Page 45 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,800 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Boomer24 is offline New Member
    Holy sh*t! This was is an awesome find a week before kicking off my next cycle. After reading this I'm going to give slingshot a chance. Thanks for putting the time into this thread Ron,
    huge props dude!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    Ronnie I work in a warehouse for a fast food chain on the west coast. I spend anywhere from 5-7 hours picking up items weighing 20-50 lbs. I want to lean out during the holiday season (we cant request time off due to the increased volume). as such its the perfect time to diet since I wont have the holiday distractions.

I have read this sticky and your full STS sticky. Based on what you have said I cant figure out if it would be better to protein/fat or protein/carb to help me lean out. In the past I have run low carb because I had a desk job. Now though due to the physical nature of my work I am unsure if staying low carb/high fat is the way to go or vice versa. In general it's best to go high protein, medium fats and low carbs. I have found if I dont eat enough carbs then by the 6 hour mark I start to get jittery and nausea, which usually entails me chugging some soda in the break room to get blood sugar back up, which is why I am leaning towards protein/carb. However, could that be avoided if I just ate more fat? You could go with high protein, moderate carbs and low fats but first I would try high protein, adding in more fats as you mentioned and keep carbs low (around 150 grams) to see how you do. If that does not work try the moderate carb/low fat approach. Also, take most of your fats in during the morning, at lunch and at night before going to bed if you go the low carb route. If you take the moderate carb route take in most of your fats during breakfast and at night.
    Which would be best to keep blood sugar levels the stablest and allow me to lean out? The best approach can vary depending on metabolism and energy expedenture. With your job description you may find that you need to reduce both fats and carbs in equal measures to keep blood sugar stable. In other words, just reduce both macronutrients slightly (250 cals a piece) every 2-3 weeks until you begin to lose weight.

Im 26, 6'1", 273, 20% bodyfat, 7 years training, 5 serious. I have been running 300mg Test E since June as a base. Did a 6 week Mdrol cycle in June, 50mg/ed. Right now Im on a 4 week Hdrol cycle, 200mg/ed, that I will be finishing in 9 days.. Starting mid-October I will be running two eight week blasts of 300mg Tren E on top of the 300mg Test E. I would increase the dosages during the second 8 week reload. Take test to 600 mgs and the tren can go to 400 or remain the same.Thanks.
    above

Steve.O is offline Junior Member
    im realy considering tryin this method of reloading and deloadin. my main concern is that at this time of my life is it ok to do it? im25 and also tryin for a baby. this method ronnie that u have created realy makes sence to me as i have 2friends duin a similiar method now with ther cycling which requires that they are on aas almost constantly. they arnt doin it as well fort out as this but they are cruisin and then boostin with anabolics. the point im tryin to make is the 2 friends i have seem to be makjn regular progress and are gettin realy huge. im not a bad size myself but i fully agree with the statement u said using the term YO YOING. im not sayin im not gaining with what im doin now. but ido believe my 2friends have now surpassed me on the weighing scales. i believe the way they were going about usin ther steroids was all wrong and dangerous. but is this the way to get realy big? is it too dangerous for sumone wantin to create a family. i would love to be as BIG as possible. could you please enlighten me. i would like to think i was intelligent enough to know the answer to this. but i would love to hear your opinion THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR TIME AND EFFORT
    steve.o

darkcrayz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    above
    awesome thank you.

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.O View Post
    and also tryin for a baby.
    While anabolic steroids present many dangers to the user, and may be
    hazardous to the fetus if the mother takes them, there is no proven
    link between male steroid use and birth defects in the children
    fathered by steroid users. However, in one study of bodybuilders who
    took steroids, fewer than 1 in 5 had normal spermatozoa. The main
    risk, as far as pregnancy is concerned, is that reduced sperm count
    and inferior sperm quality may make it difficult for you to become
    pregnant.

"The purpose of this study was to assess the influence of the
    administration of high doses of androgenic anabolic steroids (AAS) on
    endocrine and semen parameters. Thirty volunteering bodybuilders were
    studied (ages ranging between 26.6 +/- 41 years). A history of
    anabolic steroid administration was recorded for fifteen subjects, and
    results of semen analysis and endocrine parameters were compared with
    data from fifteen bodybuilders not using steroids. In those subjects
    using AAS, eight had sperm counts under the lower normal limit (20 x
    10(6) sperm/ml), three had azoospermia, two polyzoospermia, and two
    had normal sperm counts. The percentage of morphologically normal
    sperm was significantly reduced, only 17.7% had normal spermatozoa."

Effect of androgenic anabolic steroids on sperm quality and serum
    hormone levels in adult male bodybuilders.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

Lucky for me, I'm ugly enough that noone wants to have my child. . Whores for me all the way .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.o View Post
    im realy considering tryin this method of reloading and deloadin. My main concern is that at this time of my life is it ok to do it? Im25 and also tryin for a babymet. if you are trying to have a baby please get off all anabolics!!! this hod ronnie that u have created realy makes sence to me as i have 2friends duin a similiar method now with ther cycling which requires that they are on aas almost constantly. They arnt doin it as well fort out as this but they are cruisin and then boostin with anabolics. The point im tryin to make is the 2 friends i have seem to be makjn regular progress and are gettin realy huge. Im not a bad size myself but i fully agree with the statement u said using the term yo yoing. Im not sayin im not gaining with what im doin now. But ido believe my 2friends have now surpassed me on the weighing scales. I believe the way they were going about usin ther steroids was all wrong and dangerous. But is this the way to get realy big the best way to get big and stay big is to stay on almost year round! is it too dangerous for sumone wantin to create a family. I would love to be as big as possible. Could you please enlighten me. I would like to think i was intelligent enough to know the answer to this. But i would love to hear your opinion thankyou for all your time and effort
    steve.o
    aboveabove

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomguy View Post
    while anabolic steroids present many dangers to the user, and may be
    hazardous to the fetus if the mother takes them, there is no proven
    link between male steroid use and birth defects in the children
    fathered by steroid users. However, in one study of bodybuilders who
    took steroids, fewer than 1 in 5 had normal spermatozoa. The main
    risk, as far as pregnancy is concerned, is that reduced sperm count
    and inferior sperm quality may make it difficult for you to become
    pregnant.

"the purpose of this study was to assess the influence of the
    administration of high doses of androgenic anabolic steroids (aas) on
    endocrine and semen parameters. Thirty volunteering bodybuilders were
    studied (ages ranging between 26.6 +/- 41 years). A history of
    anabolic steroid administration was recorded for fifteen subjects, and
    results of semen analysis and endocrine parameters were compared with
    data from fifteen bodybuilders not using steroids. in those subjects
    using aas, eight had sperm counts under the lower normal limit (20 x
    10(6) sperm/ml), three had azoospermia, two polyzoospermia, and two
    had normal sperm counts. The percentage of morphologically normal
    sperm was significantly reduced, only 17.7% had normal spermatozoa."

effect of androgenic anabolic steroids on sperm quality and serum
    hormone levels in adult male bodybuilders.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=abstract

lucky for me, i'm ugly enough that noone wants to have my child. . Whores for me all the way .
    i have read this study. My concerns for him having nothing to do with birth defects as steroids do not cause such. My concern is the possibility of him becoming infertile while using steroids and not being able to get his wife pregnant. I would wait and get on a cycle after she becomes pregnant.

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey Ronnie, I think you missed my post (1750) which is no big deal, I think you would have said personal choice.

Anyway, I started the reload on Monday and everything is going alright. I dropped weight on OH rows and dead lift with minimal pain in the shoulders. I am having some numbness in my right arm and hand when it's put in certain positions (like while I'm typing this!) I didn't do shrugs this week as the aching seems to travel back and forth between the shoulders just under the traps.

Last night I did legs and switched from box squats to olympic squats and there by dropped 65 lb. in weight. This morning I have some aching but I think overall it's better than it was last week. Do you think this is alright as long as it doesn't get worse?

Thanks for everything Ron. I'll post some before, during and after pics on Monday. I think your gonna like it, although I'm sure you won't be as surprised as I am...!!

jacko15 is offline New Member
    jacko15

hi guys, has anyone got any info on anapolon,Winny & clen & milk thistle.all tablet form,which i will be starting in couple of months,such as best way to take, and what order,I've done roids before, a few years ago,iam 38 years,& 17 stone.

all responses are welcomed & appreciated

jacko15 is offline New Member
    Anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland
    i have read this study. My concerns for him having nothing to do with birth defects as steroids do not cause such. My concern is the possibility of him becoming infertile while using steroids and not being able to get his wife pregnant. I would wait and get on a cycle after she becomes pregnant.
    Very good advice. Didn't mean to hijack your thread, just thought I'd give him a heads up on having no sperm before he did himself in .

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    Ive read your thread and you obv know what your on about and its a great thread but how come the forum stickys reccomend test e 1-12 500mgs pw?obv these people are educated in using steroids so why wouldnt they mention that its best to up the dose at week 8?ive done 2 test e cycles and currently on 3rd 500mg pw 1-12 and had good gains,im very interested in what you are saying and obv want to get the most out of my cycle so what do you recomend i up the doses to after week 8 if i want to do a 12 week cycle..if this works and i notice better results this time around,im very keen on giving this system a go that you reccomend next time around..thanks nathan.

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member
    Ronnie...going on the deload phase, i must say, i could actually FEEL my body getting used to the Drugs at week 8, and literally WANTING to deload lol...I will be deloading for 2 weeks tomm and getting the much needed break from my intensive training lol...

anyway,

As i said posted before, right now I am currently on 2ius of Norditropin Nordilet HGH pharm grade obviously....I did this because I was taking Riptropin 5ius for 6 months and wasn't impressed...and I was sick of hearing how the Chinese brands were not reliable so i decided to take Pharm grade to see for myself self...

I have only been on for 2 weeks, and havnet noticed anything except maybe some water retention and lethargy...however, my one friend took Nutropin AQ only 1iu a day and noticed in 2 months MASSIVE amounts of BF loss...and he stated in 2 weeks he noticed ALOT of energy and noticable changes...He is a little old than me, about 30 years old...

I am 26, and i wonder if it is even worth it to take GH....I have already been seeing massive gains just on AAS and slingshot, i was thinking maybe I dont even need GH anymore...I am also eating 8 meals a day, which has def helped as well...THe only reason why i was taking it was for fatloss and just maintain healthy skin/anti aging...Another reason why i was debating dropping GH, was not only the cost of Pharm grade, the fact that Id like to achieve an "arnold like" body, like the golden age of bodybuilding, and those times, none of them took gh from what i have read about arnold and his crew...it wasn't till later that GH become a rage...

which came me to the idea to try IGF1 LR3, instead of paying thousands on GH, why not go right ot he source of GH and do it PWO...

what are you opinions of IGF1?...how would u reccomend taking it....theres just so much literature opposing it and or saying its great...just tired of all the contradiciting crap out there i figured id ask you lol...I took IGF1 LR3 one time years ago but i didn't take it right since i was ignorant about eveyrthing at the time...what do u think?

thanks ron

bub77 is offline Junior Member
    wow this is some good stuff i will print it out and it will be my work out bible thx!!!!

Blog Entries

Wink Will catch up soon!

I plan on catching up on everyones questions sometime this week. I've been extremely busy again.

Thank you,
    Ronnie

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    ronnie, what do you think of this approach (its abit of a read though!)
    http://www.area9.net/other/78329_01/...ling_part1.htm

Maronn is offline New Member
    Hi Ronnie,

I finally approach you with a question which really bothers me for many years. Like I posted before I've been workibg out for more than 15yr now. I used to play basketball on a nearly pro level for almost 20 years. I'd had many injuries and problems with tendons., muscles. ligaments etc.

My problem is or have been for many years. When ever I come to a specific weight or lift a specific weight I really get serious problems with my tendons etc., although the weight I lift is not heavy AT ALL. I train similar to the routine you propose (e.g. heaviest weight in the first set with 4-6 reps, afterwards around 8 reps, mainly free weights etc.)). So I like doing only 6.8 reps, because this give me the best results. Now I'm suffering shoulder problem again and maybe it is time to change my workout routine, although this style works best for me. When I do pyramid style, starting with more reps, i feel even like loosing muscles/strenght...

What what you suggest me to do. I thought about doing slower reps (Hit-Style), lets say at least 4 sec for the neg phase and more reps (10-12). Or should I give a pyramid another chance (maybe I did it wrong). With the pyramid, when should I start to go till muscle failure? Even in the first set with, let's say 20 reps? Or only when I'm in the < 15 reps area?

Or do you have any other trainingsmethod which would be appropriate?

Is there a specific supplement which will help me with my problems (strenghens my tendons etc or reduce inflammation in natural way)?

Many thanks for your advise!

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Interesting read.

ronnie...why is it that when i add d-bol to my test...i get bigger..stronger..leaner..seeing that all steroids hit the same receptor sites???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    Hey Ronnie, I think you missed my post (1750) which is no big deal, I think you would have said personal choice.

Anyway, I started the reload on Monday and everything is going alright. I dropped weight on OH rows and dead lift with minimal pain in the shoulders. I am having some numbness in my right arm and hand when it's put in certain positions (like while I'm typing this!) I didn't do shrugs this week as the aching seems to travel back and forth between the shoulders just under the traps. Since your arm and hand is going numb it sounds like you may have a bulging disk in your cervical spine ( probably c-5/c-6 area.) I would ease off before it becomes herniated and requires surgical intervention. Cortisone shots can be quite effective for alleviating this kind of pain by shrinking the swelling that;s irritating the near by the nerve roots. I would see a doctor to be on the safe side.Last night I did legs and switched from box squats to olympic squats and there by dropped 65 lb. in weight. This morning I have some aching but I think overall it's better than it was last week. Do you think this is alright as long as it doesn't get worse? I would lay-off until the swelling subsides. Better safe than sorry!
    Thanks for everything Ron. I'll post some before, during and after pics on Monday. I think your gonna like it, although I'm sure you won't be as surprised as I am...!!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nath78 View Post
    Ive read your thread and you obv know what your on about and its a great thread but how come the forum stickys reccomend test e 1-12 500mgs pw?obv these people are educated in using steroids so why wouldnt they mention that its best to up the dose at week 8? Yes, there are several well educated people on this site (especially all our vets). No one agrees on everything. I am only relaying information that I have learned as a personal trainer for over 26 years. It all works, I am just letting others know what I have found to work best. ive done 2 test e cycles and currently on 3rd 500mg pw 1-12 and had good gains,im very interested in what you are saying and obv want to get the most out of my cycle so what do you recomend i up the doses to after week 8 if i want to do a 12 week cycle. If you do not deload for 2 weeks I would say to at least double the dosage the remaining 4.if this works and i notice better results this time around,im very keen on giving this system a go that you reccomend next time around..thanks nathan.
    above

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    I am about to use your slingshot method because truly you are an inspiration, you have the patience to answer so many questions positively and offer real advice. You are a good man and a huge man haha keep it up. I ran a bulking cycle for 8 weeks, and have just been cruising on test so far (on HRT) I am also tapering off t3s so I can wait to recover my thyroid, I thought I was going to cut after my bulker but realized I will keep bulking through winter and cut in summer. However how long after I ended my previous bulk can I try your slingshot method and notice good results. Is 45 days after sufficient, which is when I might notice my thyroid fully recovered.

Blog Entries
    Well, here it is... The first one is me before my equipment came May maybe, not sure . The second one is from July 17th. These last three are from last week. Got my diet under control... What do you guys think as far as BF%? I'm 6'2" 239 lb. I was about 255-260.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You'll want to read this!-028.jpg   You'll want to read this!-img_0993.jpg   You'll want to read this!-img_1174.jpg   You'll want to read this!-img_1171.jpg   You'll want to read this!-img_1164.jpg  

Last edited by The Titan99; 09-28-2010 at 02:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    I feel like my arms are lagging. I do 3 warm up sets of BB curls (because of a ligament injury that is almost healed. I used to do 3 x hammers at the end of my biceps workout), 4 x spider curls, 3 x preacher curls. For Tris I do 4 x skull crushers, 3 x upright seat tri extensions, 3 x weighted dips. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You'll want to read this!-img_1173.jpg   You'll want to read this!-img_1172.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    Ronnie...going on the deload phase, i must say, i could actually FEEL my body getting used to the Drugs at week 8, and literally WANTING to deload lol...I will be deloading for 2 weeks tomm and getting the much needed break from my intensive training lol...

anyway,

As i said posted before, right now I am currently on 2ius of Norditropin Nordilet HGH pharm grade obviously....I did this because I was taking Riptropin 5ius for 6 months and wasn't impressed...and I was sick of hearing how the Chinese brands were not reliable so i decided to take Pharm grade to see for myself self...

I have only been on for 2 weeks, and havnet noticed anything except maybe some water retention and lethargy...however, my one friend took Nutropin AQ only 1iu a day and noticed in 2 months MASSIVE amounts of BF loss...and he stated in 2 weeks he noticed ALOT of energy and noticable changes...He is a little old than me, about 30 years old...

I am 26, and i wonder if it is even worth it to take GH....I have already been seeing massive gains just on AAS and slingshot, i was thinking maybe I dont even need GH anymore...I am also eating 8 meals a day, which has def helped as well...THe only reason why i was taking it was for fatloss and just maintain healthy skin/anti aging...Another reason why i was debating dropping GH, was not only the cost of Pharm grade, the fact that Id like to achieve an "arnold like" body, like the golden age of bodybuilding, and those times, none of them took gh from what i have read about arnold and his crew...it wasn't till later that GH become a rage...

which came me to the idea to try IGF1 LR3, instead of paying thousands on GH, why not go right ot he source of GH and do it PWO...

what are you opinions of IGF1?...how would u reccomend taking it....theres just so much literature opposing it and or saying its great...just tired of all the contradiciting crap out there i figured id ask you lol...I took IGF1 LR3 one time years ago but i didn't take it right since i was ignorant about eveyrthing at the time...what do u think?

thanks ron
    IGF1 LR3 does the same thing as IGF-1. The only difference is that IGF1 LR3 releases slower,thus hanging around receptor sites for longer. IGF-1 like GH increases muscle size through (hyperplasia). When IGF-1 is combined with GH you get a synergistic effect. In test subjects strength levels on various compound exercises increased by 5 to 15 percent by mixing the two compounds.

IGF-1 can provide you with similar muscle building effects of insulin without some of the dangerous risks. And if you use IGF-1 with insulin post workout you'll need to use about half as much insulin as it makes the insulin more potent. Large doses of growth hormone can cause internal organs to grow. According to studies, IGF-1, unlike GH, does not increase the size of your organs to the same degree as GH. The advantage of using GH over IGF-1 is fat loss! IGF-1 actually has a better affinity to adhere to muscle cells, while GH finds a way to attach to bone and organ cells at a higher rate.

You might opt to use 50 of IGF-1 ed or 25 eod during mass building phases. If you use too much IGF-1 ed the receptors become descentized. Once you decide to get ripped you might change over to GH.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    ronnie, what do you think of this approach (its abit of a read though!)
    http://www.area9.net/other/78329_01/...ling_part1.htm
    I do not care for it as a whole. Anyone who promotes the use of DNP is out in left field. Pros steer clear of this dangerous drug! Also, straight sets are best for added size (just ask Branch Warren) not pre-exhaustion and such. T-3 is for cutting not for gaining mass! Cyadren (a cortisol reducing drug) is very dangerous and should never be used IMO. HCG protocol a little odd. Using clomid on a cycle is not good IMO.

