Page 585 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 854855355755805815825835845855865875885895905956356851085 ... LastLast
Results 23,361 to 23,400 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Sfla80;7089173]Have to jump in here and too.much to quote or even high light.

palms facing each other.

You mean twisting and palms facing toward you?? My flys - my palms always face each other(unless I open up more for the stretch) - focusing on squeeze at top - I think the twist re-ensures some(mental Q) or it activates the under/lower part of pecs(like a low pully starting position bringing cables up from the bottom) if that makes sense...
    Last edited by NACH3; 08-08-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes nach facing towards you....meant that after I wrote it...but didn't edit it. :/

And thanks....I never have done it....was just more curious on why.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Yes nach facing towards you....meant that after I wrote it...but didn't edit it. :/

And thanks....I never have done it....was just more curious on why.
    Tbh - im not really sure if the twisting does much - if your doing the. Flys correctly I think one is more than fine as long as the chest isn't caving(as Haz has said) and focus more so on the squeeze(which is a flex at the top of contraction...

Have you ever played around w/them(twisting and not)? I really can't do the twist(asMy shoukder is like locked in a certain place and it's tough to get that ROM of my palms up/or facing towards you -

How's things man, vaca sounded very nice and much needed

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3

Tbh - im not really sure if the twisting does much - if your doing the. Flys correctly I think one is more than fine as long as the chest isn't caving(as Haz has said) and focus more so on the squeeze(which is a flex at the top of contraction...

Have you ever played around w/them(twisting and not)? I really can't do the twist(asMy shoukder is like locked in a certain place and it's tough to get that ROM of my palms up/or facing towards you -

For me sometimes the twist helps..... Others it doesn't. I feel It out durring my feel sets. Flys are weird for me..... I have to warm up and get the proper angle and motion first and then hammer them.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    For me sometimes the twist helps..... Others it doesn't. I feel It out durring my feel sets. Flys are weird for me..... I have to warm up and get the proper angle and motion first and then hammer them.
    Makes sense - so it's kinda like a mental Q for you - sometimes the twist helps the squeeze and sometimes it doesn't!

I need to Use my feelers too tho sometimes if really warmed I can get right into a groove - it depends too I guess lol - especially incline flies tho...

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Things are good. Crazy at work now...but still find time to visit the diary lol.

Wife is good...found out its a baby girl on the way . Vaca was great getaway basically relaxing and eating lol.

And yeah never tried the twist motion.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ^^^ great news, Sfla!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Drinking my shake and then going to work shoulders.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Things are good. Crazy at work now...but still find time to visit the diary lol.

Wife is good...found out its a baby girl on the way . Vaca was great getaway basically relaxing and eating lol.

And yeah never tried the twist motion.
    Congrats Sfla! That's great news! Glad you were able to get away! See you've been back hitting it hard too!

I just been doing my flys palms facing each other... Especially on incline(it's harder for me to even do the twist.

Thanks nach and ag!!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Have to jump in here and too.much to quote or even high light.

So with what marcus said...bringing the dumbells in slightly instead of straight up. I'm picturing the inner part of db almost lined up with your pecs...few inches away from each db touching each other? Hope that makes sense....need a video to explain better...maybe get the wife to take one of me tomorrow.

Also let's say incline db flies. Used to see and actually still do....guys twisting the db at their highest point to palms facing each other. Is this helping target anything?
    Just bring the bells up with a slight inward pitch without locking the elbows, once the elbows lock all the weight of the bell translate to your shoulder joint so if you have a soft elbow and bring them up in a slight arch together you will directly hit the chest and stimulate it better than just going up and down with the bells which will involve a lot more tricep.

FLyes just use what ever groove suits you best but I was told by someone very educated in this game yrs ago regarding flyes and he said bring the bells down for the stretch and up for the contraction but try your arm like your hugging a tree at all times, lol this stuck with me and do this all the time so my inner and outer parts get really hit hard
    almostgone, clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Just bring the bells up with a slight inward pitch without locking the elbows, once the elbows lock all the weight of the bell translate to your shoulder joint so if you have a soft elbow and bring them up in a slight arch together you will directly hit the chest and stimulate it better than just going up and down with the bells which will involve a lot more tricep.

FLyes just use what ever groove suits you best but I was told by someone very educated in this game yrs ago regarding flyes and he said bring the bells down for the stretch and up for the contraction but try your arm like your hugging a tree at all times, lol this stuck with me and do this all the time so my inner and outer parts get really hit hard
    Probably best way it's been said....hugging a tree at all times.

Thank you sir.
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

Whew, will post up in a bit,, but that was a good lift. Feels like if I turn my head around far enough, I could mash my ear against my traps.
    clarky. likes this.

Thanks nach and ag!!
    You got it, Sfla!!

Not sure what I did but glad it helped?

NACH3 likes this.

R/C exercises and broomstick stretches.

D'bell shoulder press-2 w/u Work-4,drop,3,drop,1- 3+ reps-2+ reps
    Cable side lateral-2 w/u, Work-7+,drop,4+-3+reps-1+ reps. 2 more reps w/right arm vs. left arms. Long 10 count hold on partials.
    D'bell rear laterals-2 w/u, Work-7+,drop,3+,drop,2+. Long 10 count hold on partials.
    B'bell shrugs-2 w/u, Work (front)-4,drop,7,drop,5+
    D'bell shrugs from the side. Dropsetted my way from 100# down to 40# averaging 3+ reps per drop.

Think I will be rotating out the b'bell shrugs to the rear w/ dropsetting d'bell shrugs for awhile and keep the b'bell shrugs to the front every shoulder lift.

37 very busy, intense minutes not including the R/C exercises and stretches.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-09-2015 at 04:39 AM.
    marcus300, clarky. and NACH3 like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    R/C exercises and broomstick stretches.

D'bell shoulder press-2 w/u Work-4,drop,3,drop,1- 3+ reps-2+ reps
    Cable side lateral-2 w/u, Work-7+,drop,4+-3+reps-1+ reps. 2 more reps w/right arm vs. left arms. Long 10 count hold on partials.
    D'bell rear laterals-2 w/u, Work-7+,drop,3+,drop,2+. Long 10 count hold on partials.
    B'bell shrugs-2 w/u, Work (front)-4,drop,7,drop,5+
    D'bell shrugs- Dropsetted my way from 100# down to 40# averaging 3+ reps per drop.

Think I will be rotating out the b'bell shrugs to the rear w/ dropsetting d'bell shrugs for awhile and keep the b'bell shrugs to the front every shoulder lift.

37 very busy, intense minutes not including the R/C exercises and stretches.
    Nice session AG.
    I don't do db shrugs AG i prefer just bb i feel i hit the traps better for me but since i started doing behind the back shrugs i have seen a big difference in them.
    almostgone likes this.

Tri's are a wee bit sore think i'm in for doms but my chest is fvcking destroyed i mean destroyed
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Nice session AG.
    I don't do db shrugs AG i prefer just bb i feel i hit the traps better for me but since i started doing behind the back shrugs i have seen a big difference in them.
    Sounding great, Clarky! I was doing front and rear b'bell shrugs only, but when I throw in heavy slow d'bell shrugs from the sides, it feels like my traps run all the way up to my ears. I do them fairly slow on positive and negative so I have plenty of time to breathe and growl and get my eyeballs shaking.
    Wife even commented on traps standing tall last night.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-09-2015 at 04:41 AM.
    clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Sounding great, Clarky! I was doing front and rear b'bell shrugs only, but when I throw in heavy slow d'bell shrugs from the sides, it feels like my traps run all the way up to my ears. I do them fairly slow on positive and negative so I have plenty of time to breathe and growl and get my eyeballs shaking.
    Aye good stuff AG i'll give them a go after the bb i'll do it like you said mate.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Aye good stuff AG i'll give them a go after the bb i'll do it like you said mate.
    Arms for me today... Nice and rested!

AG/Clarky - I too, have been finishing my shrugs w/the slow DBs from the sides(got it from one of your w/o's a while back AG - gotta say since incorporating behind/regular/DB shrugs... Been getting many more compliments on my traps hey I'll take it lol
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

That's great, Nach! If I can share something that helps someone out, then it has been a good day for me.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Tonight should be cardio, but I may try to squeak in a back session instead (day early, but what the heck). I know tomorrow is going to be hectic, so the cardio would fit into my schedule better then.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone

Nice AG!

I always finish my traps off with heavy alternating db shrugs...... Love them!
    almostgone likes this.

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Incline bench

Wide grip hammer press

Db flys

Superset peck deck into incline machine press

Cable crossovers

30 minutes cardio and done
    clarky., NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Arms this morning

Rope pull downs to start 3 w 1 feel 2 w dd all with holding full extension for 3 seconds. (Drops weren't 3 sec though)

Super set db over head into incline ez bar skulls. 2 w for both, DD on db.

Superset reverse grip ez pull downs into cable extensions. 2 w

Bi's

Cable (cable shoulder height, arms straight curling in towards ears...best way to explain not sure what it's called) 1f 2 w dd. Holding for 3 secs again.

Seated dB curls (no twist, palms up) Superset into hammers. 2 w 1 d on hammers

Reverse grip ez bar curls superset in single arm db preachers. 2 w
    NACH3, clarky. and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Arms - Marcus that movement(tri extensions w/palms facing is awesome - can definitely see slabs forming )!!!

Stretching RC ex's abs(need to start doing more core stuff w/cables etc) cardio 30min

Bi's - warmed up w/light DB curls
    1, BB curl(lil wider) - 2 feelers 1w 5(new weight lil heavy) drop 4-5/drop 5 same weight 3
    2. Single atm DB preacher off back of incline - 1 feeler 2w 8/6(2 forced on each) drop 5 drop 3-4 again 2 forced on all drops
    3. Incline curls - 1w 7-8 drop 5-6 drop 4 same weight 2-3
    4. CG cable curls - 1w 7 drop 5 drop 3-4
    Tris
    1. CG Smith(new weight) - 3 feelers 1w 7-8 drop 5 drop 4-5 stayed @ weight 3
    2. Lying(palms facing each other) tri extensions - 2 feelers(to get form down) 1w 8-9 bumped up w/6 drop 5 drop 3-4
    3. French curls - 2w 8/5-6 drop 4
    4. V-grip pushdowns stack - 8 drop 6 drop 4 drop 3ish all the way to 60lbs(stack is 200+)
    5. Rope push downs - 1w 7 drop 5 drop 4 drop 3

Very intense 39min and shifted some nice weight - totally fvkin fried - grear session guys/& gals!!!
    clarky., almostgone and marcus300 like this.

Nice session slfa / nach

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nice session slfa / nach
    Right on buddy, thx!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Finally lifted today. It was a sad state of affairs after being out for 2.5 mo. Like starting over. So sad. So so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Finally lifted today. It was a sad state of affairs after being out for 2.5 mo. Like starting over. So sad. So so sad.
    I bet you will be lifting more than your previous best in no time, GGR. Don't be sad, be glad you have time to get back in the gym, young lady!
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-09-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Getting ready to go fight my way through a back lift. Fueling up now.
    NACH3 likes this.

2 sets crunches

WG underhand pulldowns-2 w/u, Work-7+,drop,3+,drop,3+. Slow negatives on partial.
    Parallel grip pulldown-1 w/u, Work-3+-5+-2+. Slow neg. on partials
    Tbar rows-1 w/u, Work-6+-3+-2+
    Low pulley rows-Work-6+-2+-1+-1+- fail. Slow neg. on partials.
    Deads-2 sets at a low weight
    D'bell rows-10 reps/side (failure)

33 minutes not including crunches.

Almost had to put the lifting off, but managed to get it done. I strayed from my usual diet today and ate 1.5 Krispy Kreme doughnuts. My stomach didn't appreciate it and the whole experience was "very unpleasant".
    Won't be doing that again.
    clarky. likes this.

2 sets crunches

WG underhand pulldowns-2 w/u, Work-7+,drop,3+,drop,3+. Slow negatives on partial.
    Parallel grip pulldown-1 w/u, Work-3+-5+-2+. Slow neg. on partials
    Tbar rows-1 w/u, Work-6+-3+-2+
    Low pulley rows-Work-6+-2+-1+-1+- fail. Slow neg. on partials.
    Deads-2 sets at a low weight
    D'bell rows-10 reps/side (failure)

33 minutes not including crunches.

Almost had to put the lifting off, but managed to get it done. I strayed from my usual diet today and ate 1.5 Krispy Kreme doughnuts. My stomach didn't appreciate it and the whole experience was "very unpleasant".
    Won't be doing that again.
    Hot Krispy kremes straight out the factory are incredibly good..... When I went to visit family in SC there was a factory not too far from them. You can watch the doughnuts as they come out lol
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

MOTIVATION FELLAS.....

I don't need any!

I'm almost too excited about lifting tomorrow morning that I can't sleep.... Counter productive I know lol.

I'm fueling the fire..... I'm tearing down the muscle.... Just killin it right now.
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    2 sets crunches WG underhand pulldowns-2 w/u, Work-7+,drop,3+,drop,3+. Slow negatives on partial. Parallel grip pulldown-1 w/u, Work-3+-5+-2+. Slow neg. on partials Tbar rows-1 w/u, Work-6+-3+-2+ Low pulley rows-Work-6+-2+-1+-1+- fail. Slow neg. on partials. Deads-2 sets at a low weight D'bell rows-10 reps/side (failure) 33 minutes not including crunches. Almost had to put the lifting off, but managed to get it done. I strayed from my usual diet today and ate 1.5 Krispy Kreme doughnuts. My stomach didn't appreciate it and the whole experience was "very unpleasant". Won't be doing that again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3222519035.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	158554
    almostgone likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Hot Krispy kremes straight out the factory are incredibly good..... When I went to visit family in SC there was a factory not too far from them. You can watch the doughnuts as they come out lol
    Ive never had these but a lot of people tell me they are the best.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Ive never had these but a lot of people tell me they are the best.
    X2 they do look very good but just can't bring myself to buy one lol.
    almostgone likes this.

Delts/traps the day for me so i'll report back later the night.
    almostgone likes this.

I'm thinking Greenville has a fairly busy one. There is a small KK one town over from me that has the smaller setup. Doughnuts running down the line and getting deluged in sugar/glaze.
    LOL, my belly no longer likes the deep fried, sugary items.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3222519035.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	158554

LMAO. . My stomach would have reacted better to the contents of those KK containers.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-10-2015 at 02:26 AM.

Thread Information