Page 507 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 740745749750250350450550650750850951051151251755760710071507 ... LastLast
Results 20,241 to 20,280 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Exactly kel i use straps all the time i don't have to bother about grip and i can shift more weight with more reps. Make perfect sense you don't have to worry about droping the bar it only gets put down when the muscle has nothing left which is what wee want.
    I can't imagine deads without straps. Shoot, most of my back exercises would be slacking in the HIT working sets without them!

227, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 405, dead 465.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    OK, headed to stretch and lift. Watched a episode of last season's Game of Thrones with the wife and the beasts so just a tad off my schedule.
    I've been wanting to see this seasons episodes. I don't have HBO and the site I used to watch it on no longer works

I can only watch the first 4 seasons over again on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Yes thank you AG, I was planning on letting my test dive b4 the appointment(or when I know for sure when I'll be going(I definitely have all my pct meds etc for when I need to)... They will no doubt pull new BW b/c mine is over 60 days now...
    Hope it all works out for you Nach. I am also on TRT for my cruising. If you are a veteran you could even get that covered by the VA...I do and know others that do as well. Otherwise, lowtestosterone.com is the best one I've used to date. Good price, easy to get to your desired testosterone , not the lower end that many endos push for.

Quote Originally Posted by tduff311
    Hope it all works out for you Nach. I am also on TRT for my cruising. If you are a veteran you could even get that covered by the VA...I do and know others that do as well. Otherwise, lowtestosterone.com is the best one I've used to date. Good price, easy to get to your desired testosterone, not the lower end that many endos push for. 227, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 405, dead 465.
    VA keeps you in lower range for most part too though. Which is why I went to lowtestosterone.com. Good experience so far.

NACH3 likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Nach I feel the same as you, I put myself on trt. I was miserable, tired, weak(for me), and had zero sex drive. The worst part was the sex drive because my wife is in her prime and wants to bang constantly, it had gotten to the point of almost ending our relationship. Now on trt after my cycle we are active almost every day, plus I feel better overall. It will be the best decision you will make for long term happiness IMO.
    NACH3 and DCI like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Nach I feel the same as you, I put myself on trt. I was miserable, tired, weak(for me), and had zero sex drive. The worst part was the sex drive because my wife is in her prime and wants to bang constantly, it had gotten to the point of almost ending our relationship. Now on trt after my cycle we are active almost every day, plus I feel better overall. It will be the best decision you will make for long term happiness IMO.
    Thx Zempy... It's whst actually broke up me and my ex about a yr ago(yes it got to the point where I didn't even want sex and that sure isn't me lol... But most importantly it was the shitty quality of life and the no drive to do anything, no focus, insomnia, depressed for nothing, not a good way to live in my eyes either, that's why I'm not going back to it... I've done all my BW and have gotten approved by many clinics, but I finally found some places that will cover it... So yes I'm going to be doing the same thing until I get my dr - in no way shape or form do I want to try and replace a dr... But at the same time I'm not going back to that until I find one...
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-02-2015 at 06:36 PM.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Ok just back did bi's stretching and db curls for a warm up.

Standing db curls 1working+rp DD

Incline db curls 1working+rp 1 drop

Cable curls 1working DD

Db hammer curls 2 working to fail.

No cardio the day in a bit of a rush lol oh well next time .

Was a good session guys felt a bit off when i started felt a bit weak had two big days chest and back so rest is due but there were 3 wee fvcking tits in right next to me on the benches that were pissing me off just staring and shit wee skinny cvnts playing with the db and on phones So it made me mad and a shifted the weight good.
    Haha. I hate that! Good motivator though. Channel that hatred!
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

U
    Arms today, started off a bit slow then I caught on fire and started moving some weight.

Treadmill 5 min, rc stretches to warm up.

Close press: 1 warm, 1 feel, 2 working. Only went to 225 today and it felt heavy, I have a tender spot in my left pec that slowed me down.

Db overhead: 3 feel, 1 working(125 it's the biggest db we have on the floor)

Cavers: 1 feel, 1 working(125), 1 working 1 drop(145-125,)1 working(125) The 145 was too heavy.

V bar push down: 2 working, 1 high rep burn.

Alt db curl: 1 warm, 2 feel, 1 working 1 drop(80's to 40's)

Preacher machine: 3 working.

Dips: 15, 15, 12.

