Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,040 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Bingaz is offline New Member
    Hey ron could you please critique my potential cycle ? i plan on competing next year. stats 25 215lbs around 13-15%bf

Reload
    week 1-8 625mg sus
    week 1-8 450mg deca
    week 1-4 30mg dbol

Deload
    week 9-10 250mg sus
    week 9-10 150mg deca

Reload
    week 11-18 1000mg sus
    week 11-18 600mg deca
    week 11-14 30mg beastdrol

deload 18-20 no gear as i plan to do a full blown pct. i have prami,clomid,hcg and adex and would like your advice on when its best to take these on my deload phase or wait untill my full blown pct? id like to minimise testicular atrophy as possible.

appreciate the great thread.

steroids .....cause sleep apnea?????

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes testosterone and other AAS can suppress the central respiratory drive center in the brain causing central sleep apnea. HGH on the other has can increase the tissue in the airway causing obstructive sleep apnea.

Pumpyouupv2 is offline New Member
    I just got my first bottle of Pituitary Growth Hormone when should i take the pills it just says take 2xpills daily. please help with any advice when to take them.

daniel20 is offline New Member
    Ronnie, what cycle is going to provide more gains for second reload?

Option 1 (more water retention so more size I assume)
    Test e 1000mg week
    Tren e 250mg or 400mg week (at 400mg on current reload)
    Dbol 50mg ed

Option 2 (tren being the stronger steroid = more muscle gains??)
    Test e 200mg week
    Tren e 600mg week
    Dbol 50mg ed

Current reload (tried low test high tren to assess how I get on with tren)
    Test e 200mg week
    Tren e 400mg week
    Finding I tolerate tren quite well, only had a handful of sleepless nights.

Sitting at 225lb 8% bf 6'2. Looking to hit 230-235lb by end of second reload.

Thanks
    Ronnie Rowland likes this.

Bingaz is offline New Member
    Daniel mate have u tried this protocol before ? Trying to search around see if people recovered etc.

DS_Slater is offline New Member
    Hey Ronnie! I'm trying out your training program, you mentioned 12 sets a week during a blast for major muscle groups such as chest, but how many sets minor muscles such as biceps, triceps, and shoulders? Also my split is

1) Chest/triceps/abs
    2) Back/biceps
    3) Shoulders/abs
    4) Legs

Would it really be detrimental to do 12 working sets per workout instead of per week because I train at a higher frequency? Also in your older Slingshot article from 2007 your training system was different, it was 2 week prime/4 week blast/2 week cruise, did you change it? I love the idea of having a prime (like a mini-cut to lose bodyfat in the middle of a bulk, and to prime your body for future gains once you go into a caloric surplus) do you have a new protocol for it?
    Last edited by DS_Slater; 04-09-2013 at 08:14 PM.

karrion is offline New Member
    awesome idea, thanks

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson View Post
    Hey guys. Looking for some advice. I'm going into week 2 of my first cycle ever, wanting to maximize what I have access to. I am 28 years old. I am 6'0" 215 lbs and have been training 5 days a week for 2 years. I have a clean, high protein diet. I have never used any gear before though. I thought I was ready and educated enough to begin a basic cycle, but I'm second guessing myself now. I began last week with one ML of dual test (E and C) at 200 Mg per ML and one ML of Deca at 200 Mg per ML. This is how it was explained to me as the best way to use it. I am using 10 Mg of Aromasin ED as an AI...right now after what I've started with, I have at my disposal: 9 ML of Dual Test at 200 Mg/ML, 9 ML of Deca at 200Mg/ML and about 700 Mg of Aromasin left. (I have a plan for PCT that I'm not inquiring about yet). I would like to get opinions on how to maximize results from what I have and how to dose it safely at the same time. If I keep going on the same track I've been on, I'll be dosing again on Monday. Please let me know what you think. Simpy inject 1 cc of test and 1 cc of deca once a week in the same syringe. A once a week shot is adequate for a first cycle. You don't need aromasin unless gyno appears. Proviron or masterone would have made a good addition to this cycle.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Wow.. Very great advice & awesome explanation, Ron..

My pre-judging is on Sunday Morning around 10.00 AM
    I am an Asian Bodybuilder who weigh around 165lbs (contest weight) and 5'8" tall.
    How much fat load should I do on Saturday night? Should I incorporate carbs too when fat loading the night before show? [B]A large rib-eye steak or 6 level tbsp of peanut butter works well. [U]Also, do a fleet enema to cleanse your colon right before going to bed.[[/U]/B]
    FYI, I am also taking 200mg per week Tren Enanthate (due to having leftover vials from last cycle) in addition to 100mg Test Prop EOD + 100mg Tren Acetate EOD + 100mg Masteron Prop EOD + 50mg Oral Winstrol Daily + 50mg Proviron Daily.

I have Novartis Femara 2.5mg Tablets (Pharm Grade Letrozole ).
    I am planning on using 1/2 tabs or 1.25mg daily beginning 2 weeks out. Do you think it's enough since I am already getting some estrogen control effects from 100mg Masteron Prop EOD + 50mg Oral Winny daily + 50mg Proviron daily?
    1/2 a tab of Femera will work due to it's potency but if you have enough in stock to to take a whole tab it wouldn't hurt.Thanks a lot, Ron..
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewandCurious View Post
    Great initial post, and many since. I learned a lot, but i haven't read 125 pages deep yet. Great support you're offering.

I have a question, but you're probably going to suggest i read all 125 pages.. which i should - and i plan to, but i might forget my question by the time i finish it. Feel free to tell me to read 125 pages but i'll ask anyway on the off chance it hasn't been asked and you're feeling nice

I read that after 8 weeks we should take "less anabolics". I have modest goals, and have no plans for long-term use. I've read several people talk about 12 week cycles. Is your system designed for longer-term use or can it be equally applicable to 'single cycles' where it might be months before i do another cycle (if ever). No one does just one cycle but the Slingshot method is designed to do a 20 week cycle then go off and PCT or continue. So, yes you can do just one cycle and stop. A 20 week cycle will allow you to make and keep more gains than the standard 8-12 weeks cycles that used to be popular in the past. If it can/should be used for 'one off' cycles too, please clarify the reduction of anabolics at 8 weeks. Should i reduce it until 12 weeks and then stop? You use more anabolics for 8 weeks (RELOAD) less anabolics sich as 1 cc of test-e for 2 weeks (DELOAD) then more again for anotfer 8 weeks (RELOAD) then less for 2 weeks (DELOAD) to prevent shocking your system before proceeding to a PCT with HCG or even better HMG!
    Thanks. Sometimes i worry about asking such questions. I feel a bit stupid, but i'm not. I'm just ignorant.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel20 View Post
    Ronnie, felt like I may have torn my left pec doing weighted dips today during my shoulder/triceps routine. The pain isn't too bad just when I flex the pec muscle hard it's a sharp pain on the outside of muscle near the underarm/shoulder. Going to see physiotherapist but in the mean time how would you recommend training chest? Anything you can recommend to help the recovery? I'm 6 weeks into the first reload and annoyed I may have to stop training chest for a couple of weeks.
    Routine is:
    Monday Shoulder / Triceps / Abs
    Tuesday Back / Traps
    Thursday Chest / Biceps / Forearms
    Friday Legs / Calves

Current cycle is:
    Test E 200mg week
    Tren E 400mg week
    No anti e's
    Caber 0.25mg 2 x week

Thanks
    Sounds like a slight partial tear of the pec tendon but an MRI will be needed to find out for certain. You should not be training your chest if you have a tear. Rest is the only remedy and surgery is required if the tear is significant. When surgery is required you will experience lumping and cramping. The area also tends to turn black and blue right after you rip it.

