Page 105 of 138 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,200 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    ronnie, do you have any experience with ipamorelin? i am wondering if it will help out with my rotator cuff issue. both my rotator cuffs are shot from falling with my arms out. do not think there is a tear or anything, just think that my ligaments/tendons are stretched/elongated. i just started out on the rubber bands for strenghthening, but what do you know from your experience about peptides and this type of healing. thanks

jsn23 is offline Junior Member
    heck yeah dude!

jsn23 is offline Junior Member
    dude i want to be like you!

Kenlie is offline Junior Member
    Ronnie, what are the best injection times?

Is it better to inject in the morning? Before or after workouts?

Also, if I have my shoulder day, is it good idea to inject to my shoulder before the workout, or should I not inject to shoulder anywhere near the time of workout?

I've been injecting to thighs and shoulders, but I think I will try to inject glutes, because it stings like crazy when injecting thighs...

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenlie View Post
    Ronnie, what are the best injection times? Any time as long as it's consistent.

Is it better to inject in the morning? Before or after workouts?

Also, if I have my shoulder day, is it good idea to inject to my shoulder before the workout, or should I not inject to shoulder anywhere near the time of workout? Don't inject sites that your going to work on in the next 2 days or so. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal as long as the shot volume is reasonable, but if you nick a vein, artery or nerve it will hurt for a few days and could impede your workout.

I've been injecting to thighs and shoulders, but I think I will try to inject glutes, because it stings like crazy when injecting thighs...
    Lot or nerves in quads. Try going one hand length down from your hip on the outside of the thigh. Also, let the alcohol dry a little more and it won't sting so much going in.

Good luck. Sorry about answering those for Ron, but I know this is what he would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    Lot or nerves in quads. Try going one hand length down from your hip on the outside of the thigh. Also, let the alcohol dry a little more and it won't sting so much going in.

Good luck. Sorry about answering those for Ron, but I know this is what he would have said.
    It's ok, I appreciate the advice... But what do you mean by letting the alcohol dry more? Should I just wait after breaking the ampule?
    I usually do my injections before going to work, so I don't really have a lot of extra time in the morning.

fineBody is offline Junior Member
    Ronnie, please try to reply to my question or tell me if you do it someday soon?

Thanks a lot!

Blog Entries
    It's ok, I appreciate the advice... But what do you mean by letting the alcohol dry more? Should I just wait after breaking the ampule?
    I usually do my injections before going to work, so I don't really have a lot of extra time in the morning.
    LOL!! No, I mean let the alcohol that you wipe your injection site off with dry in the air for a minute rather than just wiping it off then sticking it in straight away. That way your not pushing rubbing alcohol directly into the skin, hence the sting. Your AAS is oil based so don't worry about that.

LOL!! No, I mean let the alcohol that you wipe your injection site off with dry in the air for a minute rather than just wiping it off then sticking it in straight away. That way your not pushing rubbing alcohol directly into the skin, hence the sting. Your AAS is oil based so don't worry about that.
    Maybe we are talking about different thing?

The injection itself doesn't hurt at all. I use 1" needle and I don't feel a thing 10 minutes after injection, but it's the pain that comes 1-2 days later which is massive, when injecting thighs.

69thelememt is offline New Member
    Hey man, great initial post! I like the sound of longer cycles or at least trying one to see if i can solidify and keep gains a lot better than the yo yo effect of smash and grab cycles.

I was supposed to be doing the following cycle, which i'm now coming to the end of the first week of:

Week 1-12 test p.9mg ED
    Week 1-12 tren A .6ED
    Weeks 1-12 anavar 100 - 150mg ED (50mg pill)
    Weeks 2-12 T3 50mgs ED
    Armidex .5mg EOD weeks 2 -12

only thing now is our lass has booked us a holiday on 25th Aug for a 1 week which will land around the end of week 8 of the cycle,
    This was due to be a bulk cycle but with the holiday coming i've downed the cals to 2500 protein at 325 and decided to cut (BF is around 20% at moment).

as i don't fancy taking 2 virals, 7 syringes and 14 needles with me, i was thinking i could just take aload of anavar, and use these 2 weeks for HRT/crusing and then carry on when i get back

my standard PCT is high clomid and nolva along with a smash HCG last 2-3 weeks of cycle

can anyone help me with adjusting the cycle, the HRT amounts required for the deload and also if i did the first 8 weeks as above, 2 lesser weeks, then 8 weeks again maybe with some masteron or higher dose, could i then go onto a final 8 weeks bulking cycle??

