Page 508 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 840845849850350450550650750850951051151251351855860810081508 ... LastLast
Results 20,281 to 20,320 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Chest Day (42 min)

Decline BB Press: 135x15, 185x8, 225x8, 255x4 pause 2 pause 2, 255x3 pause 2 drop 245x2.

Superset
    Flat DB Press: 70x8, 80x6, 90x4 pause 2
    To DB Fly: 50x6, 55x6, 60x6, pause 4 (rt shoulder pain)

Incline BB Press: 135x9, 155x6 pause 4 pause 3, 175x3.5 pause 2 drop 155x3

DB Straight Arm Pullovers: 50x12, 60x10, 70x8.

Hit treadmill for a 20 min jog then done.

225, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.
    Java Man likes this.

This is going to be a long night... Just got advised that I am being held for mandatory overtime again tonight... This will be my third night in the past five days being forced for an extra eight hours. What makes this night particularly special from the rest? Good question. Let me tell you... This is day two of my diet with 1000 less calories and carbs cycling.... The best part? This is a low carb day...

A long night is ahead with maybe three cans of tuna... Unless I can convince a friend to drop off some quest bars... That would make this so much more tolerable!

almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Chilled all day today bank holiday here. Sorry to hear your unwell ag.
    Feeling much better this evening. Ready to get through this shift tonight and back to lifting tomorrow evening.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-04-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    clarky. and DCI like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Hammer strength press

Db flys

Peckdeck

No cardio today
    almostgone and Java Man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    This is going to be a long night... Just got advised that I am being held for mandatory overtime again tonight... This will be my third night in the past five days being forced for an extra eight hours. What makes this night particularly special from the rest? Good question. Let me tell you... This is day two of my diet with 1000 less calories and carbs cycling.... The best part? This is a low carb day...

A long night is ahead with maybe three cans of tuna... Unless I can convince a friend to drop off some quest bars... That would make this so much more tolerable!

My employer is notorious for doing the same thing. I keep a small bag of plain shredded wheat, a batch of protein, and a shaker cup handy. Hope your shift goes by quickly.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-04-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    My employer is notorious for doing the same thing. I keep a small bag of plain shredded wheat, a batch of protein, and a shaker cup handy. Hope your shift goes by quickly.
    Thanks AG. Great idea...I should definitely do the same.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    Thanks AG. Great idea...I should definitely do the same.
    It's almost a necessity when you have a crazy/variable work schedule. I also keep a pre lift shake w/ few tablespoons of coffee, l-arginine, etc. in my rucksack in case I need to lift when I get off work in the mornings. I try to lift before work if at all possible though. Lifting after work and the shake w/ coffee really wrecks my sleep.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Shoulders the day for me guys going to try db up right rows again for side delt a got some pain the last time but av no done them in a while. I'll do them at the end a think so i don't have to go heavy not that i can go heavy anyway.
    almostgone, DCI, NACH3 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Shoulders the day for me guys going to try db up right rows again for side delt a got some pain the last time but av no done them in a while. I'll do them at the end a think so i don't have to go heavy not that i can go heavy anyway.
    How's the visit with the orthopaedist/physical therapist going, Clarky? Any improvement yet?
    clarky. likes this.

How's the visit with the orthopaedist/physical therapist going, Clarky? Any improvement yet?
    Yes ok mate thanks. I did reply to you last time you asked AG page 500 lol way back lol.

Yes ok mate thanks. I did reply to you last time you asked AG page 500 lol way back lol.
    I plead old age. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.
    clarky., NACH3 and Java Man like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Feeling much better this evening. Ready to get through this shift tonight and back to lifting tomorrow evening.
    Good job thats great to hear man. Well yesterday was a waste of time the gym was closed when I got there they never said anything about different hours on a bank holiday so was annoying to turn up and it closed if I knew there was different hours I would have just gone earlier.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

X2 i like doing traps from front & back and a wee note book is a very very good tool in BB you think you can remember but nit a chance great tool to help with progress.

She said if is way better but i need to stop shoulders for a few wks to let it heal. FFS how can a do that AG you know it drives us mad but dam man i need this better it is just holding me back i still get a wee niggle from it so maybe i should actually practice what i preach lol.

Yip tduff as AG said i have to do high reps light weight becsuse of this prob i have i just can not do HIT with shoulders and it even gives me a bit of jip doing chest (flys) mostly. Play around and see what works for you just like AG is doing with bi's and just like we do with our doses to find our sweet spot that works for US wee are all different.