I would not do any more dips and I would stay away from flat bench
    Press from here on out.I would let it heal and then try to rehab in 6 weeks with light cable presses and some pushups. A surgery will set you behind a full year. It's going to be easier to tear from here on out so proceed with caution by using strict form and about 5 warm up sets before starting your work sets.

daniel20 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Sounds like a slight partial tear of the pec tendon but an MRI will be needed to find out for certain. You should not be training your chest if you have a tear. Rest is the only remedy and surgery is required if the tear is significant. When surgery is required you will experience lumping and cramping. The area also tends to turn black and blue right after you rip it.

I would not do any more dips and I would stay away from flat bench
    Press from here on out.I would let it heal and then try to rehab in 6 weeks with light cable presses and some pushups. A surgery will set you behind a full year. It's going to be easier to tear from here on out so proceed with caution by using strict form and about 5 warm up sets before starting your work sets.
    Thanks Ronnie,

I got lucky as it has turned out to be only a minor strain. Was caused by failure to warm up properly on dips. Learnt my lesson though! The pain while unflexed has gone away after a week now but when tensed I can still feel a minor pain under the underarm. Didn't bruise or turn black/blue which was the indication that the physio felt it wasn't torn.

Did a VERY light session on Chest today of 6 sets of machine press and 3 sets of machine flys. Felt fine but I'm going to keep at the machines for a while and stay away from dips and bench.

Thanks again

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel20 View Post
    Thanks Ronnie,

I got lucky as it has turned out to be only a minor strain. Was caused by failure to warm up properly on dips. Learnt my lesson though! The pain while unflexed has gone away after a week now but when tensed I can still feel a minor pain under the underarm. Didn't bruise or turn black/blue which was the indication that the physio felt it wasn't torn.

Did a VERY light session on Chest today of 6 sets of machine press and 3 sets of machine flys. Felt fine but I'm going to keep at the machines for a while and stay away from dips and bench.

Thanks again
    Well that's great news! Yes stay off the free weights for a while because if it decides to tear the weight could come slamming down on your chest before your spotter has time to grab it. It could cause serious injury or worse so err on the side of caution..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    steroids .....cause sleep apnea????? Like AnabolicDoc stated anabolics can suppress the central respiratory drive center in the brain causing central sleep apnea. Tren and anadrol are by far the worst IMO! No one knows if steroids can increase the tissue in the airway causing obstructive sleep apnea but my guess is that it could over-time.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingaz View Post
    hey ron could you please critique my potential cycle ? I plan on competing next year. Stats 25 215lbs around 13-15%bf

reload
    week 1-8 625mg sus
    week 1-8 450mg deca
    week 1-4 30mg dbol

deload
    week 9-10 250mg sus
    week 9-10 150mg deca take out the deca here.

reload
    week 11-18 1000mg sus
    week 11-18 600mg deca
    week 11-14 30mg beastdrol

deload 18-20 no gear as i plan to do a full blown pct. i would taper off gradually by deloading with 200 mgs of test weekly in order to prevent shocking your system then do full blown pct. i have prami,clomid,hcg and adex and would like your advice on when its best to take these on my deload phase or wait untill my full blown pct? run prami throughout entire 20 week cycle then discontinue. Keep adex on high in case gyno appears. D-bol is notorious for causing gyno but some are fine with d-bol and adex is not needed. Run hcg during pct for 3 weeks. If you run adex on cycle then run it for 3 weeks pct. I do not believe adex helps prevent estrogen from hcg usage. around throughout entire id like to minimise testicular atrophy as possible. if you want to minimize testicular shrinkage run hcg at 250 iu twice per week then run it 2-3 weeks pct.
    appreciate the great thread.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpyouupv2 View Post
    I just got my first bottle of Pituitary Growth Hormone when should i take the pills it just says take 2xpills daily. please help with any advice when to take them. Real GH has to be injected. I have no idea what you are taking so I am not qualified to provide an answer..Sorry!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel20;6488***
    Ronnie, what cycle is going to provide more gains for second reload?

