Page 20 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66
    Hey there Cave Bear, you ever think of Shaving???
    ^^ lol

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Hey there Cave Bear, you ever think of Shaving???
    LOL!! Yeh i thought about it tbody but until now there not
    Much point ... I wouldve just lookd like a fat guy with a shaved chest!! Also i dunno about the stubble grown back.. And its winter and the only one that sees me shirtless is my wife..(and yall) ill see how she feels about it.. Seems a little weird to me ..Who knows i may like it. Def consider it come spring...

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Two things. One, it will make a noticeably positive difference in your appearance. Two, you will be much more motivated to get lagging parts up to speed when you see your imperfections without cover!

Two things. One, it will make a noticeably positive difference in your appearance. Two, you will be much more motivated to get lagging parts up to speed when you see your imperfections without cover!
    I hear ya tbody but i dont need to shave my chesthair to see that

So tbody these r my wkouts so u can help me get some more variety thx alot bro!

Chest:
    Incl DB 4 x 8-12
    Flat DB 4 x 8-12
    Incl cable 3 x 10-12
    Pec deck 3 x 12(pausing in middle n holding squeeze)
    Decl DB 2 x failure
    Flat bb curl 4 x 15 (last 2sets after 15 with flat bar i superset with easy curl bar to failure)
    AS U SEE I DO BIS ON CHEST DAY

Back:
    Seated rows 4 x 10-12
    Wide lat pulldown 3 x 10-12
    Neutral pldown 3 x 10-12
    Deads 4 x 8-12
    Weighted crunch 4 x 12-15
    Reverse crunch 4 x 12

Legs/tris:
    Squat (the wkout u gave me)
    Split squat 2 x 10
    Rom dead 4 x 8-12
    Closegrip bench 4 x 15-20 supersettd with
    1 hand pushdown 4 x 10-15

Shoulders:
    Seatd DB press 4 x 15
    Lat raise 2 x 15
    Front raise 2 x 15
    Facepulls 4 x 8-12
    Seated bb press(smith) 2 x failure

And thats it... These reps i do were switching weeks as in 1 week id do 5-8 reps on everything heavy and the next week 10-12 lighter but cuz of shoulder ive been going lighter on all sets except for back ...

Thx man

Well i did my 45 min cardio this am.. Had day off and went to lunch with my brother.. Had well lets just say a cheat meal and then bak on diet.. 1 maybe 2 more cheat meals this week then next week bak to normal.. Kinda ready to get it over with.. Tomorrow cardio legs and tris...

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    That seated barbell shoulder press, doesn't bother your shoulder? Others can chime in but doing it on a smith machine has the potential to be very damaging even for those with healthy shoulders.

Oh, and only pussies shave. Real men wax!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    That seated barbell shoulder press, doesn't bother your shoulder? Others can chime in but doing it on a smith machine has the potential to be very damaging even for those with healthy shoulders.

Than I am a little girl SteM because I tried a long time ago waxing my chest and after the first pull I was like HELLLL NOOOO, my skin is to sensitive and it gets very bumpy.

One of my shoulder exercises is in the smith machine a bit incline in front and is one of the exercises I love the most.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post

actually it doesnt bother it at all! i only come down to where my upper arm is parallel to the floor i dont bring the bar to my chest/neck.. i usually do it last thing with 135lb and as many reps as i can do.. usually between 20-25... for 2 sets.. u think i should stop??

apparently (i went to doc for knee yest) i may have the prob i told u bout previously but also he said it looks like theres arthritis in there as well.. isnt that great! wonder how thats gonna play out over the next 20 yrs.. arthritis in shoulder and knee both on rite side YAY!!!!! my mom went to arthritis doc (shes 58) and he told her theres nothing he can do and is sending her to pain mgmt.. and she doesnt do any exercising and never has.. he said i could take the chondroitin(which im taking) .. i askd about deca durabolin and he kinda chuckled and said it may help my joints but also may hurt my heart..

woke up this am late again and did 30 mins cardio..think im gonna have to get my own alarm clock..

as for the waxing/shaving i dont think id ever use a razor to get rid of body hair.. may wax .. once i get bf where i like it i will prob just neaten it up with clippers first and see how i like that..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    as for the waxing/shaving i dont think id ever use a razor to get rid of body hair.. may wax .. once i get bf where i like it i will prob just neaten it up with clippers first and see how i like that..
    I use razor blade for arms only, legs havent shaved them in years but once BF comes to where i want it then i will get back to shaving again! Chest abs and back is all peanut clipper. Once the abs come out i might use razor blade. I will definitely not wax, that sh!t is painfull!!

peanut clipper?? that like regular clippers i shave my head with?

Bill_boy2005 is offline Associate Member
    I went the laser route, little spendy, but its nice only touching up my back and chest every few weeks. Just finished my treatments up though, so we will see what regrowth looks like a year or so down the line.

how much bill?????

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I use razors all the time, it's a PAIN IN THE ASS!!! I used to shave arms but now i'm just like, fvck it. Keep in mind I have to shave my damn head every other day too... just too much to keep up with after a while!

Luckily, my wife is good enough to shave my back for me all summer!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Have a wonderful Christmas 405~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

how much bill?????
    The good places are like 5k for the back, same for the front, like 3k for legs, is a total rip off, for that money i'll shave!!

peanut clipper?? that like regular clippers i shave my head with?
    Yeah i think is a Wahl Peanut Trimmer, pretty good and it leave just a bit of the hair, really close though, depending on how fast your hair grows it could be weeks before you use it again. I have to use it every weekend!

ill have to look into that pap..

on a difft note.. i did legs and tris today.. workout went well.. i substituted split squat for 1 leg press to see if it was better on the knee.. i dont think so wasnt any easier either!.. added an xtra set of close grip bench/1hand pushdowns and went up on reps and weight.. i think the test is kikn in..

speaking of which.. i was the only one in the gym today and u know what that meant? take off the shirt and flex in the mirror time LOL!! i tell u i LOVE THE LIGHTING IN THE GYM.. man i was seeing all kinds of stuff popping out.. getting the cut where the lats meet the abs .. still got a little love handle to lose but im freaking stoked dude!!! i was looking awesome.. !!!!! now obviously not compared to ronnie coleman awesome but compared to me 3 months ago awesome.. i was kind of wishing i had a friend or 2 in there so they could see what i was seeing..

it looks like im getting the perfect timing with my test and diet and lifting all starting to come together.. i may take my phone in there next time and take some pics so yall can see.. and im not bragging or anything but i have been wkn my butt off and im just happy as heck to see its startn to pay off... i think being low test for so long(i dont know how long but ive had a hard time acquiring muscle for awhile) its just great to see im actually gaining some!!!!!!!!! by the summer if i stay like im going its gonna be a sight to see.. !! i may actually ,no im definitely going to the beach this year! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! LOL

I shave the arms one day a week, the chest and abs one day and the legs one day so it isn't too time consuming. I use the peanut for my legs first and sometimes that's all I'll do. Since I'm tanning I like to stay clean shaven all over, my wife will do anything I ask(yes gentlemen ANYTHING) and that includes shaving my back, I like the peanut again here to keep from the breakouts. I had heard that waxing was better because your hair supposedly grows back thinner and thinner after each waxing. I tried it once but didn't see it any different that when I shave and it was more expensive and time consuming.

405, when are pics?

I shave the arms one day a week, the chest and abs one day and the legs one day so it isn't too time consuming. I use the peanut for my legs first and sometimes that's all I'll do. Since I'm tanning I like to stay clean shaven all over, my wife will do anything I ask(yes gentlemen ANYTHING) and that includes shaving my back, I like the peanut again here to keep from the breakouts. I had heard that waxing was better because your hair supposedly grows back thinner and thinner after each waxing. I tried it once but didn't see it any different that when I shave and it was more expensive and time consuming.