AG you deserve every single bit of credit you get you have helped me alot over the years and i have so much respecet for you. The knowledge you have is incredible.
    Repost for the old yin
    Last edited by clarky.; 05-05-2015 at 03:22 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

I plead old age. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.
    mad man

Good job thats great to hear man. Well yesterday was a waste of time the gym was closed when I got there they never said anything about different hours on a bank holiday so was annoying to turn up and it closed if I knew there was different hours I would have just gone earlier.
    That's a pisser mate there was probs a wee tiny sign behind the desk of somewhere hard to see lol.
    almostgone likes this.

DCI
    Lol ckarky wasnt there since sat didnt spot anything so youre probably right lol
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Thanks,DCI.. Hope your next time @ the gym goes better!
    DCI likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Chest today, surprisingly good workout since my tri's were so sore yesterday and I was completely exhausted last night. Once I got some blood in them they free'd right up and I was able to move some weight.

Incline db press: 1 warm, 2 feel, 1 working (120's) 1 drop.

Flat bench: 2 feel, 1 working 1 drop. Managed to get 275 up, wan't expecting to after heavy db and sore tri's.

Incline fly: 1 warm, 1 feel, 1 working (70's).

Hammer Strength decline press: 3 working 1 drop.

Cable fly: 2 light sets waiting for the pec dec.

Pec dec: 1 feel, 2 working (300). Hit the stack for a couple sets, felt good, my shoulders don't hurt on this anymore

Had a nice pump, chest and front delts were popping and vascular, tri's were nice and swollen. Started back on my salads at lunches, dropped the starchy carbs at lunch, maybe a small amount with dinner, I always have my oatmeal for breakfast after I train. Should slowly start to lean up, might have to add in some more protein throughout the day and some extra healthy fats. Rest tomorrow unless I feel good then I will go in for some cardio.
    clarky., almostgone, NACH3 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Chest today, surprisingly good workout since my tri's were so sore yesterday and I was completely exhausted last night. Once I got some blood in them they free'd right up and I was able to move some weight.

Incline db press: 1 warm, 2 feel, 1 working (120's) 1 drop.

Flat bench: 2 feel, 1 working 1 drop. Managed to get 275 up, wan't expecting to after heavy db and sore tri's.

Incline fly: 1 warm, 1 feel, 1 working (70's).

Hammer Strength decline press: 3 working 1 drop.

Cable fly: 2 light sets waiting for the pec dec.

Pec dec: 1 feel, 2 working (300). Hit the stack for a couple sets, felt good, my shoulders don't hurt on this anymore

Had a nice pump, chest and front delts were popping and vascular, tri's were nice and swollen. Started back on my salads at lunches, dropped the starchy carbs at lunch, maybe a small amount with dinner, I always have my oatmeal for breakfast after I train. Should slowly start to lean up, might have to add in some more protein throughout the day and some extra healthy fats. Rest tomorrow unless I feel good then I will go in for some cardio.
    Nice session zempey

Ok just back from doing shoulders it went great real great rc ex and stretching.

Seated db side raises 4 sets high rep

Db upright row 3 sets a side high rep

Bent over db rev fly 4 sets high rep

Front raises plate 3 sets high rep

Shoulder press smith 3 sets high rep

All the above light weight

30min cardio and done.

Good session guys got a little pain at the start from side raises but it went away. I just have to be smart with this just now and not push it every set i did till i could not lift it great burn on every set.
    almostgone, zempey, NACH3 and 2 others like this.

Nice lifts, gentlemen.
    clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Nice lifts, gentlemen.
    Thank you sir.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Back this am Deload wk... Still got a crazy pump from the switch up...

Stretching/RCs/SMR/warm up lat pulldows light

1. Wide grip Kat pull downs - 2 feelers 2w8/6 1 drop 6

2. Close grip pull downs love these - 2w 8/6 Drop 6
    Suppersetted w/straight arm pull downs 3w failure(6-10)

3. Bent over rows light(back still sore a bit) - 3w 8-12

4. Neutral grip hammer strength row - 3w failure very slow tempo 5/4/5 (8-12)

5. Reverse flies mid(rhomboids) / 4w 8-12 very slow tempo holding at contraction - suppersetted w/hypers 4w failure w/plate

Abs body weight - and session done in 36min - though I'm going lighter im seeming to shock the shit outta my muscles great stuff
    DCI, almostgone and Java Man like this.

DCI
    Thanks,DCI.. Hope your next time @ the gym goes better!
    This week is a bit hap hazard for the gym but its deload so its not so bad tbh.

@nach love that feeling that even with a deload week you can concentrate on the muscles just aswell great feeling
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    This week is a bit hap hazard for the gym but its deload so its not so bad tbh.