Option 1 (more water retention so more size I assume)
    Test e 1000mg week
    Tren e 250mg or 400mg week (at 400mg on current reload)
    Dbol 50mg ed

Option 2 (tren being the stronger steroid = more muscle gains??)
    Test e 200mg week
    Tren e 600mg week
    Dbol 50mg ed

Current reload (tried low test high tren to assess how I get on with tren)
    Test e 200mg week
    Tren e 400mg week
    Finding I tolerate tren quite well, only had a handful of sleepless nights.

Sitting at 225lb 8% bf 6'2. Looking to hit 230-235lb by end of second reload.

Thanks I think you will make better gains doing more test and less tren because a little tren goes a long ways! Too much tren can put a damper on gains due to it's severe side effects such as lack of sleep, lethargicness, and decreased cardio ability.
    above

big ron..cause of pain???? small knot on upper mid..bicep....

Dadstrength is offline Junior Member
    Hey Ronnie great article. I've started using it along with a 20 week test e cycle. I do however have one question. Am I suppose to do a 4 week reload then 2 week deload, then repeat, as far as the training volume. ( I'm not speaking of the aas cycle) or is it 8 weeks high volume then 2 weeks low? I'm confused. Once again I'm only talking about the workout. Not the aas cycle.
    I'm sure you answered this already but being a father of 2 I only had enough time to page 40 of the posts lol time isn't a luxury afforded to me. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Slater View Post
    Hey Ronnie! I'm trying out your training program, you mentioned 12 sets a week during a blast for major muscle groups such as chest, but how many sets minor muscles such as biceps, triceps, and shoulders? Also my split is

1) Chest/triceps/abs
    2) Back/biceps
    3) Shoulders/abs
    4) Legs

Would it really be detrimental to do 12 working sets per workout instead of per week because I train at a higher frequency? Also in your older Slingshot article from 2007 your training system was different, it was 2 week prime/4 week blast/2 week cruise, did you change it? I love the idea of having a prime (like a mini-cut to lose bodyfat in the middle of a bulk, and to prime your body for future gains once you go into a caloric surplus) do you have a new protocol for it?
    I would not employ the older Slingshot method. The updated version is far superior. You don't need a prime unless you are totally burned out from over- training. You should not allow yourself to gain a bunch of fat during an 8 week blast just to see the scales increase because it's not real muscle. Furthermore, if you gain a bunch of fat by bulking up your blood pressure will increase, cholesterol will go up and you will become insulin resistant. Slow gains that are lean is the key!

You should do around 12 intense work sets for major body parts like the chest and arms each week. For body parts like traps and hams 6 sets is good. 12 sets for quads is good. 6 sets for back width is good and 9 sets is good for back thickness.You should be performing more than 12 sets total in aany given workout.

A better 4 day split:
    Day 1 chest/ biceps/forearms
    Day 2 off
    Day 3 back/rear delts
    Day 4 off
    Day 5 shoulders/triceps/traps
    Day 6 legs
    Day 7 off
    Repeat cycle on day 8.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadstrength View Post
    Hey Ronnie great article. I've started using it along with a 20 week test e cycle. I do however have one question. Am I suppose to do a 4 week reload then 2 week deload, then repeat, as far as the training volume. ( I'm not speaking of the aas cycle) or is it 8 weeks high volume then 2 weeks low? I'm confused. Once again I'm only talking about the workout. Not the aas cycle.
    I'm sure you answered this already but being a father of 2 I only had enough time to page 40 of the posts lol time isn't a luxury afforded to me. Thank you.
    It's 8 weeks high volume (reload) then 2 weeks low volume (deload).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    big ron..cause of pain???? small knot on upper mid..bicep....
    Sounds like bicipital tenon it's in long head of bicep. You need to get your shoulder checked out. It could be a number of things such as a torn labrum, swollen bursa sac, or rotator cuff. Something is impinging in your shoulder where the bicep tendon attaches. What exercise is setting it off or hurt it to begin with?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingaz View Post
    Daniel mate have u tried this protocol before ? Trying to search around see if people recovered etc.
    Recovering from a 20 week cycle is no different than recovering from a 12 week cycle. The key is using pharm grade HCG or HMG during Post Cycle Therapy .

Dadstrength is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the help Ronnie.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ok Ronnie, just read through all this, first time reading this. My source actually lead me to this thread.

So I will have 60 ml test e 250
    140ml winny 75mg
    140 anavar 50mg.

What I was thinking of doing was.

1-8 Test e 500wk
    1-8 Anavar 80mg Ed
    9-10 Test e 300-400mg wk
    11-18(20)? test e 500mg wk
    16-22 wk winny at 75mg wk

then pct at 24-28 wks
    Standard pct
    Nolva 40/20/20/20
    clomid 100/50/50/50
    Or does this need to be a 6 wk pct?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goode80 View Post
    ok Ronnie, just read through all this, first time reading this. My source actually lead me to this thread.

So I will have 60 ml test e 250
    140ml winny 75mg
    140 anavar 50mg.

What I was thinking of doing was.

1-8 Test e 500wk
    1-8 Anavar 80mg Ed
    9-10 Test e 300-400mg wk
    11-18(20)? test e 500mg wk
    16-22 wk winny at 75mg wk

then pct at 24-28 wks
    Standard pct
    Nolva 40/20/20/20
    clomid 100/50/50/50
    Or does this need to be a 6 wk pct?
    Run the winstrol at 5O per day through weeks 11-18. Then deload with 200 mgs of test for 2 weeks. Finish off by starting PCT week 21. Hcg for 3 weeks. Come off clomid and nolvadex after 4 weeks.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Run the winstrol at 5O per day through weeks 11-18. Then deload with 200 mgs of test for 2 weeks. Finish off by starting PCT week 21. Hcg for 3 weeks. Come off clomid and nolvadex after 4 weeks.
    Ok four questions:

1. Hcg throughout the 20 wks and three weeks into pct correct?

2. Both deloading phasing run test at 200 or just the last one going into pct?

3. Pct isn't 14 days after? So wouldn't it be wk 22?

4. This will be my 4th cycle. Is this recommended or wait to have more experience?

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Here's a quick workout question. On my leg workout I was really producing amazing results then in Dec I had a fracture that healed in 4-5 weeks. The side effect of the limping was a lower back problem that persists still. Anyway, almost have this under control. The question is a matter of volume. This is what it looks like.

Smith Machine Squats 2 warm up sets - 3 sets to failure 8-12 reps

Giant Split Squats w/step behind - 3 sets to failure 8-12 reps

Hack Squats - 3 sets to failure 8-12 reps

Seated Leg Curls - 6 sets to failure 8-12 reps

I used to do calves on this day but I do them on chest day since I'm usually shot after this.

The thing is, I hate those seated leg curls. They aggravate my back problems and I never really make any progress weight wise. Unfortunately I my gym doesn't have a laying down style leg curl set up. (Membership for me is 42 USD per year so you can't have it all I guess.)

I'm wanting to start doing 4 sets on the first three exercises and only do maybe 4 sets on the seated leg curls. Do the giant split Squats hit the hamstrings enough to count as a hamstring exercise? It feels like it does, but maybe I'm just feeling it in the glutes...

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=goode80;6497028]Ok four questions:

1. Hcg throughout the 20 wks and three weeks into pct correct? 2 weeks into pct is enough with hcg since you are running throughout
    2. Both deloading phasing run test at 200 or just the last one going into pct? 200 during both deloads

3. Pct isn't 14 days after? So wouldn't it be wk 22? you can start pct at week 21

4. This will be my 4th cycle. Is this recommended or wait to have more experience? Looks fine too me![/QUOTE]above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    Here's a quick workout question. On my leg workout I was really producing amazing results then in Dec I had a fracture that healed in 4-5 weeks. The side effect of the limping was a lower back problem that persists still. Anyway, almost have this under control. The question is a matter of volume. This is what it looks like.

Smith Machine Squats 2 warm up sets - 3 sets to failure 8-12 reps

Giant Split Squats w/step behind - 3 sets to failure 8-12 reps

Hack Squats - 3 sets to failure 8-12 reps

Seated Leg Curls - 6 sets to failure 8-12 reps

I used to do calves on this day but I do them on chest day since I'm usually shot after this.

The thing is, I hate those seated leg curls. They aggravate my back problems and I never really make any progress weight wise. Unfortunately I my gym doesn't have a laying down style leg curl set up. (Membership for me is 42 USD per year so you can't have it all I guess.)

I'm wanting to start doing 4 sets on the first three exercises and only do maybe 4 sets on the seated leg curls. Do the giant split Squats hit the hamstrings enough to count as a hamstring exercise? It feels like it does, but maybe I'm just feeling it in the glutes...Actually the Split squats and smith machine squats stimulate the larger muscle of the hamstrings better and add more muscle bulk than any form of leg curls. This is because the larger muscles of the hams attach to the hip. Leg curls hit the smaller muscles that attach behind the knee.
    above

lla23 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Mr Ronnie,

I'm Chris from Singapore. I'm interested to do steriods , i'm not competing nor looking to get BIG within a yr but i'm curious to find out what can steroids do in the long run. I looking to gain more size and maintain certain amount of leanness, I'm more looking it as a long term commitment rather than a short term and a quick fix..... but i need some guidelines if u would be able share with me.

My questions are, what is the basic guidelines do i have to do or follow when i'm on steroids?
    "How often do i hv to do a Blood work test, every 3 mths or 6 mths?"
    "What do i need to look at when i have a blood work result?"
    "How long should i rest for every cycle i do?"
    "Do i still need to use supplements while I'm still on it"?
    "What pharmaceutical company is recommended?"
    "In terms of efficient, is Oral better or injection better?"

Here's wat i have been doing now.

I'm a Asian, 32 yrs old a personal trainer for 8 yrs, Ectomorph.. I started training when i was 25 yrs weighing 58Kg, Currently i'm weight 72Kg with a BF of 12%.

My meals usually i start with High Fat and Protein (RED MEAT) in e earlier part of the day and will adjust Lower Fat and Protein (WHITE MEAT) and with more Unrefined Carbs (White Rice, Sweet or Potato) towards the evening and my last meals. I do design my program and periodize them every 5 & 6 weeks and use slow or fast tempo depending on the selection of e exercises and the program.

Hope u will be able to help me with the basic guidelines or fundamentals. Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards,
    Chris

Blog Entries
    So how about 5/5/5 sets of Smith machine squats, giant split squats, hack squats, then 6 sets of calve raises for a total of 21 sets? I like doing leg presses but the machine at my gym is one of those that angle up and with any kind of decent weight on it I hurt my lower back.

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    Ronnie what do you think about this plan till the end of the year:

reload: 1,1g test E, 583mg deca / week
    deload: 250mg test E / week

reload: 1,1g test E, 583mg deca, 350mg Tren Hexa / week + 50 (or 100??) mg Anadrol /day -> maximize gains, cruel bulking phase
    deload:250mg test E / week

reload: will see but probably 700mg Test P, 525mg Tren Hexa, 350 Mast Prop /week -> clean up diet to harden gained mass

Blog Entries
    Is NPP too short an ester to use twice a week (for joint support) or does it need to be more frequent?

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Mast should be higher than 350

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    Is NPP too short an ester to use twice a week (for joint support) or does it need to be more frequent?
    You're good with 2x a week. 7 day half life I believe. 3x a week probably be better, but 2 will work

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Ronnie

Sounds like bicipital tenon it's in long head of bicep. You need to get your shoulder checked out. It could be a number of things such as a torn labrum, swollen bursa sac, or rotator cuff. Something is impinging in your shoulder where the bicep tendon attaches. What exercise is setting it off or hurt it to begin with?
    throwing baseball..with nephew...

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    This...thread...should have...a sub...section for ol' vascular vince...

Thread Information