Page 4 of 1534 FirstFirst 12345678914541045041004 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 61336
Like Tree79785Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

  1. #121
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Subbed, it's nice to read a vets/hof'r/staff experienced log.
    Thanks

  2. #122
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    1 Tin of tuna, 3 boiled eggs, onion, pepper and oats all mixed together down the hatch then blueberries

  3. #123
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    Did back today also. However I think you were a little more intense. What beside bent over rows did your thick day consist of. I split width and thickness eow. Like to know your moves.

  4. #124
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Did back today also. However I think you were a little more intense. What beside bent over rows did your thick day consist of. I split width and thickness eow. Like to know your moves.
    I warmed up on front wide grip pulldowns with stretching - 3 sets

    Bent over rows - 1 warm up set - 2 x working sets which included drop sets to failure
    seated low pulley rows with a straight bar - shoulder width grip 2 working sets + drop sets
    one arm dumbell rows - 3 working straight sets
    hammer strength pull down machine to the front - 2 working sets + drop sets
    Hyper extentions - 3 straight sets

    No deads due to doing legs tomorrow and my lower back I suffer with after doing heavy rows


    I work back how I feel on the day, I do concentrate on thickness a lot and I do have a very thick back but still my focus is always on thickness and my width seems to just follow. I do a lot of stretching for the lats and this brings out the lats for me a lot more. My lats a high but wide and thick so you got to work with what you have...........

  5. #125
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    You will do legs the day after back? I have to have a day in between. Have you noticed a benefit to doing them back to back. Or is it just you preference? Thanks for the lay out

  6. #126
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    You will do legs the day after back? I have to have a day in between. Have you noticed a benefit to doing them back to back. Or is it just you preference? Thanks for the lay out
    The only reasdon why I am doing it that way is because I am going away at the end of the week for 2 weeks and want to get a big legs day in, even though they have a gym where I am going it wont have the poundage I shift on leg day so I need to do them this week and it falls tomorrow, thats why I didnt do deads to save my lower back.

  7. #127
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,624
    nice to see you loggin this marcus

    did the cardio session involve any whips or chains? did the girl with the ball in her mouth get loose and you had to chase her?

  8. #128
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    nice to see you loggin this marcus

    did the cardio session involve any whips or chains? did the girl with the ball in her mouth get loose and you had to chase her?
    Cardio went well, cross trainer

    The extra cardio session is tonight which may involve some kind of shiny surface ;(

  9. #129
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    Understood

  10. #130
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,624
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Cardio went well, cross trainer

    The extra cardio session is tonight which may involve some kind of shiny surface ;(
    just make sure to lube!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #131
    jasc's Avatar
    jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,319
    Lovin this thread Marcus. It's great to see how such an accomplished lifter does it and your outlook/intensity give me that much more motivation every time I read. I hope you keep this goin and look forward to reading it daily.

  12. #132
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Lovin this thread Marcus. It's great to see how such an accomplished lifter does it and your outlook/intensity give me that much more motivation every time I read. I hope you keep this goin and look forward to reading it daily.
    Ive asked Admin to change the name of the thread to Marcus's diary

    If members are enjoying I will continue

    I am feeling good at the moment and training is going really well, I love it when I feel like this and I just want to get in and lift some serious weight and throw that intensity around until the painn tells me to go home..

    Thanks

  13. #133
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Thread title changed

  14. #134
    MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    13,200
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Thread title changed
    Perfect.

  15. #135
    gearbox's Avatar
    gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,357
    Great reads. I read your high intensity training idea in the lifting section. I have been at it for 3 weeks now. Can't so as much weight cause the one min rest is taxing but I am more sore then I have been in years.

  16. #136
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Great reads. I read your high intensity training idea in the lifting section. I have been at it for 3 weeks now. Can't so as much weight cause the one min rest is taxing but I am more sore then I have been in years.
    Thats great news to hear, glad those videos helped you in some way.

    1min rest inbetween sets is hard on the system and i'm gasping for breath many times and it does reduce my weight what I can push but its the intensity what works for me. I do sometime take longer rest periods depending which muscle group I am training and if I want to push some heavier weights

  17. #137
    Dukkit's Avatar
    Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ON THE SHORT BUS.
    Posts
    63,652
    Awesome thread Marcus.

    Great to see someone not afraid to kill it.

    And to see such focus.

  18. #138
    pjliftsalot's Avatar
    pjliftsalot is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    120
    So glad I decided to read this. I usually don't bother with lounge posts but this is inspiring to say the least.

  19. #139
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    Awesome thread Marcus.

    Great to see someone not afraid to kill it.

    And to see such focus.
    Thanks Dukki

    I'm well in the zone these days

  20. #140
    FONZY007's Avatar
    FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300

    Thats great news to hear, glad those videos helped you in some way.

    1min rest inbetween sets is hard on the system and i'm gasping for breath many times and it does reduce my weight what I can push but its the intensity what works for me. I do sometime take longer rest periods depending which muscle group I am training and if I want to push some heavier weights
    I noticed when I worked out it was hard to go 4 days straight due to intensity. I was almost doing 1 day on 1 day off and when done with the whole body after 4 days would take 2 days off

  21. #141
    stpete is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kitchen, Gym, Kitchen....
    Posts
    13,716
    Good thread, marcus. I'm making this a "must check" thread on a daily basis.

