Page 9 of 155 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    well i decided to rest yesterday and i felt like i needed it. i still feel sluggish today but i did go and burn it up this morning. i haven't weighted myself and may not for a week to see what happens. i more or less don't care about a number, just want the mirror to look good! the weather is not looking good for biking this week so i need to get my bike trainer and get after it! i may go ride to nola to go get it but i am trying to see how the weekend will play out. i also have to fix my road bike shoes, i lost a screw on the bottom of one of my cleats so need to go get that asap!

twist, i haven't had any caffeine since two sundays ago so this sunday will make two full weeks. how do you recommend to cycle it back in? i like coffee and green tea so either or works for me, and it doesn't take much to get me going. i also have been looking into clen , but don't know if it is right for the intense training i am doing. is there a protocol for clen for asthmatics? on another note, feel free to change up my routine if you feel like there is another program that will lean me up quicker. i am not opposed to changing anything if you feel like i can better from it. i like this routine now, just saying that i am open to anything. still not 100% spot on with diet but i am trying!

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Idk anything about clen and asthma although I think clen is for asthma. My recommendations are to take caffeine on 3 days out of the week max. Take it only on the days you feel you need it or the days that you have hard workouts. Take about 200mgs of caffeine before a workout.
    Your program is good for now bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Idk anything about clen and asthma although I think clen is for asthma. My recommendations are to take caffeine on 3 days out of the week max. Take it only on the days you feel you need it or the days that you have hard workouts. Take about 200mgs of caffeine before a workout.
    Your program is good for now bro.
    thanks again twist. i can go without it, i am a pretty fired up individual already. and with stims, it usually does not take much for me to feel it. i usually use GU Roctane gel packs on long rides and it includes caffeine, electrolytes, and BCAAs.

Sounds good bro.

did 5th day straight of fasted cardio. the damn rain is killing me! i wanted to bike yesterday but it rained so i went to the gym and hit a nice back/bi routine. i will be taking the evening off, have other things to do, will be on my feet the entire evening though so i guess i can look at it as extra slow cardio! planning a long ride saturday and long run sunday, or vice versa depending on the weather. they both will get done!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    did 5th day straight of fasted cardio. the damn rain is killing me! i wanted to bike yesterday but it rained so i went to the gym and hit a nice back/bi routine. i will be taking the evening off, have other things to do, will be on my feet the entire evening though so i guess i can look at it as extra slow cardio! planning a long ride saturday and long run sunday, or vice versa depending on the weather. they both will get done!
    Cocktail party? LOL!

You have changed a lot already with what you are reporting. Amazing. Keep it up~ Have a great bike ride.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Cocktail party? LOL!

You have changed a lot already with what you are reporting. Amazing. Keep it up~ Have a great bike ride.
    thanks bae. nope, no cocktail party. a friend needs some help with some things so i am going give her hand. you do seem to know me though!!!! HA!

^^^ whew!!! Glad it was not code for cocktails.....but I have to watch myself now too.....takes one to know one....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

^^^ whew!!! Glad it was not code for cocktails.....but I have to watch myself now too.....takes one to know one....
    you are something else woman!

went ride 17 miles yesterday. i wanted to do more but my legs felt dead so i stopped at 17. i am about to go hit the pavement and try to do a 10K but i drank a few 'pops' last night so may only do 4 miles so i dont hurt myself. other than the drinking, diet has been good.

The run was horrible. It is very hot and humid and all the beer yesterday didn't help. Going cut up on some jet ski's now!!!

You are a superstar athlete....all around....all over the place.....
    biking
    swimming
    running.....and now jet skiing~
    Author Unknown

went ride 17 miles yesterday. i wanted to do more but my legs felt dead so i stopped at 17. i am about to go hit the pavement and try to do a 10K but i drank a few 'pops' last night so may only do 4 miles so i dont hurt myself. other than the drinking, diet has been good.
    Gotta finish all ten man. That's how it goes bro. Beer or no beer you can't cut training short if you cheat. That's 2x as bad. 1 you cheat, which is bad, then you cut training short, that's even worse.

I love jet skis. I'm going jet skiing and atving in two weeks and I can't wait.

Gotta finish all ten man. That's how it goes bro. Beer or no beer you can't cut training short if you cheat. That's 2x as bad. 1 you cheat, which is bad, then you cut training short, that's even worse.

I love jet skis. I'm going jet skiing and atving in two weeks and I can't wait.
    yes, i know! i should have finished it. i should have had some nutrition on hand, then i prob would have finished the last two miles.

did fasted cardio this morning and sweated my arse off! i have my crossfit class tonight which i am pumped about going because i haven't been in two weeks! i will be weighing myself on thursday morning to see where i am at. the rain has not been helping over here so its going to be tough to get the biking in again. i will do what i can!

You are a superstar athlete....all around....all over the place.....
    biking
    swimming
    running.....and now jet skiing~
    yes, all over the place like horse shit!!!!!!!!!! better watch ya step!

i had a great workout this evening! here it is: warmup (2 rounds) 400m run, 10 kettle swings, 10 burpees. WOD: (5 rounds for time) 400m run, 15 dumbbell thrusters (15lb), 15 pushups, 10 kettle swings. i finished in 23 minutes and threw up on the last run. it was fantastic!

Sounds like you are killing it bro! Can't wait for weigh in on thursday.

Sounds like you are killing it bro! Can't wait for weigh in on thursday.
    i am doing what i can! diet is much better this week, eating a lot more, especially protein. not sore at all this morning and i thought i would be. i am hoping to see 180 on it but who knows. my water fluctuates a lot so we will see.

i can now see that i was under eating before. usually after a workout like that i am sore the next day. today, not really feeling sore, just tired. i did fasted cardio this morning and burned 350 cals. should i be burning more than this? i usually burn about that much every morning, just wondering if i should be staying longer to burn more. i still need to get some BCAA's and i know that this will help me to stay longer. i can wait to see what another couple of weeks of training like this will do. i know that i will have to start incorporating some swimming back into the my workouts soon, but i want to continue this regimen for at least another month. that will put me about 6-7 weeks out from the triathlon.

Twist is turning you into super duper SuperMan......

KEEP IT UP!
    Author Unknown

350 is great fro am cardio bro

Twist is turning you into super duper SuperMan......

KEEP IT UP!
    thanks slim! so are you implying that i should start looking for some tights and cape!

350 is great fro am cardio bro
    i can do more, its just that i am starving by that point. do you recommend more?

no that's good bro.

its humpday, and i am feeling it. i did a 5k run last night in 30 minutes. it was really hot and humid, rained right before we started. diet has been spot on this week and i can feel the difference from last week to this week by eating more. i am tired today, really didn't want to get out of bed. but, i am loving the early morning sweat so its motivation to get my arse outta bed! i am going do a brick this evening with a group, 13 mile bike, 2 mile run. it will be my second time riding with a group so it should be interesting.

thanks slim! so are you implying that i should start looking for some tights and cape!
    You bet~
    Author Unknown

Eat healthy and nap bro

Eat healthy and nap bro
    the eating definitely helped out with the tiredness. i wish i could take naps, just not enough time in a day to that.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    how did the bike ride go this evening??? u the machine!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    how did the bike ride go this evening??? u the machine!
    went fabulous!!!! i am starting to feel more like a machine with this new schedule!

had the weigh in this morning, 180.0lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was 180 on the nose. now, i want to see 179 on there next week! i know most of it is water, so still have to work harder at it. i know i said this in every post, but i love eating this much. i had a great workout yesterday evening. i rode with a group but i couldn't keep up with them yet, they averaged 23mph, while i only averaged 19mph. we did 14 mile bike (45 min) and a 2 mile run (18 min). i felt great afterwards! the triathlon that i am doing in october is a 15 mile bike and 3.5 mile run so i am looking good at this point going into it. if the triathlon were this weekend, i know i could finish it! diet has been superb this week! i have been playing around with a couple of vitamins this week. i have been taking vitamin d-3 and mega-dosing on vitamin C. i can not tell if it is making any difference yet, but i do feel better all around. some of the joint pain that i deal with on a daily basis is hurting a little less. i will do this for a while and see what happens.

Fabulous!!! I bet you are happy happy!

It is working!

Keep it up!
    Author Unknown

180 down from what? I don't remember lol.

Take vitamin d3 at no more than 10,000ius per day

180 down from what? I don't remember lol.

Take vitamin d3 at no more than 10,000ius per day
    down from 182. i still think it is only water though. as of late, i have been sweating a lot more and stay hotter after intense workout sessions. i have been taking cold showers to try to get my core temp back down. i think i'm only taking in about 1000iu of d3. i have horrible joints/bones, every bone in my body cracks loud as hell. i crack my own back and neck about 10 times a day. i also go see a chiro when i can, which helps, but right when i leave, i am crooked again. doing about 10g a day of vit c/day. i spread the 10g out, 3g before fasted cardio, 3-4g through out day, 3g before evening workout.

Fabulous!!! I bet you are happy happy!

It is working!

Keep it up!
    thanks babe! i am happy but there is still a long road in front of me. i appreciate the fact that you have been here from the beginning, trust me, it has helped me tremendously!!!

so, i was lying in bed trying to take a nap this evening and that didn't work! went to the gym and got a great upper body workout. i did a 10 min warmup, 10-15 min stretch/yoga, lat pull downs, hang cleans with a press, incline dumbbell press, front raises, and curls. having trouble getting to sleep again, mind won't quit. i may have to try some GABA and see if it helps. i have a lot on my mind as of late and i have never been a good sleeper. i prob should get my hormones checked, could be something to do with that, but i don't know.

so, i was lying in bed trying to take a nap this evening and that didn't work! went to the gym and got a great upper body workout. i did a 10 min warmup, 10-15 min stretch/yoga, lat pull downs, hang cleans with a press, incline dumbbell press, front raises, and curls. having trouble getting to sleep again, mind won't quit. i may have to try some GABA and see if it helps. i have a lot on my mind as of late and i have never been a good sleeper. i prob should get my hormones checked, could be something to do with that, but i don't know.
    1. Buy gaba
    2. get hormones checked
    3. if nothings wrong get sleeping pills (ambien) and use them only when you need them

2lbs is not an unrealistic loss. In fact, its probably more because after you upped your cals (carbs specifically) your body would fill back up depleted stores (just like a carb up) and this would result in a weight gain. So it's not likely that you dropped water weight after carbing back up bro.

For your back you need to do back extensions and deadlifts. Stretch but don't crack your back. Strengthen the muscles holding your back together and you won't come "out" as much. THink of a 33 story building without the strong support beams. Damn right the bottom floors are gonna feel it.

1. Buy gaba
    2. get hormones checked
    3. if nothings wrong get sleeping pills (ambien) and use them only when you need them

2lbs is not an unrealistic loss. In fact, its probably more because after you upped your cals (carbs specifically) your body would fill back up depleted stores (just like a carb up) and this would result in a weight gain. So it's not likely that you dropped water weight after carbing back up bro.

For your back you need to do back extensions and deadlifts. Stretch but don't crack your back. Strengthen the muscles holding your back together and you won't come "out" as much. THink of a 33 story building without the strong support beams. Damn right the bottom floors are gonna feel it.
    i will definitely buy some gaba. i was on ambien years ago, liked the stuff, just don't want to be dependent on it. the sleep is not as bad as it use to be in the past. i usually do deadlifts, just didn't do them yesterday. back is one area where i am weak at. i have horrible posture and have degeneration in my lower discs. its really not painful as long as i am active but i do have those days where it hurts and i just deal with it. i know that my hips are shifted slightly and now my left leg is a lil shorter than my right. i know i can help fix this with exercise, any thoughts? do you suggest me upping my vit d3 intake to 5000ius? i am only taking 1000ius daily. twist, i really appreciate you helping me out with all this, i know i needed guidance!

i had a great weekend! my saturday was extremely busy! i went help out at my old work for 3 hours in the morning (6-9), then went to my grandparents house to do some yard work for them, they are 87 and 86! i did not get to do my 10k run on saturday but i did do yard work for over 2 hours, so that was enough cardio for me. after that, i had to go to nola for a friend's surprise 30th bday party in which i did do some drinking. i did wake up and do 25 miles on the bike and could have did more but i ran out of fuel. i did fasted cardio this morning with some BCAAs and that helped out some with the hunger pains.

on another note, i finally found a higher paying job!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am getting out of breast cancer research and getting into oil and gas! i do not know if i will be located in lafayette, la or houston, tx yet, but i do know that i am ready for a change. i will have to start my own business (LLC) in order to take all the tax breaks and what not, so that will be something new to me. i hope that they figure out which location they want me at soon, so i can start looking for a gym. i lived in lafayette before and am hoping that is where i'll be. there is a gym there named Red's, and it is the best gym that i have ever been a member at. i want to say that is one of the top 30 gyms in the US. it has everything!!!

Thread Information