Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree5419Likes

Thread: Official January 2019 Competition

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    I would love to hear your guys feedback on my physique in terms of strengths, weaknesses, or any other observations.
    Seriously, my advise to you is eat more, train harder and repeat.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I ran Lantus, I would recommend short acting because it’s in then out. With the long you need to keep track of carbs/fat much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Anyone experimented with long acting slin yet?

Lantus, glargine, insulin propionate?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Seriously, my advise to you is eat more, train harder and repeat.
    I agree. Diet is probably the most important element. When I mention diet, it does not mean to lose weight or not to eat, it refers to the macros you feel are necessary to meet your goals. Guys bulking still diet.
    I would probably focus on compound movements mainly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capebuffalo and Family_guy like this.

Family guy this is what I looked like before I knew what tdee was. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56DCDCCF-3B2B-4560-A28D-2C2B5410CC72.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	432.9 KB 
ID:	175453Before macros. Before force feeding myself. Food not shakes. Shakes will only take you so far. Eat the meal then drink the shake for the extra Cals. I still don’t eat as much as I should to get where I’d like to be. This is what I looked like when it all came together. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3B6B377-8BAD-43EE-92AE-2B0704B35421.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	501.0 KB 
ID:	175454 I don’t even look like the same guy. And it took 5-6 years of trial and error to get there. But I couldn’t maintain it due to family and work over the years. Food is a constant struggle for me. My job is physically demanding meaning I have to eat even more. I’m constantly in motion so I can’t just stop every 2.5 hrs and eat. Now I do eat every hour for 4 hours when I pin slin. There’s no choice there.

If you train true HIT and eat more and more you will grow. But it’s a commitment and isn’t for everyone. That’s why I rollercoaster up and down so much. Work has to come first and it gets in the way of training and eating. But I can’t do either if I don’t work.

Drugs aren’t an answer until you exhaust the training and eating. Then they help break through. Food is the most anabolic substance (after slin) you can put into your body.
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 01-07-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Family guy this is what I looked like before I knew what tdee was. Click image for larger version. 

ID:	175453Before macros. Before force feeding myself. Food not shakes. Shakes will only take you so far. Eat the meal then drink the shake for the extra Cals. I still don’t eat as much as I should to get where I’d like to be. Food is a constant struggle for me. My job is physically demanding meaning I have to eat even more. I’m constantly in motion so I can’t just stop every 2.5 hrs and eat. Now I do eat every hour for 4 hours when I pin slin. There’s no choice there.

If you train true HIT and eat more and more you will grow. But it’s a commitment and isn’t for everyone. That’s why I rollercoaster up and down so much. Work has to come first and it gets in the way of training and eating. But I can’t do either if I don’t work.

Drugs aren’t an answer until you exhaust the training and eating. Then they help break through. Food is the most anabolic substance (after slin) you can put into your body.
    Family guy- that is probably the best advice you could get. Nice write up Cape!

We can help with the fine details if you need more assistance.

Capebuffalo and Family_guy like this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Anyone experimented with long acting slin yet?

Lantus, glargine, insulin propionate?
    I used Lantus actually. My mother in law is diabetic and that’s what she takes. This was about 3 years ago now and I was working construction. I weighed 138 when I started taking it. A month later I was 157. I would say I did gain some fat but I mostly just got bigger overall.

I think I was using 10-15 ius a day after dinner. I had no clue what I was doing. Al I knew was that insulin could make you bigger and that’s what I wanted.

I’m still trying to convince my wife to get me another Lantus pen when she goes to visit her mom in a month.

I used Lantus actually. My mother in law is diabetic and that’s what she takes. This was about 3 years ago now and I was working construction. I weighed 138 when I started taking it. A month later I was 157. I would say I did gain some fat but I mostly just got bigger overall.

I think I was using 10-15 ius a day after dinner. I had no clue what I was doing. Al I knew was that insulin could make you bigger and that’s what I wanted.

I’m still trying to convince my wife to get me another Lantus pen when she goes to visit her mom in a month.
    Investigate first!! You may have gotten lucky.
    You can get Novalin R at Walmart without a prescription.

Capebuffalo and Quester like this.

ID:	175453Before macros. Before force feeding myself. Food not shakes. Shakes will only take you so far. Eat the meal then drink the shake for the extra Cals. I still don’t eat as much as I should to get where I’d like to be. This is what I looked like when it all came together. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3B6B377-8BAD-43EE-92AE-2B0704B35421.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	501.0 KB 
ID:	175454 I don’t even look like the same guy. And it took 5-6 years of trial and error to get there. But I couldn’t maintain it due to family and work over the years. Food is a constant struggle for me. My job is physically demanding meaning I have to eat even more. I’m constantly in motion so I can’t just stop every 2.5 hrs and eat. Now I do eat every hour for 4 hours when I pin slin. There’s no choice there.

I agree with you completely and I appreciate the feedback for sure. My TDEE is 2555 cal. I shoot for 3200 a day. I use my fitness pal to track it. I only take one shake a day post workout.

When I first got back to working out in September I was doing bro splits 5days on 1 off. The more I learned especially from guys on this forum I realized I should be doing Push Pull Legs with way more focus on compound exercises. So I’ve been doing that for about 2 months and I’ve seen a difference for the better.

I do think we are pretty much on the same page here. The only thing I know I need to do better is eat more consistently. Some days I eat 3500cals and some days I only eat 2700 cal.

Thanks for the input guys i Appreciate it for sure!

P.S. that’s an amazing transformation Cape!
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Investigate first!! You may have gotten lucky.
    You can get Novalin R at Walmart without a prescription.

Ya like I said I did research it and I knew the risks and symptoms of going hypo. I never had an issue with that though. I just wasn’t lifting or eating with a goal in mind. That’s what I meant by saying I didn’t know what I was doing.

Family guy- that is probably the best advice you could get. Nice write up Cape!

We can help with the fine details if you need more assistance.

Thanks again!

Ya like I said I did research it and I knew the risks and symptoms of going hypo. I never had an issue with that though. I just wasn’t lifting or eating with a goal in mind. That’s what I meant by saying I didn’t know what I was doing.
    Did you have a glucose monitoring device? Did you know which carbs were fast acting and which were slower? Did you know how many carbs were needed?

IMO if you did not say yes to the above, you were not ready. I am pretty structured and maybe not everyone did that, but I will tell anyone that they are not ready if they don’t have everything lined up, even an emergency backup. I have glucose pills that I carry around because shit happens.

Quester likes this.

I agree with you completely and I appreciate the feedback for sure. My TDEE is 2555 cal. I shoot for 3200 a day. I use my fitness pal to track it. I only take one shake a day post workout.

When I first got back to working out in September I was doing bro splits 5days on 1 off. The more I learned especially from guys on this forum I realized I should be doing Push Pull Legs with way more focus on compound exercises. So I’ve been doing that for about 2 months and I’ve seen a difference for the better.

I do think we are pretty much on the same page here. The only thing I know I need to do better is eat more consistently. Some days I eat 3500cals and some days I only eat 2700 cal.

Thanks for the input guys i Appreciate it for sure!

P.S. that’s an amazing transformation Cape!
    It looks like you have everything, it’s just a matter of execution! Good luck!

Family guy how long have you been eating 2700-3500 Cals a day? How much weight have you put on since then?

FYI I’m not a fan of push pull unless it’s right before a show during prep.

Did you have a glucose monitoring device? Did you know which carbs were fast acting and which were slower? Did you know how many carbs were needed?

IMO if you did not say yes to the above, you were not ready. I am pretty structured and maybe not everyone did that, but I will tell anyone that they are not ready if they don’t have everything lined up, even an emergency backup. I have glucose pills that I carry around because shit happens.

Ya like I said my mother in law is diabetic and I was pretty scared about going into a diabetic coma and all that so I was checking it a couple times a day. I don’t remember the exact numbers but I know my blood sugar was a little low in the mornings. I think due to how long acting the Lantus is I didn’t have any issues cuz I was eating everything in sight at that time
    charger69 likes this.

Family guy how long have you been eating 2700-3500 Cals a day? How much weight have you put on since then?

I started tracking macros sometime in October 2018. So around the middle of October I would say I was eating more than 1g/lb of protein and eating 2700-3500 cals around then.

The reason PPL makes sense to me is that I’m hitting each body part twice a week. Why don’t you like PUsh pull?

The reason PPL makes sense to me is that I’m hitting each body part twice a week. Why don’t you like PUsh pull?
    I’m old. I like Monday chest 3-4 movements Tuesday back 3-5 movements Wednesday shoulders 3-5 movements and arm fridays.

If you train hard enough you can’t train the same body part 2x a week. But you have to train to failure and beyond ( forced reps/ negatives/ drop sets) if on your last set you can do more than 2-3 reps you aren’t fatiguing the muscle enough to make it fail. You want to rip every fiber. Then feed it let it rest and grow.

Everybody is different but that’s what works for me.

So you haven’t gained any weight since you started in October?
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 01-07-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Family_guy likes this.

I started tracking macros sometime in October 2018. So around the middle of October I would say I was eating more than 1g/lb of protein and eating 2700-3500 cals around then.
    Add 2g/lb of carbs and see what happens.

I’m old. I like Monday chest 3-4 movements Tuesday back 3-5 movements Wednesday shoulders 3-5 movements and arm fridays.

If you train hard enough you can’t train the same body part 2x a week. But you have to train to failure and beyond ( forced reps/ negatives/ drop sets) if on your last set you can do more than 2-3 reps you aren’t fatiguing the muscle enough to make it fail. You want to rip every fiber. Then feed it let it rest and grow.

Everybody is different but that’s what works for me.

So you haven’t gained any weight since you started in October?
    Oh no sorry! I have gained about 10lbs since October. Maybe a little less. Like 8lbs maybe? I’m not sure exactly though
    Capebuffalo and Obs like this.

Obs posted this a while back. It’s a good watch.
    Obs and Family_guy like this.

Obs posted this a while back. It’s a good watch.
    Yup! Seen it! I like Seth Feroce a lot!
    Obs likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F00135EC-10C5-4BF3-AEF5-77FDA11A022D.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	678.7 KB 
ID:	175455

Hungry??? I got 2 5lb bags of oats for $8 at my work! Jackpot! I eat a lot of oatmeal... lol
    Old Duffer likes this.

I’m old.

?
    You said it old man. Us young folk are not limited.

Old Duffer and Family_guy like this.

Name:	F00135EC-10C5-4BF3-AEF5-77FDA11A022D.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	678.7 KB 
ID:	175455

Hungry??? I got 2 5lb bags of oats for $8 at my work! Jackpot! I eat a lot of oatmeal... lol
    I buy rice in 50 lb bags. So there!

Family_guy likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    One week in:
    Jan 1: 208.8
    Jan 8: 197.5

Starting out exactly like last year.
    Family_guy likes this.

Stalker3060 is offline Junior Member
    Yup! Seen it! I like Seth Feroce a lot!
    Didn't really say much...

Charger is coming !!!

Family_guy, Obs, Quester and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker3060 View Post
    Didn't really say much...
    He told me I can get chubby

Charger is coming !!!

Who’s the chick with the nice tits?
    charger69, Family_guy and BG like this.

You thick bastard Charger. Damn.
    Old Duffer likes this.

You thick bastard Charger. Damn.
    Trying to keep up with you and Obs!

Chrisp83TRT and BG like this.

CApe- watching the game?

Capebuffalo likes this.

Who’s the chick with the nice tits?
    Ob’s New GF!

Old Duffer likes this.

Stalker3060 is offline Junior Member
    Ob’s New GF!

That poor girl
    charger69, Capebuffalo and Quester like this.

CApe- watching the game?

I am. It’s crazy. Holy cow. That missed extra point could be the difference.
    charger69 likes this.

Trying to keep up with you and Obs!

Obs maybe. You are well past me. You’re going to kick those kids asses this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker3060 View Post
    That poor girl

Having saggy tits or being Obs gf.
    charger69, Obs and Family_guy like this.

Name:	57E83D22-F271-451C-82BF-A3AF341135BE.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	175456Ya beast ya. What are you pointing at?
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 01-07-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Name:	57E83D22-F271-451C-82BF-A3AF341135BE.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	175456Ya beast ya. What are you pointing at?
    Holy shit I gotta start reading threads in proper order
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Charger is coming !!!

How much are you weighing? You look very full

Thread Information