  22. #142
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by pjliftsalot View Post
    So glad I decided to read this. I usually don't bother with lounge posts but this is inspiring to say the least.

    Glad its helping you, thanks

  23. #143
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    I noticed when I worked out it was hard to go 4 days straight due to intensity. I was almost doing 1 day on 1 day off and when done with the whole body after 4 days would take 2 days off
    If you need more rest day inbetween take them, thats what I do.

    Sometimes you just need to rest, eat and recover from the assualt you have had from training, many times its your CNS whats needs a break. Usually I last around 4-6 weeks training like this then I need to step back and train slightly differently, works well with the short burst cycles I like running.

  24. #144
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Good thread, marcus. I'm making this a "must check" thread on a daily basis.
    Thanks

  25. #145
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    Alright brother go kill legs today.

  26. #146
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Watched Branch and Ronnie doing leg workout pre going to the gym this morning to help get me motivated and ready for the extreme assualt I was planning. No cardio this morning just fuel and off to the gym.


    2 warm up sets on leg extension
    Squat machine - 4 set - 20,15,12,10
    squats - 3 sets - 12,10,8
    leg extensions - 3 sets 15,12,10
    leg curls - 3 sets 15,12,10


    Calf's - seated raises - 4 sets
    standing calf raises - 4 sets


    back home to fuel up
    exhausted and very pumped

  27. #147
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Watched Branch and Ronnie doing leg workout pre going to the gym this morning to help get me motivated and ready for the extreme assualt I was planning. No cardio this morning just fuel and off to the gym.

    2 warm up sets on leg extension
    Squat machine - 4 set - 20,15,12,10
    squats - 3 sets - 12,10,8
    leg extensions - 3 sets 15,12,10
    leg curls - 3 sets 15,12,10

    Calf's - seated raises - 4 sets
    standing calf raises - 4 sets

    back home to fuel up
    exhausted and very pumped
    Can you walk. Or just a sore limp. Lol

  28. #148
    AD's Avatar
    AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,809
    does joint pain ever restrict your leg trainings? knee or hip pain?

  29. #149
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Can you walk. Or just a sore limp. Lol
    Couldnt walk straight afterwards but then the pump started to go and the numb floppy sensation came in full force

  30. #150
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    does joint pain ever restrict your leg trainings? knee or hip pain?
    No, not had knee pain for yrs and never had hip problems but my area of concern is my lower back which gives me alot of problems. It was from years of heavy squating and dead lifting in my early yrs. I trained with some power lifters when I first started and the poundage went on fast in those days and I think I damaged my lower back. Sometimes I cant train legs and have to just stretch it out but over the last 10 wks+ ive not had any problems just a dull ache when I go heavier than I should....It scares me to be honest and thats why I keep the poundage down these days and go with extreme intensity instead.

  31. #151
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    Marcus in the training section you posted the training video's of Dorian's high intensity workouts. Did you see good results with these routines?
    If so how long did you do them before changing things up?
    As always Thanks Cape

  32. #152
    HitIt's Avatar
    HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dirty South, GA Coast
    Posts
    1,705
    raspberries and tobasco? hmmm

  33. #153
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Marcus in the training section you posted the training video's of Dorian's high intensity workouts. Did you see good results with these routines?
    If so how long did you do them before changing things up?
    As always Thanks Cape

    I use the principles but with my own twist on them, the short high intensity training is the kind of training i've always gone back to and its always built the most tissue from using these methods. I usually get very motivated before I go to the gym like watching videos etc then I go in the gym and seriously put myself through it.

    My training sessions only last around 45mins but within that time period its very intense. I normally use either forced & negs or drop sets depending if I have a training partner that day. I don't chat or socialize I just go and break my body down as much as possible then I go home and eat. If I need to put a added rest day in-between my work-outs I do, if I need to do a straight 6 days in a row ( because of my work schedule) I will and if I need to take 4 days off I will but when I go in the gym I really train hard and my main focus is on tearing down my tissue and building myself up as big as possible.

    I've tried many different styles and the one for me to build and maintain muscle is high intensity training

  34. #154
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    raspberries and tobasco? hmmm
    Raspberries was after the meal lol

  35. #155
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,360
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yeah we know how you are.
    trust me when i come and read about moron telling his gf to keep pumping milk so he can drink it for a protien , its gross feeling that is hard to explain and i really wanted to rip him a new one.

  36. #156
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,686
    One can always learn from your experences.You always have a lot of good info to share.I am going to try your short burst cycle next.

  37. #157
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    What are you working today Marcus?

  38. #158
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    One can always learn from your experences.You always have a lot of good info to share.I am going to try your short burst cycle next.
    I adore short burst cycles linked to a pre cycle prime, this for me builds the most and maintainable tissue than any other cycle IMHO....

  39. #159
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    What are you working today Marcus?
    Rest day due to work schedule and I need to the rest, my legs,chest and back are very sore and feel like ive been in the ring with Tyson

  40. #160
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    I did Dorians HIT legs today wow. One min between sets is not a lot. Completely different than I am used to. One warm up and one working for some where I would do 4. But its the weight. Damn killed the legs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 7 guests)

  1. almostgone

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •