Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: energizer bunny diet progress log (come on 6 pack)

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Good idea staying away from fibre rich food. Good to see it's going well for you

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Day 90 (Day 5 of UD 2.0)

Today was rest day from training and high carb load..........its been good eating this amount carbs, ive also loaded with creatine,leuicine and plenty of water to get ready for tomorrows power training day. im well looking forward to blasting some squats and deads out.....i have 2 meals left before bed, then tomorrow is 20% cals below maint day, medium carbs.....still an ok amount 200 or so.

DIET MACROS......roughly.....5000 cals, 1100 carbs, fats below 100, protein ??

cheers

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Good idea staying away from fibre rich food. Good to see it's going well for you
    cheers mate, i am enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post

cheers mate, i am enjoying it.
    Good stuff,I had fun stuffing my face yesterday too

Good stuff,I had fun stuffing my face yesterday too
    its the workouts that are the hardest part of this plan, the diet is easy enough (easier than eating, say 300 below maintenance every day all the time)........

its the workouts that are the hardest part of this plan, the diet is easy enough (easier than eating, say 300 below maintenance every day all the time)........
    Yeah I agree, im a all or nothing kind of guy, can't do inbetween. Tho I will say this, you will have weeks when you struggle, I've done 5 weeks on this now and I have to say I've been fine most of the time, but I've had my moments.

Thing I hate about this routine is been locked in to doing the workouts at specific times. But hell can't argue with the results.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-06-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Yeah I agree, im a all or nothing kind of guy, can't do inbetween. Tho I will say this, you will have weeks when you struggle, I've done 5 weeks on this now and I have to say I've been fine most of the time, but I've had my moments.

Thing I have hate about this routine is been locked in to doing the workouts at specific times. But hell can't argue with the results.
    yep the workouts are what will make me only do this plan once a year........

yep the workouts are what will make me only do this plan once a year........
    Im aiming for 8 weeks this time. Once I've finished, that's it for me with this routine, it's too demanding. It's taking up too much of my life.

Im aiming for 8 weeks this time. Once I've finished, that's it for me with this routine, it's too demanding. It's taking up too much of my life.
    im going for 13 weeks with 1 week at maintenance on week 7............then i have to start a performance diet as im back at my mma gym for the summer and training for a tough endurance run in september ha.....

im going for 13 weeks with 1 week at maintenance on week 7............then i have to start a performance diet as im back at my mma gym for the summer and training for a tough endurance run in september ha.....
    Ooooo sounds like a bruising schedule. Ive done some MMA in the past, some of the toughest training I've ever done, I used to be a boxer also.

Ooooo sounds like a bruising schedule. Ive done some MMA in the past, some of the toughest training I've ever done, I used to be a boxer also.
    its tough, im not a fan of running so its menatly painful for me, but worth it in the end...........i love all aspects of mma, ive trained boxing on and off since i was younger, and ive been doing muay thai, kick boxing, shoot wrestlig,grappling and mma for a few years (just cant comit becasue of college at the min)

did you have many boxing bouts?

well thats my carb load over and done with for this week........

its tough, im not a fan of running so its menatly painful for me, but worth it in the end...........i love all aspects of mma, ive trained boxing on and off since i was younger, and ive been doing muay thai, kick boxing, shoot wrestlig,grappling and mma for a few years (just cant comit becasue of college at the min)

did you have many boxing bouts?
    MMA training I used to do was mental. The coach depending on weather it was stand up day or ground fighting day, he would have us all spare or wrestle eachother for 5 mins rounds, you keep swapping partners until you had fought everyone in the room lol so there would be like 10 scraps going on in the hall, when the round was over you would swap partner. So we be sparing for like 2 hours none stop. After two hours you would be destroyed, I used to love it tho. That's where you learn the most is in sparing,

Ive had 11 amateur boxing bouts

MMA training I used to do was mental. The coach depending on weather it was stand up day or ground fighting day, he would have us all spare or wrestle eachother for 5 mins rounds, you keep swapping partners until you had fought everyone in the room lol so there would be like 10 scraps going on in the hall, when the round was over you would swap partner. So we be sparing for like 2 hours none stop. After two hours you would be destroyed, I used to love it tho. That's where you learn the most is in sparing,

Ive had 11 amateur boxing bouts
    i sparring is key! i love it aswell so thats a bonus!........good stuff on the amateur bouts mate!.......ive never thought but hope to get a couple in before im 35....

i sparring is key! i love it aswell so thats a bonus!........good stuff on the amateur bouts mate!.......ive never thought but hope to get a couple in before im 35....
    Yeah it's great to compete, proper buzz! I used to train at the same gym as London Olympic gold medallist Luke Campbell, spared him many times, so used to have good sparing

bed time! im goosed off all these carbs......looking forward to the power training the mora.

bed time! im goosed off all these carbs......looking forward to the power training the mora.
    Alright, sweet dreams mate.

Alright, sweet dreams mate.
    lol.....weird nightmares more like......

ok i weighed myself on friday a.m 12 st 6lbs, 174lbs, 78.9kg................today after carb load a.m 12st 13lbs, 181lbs, 82.1kg.............so a 7lbs rise, im happy with thats considering carb,water and creatine(which makes you hold water) loading!.........well we will see if i nailed the carb load or not next friday a.m when im hoping to a 1-2lb loss from 174lbs.

cheers

lol.....weird nightmares more like......

ok i weighed myself on friday a.m 12 st 6lbs, 174lbs, 78.9kg................today after carb load a.m 12st 13lbs, 181lbs, 82.1kg.............so a 7lbs rise, im happy with thats considering carb,water and creatine(which makes you hold water) loading!.........well we will see if i nailed the carb load or not next friday a.m when im hoping to a 1-2lb loss from 174lbs.

cheers
    The weight is your glycogen stores filled back up, do your muscles feel hard today? Do you look leaner in the mirror?

Day 91 (Day 6 of UD 2.0)

It was power training today, i hit up squats,deads,bench,bbell should press, as my main exercises followed by leg pres, calf,wide grip pull ups,dbell rows,dips,inc dbell press,dbell shoul press.lat raise,bi curls,tri curls........i used rep range from 1-4.........

DIET MACROS......Cals 1716...Carbs 235...Fat 29...Prot 104

cheers

The weight is your glycogen stores filled back up, do your muscles feel hard today? Do you look leaner in the mirror?
    they looked biggger and were harder......i didnt feel bloated on waking but i wouldnt say i looked leaner, i looked leaner on friday.....but i have been loading with creatine so i will be holding extra water...

i look better after depletion workouts, i.e high reps,,,,some people say they look flat........maybe its a personal thing, maybe some people respond better to higher reps than low.

they looked biggger and were harder......i didnt feel bloated on waking but i wouldnt say i looked leaner, i looked leaner on friday.....but i have been loading with creatine so i will be holding extra water...

i look better after depletion workouts, i.e high reps,,,,some people say they look flat........maybe its a personal thing, maybe some people respond better to higher reps than low.
    I noticed your fat was a tad high yesterday on your carb load (100g) you should try to keep it below 50g because believe /it or not your body is burning the most bodyfat it has all week during your carb load, due to all the carbs going to glycogen stores, the body uses fat for energy,the carb load gives you a better blood supply so your body burns from your stubborn fat areas, however if you are consuming high amounts of fat your body won't need to burn stored bodyfat. Just thought that was worth pointing out for something for you to watch out for.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-07-2013 at 12:15 PM.

I noticed your fat was a tad high yesterday on your carb load (100g) you should try to keep it below 50g because believe /it or not your body is burning the most bodyfat it has all week during your carb load, due to all the carbs going to glycogen stores, the body uses fat for energy,the carb load gives you a better blood supply so your body burns from your stubborn fat areas, however if you are consuming high amounts of fat your body won't need to burn stored bodyfat. Just thought that was worth pointing out for something for you to watch out for.
    cheers.......def worth watching out for, if i havent lost any weight on friday ill know were to start......to be fair i wasnt watching fat this week and it may of been lower or it may have been higher, i kept away from fat foods though, only eating low or extra low fat stuff.

cheers.......def worth watching out for, if i havent lost any weight on friday ill know were to start......to be fair i wasnt watching fat this week and it may of been lower or it may have been higher, i kept away from fat foods though, only eating low or extra low fat stuff.
    I eat mainly cereal (coco pops) pasta and bread this week, I had a really good carb up, really enjoyed stuffing my face too Im gonna have very little fructose and sucrose next week, see how what result I find.

Day 92 (Day 7 of UD 2.0)

this is the last day of the 7 day cycle so end of week 1, 20% below maintenace day..........today was either cardio or rest, i chose reat this week so if i need to change things up i will add cardio on this day.....back to depletion eating and working out tomorrow.....

DIET MACROS......Cals 1635...Carbs 213...Fat 28...Prot 127

cheers

I eat mainly cereal (coco pops) pasta and bread this week, I had a really good carb up, really enjoyed stuffing my face too Im gonna have very little fructose and sucrose next week, see how what result I find.
    i went with bagels and fruit loop cereal ( im just going to go with a dif cereal every week, maybe low fat rice pudding) plus my 2 meals with girlfriend, fajitas on friday and thai red curry on saturday...........i had a few sweets but nothing to worry about........i honestly dont think i could carb load with rice and pasta in every meal!

i went with bagels and fruit loop cereal ( im just going to go with a dif cereal every week, maybe low fat rice pudding) plus my 2 meals with girlfriend, fajitas on friday and thai red curry on saturday...........i had a few sweets but nothing to worry about........i honestly dont think i could carb load with rice and pasta in every meal!
    I've got a big box of that new branflake golden clusters for my next carb up, I like to have pasta for one of my meals (a big serving (150g) but I agree not too much, because it's filling,I might try low fat oven chips this week too, (love chips) gonna try to limit sugar this week (apart from the lemon curd on teacakes lol) I drink alot of milk too, get most of my protein from skim milk (with my cereal) Lyle says lactose is ok and milk is quality protein, so must be a winner

Day 93 (Day 8 of UD 2.0)

First depletion workout of the week, very tough!! glad its over......smashed in a full body workout then repeated it.....my muscles were screaming at the end. Back to low cala and carb, boring bland brocoli and asparagus, well its only for 3.5 days.

DIET MACROS......Cals 1131...Carbs 42...Fat 38...Prot 148

cheers

I've got a big box of that new branflake golden clusters for my next carb up, I like to have pasta for one of my meals (a big serving (150g) but I agree not too much, because it's filling,I might try low fat oven chips this week too, (love chips) gonna try to limit sugar this week (apart from the lemon curd on teacakes lol) I drink alot of milk too, get most of my protein from skim milk (with my cereal) Lyle says lactose is ok and milk is quality protein, so must be a winner
    getb the mcain crinkle cut oven chips, they are the lowest in fat by a good mile (well in tescos)...................im going to try that lion bar cereal this wknd....though im waiting for fridays weigh in to see what way im going with regards to fructose and sucrose.........i dont drink much milk to be fair, just whats in my cereal. (i do love milk tho)

ha........TIP watching man v food on low carbs and cals is a bad idea, im drooling over some of the stuff he is eating!.......time to turn over lol

getb the mcain crinkle cut oven chips, they are the lowest in fat by a good mile (well in tescos)...................im going to try that lion bar cereal this wknd....though im waiting for fridays weigh in to see what way im going with regards to fructose and sucrose.........i dont drink much milk to be fair, just whats in my cereal. (i do love milk tho)
    They do lion bar cereal, love lion bars, will have to see if I can get my hands on some of that.
    took me a couple of weeks to get my carb load right, it's just a case of trial and error.

Im down in weight a stone on my depletion days, then on carb days I shoot up half a stone.

They do lion bar cereal, love lion bars, will have to see if I can get my hands on some of that.
    took me a couple of weeks to get my carb load right, it's just a case of trial and error.

Im down in weight a stone on my depletion days, then on carb days I shoot up half a stone.
    i seen it last week, must be new, lion bars are very tasty......

so your down a stone from your starting weight?

i seen it last week, must be new, lion bars are very tasty......

so your down a stone from your starting weight?
    Yep since I started the UD2.0 around six weeks ago, tho if you look at it on high carb days, when my glycogen is filled im down half a stone.

Day 94 (Day 9 of UD 2.0)

well thats the second depletion day over! another painful session......the hardest days are behind just gota wait a couple of days for the carb load.......chicken,asparagus and brocoli tonight yum!

DIET MACROS......Cals 1126...Carbs 42...Fat 36...Prot 149

Yep since I started the UD2.0 around six weeks ago, tho if you look at it on high carb days, when my glycogen is filled im down half a stone.
    good going mate!

Day 95 (Day 10 of UD 2.0)

Today is a rest day,,,,,i was going to do cardio but decided to see what weight i am this week because if im good without cardio i will hold back untill the second cycle to see what differnce it makes, if im not good ill add cardio in ASAP.........i am taking 20mg yohimbine hcl now and im sticking at this dose, not feeling any adverse sides, just dont want to go to high...........i am feeling very hungry today, cant wait untill this time tomorrow to start carb load...........tonight guess what im having, yes its aspargus and brocoli booo, but with a steak so alls good.

DIET MACROS......Cals 1209...Carbs 42...Fat 44...Prot 153

Day 96 (Day 11 of UD 2.0)

Tension training done! so much easier than depletion.......my weight this morning was the same as last week, so i was a bit dis heartened BUT head up and carry on, i pretty much nailed the diet so not going to change that, ill be adding cardio in from next week to see were that get me........cheers

time to start carb load.......

DIET MACROS......Cals ...Carbs ...Fat ...Prot

Day 97 (Day 12 of UD 2.0)

Rest day and carb loading all day, decided to drop the leucine from my loading (does not mix well at all!!) so just sticking with creatine and water, ive upped the water from last week and also more creatine over the 36 hours.

DIET MACROS......Cals over 5000...Carbs 1100ish ...Fat below 100 ...Prot ??

cheers

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Day 97 (Day 12 of UD 2.0)

Rest day and carb loading all day, decided to drop the leucine from my loading (does not mix well at all!!) so just sticking with creatine and water, ive upped the water from last week and also more creatine over the 36 hours.

DIET MACROS......Cals over 5000...Carbs 1100ish ...Fat below 100 ...Prot ??

cheers
    *drool*

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    *drool*
    lol......the feeling of smashing that many carbs in is very good, aslong as i keep away from fibre rich that is!........still have another 150 grams left to go before bed ha.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information