Page 660 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1605606106506556566576586596606616626636646656707107601160 ... LastLast
Results 26,361 to 26,400 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Will do, Igi. I pondered on it at work last night, and believe I may superset flyes and presses at least until my next pullback. That really got down deep into my muscle tissue and when I went back to doing flyes and presses separately, my working weight on flyes started creeping.up. I saw your post above regarding your back session. Something I've been doing is after my Tbar, b'bell, or Smythe supported rows (whichever one I do) that has seemed to help my lats creep lower is as follows. After the bar rows, I'll do a heavy-ish set of d'bell rows say a weight I can get for 12-15 reps, and then I will immediately plop down at my machine and go straight into low pulley rows. (I have the plates already loaded and the foot plate attached so I am ready to go as soon as d'bell rows are completed).It doesn't hit the upper back much, but man my lats really burn in the mid-back area. Just thought I would throw that info out there.
    Good stuff. I'll do that tonight, thanks AG. Tbar or bb rows, follows by db rows, then I'll go into one arm pulley rows. I have so much food to eat today... Lol. It's like a pt job.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Leg day today..... Going HEAVY
    Get it done Haz. Tell us all about it later.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    i just wanted to say u got it easy if this was the biggest decision you had to make for today, was being a smart ass.
    I figured, but I was thinking maybe I had forgotten something? Haha.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    You thinking legs today, nova? Gives you he need to walk w/your kids... Can always pick em' up
    Yes, I am going to go for legs.

I am at work all day so it gives me a great amount of time to rest and eat in prep for the onslaught.

I do not have leg machines in my dungeon, so I am going to have to do quite a bit of pre-f so that I can hit them hard with ext, curls, squats, and lunges.

I'm also in the process of trying to hit the 600lb deadlift, so I may throw in some deads at the end just to keep up the work. These will be significantly less than my 1RP, but they are definitely going to help after I'm completely gassed.
    NACH3 likes this.

I have Sheuermann's kyphosis, which essentially means when I was an adolescent, the cartilage in my thoracic spine was deficient and caused a change in my vertebral spaces. It isn't ordinarily visibly noticeable, but when I bend you can see the hump. This does not effect me too much but I do have to work pretty progressively on hamstring flexibility which is naturally reduced with the Kyhposis.

I dead with a mild-moderate amount of pain everyday, but it is manageable if I'm not an idiot and keep my posture in check when doing about anything.

The reason I am saying this is because overhead movements tend to do the most aggravation to my condition. I'm not afraid to squat, but it hurts more than any other overhead movement.

My question is, does this sound like the exact reason to put squats last in my HIT routine? I mean with prefatigue and then ext, curls, lunges, and squats last, this will reduce my weight in squats and although for my legs the amount of true work will be the same, but for my spine, the actual weight will be reduced.

Does that make sense?
    almostgone, marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    novastepp, does it aggravate more doing front squats?

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Long night last night at work. Arms where lucky. They got a few extra hours to feel ....the N word. (Normal, hate this word) Just ate 1 cup of oat with a shake, cup of coffee and getting ready to take a scoop of ACG3. I am not trying, I am going to make my arms fall off.GROW MF'ers!!! LETS DO THIS!!
    Last edited by Bodacious; 10-06-2015 at 08:36 AM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I have Sheuermann's kyphosis, which essentially means when I was an adolescent, the cartilage in my thoracic spine was deficient and caused a change in my vertebral spaces. It isn't ordinarily visibly noticeable, but when I bend you can see the hump. This does not effect me too much but I do have to work pretty progressively on hamstring flexibility which is naturally reduced with the Kyhposis.

I dead with a mild-moderate amount of pain everyday, but it is manageable if I'm not an idiot and keep my posture in check when doing about anything.

The reason I am saying this is because overhead movements tend to do the most aggravation to my condition. I'm not afraid to squat, but it hurts more than any other overhead movement.

My question is, does this sound like the exact reason to put squats last in my HIT routine? I mean with prefatigue and then ext, curls, lunges, and squats last, this will reduce my weight in squats and although for my legs the amount of true work will be the same, but for my spine, the actual weight will be reduced.

Does that make sense?
    Does to me. Also, what about Zercher squats? That works the legs pretty decent and keeps the weight down lower on the spine. When I do them, I generally wrap a towel or two around the bar to put a tad of cushion between the bar and my arms. Also, I do belt up and dig the bar into the belt.
    Just a thought, but might be an option to consider? Was thinking you could set your spotters, put on the bar, load it up (evenly of course, lol), and get to work.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-06-2015 at 08:27 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    novastepp, does it aggravate more doing front squats?
    Its about the same. Meaning I don't feel a beneficial difference. I think that I am not as able to maintain my stance and my core stability if my arms are in front of me. I prefer them to be back as far as comfortable.

I freaking want a damn hacksquat!

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Does to me. Also, what about Zercher squats? That works the legs pretty decent and keeps the weight down lower on the spine. When I do them, I generally wrap a towel or two around the bar to put a tad of cushion between the bar and my arms. Also, I do belt up and dig the bar into the belt.
    Just a thought, but might be an option to consider? Was thinking you could set your spotters, put on the bar, load it up (evenly of course, lol), and get to work.
    Never tried them.

For the amount of weight I would use, I'm not sure those are practical. I think a standard 225 on my shoulders would be more feasible on a regular squat than on the Zercher.

Great idea though.

I always prefatigue before squats, and after today's HIT approach, I may be okay with the amount of weight I will be squatting.
    almostgone likes this.

Never tried them.

For the amount of weight I would use, I'm not sure those are practical. I think a standard 225 on my shoulders would be more feasible on a regular squat than on the Zercher.

Great idea though.

I always prefatigue before squats, and after today's HIT approach, I may be okay with the amount of weight I will be squatting.
    Sounds good. Just file the Zerchers in the back of your mind; you may want to give them a go one day. If you get time, you may want to Google D.Tate or L. Simmons and Zerchers to see how they rate them.
    Hope.you have a great lift!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Sounds good. Just file the Zerchers in the back of your mind; you may want to give them a go one day. If you get time, you may want to Google D.Tate or L. Simmons and Zerchers to see how they rate them.
    Hope.you have a great lift!
    I actually know Dave. I am looking at his comments now.

I actually know Dave. I am looking at his comments now.
    LOL, I know. That's why I mentioned it.

his effort/volume training really helped me with deadlifts.

I'm glad there are people out there with different styles of training because different methods help with different aspects to training and are appropriate at different times for different folks.
    almostgone likes this.

I think I may actually deadlift today before squats as another method of pefatigue.

Anyone use deads as part of a leg routine? I'm going to assume its used in back work, but wanted to ask anyway.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Serious posting going on in here just shows the thread is growing and growing

Last night was back for me fast heavy session. Very sore today. This is my last week of heavy next week is de load week and back into heavy again feeling good. Rotors are a bit funny but nothing too major.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

his effort/volume training really helped me with deadlifts.

I'm glad there are people out there with different styles of training because different methods help with different aspects to training and are appropriate at different times for different folks.
    I agree. It can be counterproductive to limit yourself to one particular discipline of weightlifting world. There are often things that apply to bodybuilding and strength equally well.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-06-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Well, time for this old fart to get some rest. Hope everyone has a great day!
    DCI likes this.

Well, time for this old fart to get some rest. Hope everyone has a great day!

Right on, AG!

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Definitely hard to keep up with this. Lol

Shoulders and cardio

RC and strecthing

Seated military press 3 warms 1 feel 1 working 1 drop

Leaning db laterals 2 w 1 drop

Front db raise 2 w

Ez bar upright rows 2w

Bent over cable laterals.

Front and back shrugs.

Shoulders were popping.
    DCI, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    nice workout SFLA!

hope the little one is doing well, and the wifey!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    I have Sheuermann's kyphosis, which essentially means when I was an adolescent, the cartilage in my thoracic spine was deficient and caused a change in my vertebral spaces. It isn't ordinarily visibly noticeable, but when I bend you can see the hump. This does not effect me too much but I do have to work pretty progressively on hamstring flexibility which is naturally reduced with the Kyhposis. I dead with a mild-moderate amount of pain everyday, but it is manageable if I'm not an idiot and keep my posture in check when doing about anything. The reason I am saying this is because overhead movements tend to do the most aggravation to my condition. I'm not afraid to squat, but it hurts more than any other overhead movement. My question is, does this sound like the exact reason to put squats last in my HIT routine? I mean with prefatigue and then ext, curls, lunges, and squats last, this will reduce my weight in squats and although for my legs the amount of true work will be the same, but for my spine, the actual weight will be reduced. Does that make sense?
    Very interesting nova and kudos to guys like you and nach who work through the pain with things like this. Lots of guys would throw their hands up and use it as an excuse to sit around and eat Vicodin all day and get fat and sick.

Good tips from AG, and keep your eye on Craig's. List or eBay. You can sometimes find amazing deals on equipment.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    nice workout SFLA!

hope the little one is doing well, and the wifey!
    Thanks RC...doc for both of them tomorrow!

Getting close! 12 weeks to go.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Definitely hard to keep up with this. Lol Shoulders and cardio RC and strecthing Seated military press 3 warms 1 feel 1 working 1 drop Leaning db laterals 2 w 1 drop Front db raise 2 w Ez bar upright rows 2w Bent over cable laterals. Front and back shrugs. Shoulders were popping.
    Nice chef.. I may work shoulders with back today. Not sure yet. Good luck at the doc man, all the best.

Edit: for you and the fam

And my cardiologist apt today. Going in soon. Not sure why but nervous lol.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post

Nice chef.. I may work shoulders with back today. Not sure yet.
    Even with this pull back style training I'm doing I don't think I could handle shoulders and back lol

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I think I may actually deadlift today before squats as another method of pefatigue.

Anyone use deads as part of a leg routine? I'm going to assume its used in back work, but wanted to ask anyway.
    I do lighter slow sumo's on leg day to finish them off. Every other week.
    marcus300 and novastepp like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    This is a routine ive recently sent to a member, it may help others understand
    Thanks...........

I have my own variation of HIT whats evolved over the years to really hit the muscle hard and to make it respond. Ive also had great success with many clients who I've advice over the yrs, myself and also personal friends with this style so when you ask me to design you a workout I am going to give you something what has been proven to work. First you need to have the right mind set and mental focus it takes to go to the gym and do this kind of assault on your body, you have to get into your head this is going to be 45mins only so it can be done, it will hurt and it will produce gains if I do it right. Get the adrenalin flowing and when you walk in that gym its to breakdown your muscles and create an environment what will make them grow bigger and stronger. You don't get this mental approach right you wont get the best out of your workouts, its your choice its down to you what you want.

When I talk about going to failure I mean were you can't push or pull another rep out no matter what, if someone had a gym to your head you still couldn't do another rep and your down to doing half cheated reps and quarters. Don't leave anything in the tank for the next set don't even be thinking about the next set, failure means you cant lift or pull that weight on your own even if your life depended on it. So when I say failure don't disregard it as when the lactic acid starts flowing through your muscles and you start to think this is my last rep, oh no failure means failure and you cant do another rep or even half rep and you have come to positive failure.

When I talk about beyond failure this is when I implement either forced and negatives after total positive failure, rest pause at positive failure or drop setting at positive failure. These are methods to take you beyond the failure and into a zone of extreme hell, this will recruit further fibres to execute the movement which in turn will put serious over load on the muscle and the body will have no alternative but to grow bigger and stronger. TALKING ABOUT IT IS EASY DOING IS A DIFFERENT MATTER.

You have told me

Your workout 5 days per week Mon to Fri and have weekends off
    You have a 2 hour window in the morning for cardio and training
    95% of the time you can get someone to spot and assist you
    Shoulders are the worse bodypart, and you have issues with upper chest, chest delt tie-in's, back thickness, traps and tri's
    You can squat, leg press, hack squat

I am going explain while I go through the workout so you fully understand whats expected, as the workout expands I wont need to carry on explaining but for the first few workouts I will go into detail so you know what your doing and should be feeling.

Monday

Shoulders - method - failure + forced + negatives

DB seated shoulder press

2 warm up sets - do high reps and increase the weight on the second set to get a feel were your going to be starting with the working set. After your first warm up set stretch each shoulder for 30 seconds and make sure you get as much blood in that area as possible, if you fancy doing some light lateral raises do them aswell or you fancy doing 3 warm up sets just do what ever it takes for you to get fully warmed up for the working set.

working set - to failure + forced +negatives

Pick a weight were your going to be at failure around 4-6 reps, you should be able to judge this right knowing your PB and how you feel on the day, you also got a 4-6 rep range to target at failure so you should be able to judge this within that set rep range. Get your spotter to help you up with one of the bells and start pressing until your at failure - remember what failure means so you will be down to doing half reps and your spotter will help you up on the half rep to complete your reps - now your at positive failure and we are going into forced reps- do around 2-3 forced reps the reason why I say only 2-3 forced reps because if you have truly gone to failure on your own and you have left anything in the tank for the forced reps you should be only able to do around 2 or 3 at the most with the help of your spotter, so do 2-3 forced reps and now your at total positive failure and its impossible to do any more even assisted with your spotter. Your bells are at the top and now we are going to do 2-3 negatives so slowly lower the weight down and try and keep it under control - this is were the serious pain is going to enter your body you think the forced was painful then this is a whole new world, once at the bottom get your spotter to help you to the top again and do another negative slowly lowering the weight down, if you feel you got another in your for 3 negs go for it, doesn't matter if you fail so long as you have gone to total negative failure. That's muscle has now recruited every fibre inside it to complete that set and you have put it in serious overload and your body has no other option but to grow bigger and stronger by building more muscle.

If by any chance you feel you can do another working set then do another one but you will need to adjust the weight being used to a lighter one, some can do 2 working sets, others put that much into the working set its impossible to do the same again, see how you go with that one lol.

Now your only going to have 1 min rest so within the next min go and get ready for the next movement which will be either

DB side laterals

machine side laterals

cable side laterals

With this example I am going to go with seated side laterals

1min rest over

2 feel sets - get a light weight start judging what your going to be doing for your working set, get the feel of the movement right and make sure your warmed up, after the pressing you should be. Get your spotter to sit behind you for your working set

working set - to failure + forced + negatives

Pick a weight were your going to be failing around 4-6 reps - strict form with these at first and try and slightly have your little finger higher than your thumb at shoulder level, this will target the outside lateral head cap. Go to failure until your doing half cheat reps and go down to quarter cheat reps, this movement is ideal for this - so failure means you cant lift them to your side not even for a quarter rep - now get your spotter to help you do another 2-3 forced reps - your delts will be screaming in pain here, serious pump and you just want to throw the bells down but don't, do the forced reps and once at total positive failure go with 2 negatives - get your spotter to help you to the top and slowly lower the bells - lol i'm laughing because at tis stage it wont be slow but I want you to really try and hold that weight from dropping down to your side - do 2-3 negs in this fashion. You should now know what pain means because ngative pain is a whole new ball game, welcome to the pain zone my friend.

After 1 min rest do another working set but adjust the bells to suit- lower the weight and try and hit the 4-6 rep range to failure even down to half cheat and quarter cheat reps, 2 forced reps and 2 neg reps - your delts now should be very pumped and aching like never before, usually the only rest you can give them is to hold them high up but remember 1 min rest and get ready for the next movement

Side note: An alternative to the seated side laterals which you can try these and implemented them every other week

single side laterals superset with single upright row

3 working sets of 8 reps to failure then straight into single upright rows for another 8+ reps see video as an example MuscleTech: "60 Seconds on Muscle" One Arm Upright Row - YouTube

Rear DB laterals, machine rear laterals

Same thing as side laterals

2 feel sets

2 working sets to failure + forced + negs

BB shrugs - best if you can do these off squat safety bars or a power rack so you don't have to bend over and take it off the floor. Your not doing forced or negs with shrugs because it doesn't work right so the best way to go beyond failure with shrugs is dropsets.

One min rest from the rear laterals or close as you can to 1 min rest, if you need more time take it but try and keep rest time short around 1min or min and half, as you progress through this style you will adapt better to shorter rest periods and you will get it spot on to fully stimulate your muscle group so try always to keep rest period down and aim for 1 min rest..

2 feel sets - warm those traps up and get a feel of the weight, think about what your going to be doing for your working set, pull your shoulder right up towards your ears and right down and stretch.

working set - load the bar and strap yourself to it and your going to be trying to hit failure at around 4-6 reps, right down to half cheat reps with these until you cant lift the bar up at all, then get your spotter to take some weight off the bar either side and aim for another 4-6 reps, if you go higher doesn't matter keep going until total failure, then get your spotter to take more weight off the bar and rep straight away and go for all out, rep until your doing half cheat reps down to quarter cheat reps, rest the bar and let it stretch the traps out and rep again until you cant do anymore, this is your last movement, last reps and your going home so rep until your neck feels like its going to drop off, hold and stretch the bar on the last drop set and go to total positive failure.

Shoulders done, if your not totally fuked, extremely pumped and feel like you have grown 2 inches all over you didn't do it hard enough, if you do feel this well done go home and eat or shake.

Tuesday

Back -going to go with drop setting the back routine because we have already done forced and negs but I will explain further about the beyond failure methods at the end. With back its all about the mind muscle connection and not using the arms and concentrating on using the back muscles. Stretch and squeeze while using the arms as hooks and with any pulldown movement make sure your back is arched otherwise you are not contracting the back muscles and will be using the arms, feel the squeeze and think about squeezing the shoulder blades together and cracking a nut in-between them, if your back is rounded it wont contract and you have just move the weight with your arms, too much weight and you will have to round the back so get the weight right, get the movement right and stretch and squeeze each rep and feel the muscle work in the back.

Close grip pull downs palms facing each other

2 warm up sets - high reps in-between sets while resting for the min you need to be stretching those lats out, every time you finish a set stretch those lats out and pull.

working set - use a weight what you will be hitting around 4-6 reps in strict form, I mean your back contracting so your stretching those lats out at the top and squeezing them when you pull the bar to your upper chest area - once at failure drop some weight off the stack and aim for another 4 reps - you can either get someone to drop the weight for you or unstrap yourself from the bar and do it but it must be quick - once at failure drop set again and rep till you drop right down to half reps.

2nd working set - if you feel there is more do the same as above but with lighter weight.

wide grip pulldowns
    same as above

BB bent over rowing -failure + drop set

45 degree angle works for me, take stress of my lower back and also builds the biggest part of the back and adds slabs of tissue all over the upper section.

1 feel set - high reps over ten and feel the weight and get the movement right, think about what your going to be able to do on your working set for 4-6 reps.

working set - Load the bar strap yourself to it and row, aiming for 4-6 reps at failure take weight off each side and rep again until failure, then take more weight off and repeat till failure and at all times keep form and back arched to your back muscle do the work and not your biceps. Doubt you will be able to do another after that if done right.

One arm dumbbell rows or seated single arm hammer strength row- either will do

1 feel set - and start thinking about your working set and what your going to be doing

working set - aim for 4-6 reps - dropset the weight and aim for 4-6 reps and dropset again until failure

Dead lifts

straight sets - don't dropset deads, just creep the weight up but make sure you don't put the weight down on the floor after each rep, many do and its wrong, we are not powerlifting we are building so once you got a weight your going to be aiming for 6-8 reps and lower the weight to around half way down the shin bone and back up, keep tension on the lower back, from half way down the shin bone and to the floor is pointless and can damage the back, try these and watch your back explode in size, work the weight up and aim for 6-8 reps all the time.

Wednesday

Chest -failure + forced + negatives

Incline DB press

2 warm up sets - high reps and stretch in between sets for the min
    working set - use a weight aiming to hit 4-6 reps at failure - 2-3 forced reps to failure , then 2 negatives

Incline DB flyes

2 feel sets - high reps and starting think about your working set weight
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps but get your spotter to put his fingers on the inside of your wrists and make sure you are wide enough and when your at the bottom tell him he needs to put some gentle pressure on your wrists and take you down a further inch or so, yes this is going to hurt, yes this is hell but at failure do 2-3 forced reps and then 2 negatives. You should be totally zoned out now and listening to bells ringing in your ears.

Decline BB/ decline DB/ Flat hammer strength/ flat DB press - any of these will do you pick

2 feel sets - you know the score
    working set - failure then 2-3 forced reps then 2 negatives

flat flyes/ decline flyes

2 feel sets
    working set as incline flyes - say hello to pain

Thursday
    Legs - going to pre exhausted them so your knee's are fully warmed up for the assault later one

Leg extensions

2 warm up sets - high reps, stretch in between sets, 1 min rest like usually, need another warm up take it, make sure your fully ready for your working set.

working set -rest pause - use a weight were your hitting 4-6 reps at total failure stop and take 15 deep breaths and repeat rep till you reach total failure, this could be anything right now from 2 reps to 6 reps but rep till total failure and then drop the weight and take 15 deep breaths and repeat till total failure, do this until you cant do one rep after 15 breaths. Pain isn't the word here its hell.

1min rest and over the the next movement which is squats

squats - rest pause

2 warm up sets - makes ure your in a good position and your feeling the weight and know what your going to attempt to lift on your working set, all about mind set and getting ready the feel sets.

working set - rest pause - use a weight what you will be hitting 8 reps, this weight would be probably less than you normally squat because you pre exhausted your quads and also the rest pause you just gone through on extension. So we are aiming for around 6-8 reps higher rep range with squats. Squat till failure and rack, breath for 15 deep breaths and repeat squat till your at failure, doesn't matter how many, rack and 15 deep breaths and repeat till you can squat, you should be at your limit now but if not repeat till you are doing one rep at max.

At this stage you will be cursing me and thinking of going home but not yet

1 min rest and over the
    hack squat
    2 feel sets
    working set - rest pause
    aim for 6-8 reps to failure and 15 deep breaths and repeat, you know the score from here keep doing rest pause until your doing one rep at max

1 min rest

lying leg curls
    2 feel sets
    working set - rest pause
    aim for 6-8 reps to failure and use the rest pause as described

1 min rest

BB lunges
    2 light weight high reps to failure each time

Calves
    seated calves raises
    2 warm up sets - high reps - stretch in between sets
    working set - aim for 8-10 reps to failure, rest pause like the above 2/3 times till your doing one rep

Friday

Arms
    standing ez curls or BB curls
    2 warm up sets and stretch in between sets
    working set -failure +forced + negs

aim for 4-6 reps to failure + 2-3 forced + 2-3 negs

Incline DB curls
    2 feel sets - high reps, 1 min rest, stretch in between sets
    working set
    aim for 4-6 reps each side to failure + 2-3 forced + 2-3 negs

preacher curls/ bent over concentration curls
    working set straight away -aim for 4-6 reps + 2-3 forced and 2-3 negs

Forearm curls over knees
    2 working sets to failure high reps

Tricep

pushdowns
    2 warm up sets - 1min rest stretch and get ready for a triple drop set
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure - drop set aim for 4-6 failure -drop set rep till total failure

close grip press, try and do it on a smith machine so you can rack it instantly at failure
    2 feels sets - get use to the weight and start think about what your going to be using for the working set
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure, drop set and aim for 4-6 reps to failure and drop set again till failure

Seated one arm DB overhead extension

2 feel sets
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure and rest pause - 15 deep breaths and repeat to failure and rest pause till your doing only one rep

Fit your cardio in around your working week 3 x per week but not before training

Also add your abs 3 x weekly say on Mon, Wed and Fri

You can see you can use any of the methods ive mentioned to take you past failure, either rest pause, drop sets or forced and negs. You can also use mix them up like I did with arms for you on different movements. The more you work with this routine and you will get to know how your body responds with these protocols so you can mix them up to suit your body, you may well like drop setting better and your body grows with these the better than rest pause, but use them all and you will be able to design the perfect training routine to suit you to stimulate the most growth. On a personal note I prefer drop setting my biceps and rest pausing my triceps, I also prefer forced and negs on chest but like drop setting on delts....Use what works but most of all get the mental attitude and aggression needed to go in the gym for 45 mins 5 days per week to train with the intensity as describe above. Your only training the whole body once because if its done right you wont need to train it again and it will need to recover. Once per week for around 45mins, with 1 in rest in between set and learn how to go to failure and beyond and you will open a growth window..

Remember failure means failure don't leave anything in the tank for the next set or what you think you may have to do, its the current set your doing so go all out and go to failure then introduce one of the protocols to go beyond failure and recruit as many fibres as possible.

I wanted to bump this post, Marcus, because it is amazing. I was searching and search for it when I was directed to page 41 the other day.
    I access this forum via a mobile site at home and I couldn't locate teh page. I'm not sure, but there may be a disconnect between pages between cpu v. mobile.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by marcus300; 10-16-2015 at 11:10 PM.
    marcus300, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I do lighter slow sumo's on leg day to finish them off. Every other week.
    Great! Thanks, BG.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I wanted to bump this post, Marcus, because it is amazing. I was searching and search for it when I was directed to page 41 the other day.
    I access this forum via a mobile site at home and I couldn't locate teh page. I'm not sure, but there may be a disconnect between pages between cpu v. mobile.

Thanks again!
    Thanks Nova

Does that make sense?
    I would defo pre exhaust your quads and hit the compound movements at the end, I would also look at the reverse V squat machine because that's really helped me keep the load off my spine and put my quads through a set like a set of squats do, also hack squats are amazing especially if you drop set them and keep the sets to a minimum so the pressure is reduced on the spine. I have problems with my lower disc which stops me going heavy on squats these days but I concentrated on my lower back and thickness to help protect my spine and that really helped, I did around 12 months just thickness to create iron rods down either side of my spine which help when squatting.
    almostgone and novastepp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Thanks Nova
    I am going to go all-in on something very similar. I started with chest then back and today is going to be legs. Then arms on Thurs, then I'm going to go with this 5-day program schedule.

I do not have access to all exercises here, but I can manage different exercises where needed.

Legs is by far the most excruciatingly wonderful day in the world.

What kind of schedules do the regulars here use?

Shoulders and biceps are sore today, my biceps are sore from the top to bottom and my triceps feel nice squashing out of my shirt not training today but may get in tomorrow but if not Thursday is defiantly pain day
    almostgone and DCI like this.

Time to go teach pathophysiology/pharmacology.

Endocrine today, lots of sexual hormone talk
    RaginCajun, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Time to go teach pathophysiology/pharmacology. Endocrine today, lots of sexual hormone talk
    You're a college professor, correct?

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    BOOM!!! Murdered arms today!!!

Warm up Elliptical 12min Stretching.

Biceps

DB curls Standing ....2 f 12, 10 (1w 4 DD 3, 4)

Tried Preachers incline curls DB... 2 f 12, 10 (1w 5 3f used other hand to help 2 neg)

Incline Db curls ....1 f( 2W 4 RP 1, DS 4, 1 neg)(Other WK set (5, 1 neg, DS 4 RP 1) Same weight

Small bar curls ....1 f 1W 4 (swing bar back to top so i could get 2 neg in ) DS 3 then 2 more Negs

Triceps

One arm pull down machine... 2 f 10, 10 1 W 6, 2 forced helped with other hand some, 1 neg

Tri extension on machine Over head(sitting down) ... 2 feel 15 15 1w 15 (To light here first time I tried these.)

Rope push down with twist at bottom... 2 feel 10 10 1w 5 DS 5 DS 3

DB kick backs one arm at a time.. 1f 9 1w8 RP1

Arms was done at this point.

At the end I Superset
    Hammer DB curls and Rev Grip bar pull down for 2 sets all out. Wasn't much though I gave it hell trying.

20min on stair climber.

Back from cardio.

Good news is BP was 110/70.

Down 5 pounds also :/ probably all the added cardio lol.

Bad news :/.....

Well after the last CAT scan , surgeon called and said it was smaller then we thought and less to worry about.

But according to my cardio he told him to reevaluate because my cardio saw it with his own eyes.

So the surgeon ended up "andenum" (spelling) his original report and didn't say anything to me or cardio either.

After reevaluating the scan. Sure enough he found the aneriusm.

So come December I will get a scan with contrast or mri down to get a much better look. Cardio says the heart is constantly moving so the original scan isn't the best result.

He also said the leader of aorta used to work out of university of Florida but has now moved to Orlando which is much closer and not a bad drive from me. He told me after results, might be a good idea to go see him and he can answer all my questions with more assurance behind the answers.

Think I'm gonna slow back down on lifting again. :/.

And all this with baby coming....they want to set up all my apts within a week of due date.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Some great sessions guys av not trained since saturday av just been really busy got a few things going on and works taking it right out of me the now so i've just been resting and it's been great.
    Back to it the mora though tri's.
    almostgone and DCI like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Back from cardio. Good news is BP was 110/70. Down 5 pounds also :/ probably all the added cardio lol. Bad news :/..... Well after the last CAT scan , surgeon called and said it was smaller then we thought and less to worry about. But according to my cardio he told him to reevaluate because my cardio saw it with his own eyes. So the surgeon ended up "andenum" (spelling) his original report and didn't say anything to me or cardio either. After reevaluating the scan. Sure enough he found the aneriusm. So come December I will get a scan with contrast or mri down to get a much better look. Cardio says the heart is constantly moving so the original scan isn't the best result. He also said the leader of aorta used to work out of university of Florida but has now moved to Orlando which is much closer and not a bad drive from me. He told me after results, might be a good idea to go see him and he can answer all my questions with more assurance behind the answers. Think I'm gonna slow back down on lifting again. :/. And all this with baby coming....they want to set up all my apts within a week of due date.
    Damn man.. Listen to your doc and hang in there. Hopefully you can work all the appts before the baby. Will be thinking about you dude and thanks for the update. Frustrated for you though.

Thread Information