Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 726
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....

  1. #121
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    During the keto-phase; does it matter how many cals above TDEE? With 70% of cals via fat, it's easy to go way over naturally.
    Its according to what your goals are. If its bf loss it should be 500-700 under TDEE. Just because the ratios change doesnt mean the calories should! If you take in 2000 cals over TDEE for an extended period you will still get fat ,even on keto!...TOP

  2. #122
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    ill take a guess and say shake and udos oil??
    EG is correct mon-wed-fri i use a shake and udo's tues&thurs i skip it to lower cals and just eat a regular meal...TOP

  3. #123
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    If i stay true to this diet 100% , how long do you think itll take to get down to single digits from 18-19% body fat?

    Chris
    This is a question only time can answer! Nobody knows how long it will take anyone to get to single digits. There are to many variables. If you had 2 people with the same stats,same diet,same training, they will both see different stages and outcomes. Its the beauty of bodybuilding,to push yourself past the limits and be amazed at what becomes of you!..TOP

  4. #124
    baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    This is a question only time can answer! Nobody knows how long it will take anyone to get to single digits. There are to many variables. If you had 2 people with the same stats,same diet,same training, they will both see different stages and outcomes. Its the beauty of bodybuilding,to push yourself past the limits and be amazed at what becomes of you!..TOP
    that's true, I'm gonna see how it goes for a month. If I need some help I'll get some tren or winny to speed up the process.

    Chris

  5. #125
    edgarr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    that's true, I'm gonna see how it goes for a month I wouldn't think this is a fair amount of time, it will take your body 2 weeks to adjust. If I need some help I'll get some tren or winny to speed up the process.
    Chris
    This just tells me you are prepared to quit

  6. #126
    baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    This just tells me you are prepared to quit
    I'm no quiter! This diet is different from anything Ive ever done. But I won't quit. thanx for the motivation though.

  7. #127
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    The secret to success in the bodybuilding world is not drugs,diet, or training. While all those things must be present ,without one key ingredient they all are worthless...........CONSISTENCY!


    Rome was not built in a day!!

  8. #128
    edgarr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    730
    Well I lost 5 lbs last week and put 2 back on after the 2 day carb load. My carb load wasn't really strict and I ate a lot! All in all I'm happy with that and have raised my fat and lowered my carbs even more this week.
    Last edited by edgarr; 01-25-2010 at 12:09 PM.

  9. #129
    baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    Well I lost 5 lbs last week and put 2 back on after the 2 day carb load. My carb load wasn't really strict and I ate a lot! All in all I'm happy with that and have raised my fat and lowered my carbs even more this week.
    Nice bro! I lost 2 myself. Can't wait to do chest and back today. Big pumps!!!! Carb up day is sooo fun.

  10. #130
    baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/f...enic-diet.html

    here's a link to a good explaination of ckd also

  11. #131
    edgarr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    730
    can someone help me find the formula for how many calories are in a gram of fat, etc?

  12. #132
    baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    Carb - 4
    protein - 4
    fat - 9

  13. #133
    edgarr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    730
    TOP in the link posted above the writer states "Some have found to enjoy a protein shake afterwards because they are easily digested. Do whatever works for you. But fat is not logical since you want the protein to fuel the healing process as quickly as possible and fat will only slow it down."

    However you do take Udo's with your shake so what is your thought on what the writer says. Thanks

  14. #134
    JR G lady's Avatar
    JR G lady is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    Well I lost 5 lbs last week and put 2 back on after the 2 day carb load. My carb load wasn't really strict and I ate a lot! All in all I'm happy with that and have raised my fat and lowered my carbs even more this week.
    Good shit bro im doing the same diet my carb load days were sat and sunday i lost 8 anc went up 3 on. this week I lowered my carbs too and increased my fat. went and picked up a bottle of macadamia nut oil I add it to my shake.

  15. #135
    danielli is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    can someone help me find the formula for how many calories are in a gram of fat, etc?
    1 Gram Approximate
    Calories
    Protein 4
    Carbohydrate 4
    Fat 9
    Glycerin 4.32
    Alcohol 7

  16. #136
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    TOP in the link posted above the writer states "Some have found to enjoy a protein shake afterwards because they are easily digested. Do whatever works for you. But fat is not logical since you want the protein to fuel the healing process as quickly as possible and fat will only slow it down."

    However you do take Udo's with your shake so what is your thought on what the writer says. Thanks
    You will have many different opinions on this,but you need some sort of energy source PWO no matter what!

    EFA's have been proven to help increase energy production,help us to repair and manufacture our cell membranes,and they aid in recovery, oxygen delivery to muscles, have anti-inflammatory properties,and increase
    protein synthesis. Efas are greatly beneficial for overall health, and perhaps most important to young bodybuilders, EFA’s promote good circulation. The ability to move increased amounts of blood to different parts of the body increases the likelihood that essential amino acids will be delivered to muscle tissue. Especially post-workout, the ability to move protein-rich blood to the trained area directly affects whether new muscle growth is initiated and sustained, or not. Additionally, the increased circulation leads to longer cardio endurance, better pumps, and more blood being pumped into the muscle group.

    But like i said before you still will have others that like the idea of dextrose and other carbohydrate sources post workout. Which is why you should take it upon yourself to learn your body and do what works best for you...TOP

  17. #137
    americanoak's Avatar
    americanoak is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    623
    grats on the work you guys are putting in.

    Top, whenever you get the chance could u help me with these q's

    you said: There are a few things in the book you have (BODYOPUS) that i disagree with and there are things in lyle mcdonalds book i disagree with.But i ty to take things from each and mold it to fit my own beliefs...TOP

    things like what?

    also what do you eat post workout on the keto days, this q is for anyone

  18. #138
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post
    grats on the work you guys are putting in.

    Top, whenever you get the chance could u help me with these q's

    you said: There are a few things in the book you have (BODYOPUS) that i disagree with and there are things in lyle mcdonalds book i disagree with.But i ty to take things from each and mold it to fit my own beliefs...TOP I dont care to ellaborate ,because i beleive it would confuse people more,its nothing that would change the face of the big picture just personal things that work for me or dont work for me that i disagree with. Dont lose sleep over it!

    things like what?

    also what do you eat post workout on the keto days, this q is for anyone
    I eat keto food! its either a shake and udos or i skip the PWO meal and have a whole food meal,simple,easy..TOP

  19. #139
    danielli is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    160
    TOP,
    This is some great info. I can't believe ur taking the time to answer everyone's questions individually and specifically; just amazing.

    What do you think about CKD for someone who has just recently started working out?

    I did atkins a couple years ago and lost a lot of weight (I'm 6'1" and went from 240 -> 190). However, I didnt work out AT ALL and my physique showed it. I was skinny in some places but still pudgy in others. I kept the weight off for a while, but surely, little by little I’m back up (220) and NEED to get my as* in gear. I find this post, and other's story very motivating.

    This time around I want to definitely hit the weights.

    Is this a good W/O Diet plan for a beginner?

  20. #140
    americanoak's Avatar
    americanoak is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    623
    danielli, i would say this is a difficult diet plan for a beginner, but ocnsidering you said you already did an atkins diet it should be much easier for you. Just resist the carbs because your body will probably crave them especially if you are just starting working out too.

    GL though

    ---

    also, what are udos? lol

  21. #141
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    [QUOTE=danielli;5040487]TOP,
    This is some great info. I can't believe ur taking the time to answer everyone's questions individually and specifically; just amazing.

    What do you think about CKD for someone who has just recently started working out? REFER TO POST #106.

    I did atkins a couple years ago and lost a lot of weight ATKINS IS A KETO DIET,A SKD, THIS IS SIMULAR TO THE ATKINS BUT IS TARGETED TOWARDS PEOPLE WANTING TO LOSE BF AND MAINTAIN MUSCLE MASS. (I'm 6'1" and went from 240 -> 190). However, I didnt work out AT ALL and my physique showed it. WORKING OUT IS A MUST! I was skinny in some places but still pudgy in others. I kept the weight off for a while, but surely, little by little Iím back up (220) and NEED to get my as* in gear. I find this post, and other's story very motivating.

    This time around I want to definitely hit the weights.

    Is this a good W/O Diet plan for a beginner? ITS A VERY SIMPLE PLAN TO STICK WITH,ONE COULD SAY ITS SO EASY A CAVEMAN COULD DO IT,LOL(CORNY I KNOW) BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS MOST PEOPLE IVE WORKED WITH DONT HAVE THE DISCIPLINE OR DRIVE LIKE OTHERS DO,SO BY DOING THIS DIET YOU DONT FEEL STRANDED ON A DIET ISLAND,INSTEAD YOU GET TO EAT ALL THE THE THINGS YOU WANT TO(WHEN ITS TIME TO) THEREBY ALLEVIATING THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS IN DIET.....MENTAL FAILURE![/QUOTE]

  22. #142
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post
    ---

    also, what are udos? lol

    Here allow me! lol


    http://www.google.com/

  23. #143
    americanoak's Avatar
    americanoak is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    623
    lol i supose i cnould have done that in the first place, i guess this forum lets people get a little lazy sometimes.. so used ot just asking people and them giving the answer aha i used ot live on google before i found this site.

    So udos is an oil.. is it basically fish oil? Im asking this because i googled it and found udos 3-6-9 oil, which is basically what fish oil is isnt it?

    correct me if im wrong please. And where is its place in this diet? Why is it used PWO

  24. #144
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post
    lol i supose i cnould have done that in the first place, i guess this forum lets people get a little lazy sometimes.. so used ot just asking people and them giving the answer aha i used ot live on google before i found this site.

    So udos is an oil.. is it basically fish oil? Im asking this because i googled it and found udos 3-6-9 oil, which is basically what fish oil is isnt it?

    correct me if im wrong please. And where is its place in this diet? Why is it used PWO
    Refer to post #136

    Udos is EFA'S

  25. #145
    americanoak's Avatar
    americanoak is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    623
    ohh great im gonna get me some of that.

    Also what i found was intersting for the CKD diet in Bodyopus was the supplimentation of chromuum and vandyl sulphate increases insulin sensetiviy, which means, form what i understand, your body will produce less insulin to get its same effect.

    This seems like it would be a good idea for the week days to further your chance of staying in ketosis when having your carbs, even though you are having very little.

    Unfortunetly idk the dosage, im sur eit would say on the supp bottle if you bought it.

    And if you used these before would u recomend it

  26. #146
    edgarr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by JR G lady View Post
    Good shit bro im doing the same diet my carb load days were sat and sunday i lost 8 anc went up 3 on. this week I lowered my carbs too and increased my fat. went and picked up a bottle of macadamia nut oil I add it to my shake.
    Good job. I have lowered the cals by about 300 and up fats by 13 grams, carbs about the same. I'll see how this goes for the next few weeks (i.e, feel, lose, look) and report back.

    As I said my carb load days weren't the cleanest but not too bad, worse thing was the drinking but I only drink vodka and water.

  27. #147
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post
    ohh great im gonna get me some of that.

    Also what i found was intersting for the CKD diet in Bodyopus was the supplimentation of chromuum and vandyl sulphate increases insulin sensetiviy, which means, form what i understand, your body will produce less insulin to get its same effect.

    This seems like it would be a good idea for the week days to further your chance of staying in ketosis when having your carbs, even though you are having very little.

    Unfortunetly idk the dosage, im sur eit would say on the supp bottle if you bought it.

    And if you used these before would u recomend it
    The reason he mentioned GDA(Glucose disposal agent) is to get the remaining glucose out of the system to give you a better fighting chance to achieve ketosis quicker. But like ive said i dont agree with a few things in the book and "ketosis" is one of them. Ketosis is only the side effect of having low low carbs you shouldnt lose sleep trying to get into ketosis.With carbs being low and fats being high your body will do what needs to be done. Those supplements, are just that ,supplements! They may help but dont rush out to purchase a weeks worth of pay on them!!...TOP

  28. #148
    mg1228's Avatar
    mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,508
    hey TOP---after ur carb up how long till u drop the extra lbs of the carb up---and does ur body switch back to ketosis quickly or no?

  29. #149
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    hey TOP---after ur carb up how long till u drop the extra lbs of the carb up---and does ur body switch back to ketosis quickly or no?
    Slowly i creap down but when cutting it looks like this

    fri-214LBS
    sun-220LBS

    fri-212LBS
    sun-218LBS

    fri-210LBS
    sun215 so on and so forth i still lose weight but it fluctautes due to muscle glycogen.

    Although monday is always fun because i look like the incredible hulk with veins and pumps!!

    Also it differs with ketosis agter 3 days or so of training heavy and cardio i have acheived it in 2 and a half days but when starting ouit took me alot longer.Now i dont piss on sticks anymore,i just do the same thing as i do when on the 40/40/20....watcH the mirror,i dont watch weight or clothing,i read the mirror!..TOP

  30. #150
    mg1228's Avatar
    mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,508
    i gotcha---the wife gained 4lb afterwards and shes freakin--i told her it was her muscles suckin up all the glycogen--but thats hard for her to understand

  31. #151
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    i gotcha---the wife gained 4lb afterwards and shes freakin--i told her it was her muscles suckin up all the glycogen--but thats hard for her to understand
    Yep.tell her to take advantage of it and weight train!

    "Its worth a shot" LOL

  32. #152
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    MG explain it to her like this.. "it is estimated that every gram of glycogen stored is associated with about 2.7g of water" hintz the weight gain....from water!

    I bet she is pissed at you hahaha

  33. #153
    mg1228's Avatar
    mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,508
    she trusts me---but i told her not to even get on the scale--so its her fault---lol

  34. #154
    baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    TOP , you were right!! , today i did chest and back and i havent felt a chest pump like this in awhile. cant wait to do legs tomarro

    Chris

  35. #155
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    TOP , you were right!! , today i did chest and back and i havent felt a chest pump like this in awhile. cant wait to do legs tomarro

    Chris
    Glad to here you like it! Ive found that mondays are the best, so switch your workout around. Next week do legs on monday,make sense?

  36. #156
    baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    Glad to here you like it! Ive found that mondays are the best, so switch your workout around. Next week do legs on monday,make sense?
    didnt think of that , it makes sense though!

  37. #157
    americanoak's Avatar
    americanoak is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    623
    you have alot of great advie Top, i cant wait to ge tthis thing started, im still reading the book but should be done shortly, i will deff post my progress when i start though

  38. #158
    baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    144
    Pissed on some keto-stix this morning. Very light color chane but nothing like last thurs. And fri morning. This is normal right TOP?

  39. #159
    **TOP**'s Avatar
    **TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monroe LA
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    Pissed on some keto-stix this morning. Very light color chane but nothing like last thurs. And fri morning. This is normal right TOP?
    Urinate on them again wed. night and see where you are. But like ive said before its not that big of a deal!

  40. #160
    danielli is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    Pissed on some keto-stix this morning. Very light color chane but nothing like last thurs. And fri morning. This is normal right TOP?
    when I was on an SKD, it took about a week for the color to change to dark red. Anytime after that, if it went back to light pink it meant I snuck some carbs in somehow (sometimes unintentional.)

    I think TOP's point though is not to focus too much on the ketosticks...just like getting on the scale, if you let yourself, you can become just as obsessed with "pissin' on a stick"

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •