Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: January 2018 Most Improved Competition[FINISHED: RESULTS IN POST #6]

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Nice! I want to pig hunt so bad. But I got to build my .308 or 6.5CM first :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Come on! Got plenty of rifles
    Did someone mention guns?
    RaginCajun likes this.

Chest day today
    3 supersets
    DB fly--assisted dips

6 sets DB incline press

6 sets DB pull over

cable fly 7''s 30 second rest

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Did someone mention guns?
    Uh oh. You woke up diesel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Uh oh. You woke up diesel!

I'm trying to distract them!
    charger69 likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My workout routine is as follows:
    All are 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
    Mon: arms
    Barbell curl superset skull crushers
    Db curl, cable 21's, tricep rope pushdown, overhead cable rope tricep extension, lying db tri extension. Giant set
    Db hammer curls ss seated tricep db extension

Afternoon HIIT 20 minutes,
    Leg press calf ss seated calf
    Standing calf
    Seated calf machine
    Abs

Tuesday
    Close grip pulldown, machine row, t bar row triset
    B/o pulley lat puldown with rope, lat pulldown machine, seated row triset
    B/O row/ deadlift combo 10 reps
    Afternoon HIIT 20 minutes,
    db bench forarm curls
    Db forearm rotation
    Behind the back barbel curl
    Cable forearm curl
    Abs

Wednesday
    High foot leg press (hamstring) ss standing leg press
    Plated leg curl ss lying leg curl (feet together)
    Db deadlift, 1 leg seated curl, abductor triset
    Afternoon
    20 min HIIT
    Leg press calf ss seated calf (25-30 reps)
    Standing calf (25-30 reps)
    Seated calf machine (25-30 reps)
    Abs

Thursday
    Incline db press ss close incline db press
    Seated machine press ss pec dec
    Machine wide press, machine incline press, machine decline press triset
    Cable chest cross
    Afternoon
    HIIT 20 min
    Machine rear leg extension (glutes)
    Cable rear leg extension (glutes)
    Barbel glute

Friday
    Incline shoulder press, db front extensions (to opposite shoulder), low pulley front extension
    Db seated press (1 arm 5 reps, other 5 reps, both 10 reps), db side extensions, pulley side extensions
    Pec dec rev extesnion (rear delt), low pulley extension (reat delt), db shrugss (heavy 10 reps ss light 15 reps)
    Afternoon
    HIIT as required

Saturday or Sunday depending on schedule
    Squats
    Hack squat ss leg press
    Leg extension (10 wide and 10 close), db goblet squat (bottom 1/4 only) 15 reps, walking lunges 15 reps
    Adductor
    Leg press calf ss seated calf 12 reps
    Standing calf raises 12 reps
    Seated calf machine 12 reps
    Thats a lot of work! You'd laugh if you saw my routine. How long does a workout last?

Grilled chops and sweet taters for super. I'm getting better!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1747.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	901.6 KB 
ID:	171501
    BG likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    What are your macros? I am very sensitive to carbs so I use them to,gain weight or to lose fat. I am understanding the that you do not monitor the carbs?
    It took me a couple of bulk cycles to dial in my carb intake to increase weight and be at about 12% bf.

I dont count shit, I know my body so well and been dieting so long it just is what it is now.
    GearHeaded and NACH3 like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the information on carbs. I only seem to be carb sensitive when I have not eaten and drink a lot of beer than a pizza and no exercise. I am glad I am not in that category of being sensitive. I love rice and quinoa way to much. I am having a hard time getting away from brown rice to more white rice for extra glycogen. When I do my meal preps I use chicken, rice and quinoa at a restricted intake and drop pounds.

I have done a zero carb diet before and could only make it 10 days before I was craving crabs and bread. I am not a big bread person so that really surprised me.

Today has been a rest day. Guess my body did need time to sleep. Seems like I have only gotten up to eat every couple of hours and then right back to sleep. Looking for a good workout day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    Thats a lot of work! You'd laugh if you saw my routine. How long does a workout last?
    About 1 hour assuming that I do not need to wait or do singles instead of supersets due to availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I dont count shit, I know my body so well and been dieting so long it just is what it is now.
    I’m trying to get to that point but not there yet. I learned a lot trying to bulk and not exceed 12% bf. I call it the scotch guard special. LOL.

BG likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I’m trying to get to that point but not there yet. I learned a lot trying to bulk and not exceed 12% bf. I call it the scotch guard special. LOL.

BG probably is on the 'dog food' diet, meaning he eats similar to a dog, i.e., almost the same way every day.. that requires discipline and commitment. and over time you learn exactly what 40g of protein looks like and 50g of carbs look like.

if you eat all over the map or world (American food for breakfast, Italian food for lunch, asian food for dinner,, then fast food snacks), and have no consistency then you better track that shit.

eating the same food on the daily is the best way to learn to track and stay consistent imo.
    ghettoboyd, BG and Roger_Murtaugh like this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    BG probably is on the 'dog food' diet, meaning he eats similar to a dog, i.e., almost the same way every day.. that requires discipline and commitment. and over time you learn exactly what 40g of protein looks like and 50g of carbs look like.

if you eat all over the map or world (American food for breakfast, Italian food for lunch, asian food for dinner,, then fast food snacks), and have no consistency then you better track that shit.

eating the same food on the daily is the best way to learn to track and stay consistent imo.
    I don’t eat the same thing every day but I do during the week. I eat the same meals each week and at this point i really don’t have to measure or count anymore. Plus i use the scale in the mornings
    NACH3 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

I eat the same thing every day, but to make the diet, I do count. I am presently trying to gain mass so I am a high carb. Soon I will be cutting so I will be changing my macro makeup. To do that, I do count.
    I obviously make minor adjustments based on my results. If it is minor adjustments I can adjust cardio. Bigger adjustments require carb reduction or increase.

Ok judges and competitors.... I'm opening myself up... What improvements should I focus on over the next year? In other words, if I were competing against BG, what one area should I focus on. I have never posted photos before so I should make the most of it. LOL
    BG- not even in your league so You don't need to worry. I am too old to compare myself to someone else. It me against me. Trying to get better every year.

NACH3, BG and Quester like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I eat the same thing every day, but to make the diet, I do count. I am presently trying to gain mass so I am a high carb. Soon I will be cutting so I will be changing my macro makeup. To do that, I do count.
    I obviously make minor adjustments based on my results. If it is minor adjustments I can adjust cardio. Bigger adjustments require carb reduction or increase.

are you bulking than recomping or carb cycling charger?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Ok judges and competitors.... I'm opening myself up... What improvements should I focus on over the next year? In other words, if I were competing against BG, what one area should I focus on. I have never posted photos before so I should make the most of it. LOL
    BG- not even in your league so You don't need to worry. I am too old to compare myself to someone else. It me against me. Trying to get better every year.

core, arm shape(which is genetic), square off your chest more(WG bench w/swiss bar if possible) vertical chest press, lots of incline work - flat bench in overrated cable flys higher end reps

pm me for movements if you want especially arms and delts

you were heavier and is that why youve spoke about the loose skin b4 - you look damn good for saying where you started 30+% well done
    charger69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    are you bulking than recomping or carb cycling charger?
    I am trying to gain mass and lose fat (recomp). Since I will be competing after, I will go with an outright cutting cycle halfway through. I will continue with the cutting to the competiton.
    NACH3 likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    In 5'days you will not obtain these results. He had them before.
    Hey, stop destroying my nice illusions I'm building up here
    charger69 likes this.

Blog Entries
    It's hard for me to exactly describe the training program I am doing except for the fact that it is CrossFit . Hopefully, over the next few days, when I am posting my workouts it will become more clear. Obviously, my goal is by no means to increase muscle mass very much as I do not need to get stronger but get better Olympic Weightlifting technique. Strenght is enough as it is.

Here is the training from today:
    Snatch
    On the 2:30 x 5:
    5 Touch and Go Squat Snatches - 43kg

Bar Muscle-up Practice
    5x3 reps

Back Squat
    5 Reps @ 135kg
    2 Reps @ 140kg
    5 Reps @ 135kg
    2 Reps @ 145kg
    5 Reps @ 135kg
    2 Reps @ 150kg

Conditioning
    7 Rounds:
    10 Hang Squat Snatches - 43kg
    30 Double Unders

Conditioning
    AMRAP 5:00
    Barbell Facing Burpees
    On the Minute: 3 Power Cleans - 75kg

My nutrition is a Ketogenic Diet combined with Intermittent fasting (I noticed the science people are calling this Time Restricted Eating). The purpose is to see if I can increase my conditioning and stamina with this diet. I would have done the same regardless of this competition the difference now is that I am eating at a deficit. A very small one but I am landing somewhere around 2.2K - 2.5K calories/day depending on how I am feeling. Currently, I am feeling ridiculously good. Not sure a cut has ever felt this easy before, to be honest.

My food is delivered 2-times/day by a company called GrowFit who freshly makes the food and then immediately delivers it. Here are a few pictures from today's lunch.

marcus300 and RaginCajun like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Thank you. I do love the shit talking so they can start their own thread. I get a kick out of it so don't go to PM, start a new thread called Obs vs Nach3 talking shit. That could be a very viewed thread. Love it when the Tren kicks in and the words flow on the forum.
    sounds a good idea no probs lol
    NACH3 likes this.

Y'all ladies better tighten up, bout got diet dialed in and picking up the intensity with hit. Still struggling to get the cardio where I want it, averaging 15 mins after workouts, I'm sure the tren has something to do with that.

I am curious for those of you that are on Keto what percentages do you run for protein/fat/carbs calories.
    I have done a lot of reading and it seems everyone is different. Is it like everything else you have to just kind of experiment and tune it to your own body on what works? The couple of times I have run it in the past the trainer I had at the time pretty much set up my diet and tweaked as we needed to.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Carb sensitive generally means that you don't process and utilize carbs as well as you could or as well as other people . You'll utilize some for energy and glycogen but then a lot also goes to fat storage. If I have clients that are Carb sensitive I usually always set up their diet so that the majority of their carbs for the day come intra and post workout when they are the most carb sensitive and are likely going to use those carbs to replenish glycogen stores.

If carb sensitivity is still going on after this protocol, then I'll have them do Keto for 4-5 weeks, and this will often times reset their insulin and carb sensitivity and then they'll go back to carbs in moderate consumption around the workout and utilize them very well
    This is basically what I am trying to do, carb cycle and only have carbs pre or post WO, and only minimal carbs (in the form of starches/sugars) throughout the day. I have been eating more keto-style but the damn weekend just killed all the work i put in last week, haha.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    tarmyg I know you are not doing CrossFit, maybe cross training! Huge difference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    It's hard for me to exactly describe the training program I am doing except for the fact that it is CrossFit . Hopefully, over the next few days, when I am posting my workouts it will become more clear. Obviously, my goal is by no means to increase muscle mass very much as I do not need to get stronger but get better Olympic Weightlifting technique. Strenght is enough as it is.

Here is the training from today:
    Snatch
    On the 2:30 x 5:
    5 Touch and Go Squat Snatches - 43kg

Bar Muscle-up Practice
    5x3 reps

Back Squat
    5 Reps @ 135kg
    2 Reps @ 140kg
    5 Reps @ 135kg
    2 Reps @ 145kg
    5 Reps @ 135kg
    2 Reps @ 150kg

Conditioning
    7 Rounds:
    10 Hang Squat Snatches - 43kg
    30 Double Unders

Conditioning
    AMRAP 5:00
    Barbell Facing Burpees
    On the Minute: 3 Power Cleans - 75kg

My nutrition is a Ketogenic Diet combined with Intermittent fasting (I noticed the science people are calling this Time Restricted Eating). The purpose is to see if I can increase my conditioning and stamina with this diet. I would have done the same regardless of this competition the difference now is that I am eating at a deficit. A very small one but I am landing somewhere around 2.2K - 2.5K calories/day depending on how I am feeling. Currently, I am feeling ridiculously good. Not sure a cut has ever felt this easy before, to be honest.

My food is delivered 2-times/day by a company called GrowFit who freshly makes the food and then immediately delivers it. Here are a few pictures from today's lunch.

Dang, you have a nice setup going there.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I am curious for those of you that are on Keto what percentages do you run for protein/fat/carbs calories.
    I have done a lot of reading and it seems everyone is different. Is it like everything else you have to just kind of experiment and tune it to your own body on what works? The couple of times I have run it in the past the trainer I had at the time pretty much set up my diet and tweaked as we needed to.
    My breakdown is <5% carbs, 35%protien and 60% fats. I’m getting roughly 1850-2000 kcals per day. I’m pretty happy right here. I’m losing about 1/10th to 2/10th of a pound daily or .7lbs to 1.2lbs per week. At least that’s what my average weight loss has been over the last 7 weeks now.
    diesel101 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    life threw me a big fvck you again fellas.

Im subscribed to this, love watching you bastards kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    life threw me a big fvck you again fellas.

Im subscribed to this, love watching you bastards kick ass.
    Shit happens join the next one!
    MuscleScience likes this.

We are only a week in. If no one else has an issue, I would like to see him enter.
    Heck I just started my cycle today.

MuscleScience likes this.

We are only a week in. If no one else has an issue, I would like to see him enter.
    Heck I just started my cycle today.

I have no problem with it.

Blog Entries
    I’m open to it too

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

join in, i fvcked up my week one with my diet!

haha!

Blog Entries
    I just want to see moosie Nakie and oiled up posing
    charger69 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I’m good if he wants to jump in.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I’m good if he wants to jump in.
    same here im good with it

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    join in, i fvcked up my week one with my diet!

haha!
    Go take the starting pics then, nobody seems to have anything against you having one week less of prepping

I'm good with it

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Trying to get better every year.
    Change year to week and then you will have it after some time. Now your going get your bf down to where you are happy in this comp, but after this comp never let it go. Pay attention to everything you eat, if I eat bad I make myself pay for it with cardio, if its an off day Ill cut all carbs the next day and crank up my fats. The thing is to never let it go far, once it gets rolling its hard to stop........never let it get there. Then it just becomes normal.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

I think I have my workout plan worked out, it’s something I worked on years ago with Twist. It is Full body workouts with a lot of volume.

I crushed it this evening, really crushed it!

Workout:
    10 sets 16 reps Calf raises
    10 sets 10 reps 45lb kettle swings
    10 sets 10 reps chest fly machine
    8 sets 8 reps Smith machine squats
    5 sets 10 pulldowns
    5 sets 10 tricep push downs

I’m spent, really spent!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    tarmyg I know you are not doing CrossFit, maybe cross training! Huge difference.
    Not sure I understand what you mean? I switched to CrossFit about 1 1/2 years ago.

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread Information