Anyone had any results with this method??

THANKS

I think that the problem with my thigh injection was, that I was injecting to the front section of the thigh. I just read that it is VERY UNWISE.... and I agree! It hurts like crazy, even if it does not hit the nerve. The muscle just gets so "jammed" 1-2 days later. I think I will try to outside of thigh next...

I think that the problem with my thigh injection was, that I was injecting to the front section of the thigh. I just read that it is VERY UNWISE.... and I agree! It hurts like crazy, even if it does not hit the nerve. The muscle just gets so "jammed" 1-2 days later. I think I will try to outside of thigh next...
    yes, the vastus lateralis (or however it is spelled) is on the side of the quad and that is where ya want to inject at. find your greater trocanter (where your femur connects to your hip) and place your palm with your hand facing the ground. where your index finger stops, draw a lil circle there and inject into the muscle. google search will help if you are unclear

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    yes, the vastus lateralis (or however it is spelled) is on the side of the quad and that is where ya want to inject at. find your greater trocanter (where your femur connects to your hip) and place your palm with your hand facing the ground. where your index finger stops, draw a lil circle there and inject into the muscle. google search will help if you are unclear
    Thanks for confirming that & advice. I actually watched youtube video of thigh injection earlier, and in that video he injected to front section, which is the reason why I injected to wrong place, in the first place... Glad this thing is cleared out. It was causing a lot problems.

slowpoison is offline Junior Member
    why dont you try the glutes. thats the best place by far. nerve fibres are very deep so you dont have to worry abt hitting one and you can also switch sides if you are doing 2ice week.
    Last edited by slowpoison; 07-13-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoison View Post
    why dont you try the glutes. thats the best place by far. nerve fibres are are very deep so you dont have to worry abt hitting one and you can also switch sides if you are doing 2ice week.
    i agree. one can also inject ventrogluteal, which is on the front side of the hip and really safe. i have yet to see someone reccommend this but it is safe, hardly any nerves

Blog Entries
    Here's a couple of pictures progress after my last 8 week blast. This is 255 lbs. 6'2". As always, thanks to Ron.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You'll want to read this!-img_0951.jpg   You'll want to read this!-img_0956.jpg  
    Last edited by The Titan99; 07-12-2012 at 11:05 PM.

^^^^^^^damn titan! looking large! great work!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    should we drink anything..morning of show????[B]Very few little sips here if any at all to prevent dehydration or if going flat. .[/B]
    above

Blog Entries
    can deca ..n...npp... be ran until day of show???? It could since test is going to be stopped before a show but I recommend taking out deca 4 weeks out and npp 2 weeks out to ensure no water is held.
    above

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=600@50;6061381]Hey Ronnie. My regular TRT dosage is 200 mg/week of test c. I will be using this as my cruise dose. What is your recommendation for the blast dosage? I was thinking 600-750 mg a week. 750 then 1 gram for second reload.[/QUOTE]above

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Yellow;6062234]Ron,

What's your thought on sodium intake bodybuilder should take per day? Anywhere from 3000-8000 mgs per day but keep on low side if you have blood pressure issues as water follows salt around where ever it may roam so to speak..
    I take in about 5000-6000mg sodium per day (I count it from egg whites, whole eggs, fish like sardines/mackerel/salmon/shrimps, protein powders, whole wheat bread, BBQ sauces, etc..)
    Does kidney & heart work harder when I am taking that much sodium? It does if your blood pressure increases! I am using testosterone also and water retention should be high, isn't it? You need to monitor salt and water intake for your body type to keep water retention at moderate levels. The more water you drink the more you will expel. Although having a higher degree of water retention is best for those with back trouble stemming from degenerative disk disease, etc, as it acts as a shock absorber. Another reason not to use strong anti-es like letro which eliminates water-hence having a drying out effect on spinal disk causing them to age at a faster pace. Since egg whites contains lots of sodium, can it be incorporated into pre-contest diet foods? Yes you need sodium during pre-contest diet to make the muscles to stay fuller, more vascular, get a pump, and contract to maintain as much strength as possible!
    I usually take 1 cup of egg whites + 1 whole egg + 1 scoop of protein powder three times daily (for each morning, mid-day & before-bed protein source).
    Besides that, I eat chicken/fish/beef for other meals.

I think egg whites is good protein source with good amino acids profile. Do you agree here, ron? [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]They are the best and have no cholesterol like meat! Steroid users need to take heed here and focus on eating cooked egg whites and drinking liquid egg whites with yogurt to help keep cholesterol levels under control. The days of consuming large quantities of red meat for protein is now obsolete and very unsafe IMO! Even many protein powders are choke-full of cholesetrol. [/B][/[/COLOR]QUOTE]above
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 07-13-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^^damn titan! looking large! great work!
    Thanks man!! I'm holding a lot of water now but we'll see what happens now that the test is rolled down. This year I'm all about the lean bulk. Starting cutting next cycle for 12 weeks. I think it'll be easier than last year when I was yo-yoing the BF a little too much.

noon is offline Senior Member
    Great article. thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel20 View Post
    Okay thanks ronnie.

I've started adding in cardio for 30mins post workout 3x week on treadmill on 7-8% incline at 4-5mph walk. Burns just under 400 cals. Should I be upping this to 45-60 mins? You can once your fat loss stops

Now with the 100g of carbs a day, am I right to assume to take my carbs only breakfast, pre and post workout? yes Rest of carb sources will be fibrous vegetables. yes Do I still keep protein high at around 250-280g with fat at about 50-60g? This would be low in calories thats all. yes

May throw in 50g of carbs on wednesday but might not be needed as its a rest day. you will need it eventually as you become more lean But saturday will be re-feed correct? yes Just up the carbs by 200-300g?yes

Thanks again.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Ron,

I only placed Top 20 in Mens Physique Open Competition in another town last week due to not being able to attend the final session in the afternoon. Unfortunately, I suddenly had a family problem to be solved & had to go back to my town as soon as possible. What a pity, ron.. I was very confident that I could place at least Top 3 in that show. I was at best condition and felt so superior compared to the other competitiors..

I do what you all recommend to me before. Many thanks & props to you, ron...

FYI, for all contests I have been through, the pre-judging time was all in the sunday morning at 8 AM.
    I do the carb-load phase and still take lots of water. I cut water only at saturday night.
    I don't cut any sodium, just reduce sodium by half the friday & saturday before show.. Cut sodium in half on saturday only not on friday. The morning of show I eat carb/fat/sodium meal with 8-10oz of water. Then only sip water as needed...You do not want to drink anything if possible the morning of the show but a sip here and there as needed is okay. Carb load would be done on wednesday then small carb load sat night and sunday morning along with a moderate fat load.Add salt back in early saturday morning around 5am.

This Sunday I am going to compete again in another town.
    But this time, the pre-judging is going to be at 11:45 AM
    How to arrange the strategy in order to achieve the best condition for pre-judging at noon I have never done before? Do just what I advised above
    above
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 07-14-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=massbuilders;6065337]ronnie, nice article bro. I just got done with my first gear consisted of Test e and var at 75 per day. I did 15 week cycle. I am supposed to start nova tomo. Can i just do nova at 40mg for two weeks? Whats the nolva for?[/QUOTE]above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by massbuilders View Post
    If i do 2 week pct at 40mg nova per day. Nolvadex alone does nothing to get testis going. Can i get back on test e at 500mg for eight weeks, var at 75 mg for 8 weeks and winstrol for eight weeks?. Might as well because nolvadex is not going to help testicular function.I am 218, 6 1, 14% BF. I want to be 205 with more ripped look. Is this right cycle for me? I would increase test to 750 mgs weekly and keep var at 75mgs daily. I would also add 300 mgs of masteron weekly. Diet is going to determine your appearance at this point. how would u recommend it? Should i start my two week pct and get on this cycle?.You need 3-4 weeks of using hcg to get testis to start producing again Please let me know.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by massbuilders View Post
    Also, should i keep taking .50mg of adex e3d?. I recommend masteron at 300 mgs weekly. If you dont have access to a mild anti-es like Masteron don't use anything if needed. If needed try using aromasin before arimidex. Only side effects that i got from my test e and var cycle was some face acne. So what cycle would you recommend, i really dont want harsh side effects. Thank you. test/mast/var
    above

Blog Entries
    I think you might have missed this one. Since then, I've dropped the T3 and reduced the Tbol to 50 mg. Also started vitamin B1, B6, B12 injections daily and started Prami at .5 mg ed at bed time. Just now starting to feel better. What do you think it was? T-3 makes some people feel like death. Also, many are very sensitive to orals steroids of all forms . Too bad since they help promote additional strength gains, especially when combined with injectables. I notice not many guy's doing Tbol over 50 mg ed. Makes me feel sorry for guy's who have problems with AAS. Now I know...This is why pharm grade test and gh is the best overall drug combo you can use!
    above

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=slowpoison;6066769]hey ron, im currently on test cypionate 250mg/wk; dbol 40mg ed; equipoise 200mg/wk. im on my 5th week.

Everytime i start off my sets after the second set i start experiencing extreme difficulty in breathing. i am abl to finish off my sets, but with the breathing problem I do not get the pumps. Even last time I was on juice, i had the same problem. any body knows the cure for this?since this is hampering my workouts no end!

The first time(2011) I was on cycle I did not have this problem. then I was using dbol 30mg, quinbolon; omnadren and turinabol (all oral )

P.S. this problem does not occur at other times when I am not working out. Do you feel shortness of breath while sitting down and bending over tying your shoes? I think it's the d-bol! If causes water retention and high blood pressure. Drop the d-bol and increase test to 500 mgs per week! Also reduce carbs and sodium while increasing fluid intake.

Eq is known to greatly increase hematocrit levels which can cause shortness of of breath if you become dehydrated.

I recommend checking your resting heart rate when you wake up in the morning while still laying in the bed 3 days after coming off the d-bol. If your heart rate near 100 then get off everything and get checked out by a cardiologist. [/
    QUOTE]above

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    hey Ron , long time AR lurker. finally signed up recently. With your sling shot training i have 3 questions

1.) Im on 160mg test a week for trt, should i just run this during the deload? or still make sure im running half the amount of test im running during the load?

2.) if i want to incorporate 80-100 of Anavar and run it for 6 weeks, at what point in the sling shot should i be running it?

3.) if my negative training lands in the deload phase ill be OK cause im still running off hormones maxed out cause of the half life?

thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this site for educating us.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Ronnie Rowland;6074965]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Ron,

I think egg whites is good protein source with good amino acids profile. Do you agree here, ron? [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]They are the best and have no cholesterol like meat! Steroid users need to take heed here and focus on eating cooked egg whites and drinking liquid egg whites with yogurt to help keep cholesterol levels under control. The days of consuming large quantities of red meat for protein is now obsolete and very unsafe IMO! Even many protein powders are choke-full of cholesetrol. [/B][/[/COLOR]QUOTE]above
    liquid egg whites, like simply egg whites. Can we really drink these raw like their website claims? i had bad food poisoning once that landed my in teh hospital. Im very cautious .. The food poisoning wasn't from liquid eggs , just curious teh state on drinking these raw.

thanks

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey Mock....there are are an infinite number of threads on eggs, egg whites, raw vs., cooked, etc. I've been reading up on them this past week for the very same question. I've seen various opinions on many levels. Some say cooking an egg degrades the protein and bioavilability' others have said there is greater bioavilability if you cook it. Some have said never eat a raw egg; others have said raw eggs are safe IF (1) the are organic, (2) pasturized, and/or (3) as long as the shell is cleaned since the salmonella and listeria variants are typically on the outer shell of the egg.

I have started adding egg whites to my protein shakes along with oats and extra virgin olive oil (and occassionally greek yogurt). The other thing I started doing with my raw whole eggs is bringing a pot of water to full boil. Shut the heat source off. Immediately add raw whole egss to water for TWO minutes. Remove eggs. Carefully peel back the top section of the shell. The egg inside is still largely uncooked except the egg whites will have started to cook - slightly. I usually add a pinch of salt on top, then I throw the egg back and suck out the contents. Admittedly it takes some getting used to but after awhile its a piece of cake.

Here's a few things to know about eggs:

The CDC and other public health organizations will advise you to thoroughly cook your eggs to lower the risk of salmonella, but eating eggs RAW is actually the best in terms of your health. While this may sound like a scary proposition for many, it's important to realize that salmonella risk comes from chickens raised in unsanitary conditions. These conditions are the norm for CAFO's (confined animal feeding operations), but are extremely rare for small organic/free range farms. In fact, one study by the British government found that 23 percent of farms with caged hens tested positive for salmonella, compared to just over 4 percent in organic flocks and 6.5 percent in free-range flocks.

So, as long as you're getting fresh pastured eggs, your risk of getting ill from a raw egg is quite slim. According to a study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, of the 69 billion eggs produced annually in the United States, some 2.3 million are contaminated with Salmonella—equivalent to just one in every 30,000 eggs.

While eggs are often one of your most allergenic foods, I believe this is because they are typically cooked too much. Heating the egg protein actually changes its chemical shape, and this distortion can easily lead to allergies. If you consume your eggs in their raw state, the incidence of egg allergy virtually disappears. I also believe eating eggs raw helps preserve many of the highly perishable nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which are powerful prevention elements for age-related macular degeneration, which is the most common cause of blindness.

The egg white is usually what most people object to when they say they don't like the texture of raw egg. If this is an issue, consider discarding the egg white, or simply blend the whole raw egg into a shake or smoothie. Beware of consuming raw egg whites without the yolks as raw egg whites contain avidin, which can bind to biotin. If you cook the egg white the avidin is not an issue. Likewise, if you consume the whole raw egg (both yolk and egg white) there is more than enough biotin in the yolk to compensate for the avidin binding.

If you choose not to eat your eggs (or just egg yolk) raw, soft-boiled would be your next best option. Scrambling your eggs is one of the worst ways to eat eggs as it actually oxidizes the cholesterol in the egg yolk. If you have high cholesterol this may actually be a problem for you as the oxidized cholesterol may cause some damage in your body.

Here's a couple of pictures progress after my last 8 week blast. This is 255 lbs. 6'2". As always, thanks to Ron.
    damn titan...blew the f##k up.......lmao.......bigron...hands down...best personal trainer in the world for bodybuilders....spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jch3131 is offline Associate Member
    Ron, thats a great article you wrote and the system makes alot of sense and something i want to try out. Just a question though to make sure I understand everything correctly. If I do 12 sets per body part a week that means I'm only probably going to do 4 exercises with 3 sets each? Like I said your logic sounds legit I just come from a background of push till you have nothing left. Also on the reload sets are we talking high weight low reps like 6-8?

massbuilders is offline New Member
    Hey ronnie, thanks for your answers man. Should i do dbol for first four weeks while test e kicks in?. So i will be doing dbol/test e/mast/anavar .

Yellow is offline Associate Member
    Ron, What's your thoughts & opinions about casein protein (especially the two best & undenaturated form which are micellar casein & milk protein isolate)?

My concern is that whey is a fast acting protein (which lasts only 60-120 mins in our body) where as egg whites is medium acting protein which lasts 3-4 hours in our body. BTW casein is the slowest acting protein which lasts 6-7 hours in our body.
    Since you recommend taking a scoop of whey protein powder + a cup of egg whites (equaling 50 grams of protein) for between meals & last meal of the day in SLINGSHOT DIET. Do we need to incorporate casein protein (either micellar casein or milk protein isolate) for between meals & last meal of the day in blends of whey protein & egg whites to stay in anabolic state & keep protein nitrogen balance longer?

Judah is offline Member
    If I'm not comfortable being constantly "on", what's the best way to keep my gains after ceasing the following cycle:

500mg a week of Test-E along with 800mg a week of Primo for 10 weeks.

Should I shorten my cycle from 10 weeks to 8 weeks?

slowpoison is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=Ronnie Rowland;6075804]
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoison View Post
    hey ron, im currently on test cypionate 250mg/wk; dbol 40mg ed; equipoise 200mg/wk. im on my 5th week.

Everytime i start off my sets after the second set i start experiencing extreme difficulty in breathing. i am abl to finish off my sets, but with the breathing problem I do not get the pumps. Even last time I was on juice, i had the same problem. any body knows the cure for this?since this is hampering my workouts no end!

The first time(2011) I was on cycle I did not have this problem. then I was using dbol 30mg, quinbolon; omnadren and turinabol (all oral )

P.S. this problem does not occur at other times when I am not working out. Do you feel shortness of breath while sitting down and bending over tying your shoes? I think it's the d-bol! If causes water retention and high blood pressure. Drop the d-bol and increase test to 500 mgs per week! Also reduce carbs and sodium while increasing fluid intake.

Eq is known to greatly increase hematocrit levels which can cause shortness of of breath if you become dehydrated.

I recommend checking your resting heart rate when you wake up in the morning while still laying in the bed 3 days after coming off the d-bol. If your heart rate near 100 then get off everything and get checked out by a cardiologist. [/
    QUOTE]above
    thanks for the info Ron.
    the prob is not there while bending or sitting.
    I have in any case dropped the dbol after 4 weeks.
    Equipoise could be the cause now that you've said it. of late i'd been feeling immensely dehydrated while working out, and thats the time I also start feeling breathless. any possible/known cure/remedy for this? or whats an alternative to epoise?

Blog Entries
    damn titan...blew the f##k up.......lmao.......bigron...hands down...best personal trainer in the world for bodybuilders....spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No doubt about it!! I struggled for years and didn't make half the progress I've made since finding Ron and STS. He's the one best source for info and knowledge any BB could want. Novice and Pro alike!! It makes me wish I'd known him 15 years earlier.

Thread Information