Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danielli View Post
    TOP, is taking Creatine every day on this diet a waste?
    All the studies i have seen say that creatine needs a transport system(carbohydrates,) and if your carbs are extemely low then i wouldnt think it would shuttle it like it should. Who knows? its so cheap it probably wouldnt hurt. But like ive said before all my creatine is used during the carb load so i can use it at the front of the week for heavy lifts. Also watch certain creatines they are high in carbs.....Cell tech etc....TOP

danielli is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    All the studies i have seen say that creatine needs a transport system(carbohydrates,) and if your carbs are extemely low then i wouldnt think it would shuttle it like it should. Who knows? its so cheap it probably wouldnt hurt. But like ive said before all my creatine is used during the carb load so i can use it at the front of the week for heavy lifts. Also watch certain creatines they are high in carbs.....Cell tech etc....TOP
    What about with Kre Alkalyn creatine, do you still need a trasport for that kind?

Quote Originally Posted by danielli View Post
    What about with Kre Alkalyn creatine, do you still need a trasport for that kind?
    Supposedly this one doesnt need a transport system so if you were to use creatine this one would be the way to go during the week due to the lack of carbohydrates. Good catch danielli..TOP

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    Damn I hope SizeOn is not high in carbs, I was thinking about using that once I lose some BF.I'll have to check into it. Great to know though!

edgarr is offline Member
    This might seem like an odd question but I have my wife trying this diet and now my daughter wants to try it. But she just gave birth 3 1/2 months ago and is breast feeding only. I am not sure if a low carb diet would be good. Of course I told her to check with her doctor before anything but maybe someone here has an opinion??

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    This might seem like an odd question but I have my wife trying this diet and now my daughter wants to try it. But she just gave birth 3 1/2 months ago and is breast feeding only. I am not sure if a low carb diet would be good. Of course I told her to check with her doctor before anything but maybe someone here has an opinion??
    I'd definitely tell her to check with her doc.

I would NOT advocate this diet for pregnant women,breast feeding women,or children.There are way to many things going on in the diet that could effect hormones. Tell her to wait until off breastfeeding for 2 months!...TOP

baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Right now my diet is like this

6am 30g protein/ 41g fat
    9am 30/41
    12pm 30/41
    3pm 30/41
    6pm 30/41
    9pm 30g protein only

180g protein / 205g fats / 744P calories + 1845F calories = Total Cal 2589

Should I switch it to this instead?

6am 30g protein / 51g fat
    9am 30/51
    12pm 30/51
    3pm 30/51
    6pm 30 protein / no fat
    9pm 30 protein / no fat

Thanks Chris ,

Im excited about tomarro. The trainer at my gym is going to bring his digital calipers to the gym tomarro and messure my BF%. It would be nice to know exactly what im at and measure monthly to see if there is progress.

Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    Im excited about tomarro. The trainer at my gym is going to bring his digital calipers to the gym tomarro and messure my BF%. It would be nice to know exactly what im at and measure monthly to see if there is progress.
    awesome let us know how it goes!

6am 30g protein/ 41g fat
    9am 30/41
    12pm 30/41
    3pm 30/41
    6pm 30/41
    9pm 30g protein only

9am 30/51
    12pm 30/51
    3pm 30/51
    6pm 30 protein / no fat
    9pm 30 protein / no fat

Thanks Chris ,
    If it falls under the 30-35%pro/60-65%fat/ it will be fine.

TOP , if that percentage is shown on total calories through out the day or total calories on meal one only?

Thanks
    Chris

edgarr is offline Member

6am 30g protein/ 41g fat
    9am 30/41
    12pm 30/41
    3pm 30/41
    6pm 30/41
    9pm 30g protein only

9am 30/51
    12pm 30/51
    3pm 30/51
    6pm 30 protein / no fat
    9pm 30 protein / no fat

Thanks Chris ,
    what's yout TDEE?

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    TOP , if that percentage is shown on total calories through out the day or total calories on meal one only?

Thanks
    Chris
    throughout the day

what's yout TDEE?
    my tdee is 3013
    my bmr is 1943.9

Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    throughout the day

nice! so i can take just protein the last one or two meals. Is there any benefit to do this? i feel like ive read this a couple months ago.

Yesterday i had a 5 hour energy drink before the gym around 4:30pm. I worked out for an hour and then did cardio for 20min. I ate the right amount of calories all day but had trouble falling asleep. I was still hungry. Very hungry.

What do you guys do when this happens to you? whats the right thing to do on this diet? go to bed hungry , grab a snack , plain celery , drink water? or eat enough protein that will stop the hunger.

Thanks , Chris

edgarr is offline Member
    I take a cassein protein as my last meal. It is a shake and is a slow digesting protien. If you are serious you can wake up trough out the night and eat

I take a cassein protein as my last meal. It is a shake and is a slow digesting protien. If you are serious you can wake up trough out the night and eat
    Only if it fits into your calorie requirements! Dont just get up and eat because you can!

I take a cassein shake as my last meal aswell but last night it did not fill me up. I hope waking up and eating some protein (tuna, chicken, or shake) wont mess up the diet at all.

edgarr is offline Member
    TOP.....first how is your wife doing from her surgery, hope all is well?

In a previous post you say to take 2 pieces of fruit before my whole body workout to kick things off. Are you saying only eat that or would this meal and post workout meal work (assuming the macros fit my requirements)? Thanks

1/2 cup egg whites
    1 scoop whey
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 banana
    Cal 438.5 Protein 49.5 Carbs 45.5 Fat 6.5

w/o

8oz chicken
    1 bagel
    1 banana
    Cal 610 Protein 58 Carbs 86 Fat 3.5

TOP.....first how is your wife doing from her surgery, hope all is well?

In a previous post you say to take 2 pieces of fruit before my whole body workout to kick things off. Are you saying only eat that or would this meal and post workout meal work (assuming the macros fit my requirements)? Thanks

1/2 cup egg whites
    1 scoop whey
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 banana
    Cal 438.5 Protein 49.5 Carbs 45.5 Fat 6.5

w/o

8oz chicken
    1 bagel
    1 banana
    Cal 610 Protein 58 Carbs 86 Fat 3.5

The purpose for the fruit is that it has fructose in it ,which is mainly a liver glycogen filler. You want this to dig further into glycogen and kick you out of ketosis. I would stick to the fruit. Fridays calories are not to be worried with to an extreme, if you are suppose to be taking in 2100 calories well thats gonna fly right out the window on friday due to the excessive amounts of carbohydrates when carb loading...TOP

I still dont think everyone is grasping the concept of the ratio of high fat low protein. I keep seeing posts and getting pms asking if its ok to have 2 scoops of protein 1/2 cup egg whites and some fats.

Let go of the protein!!!!!! Its like its been drilled into your head that you have to have it! In this diet you shouldnt even have to take 1 protein shake.....EVER!

Get away form the egg whites,get away from the expensive powders,they will not make you the next ron coleman! Consistency is what defines you, not powder in a bottle!!

Hey TOP. are Trans or Saturated Fats bad for getting into ketosis?

also, should i stick to keto without being able to do cardio?

my foot is currently broken but should be healed by the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by crazypat123 View Post
    hey top. Are trans or saturated fats bad for getting into ketosis?steer clear of trans fats. Sat fats arent to bad they actually help certain hormones in the body,but try to stick mostly with the good ones.

also, should i stick to keto without being able to do cardio? not sure what you are asking. Are you wanting to know if without cardio will this work? Then yes you can still lose bf without cardio.

my foot is currently broken but should be healed by the end of the monthhow long has it been since injury? How was it treated?. The only reason i ask is because i work in orthopedic sports medicine.
    ~top~

~top~
    it was a week ago from today, i broke it from getting mad and kicking a ceramic flower pot as hard as i could haha, all they did was x-ray it and confirm a break and put me in an air cast for 6 weeks. they said it was like near a growth plate in the middle of my foot lined up with my pinky toe

also thanks for answering my questions, that helped allot!

it was a week ago from today, i broke it from getting mad and kicking a ceramic flower pot as hard as i could haha, all they did was x-ray it and confirm a break and put me in an air cast for 6 weeks. they said it was like near a growth plate in the middle of my foot lined up with my pinky toe

also thanks for answering my questions, that helped allot!
    If they said you had a fracture near your growth plate you must be young! How old are you?

18 years old
    Last edited by crazypat123; 02-03-2010 at 09:45 PM.

oh also, if saturated fat is okay, would 2 pieces of bacon in the morning with my eggs hurt? 2 slices is 6 grams protein, 20 grams fat, 7 grams saturated fat

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    oh also, if saturated fat is okay, would 2 pieces of bacon in the morning with my eggs hurt? 2 slices is 6 grams protein, 20 grams fat, 7 grams saturated fat
    A high saturated fat intake has many drawbacks with regard to long term health. Regardless, eat as much bacon as you want within your allotted calorie intake - fat is fat on a keto diet with regard to weight loss purposes.

Edit.
    Last edited by **TOP**; 02-03-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Failure is offline Associate Member
    I just started taking ALA, it makes me smell HORRIBLE. Is it true it causes a false positive for Ketosis?

I think this is my last question, would taking fat burners affect this diet in any negative way?
    for example im using razor 8 and CLA - 80, and recoup during workouts,

im worried that the razor 8 and CLA might not be used once im in ketosis or that maybe it will burn the fat needed to be used for energy and i wont get into ketosis????

edgarr is offline Member
    CONFUSED/FRUSTRATED

This is my 3rd week. Week 1 I lost 5lbs and was not that strict. Weeks 2 and 3 have not lost anything (haven't gained either) and have been very strict. Week 1 my protein source was mainly white meat and tuna and fats came from oils. 2 and 3 switched to red meats, no white or fish. I am going to start a seperate log with pics but why would this be? I was at about 20% BF. I will say that I feel and think I look better and clothes fit better but is that all in my head? My recent ketosis stick had me half way up the chart at 40.

a. was my body shocked by the start of this new diet and starting HIIT cardio week one?
    b. am I gaining more lean muscle so weight isn't moving?
    c. my body just doesn't like red meat?
    d. macros no good?
    e. or is all good and this is what everyone means by "paitence"

2 eggs 143 12.6 0.77 9.9
    1 tablespn Flax oil 130 14
    Cal 273 Protein 12.6 Carbs 0.77 Fat 23.9

W/O

Protein drink 160 40
    Cal 160 Protein 40 Carbs 0 Fat

6oz uncooked beef steak 330 36 20
    1 avocado 276 4 14 25
    Pork Rinds 80 8 5
    Cal 686 Protein 48 Carbs 14 Fat 50

4oz uncooked Ground Beef 288 19.5 22.7
    10g fish oil 150 15
    Cal 438 Protein 19.5 Carbs 0 Fat 37.7

6oz uncooked beef steak 330 36 20
    5 med asparagus 31 2 3 2
    Cal 361 Protein 38 Carbs 3 Fat 22

1 sccop casein protein 110 24 3 0.5
    Cal 110 Protein 24 Carbs 3 Fat 0.5

Cal 2028 Protein 182.1 Carbs 20.77 Fat 134.1
    Last edited by edgarr; 02-04-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Have a spoonfull of oil with these shakes of yours. That will get your macros in check. However, it's a combination of A and E. You're fine.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Have a spoonfull of oil with these shakes of yours. That will get your macros in check. However, it's a combination of A and E. You're fine.
    A tbsp full would give me 300 more cals, unless there is a low cal high fat oil? Currently the cals are 500 lower so I think thats where I want to be

morado02 is offline Junior Member
    Hey Top, I got one question, is this diet ok to do it during PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by morado02 View Post
    Opposed to what diet? I wouldnt see an issue with it although you might want to bump your cals. Ive heard guys need to keep cals strong during PCT due to all the changes in the body.But who knows im natural so you might would need to ask someone else what the best diet protocol is for PCT. But in my opinion it would be fine and not pose a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by morado02 View Post
    Yes. You will need an aggressive carb load however. Natural or otherwise, Top is on the money. If your goal is to maintain gains without gaining fat, this diet is ideal assuming you keep the cals high, especially those from fat. Eat pro/fat meals as often as possible throughout the day, get as much cals as possible via EFA's.

CARB post workout fri!!!!!!! Woooohoooo!! Love this day!

after my workout im going to take 35g protein and 100g waximaize carb for fast absorbtion. How much carbs after that on fri do i need before bed?

And, sorry TOP , im still not fully understanding carb load quantities for fri night and sat. Whats the formula? how do i calculate this?

Thanks ,
    Chris

Thread Information