Page 53 of 138 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,120 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcream View Post
    Hey, I was thinkin about tryin my first cycle of roids to bulk up but i really dont know much about steroids .. I was thinkin about getting this package..can anyone help me out ? What type of gains can i expect w this stuff and what can i expect after im off of it ? will my weight decrease significantly if so is it really worth it then ?.. Im currently 5'10 145lbs and tryin to get to 180 or anything higher

My diet will during the cycle be 4000+cal/day circa200g protein i try to get to this daily right now but work/school keep me busy and dont have time to make food..

Training Includes
    Mon:Chest/Tri/Abs
    Tue:Back/Bi
    Wed:Legs/Shoulders/Abs
    Thu:Chest/Tri
    Fri:Back/Bi/Abs
    Sat: Legs/Shoulders
    Sun: Off

2 x Deca 250 (Decca 250)
    2 x Trenbolone (Finaplix ) 75 (Tren Fina 75)
    2 x Dianabol (D-bolic)

British Dragon Gear products *.

By clicking Add To Cart, you agree to our Disclaimer and Terms of use.

Week Decca 250 D-bolic Tren-Fina
    1 2 caps/day 2 caps/day 2 caps/day
    2 2 caps/day 2 caps/day 2 caps/day
    3 3 caps/day 3 caps/day 3 caps/day
    4 3 caps/day 3 caps/day 3 caps/day
    5 4 caps/day 4 caps/day 4 caps/day
    6 4 caps/day 4 caps/day 4 caps/day
    7 1 caps/day 1 caps/day 1 caps/day
    8 1 caps/day 1 caps/day 1 caps/day

This amazing cyle will put on mass fast! Use these mass bulking compounds with a good bulking diet and you'll get big. Many users report fast gains and good long term mass increase within the first 2-4 weeks. If you have a smaller frame, this is a cycle for you.
    You are severely over-training-hence the reason you cannot put on muscle weight. Decrease training to 3-4 days per week and make more gains naturally before considering steroids.

sadmir is offline New Member
    i started my first cycle of anabolic steroids when i was 16 , is that bad ?

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmir View Post

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    hi ronnie, would igf-1 be good to take to stop muscle atrophy? my entire right side has shrunk from the torn pec including my arm and even rear delt, or is it just a matter of getting blood back into those areas with light movements.
    thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    hi ronnie, sorry for all the questions but is muscle atrophy common in the tricep with pec tears? my left tricep is still big but the tricep on my injured side is really flat and almost half the size even though the tear is in the pec/bicep area. surprisingly the bicep is still big but it could be the swelling. is there anything i could do? The nerves that are related to your pectorals share some common origins of the radial nerve which feeds the triceps. Therefore, it's probable you over stretched the nerve further up in the brachial plexus. These types of injuries take time to heal.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmir View Post
    yes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1111 View Post
    Hi Ronnie, coulld you please elaborate on the above?
    I should have been more clear on this comment. Tren like deca binds more strongly to the androgen receptors than test and test converts to DHT and estrogen which has been suggested to accelerate side effects such as prostate enlargement and hair loss. I realize that tren can cause hairloss also as it is a strong androgen that binds strongly to androgen receptors in the scalp and propecia does not work from tren like it does test because tren does not convert to dht-hence testosterone is really the only drug of the two that propecia could be effective. DHT has very little effect on muscle growth yet is about 10 times as strong as test in terms of binding to the receptor sites. Deca is a milder androgen that test/tren and could be considered somewhat of a SARM (just like tren) yet deca is the hardest of the three on the arterial walls.

SHBG levels lower test levels but tren will bind to SHBG-hence loweing it so free test levels can remain high.
    The benefits of adding tren with a test base is that you get a greater anabolic effect without adding the dht/estogen side effects while still being able to maintain a healthy libido and mood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    hi ronnie, would igf-1 be good to take to stop muscle atrophy? my entire right side has shrunk from the torn pec including my arm and even rear delt, or is it just a matter of getting blood back into those areas with light movements.
    thanks
    Nothing is probably going to stop muscle atrophy from nerve damage but once it heals getting blood in the area will help. My legs have atrophied due to permanent nerve damage in my back (I do not feel your injury is permanent) and my legs will never be the same even though I work them very hard!

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    I should have been more clear on this comment. Tren like deca binds more strongly to the androgen receptors than test and test converts to DHT and estrogen which has been suggested to accelerate side effects such as prostate enlargement and hair loss. I realize that tren can cause hairloss also as it is a strong androgen that binds strongly to androgen receptors in the scalp and propecia does not work from tren like it does test because tren does not convert to dht-hence testosterone is really the only drug of the two that propecia could be effective. DHT has very little effect on muscle growth yet is about 10 times as strong as test in terms of binding to the receptor sites. Deca is a milder androgen that test/tren and could be considered somewhat of a SARM (just like tren) yet deca is the hardest of the three on the arterial walls.

SHBG levels lower test levels but tren will bind to SHBG-hence loweing it so free test levels can remain high.
    The benefits of adding tren with a test base is that you get a greater anabolic effect without adding the dht/estogen side effects while still being able to maintain a healthy libido and mood.
    Many thanks for the explanation Ronnie.

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Ronnie,
    I have done many cycles and never really been entirely happy with the results. I have considered many factors, like training technique, diet, aas dosage, length of cycles ect.

I have come to the conclusion that my problem is, I just don't eat enough. I have always managed to get my daily protein right, but a lot of this is from powder. I know its not as good as real food but I wanted to know your thoughts on this.

I also supplement with pasturised liquid egg whites that I just mix with a bit of powder for flavour. Are these egg whites as good as real cooked food? Also please consider that I consume about 1kg of these per day, which makes up 100g of my daily protein intake. Am I wasting my money on these?

I need help in establishing that food intake is my problem, as I really don't enjoy force feeding myself.

In your opinion what is the most important factor in building mass in order of importance from the following: aas, training technique, diet?
    The reason I mention training technique is because I often see people at my gym who have terrible form, yet are huge and very strong. They are also carrying bodyfat which leads me to believe they eat a lot, hence my conclusion that food, or lack of it, is my main issue.

I always use good form as I think its important for avoiding injury.

Some people really enjoy eating and some people don't. Unfortunately i'm one of those who don't. Is this my problem?

I'm gonna post this on the main forum aswell, to see what other have to say, if thats ok.

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member
    hey ronnie, i think u missed my post on page 52, if you could guide me with ur words of wisdom i would greatly appreciate it, as i already do now with my results..thank u greatly

Blog Entries
    Ditto for me (post 2072) but no hurry at all Ron. We all know your busy so anytime is fine by me. This is the best advice on the web, free or not. Thanks for everything!!!

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    Hello Ronnie, I would like your opinion regarding my current cycle:

I am running
    Weeks 1-8 Test enanthate 500mg/week
    Weeks 1-8 deca 500mg/week
    Weeks 1-8 aromasin 12.5mgEOD

I am 4 weeks in and my current stats are 210lbs, 5'10, 15% bodyfat. I want to be able to get to 10% bodyfat so I can maintain that for future cycles to minimize sideeffects from E2 related issues. In the second reload, would I be able to cut while gaining a few lbs of muscle with something like this:

Weeks 8-10 Test enanthate 250mg/week
    Weeks 10-18 Test enanthate 300mg/week
    Weeks 10-14 Clen 100mcg/day
    Weeks 14-18 Tren 100mg/EOD

Would it be fine to do something like this, but how would you change things around? in terms of doses etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1111 View Post
    Hey Ronnie,
    I have done many cycles and never really been entirely happy with the results. I have considered many factors, like training technique, diet, aas dosage, length of cycles ect.

I have come to the conclusion that my problem is, I just don't eat enough. I have always managed to get my daily protein right, but a lot of this is from powder. I know its not as good as real food but I wanted to know your thoughts on this. Use liquid egg whites mixed with carb master yougurt (can get at krogers) for added muscle growth. Protein powder is not optimal IMO and I rarely use it now a days.
    I also supplement with pasturised liquid egg whites that I just mix with a bit of powder for flavour. Are these egg whites as good as real cooked food? yes Also please consider that I consume about 1kg of these per day, which makes up 100g of my daily protein intake. Am I wasting my money on these? absolutely not!I need help in establishing that food intake is my problem, as I really don't enjoy force feeding myself. neither do I but it's the only way I can make gains and I have to take in six meals per day. Peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches help me along with the egg whites.In your opinion what is the most important factor in building mass in order of importance from the following: aas, training technique, diet? 1st is genetics, training,steroids,diet are about equal in importance as it takes all 3. The reason I mention training technique is because I often see people at my gym who have terrible form, yet are huge and very strong. They are also carrying bodyfat which leads me to believe they eat a lot, hence my conclusion that food, or lack of it, is my main issue. You can still get huge using poor form but most people tear their joints up in the process. You must add some bodyfat to gain muscle. I always use good form as I think its important for avoiding injury.

Some people really enjoy eating and some people don't. Unfortunately i'm one of those who don't. Is this my problem? yes, take something to help stimulate your appetite like b-12 and you may have to eat more junk food (like fast food you love) to put on weight and a bit less protein if you cannot stomach it.
    I'm gonna post this on the main forum aswell, to see what other have to say, if thats ok.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    hey ronnie....im coming up to my final DELOAD of my 20 weeker slingshot... im must say, i am very very happy with the results...contrary to what most people believe, this is really great compared to the old, come off and on equal time...

my concern is however, i do wanna recover naturally so i was thinking do to my final deload of 250 test with PROP instead of enanthate as i have been doing...thus i can get the drugs out of my system faster, and begin a 1 month PCT of aromasin and hcg ....then i will jump on another STS cycle...what do u think? That will be fine..I answered this question already but it must have not posted..sorry for the delay!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the titan99 View Post
    hey ron, i just finished with my check up with the doctor after the spinal surgery and he cleared me to start my new reload. The thing is, i've been bridging with 500 mg of test, priming and doing 6 days a week of cardio. My question is 2 parts.

First, for some reason my right triceps has really lost strength and size. It's noticeable at a distance. The doctor reassured me that after spine/nerve surgery that weakness is normal and my arm will balance out in a few months. I noticed that my right arm was weak during bench press and also went from doing 20 dips with a 10 kg plate to doing 12 with no weight. It's only when switching to tri kickbacks that i noticed the extent of the problem. I can only achieve full extension and perfect form with about half the weight!! Now i tend to believe the doc as far as his prognosis for complete recovery, but what exercises or regime do you suggest to catch one side up to the other? your doc is right and only time will allow your right arm to catch up with your left arm. But, i would do some uni-lateral tricep pressdowns with a single handle for both arms at the end of each tricep workout to help it along the way and try using a uni-lateral shoulder press (hammer strength machine) do you go with the lighter weight for one side and try to stay at good failure, 8-12 reps, then heavier on the other? no, stay with 8-15 for both arms. It seems like in the old days, a guy would just do more sets with the weaker arm, but i know that probably won't work. no, it won't in this case. What do you suggest? You train tricep whebn you train chest, shoulders and triceps so they essentially are getting 2-3 workouts per week so there's nothing magical you can do.part 2 is this. I've been blasting since july and have just finished a 6 week bridge (750 sustonon/ 20 mg anavar ) while recovering from surgery. Before that i was on 1 gram test/800 mg deca /100 mg proviron ed. I've been running hcg at 250 iu's twice a week through out with a 3 week break during and after the surgery i plan on doing one more reload, one deload then pct and bw. This is what i'd planned for the last 10 weeks. What do you think? i think that's fine.week 1-4 1 gram test/800 deca/50 mg proviron ed/80 mg anavar ed/250 iu's hcg taw (dropped the proviron to 50 mg due to the fact that i lost my favorite sex asian toy... Didn't think i'd need all that now...)
    week 5-8 1.5 grams test/ 1000 mg deca/50 mg proviron ed/80 mg anavar ed/250 hcg iu's taw. (thats a lot of deca!)week 9-10 500 mg test/50 mg proviron ed/250 iu's hcg taw
    week 11-12 25 mg proviron ed/500 iu's hcg taw(proviron 1/2, hcg doubled. (is this right?)i would just go ahead and run hcg at 2500 per week for two weeks beginning week 13 .

Pct
    week 1-8 tamox 20 mg/ed (40 mg for the first 7 days)
    week 1-8 tore 60 mg/ed (120 mg for the first 14 days, 100 mg for the next 7 days)
    blood work 4 weeks later.

How do you like it? it's okay i have aromasin and could take it while on cycle, or could take it during pct, or both, but i've never had and es problems (never done 1.5 grams of test 1 gram deca before either). The proviron seems to work for me while on cycle as far as a mild ai, sex etc. Should i just hold off on it unless i need it? never not takr aromasin unless you need it! Stick to the proviron. how would you use/not use it? it kills libido, energy and cause anxiety/depression/joint pain for some. No value in taking it unless you are preparing for a show or have bad gyno i've heard a lot of conflicting opinions on this.there's conflict with everything these days but i tried aromasin and was miserable.sorry for the size of the post, but you seem to answer very efficiently and accurately.

Thanks again...
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo18 View Post
    hello ronnie, i would like your opinion regarding my current cycle:

I am running
    weeks 1-8 test enanthate 500mg/week
    weeks 1-8 deca 500mg/week
    weeks 1-8 aromasin 12.5mgeod

i am 4 weeks in and my current stats are 210lbs, 5'10, 15% bodyfat. I want to be able to get to 10% bodyfat so i can maintain that for future cycles to minimize sideeffects from e2 related issues. In the second reload, would i be able to cut while gaining a few lbs of muscle with something like this:

Weeks 8-10 test enanthate 250mg/week [b](keep test to at least 500 mgs per week-750 even better and run tren at 100 eod through 8 week reload) current cycle is too weak! [/b
    ]weeks 10-18 test enanthate 300mg/week
    weeks 10-14 clen 100mcg/day
    weeks 14-18 tren 100mg/eod

would it be fine to do something like this, but how would you change things around? In terms of doses etc.
    above

Blog Entries
    Thanks again Ronnie. I'll implement immediately.

Yellow is offline Associate Member
    Hi ron,

I have finished 30 weeks slingshot cycle (3 reloads and 3 deloads). Now, I am on last week of time OFF ((I did 10 weeks OFF (doing 1 reload and 1 deload naturally) consists of 4 weeks PCT and 6 weeks time OFF)).
    After the PCT, I took OTC testosterone booster (week 5-10) until I start another 30 weeks slingshot cycle. Is that bad? Should I take a break for a while (not taking anything) before doing another cycle?

This weekend I am gonna do bloodwork before recommencing the slingshot cycle again.
    Next week is gonna be my start of 30 weeks slingshot cycle.

NB: I did take HCG during my 30 weeks slingshot cycle. My PCT consisted of combo of clomid and nolva.

Many Thanks, Ron...

bigron...do type2 fibers work less during high rep work sets.... of lets say 12-15..... or say type1????

one more ron....are dips...n....close grip...necessary for tris...or best to do extensions for mass?????

wdalnaem is offline New Member
    damn great info

wdalnaem is offline New Member
    damn great info

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    hi ron,

i have finished 30 weeks slingshot cycle (3 reloads and 3 deloads). Now, i am on last week of time off ((i did 10 weeks off (doing 1 reload and 1 deload naturally) consists of 4 weeks pct and 6 weeks time off)).
    After the pct, i took otc testosterone booster (week 5-10) until i start another 30 weeks slingshot cycle. Is that bad? they are not going too do you much good after using real steroids. I would leave them alone. Should i take a break for a while (not taking anything) before doing another cycle?i doubt the otc test boosters hurt you so it's okay to start back.this weekend i am gonna do bloodwork before recommencing the slingshot cycle again.good!next week is gonna be my start of 30 weeks slingshot cycle.

Nb: I did take hcg during my 30 weeks slingshot cycle. My pct consisted of combo of clomid and nolva. that's fine but next time you could just stick to using hcg alone given an anti-es was not used while on cyclemany thanks, ron...
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    bigron...do type2 fibers work less during high rep work sets.... of lets say 12-15..... or say type1????
    If I understand you correctly, the answer is no. The type-1 fibers tire out first then the type-2 fibers kick in last when doing 12-15 reps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    one more ron....are dips...n....close grip...necessary for tris...or best to do extensions for mass?????
    Extensions and pushdowns are best given you already do shoulder presses and chest press which work the triceps hard. Dips and close grip are basically mimicking chest and shoulder presses and doing them in addition is pretty much redundant and can cause joint problems from over use.

djdizzy is offline Associate Member
    Hi Ron, what a wealth of information this thread has been. I noticed more info on the cutting diet and not on the bulking diet. It might just be common sense but I was wondering if you might go into a little more detail (sample menu like you did for the carb cycle diet Post #17 and foods to consider eating while bulking. I forget what post# but you listed sample proteins, carbs, fats and seasonings but I think this was for the cutting diet as well) Like in Post #2094 you mention : Peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches help me along with the egg whites

I think the bulk diet was meant for Post #15 but that says In Construction and Post 16 is the fat loss plan

Thanks for your time!
    Dizzy
    Last edited by djdizzy; 12-14-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Hi ron,

I have finished 30 weeks slingshot cycle (3 reloads and 3 deloads). Now, I am on last week of time OFF ((I did 10 weeks OFF (doing 1 reload and 1 deload naturally) consists of 4 weeks PCT and 6 weeks time OFF)).
    After the PCT, I took OTC testosterone booster (week 5-10) until I start another 30 weeks slingshot cycle. Is that bad? they are not going too do you much good after using real steroids. I would leave them alone.Should I take a break for a while (not taking anything) before doing another cycle?i doubt the otc test boosters hurt you so it's okay to start back.

This weekend I am gonna do bloodwork before recommencing the slingshot cycle again.good!
    Next week is gonna be my start of 30 weeks slingshot cycle.

NB: I did take HCG during my 30 weeks slingshot cycle. My PCT consisted of combo of clomid and nolva.that's fine but next time you could just stick to using hcg alone given an anti-es was not used while on cycle

Many Thanks, Ron...
    above
    Many Thanks for the advice and help, ron. I would do as you said.

My bloodwork results mainly come back good.
    #Lipid panels are normal : HDL is 37mg/dl (normal lab reference > 30mg/dl), LDL is 102mg/dl (normal lab reference < 130mg/dl).
    When on cycle, the HDL was only single digit and LDL was 150-ish (because I was using orals for all 3 reloads).
    #My testosterone level is high : 1347ng/dl (normal lab reference 300-1200ng/dl).
    Before the 30 weeks slingshot cycle, my testosterone level was 951ng/dl (I had done about 4-5 cycles before my test level was tested at 951ng/dl).

But there are some concerns :
    My liver panels are still a bit high than normal :
    -AST : 50 (normal lab reference < 35)
    -ALT : 70 (normal lab reference < 45)
    Do you think it's a problem?
    When on cycle, they were about 150-ish and 170-ish
    (because I was using orals for all 3 reloads).

My renal panels are a bit high too :
    -Creatinine is 1.2mg/dl (normal lab reference 0.9-1.2mg/dl).
    It's at the high normal borderline. Do you think it's still good?
    -Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) is 26 (normal lab reference 7-20mg/dl).
    Is that bad? Do you think my kidney can't work properly?
    Should I reduce my protein intake? (I take in about 275gr of protein per day)
    (I have been lifting and having high protein diet for 8 years)

Thanks for the time, ron...
    Last edited by Yellow; 12-15-2010 at 02:36 AM. Reason: typo

kelevra is offline Member
    Thanks Ronnie
    The Question: Do you feel that flat dumbbell press is better for mass than flat barbell bench? And do you think decline as part of a routine at least every now and then is needed?

I have started to develop some pain in the back side of my shoulder while doing flat bar bench. Bar incline, dumbbell incline or flat dumbbell doesn't bother it. I've always heard dumbbells are better anyway however over the years i have not been able to get away from the flat bar bench. Although I like strength, size is my main concern. It has been very hard for me to break away from measuring success from what the bench says. If you know what I mean.
    I also can't tell you how much i agree with going to failure and its strain on your body. I was having a power lifter type guy spot for me while doing 365 for a double on flat bench. I never break good form and will always have a spotter take weight that i can't move with good form. For a short story the spotter didn't take the weight when i said. He decided that i had enough to push it out and instead of taking it he continued to let me push as it was a forced type rep. I had to tell him to take the F#&@$% thing before he actually helped. Lesson learned be specific with spotters.

eyepoker is offline Junior Member
    Great info Ronnie, thank you!

surfer3873 is offline New Member
    hey ronnie, im currently 80kg or 170 (i think) pounds, i have around 20% body fat maybe less, i have been doing weights on and off for about ten years. Basically i just stay in shape, however im am keen to step it up to gain alot more muscle. I have been taking protein, creatine and tribulus and recently found some things called an anabolic stack pack (natural alternative), i have just started taking these so i dont really know if they are working. Could you let me know a routine to see good results and also the beginner roid that i would be best suited to take, i think they are quite hard to get here in New Zealand but i may be able to get something, also what do you think of these natural anabolic steroid alternatives . Cheers!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djdizzy View Post
    Hi Ron, what a wealth of information this thread has been. I noticed more info on the cutting diet and not on the bulking diet. It might just be common sense but I was wondering if you might go into a little more detail (sample menu like you did for the carb cycle diet Post #17 and foods to consider eating while bulking. I forget what post# but you listed sample proteins, carbs, fats and seasonings but I think this was for the cutting diet as well) Like in Post #2094 you mention : Peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches help me along with the egg whites

I think the bulk diet was meant for Post #15 but that says In Construction and Post 16 is the fat loss plan

Thanks for your time!
    Dizzy
    I am unable to copy/paste in microsoft word at the present but will get back to this question when I get it up and running.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    many thanks for the advice and help, ron. I would do as you said.

My bloodwork results mainly come back good.
    #lipid panels are normal : Hdl is 37mg/dl (normal lab reference > 30mg/dl), ldl is 102mg/dl (normal lab reference < 130mg/dl).
    When on cycle, the hdl was only single digit and ldl was 150-ish (because i was using orals for all 3 reloads).
    #my testosterone level is high : 1347ng/dl (normal lab reference 300-1200ng/dl).
    Before the 30 weeks slingshot cycle, my testosterone level was 951ng/dl (i had done about 4-5 cycles before my test level was tested at 951ng/dl).

But there are some concerns :
    My liver panels are still a bit high than normal :
    -ast : 50 (normal lab reference < 35)
    -alt : 70 (normal lab reference < 45)
    do you think it's a problem? it's not a problem per se but just to play it safe i would use orals only every other reload or reduce the dosages. when on cycle, they were about 150-ish and 170-ish
    (because i was using orals for all 3 reloads).

My renal panels are a bit high too :
    -creatinine is 1.2mg/dl (normal lab reference 0.9-1.2mg/dl). thats quite normal for people who lift weights.
    It's at the high normal borderline. Do you think it's still good?
    -blood urea nitrogen (bun) is 26 (normal lab reference 7-20mg/dl).
    Is that bad? Do you think my kidney can't work properly?
    Should i reduce my protein intake? (i take in about 275gr of protein per day) not during reloads but yes during deloads. (i have been lifting and having high protein diet for 8 years)

thanks for the time, ron...
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelevra View Post
    Thanks Ronnie
    The Question: Do you feel that flat dumbbell press is better for mass than flat barbell bench? No! And do you think decline as part of a routine at least every now and then is needed? Only if you do not respond well to flat bench or flat causes shoulder pain. In fact, if flat bench does not work well then drop them and replace with declines. If that is you in your avatar you appear to be someone who responds to flat bench. I have started to develop some pain in the back side of my shoulder while doing flat bar bench. Drop it and go to declines or flat dumbbell instead. Also work your rear rotator cuffs after back training. Bar incline, dumbbell incline or flat dumbbell doesn't bother it. I've always heard dumbbells are better anyway however over the years i have not been able to get away from the flat bar bench. Although I like strength, size is my main concern. It has been very hard for me to break away from measuring success from what the bench says. If you know what I mean. You are probably lifting too heavy and using subpar form.I also can't tell you how much i agree with going to failure and its strain on your body. I was having a power lifter type guy spot for me while doing 365 for a double on flat bench. I never break good form and will always have a spotter take weight that i can't move with good form. For a short story the spotter didn't take the weight when i said. He decided that i had enough to push it out and instead of taking it he continued to let me push as it was a forced type rep. I had to tell him to take the F#&@$% thing before he actually helped. Lesson learned be specific with spotters. Low reps to failure on flat bench can do a number on the shoulders. For bodybuilding do 6-15 reps. A poor spotter can get you hurt fast!
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer3873 View Post
    hey ronnie, im currently 80kg or 170 (i think) pounds, i have around 20% body fat maybe less, i have been doing weights on and off for about ten years. Basically i just stay in shape, however im am keen to step it up to gain alot more muscle. I have been taking protein, creatine and tribulus tribulus does nothing for muscle gains imo! and recently found some things called an anabolic stack pack (natural alternative), i have just started taking these so i dont really know if they are working. if it was working you'd know it by now! could you let me know a routine to see good results and also the beginner roid that i would be best suited to take, i think they are quite hard to get here in new zealand but i may be able to get something, also what do you think of these natural anabolic steroid alternatives . Train 4 days per week (CHEST-BICEPS/LEGS/OFF/SHOULDERS-TRICEPS/BACK/OFF/OFF. DO 6-10 INTENSE WORK SETS PER BODY PART ONCE A WEEK use 500 mgs of test per week for a first time cycle and regarding natural anabolic steroids i have never seen a lot of growth from any that are still on the market today but some of the stronger pro-hormones in the past helped if taken in large enough quantities. Still yet, it's not comparable to real steroids imo cheers!!!!
    above

Cronos is offline Associate Member

Help with shoulder pain/rotator cuff please!

Hey, can someone with experience in this department please help me out. For the past several years of lifting (longer than I can even recall), I have had a off and on recurring shoulder pain in the left shoulder. It is usually brought on by some form of pressing, usually overhead. I had someone tell me it's probably a rotator cuff, but I will describe the symptomsI for you.
    1.Pain at the back/side of the shoulder when I perform a overhead pressing motion (even without weight, and ESPECIALLY with weight) This doesn't matter if I use free weights, the smith, or any other machine.
    2. Pain at the back/side of the shoulder when I rotate my arms behind my back, say while holding a broom stick in both hands.
    3. The pain is most felt at the bottom to midpoint of a press, and not much at the top.
    4. No pain during dips or declines, but a little during flat bench, worse still for inclines, and absolutely the worst during overhead presses.
    5. The pain feels like it's "inside" the shoulder for the most part, except there is one spot on the out side. You know that bone on the top of your shoulders right between your traps and your delts, on the very top? Well if I apply pressure to that with say my hand, it hurts quite a bit. There is no other tender spot in the outside like this.

Any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated, as it is playing havoc with my routine and driving me nuts

above
    My blood urea nitrogen (BUN) is 26mg/dl (normal lab reference 7-20mg/dl).
    It's a bit high. Do you think it's bad, ron?

Does the high protein diet cause it?

Yes, I do take in aprroximately 275gr of protein per day.
    But during deloads, I take in about 150gr pf protein (half amount of intake during reloads) and increase carbs...
    Last edited by Yellow; 12-19-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Darius Roid is offline New Member
    loooong article, but very good info, i will send link for all my steroids friends thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    Hey, can someone with experience in this department please help me out. For the past several years of lifting (longer than I can even recall), I have had a off and on recurring shoulder pain in the left shoulder. It is usually brought on by some form of pressing, usually overhead. I had someone tell me it's probably a rotator cuff, but I will describe the symptomsI for you.
    1.Pain at the back/side of the shoulder when I perform a overhead pressing motion (even without weight, and ESPECIALLY with weight) This doesn't matter if I use free weights, the smith, or any other machine.
    2. Pain at the back/side of the shoulder when I rotate my arms behind my back, say while holding a broom stick in both hands.
    3. The pain is most felt at the bottom to midpoint of a press, and not much at the top.
    4. No pain during dips or declines, but a little during flat bench, worse still for inclines, and absolutely the worst during overhead presses.
    5. The pain feels like it's "inside" the shoulder for the most part, except there is one spot on the out side. You know that bone on the top of your shoulders right between your traps and your delts, on the very top? Well if I apply pressure to that with say my hand, it hurts quite a bit. There is no other tender spot in the outside like this.

Any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated, as it is playing havoc with my routine and driving me nuts
    You are going to need to stop doing the exercises that are irritating your problem. Are you performing rotator cuff exercises to help build up that area? You may need to see a doctor if this pains lingers. I occasionally have the same pain and have found going lighter and doing rotator cuff exercises aids in fixing it but it can be a long road to recovery. My concern is the pain between your traps and delts. I would have that checked out to play it safe.

Some deep tissue massage may help tremendously if you can find someone in your area. Deep tissue massage can help break up things if indeed that's what's causing your problem. If your rotator cuff was torn you would be losing strength! It could also be an inflammed bursa sac but that's usually a bit further down on the medial delt. I get that problem from time to time as well. I would say you need to stop all over head presses, flat bench and inclines and just do declines for moderate to high reps and see if it heals on it's own. Training the rear delts with isolation exercises and lat exercises could also help strengthen the area of the rear delts.

NOTE: Lowering the bar too high on the chest or too close to the chest can cause rear shoulder pain. Also, if free weights cause pain during over head shoulder presses you need to use a hammer strength machine because it takes away some of the work from the stabilizers-hence the rotators! Allow your hands to come down to your ear lobes and no further!! The smith machine is not very good option IMO for doing overhead presses in terms of avoiding rotator cuff pain and can even make it worse due to the akward position you are in but it's a good option for doing inclines given you first tried incline dumbbell presses. Incline dumbell presses on a very low incline (same goes for barbell or smith) helps take stress from the rear shoulder and actually places more empahsis on the upper chest. A 10-15 degree incline is optimal! Give dumbbels a try.. Do not try and bring the elbows back too far or it can really torque the rear and front delts. When doing an inline press bring the bar down to the mid chest not the upper most part of the chest as this puts the shoulders in turmoil. Aso, do not keep your elbows back too far with overhead presses if you feel shoulder pain

Blog Entries
    You are going to need to stop doing the exercises that are irritating your problem. Are you performing rotator cuff exercises to help build up that area? You may need to see a doctor if this pains lingers. I occasionally have the same pain and have found going lighter and doing rotator cuff exercises aids in fixing it but it can be a long road to recovery. My concern is the pain between your traps and delts. I would have that checked out to play it safe.

Some deep tissue massage may help tremendously if you can find someone in your area. Deep tissue massage can help break up things if indeed that's what's causing your problem. If your rotator cuff was torn you would be losing strength! It could also be an inflammed bursa sac but that's usually a bit further down on the medial delt. I get that problem from time to time as well. I would say you need to stop all over head presses, flat bench and inclines and just do declines for moderate to high reps and see if it heals on it's own. Training the rear delts with isolation exercises and lat exercises could also help strengthen the area of the rear delts.
    You know, I have this same thing, only a little different. The pain is at the front point of the right shoulder. Mine is during flat bench and ESPECIALLY lifting off the rack during decline presses. If I keep my elbow in real tight, there's no problem. Or if the spotter helps me off the rack with it, I can go heavy on decline with no pain at all. Flat bench still hurts, but it's tolerable. Also, side laterals are no problem at all. What sort of things should I do to help this? Maybe that broomstick thing?
    Last edited by The Titan99; 12-21-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Thread Information