Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Damn good numbers on your hacks. I agree that you could probably gone a tad heavier judging by the number of reps you hit on your drops, but sometimes legs respond better to a slightly higher rep range and slightly less weight.
    You're adapting really well. One suggestion that may help especially if your knees are complaining, is to hit your leg extensions first for higher reps to get your knees nice and warmed up, then move onto your other exercises. It may lower your working weights a bit at first, but as long as you are giving it all of.your effort, don't get too caught up in the numbers.
    Don't get me wrong, keep track of your weighs so you can judge progress, but don't go strictly for numbers. Use the mirror and how you are developing as well.
    Again, you've adapted really well!
    Sleep well!!!! I will for sure try heavier next time on hacks......I was already stunned I got it up to 300 with no issue, testing my body is fun.

Awe, leg extensions first, that's a good trick....so more for a warm up, not putting the weight on right?

The letting go of numbers is a hard one, but I am learning I like to try to get to a personal best.

Today I had 2, leg presses 470 and hacked 300......and can go up.....I love this stuff. It's crazy how much our bodies can do, I never thought I could do that.

I can feel my legs getting stronger!!!! Now to just tighten that ass.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it.
    Capebuffalo, clarky. and DocToxin8 like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    I love my supersets!!! The way you all train with the not stopping, I love that shit and finding you all here made it more at home to me. There have been only a couple of us at the gym that have trained that way for the past couple of years. I don't like breaks.....lol, if you have time for a break, you can be doing something....jump squats anyone?! NOW drops and heavy's and working and warms....that's all from here and I am LOVING IT!!!! It's creating more of a fire in my lifts......

You inspire me
    I'm the same way. If there is a line at the water fountain I just start doing squat thrust behind them to keep the blood going. The line usually gets shorter too. Never have figured out why.
    clarky., NACH3, songdog and 1 others like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Great session.....what's a rach pull? Would love to know. Is it just me or do others actually mimic exercises as I read them? Lol
    Thank you.
    Sorry FitChick, typo there lol. I ment Rack pull.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Alrighty guys!!! Since you all are killing it, I feel like I should too. My knee was tight when I got to the gym this morning. To loosen it up I started with lunges with a 50lb BB.....that got it loose and warm.

Hack Squat super set with lunges with BB's

Hack
    warm 260 8 reps
    1st work - 280 6 reps
    2nd work - 300 5 reps (this was a high for me and was actually not too bad, could have gone heavier)
    drop 280 7 reps

Walking Lunges (10 each leg)
    50lb BB
    50lb BB
    60lb BB
    60lb BB

Leg Press
    warm 360 10 reps
    1st work - 450 7 reps
    2nd work - 470 5 rep
    drop 430 - 6 reps
    drop 360 - 7 reps
    Smith Squats superset with Leg Extensions
    squats - deep, way deep, still honored knee, slow down and controlled up.
    warm - 90lb 10 reps
    1st - 110lb 10 reps
    2nd - 130lb 6 reps

Leg Ext.
    Warm 140 8 reps
    1st - 160 6 reps
    2nd - 165 5 reps
    drop - 150 7 reps fast up, slow down

Abs 35lbs plate declines 20 resp *3, superset with 30lb DB wide deep squats 10 sets each - DROP that booty to the floor....or close too

Lots of knee oblique raises too!!! Carving that V out.....when the fluff is gone the V will pop!

I got a great compliment today......there is for sure a morning crew that we all lift at the same time, lots of respect, but this morning a girl that has been there awhile....who I help once in a while, said "all the people here really respect how hard you work and push, you're a bad ass, you're like the mother hen" she was a little younger than I (okay in her later 20's), shocked I have a mid teen child........I freaking loved that shit! I love inspiring people. YOU CAN DO IT ALL. Raise babies, have a career and keep that body tight.......

OH AND SWEAT WAS DRIPPING!!!! Didn't stop moving!

HAPPY HUMP DAY HITTERS!
    Now, that is a session...
    All your hard work is getting noticed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Now, that is a session...
    All your hard work is getting noticed as well.
    It was a fun session!!! Thank you so much for noticing it! Its fun! This training is for sure making me stronger.

Thanks Clarky, really appreciate it.
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I'm the same way. If there is a line at the water fountain I just start doing squat thrust behind them to keep the blood going. The line usually gets shorter too. Never have figured out why.
    HA HA HA HA. I can totally see you doing this! A little thrusting never hurt anyone For sure gets the blood going, among other things.......

HA HA HA HA. I can totally see you doing this! A little thrusting never hurt anyone For sure gets the blood going, among other things.......
    That's what I've been told.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    AKD or D -

Great job on your rep ranges see that one more set makes a difference in volume

One think your strong on hacks - instead of dropping 45 lb plates for your drop set put a quarter on it'll cut the reps in half and you can do more drops as long as it fits into that rep range!

Very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    AKD or D -

Great job on your rep ranges see that one more set makes a difference in volume

One think your strong on hacks - instead of dropping 45 lb plates for your drop set put a quarter on it'll cut the reps in half and you can do more drops as long as it fits into that rep range!

Very well done!
    Thank you so much!!! On my hack, I dropped 20lbs.....I went to 280 from 300, should I have done it different? Sorry if I am confusing, just trying to understand.

I make all these notes on my spreadsheet and apply them my next lift.
    Capebuffalo and NACH3 like this.

Thank you so much!!! On my hack, I dropped 20lbs.....I went to 280 from 300, should I have done it different? Sorry if I am confusing, just trying to understand.

See I'm not the only one who can't do math.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been off from gym for 4 days. Went in today for back. Kinda hard to get in the motivation again. And kinda messing with my head, pain was back today. Not as bad but have spasm today. And the radiating in leg is still there. I guess I'll be getting all 3 shots .

Hit back tonight.

Seated CG rows 3w 1f 2w 1drop

Low pully hammer strength 2w 1d

High pully 2w

Tried a machine lat pull down. Didn't really like it. Did 2 light sets until normal opened up.

Then did two sets underhand grip pd 2w

Not the greatest session . But least I got inthere . Been stuck in the house last 2 days. Not a bad thing. The son and I have had a great time off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    almostgone, clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Been off from gym for 4 days. Went in today for back. Kinda hard to get in the motivation again. And kinda messing with my head, pain was back today. Not as bad but have spasm today. And the radiating in leg is still there. I guess I'll be getting all 3 shots .

Hit back tonight.

High pully 2w

Tried a machine lat pull down. Didn't really like it. Did 2 light sets until normal opened up.

Not the greatest session . But least I got inthere . Been stuck in the house last 2 days. Not a bad thing. The son and I have had a great time off.

'

Man, I can't wait to do back tomorrow. I love back. When you say machine Lat pull down, do you mean a Hammer one? Or like a free motion one? I really like the ones that are using plates......Love them actually.

Great job making it there.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

WARNING Guys!!!! I cannot promise I am not going to tear up my back tomorrow morning. I MAY do too much, but I LOVE it so much......I just disappear into the lifts on back days.

Hit back tonight.

High pully 2w

Buddy you got in there pain and all, clocked in and went to work. Hey, it may be only two shots. But if three makes you whole so be it. Did the doc give the go ahead on back work?

WARNING Guys!!!! I cannot promise I am not going to tear up my back tomorrow morning. I MAY do too much, but I LOVE it so much......I just disappear into the lifts on back days.
    You maybe the hardest ass I know. You have no quit. You only have more please. I'm going in in the morning. I can't take being sidelined anymore. Sfla is doing back after an epidermal, you're like duck it I'm killing it tomorrow. I'm doing something damn it. It's time for me to get back on the clock.

You maybe the hardest ass I know. You have no quit. You only have more please. I'm going in in the morning. I can't take being sidelined anymore. Sfla is doing back after an epidermal, you're like duck it I'm killing it tomorrow. I'm doing something damn it. It's time for me to get back on the clock.
    F' yeah, but honor your shoulder. A worse injury will put you out longer. Can't you do legs??

'

Man, I can't wait to do back tomorrow. I love back. When you say machine Lat pull down, do you mean a Hammer one? Or like a free motion one? I really like the ones that are using plates......Love them actually.

Great job making it there.
    It wasn't hammer strength. This one was called "matrix " I'll try finding a pic.

Buddy you got in there pain and all, clocked in and went to work. Hey, it may be only two shots. But if three makes you whole so be it. Did the doc give the go ahead on back work?
    They have never said anything to me about working out. I mean, I'm not the biggest guy but it's obvious I lift right? You would think they would say no lifting. Or take it easy lol.

Only thing was off my feet and no heavy lifting 24 hours after shot.

almostgone likes this.

F' yeah, but honor your shoulder. A worse injury will put you out longer. Can't you do legs??

If I keep my elbow down and in. Don't raise my arm to above parallel I'll be fine. I'm in my growth window. I can't miss it.
    Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

They have never said anything to me about working out. I mean, I'm not the biggest guy but it's obvious I lift right? You would think they would say no lifting. Or take it easy lol.

Only thing was off my feet and no heavy lifting 24 hours after shot.

Your chart says do you even lift bro?
    I'm sure they would have told you your limited to x. I would think.

Your chart says do you even lift bro?
    I'm sure they would have told you your limited to x. I would think.
    I would think too.

But these pain docs are so damn busy. Never know.

Oh well. I'm gonna continue going and doing what I'm doing

NACH3 likes this.

I would think too.

But these pain docs are so damn busy. Never know.

Oh well. I'm gonna continue going and doing what I'm doing

Make it do what it do brother. You'll know when you find the line. Just don't cross it.
    Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Sleep well!!!! I will for sure try heavier next time on hacks......I was already stunned I got it up to 300 with no issue, testing my body is fun.

Awe, leg extensions first, that's a good trick....so more for a warm up, not putting the weight on right?

The letting go of numbers is a hard one, but I am learning I like to try to get to a personal best.

Today I had 2, leg presses 470 and hacked 300......and can go up.....I love this stuff. It's crazy how much our bodies can do, I never thought I could do that.

I can feel my legs getting stronger!!!! Now to just tighten that ass.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it.

Yes, ma'am, exactly. It is something Kel mentioned a while back and it really does warm the knees, so it should help limit the chance of injury and keep your movements smooth.

Edit: If you wear knee sleeves, go ahead and put them on before you knock out your extensions.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-20-2017 at 01:23 AM.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Mixing up a shake and headed to the shop. Not sure how well it will go (shoulder is still being a wimp), but I'm headed in anyway.
    clarky. and Capebuffalo like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

LOL, usually I am fighting to get time to eat my lunch, but tonight I already had to eat and have only been here 43 minutes. Got shaky as fvck although I had a shake after lifting. My body acts stupid at times. . Still have a shake, 50g of plain shredded wheat and a few ounces of almonds for later.

1 set of crunches
    Front raises using my lightest band until I felt the blood move into anteriors.
    Broomstick stretches

Dry bar squats- 1x 20
    Plate/side- 1x 20
    2 plates/side- 1 x 20
    3 plates/side- 1 x 13, 1 x 12
    2 plates/side- 1 x 20
    Plate/side- 2 x 20
    Seated calf raises w/ a double pump at the bottom- 13, drop,7,drop,7+ reps.

53 minutes for everything.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-20-2017 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Time..

It was a fun session!!! Thank you so much for noticing it! Its fun! This training is for sure making me stronger.

Thanks Clarky, really appreciate it.
    Your welcome, you have fitted in here very very well, great to have you.
    AKD_FitChick and NACH3 like this.

Morning fellas/Ladies, back is nice and sore today. Love back, shoulders and traps the day and i might cut down on some ex so i can do a wee bit arms as am going away for the wk end so no training.

I'll get some pics for the big mans thread, anyway report back later. Time fucking flys when off on your hols eh.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Morning fellas/Ladies, back is nice and sore today. Love back, shoulders and traps the day and i might cut down on some ex so i can do a wee bit arms as am going away for the wk end so no training.

I'll get some pics for the big mans thread, anyway report back later. Time fucking flys when off on your hols eh.
    Enjoy the weekend, buddy! Will be watching for the pics.
    AKD_FitChick and clarky. like this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Morning to all in the dungeon!

Shit, i gotta say, compared to AKD_FitChick we look like slackers.
    a great motivator for us all.

Anyways, this is from my previous lats session;
    (It's in my comp log)

I'm posting it here for some critique or tips.

Back/lats program;

{st. bent-DB rows wide}
    {st. Row-BB} 3 sets to build up, 4th set was heavy!
    /i felt this worked fairly good, the 4th set was at the maximum weight and was at 8 reps for the bent over dumbbell rows/wide (targets lats and rear delts)
    and 8 reps for the standing row with barbell.
    (I followed 8+8 on all the sets)

{cable pullover}
    {Seated cable row} 4 sets
    /this was ok and seated cable rows always give a good pump,
    but I didn't reach failure

{seated row Mach}
    {Lat pull down} 3 sets to reach it, 4th set to kill it, but not really
    /i felt this was a good concept, but I didn't reach true failure at the 4th set
    I was increasing the weights for each set and it felt good though.
    Still doing 8+8 reps

Pullups: natural + assisted to get past failure: 3 sets, last one was really hell
    /this was golden! Just regular pull ups/chin ups with my own weight, no need to add weight at this point. Just did each set to regular failure, but had a plate I could whip out and stand on and determine how much help it would give me.
    The first sets I didn't let it help me that much when I reached failure and only managed to squeeze out a few extra reps.
    The last set I managed about 7 or 8 natural, and then did 8 more with help,
    but to get to +8 I had to struggle, I rested a bit while hanging at the bottom, then pulled myself up, and held the position for as long as possible, trying to drain both the static and negative part of the excersize.

