Page 7 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217571075071007 ... LastLast
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    its really hard and almost dangerous to follow this way of training without a spotter. either you use the smith machine and set the safety stops, or just use other machines and not free weights. definitely some modifications need to be made if you're training alone.

i believe Marcus said earlier that he uses drop sets, or double/triple drop sets. maybe thats his modification, to bring the muscles to extreme fatigue safely.

but if i remember Yates way is just one giant heavy workset and thats it. but he probably builds up to this giant set with numerous progressively heavier warmup sets.
    im doing this now, and fk does it hurt.lol

i always train alone, so i always have to use machines instead of free weights if i go heavy. but doing dropsets is a breeze with machines, just move the pin two-three steps lighter.

we need Marcus back soon, or else his diary will be taken over by us whores lol
    too late.

why not use dumbbells? you can just drop them once you've reached failure..??

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My lousy gym only has db up to 20kg.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by AD
    How do you work out. Tie them together?

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post

How do you work out. Tie them together?
    Lol. Pathetic right. Thats why i use machines. Even then, for the heavy failure set, i have to put the pin at the bottom of the stack. Other way i try to fatigue my muscles is going slow-mo. I even tried 30sec rest in between sets. But for medium wt only. Not for heavy.

time for a new gym

i think i was past the 20's within a few weeks/months of starting gyming

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    time for a new gym

i think i was past the 20's within a few weeks/months of starting gyming
    but i love that place, its only 5min drive from my office. i usually pop over during my lunch break, weights, cardio, shower, and back to the office in a flash.

and you will be surprised how many kids stare at me with eyes popping when i bicep curl those 20kg. lol

anybody tried 30sec rest between sets?
    Last edited by AD; 12-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.

but i love that place, its only 5min drive from my office. i usually pop over during my lunch break, weights, cardio, shower, and back to the office in a flash.

and you will be surprised how many kids stare at me with eyes popping when i bicep curl those 20kg. lol

anybody tried 30sec rest between sets?
    after a triple dropset i have to wait at least 3-4 minutes just to get my breathe back lol

30 secs - 1 minute i think id have a heart attack lol
    IronClydes likes this.

AD
    there is a routine, highly promoted at ironman magazine dot com. they call it the 4x, which is actually 4sets for 10reps, using the same weight for all 4 sets, but only 30sec rest in between each, using only moderate weight. the first 2 sets should be ok, but the last 2 sets can get extreme. if you can complete 10 reps in the last set, increase weight on the next gym session. its supposed to be a balance between strength and endurance, and supposedly stimulates the most fibres. i do that sometimes when off cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by AD
    there is a routine, highly promoted at ironman magazine dot com. they call it the 4x, which is actually 4sets for 10reps, using the same weight for all 4 sets, but only 30sec rest in between each, using only moderate weight. the first 2 sets should be ok, but the last 2 sets can get extreme. if you can complete 10 reps in the last set, increase weight on the next gym session. its supposed to be a balance between strength and endurance, and supposedly stimulates the most fibres. i do that sometimes when off cycle.
    How many excersises per body part. ?

might try that next week, always looking to find new ways to train

i seem to get stuck on the same weight for months doing the same routine..

AD
    How many excersises per body part. ?
    they recommend 3. one exercise for the stretched position, one for natural position, one for contracted position. so example for biceps, stretched position is doing db curls while lying on an incline bench. natural position is just standing curls. contracted position is preacher. 3 exercises, 4sets each, and your done. thats what they say.

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    Marcus you are awsome bro !

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Back in a couple of days, its lovely here and I'm training like a god. All the locals stop and watch me lol

I'll answer all questions when I get back, there are modification to suit your style and how you respond but will go into detail when I'm back......

No Matter what push to failure and beyond

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Marcus,your short burst cycling has intirgued me to the point of doing them. Not to venture from the diary, but can short burst be sucessfully done with long esters? Should the long esters be "front loaded" first and then go teh 6 weeks? I have been wanting to ask you. I just didnt know if the doses should be higher or frontloaded. Thanks alot man!

I'll be back soon,

I'd rather type an explanation on my comp than my phone. Not much longer to wait.

Short burst cycling coupled with hit training is the ultimate for size, strength and maintenance.

Warmouth, I'll get back to you soon .

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    I'll be back soon,

I'd rather type an explanation on my comp than my phone. Not much longer to wait.

Short burst cycling coupled with hit training is the ultimate for size, strength and maintenance.

I'm curious of this also. We are patiently awaiting your return o' wise one.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I'll be back soon,

You need a new phone. I have not typed a text (most of the time) in almost 2 years. The voice to text option works great.
    IronClydes likes this.

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

You need a new phone. I have not typed a text (most of the time) in almost 2 years. The voice to text option works great.
    What phone you have?

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    I'll be back soon,

You just let me know. Id love to get your feedback on this, especially with long esters. And what your definition of hit training is(as most everyone has a differing opinion). Thanks alot!

To the top

At airport lol

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Sad times when your at the airport coming back

However your coming back to us lot which means happy time :-)

12 hours away tho lol.

Thanks. I'll get back to each one of you so stay tuned

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    You must b in an oriental country :-)

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623
    You must b in an oriental country :-)
    PC would be Asian I think

I'm back and goiong to work through one by but i'm knackered at the moment

I went to Mauritius it was beautiful and will update my picture thread soon

I am going to go nto training, drugs and how I eat alot more because I can see this is what you guys what to hear but first the questions

One thing though guys I'm no guru, just a normal guy who like to train hard and intensae, eat extreme and loves bodybuilding...oh and ive experimented with alot of different stuff lol

ps - cape I hope you have been behaving yourself lol

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    My legs are still sore (4 days) from doing hit! I love/hate you Marcus!
    Warm up leg curls
    Warm up extensions
    One moderate squat
    2 sets passed failure of 5-8 reps
    2 sets leg press failure 5-8 reps
    Weighted lunged 20x 2 sets
    Calf raises
    All done with spotter and only one min rest is between sets
    Sounds great how were your legs? and did you feed your workout after?

I know Marcus is on holiday. But if I'm doing HIT can that count as my cardio? My heart rate is elevated for 40 + min. Any thoughts.
    It does help alot but I dont count it has my cardio session or I should say only legs day I do

Sometimes you just need to take more of a rest period so go by the way you feel, using 1 min rest lowers the poundage but ups the intensity but on some days have longer rest periods and push your max

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    did you think about the TB-500 yet?

have fun on vacation!

make sure to lube!
    Lube lool, you put the suits on with talcum powder or thats what sgt H told me

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Cause of this thread, i've started eating asparagus, love the stuff now!

Marcus, I have a question...how are you eating all these eggs? Are you eating them raw or are you hard boiling them? I can't imagine eating that many hard boiled eggs in one go...
    Ive always been a big egg eater, I never eat them raw anymore, ive read both theories and for me cooking them is better or it is for me. I boil them, scramble them, if I boild them I mash them up with tuna. I can easily eat 7-8 boil eggs with a sweet potato no problem or even scramble them with oats and down the hatch. They nearly have the perfect amino complex so thats good enough for me
    Seekerx and IronClydes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by boz View Post
    Marcus do you ever feel that if i trained with you i might put you to shame?

Yeahh im in a cheeky mood tonight.
    hahaha you never know, you may do. In my younger day I was an animal and when I am firing on all cylinders i'm a hard trainer tyhese days also but I am a older guy now and i know what you younger guys a capable of doing so I wouold never day I could slaughter you but if I am in your area sometime i'd like to try .

I actually like pain and can take a lot of it, it really does turn me on the feeling of being pumped,hard and unstoppable

lordoftheoctagon is offline Junior Member
    When you do your high carb day (refeed) do you do HI or LOW GI? Ive been reading that HI GI carbs are best to raise leptin levels. Anyway what meals do you have carbs with or do you give yourself a window of so many hours on a high carb day? Thanks!

Don't know where he is but where ever it is they think he came from Mt. Olympus
    hahah, the locals in Mauritius are small and tiny thats why I looked like a monster to them.........remember i'm an old man these days

lordoftheoctagon is offline Junior Member
    hahah, the locals in Mauritius are small and tiny thats why I looked like a monster to them.........remember i'm an old man these days
    Marucs...you are a ****ing monster!

With Marcus on holiday is there anyone here familiar with Dorian'S HIT Training?
    I have a couple of questions
    Dorian himself explaining how he trains HIT http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...snity-Training

Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    His/my/our question is this

I feel I can add excersise to it. Does that mean I'm not going fast enough? Because I'm to failure on the last set. But I can do more. Should I start drop sets add things? add more weight to original exercises?
    You need to increase the intesity, watch how Dorian trains in the above videos ive posted and if its donce correctly you wont be able to do more if you can your arn't doing it right. If by some means you can feel you didnt oush hard enought throw in some4 dropsets at the end and go beyond failure.....Once you have poush to your complete failure then push your bollocks off another 2 reps forced using a spotter, then another 2-4 reps of negs to neg failure you shouldnt have anything left in the tank, if you have you need to change your training around.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Dorian himself explaining how he trains HIT http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...snity-Training
    Might have just found my new shoulder routine.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    Lol what if there is no more weight. I'm not saying that I'm lifting everything in the gym but DY's basic rules are keeping it simple. Doing nothing with the pretty stuff keep it basic and compound.

I think I for one forget maybe what true failure is, like when I think I'm petered out I can actually go more. So I should throw the weights down and do a drop set especially with me training by myself. So say my working set is with the 120# db's on chest I should after going to failure immediately drop them and pick up the 100's or lower? And do more reps.

On barbell rows the other day I started with them, I did 135 for warmup, 225 for mid-set and 315 for working set and did 12, for some reason I felt like a beast that day. Should I have added more or done a rest pause style failure?
    Good point and there are modifications to HIT, I use my own methods what suit me and make me grow better. Sometimes I dont have a spotter so I drop sets, example would be I will complete a working set to complete failure until I cant perform another rep then dropset the weight and go again, sometimes i'll do this 3 times and do a triple dropset which kills me but I know ive reach my failure and beyond. Also if your gym doeswnt have the weight needed to push you to your max maybe its worth changing gyms,

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300

I actually like pain and can take a lot of it, it really does turn me on the feeling of being pumped,hard and unstoppable
    Whoa there cowboy, you started talkin about S & M again lol

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320

Whoa there cowboy, you started talkin about S & M again lol
    It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven.

Thread Information