload with 1g Test/600 mg Deca/100 mg Proviron ed, then PCT.
    What should I do with the HCG during the Deload and following Reload? Also, what would you suggest for the Proviron dosage (I really like what this stuff is doing for me!!)? I know your busy man, so take your time. Your opinion is invaluable. Also, would it be okay to switch to Test E for the second Reload? I can get that a bit cheaper, but if it's better to stick with Cyp, that's what I will do.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    [QUOTE=Ronnie Rowland;5319707]
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Hey Ronnie did you miss my question? It was answered in post 1551. I just forgot to highlight some of it. Sorry about that! Here's the post-above
    I understood.
    Thank you very much indeed.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=chrisx;5319738]Ron why do some people take Aromasin in pct along with hcg and Nolva? They take aromasin in conjuction with the nolvadex to take care of the estrogen rebound that can occur when coming off nolvadex. Remember, it's when coming off the nolvadex that gyno can rear it's ugly head. Is it necessary? I would recommend using aromasin for a week after coming off nolvadex to take are of estrogen rebound but using aromasin alone for PCT will suffice. I see no value in running both nolva and aromasin together. QUOTE]above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    Hi Ron,
    I've been on a 12 week 400 mg Test C/400 mg Deca Cycle I started before I'd read your thread. On week 5 I started using HCG at 125 iu's 2xweek. At week 6 I increased the Test to 800 mg and left the Deca at 400 mg. I also added Proviron at week 8 at 100 mg to aid with some mild ED problems I was having. I know I was kind of all over the place this time around, but I've made some excellent progress so far. I end my 8 week Deload on Sept. 3rd. You mean 8 week reload, correct? I'm going to bridge the thing with 200 mg Test C for 2 weeks, then do my next Reload with 1g Test/600 mg Deca/100 mg Proviron ed, then PCT.
    What should I do with the HCG during the Deload and following Reload? How you run HCG is a personal decision as there are several ways to do it. If you want kids in the future and plan to keep reloading quite a bit I would run 250-500 hcg per week during both deloads and reloads. If not, just do HCG at 2500 mgs per week for two weeks when you come off cycle. Also, what would you suggest for the Proviron dosage (I really like what this stuff is doing for me!!)? I would stay at 100 mgs of proviron ever day since it's working! I would not exceed 150 mgs per day.I know your busy man, so take your time. Your opinion is invaluable. Also, would it be okay to switch to Test E for the second Reload? Yes, test is test. I can get that a bit cheaper, but if it's better to stick with Cyp, that's what I will do.
    above

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I need to preview my posts. I meant Reload. I will run the HCG as you suggest. Thanks a million.

[QUOTE=Ronnie Rowland;5320368]
    Ron why do some people take Aromasin in pct along with hcg and Nolva? They take aromasin in conjuction with the nolvadex to take care of the estrogen rebound that can occur when coming off nolvadex. Remember, it's when coming off the nolvadex that gyno can rear it's ugly head. Is it necessary? I would recommend using aromasin for a week after coming off nolvadex to take are of estrogen rebound but using aromasin alone for PCT will suffice. I see no value in running both nolva and aromasin together. QUOTE]above
    So pct will look like this..
    Hcg 500iu for 14days
    Nolv 20/20/20/20
    Aromasin week 5 ??

If that is what your recommending what dosages for Aro?

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member
    Hey ronnie...

Instead of doing the Test E , tren n dbol ..im gonna run my cycle like this

minimum dosages to see how i respond...im keepin deca in the background for its effects at a low dosage...

500 test 1-8
    300mg deca 1-8
    400 Eq 1-8

deload (bridge) 9-10
    250 test
    300 deca (should i only bridge with test?)

reload 11-18

750 test e (or should i jump to 1000)
    300mg deca
    600 eq (should i stay at 400?)
    deload

then pct or reload...haven't decided

what do u think...please feel free to change what u think is best...

ive been on EQ for 3 weeks and see vascularity, but after reading tons of posts of how is SUCKS and does nothing, i wanted to drop it, but then an another board, everyone said its great...so i figured why not combine both deca and eq and not waste the EQ i have already invested in my body...or do u think i should just drop the EQ totally and just do deca...also the other boards do not agree with ur Slingshot theory and are telling me its gonna screw my hormones up...either way, im gonna try it out because the traditional ways of cycling don't seem great regardless

thanks
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 08-19-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=chrisx;5320840]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post

Hcg 500iu for 14days
    Nolv 20/20/20/20 (use nolvadex for 2 weeks only along with hcg)
    Aromasin week 5 ?? take it during weeks 3 and 4!
    If that is what your recommending what dosages for Aro?2.5 ml per day
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleaser View Post
    hey ronnie...

Instead of doing the test e , tren n dbol ..im gonna run my cycle like this

minimum dosages to see how i respond...im keepin deca in the background for its effects at a low dosage...you may need some proviron and caber with the long term deca usage
    500 test 1-8
    300mg deca 1-8
    400 eq 1-8

deload (bridge) 9-10
    250 test
    300 deca (should i only bridge with test?) yes, drop deca

reload 11-18

750 test e (or should i jump to 1000) go to 1 gram unless you decide to use tren and/or d-bol during 2nd reload300mg deca
    600 eq (should i stay at 400?) most need 800-1000 to notice anything with eq. I'm not a big eq fan as it causes anxiety for many
    deload

then pct or reload...haven't decided pct if you want kids
    what do u think...please feel free to change what u think is best...

Ive been on eq for 3 weeks and see vascularity, but after reading tons of posts of how is sucks and does nothing, i wanted to drop it, but then an another board, everyone said its great...for the board where "everyone" said EQ was great, i would stear clear! so i figured why not combine both deca and eq and not waste the eq i have already invested in my body...or do u think i should just drop the eq totally and just do deca...combine them both. Also the other boards do not agree with ur slingshot theory and are telling me its gonna screw my hormones up. THEY HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER USED SLINGSHOT TRAINING! .either way, im gonna try it out because the traditional ways of cycling don't seem great regardless anytime you run steroids you screw up your hormones to some extent! Beware of kids, etc, on these boards who think they know it all. You'd be surprised to find out who some of these people really are who hide behind a computer. Some post fake pics up of themselves and make up stuff to try and look impressive. Some think by putting others down it makes them look smarter. Always keep that in mind!

My information is based on experience. Unfortunately, much of what you are being told on these boards is hogwash. They probably just want you to join their board so they can sell you something or want to look big in front of their internet buddies. The reason most pro-bodybuilder's stay off the boards is because they are not going to waste their time arguing with phonies.

note: Keep it simple and steer clear of these boards telling you such because they are clueless! Let me repeat. Anytime you use steroids you get your hormones out of whack. Obviously it hits some much harder than others!
    thanks
    above

oker is offline Associate Member
    how many days per week can you train on a consistent basis?
    Sorry I've been out of town - so not enough? I could increase the days. Pls offer any suggestion you have. Problem is I can't get to a gym (in the outer suburbs of BKK) and only have free weights at home so have to make do with what I have. Thanks Ronnie for your time

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Ronnie

For bent-over rows, is it better to use underhand grip, or overhand grip?

Blog Entries
    I was hoping you could advise me on my Reload/Deload split. I had some volume issues that I think I solved with this Reload. It's working pretty good so far anyway!

The thing is, I train in my own Gym and don't have a Smith machine or cross-over cables or a full set of dumbells (yet). I have an incline/decline bench with leg extension/leg curl attachment, reversible Preacher attachment, Olympic Bar, EZ Bar, Pull up/Dip stand and a couple of old Dumbells for Laterals and what you see on my workout sheet. I also have an elliptical cardio machine. After my Deload I will have a full set of dumbells, ready for the next Reload. I was wondering what you thought of my proposed Deload (I feel like there are volume issues here), and what you might change in the next Reload considering I'll have the dumbells by then.

Here's what I'm currently doing Reload-wise.

8 WEEK RELOAD
    Mon - Chest/Shoulders -Flat Bench Press 3 x 4-6,8,10 Incline Bench 3 x 8,8,9 - Decline bench - Prep Set, 3 x 8,9,10- - Shoulders - Vert Rows 3 x 4-6,8,10 Side Laterals 3 x 8,9,10 Rear Laterals 3 x 8,9,10 AM Cardio 30 Min

Tues - Back - Wide Grip pull ups 3 x 12,10,9 - EZ Bar Pull-overs 3 x 6,8,10 - Bent Over Wide Grip Rows Prep Set, 4 x 4-6,8,9,10 - Supported one hand Rows 3 x 8,8,10 - Deadlift, Prep, 3 x 2-4,6,8 Shrugs 6 x 8,9,10,11,12,13 AM Cardio 30 Min

Wed - Abs - Weighted Decline situps 4 x 16,13,10,9 Weighted crunchs 4 x 20,16,14,12 - Leg raises 3 x Failure AM Cardio 30 Min

Thurs - Legs - Squats, Prep Set, 4 x 4-6,8,9,8 Leg Extensions 4 x 7,8,8,8 Leg Curls 4 x 8,9,9,10 Standing Calf Raises 6 x 14,12,12,10 AM Cardio 30 Min

Fri - Arms -Spider Barbell Curls 4 x 8,9,10,12 - Hammer Curls 3 x 8,9,10 - EZ Bar Preacher Curls 3 x 8,9,10 - Triceps - Decline Skull Crushers 4 x 8,9,10,12 - Over Head Tricep Extensions 3 x 6,8,10 Dips 3 x Failure No Cardio

Sat - OFF

Sun - 30 Min Cardio

This is my proposed Deload.

2 WEEK DELOAD
    Mon - Chest/Triceps -Flat Bench Press 2 x 4-6,8 Incline Bench 2 x 8,12 - Decline bench 2 x 8,12 Triceps - Decline Skull Crushers 2 x 8,9 - Over Head Triceps Extensions 2 x 6,8 Dips 2 x Failure AM Cardio 30 Min
    Tues - OFF
    Wed - Back/Biceps - Wide Grip pull ups 2 x 12,10 - EZ Bar Pull-overs 2 x 6,8,10 - Bent Over Wide Grip Rows Prep Set, 2 x 4-6,10 - Supported one hand Rows 1 x 8-10 - Deadlift, Prep, 2 x 2-4,8 Shrugs 3 x 8,9,10 Spider Barbell Curls 2 x 8,9 - Hammer Curls 2 x 8,9 - EZ Bar Preacher Curls 2 x 8,9 AM Cardio 30 Min
    Thurs - OFF
    Fri -Legs/ Shoulders/Abs -Legs - Squats, Prep Set, 2 x 4-6,8 Leg Extensions 2 x 7,8 Leg Curls 2 x 8,9 Standing Calf Raises 2 x 14,12 Shoulders - Military Press 2 x 4-6,12 Side Laterals 2 x 8,12 Rear Laterals 2 x 8,12 Abs - Weighted Decline sit ups 2 x 16,12 Weighted crunches 2 x 20,16 - Leg raises 2 x Failure AM Cardio 30 Min
    Sat - OFF
    Sun - AM Cardio 30 Min

Thanks a lot Ronnie.