Total time: 53min (-11min warmup)

Suggestions?

(And a good day to all!)

Good morning Ag Clarky Nacho Song D- and Doc.

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Morning all! Awake since 3:30, just reading on here. There is lots of good stuff here.

Can I say my booty is getting bigger, I love when I moved this morning and I can feel the soreness.......I LOVE that feeling. That means I got deep enough

Eager beaver, I am....to get my back pump on!

Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 04-20-2017 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Morning to all in the dungeon!

Shit, i gotta say, compared to AKD_FitChick we look like slackers.
    a great motivator for us all.

Anyways, this is from my previous lats session;
    (It's in my comp log)

I'm posting it here for some critique or tips.

Back/lats program;

{st. bent-DB rows wide}
    {st. Row-BB} 3 sets to build up, 4th set was heavy!
    /i felt this worked fairly good, the 4th set was at the maximum weight and was at 8 reps for the bent over dumbbell rows/wide (targets lats and rear delts)
    and 8 reps for the standing row with barbell.
    (I followed 8+8 on all the sets)

{cable pullover}
    {Seated cable row} 4 sets
    /this was ok and seated cable rows always give a good pump,
    but I didn't reach failure

{seated row Mach}
    {Lat pull down} 3 sets to reach it, 4th set to kill it, but not really
    /i felt this was a good concept, but I didn't reach true failure at the 4th set
    I was increasing the weights for each set and it felt good though.
    Still doing 8+8 reps

Pullups: natural + assisted to get past failure: 3 sets, last one was really hell
    /this was golden! Just regular pull ups/chin ups with my own weight, no need to add weight at this point. Just did each set to regular failure, but had a plate I could whip out and stand on and determine how much help it would give me.
    The first sets I didn't let it help me that much when I reached failure and only managed to squeeze out a few extra reps.
    The last set I managed about 7 or 8 natural, and then did 8 more with help,
    but to get to +8 I had to struggle, I rested a bit while hanging at the bottom, then pulled myself up, and held the position for as long as possible, trying to drain both the static and negative part of the excersize.

Total time: 53min (-11min warmup)

Suggestions?

(And a good day to all!)
    Awe thanks for the shout out Doc!! You all motivate me...... the moral support here is amazing.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

Defo can't do math like I used to lolol

Ida just stayed with that weight(RPd it) wait 15sec then go back at it and everything else seems right on point - those feelers are so important! Awesome job
    Capebuffalo likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    If I keep my elbow down and in. Don't raise my arm to above parallel I'll be fine. I'm in my growth window. I can't miss it.
    This is where retracting your shoulder blades and scapulas will help extraordinarily - w/DBs when pressing w/u your shoulders a lot and you can put a slight twist in the bells on the way down keeping elbow in - get into a groove first b4 going too heavy
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-20-2017 at 05:38 AM.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning AG, Clarky, Cape, song, D
    I see you down there Marcus what's up!

Back is decently sore I'm hoping it gets worse tomorrow lol - my mindset wasn't right yesterday maybe some delts and traps today

Well I went in

Seated leg extensions superset w/ alternating DB curls 1 w 2 working

Seated leg presses superset w/ ez bar curls 2 working

V bar push downs superset w/ machine dips 2 working

I was very deliberate and controlled. Never activated the shoulder. Feel good

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7495.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	168964
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 04-20-2017 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    This is where retracting your shoulder blades and scapulas will help extraordinarily - w/DBs when pressing w/u your shoulders a lot and you can put a slight twist in the bells on the way down keeping elbow in - get into a groove first b4 going too heavy
    Talking to my chiro he said it more than likely happened gettin in position with the dumbbell not the actual pressing movement.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Talking to my chiro he said it more than likely happened gettin in position with the dumbbell not the actual pressing movement.
    That's the hardest part hoisting em up

Same thing with me. Popping up heavy bells is hell on the shoulders. That's why I'm mainly working in the Smythe machine for a month or two and.then will reevaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Same thing with me. Popping up heavy bells is hell on the shoulders. That's why I'm mainly working in the Smythe machine for a month or two and.then will reevaluate.
    That's going to be my plan as well

Thread Information