Page 500 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 40045049049549649749849950050150250350450551055060010001500 ... LastLast
Results 19,961 to 20,000 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I am jealous... I don't get to train alone much
    Opposite for me I would love to have a partner

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Opposite for me I would love to have a partner
    Dont get me wrong a partner is nice but anytime i loose one there is always someone else to jump right in. The only time i can train alone is if a go to another gym

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I prefer to train alone, but not having someone to spot or help push you has it's draw backs. I find if your partner is as motivated as you and doesn't hold you back, then they are an asset, but if it is one of those that doesn't always show up, or distracts you, then time to let them go. I had a good partner once, we complimented each other well, he was a strong chest guy and I was a strong back guy. He was a big bastard too, 6'5" 290 to my 6'6" 270, once we started throwing around tonnage it got people's attention. It was a good run, but I haven't had a good one since and prefer to put my ear buds in and go at it alone.
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Yip with you there zempey tunes on and just get pounding away. But there is times when your just at that sticking point screeming in side screeming and you could just do with a wee finger to help push/pull past that bit.
    Last edited by clarky.; 04-26-2015 at 07:31 AM.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Yip with you there zempey tunes on and just get pounding away. But there is times when your just at that sticking point screeming in side screeming and you could just do with a wee finger to help push/pull past that bit.
    That's what I'm sayin clarky... Just someone at least to give me 5 forces

@Bio/Zempy - don't get me wrong I love to tune all others out too and just get pounding away as others do slow me down lol
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Lol...

There's a hot figure skater who goes to my gym. I have the hots on her, and I don't even acknowledge that she exists once I start my squat session... So yeah. Training is my solitude...

But anyway, what is everyone's opinion on giving girls chocolates? I was gonna give her an easter bunny shaped chocolate and my friend told me it was creepy to give girls candy in a gym...

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    clarky., NACH3 and almostgone like this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

That's what I'm sayin clarky... Just someone at least to give me 5 forces

@Bio/Zempy - don't get me wrong I love to tune all others out too and just get pounding away as others do slow me down lol
    I see training partners at my gym they just talk talk talk and there are others that know what the score is nach and these guys just train no very muck talk at all.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I know a fvcking easter bunny she would kick your ass boy
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I see training partners at my gym they just talk talk talk and there are others that know what the score is nach and these guys just train no very muck talk at all.
    Lmao...

Clarky, there is a fine line for sure, and I almost feel they would slow me down but at the same time I would be going waay beyond failure . It surely can be done both ways!! I'm heading to do arms...

Lmao...

Clarky, there is a fine line for sure, and I almost feel they would slow me down but at the same time I would be going waay beyond failure . It surely can be done both ways!! I'm heading to do arms...
    I just like getting in doing ma sh*t and out simple as that. Have a good session mate smash it
    NACH3 likes this.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim
    Lol... But anyway, what is everyone's opinion on giving girls chocolates? I was gonna give her an easter bunny shaped chocolate and my friend told me it was creepy to give girls candy in a gym...
    Never. No! How old are u?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim
    Lol... There's a hot figure skater who goes to my gym. I have the hots on her, and I don't even acknowledge that she exists once I start my squat session... So yeah. Training is my solitude... But anyway, what is everyone's opinion on giving girls chocolates? I was gonna give her an easter bunny shaped chocolate and my friend told me it was creepy to give girls candy in a gym...
    Man she's going to gym to burn off that chocolate, give her a protein shake for her postworkout atleast

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Incline press

wide grip press

db flys

Peckdeck superset incline machine press

cable crossovers

40 minutes cardio and done
    NACH3, clarky. and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Arms this am... Clarky I fvkin smashed em good

Warm ups(seated/standing side/front laterals) RCs/SMF/stretching(hammies... Getting better - not pulling as much on low back)...

Close grip smith - 3 feelers 1w PB(325 4 1 force)/ DD(4/2) all RPs

O-Bar curl - 1 feel 1w(115)5 DD 4/2 then 95 to failure very slow and under tension for at least 5s eccentric/& concentric

Lying DB press - 1w 7 DD 6/4/suppersetted w/one arm extensions(2w 6-10 1Drop 6-8

Standing DB hammers - 2w 5/4 1drop 3

Rope push downs 2w(6-8) suppersetted - Tri grip push downs 2w 6/5 1drop 4

Cable curls heavy slowly timed under tension - 2w 6/5 1 drop 4-6

Single arm push downs(front/& reverse) 3w(6-10)

Hammer strength preachers - 2w(6/4) 1 drop 4-6 then 5 negs 5+s concentric part of lift...

Abs and done... Went a lil lighter but realky gotta great pump(people were coming up to me and complimenting my "lumps/traps etc under my long clothes - pretty cool to hear) . Another great session! Definitely tore it up fellas!!!
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Sound like a good session nach good stuff. What do you do for traps nach ??
    NACH3 likes this.

And look at that 500 pages class.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Sound like a good session nach good stuff. What do you do for traps nach ??
    Thx,

Traps I hit w/shoulders(I like doing side laterals(45 angle and focus on bringing em up and back - hitting delts/traps and rhomboids), reverse cable flies(low/high), shrugs, and up-right rows holding contraction at top - and I like suppersetting some shrugs w/them) always keep my shoulders back/& down during movement etc...

Anything you do that j could incorporate in(I'm loving working my shoulders/traps again - the way I'd like . Only thing is I can't do reverse flies w/DB b/c of form

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    I have a confession. I cheated on HIT after i finished my pullback week Friday. Tried a high volume Arnold type program. Couldn't get the damn workouts under 90-110 minutes. It was ridiculous. It's been a rough past 3 days. I was just concerned I wasn't able to hit all the angles and work all the particulars of my muscles with so few exercises. Figured a blast was a good time to try a heavy volume routine. Admittedly, I went a bit overboard on the program I built: training each muscle twice weekly, supersetting opposing muscles, over 20 sets per muscle on average, plus abs...overkill for this aging male.

So, question for the HIT veterans, and Marcus when he returns to us: is it acceptable to incorporate more exercises to target all angles of a muscle in HIT? For instance:

Behind neck BB Press
    Rear DB Laterals
    Upright EZ rows
    Forward DB laterals
    Arnold presses
    BB Shrugs

Doing the 1-2 feelers and 1-2 working each? Following this workout by either abs or cardio training, alternating days.

Or is that just too much to meet the intensity demands of HIT? And then better to do half one felt workout and the other half the next time, switching it up over time to build all angles.

227, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 405, dead 465.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I'm not Marcus or AG, Kel, Bio, clarky etc etc etc or a vet to this but I'm getting it down... And absolutely love it, and it's results

Of course you can hit every muscle at any angle you want... It is BBing... So one must hit all muscles at various angles to achieve full symmetry! And doing HIT w/heavier reps(in acquired rep range during w/and drops is key) 6-10 possibly 12(for accessory work more so) but I try and keep it at the 10 rep range w/all working and drops!

Look at the w/o's that Marcus Kel and AG Bio Clarky, DCI, Sfla among others that have been doing this for longer than we have been lifting(but do any one of them have un proportioned physiques - hell no - their built exceptionally (Marcus/Kel @ 250+ or whAt looks to be 260-270 all f-in ripped all yr long and have great symmetry)...

I think your overthinking this Tduff... Just get a plan stick w/it and bust your ass like never b4(I've found a whole new love for this sport) just finding this thread and this site - it's totally transformed my body and the fun has just begun Get in there and kill it!

Edit** I'm missing many lifters nothin personal didn't want to name the whole thread lol(DCI, Sfla, Scotty, everyone)
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-26-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I'm not Marcus or AG, Kel, Bio, clarky etc etc etc or a vet to this but I'm getting it down... And absolutely love it, and it's results Of course you can hit every muscle at any angle you want... It is BBing... So one must hit all muscles at various angles to achieve full symmetry! And doing HIT w/heavier reps(in acquired rep range during w/and drops is key) 6-10 possibly 12(for accessory work more so) but I try and keep it at the 10 rep range w/all working and drops! Look at the w/o's that Marcus Kel and AG Bio Clarky, among others that have been doing this(but do any one of them have un proportioned physiques - hell no - their beasts and ripped all yr long and have great symmetry)... I think your overthinking this Tduff... Just get a plan stick w/it and bust your ass like never b4(I've found a whole new love for this sport) just finding this thread and this site - it's totally transformed my body and the fun has just begun Get in there and kill it!
    Haha you're right. I overthink everything....Its one of my weaknesses. I hear ya and agree....I'll start sharing my HIT workouts herein out for feedback and work at killing them. I appreciate ya nach!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure the ones that've been doing this much longer than I will chime in . Hey yhsts why I came into this thread to get the best info on lifting and they changed my thinking real quick and for good thats for sure... Now what works for some diesnt work for everyone but the volume didn't and I was doing the same split Arnold's and was overtraining not trying hard enough!!!!
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-26-2015 at 04:20 PM.

I'm sure the ones that've been doing this much longer than I will chime in . Hey yhsts why I came into this thread to get the best info on lifting and they changed my thinking real quick and for good thats for sure... Now what works for some diesnt work for everyone but the volume didn't and I was doing the same split Arnold's and was overtraining not trying hard enough!!!!
    Point taken. I'm onboard for the same transition! Hopefully, it works as good for me!

NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    Point taken. I'm onboard for the same transition! Hopefully, it works as good for me!

I hope so as well! You'll be fine, tbh I re read this thread in two nights lol and learned soooo much valuable info(videos that just make you want yo go out and smash somethin lol) but lifting works even better

GL Tduff!!!

Roger11 is offline Member
    marcus, where are you mate?

I hope so as well! You'll be fine, tbh I re read this thread in two nights lol and learned soooo much valuable info(videos that just make you want yo go out and smash somethin lol) but lifting works even better GL Tduff!!!
    Blows my mind you read it in 2 nights!!! Nice man. I need to do the same.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Man, fml.

Played softball Friday night, left straight from there to an out of state tournament. got to the hotel at 3am, had an 8 am game. Woke up at 6, wanted to get a good breakfast but the fu+kers I went with wanted McDonald's. Fml again.

Went and played the first game, we lost by 1 in extra innings. So we go check the bracket, our next game was 330 Sunday morning. Fml again
    show up at the field about 315, ready to play. . Games were pushed back from other games that went extra innings. We didn't get to play until 430 am.
    Lost that game pretty bad. We were all tired, ready to go home Anyways.
    Got home 930 am. Slept till 1230, had two league games today. Hurt my arm trying to make a throw from the outfield. Iced the hell out of it tonight, but my entire body feels destroyed.

Rough weekend. I'm taking the summer off of playing ball. Lifting weights has proven to give a lot fewer injuries
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger11 View Post
    He'll be back soon. Said he got lots of work and a side project or two going.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I have a confession. I cheated on HIT after i finished my pullback week Friday. Tried a high volume Arnold type program. Couldn't get the damn workouts under 90-110 minutes. It was ridiculous. It's been a rough past 3 days. I was just concerned I wasn't able to hit all the angles and work all the particulars of my muscles with so few exercises. Figured a blast was a good time to try a heavy volume routine. Admittedly, I went a bit overboard on the program I built: training each muscle twice weekly, supersetting opposing muscles, over 20 sets per muscle on average, plus abs...overkill for this aging male.

So, question for the HIT veterans, and Marcus when he returns to us: is it acceptable to incorporate more exercises to target all angles of a muscle in HIT? For instance:

Behind neck BB Press
    Rear DB Laterals
    Upright EZ rows
    Forward DB laterals
    Arnold presses
    BB Shrugs

Doing the 1-2 feelers and 1-2 working each? Following this workout by either abs or cardio training, alternating days.

Or is that just too much to meet the intensity demands of HIT? And then better to do half one felt workout and the other half the next time, switching it up over time to build all angles.

IMO, it's kind of individual thing, but I try to picture the muscle group I working on and attack it in a semblance of order. For example, shoulders:

R/C exercises and broomstick stretches ( got to protect those shoulders). Then for my lift it would go something like this:

D'bell press for anterior heads
    Side laterals for medial heads
    High cable pulls or d'bell reverse flyes for posterior heads
    B'bell shrugs to the front for traps
    B'bell shrugs to the rear for traps
    D'bell shrugs with my heaviest bells just to use up the last of my energy. These are slow reps and I've been getting a really decent pump.

Usually by the time I get to the d'bell shrugs, I am spent so if I can get 8 good reps with a nice slow positive and negative, I'm trashed.
    But that is just what is working for me at the moment. But take a look at the exercises and you can see I started with the anteriors, worked my way to medials, around to posterior heads, and then blasted traps.
    If everything goes well and I don't get distracted, that is probably a 35-40 minute lift, roughly. But each muscle group is totally fried.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-27-2015 at 01:19 AM. Reason: p!ss poor typing....
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I know Clarky goes with a higher volume on shoulders, , because it treats his joint better..That just shows that we all have to make tweaks/adjustments to what suits us individually.
    I'm just now going with higher volume on biceps to see what kind of a response I will get.
    clarky. likes this.

Blows my mind you read it in 2 nights!!! Nice man. I need to do the same.

That is a lot of reading. When I got back into lifting last year, I read for roughly 2 weeks and then re-read again.
    NACH3 likes this.

I'm not Marcus or AG, Kel, Bio, clarky etc etc etc or a vet to this but I'm getting it down... And absolutely love it, and it's results

Of course you can hit every muscle at any angle you want... It is BBing... So one must hit all muscles at various angles to achieve full symmetry! And doing HIT w/heavier reps(in acquired rep range during w/and drops is key) 6-10 possibly 12(for accessory work more so) but I try and keep it at the 10 rep range w/all working and drops!

Look at the w/o's that Marcus Kel and AG Bio Clarky, DCI, Sfla among others that have been doing this for longer than we have been lifting(but do any one of them have un proportioned physiques - hell no - their built exceptionally (Marcus/Kel @ 250+ or whAt looks to be 260-270 all f-in ripped all yr long and have great symmetry)...

I think your overthinking this Tduff... Just get a plan stick w/it and bust your ass like never b4(I've found a whole new love for this sport) just finding this thread and this site - it's totally transformed my body and the fun has just begun Get in there and kill it!

Edit** I'm missing many lifters nothin personal didn't want to name the whole thread lol(DCI, Sfla, Scotty, everyone)
    Thanks, but you give me too much credit. I'm just an (almost) 51 year old man that enjoys lifting and the challenge of peeling off the fat while generating muscle growth. It can be a challenge with my work schedule, but it is a challenge I enjoy.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-27-2015 at 01:22 AM.
    clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Behind neck BB Press
    Rear DB Laterals
    Upright EZ rows
    Forward DB laterals
    Arnold presses
    BB Shrugs

Tduff don't try and hit the muscle from all angles in one session. If doing HIT right you won't be able to do this anyway. Hit it from one or two angles one session then next session hit it from a different angle you will be able to give it more this way then the whole muscle gets good development as your putting 100% into it each session.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger11 View Post
    He has been informed of your slacking Roger and you will be delt with once he comes back. So if i was you i would not want him back in a hurry there will be eye ball shacking.

almostgone and Roger11 like this.

Ok am just going to the physio in 20min i'll pop back in a wee bit guys.
    almostgone likes this.

Exactly.what Clarky said. If you look at my example, I hit each head of the delts with one exercise to complete failure. The only reason I blast traps from the front and rear is because I feel my traps like it better. The d'bell shrugs are a "finisher", to use whatever gas is left in the tank.
    However, if there are you exercises that I want to incorporate, I would swap them out every other lift or so.
    I find it helpful to keep a lifting logbook so I can look back for reference/ to evaluate progress.
    NACH3 likes this.

Ok am just going to the physio in 20min i'll pop back in a wee bit guys.
    Hope it's good session, Clarky. Is it giving you some relief?

Took vacation tonight. Trimmed the trees back with a polesaw for a shade over 35 yards of the driveway, still have another 50 or so to be completely done, but there are fewer trees to be trimmed. It's almost time to have some gravel hauled in.
    Despite wearing my Wiley's, I still got a piece of a wood chip in my right eye. Scratched the dickens out of it, but other than being red, I believe it is GTG.

Headed to the shop to work shoulders in a little bit.
    clarky. likes this.

Dang, Clarky.Give Marcus a quick ring so he can be post# 20,000!!!
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Exactly.what Clarky said. If you look at my example, I hit each head of the delts with one exercise to complete failure. The only reason I blast traps from the front and rear is because I feel my traps like it better. The d'bell shrugs are a "finisher", to use whatever gas is left in the tank.
    However, if there are you exercises that I want to incorporate, I would swap them out every other lift or so.
    I find it helpful to keep a lifting logbook so I can look back for reference/ to evaluate progress.
    X2 i like doing traps from front & back and a wee note book is a very very good tool in BB you think you can remember but nit a chance great tool to help with progress.

Hope it's good session, Clarky. Is it giving you some relief?
    She said if is way better but i need to stop shoulders for a few wks to let it heal. FFS how can a do that AG you know it drives us mad but dam man i need this better it is just holding me back i still get a wee niggle from it so maybe i should actually practice what i preach lol.

I know Clarky goes with a higher volume on shoulders, , because it treats his joint better..That just shows that we all have to make tweaks/adjustments to what suits us individually.
    I'm just now going with higher volume on biceps to see what kind of a response I will get.
    Yip tduff as AG said i have to do high reps light weight becsuse of this prob i have i just can not do HIT with shoulders and it even gives me a bit of jip doing chest (flys) mostly. Play around and see what works for you just like AG is doing with bi's and just like we do with our doses to find our sweet spot that works for US wee are all different.

Thanks, but you give me too much credit. I'm just an (almost) 51 year old man that enjoys lifting and the challenge of peeling off the fat while generating muscle growth. It can be a challenge with my work schedule, but it is a challenge I enjoy.
    AG you deserve every single bit of credit you get you have helped me alot over the years and i have so much respecet for you. The knowledge you have is incredible.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information