405, when are pics?
    try 4 DAYS AGO!!! TBODY remember ur comment about me being a hairy bear??? check the bottom of page 19 there buddy u been able to look at my current wkout and think about how i can mix it up yet??

Tell me the days of the week you are able to workout. I see a few ways to maximize the routine that will make immediately noticable gains.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I use razors all the time, it's a PAIN IN THE ASS!!! I used to shave arms but now i'm just like, fvck it. Keep in mind I have to shave my damn head every other day too... just too much to keep up with after a while!

Luckily, my wife is good enough to shave my back for me all summer!
    i shave my head too gb although i dont use a razor just clippers and once a week of course if the slight balding i noticed about 3 yrs ago keeps going i may have to increase the frequency..

i had my wife shave my back too.. i think she was suspicious LOL cuz she askd why i wanted her to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Have a wonderful Christmas 405~
    u2 slim and thx girl

Tell me the days of the week you are able to workout. I see a few ways to maximize the routine that will make immediately noticable gains.
    tbody i can lift mon- sat..i do take tuesdays off and i like only having to lift 4 days/week cuz it gives me a little flexibility cuz sometimes i work at nite .. i do it on my lunch hr so i have 50 mins max to get it dun..prob closer to 45 mins..

Mon: Chest/Biceps/Abs/Calves
    Tue: Off
    Wed: Back/Triceps/Calves
    Thu: Off
    Fri: Legs
    Sat: Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps
    Sun: Off
    I will have you incorporate alot of supersets(you performing biceps on a push day inspired this) so you will be able to traumatize the muscle tissue in very special ways. I need to know if the above split will work for you so I can design the specifics.

yeh that sounds good as far as calves go genetically i have great calves..they run in my family.. never workd them and until now never felt the need.. i will however work them if u want me to.. i know they can be a trouble/lagging spot for most but not me! didnt know if maybe if u knew that(although i doubt it) u may wanna sub it for something else.. but the split looks good and i really appreciate it!

good morning fellow nutrition resource forum people well today i woke up and didnt do a dang thing however at lunch ill be hitting it hard on back and abs.. looking leaner again in the mirror than i did last nite and my belt thats currently buckled on a hole ive only dreamed about in the past is getting looser still.. other than that not alot to add at this point .. lookn forward to the wkout tbody gives me hope yall have a great day!

Good job body, keep it up

Not alot to say other than my bf% i had chekd at trt doc came bak at 15.3%.. im actually happy with that number.. I havent been 100% confident in wifes ability to properly measure but for me 12 weeks in 15% i am happy with.. So 3% or so to go to accomplish original goal of sub 12% ..

Stem the doc also provides me with nutrition woman who was very lean and lookd the part.. She said refeeding every 14 days over time may cause metabolism to become a bit "sluggish" and recommended 2 high carb days.. Now u and i both know my current diet is working and im very happy with results so far but wondering ur thoughts on this?? I dont plan on changing anything until fatloss slows down.. Just wanted ur take ??

Tomorrow when i have more time ill type exactly what she wrote but i think thats the jist..

Good to know about the calves. Most peoples calves are primarily slow twitch muscle fibers in most individuals and can be trained more frequently and need to be trained differently if you have naturally developed calves then you will get an even more special treatment.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Not alot to say other than my bf% i had chekd at trt doc came bak at 15.3%.. im actually happy with that number.. I havent been 100% confident in wifes ability to properly measure but for me 12 weeks in 15% i am happy with.. So 3% or so to go to accomplish original goal of sub 12% ..

Stem the doc also provides me with nutrition woman who was very lean and lookd the part.. She said refeeding every 14 days over time may cause metabolism to become a bit "sluggish" and recommended 2 high carb days.. Now u and i both know my current diet is working and im very happy with results so far but wondering ur thoughts on this?? I dont plan on changing anything until fatloss slows down.. Just wanted ur take ??

Tomorrow when i have more time ill type exactly what she wrote but i think thats the jist..
    Well, the refeed is to actually boost your metabolism, did she know exactly how many carbs you are taking in on a normal day? I'm not going to cast aspertions on her or what she says or looks like but, you are right. It's working for you. Damn well if I don't mind saying so.

But I'll be interested to hear her full take on it.

Re: waxing. Yep your hair grows back thinner and weaker everytime, though it takes several years of regular waxing for it not to come back at all. Women who consistently overpluck their eyebrows will be testament to that.

Good to know about the calves. Most peoples calves are primarily slow twitch muscle fibers in most individuals and can be trained more frequently and need to be trained differently if you have naturally developed calves then you will get an even more special treatment.

Oh boy! That sounds interesting lucky me.. I know ur busy w Christmas and all but do u have a guesstimation as to when i may get the wkout from u? Not rushing u at all just the way my brain works id like to know when to look for it So i can prepare for a change-up

Yeah buddy, that goal is getting closer and closer, happy for you man!

Abcs
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Well, the refeed is to actually boost your metabolism, did she know exactly how many carbs you are taking in on a normal day? I'm not going to cast aspertions on her or what she says or looks like but, you are right. It's working for you. Damn well if I don't mind saying so.

But I'll be interested to hear her full take on it.

Yeh stem i forgot the paper so ill put it in tonite.. And im definitely far more inclined to trust ur diet advice over hers just wanted to let u know what she said to see what u thought.. Do u think there may come a time where it would be more advantageous for me to carb cycle? Or is it too soon to tell because i continue to have good results? I guess what im trying to ask is can carb cycling get me leaner than just a strait low carb diet can? Does that ever happen where low carb works great for aperson to a point and then the results just stop?

Re: waxing. Yep your hair grows back thinner and weaker everytime, though it takes several years of regular waxing for it not to come back at all. Women who consistently overpluck their eyebrows will be testament to that.

^^^^ dont ask me how i did that cuz i have no idea LOL

Did my 45 mins cardio this am and killed it! Did over 2700total reps in 45 mins and burnd 775 cals... Usually i shoot for above 2500total reps and 700 cals..

Workout

This is going to be a five week Dumbbell only workout, beginning Mon(you are allowed to start today if you'd like, let me know)

Mon: Chest/Biceps/Abs/Calves

Superset Incline DB Bench with Seated Hammer Curls 3 sets of 12 reps and a 4th set to failure(I'll suggest 30lb db's for hammer curls-keep the weight the same for all sets)
    (for incline bench warm-up progressively 3 sets of 8(30lbs,40lbs,50lbs) til you get to 60lb dumbbells then you will use the 60lb db's for all of your chest work - you will need to record your exact numbers for me in order for me to adjust the weight for the next week)
    Superset Flat DB Bench with Seated alternating dumbbell Curls 3 sets of 12 reps and a 4th set to failure(turning the pinkies into the shoulder as far as possible at the top of the movement while squeezing the biceps as hard as you can on every rep I'd recommend 20lb db's for this-keep the weight the same for all sets. There will be no warm up sets here, just sticking with the 60lb db's for the 4 sets on Bench)
    Superset Decline DB Bench with DB Preacher Curls 3 sets of 12 reps and a 4th set to failure(no warm-up required again(your chest and arms are plenty warm stick with the 60lbs for bench and 20lbs for curls)
    Superset Standing Calf Raises with Bicycles 4 sets 125 reps each(on a 2x4 or similar sized object, a full one second pause at the complete top and a full one second stretch at the bottom on each rep)

Tue: Off

Wed: Back/Triceps/Calves/Abs

Superset Bodyweight Chin-ups with Bodyweight Dips 3 sets of 12 reps and a 4th set to failure(since these are bodyweight exercises there
    Superset DB rows with Standing Triceps extensions 3 sets of 12 reps and a 4th set to failure(On all DB rows always keep your elbow in as close to your body as possible, on this set you are going to bring the dumbbell up to your hip)
    Superset DB rows with DB Skull Crushers 3 sets of 12 reps and a 4th set to failure(On these DB rows you will bring the weight up into your chest, keeping the elbow in as close to your body as possible)
    Superset Standing Calf Raises with Bicycles 4 sets 125 reps each(on a 2x4 or similar sized object, a full one second pause at the complete top and a full one second stretch at the bottom on each rep)

Thu: Off

Fri: Legs/Abs

Lunges 3 sets of 30 reps(left leg in front right leg behind about the distance apart of the stride of a brisk walk, lower straight down, with your body remaining completely upright, you want to lower your core straight down and raise straight back up, so both your front and back legs should be opening and lowering/closing and raising simultaneously, this will put equal pressure on the front and back leg perform 10 reps this way then switch front leg and perform 10 reps, back and forth until you have complted 30 reps with each leg being in front - this equals one set - you might want to start with just bodyweight here)
    Stiff legged Deadlifts 3 sets 30 reps (I'd recommend 20 lb db's here, this is a stretch, but the best exercise made for the hamstrings, if you perform them correctly. At the top you will be standing erect with your shoulders back and the dumbbells down to your sides, feet together, as you bend at the waist and lean forward you'll bring the dumbbells to your front and go down as if you would be touching your toes, at the bottom of the range of motion you will make a conscious effort to push your butt back as far as you can while keeping your knees locked, hold the bottom for a full 2 second count then slowly return to beginning position)
    One Legged Squats 3 sets 30 reps (Stand in front of a flat bench, about 12-18 inches facing away from the bench, place one of your legs behind you on the bench and lower straight down while keeping your body vertical to the floor. Again probably trading front leg every 10 reps until you perform 30 with each leg as the front/working leg - this equals one ser)

Sat: Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps

Superset Standing Military Press/Standing Triceps Extensions/Hammer Curls 3 sets 25 reps and 4th set to failure
    Superset Upright Rows/Bench Dips/Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls 3 sets 25 reps and 4th set to failure
    Superset Shrugs/DB Skull Crushers/Concentration Curls 3 sets 25 reps and 4th set to failure(On your shrugs hold for a 3 second count at the top)

Sun: Off

After writing this all out I really want you to start today, if at all possible, I really think this will get your attention and your body will respond amazingly!

Dang tbody im lookn forward to this for sure!!! I know its gonna be brutal as well as take me a week or 2 to get it in gkod rhythm thx alot man!!!

2 main questions.. 1.u want me to do 125 calf raises and 125 bicycles for each set?
    2.after 5 weeks do i go back to the workout im doing now and just alternate every 5 weeks??

Yes on the calf raises and the bicycles, and make sure on all of your super-sets that you are moving from one to the next and then back, or else you won't be finished in the 45 mins you have to get'r'done! The great news about the workout is that you only need the first warm-up on the first set and then your body is warmed up for the whole workout.

This particular workout is designed to accomplish two things both primarily due to the fact that you are on a cut for another 8 weeks. The dumbbells will help with how your muscles look and you won't have to be focusing on whether or not you are losing strength, your muscles will become independantly strong and much better able to help for the next phase, at the end of the five weeks I'll probably be recommending that you take a week off, then we will start you with a strength building program, if we implement this while you have two weeks left of a cut then you will be able to grasp and re-transition to the simple compound movements and get the timing and routine down before we start adding weight. I actually see it is the best of all worlds and tying in directly to your personal goals. You will rock out 2012 like you never, ever, ever imagined!

one other thing tbody.. now if i do 125 reps for calf and 125 reps for bicycles and it takes me 2 secs per rep and i do 4 sets of each thatl be:

(125 x 2secs) x 2exercises = 500 secs/ superset x 4 supersets = 2000 secs/ 60 = 33 mins just to do calves and abs which will only leave me 12 mins to do everything else... i may be able to get it done if i do 1sec/rep thatl put me at approx 16.5minutes leaving 28 minutes for the rest.. any thoughts on this? i still think ill be balls to the wall for the entire 45mins with 0 break... do u think maybe i should try 1 sec/rep and do 2 supersets which will take 8.25 mins(approx lets call it 10) which will give me 35 mins for the rest??

Thread Information