I did agree with 8 week cycles and how it's good to reduce dosages for a couple of weeks before hitting it hard again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maronn View Post
    hi ronnie,

i finally approach you with a question which really bothers me for many years. Like i posted before i've been workibg out for more than 15yr now. I used to play basketball on a nearly pro level for almost 20 years. I'd had many injuries and problems with tendons., muscles. Ligaments etc.

My problem is or have been for many years. When ever i come to a specific weight or lift a specific weight i really get serious problems with my tendons etc., although the weight i lift is not heavy at all. I train similar to the routine you propose (e.g. Heaviest weight in the first set with 4-6 reps, afterwards around 8 reps, mainly free weights etc.)). So i like doing only 6.8 reps, because this give me the best results. Now i'm suffering shoulder problem again and maybe it is time to change my workout routine, although this style works best for me. When i do pyramid style, starting with more reps, i feel even like loosing muscles/strenght...my suggestion is to not use free weights for shoulder presses but rather use a machine like the hammer presses. Do leaning uni-lateral lateral raises and see if this helps your shoulder pain as well. Free weigths make you use the stabilizing muscle in shoulder-hence causing further irritation. For chest avoid flat bench and standard inclines. In place of these use smith machine and a 10 degree decline and finish with 10 degree incline. Use cable only for biceps and tricep exercises and use wraps on tricep exercises.what what you suggest me to do. I thought about doing slower reps (hit-style), lets say at least 4 sec for the neg phase and more reps (10-12). 10-15! or should i give a pyramid another chance (maybe i did it wrong). With the pyramid, when should i start to go till muscle failure? Even in the first set with, let's say 20 reps? Or only when i'm in the < 15 reps area? do reverse slingshot pyramiding where you start out with higher reps and less weight and progress forward in doing less reps and more weight(if needed) at the end. For example: 15,12,10.
    or do you have any other trainingsmethod which would be appropriate?

Is there a specific supplement which will help me with my problems (strenghens my tendons etc or reduce inflammation in natural way)?glucosamine/chondrointin for cartliage and hyaluronic acid for increasing synovinal fluid many thanks for your advise!
    above

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member
    IGF1 LR3 does the same thing as IGF-1. The only difference is that IGF1 LR3 releases slower,thus hanging around receptor sites for longer. IGF-1 like GH increases muscle size through (hyperplasia). When IGF-1 is combined with GH you get a synergistic effect. In test subjects strength levels on various compound exercises increased by 5 to 15 percent by mixing the two compounds.

IGF-1 can provide you with similar muscle building effects of insulin without some of the dangerous risks. And if you use IGF-1 with insulin post workout you'll need to use about half as much insulin as it makes the insulin more potent. Large doses of growth hormone can cause internal organs to grow. According to studies, IGF-1, unlike GH, does not increase the size of your organs to the same degree as GH. The advantage of using GH over IGF-1 is fat loss! IGF-1 actually has a better affinity to adhere to muscle cells, while GH finds a way to attach to bone and organ cells at a higher rate.

You might opt to use 50 of IGF-1 ed or 25 eod during mass building phases. If you use too much IGF-1 ed the receptors become descentized. Once you decide to get ripped you might change over to GH.
    well ron, i think it makes more sense to go with IGF-1... im only 26 and like i said, i think GH is pointless unless I'm taking 8-10ius for muscle gain...I can lose fat in cheaper ways...besides, alot of people report losing fat with IGf1

the whole thing is tho is that ive done tons of research on LR3 and some people swear by it and others say all it is is a GDA... i did take Lr3 years ago but it was i was young and stupid..so im willing to try it again...

do u think it needs to be shot bilaterally?...LR3 is supposed to float around all over so what would that point be?

from what i read, since its LR3, does it really matter whether its IM or SUBq, i would think logically it doesn't matter... ? new research that ive read claims its does not cause localized growth but some swear it is...

If it is indeed some what localized growth i was thinking that maybe if i shot SUb Q in the skin layler "over" the muscle worked maybe i can get best of both worlds LOL...(just a theory)..what do u think of that..?

I did read that alot of people were saying if it does cause Locailized growth that shooting it Sub q at the abdomen would cause a gut...again, if that was true, then my Sub Q over the muscle worked would probably be a great new way to take IGF1

what are your thoughts and answers on all this...

I was thinking of getting 2000mcgs and taking 50ed PWO with the best method of injections, 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off, all year

by the way, i am on deload, LOVE the break my body needs its....I just want to say thanks for your time in answering all of our questions and also, helping us all change our lives in the ways we approach bodybuilding...

thank you
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 09-28-2010 at 09:06 PM.

shennen is offline Associate Member
    Hey Ronnie,
    Im currently running a sust cycle for 12 weeks, going on week 11. I started with 1500mg/wk for 5 weeks, then went down to 750mg/wk until this point. This is my first cycle, and I didnt get much reading done before starting, but ive been hot on the research lately and am wondering if the high dosage was just wasted because my body didnt have the receptors to accomadate that large a dose? Or was 5 weeks enough time for it to build enough?

Also, I planned on doing a 12 week cycle and pcting until my next. Having read this thread though, id like to continue gaining with your slingshot method. Id be using test p for the next reload after a deload and prime. I know sust is a long ester so if I stop all anabolics like you say for deload, then the sust will still be running in me for that time, so would it be more effective to wait out another, longer amount of time? like four weeks?

Sloppy but it would look like
    Sust wk 1-12 (Still gaining on this cycle and have sust left so figure id finish the 12 weeks)
    Deload 12-14(or 16?)
    Reload Weeks 14(16)-22(24) test p
    Deload/Powerhouse PCT

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Very quick question. STS Cycles using a long estered AAS like Enanthate or Decanoate. Even if you completely stop or lower the dosage after week 8 in weeks 9-10, due to the half lives of those esters it's only affecting 10.5/13 days respectively later on. If I lowered my Test from let's say 500mg to 250mg for those two weeks, I can't see how it would produce an instant drop in actual blood levels since I'll still have the active half lives from 16 previous injections added together during weeks 9-10. The 250mg I drop to would actually affect weeks later on. Now for short esters like propionate this would make sense, but when using long esters, couldn't I just keep the mg dose the same for the first 10 weeks, and then just jack the dose up ~2x for the last 8 weeks?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    ronnie...why is it that when i add d-bol to my test...i get bigger..stronger..leaner..seeing that all steroids hit the same receptor sites???
    While all steroids basically activate the same receptor site, there can be a benefit to adding an oral with a long acting injectable like test-e. First, you are probably increasing androgens further than what you are doing with test alone due to running out of injection sites or your unwillingness to go through more painful injections. Pinning high dosages can get old quick and running out of injection sites is a possibility for some when mega dosages are being utilized. Secondly, the test-e provides sustained levels of androgens where as a fast acting oral such as d-bol helps with spiking growth factors due to it's conversion by the liver.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    I feel like my arms are lagging. I do 3 warm up sets of BB curls (because of a ligament injury that is almost healed. I used to do 3 x hammers at the end of my biceps workout), 4 x spider curls, 3 x preacher curls. For Tris I do 4 x skull crushers, 3 x upright seat tri extensions, 3 x weighted dips. Any thoughts?
    Your pictures look good! Around 9 intense sets for triceps is ideal. I would substitute dips for tricep pushdowns with a bar in order to work the outer head and give your triceps a wide appearance. I would skip preacher curls and do incline seated dumbbell curls or standing ez barbell curls instead. 3 sets for 3 exercises is good for both biceps and triceps! How are your elbows feeling with these exercises?

Maronn is offline New Member
    above

Many thanks. By the way, my shoulder problems are an inflammation of the supraspinatus tendon.

I was worried and kind of expected your answer... :-). The thing is, I don't like, for example, cable exercises for biceps. I don't really get any "tension" in my muscle. But maybe it would be a good idea to start with one cable exercise and then continue from that (kind of pre-exhaustion, which I actually never do)!?? I do not gain muscles very easily and not using the basic exercices (and using machines, cables instead.) will probably not help me. But I have to do something... What about slow reps? My thought is that I need less weight and even get more tension in my muscles. Any maybe I can stick to the free weights...

Regarding your slingshot pyramiding. This mean I will do 2 warm up sets and thant start with set 1 and 12 reps to good failure, right?

Regarding my inflammation of the supraspinatus tendon, are there any other exercises I should avoid. Actually with the inflammation nearly every exercise hurts but are there any exercies I should totally avoid in the future (I agree with benchpress particular incline bp because this hurt the most)

Right now I'm just doing my leg workout. Do think I can add at least triceps as there is not much shoulder involved (of course no dips, french presses).

Sorry for that many questions but I am a bit desperate right now...

Thanks, have a great weekend!

While all steroids basically activate the same receptor site, there can be a benefit to adding an oral with a long acting injectable like test-e. First, you are probably increasing androgens further than what you are doing with test alone due to running out of injection sites or your unwillingness to go through more painful injections. Pinning high dosages can get old quick and running out of injection sites is a possibility for some when mega dosages are being utilized. Secondly, the test-e provides sustained levels of androgens where as a fast acting oral such as d-bol helps with spiking growth factors due to it's conversion by the liver.
    thank you again big ron...the knowledge you share is simply amazing!!!

i just read in muscular development.... that a long term study proved hypertrophy is maxed out... after only 6 work sets. i recall dave palumbo stating this as well in one of his training seminars i attended,,, back in the day....your thoughts...please!!!!

Blog Entries
    Your pictures look good! Around 9 intense sets for triceps is ideal. I would substitute dips for tricep pushdowns with a bar in order to work the outer head and give your triceps a wide appearance. I would skip preacher curls and do incline seated dumbbell curls or standing ez barbell curls instead. 3 sets for 3 exercises is good for both biceps and triceps! How are your elbows feeling with these exercises?
    I'll drop the preacher curls and do the standingEZ bar curls. I'm waiting on my dumbells to arrive. I don't have access to pulley's or machines (Living on an island) and am adding equipment slowly as I can afford it. I have an Olympic bar, EZ bar One 16 KG dumbell ( 2 18's and 2 20's coming) To be honest my elbows and shoulders are taking a bit of a beating. With the equipment I have, what do you suggest in place of the pushdowns or dips? Any guess at BF%?
    Last edited by The Titan99; 10-04-2010 at 03:48 AM.

blitzkrieg1985 is offline New Member
    Hey ronnie,

this would be second cycle and I'm 5'7", 160 lbs and 12% bf..

what do you think about this cycle:

Week 1-8: Test-e at 500mg/week (reload)

Week 9-10: Test-e at 250mg/week

Week 11-18: Test-e at 1000mg/week(reload)

Week 11:14: Blue hearts at 30mg/week(reload)

Week 19-23: PCT with nolva 20/20/20/20

Thanks!

Cronos is offline Associate Member
    Hello everyone, just wanted to say I love your thread Ron

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Hi Ronnie,
    I'm 40 years old and have been using your STS for a while now, utilising various different compounds. I would'nt consider myself as being fat, but I have a little bit of fat around my hips (love handles) and belly. I consistently train abs every week and I feel that this little bit of fat is preventing my six pack from coming through. What would my best course of action be do you think? I never do any cardio, only weights. Do I need to start doing cardio or look at my diet? If I need to start doing cardio what would you recommend, jogging, swimming, cycling ect? and how often and for how long?
    Thanks

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Ronnie you missed my question in this page.

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Ronnie,
    Does codeine effect protein synthesis?

Thread Information