During the db over head I came alive and the weights felt light, even though I am beat from a hard week lifting and working I still had some get up and go left in me. Rest day tomorrow is going to do me some good, I need it, my chest is tweaked a bit from the weeks sessions. Weather here is finally starting to get nice, feels good to have the sun fell warm on the skin, time to get some color on this pasty white slab.
    What is a caver?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Legs this am... Was pressed for time so got in and out in 33 minutes(weights only)

Seated calve raises - 2feelers 2w(10-15)DD(15-20)

ISO squat - 2 feelers 3w(5 plates aside) 10/8/5(very slow) 1drop 8

45 leg press - 1 feel 2w(10/8.5) 1drop 8-10?(forgot book)

Stiff legged - DB's(90-100s) 3w to failure(8-10)

Extensions - 3w failure

Leg curls(seated - I find this gives my hammies a better pump) 3w to failure

And done short and sweet very intense(almost yacked )
    Arms tomorrow
    Hey fellas it seems like my weight is coming back down(and I'm eating more than I was)?! I'm holding 193 and gettin leaner but I need more size . I've been carbing up(even had a refeed day yesterday)... Could it be the mast just expelling more water from my body?
    How tall are you Nach? I would have put you at 215-220 judging by your av pic. My weight fluctuates daily by about 2-3% and I assume that's normal for other lifters. I go by averages rather than berating myself for being 6lbs lighter today than yesterday. I may be up 12lbs tomorrow. Stay away from that scale it's a mind fvcker.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    Thanks for the advice AG. I like that walnut analogy and will incorporate it. It's funny timing that you brought up both the stretching lats and arching/squeezing blades together. I was just reading Arnold's Encyclopedia and he went into lengthen both of those concepts and being essential. I started trying to develop those more just this past week. You know it's great advice when you, Marcus, and Arnold all stress it equally!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Walnut analogy; 12/27/2013:

If you feel more volume is the key to your growth then just increase the rep range on your back workout but keep with the principle of HIT. Example

You know its all about the mind muscle connection with back so concentrate on the contraction and try and visualize squeezing your shoulder blades together on any of the pulldown movements. I always think of a walnut in between my blade or middle of my back and I am trying to crack the nut with my back on the contraction. Also on the way up of any of the pull down movements don't just let it go up with the momentum, try and focus on slowly releasing the movement upwards and get the mind muscle connection so your back releases it instead of your arms, same thing with pulling it down don't use to much weight so you use your arms and always no matter what make sure your back is arched at the contraction otherwise your back muscle are not being worked and probably because you are using to much weight.

D-ring pulldowns to the front - if you don't have a d- ring use close grip bar
    3 warm up sets and feel your back work, in between each set stretch your back and pull it out. slow controlled reps and increase the weight until you feel your close to losing your form. Then hit 1 working set depending what rep range you require because you prefer higher volume so I will leave that to you but as soon as yoru arms or your form starts to go on the working set, drop some weight from the stack and rep again in a controlled manner and do the same drop set until your back is on fire. So your goal is a double drop set at what ever rep range you feel your back grows best, for me its low rep somewhere between 6-12. STRETCH AGAIN AFTER THE WORKING SET AND THIS SHOULD BRING TEARS TO YOUR EYES.

Wide grip pull downs -or pull ups which ever you prefer at this stage.
    Same as above but only do 2 feel sets to gauge the weigh what your going to be using on the 1 working with a double drop set - don't forget after eh set no matter if its feel or working you need to stretch the lats but standing at the machine and holding it with one arm and stretch the lat out, you may have to hold it higher than head height or lower but you will feel the stretch right in the lat once you get this right. stretching is very important especially with back and don't bounce use static stretching.

Bent over BB rows
    2-3 feel sets, makes sure you get this right, hold the position and lock your lower back in place and row slowly, control the weight and again make sure the back is arch on the contraction otherwise you are not working the back, most don't do this movement right and use to much weight for them. Use the right weight so you can arche the back and contract the weight. Once your on the right track hit working set again with a double drop setthis should t you in a different world and you should be breathing heavly especially if your going for higher volume. Stretch in between each set|!|!|!|!

One arm DB rows
    Same as above with a double drop set and make sure your back is arched, watch yourself in the mirror and stretch again in been each set.
    You should seriously pumped with this and feeling good and a little exhausted

Hyper extension
    3 working sets of high reps

If you don't have the machine for this just do some straight arm pull downs arched back and high reps and etch those lats at the top and contract at the bottom.

2 WIDTH
    2 THICKNESS
    and if you can get in the hypers do so work wonders for the lower back with some added weight.
    I remember reading that when it was originally posted. I've visualized the walnut ever since whenever I train back.
    almostgone, clarky. and DCI like this.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Got everything moved today from my storage unit.

Strangely, everything felt lighter then I remember. . But I'm also on week 6 (I think? ) of my blast and fully rested.

I'm beat to hell now. Couch and love seat didn't want to fit through the door. Took a good 30 minutes to get the first one in, second took about 10. (Sofa is a sleeper and love seat is dual recliners. . F+ckers were heavy as hell)

Resting, unboxing, having a few drinks. I don't drink liquor very often, but I'm treating myself to jack and coke tonight.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    How tall are you Nach? I would have put you at 215-220 judging by your av pic. My weight fluctuates daily by about 2-3% and I assume that's normal for other lifters. I go by averages rather than berating myself for being 6lbs lighter today than yesterday. I may be up 12lbs tomorrow. Stay away from that scale it's a mind fvcker.
    Thx... I've been really hitting my back and shoulderS I even moved em up in the wk and hasbhelpled them grow or getting mor cut either way lol... I'm 5'10" Java and about 193-195 in the morning.... Leanest I've been at this weight for sure! It the scale is a total mind fvk now lol we/I just care about the results in the mirror anyway! lol just gotta let it go...
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-02-2015 at 09:56 PM.
    Java Man and DCI like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Makes complete sense AG. Thanks. I like that superset too. Chest is my next workout and I'm going I steal that

LOL, I picked it up from Marcus. It let's you get deep into a good chest session and it doesn't use up a lot of time.
    Just make sure your shoulders are warmed up well via RC exercises and focus on driving with your chest and squeezing @ the top of the movement. I believe the travel of the movement was desrcibed to me as similar to the shape of an arched doorway.
    After about another 4 weeks or so of doing flyes and presses separately, I plan to go back to supersets again for another run at it.
    Once you get your brain wrapped around focusing on the movements when you superset, you'll be amazed at how well you can push yourself to work the muscle when lifting normally, or at least I was impressed.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-03-2015 at 02:21 AM.
    Java Man likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I've been wanting to see this seasons episodes. I don't have HBO and the site I used to watch it on no longer works

I can only watch the first 4 seasons over again on Amazon.

We're watching the DVDs from the past seasons, too. Whenever this season's episodes goes on sale next year, I'll grab them then. The wife and I both enjoy the show.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-02-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man
    I remember reading that when it was originally posted. I've visualized the walnut ever since whenever I train back.
    Thanks for sharing that post. Love the way Marcus explains things! That's my next back day lol

225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.
    Java Man likes this.

Arms today

Supersetted

Weighted Dips: 25x12, 45x8, 70x5 pause 2 pause 1, 70x4 pause 2.5
    w/ EZ Bar Curls: 65x12, 85x9, 105x7 pause 2 pause 2, 105x5 pause 2 pause 3

Pushdowns: 50x15, 75x8, 85x6 pause 4 pause 3
    w/ Hammer Curls: 30x8, 35x8, 40x6 pause 3 pause 3

Kickbacks: 45x10, 50x8, 55x6.5
    w/ Incline DB Curls: 30x8, 35x6 puase 4 pause 4, 40x4 pause 2 pause 3

EZ Skullcrushers immediately to Close grip EZ press: 65x10/10, 85x6/6, 90x5/5.

Forearm Rollers: 1x20, 1x15, 1x10
    Rev Forearm Rollers: 1x15, 1x10, 1x5
    Behind Back BB Forearm Curls: 45x15, 65x10, 85x8

Total time 48 minutes

Went running and biking with kids and wife afterwards....Ran 1.5 mile, then put both kids in bike trailer and hauled them with wife trailing for about 4 miles. 37 minutes total.
    Java Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Thx... I've been really hitting my back and shoulderS I even moved em up in the wk and hasbhelpled them grow or getting mor cut either way lol... I'm 5'10" Java and about 193-195 in the morning.... Leanest I've been at this weight for sure! It the scale is a total mind fvk now lol we/I just care about the results in the mirror anyway! lol just gotta let it go...
    That's it. The mirror. I'm down to around 210 now and I look much better than I did at 230. I don't stay off the scale completely but try not to let it be my guide.
    almostgone, DCI and NACH3 like this.

Java, I have always called skull crushers, head cavers, just what we called in my neck of the woods.
    almostgone and Java Man like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    That's it. The mirror. I'm down to around 210 now and I look much better than I did at 230. I don't stay off the scale completely but try not to let it be my guide.
    Congrats Java! Always good to hear!! Keep on smahin!
    Java Man likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Great posts in here over the weekend. On the straps issue I never use straps personally ever I like the extra challenge of building up my grip strength too.

This weekend cardio and arms where done yesterday and just chilling for today then deload week next week.
    NACH3 likes this.

You can't expect the tiny muscles in the hand to withstand the load the massive back muscles can move, you are short changing yourself. I only use them on heavy shrugs and heavy bent rows because no matter how strong my grip is I will never be able to hold and concentrate on the muscle in question without them.

As for the scale, I use it everyday, but more to gauge my food intake and hydration.
    NACH3 and Java Man like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    arms this am fellas... Another PB on close grip... Great session as I had a spotter for once got so many force reps today I didn't need to burn em out they are fvkin destroyed!

Close grip(smith) 3 feelers(325 too light ) - 1w(335)5.5(2 forces) DD(315)5/3(2-3 forces each) this even felt good on shoulder

O BB curl - 1 feeler 1w 5(115) DD 4/2.5(95) real slow tempo throughout

Lying DB press 3w failure(7/5/2) suppersetted w/one arm lying extensions 3x failure(5-8 rep range)

Standing DB hammer curls - 1w 4.5-5? DD 4/4

V grip pushdowns - whole stack 1w 5 DD 3.5/3 very slow tempo and all RP

Close grip cable curls - 1w 5 DD 4/3

Hammer preachers - 1w 5 DD 4/3 real slow tempo throughout + negs as well
    Suppersetted w/weighted dips(2 - 45s then added a 25 - coulve done 3+ if at beginning haha) but a great session guys one of my best arm sessions to date!
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-03-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    almostgone and Java Man like this.

DCI
    You can't expect the tiny muscles in the hand to withstand the load the massive back muscles can move, you are short changing yourself. I only use them on heavy shrugs and heavy bent rows because no matter how strong my grip is I will never be able to hold and concentrate on the muscle in question without them.

As for the scale, I use it everyday, but more to gauge my food intake and hydration.
    They can my grip rarely gives out thankfully. It was weak before but I do a lot of farmers walks and they have built up a crazy grip strength and if it slips due to sweat I use chalk to hold the grip.

But on the flip side I doubt I'm pulling the weights you are zempey due to me being a lot lighter and smaller lol. My gym partners do use straps all the time but for me never really bothered with them
    almostgone likes this.

I don't pull like I used too, 5 plates on shrugs and don't go past 3 on bent rows with my bad knee, used to pull 4.5 back in the day.
    DCI likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=zempey;7045261]I don't pull like I used too, 5 plates on shrugs and don't go past 3 on bent rows with my bad knee, used to pull 4.5 back in the day.[/QUOTE

This exactly why I need to use straps for back I can pull much more weight w/em so why short change the muscle I like a strong grip and have one just want to make the most outta my working sets etc!!!
    DCI and Java Man like this.

Just woke up. Drinking a shake and then heading to the shop to grab an arm session before going to work.

Edit: Well, the shake didn't stay down and I don't want to rush through this arm lift. I will get it right tomorrow.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-03-2015 at 06:39 PM.
    NACH3 and DCI like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just woke up. Drinking a shake and then heading to the shop to grab an arm session before going to work.

Edit: Well, the shake didn't stay down and I don't want to rush through this arm lift. I will get it right tomorrow.
    Hope Ya feel better AG! Get better ASAP my man!

Thanks, Nach. I think it's just allergies/ dealing with the dust from clearing brush, bamboo briers, etc. Friday. I'll get it done tomorrow.
    NACH3 likes this.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Got ejected from my game today. .

Must be the roid rage !
    almostgone, clarky. and Java Man like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Going to rest the day again bi's are a bit tight and back and traps are right sore good doms going on there. Av got a few wee things to to around the house.
    NACH3, almostgone and Java Man like this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Planned on hitting chest/bis with a new training partner today but got called to work so that went out the window.....

I feel great tho..... Was really looking forward to it
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Good to see Ya back at it hard Haz!

Gettin ready for shoulders & traps this am... Will post when done!
    almostgone likes this.

Back this morning, my tri's were sore before the workout and now they are destroyed, they seem to get some work during pull ups.

Treadmill 5 min, stretching and crunches for a warm up.

Bent row: 1 warm, 2 feel, 1 working. Kept it light at 3 plates, didn't want to push it too hard, been a while since I have done them.

Wide grip pull up: 8, 8, 7. Damn these are tough for me at this weight and my tri's were nice and tight after this.

Hammer Strength row: 2 feel, 1 working. I wish this machine had another set of pins, it maxes out at 5 plates and I want to do more.

Neutral grip pull down: 1 feel, 1 working. Hit the max on this one @ 305, might need to start pinning a plate to the side.

Cable row: 3 working. Kept it light and focused on the stretch and contraction, if I put too much on this I lose the feeling I want.

Hypers: 3 sets @ 35x10-12.

Hex bar pulls: 3 working. I do this for a trap/delt/upper back tie in, just light to hit from a different angle on a different day than shoulders.

Felt good today, my body was still sore from last week and I worked all weekend so not much rest time. Chest workout is going to suffer tomorrow due to my tore up tri's, but I will maybe focus on more fly type movements if the pressing isn't working. Diet wasn't too clean over the weekend and drank too much, but I will try and get it back on track this week, started cycling off carbs last week and will continue this week.
    almostgone, NACH3, DCI and 1 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Shoulders/traps finally took my advice on a Deload wk... I need it... Still gotta great pump going...

Stretching/RCs/SMR/lateral/front raises for warm up

1. Smith Military Press - 3 feelers 2w(185) 8/6 1drop 8(higher reps) all very slow tempo)

2. 45 degree lateral raises - 1 feel 2w 8/7.5 DD 8/6

3. Reverse grip lateral raises - 2w 10/8 1 drop 8

4. DB upright riws(single arm love these - very slow and holding at top of contraction 3w 9/7/6 suppersetted w/DB shrugs 3w very slow holding for 5+s at top

5. Reverse cables high/low 3w failure and very slowly concentrated

6. Behind back shrugs BB Smith 3w all slow w/5s hold at top

Abs and done weights in 42 min
    Good session and a much needed Deload wk coming up! Felt strong but my body is saying it's tired... I'm going to use this wk to rest as I'm gonna be going light(er)...
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-04-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    zempey, almostgone and Java Man like this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    They called me back and said come in 10:30 do I got in chest/bis after all!

Awesome workout and feel amazing. Can't post it up right now tho
    NACH3, almostgone and Java Man like this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DCI
    Chilled all day today bank holiday here. Sorry to hear your unwell ag.
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Chilled all day today bank holiday here. Sorry to hear your unwell ag.
    So did i mate but a had a few wee things to do at home.
    DCI and NACH3 like this.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    So did i mate but a had a few wee things to do at home.
    I literally slept and watched sons of anarchy all day ha meal prepped and heading to the gym in a while. Needed the break had a hectic weekend so all good.
    NACH3, clarky. and almostgone like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Posting two workouts....I hate posting whole workouts from my phone.....

Yesterday arms

Rope pull downs 3 warms 1 feel 2 working DD
    smith Close grip 1 feel 2 working (245!!) DD
    One arm DB skulls 2 working super set into one arm over heads.

Seated Db curls 1 feel, 2 working 1 drop
    Hammer strength preacher 2 working DD
    Hammer curls 2 working 1 drop
    ISo curls
    almostgone, NACH3, clarky. and 2 others like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tonight was a great back session

Wide grip pulls

Upper pully Hammer strength 1 feel 2 working (gt a PB here 2 45's 2 25's each side) kept good form chest against pad got 6 reps...DD

Seated rows. 2 wrking (210) I wanna go higher but next is 225...theres no added 5 or 10. DD

Smith bent over rows 2 working

Under hand grip pull down superset into standing latpull downs 2 working

Hypers to finish.

Noticed ive been slacking on cardio and abs. Some how I have to find the time. Used to have a great ab routine...but hate the areas for abs at this gym and its way too busy most of the time.
    almostgone, NACH3, clarky. and 2 others like this.

Thread Information