Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Spound-yeah I have the shake after cardio. I was laughin when u said shake before is idiotic cuz it most definitely would be. PWO cardio would be pointless at that point. I agree with everything you guys said so far. I agree about the shake before bed is not the best choice. It would probably be best to have solid food that is slow digesting and a good pro/fat source rich in EFA's like salmon like Tai said. I have thought about cutting out about half of that dextrose because I was never a big believer in the 2:1 ratio exactly all the time. I think I'll bring it down like you said Tai. I have actually thought about throwing fruit in my first meal ever since I saw Pinnacle do it and I thought it wouldnt hurt. It is low GI and the fructose shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't eat like 10 bananas or 50 strawberries. I also like the lean beef idea...and the more veggies. Thanks for all the help guys

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    btw spound VEGGIES and PEANUT BUTTER DONT MIX!
    WHy not?!?! Please dont say bc you are mixing carbs and fats...IMO that is so blown out of proportion its not even funny. THe carbs in veggies (green ones) are negligable anyways. Or are you saying that veggies and peanut butter dont mix taste wise?? I jsut eat for nutritional cvalue anyways, nto for taste...especially while cutting.

Also, chest...I woudl try 2 packets of FLAVORED oatmeal for your POW carb intake...I have found this to work well and it tastes great!! WHen I go back to bulking ill probably use one packet along with a malto/dex mixture.

the only thing I really disagree with Tai about is that PWO cardio is pointless....I feel it can be necessary depending on your goals...especially if cutting is your goal....serious cutting. But I woudl never do PWO cardio unless I had already worked my way up to 45minutes of cardio in the morning on empty. Also....I woudl do at least 30 minutes of PWO cardio.

Chest, throw some casein in that nighttime shake if you cant have whole food. try tai's suggestions or lean ground beef/ chicken and some almonds. Anytime you have a shake during the day it should have some casein in it to slow abosrption b/c like tai said, whey is only in your system for 30-60 mintues...its not like you are going to eat again during that time, therefore, your muscles can go catabolic...and also casein will keep you from getting as hungry. The only time you should have whey only shakes is PWO.

Also, I can not stress how much extra sodium has helped with my sense of well being while cutting...keeping me fulelr and more pumped instead of me feelign stringy and flat like most do while cutting...casuing you to throw your goals out the window and bulk again (like what you are thinkign right now)

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yep I agree with you with everything. If I was to have a shake during the day in place of a meal it needs to be casein. Im workin on getting some now. I knew I should but I have kinna delayed on it.

As for PWO cardio being pointless. It is very very hard for me to drop bf and get below 12%. I did 45min AM cardio 6x a week and I got to about 12%. I started doing 15-20min PWO cardio on top of that and I got to about 11%. Had a cheat meal..slacked with the cardio for a few days..and now prolly back to 12%. So...all in all its very hard for me to get lean, and thats really the only thing that has worked thus far.

Yea, you jsut have to make up your mind and make the decision. Some people jsut have to be more consistent than others and have less leeway when it comes to gaining fat. Dont cheat AT ALL and if you are feeling too depleted, or getting weak too fast (dropping a rep or two off a lift here and there is almost inevitable, especially while cutting naturally like yourself) then throw in a high carb day, but use more complex carbs and keep the fat at almost zero (just the amount that comes from your meat and other carbs) on those days. I would make the above suggested diet changes and let that get your a little further and once you stagnate bump the cardio to 45-60min in the am and 30min PWO. For now with the diet changes, jsut drop PWO cardio and make it 1hr in the morning.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Sounds good. That was actually my first cheat meal in about 5-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Sounds good. That was actually my first cheat meal in about 5-6 months.
    Yea, you probably needed it then LOL

But honestly cheating makes me feel kind of sick sometimes, and I get a lot fullertightere when my "cheat" consists of jsut a higher days of complex carbs. I am sure you know that though, hell, if I hadnt cheated in 6 months, I woudla been eating a whole freakin' pizza

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah..I actually started feeling sick after it...I guess once your body is used to a certain type of food then you throw something in it totally different it gets confused

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    WHy not?!?! Please dont say bc you are mixing carbs and fats...IMO that is so blown out of proportion its not even funny. THe carbs in veggies (green ones) are negligable anyways. Or are you saying that veggies and peanut butter dont mix taste wise?? I jsut eat for nutritional cvalue anyways, nto for taste...especially while cutting.

Also, chest...I woudl try 2 packets of FLAVORED oatmeal for your POW carb intake...I have found this to work well and it tastes great!! WHen I go back to bulking ill probably use one packet along with a malto/dex mixture.
    take ya some broccolli
    put some pb on it
    TELLM E THATS GREAT TASTING >< YUCK

btw im all about mixing carbs and fats .. we are oppertunistic omnivorous aminials.. we were designed to eat a mix

the only thing I really disagree with Tai about is that PWO cardio is pointless....I feel it can be necessary depending on your goals...especially if cutting is your goal....serious cutting. But I woudl never do PWO cardio unless I had already worked my way up to 45minutes of cardio in the morning on empty. Also....I woudl do at least 30 minutes of PWO cardio.

Chest, throw some casein in that nighttime shake if you cant have whole food. try tai's suggestions or lean ground beef/ chicken and some almonds. Anytime you have a shake during the day it should have some casein in it to slow abosrption b/c like tai said, whey is only in your system for 30-60 mintues...its not like you are going to eat again during that time, therefore, your muscles can go catabolic...and also casein will keep you from getting as hungry. The only time you should have whey only shakes is PWO.

Also, I can not stress how much extra sodium has helped with my sense of well being while cutting...keeping me fulelr and more pumped instead of me feelign stringy and flat like most do while cutting...casuing you to throw your goals out the window and bulk again (like what you are thinkign right now)
    see i do pwo cardio ONLY when i am unable to perform morning cardio but 2 is overkill unless ur a FatMo

yeah i EAT MAD SODIUM .. i look like im on Drol year round
    water = coushin/strenght/and cellular function.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well..I cant seem to get below 12% with AM cardio alone..no matter how clean the diet is...so PWO was added

Well..I cant seem to get below 12% with AM cardio alone..no matter how clean the diet is...so PWO was added
    well what time do u lift?
    if u lift around 5-6.. drink shake eat meal wait 2hrs do cardio before bed goto sleep EMPTY stomache trust me .. in 8 days of doing that u will notice huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    well what time do u lift?
    if u lift around 5-6.. drink shake eat meal wait 2hrs do cardio before bed goto sleep EMPTY stomache trust me .. in 8 days of doing that u will notice huge difference
    Honestly bro, no offense, but I would NEVER go straight to bed after cardio and without eating...NEVER, I am sorry Ijsut disagree 100% with this. Plus, he is already doing cardio in the morning and hitting the gym for weights later on, if he did cardio b4 bed, that would be 3 trips to the gym!!! That is not an option for most ppl., nor is it worth it IMO, unless MAYBE you were doing a comp.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah...I work 8 hours a day so goin to the gym 3 times a day would be reallly hard. Why go to sleep on empty...wouldnt that lead to extended catabolism while sleeping?

Honestly bro, no offense, but I would NEVER go straight to bed after cardio and without eating...NEVER, I am sorry Ijsut disagree 100% with this. Plus, he is already doing cardio in the morning and hitting the gym for weights later on, if he did cardio b4 bed, that would be 3 trips to the gym!!! That is not an option for most ppl., nor is it worth it IMO, unless MAYBE you were doing a comp.
    a brisk walk? something along that lines? not intense i talked to pinn about it.. he does it .. he is quite the BEAST and i started doing it .. now when i wake up to pee i do what pinn does i drink a lil soy/casein based protein shake in middle of night to aid in nitrogen ballance... but i feel leaner and harder when i do cardio before bed... do u really think sleeping would put u in a catabolic state? ur not even tapping ur GLYCOGEN RESERVES! ur using fatty acid oxidation to produce ur fuel for both sleep and low intensity cardio.

its one of those things u gotta try to believe i assure u its very effective and i know MANY people in my vacinity alone that do it and have been doing it for years and a few are even national qualifiers..

u dont hav to goto a gym to do Cardio 30 min of brisk walking .. is GREAT lol kinda gay though

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah I did read that...I did that 2 nights ago. Fell right asleep after

Monday June 26

Back/bi/traps

Deadlift
    315x8
    425x6
    455x1 Im officially extremely weak

tbar row
    3 platesx10
    4 platesx8
    5 platesx8
    5 platesx7

seated rows with straight bar
    135x10
    165x10
    185x7

lat pulldowns
    135x14
    165x8
    185x7

barbell curls (strict form this time)
    65x8
    85x8
    95x7

db preacher
    30x8
    25x8
    25x9

barbell shrugs in front
    225x15
    405x10
    455x9
    495x7

PWO cardio: 20 minutes (45mins in the A.M.)

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    seems like you're gonna go high...........keep it up bro!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Tuesday June 27

Chest/tri

Barbell bench..first time I've done this in awhile..scared id mess up my pec again

warm up
    185x10
    225x8
    245x8
    275x3 +2 assisted

incline db
    80x10
    90x8
    100x5 +2 assisted

flat flies
    35x8
    50x7
    45x9 I can honestly say this is like the 2nd time I've done flies in my life

db overhead ext
    70x10
    85x8
    90x7

cg bench EZ bar
    70x12x2
    90x7

abs

PWO cardio: 32 minutes

those bars seems alright to me...kep it up bro!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thursday June 29

Legs

squats
    315x10
    335x9
    365x9
    385x9 ..this felt goood

leg press
    540x18
    720x15
    810x15
    900x14

leg curls
    90x15
    110x12
    150x12

standing leg curls
    45px15x3

calf raises on angled machine
    15 reps 5 seconds down..5 up..2 second squeezxe at top

Excellent session..

Good to hear that evrything's alright then!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Friday June 30

shoulders/bi's

barbell military
    135x10
    155x8
    185x8
    205x6 came straight from work..pretty tired

standing laterals
    35x10
    50x8
    60x7

incline curls
    30x10x2
    40x8

hammer curls
    25x8
    20x8x2 these were done basically immediately after the previous exercise and done with 15 seconds rest. Had to do this to have time for cardio

PWO cardio: 25 mins

Only had 50 minutes to fit everything in..

50 minutes.......quite short on time.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah I know..stupid work

chest6 is offline Banned
    right after work to lift...I got there with 28 minutes til close

Back/bi/traps

wide grip pullups
    bw+45 5 reps
    bw 9 reps
    bw 6 reps

deadlift
    315x10
    365x8
    405x2 You can see how work affected me..

bent over row
    135x10
    155x12
    185x9
    185x8

bb curl
    65x10
    85x8
    95x7

incline curl
    35x8x2
    25x10

behind the back shrugs
    225x12
    405x8x2
    425x8

crappy session...but I didnt expect much. Cutting is getting old and is starting to really frustrate me with the strength loss and lack of fat loss..I'll start bulking in at most 2 weeks

Then i look forward to seeing your bars when bulking bro!

That gonna be totally different.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yep...me too man. My goal is to be hitting 5 plates for reps on squats within 6 weeks of when I start.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Wednesday July 5

Chest/tri Gym was closed yesterday

Flat bb bench
    warm up
    185x10
    225x8
    275x4 Tryin to make myself happy with #'s..needed to focus more on being smooth
    245x6 These were slow and controlled..failed on last rep without a spotter

incline db
    80x10
    90x7
    85x9

decline flies
    45x8
    50x10
    60x9 Gettin the hang of these..I like them now

dips
    bw+45lb 9 reps
    bw+45lb 7 reps
    bw+25lb 8 reps On these I was swinging a bit...need to work on this

cg bench
    65lbx8 Wrist was killing me. It started hurting like a week ago..no clue how it happened

tri pushdowns
    90x8
    90x9: 70x6 Stopped..wrist was killing

PWO cardio: 40 minutes

Wednesday July 5

Chest/tri Gym was closed yesterday

Flat bb bench
    warm up
    185x10
    225x8
    245x6 These were slow and controlled..failed on last rep without a spotter

incline db
    80x10
    90x7
    85x9

decline flies
    45x8
    50x10
    60x9 Gettin the hang of these..I like them now

dips
    bw+45lb 9 reps
    bw+45lb 7 reps
    bw+25lb 8 reps On these I was swinging a bit...need to work on this

cg bench
    65lbx8 Wrist was killing me. It started hurting like a week ago..no clue how it happened

tri pushdowns
    90x8
    90x9: 70x6 Stopped..wrist was killing

PWO cardio: 40 minutes
    not a bad session but uhh>><< dood thats a shit load of PRESSING MOVEMENTS really shud cut them in half..

chest6 is offline Banned
    7 sets is a lot? Usually I'll do 10. 4 sets on the first..3 on second and third..

7 sets is a lot? Usually I'll do 10. 4 sets on the first..3 on second and third..
    no u dork..

Flat bb bench
    warm up
    185x10
    225x8
    245x6

4sets there

80x10
    90x7
    85x9

3 sets there

bw+45lb 9 reps
    bw+45lb 7 reps
    bw+25lb 8 reps

3 more sets there

cg bench
    65lbx8
    and that one

its different angles but its still the same basic motion and will become redundent real fast

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah..kinna forgot bout that one time I was drivin to work I started thinkin bout that set of cg bench. How many pressing sets would you recommend for chest day?

Yeah..kinna forgot bout that one time I was drivin to work I started thinkin bout that set of cg bench. How many pressing sets would you recommend for chest day?
    lol i dunno how ever many u feel comfortable w/

chest6 is offline Banned
    Hm..I'll hafta think about that one. I was doin 10 and I got good results off of it..maybe I'll have to rethink it

Thursday July 6

Legs

ass to ground squats
    135x12
    185x10
    225x10
    315x5 tried to be like Nark..but I failed
    225x12 Ahhh these felt good

single leg short stride lunges
    135x8
    185x8
    225x8 burnningg

leg ext
    130x15 For the hell of it?

leg curls
    110x20
    130x12
    150x10
    170x6

standing leg curls
    45px12x2
    70lbx8

angled calf raise
    180x20x4 last set squeeze at top for 20 seconds..owww

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont' feel bad about failing

I'm superhuman

chest6 is offline Banned
    Missed back session tonight..I have food poisoning from salmon I ate last night...been throwin up and on the couch all day

chest6 is offline Banned
    Wednesday July 12

been throwing up the past 2 days..still felt like shit tonight

back/bi/traps

deadlift
    315x8
    365x7
    385x1 Woww

bent over row
    135x10
    185x8
    275x5: 225x2

seated row
    185x12
    205x15
    240x6

lat pull close grip
    130x10
    165x8x2

hammers
    25x10
    35x10
    40x8

incline curls
    35x5..then almost passed out

db shrugs
    130x8
    This was all I could do without falling over on the floor at this point

shitty session. I've lost weight and gotten fatter..I look like shit..i hate getting sick and I hate cutting..

chest6 is offline Banned
    FINALLY back in it. Got realllly bad food poisoning...I made it worse by trying to lift last wednesday..just delayed getting better..took the rest of the week off..first week off in forever. Now I have truly started bulking since getting sick interrupted..

Monday July 17

back/bi/traps

close grip pullups
    bw+45 2 reps...bigtime loss of strength in pullups..didnt really count this
    bw 8 reps
    bw 6 reps
    bw 5 reps

deadlift
    315x8
    385x8
    425x5 yesss..got my dl back even tho i was sick

bent over row
    225x8
    275x8
    295x8
    185x10

tbar row
    3px15
    5px10
    5px8: 4px8

bb curls strict
    65x8
    95x9
    85x8

hammers
    25x8
    35x7
    30x9

incline curls
    30x8
    30x5

barbell shrugs in front
    225x10
    405x8
    455x8
    495x7

db shrugs
    130x15

Great session back from bein sick..only strength loss that was more than a little was pullups..noticin a lil in bent over rows

chest6 is offline Banned
    Tuesday July 18

Chest/tri

Db incline
    80x8
    90x8
    100x8
    110x4

flat bb bench..slow and controlled..pecs were already shot after that 110
    185x10
    205x6
    185x8

flat flies (cant do decline..situating the db's and getting them into position confuses me..if someone has an idea how to do it..let me know )
    45x8
    60x8
    70x6

dips
    bw+45 8 reps
    6 reps
    5 reps
    bw 12 reps Strength down for these

tri pushdowns
    80x12
    100x8: 60x11

These hurt wrist. Been messin up..im gonna load up on glucosamine (sp) see if that helps?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Friday July 21

it was 92 degrees in here..AC broke. Plus lower back was still really sore

squats
    315x8
    335x8
    365x8
    405x4

short stride lunges
    135x10
    185x8
    225x8