Page 584 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 844845345745795805815825835845855865875885895946346841084 ... LastLast
Results 23,321 to 23,360 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Legs - and I feel like a deer on ice lol
    Stretching abd rolling RC ex's more stretching

1. Seated calf raises - 2 feelers 3w starting in higher rep range - ended w/8-10ish failing
    2. Reverse V squats(deep) - 3 feelers(pyramiding up) 1w 8+ drop 6+ drop 5+ drop 3-4
    3. Leg press - 2w non lock to failure
    4. Smith static lunges - 2 feelers 2w + RP to failure
    5. Leg extensions - 3w higher rep range to failure
    6. Leg curls - 3w higher rep range to failure
    7. Stiff legged deads - 1w + RP
    On leg press I felt something below my ventral hernia(like where a hernia would be lower above groin - weird sound but didn't hurt - sure made me start thinking tho
    Great session can't walk - sitting in car shaking lol - weights done in 37min!
    almostgone likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    1 scoop of two diff kinds of pre-workout. 1 pec injection also done....

Time for delts and traps!
    almostgone likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Steve Kuclo with my sister and I

Man did I feel small..... I was flat as shit lol. It's all good tho after I eat ill look pumped at the fair tonite lolol

He did say I was big tho so I guess that counts for something
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**-image-1443451290.jpg  

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

GingerbeardJ is offline Associate Member
    How tall are you tho haz? You seem to tower over him pretty well. And your sis legs are looking good! She should do well!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbeardJ
    How tall are you tho haz? You seem to tower over him pretty well. And your sis legs are looking good! She should do well!
    I'm 6'1

She's extremely flat right now. She's 1 week out and is looking her worst!

- Knockout_Power

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    Haz your sister is no joke. She looks great (in a non creeper way).

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I'm 6'1
    I did not know they stacked s*** that high.

Lol what do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    I'm 6'1 She's extremely flat right now. She's 1 week out and is looking her worst!
    I thought you were taller than that for some reason. But still your a large man. And dang for real?! Her worst?!? Hope she nails peak weak than and fills out cause if that's her worst she has loads of potential! I was at nationals and there were many many figure competitors who's legs weren't that defined.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I agree your Sis is tip top, Haz!

looks like your growing

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Legs today....felt great and strong

Smith squats 3 warms, 1 feel, 2 w....every set was a 3 second pause on ass to grass. 2w sets was weight I was hitting 9n cycle...so felt great especially with the pauses. These killed me.

Smith lunges 2 w

Seated calves 2 w dd

Reverse vsquat actually more weight then I had on cycle now. 6 45s. 2 w

Extensions 2w DD

Curls 2 w
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPlease?

I did not know they stacked s*** that high.

Lol what do you weigh?
    264lbs today

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbeardJ
    I thought you were taller than that for some reason. But still your a large man. And dang for real?! Her worst?!? Hope she nails peak weak than and fills out cause if that's her worst she has loads of potential! I was at nationals and there were many many figure competitors who's legs weren't that defined.
    Yea she will fill out for sure. Her show is STACKED tho..... I can't wait to see how she does
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

264lbs today
    Damn bro I got you by a couple inches and you have be by a couple pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Yea she will fill out for sure. Her show is STACKED tho..... I can't wait to see how she does
    that's the only way to do it in my book! Going up against good competition is much better than winning your class cause there 4 people in it! Best of luck to her!

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'm 6'1

She's extremely flat right now. She's 1 week out and is looking her worst!
    Man, if this is her looking her "worst", she should do great.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Hope you get a chance to post up a few pics from the show. Best of luck to her, although I can't see her doing less than spectacular!
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone

Hope you get a chance to post up a few pics from the show. Best of luck to her, although I can't see her doing less than spectacular!
    I def will. She's up to 2 1/4 gallons of water at the moment and 1/4c of oats only for carbs. Once she cuts the water and eats carbs she's going to pop!
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPlease? View Post
    Damn bro I got you by a couple inches and you have be by a couple pounds.
    Come then post a picture Mr nobody?
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Come then post a picture Mr nobody?
    Oh no you called me out for saying that even though I am a few inches taller than Hazard he still has weight on me. I guess I have to post a picture now to prove this to strangers on the internet lol. I should have read that rule before I posted. Shucks.

Oh no you called me out for saying that even though I am a few inches taller than Hazard he still has weight on me. I guess I have to post a picture now to prove this to strangers on the internet lol. I should have read that rule before I posted. Shucks.
    I called you out because you sounded like a knob. Yeh big boy post a pic lol.
    almostgone likes this.

I called you out because you sounded like a knob. Yeh big boy post a pic lol.
    Paying Haz a compliment makes me sound like a knob?

Paying Haz a compliment makes me sound like a knob?
    This thread isn't for talking shit. Post a pic or go somewhere else
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Chest for me today going in a few hours hoping to hit some good lbs as i've been feeling weak this last wk.
    almostgone likes this.

Put a whooping on it, Clarky!
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Put a whooping on it, Clarky!
    I'll try mate i really will

Guys a need to work on the top of my chest and the inside i do a lot of incline work and it has made a difference but any wee tips tricks ?? ta.

Ok guys/girls just back from a chest and tri session i know i did both lol.
    Fvcking screamer really really good.

Cable fly 1 working 1 drop. Pulleys at chest hight

Incline db press 1 working 1 drop **new weight**

Incline db fly 1 working 1 drop **new weight**

Flat db press 1 working

Flat db fly 1 working

db kick back 2 working a side

Tri pd v bar 1 working DD **new weight**

Behind head tri ex 1 working DD Cable straight bar

Dips hahaha i got 5 reps lol tri's were total fried.

Ok so the new weight on the incline db press i got to the new weight the day i got two wks ago i think it was because last wk i never even got to it as i was not right Anyway got to the weight and i was like i could bump this up so i went to the next set i got 12 reps so i said fvck it am going up again so i did and i got 6 very good reps so i jumped two bells fvcking well chuffed guys/girls.
    Just thought i would share
    So chest and tri's are total fried.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Congrats on the new weights, Clarky! That's a lot of work, too.
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky.

I'll try mate i really will

Guys a need to work on the top of my chest and the inside i do a lot of incline work and it has made a difference but any wee tips tricks ?? ta.
    I have the same issue clarky

What's making a difference is making sure my scapula is pinched and not caving my chest. Essentially just making sure your form is correct.

Put the bench on a slight incline and angle the inside of the dumbells down, making a slight V shape. Make sure the dumbells are over your nipples or slightly below for the whole movement of the press. If they come over your upper chest or delts you can lift more weight but you take the pressure off your chest and put it on your front delts.

Hope this helps!
    almostgone, clarky. and marcus300 like this.

- Knockout_Power

What's making a difference is making sure my scapula is pinched and not caving my chest. Essentially just making sure your form is correct.

Put the bench on a slight incline and angle the inside of the dumbells down, making a slight V shape. Make sure the dumbells are over your nipples or slightly below for the whole movement of the press. If they come over your upper chest or delts you can lift more weight but you take the pressure off your chest and put it on your front delts.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks Haz and the v thing with the db i do that i got it from you the last time you spoke about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Congrats on the new weights, Clarky! That's a lot of work, too.
    Thanks mate i was flying just one of those days AG i was just destroying it great srssion mate.
    almostgone likes this.

Hope this helps!
    That's great advice regarding the scapula Haz and I would also like to add.

CLARKY

Don't have the incline to high and also change the angle every workout until you feel the right angel which suits you bests.

I prefer db's doing incline and once you get the bells above your head bring your shoulder joints kinda back into the bench and into your scapula, so in other words try and lock your shoulder IN instead of having them out so try and make yourself more narrow by pulling your shoulder in and back, hope that makes sense. Its very important.

Keep both feet flat on the floor but just a slight few inches back from your knee, now pinch your shoulders together so you squeeze them into the bench and scapula and push down and forward with your feet, you your trying to push yourself slightly up the bench but you cant because your shoulders are locked into it but the pressure from the tensed thighs and feet placing is producing a hard solid core and very ridged.

Brace lowering your diaphragm, breath through your belly and push your oblique's out and start pressing. Were you start with the bells either above your head, chin, nipples is up to you how your body feel, but you will get the groove right once you do is correctly. The best correct way for performance would be to have all the power and weight under your body, so in other words, bells above directly below inline with your elbows and shoulders so when your press and unlock the lower is straight through and that will result in more power which will end up with more tissue stimulated.

Press down while your doing all the above and on the way up slightly bring the bells inwards so it puts more tension on the upper chest and away from the triceps, I see loads just pressing straight you but their chests are sh1t, bring them slight in and don't lock your elbows, just keep a nice slow pace thinking about how you got your body in position and keeping in this ridged state.

I know it may be a few things to think about before actually doing the movement but honestly it takes me less than 1-2 seconds to set up and I go all out and I can see my chest red full of blood all over the top of my chest.

Not sure if I explaianed that right but any areas I didn't let me know and I will go over it again, again that's just my view but you watch the pro's do it
    NACH3, clarky. and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

CLARKY

Don't have the incline to high and also change the angle every workout until you feel the right angel which suits you bests.

I prefer db's doing incline and once you get the bells above your head bring your shoulder joints kinda back into the bench and into your scapula, so in other words try and lock your shoulder IN instead of having them out so try and make yourself more narrow by pulling your shoulder in and back, hope that makes sense. Its very important.

Keep both feet flat on the floor but just a slight few inches back from your knee, now pinch your shoulders together so you squeeze them into the bench and scapula and push down and forward with your feet, you your trying to push yourself slightly up the bench but you cant because your shoulders are locked into it but the pressure from the tensed thighs and feet placing is producing a hard solid core and very ridged.

Brace lowering your diaphragm, breath through your belly and push your oblique's out and start pressing. Were you start with the bells either above your head, chin, nipples is up to you how your body feel, but you will get the groove right once you do is correctly. The best correct way for performance would be to have all the power and weight under your body, so in other words, bells above directly below inline with your elbows and shoulders so when your press and unlock the lower is straight through and that will result in more power which will end up with more tissue stimulated.

Press down while your doing all the above and on the way up slightly bring the bells inwards so it puts more tension on the upper chest and away from the triceps, I see loads just pressing straight you but their chests are sh1t, bring them slight in and don't lock your elbows, just keep a nice slow pace thinking about how you got your body in position and keeping in this ridged state.

I know it may be a few things to think about before actually doing the movement but honestly it takes me less than 1-2 seconds to set up and I go all out and I can see my chest red full of blood all over the top of my chest.

Not sure if I explaianed that right but any areas I didn't let me know and I will go over it again, again that's just my view but you watch the pro's do it
    Great explanation! I may have to check my foot placement in correlation of what you said - it would/will produce more power than being planted out b/c your not locked in which in turn produces more power correct???

I also have been wanting to ask - if I want to build my upper chest up - should I use a slight incline in place of flat - and then do regular incline(or super incline) w/all my lifts as if they were my flat exercises or should I include decline, or rotate back and forth staying w/flat as well?? I've never given this a go - and I feel I need more depth up top...
    Last edited by NACH3; 08-08-2015 at 08:51 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Very nice session Clarky!!!

My legs are fried - I'm going to walk it off(3k - maybe jog a little too)
    Definitely know what's it like to tax my CNS - felt horrible a few times Ralph was calling - then after - lol resting today b4 I start my split back up
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Great explanation! I may have to check my foot placement in correlation of what you said - it would/will produce more power than being planted out b/c your not locked in which in turn produces more power correct???

I also have been wanting to ask - if I want to build my upper chest up - should I use a slight incline in place of flat - and then do regular incline(or super incline) w/all my lifts as if they were my flat exercises or should I include decline, or rotate back and forth staying w/flat as well?? I've never given this a go - and I feel I need more depth up top...
    If you want to increase your upper chest use an incline bench, not to high and not to low, this will depend on you and how well your shoulders are.

Locking in correctly will produce a hard core, a ridged trunk, your like squeezing two ends of your body together slightly your shoulder are down and in your scap and pushed right into the bench and your feet are flat and pushing down tensing through the thighs and slightly pushing your body upwards, two ends ate squeezing together, this along side bracing your core and breathing right will produce a super strong core which will produce serious power. Get the db placing right so the power is under your joints and don't lock the elbows at the top and slightly bring the bells together so your triceps are taken out and you should have the best chance possible at targeting your upper chest.

Any lift no matter what it is you should be concentring on making your core/trunk ridged and hard, this will produce power. I can not lock in properly on any lifts shoulder press/chest rows and my power is down and I can feel slight niggles or in Clarky case wee niggles and your not giving it the best shot and remember we train hit. There is no 2nd chance its one or even two working sets that's it and your suppose to be going to failure, how can anyone truly go to all out failure with a sift trunk. All you need to think about when locking in and breathing like ive mentioned on other posts is while your doing any major lift can you withstand a punch from me in the belly? will your core be tense to help block the punch??? if not your not in the right and most powerful position.
    NACH3, clarky. and almostgone like this.

For me..... Having the incline set to high puts too much pressure on my delts.

I remember Dorian saying that the chest is a flat muscle. You can't target one specific part. The key is to find what lifts activate the most fibers.

According to a study (can't find it now) the decline bench activate the most fibers followed by incline dumbell flys. If I'm also not mistaken.... Dorian was a big decline advocate. Unfortunately declines kill my shoulders.

- Knockout_Power

For me..... Having the incline set to high puts too much pressure on my delts.

I remember Dorian saying that the chest is a flat muscle. You can't target one specific part. The key is to find what lifts activate the most fibers.

According to a study (can't find it now) the decline bench activate the most fibers followed by incline dumbell flys. If I'm also not mistaken.... Dorian was a big decline advocate. Unfortunately declines kill my shoulders.
    Dorian was a huge believer in the decline and many times he said no matter what movement your doing with chest more or less all the chest is getting activated. But for me ive only done decline once in probably 20 yrs now and that's when I tore my RC so I never do decline or flat bb bench.

Shoulders gets targeted all the time and high incline is bad news IMHO a lower incline and playing around with it until you feel your groove is best. Ive never done flat db press or anything what is flat to target the upper chest it doesn't work for me. I like it to pop out when you have a shirt on and people seem to talk to your chest lol, that's funny
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300

Dorian was a huge believer in the decline and many times he said no matter what movement your doing with chest more or less all the chest is getting activated. But for me ive only done decline once in probably 20 yrs now and that's when I tore my RC so I never do decline or flat bb bench.

Shoulders gets targeted all the time and high incline is bad news IMHO a lower incline and playing around with it until you feel your groove is best. Ive never done flat db press or anything what is flat to target the upper chest it doesn't work for me. I like it to pop out when you have a shirt on and people seem to talk to your chest lol, that's funny
    Lmfao

I'm the same way..... Now once I get that upper chest to pop out ill be happy :-)
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

I've read and seen videos on DY's decline approach as well - and for me super inclined presses are a negative as it puts way to much pressure on my joints/shoulders... Yes I will work on setting an incline at maybe 25-30degrees etc and find my comfort zone!
    marcus300 likes this.

CLARKY

Thank you great help i will follow this to the T
    marcus300 likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Have to jump in here and too.much to quote or even high light.

So with what marcus said...bringing the dumbells in slightly instead of straight up. I'm picturing the inner part of db almost lined up with your pecs...few inches away from each db touching each other? Hope that makes sense....need a video to explain better...maybe get the wife to take one of me tomorrow.

Also let's say incline db flies. Used to see and actually still do....guys twisting the db at their highest point to palms facing each other. Is this helping target anything?
    marcus300 likes this.

Thread Information