Page 511 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1141146150150650750850951051151251351451551652156161110111511 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,440 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

  1. #20401
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,678
    Leg press superset calf extensions

    Leg extensions

    Leg curls

    Wall sits

    Weighted lounges across the gym

    40 minutes low intensity cardio and done
    DCI, almostgone, NACH3 and 1 others like this.

  2. #20402
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Chest this am - weight down to 192 not too bad considering(strength still up)

    Stretching SMR RCs lateral raises/front raises to loosen up

    1. Smith incline - 3 feelers 1w(325)6(2forces too) DD 315 - RPs 3.5/2

    Flat DB press just went w/tge 105s todat - 1w6/7? DD 4/2.5 all RP

    Flat flies(60s) tough on shoulder - 2w 7/4.5

    DECLINE GAMNER STRENGTH / 2w(3 plates aside) 8/5/ 1 drop 3.5(to many reps)

    Cables(high down side) 2w
    Suppersetted w/pec deck alternating Palm down and reg grip all RP

    Abs body weight
    Another good session guys - I'm totally spent - having my weight slightly down I could feel it in my lifts but all in all strength was still up though weight wasn't where I want...
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-07-2015 at 07:50 AM.
    DCI, clarky. and Java Man like this.

  3. #20403
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Trying to post some pics but I'm retarded lol... I'll put em in my profile...

    Hey Fellas any suggestions on what I can do to spark some more growth?! I've yet to try a true pre-exhaust b4 presses(mainly due to my shoulder but I need some changes! Thx!
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-07-2015 at 08:09 AM.

  4. #20404
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Little bits in those areas will transform the whole look of your body, your holding great size and structure and you have some decent muscle but build on those areas and you will look a lot bigger. When doing delts start with side laterals, when doing back start with thickness and so on
    Thanks Marcus! Recommendations for best thickness exercises?

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

  5. #20405
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Its in this thread but I will repost it tonight if you cant find it, but you don't want to get more aggressive with fat loss at the cost of precious muscle tissue, slowly slowly wins the race. Muscle is hard to build don't waste any away with harsh diets what may rip right through it .
    If it's not too much trouble it would help a lot. If it is, I will find it. I'm not sure I'm thinking of the correct one...if so, I did copy and paste it some time ago to re-digest.

    Are you preferring I go back to maintenance and work it off slowly, or slightly below that? My calories are always net calories. So, although the goal is 1000 below, which is 1900, a descent workout and cardio session put me close to my original 2900 maintenance due to the extra calories they afforded me.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

  6. #20406
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    If you haven't got a partner use dropsets or rest pause to get deep into your working set. Perfect form then use one of those but every time go to failure. Don't think I'll stip now because I've got to drop set or do 2 rest pause, go to total failure on each drop or rest pause and watch your body respond
    I admit that I am holding back a tad in the initial drop and rest pause sets, just when my form starts getting compromised.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

  7. #20407
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312
    Hard to tell from the pics. Delts look good and that might be what makes your lats seem lagging. The little bit of fat that your wasteline is holding will help make them look bigger when its gone. (mine's holding quite a bit at the moment) But it could all be the angle of the pic. Just my .02 If you could get someone else to take a lat spread pic It would be easier. But good job on your progress thus far
    Thanks Scotty. Will get wife to take pics next time I'll update after a couple months dedicated to fat loss and correcting those weak spots.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

  8. #20408
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Well I was able to hold down all my food yesterday... So I will be going and hitting chest or legs... If shoulder feels right chest it is Tduff, nice work... Maybe try moving those muscle groups up in your split(my shoulders and back were lagging even more earlier... so it worked well for me... But I also did it to get the most out of my Shoulders/Back as they were lagging in spots(still need to work on it all) just food for thought... I really need to get my shoulders popping more! Morning all! Great to have you back Marcus!
    Thanks Nach. I have already prioritized them in each workout. That's one of Arnold's principles
    I've always applied as soon as I became aware of a weak spot. Whatever exercises best target them go first.

    I know a lot of people give weak spots an extra day of extra training during the training week. Is this doable/acceptable in HIT? Or would it be too much?

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

  9. #20409
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Trying to post some pics but I'm retarded lol... I'll put em in my profile... Hey Fellas any suggestions on what I can do to spark some more growth?! I've yet to try a true pre-exhaust b4 presses(mainly due to my shoulder but I need some changes! Thx!
    For some reason I can never view pics in personal profile folders through my phone or computer, it's aggravating! Just tried Nach. If you hit plus sign at top of your reply, just select attach from photos. Once uploaded, click on photo and select insert inline.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.
    NACH3 likes this.

  10. #20410
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by tduff311
    For some reason I can never view pics in personal profile folders through my phone or computer, it's aggravating! Just tried Nach. If you hit plus sign at top of your reply, just select attach from photos. Once uploaded, click on photo and select insert inline. 225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.
    You'll get for views of you upload to the forum I think. You may only be able to upload one pic per post. It's all I can do.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

  11. #20411
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,678
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Trying to post some pics but I'm retarded lol... I'll put em in my profile... Hey Fellas any suggestions on what I can do to spark some more growth?! I've yet to try a true pre-exhaust b4 presses(mainly due to my shoulder but I need some changes! Thx!
    try doing some drop sets with those DB Fly's. DB Fly's are what built my chest
    NACH3, almostgone and Java Man like this.

  12. #20412
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    try doing some drop sets with those DB Fly's. DB Fly's are what built my chest
    Thx BIO, I actually just started doing them(although I can't on incline as my shoulder will give) but on flat it's working out(I'll add in some drops) I was totally spent today - so I'm sure DOMS are on the way

  13. #20413
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	859.2 KB 
ID:	156852

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	892.0 KB 
ID:	156853

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	826.0 KB 
ID:	156854

    These were takin today no flexing 192.5 . Hey Big Guys . Lemme know what I can work on moreso, pls... I also have pics in my profile(a lil big lol), so if you want some other shots just lemme know

    I keep trying to take the same pics at the same angles...
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-07-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Edited out my email

  14. #20414
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Looking great nach! Very lean!

    Not sure if you meant to have your email posted....if not edit lol

  15. #20415
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Looking great nach! Very lean!

    Not sure if you meant to have your email posted....if not edit lol
    Thx brother... I'll have to take some leg shots but I'll need someone to help LOL - I'll edit that out.... Thx

    What you think my bf may be? I hold most over my lower abs... Legs are getting some decent separation too...

  16. #20416
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    If it's not too much trouble it would help a lot. If it is, I will find it. I'm not sure I'm thinking of the correct one...if so, I did copy and paste it some time ago to re-digest.

    Are you preferring I go back to maintenance and work it off slowly, or slightly below that? My calories are always net calories. So, although the goal is 1000 below, which is 1900, a descent workout and cardio session put me close to my original 2900 maintenance due to the extra calories they afforded me.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.
    T I think if you just carb cycle(3 low(40% lower than maintainence - 1 high 15-20% higher than maintainence) like Marcus said sliw and steady wins the race in this sport - watch how your body composition will start to change... You'll then know how your body will react to that diet and you will then be able to tweak it to your liking(& best for your body)

    Looking good T - keep smashin!

  17. #20417
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,115
    Looking good Nach. Lean!
    NACH3 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  18. #20418
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

    Thx brother... I'll have to take some leg shots but I'll need someone to help LOL - I'll edit that out.... Thx

    What you think my bf may be? I hold most over my lower abs... Legs are getting some decent separation too...
    Legs are hard to get good pics at least for me....figuring ur legs are like the upper half. I'm going with 10-11%.

    Lots of lines in your obliques...and doesn't look like lower abs are holding much either.
    NACH3 likes this.

  19. #20419
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Looking good Nach. Lean!
    Thx Kel! Anything you can suggest for my abs/and low back(Im not trying to get my waist bigger by any means, but I do think I need to start w/some weighted exercises for my abs?! I know they are just like any other muscle that will grow w/weight training... But I think I need to strengthen them a bit more lol. Just don't want the xtra size on my waist(if that makes sense)?

  20. #20420
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    3,031
    Taped myself today so far I've lost 2.5 inches from my waste since coming back from injury. Thats the good news. Bad news is my arms were just a tad under 18". Kinda depressing seeing as I spent most of my early 30's trying to get my scrawny arms to grow.

    Next week I'm changing up my split so I have a day just dedicated to arms
    NACH3 and marcus300 like this.

  21. #20421
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Legs are hard to get good pics at least for me....figuring ur legs are like the upper half. I'm going with 10-11%.