@nach love that feeling that even with a deload week you can concentrate on the muscles just aswell great feeling
    Totally agree DCI! I've been doing a real slow tempo(5/4/5) keeping the muscles under constant tension while holding the contraction! Yes very nice to switch it up and hope my body responds well after the fact(more stronger etc)
    DCI likes this.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Totally agree DCI! I've been doing a real slow tempo(5/4/5) keeping the muscles under constant tension while holding the contraction! Yes very nice to switch it up and hope my body responds well after the fact(more stronger etc)
    You will find the more you do this type of training with correct dd loading by the time the de load is done you will be unable to contain yourself on the next weeks of heavy lifting it is really great to experience
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    You will find the more you do this type of training with correct dd loading by the time the de load is done you will be unable to contain yourself on the next weeks of heavy lifting it is really great to experience
    Thx for the input DCI.... In the past this is how and why I never was truly able to recover! I've/am learning so much in this thread and this site each day!!!!

Have a killer w/o brother!
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-05-2015 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Sp
    DCI likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post

Noticed ive been slacking on cardio and abs. Some how I have to find the time. Used to have a great ab routine...but hate the areas for abs at this gym and its way too busy most of the time.
    Hey Sfla, could you do your ab routine at home(or in the middle of sets - but I can't w/HIT either - so I do em after! But I usually do body weight w/Swiss ball and various other methods to apply

DCI
    Thx for the input DCI.... In the past this is how and why I never was truly able to recover! I've/am learning so much in this thread and this site each day!!!!

Phase a killer w/o brother!
    Same this is why I log in at least 10 times a day just to see the new posts as I've said about 500 times on this thread it has changed my whole outlook on life training etc it really is a thread that has so much knowledge and indepth posts not just about bodybuilding but life in general.
    NACH3, almostgone and Java Man like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Same this is why I log in at least 10 times a day just to see the new posts as I've said about 500 times on this thread it has changed my whole outlook on life training etc it really is a thread that has so much knowledge and indepth posts not just about bodybuilding but life in general.
    Soo true brother!!! Just by going thru peoples w/o's it's motivational to say the least lol... I love going back and reading this thread - like you've said so much info on everything(all aspects of life/lifestyle/bettering yourself and others etc).... Very glad to be a part
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-05-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Added...
    DCI and Java Man like this.

DCI
    Soo true brother!!! Just by going thru peoples w/o's it's motivational to say the least lol... I love going back and reading this thread - like you've said so much info on everything(all aspects of life etc).... Very glad to be a part
    I think we all are man amazing what kind of community this place is
    NACH3 likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Nice.
    DCI likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Anyway...

My best friend stopped me from giving this girl a box of chocolates, telling me it was creepy to do it in a YMCA...

What are your thoughts?

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim View Post
    Anyway...

My best friend stopped me from giving this girl a box of chocolates, telling me it was creepy to do it in a YMCA...

What are your thoughts?

Thoughts are to keep this in the lounge. NOT here please.
    Java Man and NACH3 like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Had a buddy ask me to pick him up some stuff for cutting and getting that hard look, so I grabbed him some tren . He then asks when I bring it to him if his chick can do it, I said absolutely not unless you want her to start looking like a man, lol. That would have been some important info to give when asking for stuff, some people just don't get it.

Had a buddy ask me to pick him up some stuff for cutting and getting that hard look, so I grabbed him some tren. He then asks when I bring it to him if his chick can do it, I said absolutely not unless you want her to start looking like a man, lol. That would have been some important info to give when asking for stuff, some people just don't get it.
    Damn, Zempey, I could use that for this cut....lol This 1000 calorie restriction with carb cycling is challenging to say the least. I already went over my 100g limit for today by drinking rice milk with my post workout shake on accident. Damn. Need to get some cardio in later to make this right.

Lost power twice while I was sleeping in today from forced overtime last night to this morning. As result, I woke up and crammed my Back workout into a small 30 minute slot I had before I had to head back to work. The result was a crappy workout....Any thoughts on whether it is okay to head to the gym after work and hit is again? Or would this be setting me up for over-training, etc? I mean, I did hit it moderately hard for my brief workout, but not HIT hard, and I was not at all exhausted or burned out afterwards...it was quite the let down, especially as my back is one my weakest links in my physique. Opinions?

Take the rest and hit back extra hard next time.
    DCI likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    thoughts are to keep this in the lounge. Not here please.
    x2....

Working on a shake and then arms before work.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Take the rest and hit back extra hard next time.
    Duly noted. Just going to hit abs and cardio then after work I didn't have enough time for those this morning. Thanks Zempey

Thread Information