Page 510 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1041046050050550650750850951051151251351451552056061010101510 ... LastLast
Results 20,361 to 20,400 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Hello fellow HIT'er

Ive been very busy with some hectic work issues what really needed my 100%, ive also been working on some personal projects so all my time as been spent up and couldn't spend any time here. Really needed to concentrate on some important stuff but I should be back now, or at least more often

I was taking it easy due to my injury and I managed a few weeks on a pull back and I just couldn't carry on, i'm sorry but lifting like a cvnt just isn't me, I would walk out of the gym feeling like a normal man and trust me that's not me, I need to feel like ive destroyed myself in someway so I've gone back to training serious again.

Even though ive been busy ive been going to the gym but been training my whole body once every 10 days and ive grown bigger, my muscles have gone bigger without any gear. I am stretching shirt sleeves and ripping shoulders out of my tops. I kid you not I am in a growth spurt and I have gone stronger than before. I am so ready for a cycle but I am going to carry on with my current workout plan and see how I am in 4 weeks. If things go well I am going to explode if I go on gear I can feel it and if I rest for longer my body grows bigger. I am seriously destroying my body what I mean by that is I am totally breaking down my muscle fibers and causing some serious trauma which works best for me.

Ive been working on my squat stance and trying to support my back more, my shoulder is still killing me but I am rubble rolling it every day now with also some glutes and hams myofasica stretching which has opened up my squat more and produce more power in many movements, I have also gone through serious pain doing my last and fuk me my back is going thicker now, its like got the blood flowing in places it didn't before.

I am still busy with many things but things are really good.

Been training with a new guy who doesn't know much but the poor guy couldn't walk or strengthen his foot or unlock his knees for over 8 days after legs with me, he collapsed twice on the street lol but his body has changed within 4 weeks already.

I hope not of you have slipped into volume or training like a girl????
    NACH3, Sfla80, DCI and 1 others like this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Shoulders are a bit stiff the day guys good stuff. Back at work full bore so probs not be back to the gym till fri afternoon and sat.

Guys really nice sessions going on there.
    Rest does a body good.
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    It's offical...first visit today. Maybe 5 weeks along

Attachment 156833
    Sweet! First kid for you or?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Hello fellow HIT'er

Ive been very busy with some hectic work issues what really needed my 100%, ive also been working on some personal projects so all my time as been spent up and couldn't spend any time here. Really needed to concentrate on some important stuff but I should be back now, or at least more often

I was taking it easy due to my injury and I managed a few weeks on a pull back and I just couldn't carry on, i'm sorry but lifting like a cvnt just isn't me, I would walk out of the gym feeling like a normal man and trust me that's not me, I need to feel like ive destroyed myself in someway so I've gone back to training serious again.

Even though ive been busy ive been going to the gym but been training my whole body once every 10 days and ive grown bigger, my muscles have gone bigger without any gear. I am stretching shirt sleeves and ripping shoulders out of my tops. I kid you not I am in a growth spurt and I have gone stronger than before. I am so ready for a cycle but I am going to carry on with my current workout plan and see how I am in 4 weeks. If things go well I am going to explode if I go on gear I can feel it and if I rest for longer my body grows bigger. I am seriously destroying my body what I mean by that is I am totally breaking down my muscle fibers and causing some serious trauma which works best for me.

Ive been working on my squat stance and trying to support my back more, my shoulder is still killing me but I am rubble rolling it every day now with also some glutes and hams myofasica stretching which has opened up my squat more and produce more power in many movements, I have also gone through serious pain doing my last and fuk me my back is going thicker now, its like got the blood flowing in places it didn't before.

Been training with a new guy who doesn't know much but the poor guy couldn't walk or strengthen his foot or unlock his knees for over 8 days after legs with me, he collapsed twice on the street lol but his body has changed within 4 weeks already.

Glad to see you back in here. Someone said you'd given up BBing and you'd gotten your arms down to 16" and your finally had that 'beach body' you've always wanted...

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hello fellow HIT'er

Glad to hear you are well, big guy! Still HIT here with a tweak towards volume for biceps, but still defo HIT.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Glad to see you back in here. Someone said you'd given up BBing and you'd gotten your arms down to 16" and your finally had that 'beach body' you've always wanted...
    hahahahahaha which cvnt said that,i'm hitting it harder than ever and trust me my arms and getting bigger. They wont be 16" for much lomger

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Glad to hear you are well, big guy! Still HIT here with a tweak towards volume for biceps, but still defo HIT.
    I hope only for a couple of wks then your going back to HIT
    almostgone likes this.

hahahahahaha which cvnt said that,i'm hitting it harder than ever and trust me my arms and getting bigger. They wont be 16" for much lomger
    I did. Just a few minutes ago seriously though I hope you've got the rc issue under control. That's a bitch
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

I did. Just a few minutes ago seriously though I hope you've got the rc issue under control. That's a bitch
    I know someone who just had surgery and I wont be going through that so I am just working around it, the way I train it isn't going to get better but I am doing a lot of rehab work on it and using a lot of warm ups and RC stretches.
    NACH3, almostgone and Java Man like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see & hear your doing well Marcus! definitely still HIT here too! No other way!

Hope the RC issue is getting better and better(it sounds like it is)!
    marcus300 likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Congrats SFLA!

Marcus, how was the basement?
    almostgone, marcus300 and Sfla80 like this.

I hope only for a couple of wks then your going back to HIT
    Yes boss. I'm just aiming to fill them up with blood. Below is my last arm lift from yesterday evening:

Well the goal is to fill up the arms w/blood and man, it happened. Got a very nice/painful burn and a good flush still going.

Seated alt. d'bell curls- 2 w/u, Work-12,drop,4-4-2
    Incline d'bell curl- 1 w/u, Work-6,drop,4,drop,3-2.5
    Bent over CC- Work-5,drop,6-2.5 and a couple of half reps. Got one more rep across the board with left arm vs. right.
    Seated hammer curl-6,drop,4,drop,2.5
    Triceps pressdown w/ rope- 2 w/u, Work-3,drop,1.5,drop,3.5. Was very weak on these think it was from really pushing the biceps.
    Close grip Smythe-1 w/u, Work-8-3,drop,3.5
    D'bell skulls- 1 w/u, Work-6.5,drop,3+

No kickbacks tonight but arms are junked. 47 minutes total. Will see how well the arms hold up tonight at work.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Congrats SFLA!

It was painful but pleasurable at the same time
    almostgone likes this.

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Shoulders today: 53 minutes!

BB Alternating Press 95x14, 115x8, 135x6 drop 125x6 drop 115x4.5 drop 105x5

DB Seated strict laterals: 25x12, 35x9 drop 30x5 drop 25x5, 40x6 drop 35x4 drop 30x4

Superset
    Standing Front Alternating DB raises: 20x10, 25x8, 30x6 drop 25x4
    W/ Seated Rear Laterals: 25x10, 30x8, 35x8 drop 30x6 drop 25x4

Arnold Press: 45x8 drop 40x6 drop 35x4 drop 30x5

Superset
    Cable Bent Over Laterals: 16.5x6, 11x8, 11x7
    W/ Behind Back Cable Laterals: 11x6, 11x6

Cable Upright Row: 39x8, 44x9, 55x8

BB Smith Front Shrugs: 192x10, 242x6, 262x6 hold10 sec

Cable shrugs: 55x12, 88x8, 110x6

20 minutes jogging

225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

Nice to have you back Marcus! The guys really stepped up and helped me out while you were gone. You've groomed quite a following here.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Welcome back Marcus.

Shoulder day
    seated DB press 70's to failure 3 sets 10, 10, 8
    upright cable row using rope superset with rear delt pull using rope. 3 sets failure
    Seated DB shrugs 3 sets which were volume pretty much volume sets since the DB's only go up to 90 (sorry marcus)
    anterior shoulder raises 3 sets failure
    BB shrugs 3 sets with alternating grip @315
    20 minutes of cardio.

Bodyfat seems to be coming down. I look better but the scale hasn't changed since I last weighed myself 3 weeks ago.
    Java Man and NACH3 like this.

Hey guys, Thanks for guiding me safely back into HIT after I had wondered back into high volume training for a few days. I'm feeling great in the gym despite recently dropping 1000 calories below maintenance and carb cycling to cut up. Hopefully I won't need to do this too long. Just want to get down in 10-12% range, preferably closer to 10, but baby steps!

I just finished the fourth day of the carb cycling. The first three days were the low-carb days, today was the first "high carb" day. Ironically, that's still only half of my usual Carb intake.

My blast comes into full effect this week due to the long ester. That should help the cuts while maintaining the muscle.

I took a front and back pic today. Please look them over and give me your opinions on weak spots and recommended exercises for addressing them. Currently addressing the body fat.

Thanks!

Attachment 156845

It only lets me attach one at a time. I'll post back in next reply.

DCI likes this.

Back side.

Attachment 156846

NACH3 likes this.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Hard to tell from the pics. Delts look good and that might be what makes your lats seem lagging. The little bit of fat that your wasteline is holding will help make them look bigger when its gone. (mine's holding quite a bit at the moment) But it could all be the angle of the pic. Just my .02 If you could get someone else to take a lat spread pic It would be easier.

But good job on your progress thus far

Back shot looking good, Tduff. You'll not hear me critiquing on bf% as I'm always too fat, but just looking @ your back, your rear delts look good and fits with your arm nicely. More lats and just a tad more trap would really set it off. Building up the back thickness would be a plus, but your hard work is showing, buddy.

Tduff - Back thickness needs work, bicep peak and side delts. Concentrate on all these areas and you will looks huge by some small changes. Good size overall and showing improvements

Cant tell with your chest you seem to have a Grizzly bear attached to it.

When doing your sets warm up well, then compact your working sets into 1 -2 at the most. Use beyond failure methods if need be but put everything into that one set, don't waste reps once you have warmed up pyramiding weights up, use feeler sets to judge your working set, safe your strength and then on the working set go all out, failure and I mean failure. Don't just hit s certain rep range forget reps push to failure and then some more. Absolutely destroy the muscle, break it down so it as no alternative but to grow and then rest the muscle until its repaired. Its not about hitting the numbers ie a certain number of sets or reps, its all about that one or two working sets if you want to use HIT in its true fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    Hey guys, Thanks for guiding me safely back into HIT after I had wondered back into high volume training for a few days. I'm feeling great in the gym despite recently dropping 1000 calories below maintenance and carb cycling to cut up. Hopefully I won't need to do this too long. Just want to get down in 10-12% range, preferably closer to 10, but baby steps!

I just finished the fourth day of the carb cycling. The first three days were the low-carb days, today was the first "high carb" day. Ironically, that's still only half of my usual Carb intake.

My blast comes into full effect this week due to the long ester. That should help the cuts while maintaining the muscle.

I took a front and back pic today. Please look them over and give me your opinions on weak spots and recommended exercises for addressing them. Currently addressing the body fat.

Thanks!

Attachment 156845

It only lets me attach one at a time. I'll post back in next reply.

If you find that you seem to be dropping muscle, maybe try going just 500 cal. below maintenance.
    marcus300 likes this.

Thanks Scotty, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Back shot looking good, Tduff. You'll not hear me critiquing on bf% as I'm always too fat, but just looking @ your back, your rear delts look good and fits with your arm nicely. More lats and just a tad more trap would really set it off. Building up the back thickness would be a plus, but your hard work is showing, buddy.
    Thanks AG. Lats, traps, and back thickness. Got it!

If you find that you seem to be dropping muscle, maybe try going just 500 cal. below maintenance.
    Correct, no need to drop under maintenance when carb cycling straight away especially 1000 cals, read my diet post on carb cycling Tduff
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Duly noted. Hoping the blast doesn't allow that to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Tduff - Back thickness needs work, bicep peak and side delts. Concentrate on all these areas and you will looks huge by some small changes. Good size overall and showing improvements Cant tell with your chest you seem to have a Grizzly bear attached to it. When doing your sets warm up well, then compact your working sets into 1 -2 at the most. Use beyond failure methods if need be but put everything into that one set, don't waste reps once you have warmed up pyramiding weights up, use feeler sets to judge your working set, safe your strength and then on the working set go all out, failure and I mean failure. Don't just hit s certain rep range forget reps push to failure and then some more. Absolutely destroy the muscle, break it down so it as no alternative but to grow and then rest the muscle until its repaired. Its not about hitting the numbers ie a certain number of sets or reps, its all about that one or two working sets if you want to use HIT in its true fashion.
    Back thickness again, bicep peaks, and side delts (the caps?). Got it.

My wife was just talking to me about trimming that grizzly too...haha

I will work on getting those working sets down to 1-2 of all out effort. Still trying to do this with perfect form, that's my current struggle point...once beyond failure my form begins to suffer.

Thanks Marcus! Great having you back.

almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Correct, no need to drop under maintenance when carb cycling straight away especially 1000 cals, read my diet post on carb cycling Tduff
    Understood. Wanted to try something a bit more aggressive as I can't seem to get rid of the fat lol still learning this stuff.

Do you have a link to that post? Or is it in this thread? If so, I already have it saved

I will work on getting those working sets down to 1-2 of all out effort. Still trying to do this with perfect form, that's my current struggle point...once beyond failure my form begins to suffer.

If you haven't got a partner use dropsets or rest pause to get deep into your working set. Perfect form then use one of those but every time go to failure. Don't think I'll stip now because I've got to drop set or do 2 rest pause, go to total failure on each drop or rest pause and watch your body respond
    almostgone and Java Man like this.

Understood. Wanted to try something a bit more aggressive as I can't seem to get rid of the fat lol still learning this stuff.

Do you have a link to that post? Or is it in this thread? If so, I already have it saved

Its in this thread but I will repost it tonight if you cant find it, but you don't want to get more aggressive with fat loss at the cost of precious muscle tissue, slowly slowly wins the race. Muscle is hard to build don't waste any away with harsh diets what may rip right through it .
    almostgone likes this.

Little bits in those areas will transform the whole look of your body, your holding great size and structure and you have some decent muscle but build on those areas and you will look a lot bigger. When doing delts start with side laterals, when doing back start with thickness and so on
    almostgone likes this.

I know someone who just had surgery and I wont be going through that so I am just working around it, the way I train it isn't going to get better but I am doing a lot of rehab work on it and using a lot of warm ups and RC stretches.
    Yep I hear you there. We do what we have to I suppose. Not lifting is out of the question. My shoulders and back aren't in top shape anymore either but I work with it, as we all do.
    almostgone likes this.

I just killed legs. No narrative. I'm too damned tired!
    almostgone likes this.

I just killed legs. No narrative. I'm too damned tired!
    Lol, that speaks for itself, Java!
    Java Man and NACH3 like this.

Lol, that speaks for itself, Java!
    lmao. yep!
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hello fellow HIT'er

Nice to see you back wee man hahaha Big man i hope you have your BP meds as summer is just about here and the tren threads have started lol.
    Got to go to work i'll speak to you later big man great to have you back.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Well I was able to hold down all my food yesterday... So I will be going and hitting chest or legs... If shoulder feels right chest it is

Tduff, nice work... Maybe try moving those muscle groups up in your split(my shoulders and back were lagging even more earlier... so it worked well for me... But I also did it to get the most out of my Shoulders/Back as they were lagging in spots(still need to work on it all) just food for thought... I really need to get my shoulders popping more!

Morning all!

Great to have you back Marcus!
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-07-2015 at 04:42 AM.
    DCI, Java Man, almostgone and 1 others like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Was this while on cycle?

Congrats!!
    Thanks! and timing probably first or second week of cycle......but cruising for 3 months before this too.

Crazy happened fast, just started trying like 2 monthsago.

Congrats, Sfla. Who is more excited, you or the wife?
    Shes already got books and everything so I wuld have to say her...im still in shock lol....but excited. first year anniversary next week, so kinda gets easier now for gift ideas lmao

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Congrats SFLA!

Thank you sir.

NACH3, almostgone and Java Man like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Fck sake the week I do de load the big fcker himself is back on here.

Great to see you post again Marcus we've all been pushing each other on here in your absence

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice to see you back big man, we have all been kickin arse here while you were away. I have gone more towards the tradition HIT style, not wasting so much energy on the feeler sets and doing drops, I like it and will continue to evolve my style in this direction.

Legs today, kept it civil due to the knee and having to work in a basement, sore knee and stairs is a fuker.

Treadmill 5min with stretching and some crunches for a warm up.

Extensions: 3 feel, 1 working 1 drop.

Hack facing inwards: 2 feel, 1 working. Went to 4 plates and tried to go deep, got pretty deep and the contraction in the quad felt great.

Press: 2 feel, 1 working. Kept it to 8 plates so the knee wouldn't tweak, went deep and got some blood pumping.

Stiff deads: 2 working. These and curls have been really causing grief but I did two sets and felt ok, kept it light.

Stand calf: 2 feel, 1 working double drop, calves were on fire.

Eliptical for 10 min, haven't done this in about 10 years, kida tough after leg day but felt good.

Been working long hours and weekends so I am dead tired by bed time(8:30) but by the time I have my pre workout(4:30) I feel pretty good and rested. I have dropped the starchy carbs at lunch and replaced with a shit-ton of veggies and some healthy fats, need to trim down a bit, going back to Cali to visit our old friends in a couple weeks and want to look better with my shirt off.

Shoulders tomorrow, going to hit it hard and take things well into failure, I need these things to grow into cannon balls.

Thread Information