    Lots of lines in your obliques...and doesn't look like lower abs are holding much either.
    Yeah Sfla it's hard to get a good leg pic by yourself LOL...

    I was hoping to hear 10ish - I think this is the best my obliques and serratus has been - I'm gonna get a bod pod done by the end of the wk

  22. #20422
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    3,031
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Thx Kel! Anything you can suggest for my abs/and low back(Im not trying to get my waist bigger by any means, but I do think I need to start w/some weighted exercises for my abs?! I know they are just like any other muscle that will grow w/weight training... But I think I need to strengthen them a bit more lol. Just don't want the xtra size on my waist(if that makes sense)?
    Looking lean bro. I also feel like I need to strengthen my abs. I've also got a nasty 4 to 5" scar right below my rib cage from having my galbladder out the old fashioned way and I still don't feel my abdominal wall is back to where it was. But my first goal is actually finding my abs before I strengthen them
    NACH3 likes this.

  23. #20423
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Looking lean bro. I also feel like I need to strengthen my abs. I've also got a nasty 4 to 5" scar right below my rib cage from having my galbladder out the old fashioned way and I still don't feel my abdominal wall is back to where it was. But my first goal is actually finding my abs before I strengthen them
    Thx Scotty! Yeah I have that 14" scar right down the middle where they cut thru my ab wall and the sides are strong but the middle will never be completely filled out but hey I know I can definitely improve upon everything! And yeah stomach surgery is one of the most painful surgeries I've ever had(takin a dump was a complete and utter disaster LOL I don't want anymore of those)

  24. #20424
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    3,031
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Thx Scotty! Yeah I have that 14" scar right down the middle where they cut thru my ab wall and the sides are strong but the middle will never be completely filled out but hey I know I can definitely improve upon everything! And yeah stomach surgery is one of the most painful surgeries I've ever had(takin a dump was a complete and utter disaster LOL I don't want anymore of those)
    I woke up from mine and asked the nurse for something for the pain. She had the nerve to ask me where it hurt. I screamed "my big f#$ing toe you c$nt, where the hell do you thing it hurts? Probably around the big hole in my stomach" lol

  25. #20425
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    I woke up from mine and asked the nurse for something for the pain. She had the nerve to ask me where it hurt. I screamed "my big f#$ing toe you c$nt, where the hell do you thing it hurts? Probably around the big hole in my stomach" lol
    LOL... I love their questions - unbelievable - I too woke up during one of my stomach surgeries... Saw all my intestines and such sitting next to me outside of my body - oh and the mesh that they had put in got grossly infected and the surgeon had to cut me open in the office and pulled out an 18" piece of mesh that my body was obviously rejecting - nasty sh!t my man...

  26. #20426
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Thanks! and timing probably first or second week of cycle......but cruising for 3 months before this too. Crazy happened fast, just started trying like 2 monthsago. Shes already got books and everything so I wuld have to say her...im still in shock lol....but excited. first year anniversary next week, so kinda gets easier now for gift ideas lmao
    right on. The wife and I are going to try after my show in March. She has one in November and then mine is in March. She wants us both to come off everything for a while before trying which. I understand.

    Good to see you back Marcus!!
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

  27. #20427
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859
    right on. The wife and I are going to try after my show in March. She has one in November and then mine is in March. She wants us both to come off everything for a while before trying which. I understand.

    Good to see you back Marcus!!
    I was on hgh and so was the wife at the time. She stopped immediately when she found out - my daughter is tall, skinny, healthy as a horse, eats a lot, and loves to excercise lmfao
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  28. #20428
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Congrats on the promotion(red) clarky!!! Well deserved of course!!!

  29. #20429
    MR-FQ320's Avatar
    MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gods own country
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Congrats on the promotion(red) clarky!!! Well deserved of course!!!
    What ? The mad men are running the asylum now ! FFS ! Lol

  30. #20430
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Lmao FQ....

  31. #20431
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    T I think if you just carb cycle(3 low(40% lower than maintainence - 1 high 15-20% higher than maintainence) like Marcus said sliw and steady wins the race in this sport - watch how your body composition will start to change... You'll then know how your body will react to that diet and you will then be able to tweak it to your liking(& best for your body) Looking good T - keep smashin!
    Thanks Nach. Duly noted. I appreciate all your help.

    Pics look great man. I need to get that bf%.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.
    NACH3 likes this.