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member
    ok well in terms of the EQ, i dont get any sides from it, or havent before...

do u really think its necessary i need to bump up to 800-1000...

and my real question is does EQ evey help build any muscle at all or is it indeed worthless as a steroid ...

the reason why i even added EQ and DECA was to get the synergy i have read about...I really want to focus my gains by using test, so it seems i should be increasing testto 1g a week on the reload...

im using the eq to get vascular and lean, which i hope iwll lower the bloat(if any) from the deca...and im using the deca to get lubed joints and the benefits from usingit at a lose dose...

i want most my muscle buidling to come from test...

make sense?...otherwise ill just drop the EQ and use the deca at 600mg a week in the reload, but ive read many people talk about how awesome these two compounds are together
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 08-20-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    Ronnie

For bent-over rows, is it better to use underhand grip, or overhand grip? I use se both! Overhand grip for more upper/mid lat development and underhand for more lower/mid lat development.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    ok well in terms of the EQ, i dont get any sides from it, or havent before...

do u really think its necessary i need to bump up to 800-1000...yes

and my real question is does EQ evey help build any muscle at all or is it indeed worthless as a steroid ...It helps build some muscle when ran at higher dosages (800-1000 mgs per week)
    the reason why i even added EQ and DECA was to get the synergy i have read about...I really want to focus my gains by using test, so it seems i should be increasing testto 1g a week on the reload...I would go 1 gram with test.

im using the eq to get vascular and lean, which i hope iwll lower the bloat(if any) from the deca...and im using the deca to get lubed joints and the benefits from usingit at a lose dose...EQ does not decrease bloat from deca and it's diet that mostly increases vascularity. Remember, test also increases red blood cell count as does deca.
    i want most my muscle buidling to come from test...I agree!

make sense?...otherwise ill just drop the EQ and use the deca at 600mg a week in the reload, but ive read many people talk about how awesome these two compounds are together. Since you had no sides with eq try running both but keep test at 1000 and eq at 800-1000. I would run deca at 2-300. 600-1 gram of deca per week works great but I'll take a sex drive over muscle gains any day of the week!
    above

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    above
    When you use overhand grip barbell rows, do you pull the bar higher towards your lower chest to hit more of the upper back, or do you pull to the waist just like when using underhand grip?

Hcg 500iu for 14days
    Nolv 20/20/20/20 (use nolvadex for 2 weeks only along with hcg)Aromasin week 5 ?? take it during weeks 3 and 4!

Ron so are you suggesting PCT should be...

Weeks 1-2 Nolva 20mg a day along with hcg 500iu per day
    Weeks 3-4 Aromasin 2.5mg a day??

If that is what your suggesting are you sure this pct is sufficient enough? I thought Nolva was a MINIMUM of 4 weeks? Or do I have something wrong here?

V8Assassin is offline Junior Member
    I am at the end of a test/winny cycle and have noticed signs of gyno. My nips have become sensitive recently, I have always had small lumps under them since I was a kid. They are not tender at all and have not increased in size.

Stopped using the winny four weeks ago and have been using test en and cyp with a small amount of equipose. to finish the cyle. Last week was the last injection, had a light workout week this week planning on starting pct tuesday (14 days from last injection). Last inject was 320mg en and 320mg cyp with 150mg equipose. Pct planned was hcg for 14 days, clomid for 14 days. I am planning on starting another 8 week cycle of en,cyp,equipose and possibly deca as soon as the pct is over. Up to 450mg of en, 450mg of cyp, 300mg of equipose and 300mg of deca. I will be adding 2ius ed of red top thanktropin as well to help with down time. Depending on reaction to the growth I may increase up to 4ius ed

My question is this, will this reverse the gyno? Should I run something else to help reverse it? And, if starting the next cycle, should I keep running something else to stop/reverse the gyno? If so what?

I found the Slingshot Training System here a couple of weeks ago and decided it was exactly what I have been looking for. I am 36 yrs old, 6'2", 250lb around 12%bf. The plan is to prime/deload over the next couple of weeks and get ready for a big blast and to run reload/deload twice before a four week prime/deload and to continue this pattern of two reload/deload followed by a prime/deload for six complete revolutions.

Blog Entries
    Hcg 500iu for 14days 500iu per day!
    Nolv 20/20/20/20 (use nolvadex for 2 weeks only along with hcg)Aromasin week 5 ?? take it during weeks 3 and 4!

Ron so are you suggesting PCT should be...

Weeks 1-2 Nolva 20mg a day along with hcg 500iu per day yes
    Weeks 3-4 Aromasin 2.5mg a day??yes

If that is what your suggesting are you sure this pct is sufficient enough? yes I thought Nolva was a MINIMUM of 4 weeks? only 2 weeks of nolvadex is needed if aromasin is added in it's place during weeks 3-4! Or do I have something wrong here?
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    I was hoping you could advise me on my Reload/Deload split. I had some volume issues that I think I solved with this Reload. It's working pretty good so far anyway!

The thing is, I train in my own Gym and don't have a Smith machine or cross-over cables or a full set of dumbells (yet). I have an incline/decline bench with leg extension/leg curl attachment, reversible Preacher attachment, Olympic Bar, EZ Bar, Pull up/Dip stand and a couple of old Dumbells for Laterals and what you see on my workout sheet. I also have an elliptical cardio machine. After my Deload I will have a full set of dumbells, ready for the next Reload. I was wondering what you thought of my proposed Deload (I feel like there are volume issues here), and what you might change in the next Reload considering I'll have the dumbells by then.

Here's what I'm currently doing Reload-wise.

8 WEEK RELOAD
    Mon - Chest/Shoulders -Flat Bench Press 3 x 4-6,8,10 Incline Bench 3 x 8,8,9 - Decline bench - Prep Set, 3 x 8,9,10- - Shoulders - Vert Rows 3 x 4-6,8,10 Side Laterals 3 x 8,9,10 Rear Laterals 3 x 8,9,10 AM Cardio 30 Min ( do not train chest and shoulders on the same day when training each body part once a week as it can put too much strain on the rotator cuffs! No prep set is needed for decline because you are already warmed up!
    Tues - Back - Wide Grip pull ups 3 x 12,10,9 - EZ Bar Pull-overs 3 x 6,8,10 - Bent Over Wide Grip Rows Prep Set, 4 x 4-6,8,9,10 - Supported one hand Rows 3 x 8,8,10 - Deadlift, Prep, 3 x 2-4,6,8 Shrugs 6 x 8,9,10,11,12,13 AM Cardio 30 Min

Wed - Abs - Weighted Decline situps 4 x 16,13,10,9 Weighted crunchs 4 x 20,16,14,12 - Leg raises 3 x Failure AM Cardio 30 Min

Thurs - Legs - Squats, Prep Set, 4 x 4-6,8,9,8 Leg Extensions 4 x 7,8,8,8 Leg Curls 4 x 8,9,9,10 Standing Calf Raises 6 x 14,12,12,10 AM Cardio 30 Min do 6 sets of sqauts and only 3 sets of leg ext. increase leg curls to 6 sets.
    Fri - Arms -Spider Barbell Curls 4 x 8,9,10,12 - Hammer Curls 3 x 8,9,10 - EZ Bar Preacher Curls 3 x 8,9,10 - Triceps - Decline Skull Crushers 4 x 8,9,10,12 - Over Head Tricep Extensions 3 x 6,8,10 Dips 3 x Failure No Cardio do hammer curls at the end of your bicep routine. never do cardio on leg day and keep cardio at no more than 3 times per week.Sat - OFF

Sun - 30 Min Cardio

This is my proposed Deload.

2 WEEK DELOAD perform higher reps (10-15) during deloadsMon - Chest/Triceps -Flat Bench Press 2 x 4-6,8 Incline Bench 2 x 8,12 - Decline bench 2 x 8,12 Triceps - Decline Skull Crushers 2 x 8,9 - Over Head Triceps Extensions 2 x 6,8 Dips 2 x Failure AM Cardio 30 Min
    Tues - OFF
    Wed - Back/Biceps - Wide Grip pull ups 2 x 12,10 - EZ Bar Pull-overs 2 x 6,8,10 - Bent Over Wide Grip Rows Prep Set, 2 x 4-6,10 - Supported one hand Rows 1 x 8-10 - Deadlift, Prep, 2 x 2-4,8 Shrugs 3 x 8,9,10 Spider Barbell Curls 2 x 8,9 - Hammer Curls 2 x 8,9 - EZ Bar Preacher Curls 2 x 8,9 AM Cardio 30 Min
    Thurs - OFF
    Fri -Legs/ Shoulders/Abs -Legs - Squats, Prep Set, 2 x 4-6,8 Leg Extensions 2 x 7,8 Leg Curls 2 x 8,9 Standing Calf Raises 2 x 14,12 Shoulders - Military Press 2 x 4-6,12 Side Laterals 2 x 8,12 Rear Laterals 2 x 8,12 Abs - Weighted Decline sit ups 2 x 16,12 Weighted crunches 2 x 20,16 - Leg raises 2 x Failure AM Cardio 30 Min
    Sat - OFF
    Sun - AM Cardio 30 Min

Thanks a lot Ronnie.
    above

Blog Entries

Attention: Advanced bodybuilder's

Some of the people I have helped on this thread are newbies and this post is not directed to them. This post is for those of you who are more advanced and are looking to make the most out of your training sessions.

As you become more advanced, it's important to alternate your training every week. My suggestion is to steer clear of fancy training methods that can injure you such as rest-pause and strip sets. A much better and safer way to periodize your workouts in my 26 years of being a personal trainer is to alternate higher volume (higher sets, higher reps) with lower volume (lower sets, lower reps) every other week. Keep rest periods between sets about the same. If you have ever tried doing high reps on leg day you'll know that trying to move faster between sets won't cut it! The reason I like this periodization plan the most is because it's the simpliest and most effective way to further enhance muscle growth at an intermediate to advanced level without becoming injured or over-trained.

Here's an example of how to train chest:

Higher volume/higher reps Week 1:
    Incline press 4 sets of 10-15 reps
    Decline press 4 sets of 10-15 reps
    Flat bench dumbell press 4 sets of 10-15 reps

Lower volume/lower reps Week 2:
    Incline press 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    Decline press 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    Flat bench dumbell press 2 sets of 6-8 reps

Week 3: Repeat week 1 and so forth!

creactiveprotein is offline New Member
    Some of the people I have helped on this thread are newbies and this post is not directed to them. This post is for those of you who are more advanced and are looking to make the most out of your training sessions.

As you become more advanced, it's important to alternate your training every week. My suggestion is to steer clear of fancy training methods that can injure you such as rest-pause and strip sets. A much better and safer way to periodize your workouts in my 26 years of being a personal trainer is to alternate higher volume (higher sets, higher reps) with lower volume (lower sets, lower reps) every other week. Keep rest periods between sets about the same. If you have ever tried doing high reps on leg day you'll know that trying to move faster between sets won't cut it! The reason I like this periodization plan the most is because it's the simpliest and most effective way to further enhance muscle growth at an intermediate to advanced level without becoming injured or over-trained.

thanks ronnie, can you please post the best exercises for the rest of the body parts?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ronnie, I'll adjust. When do you think I should do shoulders? I was doing them on Wed along with Abs. Should I switch back to that?

delta1111 is offline Associate Member

Hi Ronnie,

I would also like to see a full list of excersises for each body part being trained once per week on the higher and lower volume routine.

Along with your STS system I have been trying a routine of 4 weeks high volume and then 4 weeks lower volume and have done 4 weeks of each so far. It does seem to be working in terms of making progress. Do you think bringing it down to every other week work well for me? What do you think of doing 2 weeks at a time? and does changing every other week work in conjunction with STS? You have always said that you train using lower volume and heavy sets during the 8 week reload, then during the 2 week deload use higher volume and light sets. Is this correct? and doesn't this contradict the every other week method?
    Many thanks

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Ronnie,

I am 5 weeks into a course of HGH which I intend to use for 6 months. I'm also taking steriods using the STS regime throughout this time. Because of the cost of HGH, I can only afford to take 4ius ed. Now I know from research that i'm not going to see massive gains from this dose, but just really wanted to see how I respond. I also know that it can take upto 3 months to start seeing results from HGH. My question is, if it takes 3 months to start seeing results and say I decide after 3 months I wasn't happy with my results, so I wanted to start taking more, then does this mean that I have to wait another 3 months to start seeing results of the increased dose? or will I see results sooner? and if so why?
    Many thanks.

this shit works wonders guys...I like staying with 9 sets on chest per each workout ronnie......i do... however... alternate weekly between high reps...n...low reps...volume stays the same...thanks for teaching me bro!!!!!

Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    Ronnie, I just ended my last training cycle (where I trained a body part once every 7 days) early due to making horrible gains in size and strength. I think I'm going to try training a body part once every 4-5 days instead of my usual 7 days. Here it is:

3 days a week weightlifting routine (Mon, Weds, Fri ABA BAB):

*I will do this routine for 8 weeks (the first 2 weeks will be a submax runup than 6 weeks of pushing the weights). I do all exercises with reps of 8-10 keeping the same weight each set with a weight that I can do atleast 8 reps but can't do for more than 10 reps. I progress the weights when I can do all sets with 10 reps. All sets listed are work sets to failure (I stop when I complete a rep and I know I can't get the next rep). I warm up properly and stretch out before, during, and after working out. I do warm up sets when needed. I don't have a specific rest time between sets or exercises. I just move on to the next set or exercise when I feel I'm ready. After my workout I drink a PWO shake consisting of 50 g whey protein and 100 g dextrose. I'm not doing any cardio at this time as I'm looking to bulk up as much as I can.

A

1. Flat db bench press 3x8-10
    2. Wide grip lat pulldowns to the front 3x8-10
    3. Low incline dumbbell bench press 2x8-10
    4. Bent over two arm db rows to chest with elbows flared (to take lats out of movement) 2x8-10
    5. Seated db lateral raises 3x8-10
    6. Tricep pushdowns (v-bar) 1x8-10
    7. Standing db curls 1x8-10

B

1. Sled hack squat machine 3x8-10
    2. Lying leg curls 3x8-10
    3. Standing calf raises 3x8-10
    4. Lying crunch machine 2x8-10

Ronnie, my man, what do you think?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by creactiveprotein View Post
    thanks ronnie, can you please post the best exercises for the rest of the body parts? It can be a little different for each person due to biomechanics and previous injuries. You have to use what works best for you and always keep in the basic exercises!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vascular vince View Post
    this shit works wonders guys...i like staying with 9 sets on chest per each workout ronnie......i do... However... Alternate weekly between high reps...n...low reps...volume stays the same...thanks for teaching me bro!!!!! my wife and i use the same approach. The only thing that changes every other week is how many reps we do. Work sets performed and exercises used remain the same week-in/week- out.
    above

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    hi ronnie, after letro use would aromasin be the best option to prevent estrogen rebound? and if so how long for and at what dose, also after the use of aromasin can arimidex be used again during cycle? thanks

frankie_12 is offline New Member

first cycle

i've been looking at all these forums and you really know what your talking about and i was wondering if i could get your help..

i'm 22 yrs old and have been training since i was 18.. i still carry a small amount of body fat. i am 6ft and weigh about 155 lbs.. i want to start my first cycle but im not sure what gear to get..

i want to get bigger but also get ripped and be defined and just want to know what you suggest...

thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coca Cola View Post
    When you use overhand grip barbell rows, do you pull the bar higher towards your lower chest to hit more of the upper back, or do you pull to the waist just like when using underhand grip? You pull the bar higher towards lower chest!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1111 View Post
    Hi Ronnie,

I would also like to see a full list of excersises for each body part being trained once per week on the higher and lower volume routine.

Along with your STS system I have been trying a routine of 4 weeks high volume and then 4 weeks lower volume and have done 4 weeks of each so far. It does seem to be working in terms of making progress. Do you think bringing it down to every other week work well for me? Both ways work, so to answer your question- yes every other week will work as well. What do you think of doing 2 weeks at a time? Changing up every two weeks also works just don't delaod until after 8 weeks of hard training. I have found that changing the reps every other week (not work sets performed) works best for me personally in terms of increasing hypertrophy! and does changing every other week work in conjunction with STS? yes! You have always said that you train using lower volume and heavy sets during the 8 week reload, then during the 2 week deload use higher volume and light sets. Is this correct? No! You use more volume during reloads and less volume and high reps during deloads. It takes more volume and heavy weight loads to make maximum muscle gains. and doesn't this contradict the every other week method? Absolutely not!Many thanks
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie_12 View Post
    i've been looking at all these forums and you really know what your talking about and i was wondering if i could get your help..

i'm 22 yrs old and have been training since i was 18.. i still carry a small amount of body fat. i am 6ft and weigh about 155 lbs.. i want to start my first cycle but im not sure what gear to get..

i want to get bigger but also get ripped and be defined and just want to know what you suggest...500 mgs of test-e or test-c would be idea once you start. At 6ft you should gain more weight before thinking about using steroids. I think more protein and overall calories from fats/carbs is in order!
    thanks
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    hi ronnie, after letro use would aromasin be the best option to prevent estrogen rebound? yes! and if so how long for and at what dose, also after the use of aromasin can arimidex be used again during cycle? i answered this same question in an above post. Use aromasin at 2.5 mgs per day for 2 weeks after having used nolvadex for 2 weeks at 20-40 mgs per day. And yes, arimidex can be used during next cycle. thanks
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn View Post
    Ronnie, I just ended my last training cycle (where I trained a body part once every 7 days) early due to making horrible gains in size and strength. I think I'm going to try training a body part once every 4-5 days instead of my usual 7 days. Here it is:

3 days a week weightlifting routine (Mon, Weds, Fri ABA BAB):

*I will do this routine for 8 weeks (the first 2 weeks will be a submax runup than 6 weeks of pushing the weights). I do all exercises with reps of 8-10 keeping the same weight each set with a weight that I can do atleast 8 reps but can't do for more than 10 reps. I progress the weights when I can do all sets with 10 reps. All sets listed are work sets to failure (I stop when I complete a rep and I know I can't get the next rep). I warm up properly and stretch out before, during, and after working out. I do warm up sets when needed. I don't have a specific rest time between sets or exercises. I just move on to the next set or exercise when I feel I'm ready. After my workout I drink a PWO shake consisting of 50 g whey protein and 100 g dextrose. I'm not doing any cardio at this time as I'm looking to bulk up as much as I can.

A

1. Flat db bench press 3x8-10
    2. Wide grip lat pulldowns to the front 3x8-10
    3. Low incline dumbbell bench press 2x8-10
    4. Bent over two arm db rows to chest with elbows flared (to take lats out of movement) 2x8-10
    5. Seated db lateral raises 3x8-10
    6. Tricep pushdowns (v-bar) 1x8-10
    7. Standing db curls 1x8-10

B

1. Sled hack squat machine 3x8-10
    2. Lying leg curls 3x8-10
    3. Standing calf raises 3x8-10
    4. Lying crunch machine 2x8-10

Ronnie, my man, what do you think? Please do not take this wrong but now I can see why you made such poor gains last time around. This set up is very poor for bodybuilding! If you want more size you must do more volume. Bodybuilding is not about breaking lifting records but rather doing enough volume to break down muscle tissue and allowing time for the body to rebuild. Try 4 sets per body part using 2 exercises for each body part. Your training split for day 1 has too many body parts!
    above

Thread Information