  32. #20432
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    No problem(I posted in your thread too) abiut your ?... I think once you get this diet dialed in you'll be very happy w/your progress!

    And thank you much appreciated - your body can do amazing things don't ever count yourself short! It's all worth it in the end(and then you make new goals) and its about the results in the mirror - though my problem is the scale - wanting to gain weight etc it takes time...

    Keep smashin brother!
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-07-2015 at 06:12 PM.

  33. #20433
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Legs today: 62 minutes

    10 min treadmill warmup: 3mph @ 10%

    Lying Leg Curls: 90x15, 130x9, 180x8 pause 5 pause 4, 180x6 pause 3 pause 3 and held for 5 sec. (180 was the max on this machine)

    Stiff-legged Deadlifts: 185x10, 205x8, 225x6

    Leg Extensions: 130x12, 180x8, 220x8 pause 4 pause 3, 260x5 pause 3 pause 3 (260 was the max for this machine)

    Barbell Squat: 225x8, 245x7, 265x6

    Just above parallel Squats: 315x6, 335x3.5

    Hack Squats: 180x10, 280x8 drop 230x5 drop 180x5

    Leg Press: 540x10, 720x8 drop 630x5 drop 540x5

    Standing Leg Curls: 60x12, 90x8 pause 5 pause 4

    Cool down 5 minutes on treadmill at 3mph at 5%

    Stretched for over 10 minutes after this. Quads were screaming. Hammies weren't hurting as much as I had hoped, however. They are my weak spot on the legs I feel, so I'm working harder.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

  34. #20434
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Just woke up and downing a shake. I pity what is getting ready to happen to my shoulders.
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  35. #20435
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just woke up and downing a shake. I pity what is getting ready to happen to my shoulders.
    Nice line!

  36. #20436
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,517
    My schedule has been fvcked up the pay couple days. Worked early Wednesday until about midnight. Made it home by 12:30am and hopped in the shower. I dried off and looked at my phone an saw two missed calls from a coworker. Called him back and had to rush back into work. Made it home again by 4:30am and slept until 6:30am. I got back up and had to be in NYC for work by 9am! I just got back home and I'm taking a shower once again lol!

    Tomorrow the misses and I have a genetics testing for the baby and then ill be at work again. Saturday will be a tough workout for me..... I'm going to combine back with delts and traps. It's a lot for one session but I can't skip back. Bi's I can afford to so I'm going to let em go this week.

    I hate this inconsistency..... I prefer a monotonous regular schedule!
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  37. #20437
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,115
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Thx Kel! Anything you can suggest for my abs/and low back(Im not trying to get my waist bigger by any means, but I do think I need to start w/some weighted exercises for my abs?! I know they are just like any other muscle that will grow w/weight training... But I think I need to strengthen them a bit more lol. Just don't want the xtra size on my waist(if that makes sense)?
    Well, when I did do abs, and we're going back a couple decades, I always lover supersets. Pick about 4 exercises, upper-lower-upper-lower, etc and go to town. Then repeat it.....always worked for me. Just don't work your obliques with weights and everything will fall in place, imho. I reference obliques as they are a muscle as well and always used to see guys doing side bends with heavy dumbells. Killed me. Why on earth would you want them to grow?
    NACH3 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  38. #20438
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Saturday will be a tough workout for me..... I'm going to combine back with delts and traps. It's a lot for one session but I can't skip back. Bi's I can afford to so I'm going to let em go this week.

    It's how I train them every week and love it. Back warms up delts nicely and overall I've had less delt issues this way.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  39. #20439
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,921
    Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    I admit that I am holding back a tad in the initial drop and rest pause sets, just when my form starts getting compromised.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.
    Never hold back, this is what many do because they are thinking about the next sets or a set number of reps they need to reach before they stop. Your holding yourself back in your own head. When your doing your working set that's it this is what its all about that set to failure and that's true positive failure, and then some

    master that and you will transform into a machine
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

  40. #20440
    IronClydes's Avatar
    IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Never hold back, this is what many do because they are thinking about the next sets or a set number of reps they need to reach before they stop. Your holding yourself back in your own head. When your doing your working set that's it this is what its all about that set to failure and that's true positive failure, and then some master that and you will transform into a machine
    Makes sense. It is more mental than I am realizing. I will push myself past that preconception. Thanks Marcus.

    225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2202 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2202 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •